PDA

View Full Version : Quinten Carter "Tebows" on the Chargers 50 yard line logo

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 05:16 AM
With Tim Tebow kneeling in prayer and Matt Prater’s 37-yard field goal going through the uprights with 74 minutes, 31 seconds expired from the game Sunday, Denver Broncos rookie safety Quinton Carter bolted for the San Diego Chargers’ helmet logo in the middle of the field.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/36143/chargers-latest-to-get-tebowed

Clipworthy
11-28-2011, 06:20 AM
i liked the part where he tebowed

Joel
11-28-2011, 07:18 AM
I dunno, that seems kind wrong. Maybe it's the Cowboys fan in me remembering Terrell Owens scoring for the '49ers and dashing to slam the ball down on the star at midfield (and George Teague slamming into him immediately thereafter to teach him fear, if not respect.) Not that I have any love for the Bolts, but I do feel kinda bad for them; we pretty much ended their season yesterday, and probably Norv Turners tenure as their coach. I get that the guy was just having fun and expressing his appreciation for Tebow, but doing it there is needlessly rubbing the Chargers nose in the end of their season, maybe the end of an era (what's left from all those great fizzly Bolts teams of a decade ago? Rivers and Gates?)

Northman
11-28-2011, 07:24 AM
For me, its not even about feeling bad for them. But it was just a few weeks ago some people were pissed that Detroit was mocking the Tebowing thing during that game. And yes Joel, the Owens thing and even New England doing something at the Chargers midfield following a playoff game created a stir and animosity. Frankly, i dont care but people have to remember this shit comes back to haunt you eventually.

MasterShake
11-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Best part of the article!

"We're doing what it takes on both sides of the ball,” said Broncos linebacker Von Miller, who has 10.5 sacks this season and is a leading defensive rookie of the year candidate. “We’re playing great team football.”

UnderArmour
11-28-2011, 08:15 AM
For me, its not even about feeling bad for them. But it was just a few weeks ago some people were pissed that Detroit was mocking the Tebowing thing during that game. And yes Joel, the Owens thing and even New England doing something at the Chargers midfield following a playoff game created a stir and animosity. Frankly, i dont care but people have to remember this shit comes back to haunt you eventually.
Detroit isn't a division rival so there was absolutely no reason to be mocking a team you play once every four years. With San Diego, Kansas City, and Oakland we play them twice a year. While antics like Rivers making faces at Cutler or San Diego players/Josh McDaniels taunting each other or this are still disrespectful, we will play San Diego twice next year. If Rivers has a problem with it he gets two shots next year to get back at us. They've done way worse to us before so I just see them getting it right back. Back and forth stuff is acceptable in the context of a rivalry that runs way back. Also, it's acceptable because **** the Chargers.

threefolddead
11-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Seriously! This is a rivalry and as a fan I'd wipe my butt with Charger toilet paper if I could find it! Rivalries are nasty and the AFC west feels like they have gotten toned down in intensity. He kneeled on the opposing teams logo, big deal. Im rooting for Phyllis Rivers to break his leg every time Miller got close to him.

Northman
11-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Detroit isn't a division rival so there was absolutely no reason to be mocking a team you play once every four years. With San Diego, Kansas City, and Oakland we play them twice a year. While antics like Rivers making faces at Cutler or San Diego players/Josh McDaniels taunting each other or this are still disrespectful, we will play San Diego twice next year. If Rivers has a problem with it he gets two shots next year to get back at us. They've done way worse to us before so I just see them getting it right back. Back and forth stuff is acceptable in the context of a rivalry that runs way back. Also, it's acceptable because **** the Chargers.

I dont know, i guess im all about showing some class and acting like you been there before. I never cared for all the stupid shit.

tomjonesrocks
11-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Add a vote from me not liking it. Same reasons as others have stated.

UnderArmour
11-28-2011, 11:12 AM
I dont know, i guess im all about showing some class and acting like you been there before. I never cared for all the stupid shit.

