PDA

View Full Version : Gotta stick with Tebow next year.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 12:33 AM
He is getting better each game. Today he ended up completing 50% of his passes and I counted at least 3 straight up drops and at least 1 PI that should have been flagged when Decker got pushed at the 1. These 4 plays would have given him another 60-80 yards or so and boosted him up to 13 of 19.

More importantly, Tebow is not turning the ball over. In each of Orton's starts this year he gave up a costly turnover in the 4th quarter.

I still don't think I could pass up Luck if he fell to us (not happening) but at this point, unless Tebow completely falls apart over the remaining games, I think you need to focus on Defense in the draft. DTs and Corners are probably the priority for this team. As for the offense, another RB would be nice as we will need at least one more that is good with the option. Tebow will need a backup that can play a similar game, Dennis Dixon would be nice if he could be had.

Elway and crew definetly have curveball on their hands here... Will be interesting to see what they do with it as their actions in the draft this year will tell a lot!

broncobryce
11-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Yes, stick with Tebow and draft the Oregon RB.

dunk7
11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Not sure I get the logic here. Sure, it's been emphasized that we need to focus on defense before the season but our defense is playing lights out. As far as I'm concerned, they are winning us games. It's our offence that isn't producing.

Statistician
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
He is getting better each game. Today he ended up completing 50% of his passes and I counted at least 3 straight up drops and at least 1 PI that should have been flagged when Decker got pushed at the 1. These 4 plays would have given him another 60-80 yards or so and boosted him up to 13 of 19.

More importantly, Tebow is not turning the ball over. In each of Orton's starts this year he gave up a costly turnover in the 4th quarter.

I still don't think I could pass up Luck if he fell to us (not happening) but at this point, unless Tebow completely falls apart over the remaining games, I think you need to focus on Defense in the draft. DTs and Corners are probably the priority for this team. As for the offense, another RB would be nice as we will need at least one more that is good with the option. Tebow will need a backup that can play a similar game, Dennis Dixon would be nice if he could be had.

Elway and crew definetly have curveball on their hands here... Will be interesting to see what they do with it as their actions in the draft this year will tell a lot!

I whole heartily agree, the Broncos must keep Tebow as starting QB if they want to win. Oh, and I heard the Moneyball thing works in football too, the Broncos organization should hire me.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM

Where is he projected to go? I don't think I would want to spend a 1st or 2nd on an offensive player. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder though.

Statistician
11-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Not sure I get the logic here. Sure, it's been emphasized that we need to focus on defense before the season but our defense is playing lights out. As far as I'm concerned, they are winning us games. It's our offence that isn't producing.

You draft the highest rated player available in the draft that produces good numbers and gives you consistent efficiency.

Ted Thompson GM of the GB Packers does it that way.

broncobryce
11-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Where is he projected to go? I don't think I would want to spend a 1st or 2nd on an offensive player. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder though.

Probably pretty high, but he's kinda small so maybe he would fall into the second. I don't follow draft stuff until the season is over though. Doesn't Oregon play a spread offense?

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 12:51 AM

Stick with him next year but I wouldn't spend high draft picks on trying to build an offense around him quite yet. The type of offensive players that would work well in the Tebow offense can be had in later rounds as not too many other teams will be looking for that style of player. I would however take the opportunity to try and draft and create one of the best defenses in the NFL. If the experts are right, and the NFL catches on to this offense, then you at least have a kick ass D and can move on to a more conventional offense at that point.

The secondary will not be solid for much longer and we still could use a solid DT. If nothing else solid backups would be great to add to the rotation on the Dline.

silkamilkamonico

For as well as the team is playing, Denver isn't going to beat playoff teams scoring 16 points a game. We're in this for competing with the best.

I'm hoping they address the oline or possibly RB early. We all know WR's are going to be irrelevant in this offense.

broncobryce

Since Tebow has been starting we have the number 1 running attack in the NFL. I'd say that's production.

