PDA

View Full Version : Evening Denver Fans... whats it like to have a winning team? 6-5 bebeh.

Bullgator
11-27-2011, 08:21 PM
I been watching this willpower for 4 years, so its nothing new to me. I EXPECT it. And soon enough so shall you. :beer:

Another win with Tim under center and another win with NO turnovers by TT.. He might league in least turnovers... GJ Tim.

But, it was the Defense that gets the game ball...Not just Von Doom, but everyone.

and the balls on Fox for not going all in with 6 inches to go and trusting his D... wow..

Cant say enough about our kicking game... both punting and kicking.

McGahee is playing at a probowl level. He needs to stop carrying the ball like a loaf of bread though... that will bite him eventually... two hands!!!

Now if McCoy can mix up the play calling maybe we can win games by 2 TDs as apposed to just telling Tim to make plays at the end.

Grats DB fans, Its only the beginning. Broncos will only get better and better...

claymore
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
One thing crossed my mind while watching. They (Denver) sure didnt like Orton, cause they damn sure didnt play for him

wayninja
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll just enjoy the win now and worry about assigning grades later.

sneakers
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Better than 5-6?

broncobryce
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Que haters chiming in with "He still can't pass" in 5.....4.....3....2...

Northman
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Que haters chiming in with "He still can't pass" in 5.....4.....3....2...

Give it a rest Bryce.

LTC Pain
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM
OMG! Bullgator used "team" in a sentence! (...I faint and fall forward smashing forehead on keyboard...where am I?...regains composure and continues celebrating Broncos victory...)

lgenf
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Another win

To quote skip bayless

"he just wins football games"

And he didn't do much special in this game, but a few more catches instead of drops on those balls and we have a complete game

karnage
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I can't stop looking at the standings and seeing a winning record....playoff seeding be damned...Denver has a winning record again!

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Tebow has been great and Denver is now winning.

Denver is now in control of the playoffs, and if Tebow fails to bring them there it will be a huge disappointment and detriment towards Tebow's future.

Great job Tebow and Denver!

Bullgator
11-27-2011, 08:42 PM
OMG! Bullgator used "team" in a sentence! (...I faint and fall forward smashing forehead on keyboard...where am I?...regains composure and continues celebrating Broncos victory...)

I give credit where its due... been using the word team for 5 out of the past 6 weeks now.

MOtorboat
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
This team has had 6 losing seasons in 34 years. We don't need a Gator clown to tell us how it feels to win.

It always feels good.

Act like you've been there before.

claymore
11-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Its going to be nice to draft BPA and not worry about reaching for a QB or defensive lineman.

Not that we dont need either, but we have a coaching staff that seems to get the best out of what we have.

Nuglet_McJunior
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Kicking game!? Sure I liked Prater today, and we had great kick coverage. But our punter needs to get it together. The Charger punter was making him look like rookie material.

Skacorica
11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Kicking game!? Sure I liked Prater today, and we had great kick coverage. But our punter needs to get it together. The Charger punter was making him look like rookie material.

You realize we have the best punter in the league right?

Skacorica
11-27-2011, 09:10 PM
This team has had 6 losing seasons in 34 years. We don't need a Gator clown to tell us how it feels to win.

It always feels good.

It feels like its been a long time :(

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
There is just something about the kid. I wanted him in early last season. I was adamant that he should have had a better shot in camp in what should have been a REAL competition especially after the Dallas PS game. I wished he would have started. I think if Tebow began the season as the starter, this team would probably be 8-3 at the worst (raider week 1 and tennessee being wins).

I look forward to seeing this kid do more and more. I don't care that people call me a tebowist, a teboner, etc...I don't mind the attacks becuase I am a Bronco fan! I always have and always will be! But I am not afraid to say I like the kid and have long before anybody else!

broncobryce
11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Give it a rest Bryce.

I will stop when the hate does.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM

Huh? Colquitt is having a great year and pinned the Chargers deep several times.

BORDERLINE
11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
This team has had 6 losing seasons in 34 years.
It always feels good.

Minus the insult, I agree with your post.

We are a winning franchise, we may have had a really bad season last year but as long as I have been a Broncos fan, WE have won more than we have lost.

But it feels a whole lot better after what we went through last year. The defense has been a driving force for much of the success, without them Teebs would not have a shot to show us his stuff.

camdisco24
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Huh? Colquitt is having a great year and pinned the Chargers deep several times.

I think Nuglet was joking. Or at least I'm going to pretend he was.

MOtorboat
11-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Minus the insult, I agree with your post.

We are a winning franchise, we may have had a really bad season last year but as long as I have been a Broncos fan, WE have won more than we have lost.

But it feels a whole lot better after what we went through last year. The defense has been a driving force for much of the success, without them Teebs would not have a shot to show us his stuff.

When the Gator fans learn to be humble like the man they revere, I'll stop reminding them.

Joel
11-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Its going to be nice to draft BPA and not worry about reaching for a QB or defensive lineman.

Not that we dont need either, but we have a coaching staff that seems to get the best out of what we have.
Not sure we SHOULD draft BPA. That's what teams full of holes should do, and apparently that's not us (I'm as shocked as anyone.) That means we should concentrate on the few obvious and imminent holes we have so we can make a Super Bowl run in a couple years. I would probably say DB, G, WR and RB, but don't ask me the order since I've been awake WAY too long at this point.

Heckuva team game though, yeah. The D may have spoiled me 'cos I actually expected them to play a little better than they did (not that they were bad, but there were a few blown plays that had me on the edge of my seat.) On the other hand, San Diego is a top ten offense according to the announcers (which I guess means their defence is utter garbage, since they're third place in a very weak Division.) Can't say enough good things about Doom and Miller (never saw a bad hit from the latter, and I'm watching now.) Little annoyed that DJ got flagged when Doom removed a guys helmet, but no one's perfect and it didn't look deliberate, just a guy reaching for something to tackle and happening to get a helmet. Harris had to cover Gates a few times, a baptism of fire which he handled fairly well for a rookie.

Tebow hit 50% completions, and would've had a higher percentage than Rivers without a few ill timed drops. He DID have a better rating, by about 20 pts (Rivers only had just over 5 YPA, and dink and dunk couldn't beat our D.) Decker was truly clutch; nearly broke my heart when it looked like they might overturn that catch that left him writhing on the turf in the 4th (and got us to OT.) Thomas even had a nice catch at a critical time. McGahee was a stud against a loaded box that saw him coming every time. We still need to pass more because Tebow is getting protection and seems to be starting to find a rhythm (he seemed a little too quick to tuck it away a few times, but as he has less defenders in his face and hits more receivers for more big gains that'll change.) Not finding all his check downs yet, but that'll come as well; if we don't start throwing more passes at some point though he'll justifiably start feeling the coaches don't trust him, and that's not a confidence builder.

nevcraw
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM

It always feels good.

and you could show a little class..