Everything goes out the window when you're talking about a division rival. Steelers and Ravens go at it. Patriots and Jets go at it. Hell, Bills and Patriots go at it, Steelers and Bengals, Ravens and Bengals, Miami and New York, and everyone in the NFC East. The NFC North tends to be a little bit classier except Detroit and you just don't see as much taunting going on between the Bears and Packers. Besides, it's not like Carter did the lights out dance. No harm, no foul.

NightTrainLayne
11-28-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm all for going full tilt during the game. But taking time after the contest is decided to gloat at mid-field is not my cup of tea. I wish he hadn't done that.

I know how I feel when another team gloats at us after getting our asses whipped (way too many humiliating losses the past couple seasons), and I don't relish disrespecting the players on another team in that manner. .. many of them will be hunting for another job after Norv gets fired.

Celebrate, sure, but after the game is decided, no need to go out of your way to embarass the other team.

FlyByU
11-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I dunno, that seems kind wrong. Maybe it's the Cowboys fan in me remembering Terrell Owens scoring for the '49ers and dashing to slam the ball down on the star at midfield (and George Teague slamming into him immediately thereafter to teach him fear, if not respect.)

I remember that and loved that from TO what a way to keep the rivalry going strong. Made my day seeing that he had the Balls to do that. Wonder what his fine would be today for doing that $150,000 and 5 game suspension for hurting the feelings of the Cowboys fans and team?

Joel
11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Everything goes out the window when you're talking about a division rival. Steelers and Ravens go at it. Patriots and Jets go at it. Hell, Bills and Patriots go at it, Steelers and Bengals, Ravens and Bengals, Miami and New York, and everyone in the NFC East. The NFC North tends to be a little bit classier except Detroit and you just don't see as much taunting going on between the Bears and Packers. Besides, it's not like Carter did the lights out dance. No harm, no foul.
Some people beat their kids, too, but that doesn't obligate me to join them. Remember when the Oilers and Bengals were taking turns beating each other 60-3, the Bengals booed them when they came to town and Wyche got up on the mic at the stadium yelling at them to show some class because "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinatti!" It's kind of like that, as much about having respect for oneself as for them.

I remember that and loved that from TO what a way to keep the rivalry going strong. Made my day seeing that he had the Balls to do that. Wonder what his fine would be today for doing that $150,000 and 5 game suspension for hurting the feelings of the Cowboys fans and team?
Well, according to Wikipedia his own coach suspended him for a week, so extrapolate from that. ;) Bribing Owens away from the Eagles after that (and his play for the hated Division rival) ranks right behind behind casting Aikman aside just because Dallas could no longer pass block as the most shameful acts by Jerry Jones as team owner. Dumping Texas Stadium to make himself more money off a "better venue" is still #1 though. Put it this way: I can't imagine Rod Smith, Terrell Davis or Elway (or Jesus, bearing in mind the association of the act) doing something like that. Not saying Carter's a bad guy but, IMHO, he should not have done that.

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
“That’s why I Tebowed,” Carter said. “We’re all having a lot of fun.”

^^ says it all.

Funny how so many moan about the "No Fun League", then do the same when they are having fun.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I have no love for the other teams. Disrespect them all you want, as long as you can back it up.

Superchop 7
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Stupid.

Have some class Carter.

TT15Superman
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Stupid.

Have some class Carter.Yup. This ain't college. Though I give him a pass as a rook.

Rumor has it that even Tulloch, who "Tebowed" upon sacking Tebow, went into the locker room and told Timmy to keep the faith.

Joel
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I have no love for the other teams. Disrespect them all you want, as long as you can back it up.
Even if we don't respect others we should at least respect ourselves, and behave respectably: If we're better than them we should comport ourselves accordingly, or our belief we're better is no more than belief.

Was Tulloch Tebowing over Tebows body after that sack OK as long as he didn't respect us? Because, y'know, they were undefeated and we were 2-4, down by 39 points in our own house; you can hardly blame if he didn't. None of that made it any less insulting, arrogant or wrong.

Yup. This ain't college. Though I give him a pass as a rook.

Rumor has it that even Tulloch, who "Tebowed" upon sacking Tebow, went into the locker room and told Timmy to keep the faith.
Actions speak louder than words.