The defense deserves a lot of credit as well, but to say the offense is not producing is simply false.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Probably pretty high, but he's kinda small so maybe he would fall into the second. I don't follow draft stuff until the season is over though. Doesn't Oregon play a spread offense?

Yeah on the spread. He is good with the option but after his elbow thing, I am wondering if he will have injurty concerns that drop his stock. I like him, but again, wouldn't go offensive until later rounds as we are probably the lone shoppers for players with a specialty that is in the option offense.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Im closer to thinking Tebow is the franchise guy, not 100% yet. Playoffs will help. :D

But I really dont believe LeMicheal James is a RB Fox would like. I think James struggles between the tackles in the NFL because hes so small. He is fun to watch though.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I say we draft whoever ESPN tells us to.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
For as well as the team is playing, Denver isn't going to beat playoff teams scoring 16 points a game. We're in this for competing with the best.

I'm hoping they address the oline or possibly RB early. We all know WR's are going to be irrelevant in this offense.

O line has been playing better than any other part of the team really. As for wideouts, I disagree with that statement. Smaller shiftier guys like Royal will do great in this offense. If they can take a pitch out of the backfield and go run a route, that is the guy we need. Decker and DT should be here for the next few years I think but another smaller quick hybrid wideout type would be good to add.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Im closer to thinking Tebow is the franchise guy, not 100% yet. Playoffs will help. :D

But I really dont believe LeMicheal James is a RB Fox would like. I think James struggles between the tackles in the NFL because hes so small. He is fun to watch though.

A Lagarret Blount type would be nice. Big bruiser that can get the tough yards. Willis is playing great but I wonder how much longer he will last?

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2011, 01:05 AM
O line has been playing better than any other part of the team really. As for wideouts, I disagree with that statement. Smaller shiftier guys like Royal will do great in this offense. If they can take a pitch out of the backfield and go run a route, that is the guy we need. Decker and DT should be here for the next few years I think but another smaller quick hybrid wideout type would be good to add.

Royal isn't doing great in this offense. At all actually. In 5 games since Tebow has take over, he has 13 catches, 1 TD, and 5 rushes for 39 yards. He has also dropped some key passes. I don't think Royal has a future in Denver. I am starting to think maybe that James kid from Oregon might be good depending on how well he can run routes. This offense needs a Reggie Bush type player, someone who can both lineup in the slot and have some touches in the run game.

broncobryce
11-28-2011, 01:06 AM

Yeah, that's my concern. And possibly would get hurt easily in the NFL. Look at Moreno, never hurt in college, can't stay on the field in the NFL. I would bet Denver takes a RB in the first 2 rounds, though, unless a great FA RB is available.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 01:08 AM
A Lagarret Blount type would be nice. Big bruiser that can get the tough yards. Willis is playing great but I wonder how much longer he will last?

Yes. My thoughts exactly. Im hoping we can draft a RB in the 2-3 round who can really give McGahee competition. A Blount type would be perfect. If the Broncos are going to run 99% of the time, they need runners like McGahee that will wear a defense down and punish them in the 4th.

Getting a younger #1 RB next year would be beautiful, but we have to at least get a RB who can help McGahee out. Im not sure Moreno will ever be that guy, but having him 3rd on the roster next year would be great for him, and the team.

vhatever
11-28-2011, 01:13 AM
You draft the highest rated player available in the draft that produces good numbers and gives you consistent efficiency.

Nope. You draft the most underrated player. Just like billicheck likes to trade for underrated players and be stingy with his drafting.

It's all about having a nose for talent.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Royal isn't doing great in this offense. At all actually. In 5 games since Tebow has take over, he has 13 catches, 1 TD, and 5 rushes for 39 yards. He has also dropped some key passes. I don't think Royal has a future in Denver. I am starting to think maybe that James kid from Oregon might be good depending on how well he can run routes. This offense needs a Reggie Bush type player, someone who can both lineup in the slot and have some touches in the run game.