MOtorboat
11-27-2011, 11:39 PM
and you could show a little class..

Irony at its best.

nevcraw
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Irony at its best.

do indulge..

wayninja
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
This is the internet. There is no need for class.

Bullgator
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM

It always feels good.

That's what I get for congratzing ********. Go **** yourself Mo. No longer will I say Go Broncos... Go Tebow. **** the rest.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
I read the title of the thread - "what's it like to have a winning team", and I am thinking - WHAT - anyone who has followed the Broncos for a good amount of time obviously knows that the Broncos have had many years of winning teams, playoff teams, and superbowl teams.

broncobryce
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
That's what I get for congratzing ********. Go **** yourself Mo. No longer will I say Go Broncos... Go Tebow. **** the rest.

Consider the source. You're talking to the guy who said Denver wouldn't win in November. :lol:

Bullgator
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
I read the title of the thread - "what's it like to have a winning team", and I am thinking - WHAT - anyone who has followed the Broncos for a good amount of time obviously knows that the Broncos have had many years of winning teams, playoff teams, and superbowl teams.

yea not since 2005... You know it was meant to be a nice thing. To congrats the Broncos for getting beck to winning but eh **** it Carol. I'm not going to brown nose.

I Eat Staples
11-27-2011, 11:59 PM

Overreact much?

Dude chill, MO made a valid point considering the way you titled your thread made it seem like we're not a winning franchise. He came off too strong, and I know you didn't mean anything negative about the Broncos. It was just a misunderstanding that escalates due to the tension between Broncos fans and Tebow fans.

So how about we all drink some beer and enjoy a win? :beer:

Superchop 7
11-28-2011, 12:08 AM
The biggest problem I had with playcalling was that San Diego, using Weddle to spy and floating the linebacker backside..... left San Diego vulnerable up the gut.

But, for the most part.....the Broncos were more creative in this game than any other.....alot of new wrinkles.....we should not forget that San Diego has talent....and.....their backs were against the wall.

This was a knock down drag out battle, both teams fought their tails off for 5 quarters.

Proud of the whole team, players and coaches.

Proud of them.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Overreact much?

Dude chill, MO made a valid point considering the way you titled your thread made it seem like we're not a winning franchise. He came off too strong, and I know you didn't mean anything negative about the Broncos. It was just a misunderstanding that escalates due to the tension between Broncos fans and Tebow fans.

So how about we all drink some beer and enjoy a win? :beer:

Everyone knows what a proud and historic the Denver franchise is, even if they haven't been up to their standards since the GOAT.

Mo knows I was being kind. and he decides to throw it back in my face and call me a clown. and like 6 people high fived that. So im not going to sit here and get punked. The truth is I shouldn't have made a gesture at all.

Hes right what the **** do I care. Thats what I get for reaching out. I hope Elway decides to trade TT to Jax where fans know how to take a compliment.

Thanks for trying to damage control Stapes... at least some of you want peace.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Everyone knows what a proud and historic the Denver franchise is, even if they haven't been up to their standards since the GOAT.

Mo knows I was being kind. and he decides to throw it back in my face and call me a clown. and like 6 people high fived that. So im not going to sit here and get punked. The truth is I shouldn't have made a gesture at all.

Hes right what the **** do I care. Thats what I get for reaching out. I hope Elway decides to trade TT to Jax where fans know how to take a compliment.

I have to disagree with your statement about Jaguar fans. I don't believe they exist.

But yeah I'm not usually one to make calls for peace, but I can't be anything but happy after a win like that, against the Chargers no less.

jhildebrand
11-28-2011, 12:18 AM

come on! gator!

If a guy like IES, a notorious Orton backer even when it was the least popular position could take it in stride, so can you. Don't let them get at you.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM

Think you've pretty much exposed yourself here. Good luck with the respect thing.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 12:24 AM

You need a hug? :grouphug:

Not from me, bitch. :vroam:

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
come on! gator!

If a guy like IES, a notorious Orton backer even when it was the least popular position could take it in stride, so can you. Don't let them get at you.

You had to bring that up didn't you. :tsk:

I liked Orton because I thought he was a good game manager, but I jumped off his bandwagon when I saw how poor a fit he was for us this year. I still don't think he's half as bad as some people around here claim, but I was more than ready to move on from him when he was benched.

But yeah, my analysis of him last year was pretty off. :lol:

dunk7
11-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Not often that someone blows their wad on screen for a guy that completed 9 passes, passed for less than 150 yards and has only put up 20+ points in one of his 6 starts. I wonder if the Ravens forums had a ton of Dilfer worship threads during their Superbowl run.

But I digress...I'm happier than a pig in you know what. I'm also totally shocked. I saw some improvement in Tebow's accuracy (not a lot of WTF throws lately). The coaches still don't trust him but I think they'll need to at least try to pass at least on third downs. If you trust the defense so much (based on the boneheaded non gambles), why not trust them if Tebow throws a pick.

broncobryce
11-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Not often that someone blows their wad on screen for a guy that completed 9 passes, passed for less than 150 yards and has only put up 20+ points in one of his 6 starts. I wonder if the Ravens forums had a ton of Dilfer worship threads during their Superbowl run.

But I digress...I'm happier than a pig in you know what. I'm also totally shocked. I saw some improvement in Tebow's accuracy (not a lot of WTF throws lately). The coaches still don't trust him but I think they'll need to at least try to pass at least on third downs. If you trust the defense so much (based on the boneheaded non gambles), why not trust them if Tebow throws a pick.

I don't think anyone is blowing their wad. But this team went from 1-4 to 6-5 so far. It feels like forever since we've been above .500, and had hope. We have a young QB who wins and a defense who smothers. I love it.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2011, 12:48 AM
yea not since 2005... You know it was meant to be a nice thing. To congrats the Broncos for getting beck to winning but eh **** it Carol. I'm not going to brown nose.

Please don't. You've been taking subtle jabs at this organization the entire time and people on here who aren't stupid can see that. How many more times are you going to continue to throw Elway under the bus when all he's doing is his job, and the minute Fox, the defense, the WR's, McCoy, or the oline "let your precious Tebow down", so to speak, you're going to throw them under the bus as well.

Unfortunately for us the Florida Gators have slipped back into the depths of mediocrity and the flooding of bandwagon Florida fans following their glory years won't stop coming through that door.

dunk7
11-28-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't think anyone is blowing their wad. But this team went from 1-4 to 6-5 so far. It feels like forever since we've been above .500, and had hope. We have a young QB who wins and a defense who smothers. I love it.