FlyByU
11-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I will admit I loved Mark Gastineau's attitude and the way he played his game and flouted his actions after a sack all 100 & 1/2 in 100 first starts. I was a fan of his and wished Denver had him many times. I like it when players show emotion and flout there achievements in game. American Football players are Modern Day Gladiators not a bunch of pansy Euro Soccer Players.

Joel
11-28-2011, 03:54 PM
I will admit I loved Mark Gastineau's attitude and the way he played his game and flouted his actions after a sack all 100 & 1/2 in 100 first starts. I was a fan of his and wished Denver had him many times. I like it when players show emotion and flout there achievements in game. American Football players are Modern Day Gladiators not a bunch of pansy Euro Soccer Players.
Ironically, after I last stopped into this thread I found this posted in another one on another site (which has nada to do with football; it's a literary site operated by a Brit (who would almost certainly respond to that "pansy" remark by asking why Americans need full plate mail to play rugby. ;)) Gastineau makes an appearance (and, all things considered, it is probably just as well Denver never got Gastineau.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeHuLE4XM3I

FlyByU
11-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Ironically, after I last stopped into this thread I found this posted in another one on another site (which has nada to do with football; it's a literary site operated by a Brit (who would almost certainly respond to that "pansy" remark by asking why Americans need full plate mail to play rugby. ;)) Gastineau makes an appearance (and, all things considered, it is probably just as well Denver never got Gastineau.)

Soccer and Rugby isn't that hard hitting they don't need pads for playing backyard football. Our LB's are 6'+ weigh 235-265 and move faster then there 155lbs Rugby boy. If our American Football players played the #1 Rugby team it would be an Ambulance call every play for the poor Euro's. Yes I dislike Euro's if that isn't clear.

Fullback32
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Soccer and Rugby isn't that hard hitting they don't need pads for playing backyard football. Our LB's are 6'+ weigh 235-265 and move faster then there 155lbs Rugby boy. If our American Football players played the #1 Rugby team it would be an Ambulance call every play for the poor Euro's. Yes I dislike Euro's if that isn't clear.

Plus they hit a lot harder because of the pads. Now Australian Rules Football...those dudes are crazy, badasses or both.

On a side note, when I first glanced at the thread title, I thought is said QUINCY CARTER not Quentin Carter. I was thinking, who let that doofus back in the NFL?

FlyByU
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Even if we don't respect others we should at least respect ourselves, and behave respectably: If we're better than them we should comport ourselves accordingly, or our belief we're better is no more than belief.

Was Tulloch Tebowing over Tebows body after that sack OK as long as he didn't respect us? Because, y'know, they were undefeated and we were 2-4, down by 39 points in our own house; you can hardly blame if he didn't. None of that made it any less insulting, arrogant or wrong.

Sorry that New Age Feely Feely Good sportsmanship crap can take a flying leap off the nearest bridge you play to win it is a battlefield not a football field and is to be treated as such.

Northman
11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Sorry that New Age Feely Feely Good sportsmanship crap can take a flying leap off the nearest bridge you play to win it is a battlefield not a football field and is to be treated as such.

Uh, sorry. Football is not a battlefield and the many men and women who actually die on battlefields should be treated with more respect htan with comments like this. Show some respect as too what a real battlefield is and to those who actually die on them.

CoachChaz
11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Uh, sorry. Football is not a battlefield and the many men and women who actually die on battlefields should be treated with more respect htan with comments like this. Show some respect as too what a real battlefield is and to those who actually die on them.

I once played a game of football on a battlefield.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Ok, you know nothing about rugby at all. I played it in college for years. Lets see 155lb Rugby boy.....i was one of the smaller players at 5'11 210. Our biggest guys were 6'5" 280+ solid muscle, not fat like OL. Euro? The best rugby teams are in New Zealand and Australia. They would destroy any NFL team. 2 guys running full speed no pads.....ya wimps. Only difference is that you can not launch in rugby, but you can full out fight and not get kicked out. Rugby players have broken bones every game, I dont see that in the NFL. Just guys getting knocked on ass and crying about being hit. Your comment is soooo ignorant is makes Jag look like a genius.