I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing. I say smaller players like Royal will do great and you say we need a Reggie Bush type. I see them as very similar players. Royal basically won that Raiders game a few weeks ago on that punt return. His stats aren't great but he commands the attention of the D and is very versatile. Would be sad to see Royal leave Denver as I think he could be very valuable here if they use him correctly. I think his drop early on today did cost us a FG at least.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Nope. You draft the most underrated player. Just like billicheck likes to trade for underrated players and be stingy with his drafting.

How about the best player. Thats usually the way to go. Very insightful stuff, I know.

Statistician
11-28-2011, 01:16 AM

Are you serious?

This is why the Packers over the last decade have highest percentage of wins BECAUSE they build through the draft by drafting PLAYERS that PRODUCE. That is all that matters, and those are usually the players that are valued.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Yeah, that's my concern. And possibly would get hurt easily in the NFL. Look at Moreno, never hurt in college, can't stay on the field in the NFL. I would bet Denver takes a RB in the first 2 rounds, though, unless a great FA RB is available.

I didnt really think about this until now but I wonder what kind of FAs we will be able to attract with this new style of play. Not sure what our $$ situation is but it would be nice to be a destination type team again for top FAs. It seems the current players on the team have bought in to the Tebow hype, hopefully that trickles down to FAs looking for a new team.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2011, 01:24 AM
I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing. I say smaller players like Royal will do great and you say we need a Reggie Bush type. I see them as very similar players. Royal basically won that Raiders game a few weeks ago on that punt return. His stats aren't great but he commands the attention of the D and is very versatile. Would be sad to see Royal leave Denver as I think he could be very valuable here if they use him correctly. I think his drop early on today did cost us a FG at least.

Bush isn't small like Royal and he's more of a scatback hybrid which Denver needs.

If Royal or any WR succeeds in this offense I don't think they stick around because they can go make much more money in a pass friendly offense and know they will be more part of it.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Im not sure Moreno will ever be that guy, but having him 3rd on the roster next year would be great for him, and the team.

I understand that Moreno had a complete ACL tear a few weeks ago... For me, I don't see him ever really making it all the way back to where he was. At best I am figuring him for a backup next year, and if we draft any RBs at all I see him as the 3rd guy or maybe not even on the team.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 01:27 AM
If the Broncos are going to keep Tebow around, Im interested in the talent that could quickly surround him in a partial option style offense.

There are many areas that the Broncos dont have to address early in the draft on offense. The oline is set as far as Im concered. Not thirilled with Beadles or to a lesser extent Frankin at T, but they are both young, productive players. The WRs are young, as well as a couple TEs. RBs is the only aspect the Bronco MUST address on offense before building depth. Maybe a FB, but does that postion even exist anymore? :lol:

The Broncos have tons of young talent on offense, and a couple pieces next year, possibly an impact FA, could really help this team out. A Harvin type out of the backfield (I realize they dont grow on trees), would be a nice little wrinkle in this offense.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 01:34 AM
I understand that Moreno had a complete ACL tear a few weeks ago... For me, I don't see him ever really making it all the way back to where he was. At best I am figuring him for a backup next year, and if we draft any RBs at all I see him as the 3rd guy or maybe not even on the team.

If Morenos not on the team next year, I could care less. But hopefully hes at least worthy as a #3. The Broncos need a back that can first, push the pile and protect. Then after that, if he can catch and run routes, great.

vhatever
11-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Are you serious?

This is why the Packers over the last decade have highest percentage of wins BECAUSE they build through the draft by drafting PLAYERS that PRODUCE. That is all that matters, and those are usually the players that are valued.

WTF is "producing"? What was rodgers "producing" when he sat on the bench for years? Flatulence? There is a big difference between how high someone is rated and their actual talent.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 01:35 AM
If the Broncos are going to keep Tebow around, Im interested in the talent that could quickly surround him in a partial option style offense.

That is the thing and why I think this is the perfect time to use our higher draft picks on building a GREAT defense. Offensive players that do well in our system should be easy to get since we are the only team running this system. There are tons of great option style players out there that teams with "pro style" traditional offenses aren't interested in and we can corner the market on those type of players.