I think you haven't read enough Bullgator threads :laugh

bcbronc
11-28-2011, 01:04 AM
You realize we have the best punter in the league right?

we're easily the best punting division in the league!!

lol, we were 6-5 the season before last. :listen:

camdisco24
11-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Bull, I know what you're trying to say, its just the way you say it.

I think if you can stop acting like you have something to prove all the time, we will be much more accepting of your posts. JMO, but I think it will work wonders for you.

We all see Tebow is re-energizing this team, and we LOVE it.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Bull, I know what you're trying to say, its just the way you say it.

I think if you can stop acting like you have something to prove all the time, we will be much more accepting of your posts. JMO, but I think it will work wonders for you.

We all see Tebow is re-energizing this team, and we LOVE it.

IDK Cam... I had nothing to prove in this thread.. was just celebrating an improbable 6-5 record after starting so bad... everyone here has been down after the last couple of years and thought it would be nice to give some props for the turn around.

You guys make my posts more than they are... you put words in my mouth and attack me no matter what I post..

I was fair and objective, didnt gush about Tebow, gave the defense most of the credit... I even threw the kicking game a bone... after all it was a team win.

I was being positive about a team win and was bashed for it... lol what else could a person do?

No man its not me... Its Mo, and about 30 people here who resent the fact that I was right... They cant eat crow and just let bygones be bygones. Its not like I gloated...

I dont owe anyone here anything, and I damn sure dont have to be a Bronco fan. People around here act like its an elitist club I'm trying to get into... a club that they are denying me entry. :lol:

I was just being civil. And Tned once said to me "its not what you say but how you say it that gets people up in arms..." well I just played nice Tned... and there you have it.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Think you've pretty much exposed yourself here. Good luck with the respect thing.

Nothing to expose dood. Ive said it before, Dooshbags around here wont let me be a Bronco fan so all Im left with is being a Tebow fan.. so be it... I get all the joy I need watching him succeed.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 02:14 AM
IDK Cam... I had nothing to prove in this thread.. was just celebrating an improbable 6-5 record after starting so bad... everyone here has been down after the last couple of years and thought it would be nice to give some props for the turn around.

You guys make my posts more than they are... you put words in my mouth and attack me no matter what I post..

I was fair and objective, didnt gush about Tebow, gave the defense most of the credit... I even threw the kicking game a bone... after all it was a team win.

I was being positive about a team win and was bashed for it... lol what else could a person do?

No man its not me... Its Mo, and about 30 people here who resent the fact that I was right... They cant eat crow and just let bygones be bygones. Its not like I gloated...

I dont owe anyone here anything, and I damn sure dont have to be a Bronco fan. People around here act like its an elitist club I'm trying to get into... a club that they are denying me entry. :lol:

I was just being civil. And Tned once said to me "its not what you say but how you say it that gets people up in arms..." well I just played nice Tned... and there you have it.

Your more or less getting bashed for your constant, over the top comments about Tebow. MJ.......need I say more? People are lumping everyting you say into that kind of contex. Your also a second rate citzen, or more like an illegal alien, to us elite Bronco fans. What you say doesnt reflect our beloved franchise, therefore we could really care less.

FWIW, I like going toe 2 toe with you (even though I could get more thoughtful responses from a chimp).

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Your more or less getting bashed for your constant, over the top comments about Tebow. MJ.......need I say more? People are lumping everyting you say into that kind of contex. Your also a second rate citzen, or more like an illegal alien, to us elite Bronco fans. What you say doesnt reflect our beloved franchise, therefore we could really care less.

FWIW, I like going toe 2 toe with you (even though I could get more thoughtful responses from a chimp).

:laugh: You just proved everything I just posted Norcal. Did you just say I sell oranges under the bronco forums freeway? Thats ****** up.

MJ who?

wayninja
11-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Nothing to expose dood. Ive said it before, Dooshbags around here wont let me be a Bronco fan so all Im left with is being a Tebow fan.. so be it... I get all the joy I need watching him succeed.

The problem is; They don't get to decide if you are a Broncos fan or not. Only you control that. Unfortunately, you've decided to prove them right.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 02:38 AM
:laugh: You just proved everything I just posted Norcal. Did you just say I sell oranges under the bronco forums freeway? Thats ****** up.

MJ who?

Yes, your the tan skinned gentleman with a sign that says "My Oranges will changed fruits forever!!! 10 cents " while jumping up and down under the freeway. Thats who you are, homes.

Dont tell me, that in all the bable you spew, you forgot about your Micheal Jordan comment. Something like Tebow will be the Tiger Woods of the NFL. :lol:

Cant say I dont WANT to disagree, its just your oranges are so highly touted that they cant possibly live up to expectations, even if they're cheap.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:44 AM
The problem is; They don't get to decide if you are a Broncos fan or not. Only you control that. Unfortunately, you've decided to prove them right.

The fan base can affect the level of loyalty one would have for a franchise.... Not doing much here to win over newcomers...

But hey, you guys don't need us and we damn sure don't need you so... who cares? So what, they are right about me... I'm not a die hard DB fan after all. Is that any skin off your back? Or mine?

That doesn't mean I sexually molest baby seals ffs.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 02:47 AM

Look, I never correct grammar on here simply because this is a football forum, and grammar isn't relevant to football.

But if you're going to insult someone's intelligence, please try to sound intelligent yourself while doing so.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 02:49 AM

Does that imply it's possible to molest something in a non-sexual manner?

I've never thought about that, nor do I want to.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Yes, your the tan skinned gentleman with a sign that says "My Oranges will changed fruits forever!!! 10 cents " while jumping up and down under the freeway. Thats who you are, homes.

Dont tell me, that in all the bable you spew, you forgot about your Micheal Jordan comment. Something like Tebow will be the Tiger Woods of the NFL. :lol:

Cant say I dont WANT to disagree, its just your oranges are so highly touted that they cant possibly live up to expectations, even if they're cheap.

So far my boy has lived up to the hype. IF he can improve his passing game, then he will be unstoppable and will be the biggest world wide athlete ever in the history of sports including Tiger and MJ.

Thats a big effing IF.

He has had a great start, even if its not statistically.

I'm not wrong yet Nor.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 02:50 AM
The fan base can affect the level of loyalty one would have for a franchise.... Not doing much here to win over newcomers...

No. Wrong. Bad. You've got it ALL wrong. If that were true, the Broncos faithful would long have abandoned them based on all the new "Tebow-Broncos" fans. The short of it is, we don't need to win over newcomers. They need to win us over.

But hey, you guys don't need us and we damn sure don't need you so... who cares? So what, they are right about me... I'm not a die hard DB fan after all. Is that any skin off your back? Or mine?

No, it's no skin off my back. You aren't a Broncos fan, by your own admission. I stand by my "good luck with the respect thing".

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Does that imply it's possible to molest something in a non-sexual manner?

I've never thought about that, nor do I want to.