G_Money
11-28-2011, 05:13 PM

http://www.wallpapervortex.com/iphone_wallpapers/iphone_15238_funny_this_is_sparta.jpg

:salute:

~G

Davii
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM

One of the most fun games I ever played was in Iraq. Maybe it was because we hadn't had
a whole lot of fun for a while, but damn that was a good time.

Northman
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Not quite what i was talking about. :lol:

CoachChaz
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
I had a friend from England that played semi-pro Rugby. His team was pretty good and he talked me into going to a few games when I was over there visiting. I'm 6'1", 240 and I would have been one of the bigger guys on the team. My friend is only 5'9", 170.

Now I dont know how different things are on the professional level or "down under", but I have watched those guys on tv. Some of them look like they are pretty big guys and the sport can be hardcore.

But...I have a feeling a guy that is 280 pounds of muscle, can run fast and hits like a truck...would have offers to do something else. Just dont recall seeing too many guys like that on a rugby field in my limited exposure.

Davii
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I could get on board with it being immature... But... I'm on board with him doing this. The team played with fire, intensity, and passion. We haven't seen that in San Diego in quite a while... I don't expect them to shut down all those emotions when they get a very hard fought win. Besides, he didn't mock the Chargers so much as he emulated a team mate.

I know merriman is long gone, but were it something along the lines of his stupid shaky dance, or some other Charger move at the 50 then I would see it as mocking.

CoachChaz
11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
One of the most fun games I ever played was in Iraq. Maybe it was because we hadn't had
a whole lot of fun for a while, but damn that was a good time.

Same here...but I have to say it was probably the most violent game I ever played. Dont know if it was a bunch of Marines relieving penned up stress or what, but we were ALL hurting the next morning.

Staff NCO's were pissed because we were useless. They tried to PT us, but none of us could do much, so they just gave us a week of trash/shitter detail.

It was worth it.

Poet
11-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Simply put, they don't need pads because they don't have the same chance of catastrophic injury.

Pads increase the chance of being hurt, they diminish the chance of huge injuries.

NFL players could go and play Rugby against the Rugby players and vice versa. I think it would end up with the whole "Rugby is the toughest sport" bullshit being put to rest.

MMA and Boxing are the toughest sports.

dogfish
11-28-2011, 05:33 PM
love it. . . after some of the humiliating defeats we suffered at their hands recently, it feels great to go in there and end their season. . . **** the sparkies! i didn't complain about tulloch tebowing on our field, and i have no problem at all with Q doin' it in san diego. . .

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 05:33 PM
and how dare they play a college BB game on a battle carrier!

Davii
11-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Same here...but I have to say it was probably the most violent game I ever played. Dont know if it was a bunch of Marines relieving penned up stress or what, but we were ALL hurting the next morning.

Staff NCO's were pissed because we were useless. They tried to PT us, but none of us could do much, so they just gave us a week of trash/shitter detail.

It was worth it.

Same deal... I was the SNCO though, but the Major wasn't too pleased. He got over it when we let him play the next time.

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I could get on board with it being immature... But... I'm on board with him doing this. The team played with fire, intensity, and passion. We haven't seen that in San Diego in quite a while... I don't expect them to shut down all those emotions when they get a very hard fought win. Besides, he didn't mock the Chargers so much as he emulated a team mate.

I know merriman is long gone, but were it something along the lines of his stupid shaky dance, or some other Charger move at the 50 then I would see it as mocking.

Or Seau's dumb shit

CoachChaz
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
and how dare they play a college BB game on a battle carrier!

Just another marketing attempt to push false patriotism and make a buck in the process.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I had a friend from England that played semi-pro Rugby. His team was pretty good and he talked me into going to a few games when I was over there visiting. I'm 6'1", 240 and I would have been one of the bigger guys on the team. My friend is only 5'9", 170.

Now I dont know how different things are on the professional level or "down under", but I have watched those guys on tv. Some of them look like they are pretty big guys and the sport can be hardcore.