Statistician
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
WTF is "producing"?

Oh? Let me give you the definition of the word!

producing (present participle of pro·duce (Verb))

Verb:
Make or manufacture from components or raw materials.
(of a region, country, or process) Yield, grow, or supply: "the California vineyards produce excellent wines".

Source: Google.com

Hope I clarified that for you.

By the way, Rodgers is a Super Bowl winning quarterback. You should know that unless you have been living under a rock. ;p

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 02:01 AM
That is the thing and why I think this is the perfect time to use our higher draft picks on building a GREAT defense. Offensive players that do well in our system should be easy to get since we are the only team running this system. There are tons of great option style players out there that teams with "pro style" traditional offenses aren't interested in and we can corner the market on those type of players.

Hell yeah, start building a great defense. The offense is young. Im not sure we corner option style players, but we definitely have more of an advantage than other team.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 02:03 AM
WTF is "producing"?

Its a lot funnier when a troll doesnt act like a retarted window licker. . .:coffee:

wayninja
11-28-2011, 02:08 AM
HFS, I just hear Michael Irving on NFL network say that Tebow has to be the starter if he makes it to the playoffs. Crazy about face.

TimBuff10
11-28-2011, 02:27 AM
HFS, I just hear Michael Irving on NFL network say that Tebow has to be the starter if he makes it to the playoffs. Crazy about face.

Lets face it, this offense has sucked for many years now. Everyone likes to point to stats when cutler was here but they never won anything and were middle of the road in terms of points. All the yards from those days came between the 20s. Orton arrives and again the stats looked really good but all of his yards came in the 4th qtrs against prevent defenses right before he gave the ball away in the form of a pick or just flat out dropping it on the ground for the D to pick up.

This Tebow stuff doesnt look very good most of the time and the stats look really bad but as long as they keep putting up Ws, I say let him dow whatever he wants and focus on building a GREAT defense that is looked at like the Raves SB team. You get a D like that in here and an O that pounds it and you demoralize the entire team for the whole game.

dogfish
11-28-2011, 02:33 AM

i know you'll probably dismiss him because he's a UDFA, but jeremiah johnson's getting a try-out in this role right now. . . he's been the back for some of our option runs, and was lined up as a slot receivier several times today. . .

royal's drops reallya re disappointing, but i'd still kind of like to see him brought back. . . he's a solid returner with big play ability, and has shown some knack for clutch plays at WR over the years as well-- and he's experienced in our system and familiar with tebow, even if the chemistry's not there yet. . . all dependent on price, anyway. . .

in relation to all the draft talk, i would say that one thing we have for sure is plenty of flexibility. . . although we're playing above expectations and looking stronger in some spots than we thought we were, we still need more depth and more explosiveness pretty much everywhere. . . and more young talent across the board. . . we'll be in decent shape to target a few specific needs OR take any player they consider the clear BPA with all of our top picks. . .

O-line: we still need depth badly, and a top-3 rounds pick at OT could move franklin inside to be a pure mauler, or a pick at OG could upgrade beadles, while he makes our bench significantly better as a super sub. . .

RB: mcgahee's having a great year, but you know his mileage is limited at his age, and he's been dinged several times this year. . . ball's a depth guy, and moreno is completely unreliable-- maybe even as a third down back. . . JJ's a bit of a long shot, we'll see-- but we really need another reliable ball carrier, and a guy with the speed to flip the field. . . another impact runner would be the most immediate help we could provide for tebow. . .

QB: not gonna touch this can of worms, but we'll almost certainly take one at some point. . .

WR/TE: i hope we don't take one too high, but if there's a bigtime playmaker there, it's not like our offense couldn't use one. . .

DT: can't count on warren, and bunk's not re-signed yet. . . thomas is a solid rotational guy, and mcbean has exceeded my expectations-- but a real difference-maker who can consistently disrupt the interior could absolutely take this defense to a different level. . . could really use some young talent to develop here. . .