I guess it is possible to club baby seals... sexually... although it would be more of a spanking.

If you ever hear someone say "I'll spank you like a baby seal!" that's a red flag.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 02:54 AM
So far my boy has lived up to the hype. IF he can improve his passing game, then he will be unstoppable and will be the biggest world wide athlete ever in the history of sports including Tiger and MJ.

Thats a big effing IF.

I'm not wrong yet Nor.

I used to ridicule you for predictions like this, but you and the rest of the Tebow fans are perfectly bearable while we're on a winning streak. :lol:

I still think you're exaggerating quite a bit, but as long as Timmy keeps leading us to wins I don't give a damn.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:57 AM
No. Wrong. Bad. You've got it ALL wrong. If that were true, the Broncos faithful would long have abandoned them based on all the new "Tebow-Broncos" fans. The short of it is, we don't need to win over newcomers. They need to win us over.

No, it's no skin off my back. You aren't a Broncos fan, by your own admission. I stand by my "good luck with the respect thing".

Why do I have to win you over? Does this mean I have to cowtow? does this mean I have to be a bitch and get hazed? Well no thanks man.

Why can't we just get along knowing I'm not a die hard DB fan from the days of yore?

Isn't it enough I scream my lungs out all the same with every snap? Is it not enough that I post here and sometimes have some interesting things to say?

How the hell could you respect me if I rolled over and kissed your asses?

No sir.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:57 AM
I used to ridicule you for predictions like this, but you and the rest of the Tebow fans are perfectly bearable while we're on a winning streak. :lol:

I still think you're exaggerating quite a bit, but as long as Timmy keeps leading us to wins I don't give a damn.

:D Its more to get Nor riled up. :elefant:

wayninja
11-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Why do I have to win you over? Does this mean I have to cowtow? does this mean I have to be a bitch and get hazed? Well no thanks man.

No, it means you suffer and rejoice with the Broncos and not with any single player. It's that simple.

Why can't we just get along knowing I'm not a die hard DB fan from the days of yore?

We can get along just fine, just don't try to claim camaraderie or pretend you are one of us. Because you aren't.

Isn't it enough I scream my lungs out all the same with every snap? Is it not enough that I post here and sometimes have some interesting things to say?

No. It's not the same. Because of the above.

How the hell could you respect me if I rolled over and kissed your asses?

No one is asking you to do that. You are being stubborn. You know what it is to be a fan of a team rather than an individual, you are simple trying to evade it.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 03:55 AM
No, it means you suffer and rejoice with the Broncos and not with any single player. It's that simple.

We can get along just fine, just don't try to claim camaraderie or pretend you are one of us. Because you aren't.

No. It's not the same. Because of the above.

No one is asking you to do that. You are being stubborn. You know what it is to be a fan of a team rather than an individual, you are simple trying to evade it.

How am I evading anything? By saying it was a quality TEAM win? Does that mean I'm pretending to be one of you?? Can't I just be calling it as I see it?

You are "Way" off base dude. I don't see anything in my posts that suggest I'm pretending anything. I just gave a shout out gratz and got reamed for it..

Why would I want to be "one of you" anyway? Do you even know what you are making the fanbase look like right now? like a weirdo ******* cult man.

Your claims are baseless. And therefore there is really nothing to debate with you way. You saying that I'm stubborn shows me that you are trying to change something in me that I am resisting..... or else what is there to be stubborn about?

I am who I am. It is what it is.

For the record I am a fan of this team. Watching them the past 2 years has endeared me to most of the players. But I ain't gonna be scolded into being in some weird creepy cult with a pecking order.

It is good to know that despite the fact that I won't be apart of your personal weird homoerotic club we can still get along. :beer:

wayninja
11-28-2011, 04:12 AM
How am I evading anything? By saying it was a quality TEAM win? Does that mean I'm pretending to be one of you?? Can't I just be calling it as I see it?

You are "Way" off base dude. I don't see anything in my posts that suggest I'm pretending anything. I just gave a shout out gratz and got reamed for it..

Why would I want to be "one of you" anyway? Do you even know what you are making the fanbase look like right now? like a weirdo ******* cult man.

Your claims are baseless. And therefore there is really nothing to debate with you way. You saying that I'm stubborn shows me that you are trying to change something in me that I am resisting..... or else what is there to be stubborn about?

For the record I am a fan of this team. Watching them the past 2 years has endeared me to most of the players. But I ain't gonna be scolded into being in some weird creepy cult with a pecking order.

It is good to know that despite the fact that I won't be apart of your personal weird homoerotic club we can still get along. :beer:

No longer will I say Go Broncos... Go Tebow. **** the rest.

Yawn, ok, thanks Tebow fan.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 04:16 AM
Yawn, ok, thanks Tebow fan.

Lol correct me if I'm wrong but that was the opposite of pretending. Seems pretty str8 forward to me.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
OMG, are we at this again? You are not the best Bronco fan, the first Bronco fan, longest Bronco fan, therefore, you are not a Bronco Fan. WTF...

The teacher will be over here in minute to put you in the corner for time out.

TXBRONC
11-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Not sure we SHOULD draft BPA. That's what teams full of holes should do, and apparently that's not us (I'm as shocked as anyone.) That means we should concentrate on the few obvious and imminent holes we have so we can make a Super Bowl run in a couple years. I would probably say DB, G, WR and RB, but don't ask me the order since I've been awake WAY too long at this point.

Heckuva team game though, yeah. The D may have spoiled me 'cos I actually expected them to play a little better than they did (not that they were bad, but there were a few blown plays that had me on the edge of my seat.) On the other hand, San Diego is a top ten offense according to the announcers (which I guess means their defence is utter garbage, since they're third place in a very weak Division.) Can't say enough good things about Doom and Miller (never saw a bad hit from the latter, and I'm watching now.) Little annoyed that DJ got flagged when Doom removed a guys helmet, but no one's perfect and it didn't look deliberate, just a guy reaching for something to tackle and happening to get a helmet. Harris had to cover Gates a few times, a baptism of fire which he handled fairly well for a rookie.

Tebow hit 50% completions, and would've had a higher percentage than Rivers without a few ill timed drops. He DID have a better rating, by about 20 pts (Rivers only had just over 5 YPA, and dink and dunk couldn't beat our D.) Decker was truly clutch; nearly broke my heart when it looked like they might overturn that catch that left him writhing on the turf in the 4th (and got us to OT.) Thomas even had a nice catch at a critical time. McGahee was a stud against a loaded box that saw him coming every time. We still need to pass more because Tebow is getting protection and seems to be starting to find a rhythm (he seemed a little too quick to tuck it away a few times, but as he has less defenders in his face and hits more receivers for more big gains that'll change.) Not finding all his check downs yet, but that'll come as well; if we don't start throwing more passes at some point though he'll justifiably start feeling the coaches don't trust him, and that's not a confidence builder.