But...I have a feeling a guy that is 280 pounds of muscle, can run fast and hits like a truck...would have offers to do something else. Just dont recall seeing too many guys like that on a rugby field in my limited exposure.

He was not fast, he was in the scrum (the pile of dudes biting, punching and kicking) he was one that moved those piles. Your friend would have been a back or wing maybe scum half. Our scrum (guys 1-8) were all over 200 lbs).

wayninja
11-28-2011, 06:19 PM
I have no problem with it. I would have no problem if he squatted and dropped a loaf on the logo.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 06:43 PM

By better than them, I meant at playing football. I don't think showing sportsmanship is any sign of being "better." You play for one reason: to win the game. What you do after you win is irrelevant to me. And I like it when two teams genuinely dislike each other, it makes for a better contest.

I have no problem with Lions players mocking us, other than the fact we allowed it to happen. If we have a problem with it, it's up to us to shut them up by playing better. It's like that whole "running up the score" bullshit. There's no such thing as running up the score, if a team has a problem with the other team scoring too much, then stop them. If they can't, that's on them. They can suck it up and get better instead of bitching and whining that their opponent didn't go easy on them.

Slick
11-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Larry Allen would whip any rugby players ass, easily.

dogfish
11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Larry Allen would whip all rugby players asses, easily.

:welcome:

Poet
11-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Larry Allen would whip any rugby players ass, easily.

Introduce them to Lorenzo Neal - Hi, I ran into middle linebackers for 14 years and won.

What the **** would they do other than just get their shit handled.

Joel
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for making it easy for me.... :rolleyes:

Most pro rugby players are built like "our" LBs and play like them, except for entire games. If that kind of ignorance combined with "I dislike Europeans" is your best rebuttal, I think it safe to say my points stand. ;)

Like what? Olympic weightlifting, maybe? Outside the US there's not much demand for guys like that except as rugby players. From the admittedly little I know of the sport, what's on the field at any given time is basically a team full of LBs with 2-3 "skill" players comparable to WRs. An NFL DT would manhandle most of those guys, yes, but only for about 5-10 minutes, after which he would probably collapse because he couldn't go over to the sideline and suck on an oxygen tank until his team lost the ball.

By better than them, I meant at playing football. I don't think showing sportsmanship is any sign of being "better." You play for one reason: to win the game. What you do after you win is irrelevant to me. And I like it when two teams genuinely dislike each other, it makes for a better contest.

I have no problem with Lions players mocking us, other than the fact we allowed it to happen. If we have a problem with it, it's up to us to shut them up by playing better. It's like that whole "running up the score" bullshit. There's no such thing as running up the score, if a team has a problem with the other team scoring too much, then stop them. If they can't, that's on them. They can suck it up and get better instead of bitching and whining that their opponent didn't go easy on them.
The NFL and other sports already has far too many players with the idea that "I'm an AWFUL human being but it's OK because I'm a GREAT athlete." If Carter wants to emulate Tebow and give him props, he should start by repudiating that attitude the way Tebow has.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2011, 10:45 PM
The NFL and other sports already has far too many players with the idea that "I'm an AWFUL human being but it's OK because I'm a GREAT athlete." If Carter wants to emulate Tebow and give him props, he should start by repudiating that attitude the way Tebow has.

We're not talking about Brandon Marshall or Perrish Cox here. Mocking your opponent doesn't make you an awful human being, at worst it makes you immature and unsportsmanlike.

bcbronc
12-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Great, love it! Screw the effin Chargers.

End of the day, football's a game and has zero importance in "real" life. All it's value comes from the passion put into it by those that love it, fans and players. Stunts like Carter's fuels that passion, makes it burn hotter.

Sure, it's unsportsmanlike, but not in a bad way. Bad sportsmanship imo is stuff like not shaking hands with your opponent, or trash talking during handshakes. Then you are directly disrespecting your opponent, which is inappropriate.

But what Carter did I see more as interacting with the Chargers' fan base. Like when Moss pretend mooned CHI fans--I loved that, as long as you understand the back story. Or Willis saluting in the Black Hole. It's the players directly interacting with the fans and acknowledging their passion for their team, and by extension the sport itself.