MLB: not the first direction i'd go, but again-- it's not like we couldn't benefit from an upgrade at the position. . . mays inside and irving inside/outside-- plus woodyard if he comes back-- would actually give us some legit, quality depth in one of our units. . . we don't need to make a pick here, but i won't hate somebody like burfict or teo at some point if the FO thinks they're the best athlete. . .

CB: glaring need here. . .

as long as we don't take a safety or a freakin' punter (or kicker), we should pretty much be okay as long as we get quality athletes at pretty much any other positions with our first few picks. . . at least IMO. . . actually, the fact that we're winning games with what we have right now just increases our ability to draft with more of an eye towards the long term, and a little less pressure to find immediate impact guys and fill gaps that are killing us. . .

wayninja
11-28-2011, 02:35 AM
I think why so many folks are torn is that even though we are winning, we are scoring far fewer points. This almost directly points to our defense for the causality.

The problem here is that this is the same defense we had when we were 1-4 with Orton, so it begs very important questions:

1. Did the D just need some adjustment time in getting used to new coaches and/or switching to the 4-3?
2. Is Tebow a better 'general' and commanding the team to play at a higher level?
3. Can we continue playing other phases with a better 'pure passer' but without Tebow's 'intangibles'?

Those are what keeps Elway up at night, IMHO.

I think Deion Sanders just said it best on NFL network:

Elway has a heck of a problem... because this kid is going to keep on winning

Joel
11-28-2011, 02:35 AM

Agreed on all points; can't believe no had posted a thread about Tebow finally hitting the all important 50% mark (despite all the drops.) That PI was so glaring even San Diegos HoF QB was appalled it wasn't called: The ball was exactly where it belonged, but the defender shoved Decker forward to save the TD. Tebow had a 95 PR as it is, but imagine tomorrows sports section if he completes that (TD) pass.

Luck won't fall to a .500 team (and that's basically what we are if we manage a single win against NE, Chicago (minus Cutler,) Buffalo, KC or Minnesota.) Even if he did, his contract would be way to costly for a guy who'll ride the pine all year, which would be the best case scenario. Worst case scenario would be that Tebow falters early next season and Tebowmaniacs fight pitched battles with Luckheads in the streets of Denver. :foilhat: The state of Colorado has committed no crime to warrant such a punishment. I'd much rather get a good center than another QB.

Unless Tebow has reached the limit of his ability for this season, my guess is they find him a backup, though how they choose to define that role is anyones guess.

I largely agree, with the sizable exception of DB, where we have a very talented group that will probably start retiring after they're eligible for Social Security next month. Beyond that... why not try being good on BOTH sides of the ball for a change? :tongue:

And that made sense when they were a crappy team five years ago; it makes far less sense now that they're just trying to stay on top and the "best" available player is someone 30 other teams rejected. Good teams should fill their few holes with the best men for the job rather than backing up their Pro Bowlers with guys who aren't even the best in the draft at their position. Smart teams with awful records should pounce on the BPA while they still have access to guys like Miller and know he'll be replacing someone crappy WHATEVER he plays.

Oh, and guys: We are NOT sticking with the option long term, because that will not win playoff games. We are basically a .500 team now, and I doubt seriously the infamous EFX will look at that and say, "Yeah, blow off the playoffs and continue rebuilding/developing Tebow." If they didn't do that at 4-12 why would they do it at 8-8? This off season they'll work Tebow hardcore (though hopefully not so hard he snaps) on footwork, check downs and general pocket passing, hoping to turn him into Steve McNair or Donovan McNabb. I like their chances, but anyone who says our option running didn't get eaten alive yesterday wasn't watching the game. Yes, we had nice running, but almost all of it was from McGahee, and usually between the tackles. Several times when we tried the option I heard one of the commentators remark that a defender just came off the QB after the pitch and tackled the back, which of course left me thinking, Because that's what happens when you run the option against NFL defences as fast as they are powerful. One time we were darned lucky the ball rolled out of bounds when one guy got to Tebow nearly as fast as another got to the runner.