From what I understand EFX is going to take the approach of taking the best player available year in and year out. IIRC both Fox and Elway have said that they would rather take the best player on the board than reach for a position of need.

Jsteve01
11-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Here's the thing BG. I really think you've grown to like the adversarial role. I wasn't offended by your original post, but at the same time I think many of us wonder why you don't just go start a Tebow fan board. That's obviously where your interests lie. So why not find more people like yourself who are bigger fans of tebow than the team he plays for?

MileHighCrew
11-28-2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.topix.com/forum/football-players/tim-tebow

it is here. 5 second search and boom a Tim Tebow message board.

Jsteve01
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
From what I understand EFX is going to take the approach of taking the best player available year in and year out. IIRC both Fox and Elway have said that they would rather take the best player on the board than reach for a position of need.

The Steelers and Packers seem to always go BPA...works ok for them.

MOtorboat
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
The Steelers and Packers seem to always go BPA...works ok for them.

They have a foundation in place that's been there for a long time.

Dzone
11-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Elway on 102.3 right now. So far he hasnt said anything stupid. Elway is showing improvement as a VP

dunk7
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Elway on 102.3 right now. So far he hasnt said anything stupid. Elway is showing improvement as a VP

What did he say that was stupid previously?

catfish
11-28-2011, 10:54 AM

for the love of God lets not dredge this up again...if you are curious there is a 400+ post thread elsewhere, lets not let that bygone negative bullshit creep to other threads

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
for the love of God lets not dredge this up again...if you are curious there is a 400+ post thread elsewhere, lets not let that bygone negative bullshit creep to other threads

Agreed. Dig a hole. Make it deep. Throw this bogus controversy in there and bury it forever. Throw in Skip Bayless if it will help. Pave over the hole.

We beat the damned Chargers and have a winning record!

Slick
11-28-2011, 11:31 AM
OMG, are we at this again? You are not the best Bronco fan, the first Bronco fan, longest Bronco fan, therefore, you are not a Bronco Fan. WTF...

Not all of us are like this. Some of you guys need to lighten up.

catfish
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Not all of us are like this. Some of you guys need to lighten up.

yeah, plus everyone knows I am the best Denver fan of all time due to my wit, charm and ability to self promote so why argue over it ;)

Nomad
11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
yeah, plus everyone knows I am the best Denver fan of all time due to my wit, charm and ability to self promote so why argue over it ;)

Do you get a lollipop for being the best BRONCO fan?:D

Schnauzers
11-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Phew!!! I think I'll come back later.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Thats a big effing IF.

I'm not wrong yet Nor.

Im not giving you any credit until Tebow starts throwing the ball for TDs between his legs and the Broncos start winning by forty - fifty points a game.

:D Its more to get Nor riled up. :elefant:

Its only for my amusement.

Singed,
The elite Bronco fan.

catfish
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Do you get a lollipop for being the best BRONCO fan?:D

it just means my opinion counts more so anything I say should basically be accepted as fact:rolleyes:

camdisco24
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I dont like this thread.
And not because of the original post....

BORDERLINE
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
It will be hard to have peace between the Tebownites and the Long time Broncos fans.

I believe the long time fans feel disrespected by the fact that all the Gator first fans claim allegiance to Tebow before the Broncos and that will never fly around here. So the long time fans will oppose or not neccessarily accept certain comments even if they might be true just because there is so much vitriol against the tebownites. Granted some of it is deserved.

The tebownites at this moment are smiling ear to ear because they where telling us form the beginning that Tebow would just WIN. And he has. The problem is that when there is any form of adversity and Tebow does not deliver (DET game) they quickly find a scapegoat and blame someone else for the mistakes.

A medium cannot be reached because the long time fans just do not accept the tebownites as real Broncos fans. And the superflous love of tebow that the tebownites provide this forum with do not give nearly half of the credit to the team as they do with Tebow. AND THIS WILL NEVER FLY HERE

My personal stance on this is.....We can all get along. In my heart of hearts I know i'm a Broncos fan to the CORE and will relish any victory where Tebow takes the game or when the ST wins or when the defense wins it. I don't care as long as WE win. The more fans that cheer for the Broncos or even for a single player the better. If I don't like the way you put fort your comments then I won't read it Plain and simple. If you are not fond of the Tebownites, Ignore them.

But nobody wins when we start name calling each other and oppose each other even during a winning streak. Enjoy this 6-5 record. Discussions and Debates on this forums are great. We might not come to an agreement but we get our points across.

Dzone
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Nothing. He did say he needs to do a better job communicating and expressed a bit of regret over his previous comments being misunderstood as negative.
But nothing was said that will be quoted in the naitonal media like he did last monday.

Fullback32
11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Craziest damn pro football I've ever watched, but they are winning. I went to the Detroit game and if you had told me then the Broncos would be 6-5 and actually in the playoff hunt, I would have laughed loudly. Winning like this is weird I tell ya!

GEM
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes it feels great! I absolutely love watching Von Doom punishing opposing QB's. I eat up watching Bunkley lighting it up. I love watching Dawkins refreshed because the front 7 can now do their jobs and assignments.

Ohhhhh...you wanted to know about how your boy fits in there. He's been pretty good too. His passing looks like it is improving week to week. The offensive line is finally opening some holes. McGahee is running like a man on fire. And our punter is a freaking madman.

Overall....same as always....I ******* love this TEAM!!!

pnbronco
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes it feels great! I absolutely love watching Von Doom punishing opposing QB's. I eat up watching Bunkley lighting it up. I love watching Dawkins refreshed because the front 7 can now do their jobs and assignments.

Ohhhhh...you wanted to know about how your boy fits in there. He's been pretty good too. His passing looks like it is improving week to week. The offensive line is finally opening some holes. McGahee is running like a man on fire. And our punter is a freaking madman.

I'm with you Gem. Seeing the D be the team I have loved for so many years has just brought energy back. Seeing Doom get back to close to where he was a couple of years ago puts a smile on my face that I can't stop. Oh and when Dawkins put the "oh crap" fear to Rivers that was a bonus I will take all day long. I think he got into Rivers head and how long have we waited for that! Of course Von is something really special in so many different ways.

Both kickers are tearing it up and who count not love that. Plus seeing Eddie get that run back that started the whole scoring thing was something that I've waited a long time to see again.

How could anyone not love seeing MeGahee tear it up, esp when it counted the most. Which brings me to my love for the big boys. How many times did we say it all starts in the trenches and have they ever proved that this season. Both O and D have done things I didn't think were possible after the Detroit game.

Tim has improved since the last game I was around to see. I hope that he can continue to improve and will work with NFL personal this next off season and learn to play a better NFL style. His work ethics and energy may have started the wins, but the execution of the entire team is what has gotten the Broncos to where they are today.