When players on other teams taunt us Bronco fans after a shitty moment, it makes me hate the player and the team that much more. But let's be honest, other than Superbowls, the best time to be a fanatic is a big game vs a hated rival. As long as you remember that both the hatred and the taunt are in the context of a meaningless game, there's no need to be offended. Instead, embrace the joys of rivalry in sport and love it when our players do it to them as much as you hate it when they do it to us.

dogfish
12-01-2011, 03:04 AM

End of the day, football's a game and has zero importance in "real" life. All it's value comes from the passion put into it by those that love it, fans and players. Stunts like Carter's fuels that passion, makes it burn hotter.

Sure, it's unsportsmanlike, but not in a bad way. Bad sportsmanship imo is stuff like not shaking hands with your opponent, or trash talking during handshakes. Then you are directly disrespecting your opponent, which is inappropriate.

But what Carter did I see more as interacting with the Chargers' fan base. Like when Moss pretend mooned CHI fans--I loved that, as long as you understand the back story. Or Willis saluting in the Black Hole. It's the players directly interacting with the fans and acknowledging their passion for their team, and by extension the sport itself.

When players on other teams taunt us Bronco fans after a shitty moment, it makes me hate the player and the team that much more. But let's be honest, other than Superbowls, the best time to be a fanatic is a big game vs a hated rival. As long as you remember that both the hatred and the taunt are in the context of a meaningless game, there's no need to be offended. Instead, embrace the joys of rivalry in sport and love it when our players do it to them as much as you hate it when they do it to us.

good post. . . probably coulda just stopped after the first line, though. . . :heh:

Joel
12-01-2011, 06:31 AM
We're not talking about Brandon Marshall or Perrish Cox here. Mocking your opponent doesn't make you an awful human being, at worst it makes you immature and unsportsmanlike.
Yes, the scale is different, I certainly grant that; I'm not saying he's a soulless monster we must cut before he reduces the team to trading their girlfriends for crack on the nearest street corner. It was immature and unsportsmanlike though, traits to discourage rather than applaud.

Sure, it's just a game that shouldn't define anyones life, but that only mitigates the shame of classless acts without making them any more classy. I'd rather other teams and their fans hate ours for beating the tar out of them on the field than for being graceless arrogant winners after the game. For that matter, I'd rather hate the Raiders because of Romanowski intentionally breaking Shannon Sharpes leg than because they lead the series 59–42–2 (though Shannon might feel differently.) Any idiot can do the former, so such behavior does nothing but remind us of that fact. It demonstrates insecurity, not superiority.

Taunting the other team and its fans in the middle of their field after a game adds nothing to the equation, is not constructive. This just gives Chargers fans a reason to justifiably hate the Broncos for something we should not have done, though it is ultimately not the crime of the century, no. I have to ask myself whether I would consider it acceptable if the roles were reversed (as in the Detroit game) and in this case my answer is an emphatic "no."

FlyByU
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Still love it when players in into other players faces and piss them off.

wayninja
12-03-2011, 02:12 AM
I agree. Sportsmanship is an illusion that the losing team wants the winning team to show in order to feel better about losing. Right before the losing coach takes his misfit losers to the pizza or ice cream parlor so they can stuff their loser faces.

If you want sportsmanship, take up fencing or polo or some bullshit. If you lose to a division rival, expect to get peed on.

That is all.

sneakers
12-03-2011, 02:32 AM
I was tebowing while taking a poop this morning.

FlyByU
12-04-2011, 05:12 AM
I was tebowing while taking a poop this morning.

How is that possible? My imagination has limits unfortunately...

Joel
12-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree. Sportsmanship is an illusion that the losing team wants the winning team to show in order to feel better about losing. Right before the losing coach takes his misfit losers to the pizza or ice cream parlor so they can stuff their loser faces.

If you want sportsmanship, take up fencing or polo or some bullshit. If you lose to a division rival, expect to get peed on.

That is all.
You'd think fans of a team that finished next to last in the League last year would appreciate teams who don't STILL have something to prove even after winning. Do what you like though.