BroncoBJ
11-28-2011, 03:01 AM
I say we draft whoever ESPN tells us to.

:lol: :lol: Exactly how I feel. ESPN says who we should draft and this whole forum will hop on that persons nuts and talk about how they have always loved that person. Guaranteed. Thats just how it is every year. Comical.

FanInAZ
11-28-2011, 04:18 AM
I'd like to see us invest more in our OL in order that it can regain the elite status that it had back when we won the SBs. I'm also getting tired of us collecting RBs with injury issues and Knowshon Moreno is at the top of my list of RBs that I'm done with. Willis McGahee has been doing a good job and has had the fewest injury issues of any featured back that we've had over the past 4 seasons, but this is his 9th year so I'd defiantly like us to get someone who can be groomed to replace him in the next couple of years. I believe that our starting DBs are the oldest in the league and so I'd defiantly like to see us groom at least a couple of replacements. I haven't been able to watch enough games this year to tell if our nickel & dime backs have the potential to fill those roles someday.

BroncoStud
11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
It's hard to blame Tebow for the 3rd down and scoring woes when half the time we call a run up the middle on 3rd and 8. I still think our playcall leaves a LOT to be desired. However, he looked MUCH better throwing the football yesterday than he had before that.

Hopefully familiarity with the offense, reps in practice, and his own hard work are helping him improve as a passer. If he does that then he has a real chance to be the QBoTF. Until then, he has some more games to audition himself.

If Denver somehow gets into the playoffs I think it will be very difficult to replace Tim Tebow. But who knows.

MOtorboat
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Let's keep McGahee and draft foundation positions, like Mike linebacker, offensive guard or a three-tech to go next to Broderick Bunkley.

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Let's keep McGahee and draft foundation positions, like Mike linebacker, offensive guard or a three-tech to go next to Broderick Bunkley.

Add in some young DB's and I'm with you. I am OK with Joe Mays, but our DB's are almost as old as me :D

MOtorboat
11-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Add in some young DB's and I'm with you. I am OK with Joe Mays, but our DB's are almost as old as me :D

I still have high hopes for Nate Irving...

Carter and Moore I think are going to be solid and I've been pleasantly surprised by Cassius Vaughn's play as the nickel back. But you're right, a stud corner to go alongside Champ for the remaining few years of his career would help.

Someone posted a mock draft that had us taking Claiborne (sp?) from LSU...I'd take that. I still think we need some beef up front on the offense, especially at guard, or maybe drafting a right tackle and shifting Franklin would work. Also need to look at wide receivers fairly early in the draft too, imo.

claymore
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM

Agree 1000%. And.... Tebow has earned the right to start next year. He has royally effed our draft position, which is a great thing. :beer:

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Agree 1000%. And.... Tebow has earned the right to start next year. He has royally effed our draft position, which is a great thing. :beer:

If I had told you 6 weeks ago we would be above .500 with 5 games left you would have accused me of huffing spray paint. You would have been justified, too :elefant:

Mike
11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
The Broncos are too far away from the top QB prospects so they should go BPA and make the team better overall. I really would like to see what Tebow could do with a full offseason to develop. Bring in a good OC and a good QB coach and I think it will pay off handsomely next year.

claymore
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
The Broncos are too far away from the top QB prospects so they should go BPA and make the team better overall. I really would like to see what Tebow could do with a full offseason to develop. Bring in a good OC and a good QB coach and I think it will pay off handsomely next year.

Im not sold that MccOy is bad. I really didnt like him at the beginning of the year, but how can I complain now?

McCoy/Tebow/WR's/Fox etc... Have all overcame alot to win. Hell Im even happy with Studsville right now.

Personally, I say dont change a thing. A year with zero turnover might be what we needed.

Mike
11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Im not sold that MccOy is bad. I really didnt like him at the beginning of the year, but how can I complain now?

McCoy/Tebow/WR's/Fox etc... Have all overcame alot to win. Hell Im even happy with Studsville right now.

Personally, I say dont change a thing. A year with zero turnover might be what we needed.