It would be wrong to not thank the Coaching staff for finding a way to take what we had and make it work the best that they could. It's the strangest year I've ever seen, but dang it feels good to be happy on Monday and of course I love this team....that has never changed and never will.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM

C'mon. You know that's not what I was saying. This isn't a case of 'who got the largest bronco stick' it's a case of someone flat out saying they are rooting for Tebow only and "**** the rest"

GEM
11-28-2011, 02:01 PM
C'mon. You know that's not what I was saying. This isn't a case of 'who got the largest bronco stick' it's a case of someone flat out saying they are rooting for Tebow only and "**** the rest"

I don't have no stinking sticker....but I'm still the biggest Bronco fan on these damn boards!! You and your ninja skills got nothing on me!!

:laugh:

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
We beat the damned Chargers and have a winning record!

This. :salute:

Jsteve01
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
They have a foundation in place that's been there for a long time.

Remember Jarvis Moss? How's about the trade for Julio Jones this year. Ashley Lelie?

I'll take BPA and do that always. Obviously you narrow it to the scope of real team needs.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
It will be hard to have peace between the Tebownites and the Long time Broncos fans.

I believe the long time fans feel disrespected by the fact that all the Gator first fans claim allegiance to Tebow before the Broncos and that will never fly around here. So the long time fans will oppose or not neccessarily accept certain comments even if they might be true just because there is so much vitriol against the tebownites. Granted some of it is deserved.

The tebownites at this moment are smiling ear to ear because they where telling us form the beginning that Tebow would just WIN. And he has. The problem is that when there is any form of adversity and Tebow does not deliver (DET game) they quickly find a scapegoat and blame someone else for the mistakes.

A medium cannot be reached because the long time fans just do not accept the tebownites as real Broncos fans. And the superflous love of tebow that the tebownites provide this forum with do not give nearly half of the credit to the team as they do with Tebow. AND THIS WILL NEVER FLY HERE

My personal stance on this is.....We can all get along. In my heart of hearts I know i'm a Broncos fan to the CORE and will relish any victory where Tebow takes the game or when the ST wins or when the defense wins it. I don't care as long as WE win. The more fans that cheer for the Broncos or even for a single player the better. If I don't like the way you put fort your comments then I won't read it Plain and simple. If you are not fond of the Tebownites, Ignore them.

But nobody wins when we start name calling each other and oppose each other even during a winning streak. Enjoy this 6-5 record. Discussions and Debates on this forums are great. We might not come to an agreement but we get our points across.

You realize that I gave most of the credit to the team? As it always happens I come in with a fair post and Mo blasts me for it. Border I invite you to read the OP again and you will see that I do not favor TT over the team.

I'm sick of this shit too. I'm trying ti just be part of the board without any controversy but the lunatic fringe on this board wont let it lie.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM

^^^This. Thank you for not calling me a clown and telling to get lost GEM. Glad you took my OP as a positive. ;)

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm sick of this shit too. I'm trying ti just be part of the board without any controversy but the lunatic fringe on this board wont let it lie.

Sure you are, that's why you're starting threads taking jabs at the GM, John Elway, winner of 2 SuperBowls for the Denver Broncos in his QB playing days, and arguably one of the G.O.A.T.

broncobryce
11-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah when there is adversity, tebow folds. Lmfao. Have you been watching the games?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
^^^This. Thank you for not calling me a clown and telling to get lost GEM. Glad you took my OP as a positive. ;)

I only call Raiders fans clowns. :lol:

Charger fans are idiots.

Chiefs fans are queefs.

Tebow fans are Teboners. And they don't need to get lost.....until they berate Elway and then they can suck a log. :laugh: My answer to them is....just how you feel about Tebow is how we feel about Elway. If you weren't on the wagon during his time, just wouldn't understand.
It incenses you when people close eyed talk dirt on Tebow, it incenses us when you talk dirt on Elway.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Tebow has been great and Denver is now winning.

Denver is now in control of the playoffs, and if Tebow fails to bring them there it will be a huge disappointment and detriment towards Tebow's future.

Great job Tebow and Denver!

If we barely miss playoffs who cares, everyone thought it was a pipe dream to even be mentioned in the playoff talks. But having a WC chance or even division.....Oak plays GB and i think we will beat Minn and be tied in the division.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM

The way the team is playing and TT's progress, he could legitimately be our future QB. Then WTF does it matter who is a Tebow/Bronco fan, we will all be on the same bandwagon. I am a long time bronco fan who was shocked with TT draft but a part of me was glad cause I liked him in college. He is the kind of player that is easy to follow a career. I am a CAL fan I still follow Rodgers and others. I follow many college BB players into the NBA and follow their careers.

BORDERLINE
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM
The way the team is playing and TT's progress, he could legitimately be our future QB. Then WTF does it matter who is a Tebow/Bronco fan, we will all be on the same bandwagon. I am a long time bronco fan who was shocked with TT draft but a part of me was glad cause I liked him in college. He is the kind of player that is easy to follow a career. I am a CAL fan I still follow Rodgers and others. I follow many college BB players into the NBA and follow their careers.

I have no problems with the Tebownites, I was even on their side a couple of times.

I'm split right down the middle. I love the BRONCOS first and foremost and LOVE the passion and heart Tebow brings to the team and we are better for it.

I'm not the biggest poster on here but it doesn't take a long time member to see that there is a split around this forum. Even tough we are winning, we are 6-5 people are still going at it over Tebow instead of talking about the win and our amazing :defense:.

BORDERLINE
11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
You realize that I gave most of the credit to the team? As it always happens I come in with a fair post and Mo blasts me for it. Border I invite you to read the OP again and you will see that I do not favor TT over the team.

yeah i noticed that you did but your title could rub some the wrong way. I know Tebow has his national championships and that's great for him and his fans and the university of florida as well.

But this team won BACK 2 BACK Super Bowls a very hard thing to do in the NFL. So we also know what it is like to WIN. We can always be expected to challenge for a division title except last year. I never seen the broncos pick so early in the draft so that was new but also since I have been a fan of the Broncos they never have had consecutive losing seasons. And never had the season we had last year so I would have been hard pressed to believe that would have continued.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
I have no problems with the Tebownites, I was even on their side a couple of times.

I'm split right down the middle. I love the BRONCOS first and foremost and LOVE the passion and heart Tebow brings to the team and we are better for it.

I'm not the biggest poster on here but it doesn't take a long time member to see that there is a split around this forum. Even tough we are winning, we are 6-5 people are still going at it over Tebow instead of talking about the win and our amazing :defense:.

It pisses me off when people bash him in the middle of a freaking game. It is fine to be frustrated with a play or something, but they give up cheering for the team to bash him. They just give up on him or something. Some of them are the ones who talk about "real bronco fans". Thing is that the "new bronco" fans are just as excited to watch games if not more then us. They may pass blame around differently like McCoy or Fox and less at TT. But none the less they are cheering for the team DURING THE GAME. That is the single thing that keeps me off this forum in the middle of the game unless it is not on TV.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Sure you are, that's why you're starting threads taking jabs at the GM, John Elway, winner of 2 SuperBowls for the Denver Broncos in his QB playing days, and arguably one of the G.O.A.T.

I think you are being green here silk. Elway is no longer your untouchable deity, SB QB he is now the DB GM and MUST be held accountable for his mistakes.

He will remain fair game until he is retired again... and then he can be your legend... for now you must separate the HoF legend from your FO executive... he must be held accountable.

I took no personal jabs... just stated that as a GM, it is a DUMB move to undercut your current winning streak, playoff chase and young QB and throw him to the media wolves, knowing what you know. You MUST be more careful about what you say and when you say it DESPITE IF YOU THINK TT SUCKS. VALID POINTS.

Bullgator
11-28-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah i noticed that you did but your title could rub some the wrong way. I know Tebow has his national championships and that's great for him and his fans and the university of florida as well.

But this team won BACK 2 BACK Super Bowls a very hard thing to do in the NFL. So we also know what it is like to WIN. We can always be expected to challenge for a division title except last year. I never seen the broncos pick so early in the draft so that was new but also since I have been a fan of the Broncos they never have had consecutive losing seasons. And never had the season we had last year so I would have been hard pressed to believe that would have continued.

so the title should have read "whats it like to win AGAIN..." of ffs

Nomad
11-28-2011, 06:16 PM
That is the single thing that keeps me off this forum in the middle of the game unless it is not on TV.

Cincy@Pittsburgh this Sunday. BRONCOS won't be televised here.

GEM
11-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I think you are being green here silk. Elway is no longer your untouchable deity, SB QB he is now the DB GM and MUST be held accountable for his mistakes.

He will remain fair game until he is retired again... and then he can be your legend... for now you must separate the HoF legend from your FO executive... he must be held accountable.

I took no personal jabs... just stated that as a GM, it is a DUMB move to undercut your current winning streak, playoff chase and young QB and throw him to the media wolves, knowing what you know. You MUST be more careful about what you say and when you say it DESPITE IF YOU THINK TT SUCKS. VALID POINTS.

Just like we could say it's dumb that a QB can't muster a 50% completion ratio.

See how that works?

He didn't say TT sucks. He's never said TT sucks. That's complete bullshit.

He stated that he's not 100% positive that TT is the future. He followed up to say that he would have said the same thing about the other 52 guys on the team had the media asked about those 52 other guys. In the middle of a season, you don't do evaluations.

If you want to be mad at someone for stupidity, write into these media outlets. They make anything Tebow related a joke. They ask questions for the purpose of digging dirt that was never dirt. And then Tebow fans take the never dirt and make it into a mudslide.

If you want to read into answers, that's your business. But you shouldn't be upset with a GM stating an opinion when what you're reading into it isn't what was said.

Having Elway as a GM to someone who is new to the organization, it's easy to say he is this and he is that and his past don't count. But for us....it's not that easy. We don't differentiate the 2 Elways. He's the same Elway and to us, he is pretty influential and he cares for this team more than any ordinary GM. He really does bleed orange and blue, like us.

So, I apologize if you want to wipe away and clear what he's done in the past, but I'll ask you to do the same then. Quit holding onto the college past of Tebow. Quit hanging onto what he accomplished then, because this is now. This is the NFL, this is different. What Tebow did then doesn't count.

Just because I say it as a person who wasn't a fan of Tebow during that time, doesn't make it true, does it?

catfish
11-28-2011, 06:50 PM

See how that works?

He stated that he's not 100% positive that TT is the future. He followed up to say that he would have said the same thing about the other 52 guys on the team had the media asked about those 52 other guys. In the middle of a season, you don't do evaluations.

If you want to be mad at someone for stupidity, write into these media outlets. They make anything Tebow related a joke. They ask questions for the purpose of digging dirt that was never dirt. And then Tebow fans take the never dirt and make it into a mudslide.

If you want to read into answers, that's your business. But you shouldn't be upset with a GM stating an opinion when what you're reading into it isn't what was said.

Having Elway as a GM to someone who is new to the organization, it's easy to say he is this and he is that and his past don't count. But for us....it's not that easy. We don't differentiate the 2 Elways. He's the same Elway and to us, he is pretty influential and he cares for this team more than any ordinary GM. He really does bleed orange and blue, like us.

So, I apologize if you want to wipe away and clear what he's done in the past, but I'll ask you to do the same then. Quit holding onto the college past of Tebow. Quit hanging onto what he accomplished then, because this is now. This is the NFL, this is different. What Tebow did then doesn't count.

Just because I say it as a person who wasn't a fan of Tebow during that time, doesn't make it true, does it?

I understand what you are saying, but I think all that Bull is trying to do is warn you how dangerous it is to have a living legend in a position of power in the organization. So far Elway has been doing very well and no one is saying that he won't continue to do so, however while his legacy should buy him some leeway it definitely should not give him a free pass.

Like I said so far he is doing great, but if it gets to a point where he is not I sincerely hope the fanbase can differentiate between Elway the player and Elway the VP because if they can't it has potential to cripple the organization for years. Tebow did great things for UF, but I guarantee he wouldn't get a pass if he was the athletic director and we started to lose.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM

That's completely fair. I have no problem with you or anyone else criticizing Elway as an executive, as long as he actually deserves the criticism.

This is where I disagree with you. The criticisms of Elway for his comments have been completely ridiculous. He didn't say anything wrong, he simply said he wasn't any closer to deciding if Tebow can be the franchise QB. What's wrong with that? Why should Elway be sure of that now? He has plenty of time to make that decision.

I have no idea why you or the media chooses to interpret that as "Elway thinks TT sucks." Elway is personally working with Tebow on his passing, he WANTS him to be the franchise QB. Why wouldn't he? At the very least it saves him a high draft pick. Elway is just going to objectively evaluate Tebow and decide what direction to take that's best for the Broncos. He's doing his job, and I admire his honesty.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 06:54 PM

See how that works?

You cant look at him as the same though. Because he does bleed blue and orange. But he is doing this as a business man and not playing. He has to do thing different. He admitted that the way he said it was wrong, which he did, you cant be blunt about a guy on your team and and not evaluate on what you mean because people will take it wrong like many did.