McCoy makes a bunch WTF playcalls each game. Now so far these haven't come back and bitten us. But they will eventually. He lacks imagination and creativity and IMO has failed to really tap into Tebow. In a sense, for most of the game it seems like he is pounding a round peg into a square hole.

We are winning so that stands against my argument. But I still think that a better OC would be getting more out of Tebow and feel that sooner or later McCoy's WTF moments will come back and get us.

Shazam!
11-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm sold on Tebow. I'm all in, I'm a believer.

Elway and Co. has to build around Tebow and a priority for the offense in the Draft is bringing in a feature Back, something this team has been missing a long, long time. Moreno is not the answer and McGahee is 30.

This team is not far away from greatness.

catfish
11-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm sold on Tebow. I'm all in, I'm a believer.

Elway and Co. has to build around Tebow and a priority for the offense in the Draft is bringing in a feature Back, something this team has been missing a long, long time. Moreno is not the answer and McGahee is 30.

This team is not far away from greatness.

Trent Richardson is a scary scary man

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 12:47 PM

All of them together are scouring away the lingering memories and bad odor of Josh McDaniels. How can I say anything against them?

Zzepf09
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM

LaMichael James wont be the first running back pick. It will be chris polk or lamar miller in the second round. I honestly hope that fox does pick LaMichael James because Willis still has another year in him. James has the speed that the option lacks but at 185 lbs...lets be serious..hes gotta get to at least 195. However Chris Polk and Miller are complete backs

TXBRONC
12-02-2011, 12:20 PM

I agree keep McGahee but he will also be 31 years old going into next season, so imo running back is just as important.

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
other than depending on if we're able to draft Luck, I'd agree with this. If the team continues to win, our chances of getting Luck will decrease because our 1st round pick will be later. If that is the case, Andrew Luck might already have been selected by another team when it is our turn to pick.

Joel
12-02-2011, 01:45 PM
other than depending on if we're able to draft Luck, I'd agree with this. If the team continues to win, our chances of getting Luck will decrease because our 1st round pick will be later. If that is the case, Andrew Luck might already have been selected by another team when it is our turn to pick.
We're not getting Luck, and unless Tebow completely disintegrates in the last 5 games I don't want him. We've had enough QB controversies to last me a while. Good grief, if we replaced a struggling Tebow with ANY Stanford alumn Elway would have to go into Witness Protection to escape the wrath of the Tebow Nation. Tebow needs to learn to make quicker reads and go through his progressions better, but those things can and, I believe, will be learned. Otherwise I'm quite satisfied with him as a passer.

We have many other real needs (DB, G, WR) and should fill them with what mid-round picks we can get rather than becoming one of those perennial losers who drafts a different flavor of the month QB each year to be its savior. That worked so well for the Raiders that no one took them seriously until they stopped doing it and got McFadden; now they're the favorite to win the Division with a starter who was playing for someone else last year. The only reason to get a QB is to find a backup with talent similar to Tebows so we won't be hopeless when our starter is injured, but you don't spend a first day pick on a backup anything.

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 01:53 PM
We're not getting Luck, and unless Tebow completely disintegrates in the last 5 games I don't want him. We've had enough QB controversies to last me a while. Good grief, if we replaced a struggling Tebow with ANY Stanford alumn Elway would have to go into Witness Protection to escape the wrath of the Tebow Nation. Tebow needs to learn to make quicker reads and go through his progressions better, but those things can and, I believe, will be learned. Otherwise I'm quite satisfied with him as a passer.

We have many other real needs (DB, G, WR) and should fill them with what mid-round picks we can get rather than becoming one of those perennial losers who drafts a different flavor of the month QB each year to be its savior. That worked so well for the Raiders that no one took them seriously until they stopped doing it and got McFadden; now they're the favorite to win the Division with a starter who was playing for someone else last year. The only reason to get a QB is to find a backup with talent similar to Tebows so we won't be hopeless when our starter is injured, but you don't spend a first day pick on a backup anything.

I'm with ya. I have high hopes for Tebow.