Elway is not a HOF Exec, he is a HOF QB, he is learning how to be an Exec right now. He has no experience evaluating players and is learning from the guys around him. He is the only Exec that you see on TV too, most stay out of the spotlight. He could end up being a horrid exec but that wont take away from the HOF QB he is.

catfish
11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
You cant look at him as the same though. Because he does bleed blue and orange. But he is doing this as a business man and not playing. He has to do thing different. He admitted that the way he said it was wrong, which he did, you cant be blunt about a guy on your team and and not evaluate on what you mean because people will take it wrong like many did.

Elway is not a HOF Exec, he is a HOF QB, he is learning how to be an Exec right now. He has no experience evaluating players and is learning from the guys around him. He is the only Exec that you see on TV too, most stay out of the spotlight. He could end up being a horrid exec but that wont take away from the HOF QB he is.

also if we can contain this line of conversation to the original thread that would be great...this line of conversation is dominating like 4 threads now. I would much rather avoid 1 thread

GEM
11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I think all that Bull is trying to do is warn you how dangerous it is to have a living legend in a position of power in the organization. So far Elway has been doing very well and no one is saying that he won't continue to do so, however while his legacy should buy him some leeway it definitely should not give him a free pass.

Like I said so far he is doing great, but if it gets to a point where he is not I sincerely hope the fanbase can differentiate between Elway the player and Elway the VP because if they can't it has potential to cripple the organization for years. Tebow did great things for UF, but I guarantee he wouldn't get a pass if he was the athletic director and we started to lose.

He will be held even harder to expectations because he is Elway. The sword works both ways. We will give him the slide if it's minor, we will have his head if it's major.

He pulls a Josh McDaniels, the fans will let him know, don't worry about that. :lol:

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 07:01 PM
That's completely fair. I have no problem with you or anyone else criticizing Elway as an executive, as long as he actually deserves the criticism.

This is where I disagree with you. The criticisms of Elway for his comments have been completely ridiculous. He didn't say anything wrong, he simply said he wasn't any closer to deciding if Tebow can be the franchise QB. What's wrong with that? Why should Elway be sure of that now? He has plenty of time to make that decision.

I have no idea why you or the media chooses to interpret that as "Elway thinks TT sucks." Elway is personally working with Tebow on his passing, he WANTS him to be the franchise QB. Why wouldn't he? At the very least it saves him a high draft pick. Elway is just going to objectively evaluate Tebow and decide what direction to take that's best for the Broncos. He's doing his job, and I admire his honesty.

That is the problem, Elway should have known that what ever he says people will speculate on and dissect. He has to dance around direst questions like 99% of famous people do. You cant give direct answers with nothing to elaborate it further.

"is TT the franchise QB of the future?"
Elway-"No'

Bad answer, period.
Better answer
"We are still evaluating Timmy, as well as the rest of the team"

Elway should have just said that he really ment. Which no position is set for future and they will continue to evaluate. And of course he is needs to see QB improvement because winning by 3 will not work against SB contenders like GB.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 07:02 PM

I don't see anyone using his HOF status as a shield against his decisions. If anything, I've seen personal attacks on Elway the QB to justify attacks on Elway the VP/GM.

Elway simply hasn't needed a pass, and yet the attacks to that end are definitely happening.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Elway-"No'

At the end of the day, this is exactly the problem. For the 10,000th time, this is NOT what Elway was asked. The twisting/selective hearing is what is causing the reaction, not what he is actually saying.

catfish
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM
He will be held even harder to expectations because he is Elway. The sword works both ways. We will give him the slide if it's minor, we will have his head if it's major.

He pulls a Josh McDaniels, the fans will let him know, don't worry about that. :lol:

I would think thats fair...it has been my opinion that it was a mis-step, for the reasons I stated in other threads, but a very minor one not deserving of the reaction it got. I was all for giving him a pass. I am now all for letting it go altogether because I really don't care whether I am wrong or right, I have my opinion and it is what it is. People have made up their minds and both sides have valid points. Talking about it at this point is just pissing in the wind.

Changing the subject I know a lot of focus has been put on the low completion% and little on the lack of turnovers...with this defense and a run heavy offense dou you think the accuracy is a bigger issue or the turnovers?

Canmore
11-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I would think thats fair...it has been my opinion that it was a mis-step, for the reasons I stated in other threads, but a very minor one not deserving of the reaction it got. I was all for giving him a pass. I am now all for letting it go altogether because I really don't care whether I am wrong or right, I have my opinion and it is what it is. People have made up their minds and both sides have valid points. Talking about it at this point is just pissing in the wind.

Changing the subject I know a lot of focus has been put on the low completion% and little on the lack of turnovers...with this defense and a run heavy offense dou you think the accuracy is a bigger issue or the turnovers?

Tebow is taking care of the ball. I wonder if this is part of his accuracy issues. Being too careful, if that is possible. With the game on the line he lets it rip but at other times it looks like he is aiming the ball, with predictable results.

catfish
11-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Tebow is taking care of the ball. I wonder if this is part of his accuracy issues. Being too careful, if that is possible. With the game on the line he lets it rip but at other times it looks like he is aiming the ball, with predictable results.

the way I am looking at it the difference between 50% and 60% in this game was roughly 2 completions. I can't see 2 completions changing the game 1 way or the other, but I can see a pick making a huge difference.

GEM
11-28-2011, 07:24 PM

My purpose for using that wasn't actually to trash on Tebow, it was to prove the point I was making. I already said his passes have gotten much better week to week. I find that both are important and I think his completion percentage will improve with time and also with more calls for passes as the coaches allow.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
At the end of the day, this is exactly the problem. For the 10,000th time, this is NOT what Elway was asked. The twisting/selective hearing is what is causing the reaction, not what he is actually saying.

But that is the interpretation. It does not matter what you say but how people take it. He needs to not leave things hanging out there for interpretation and to be dissected.

catfish
11-28-2011, 07:27 PM
My purpose for using that wasn't actually to trash on Tebow, it was to prove the point I was making. I already said his passes have gotten much better week to week. I find that both are important and I think his completion percentage will improve with time and also with more calls for passes as the coaches allow.

I know where you were going....wasn't taking it as a negative, just legitimately curious. I really think people in general(not you specifically) are making a bigger deal out of the completion percentage than they should be. Personally I am more concerned with the YPA, but think it is more than balanced by the fact the Tebow doesn't make it easy for the other teams offense. He allows Denvers very good defense to retain every advantage in the field position game

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I know where you were going....wasn't taking it as a negative, just legitimately curious. I really think people in general(not you specifically) are making a bigger deal out of the completion percentage than they should be. Personally I am more concerned with the YPA, but think it is more than balanced by the fact the Tebow doesn't make it easy for the other teams offense. He allows Denvers very good defense to retain every advantage in the field position game

Punter helps out. I have seen opposing offenses pinned within their own 10 many times this year.

catfish
11-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Punter helps out. I have seen opposing offenses pinned within their own 10 many times this year.

definitely true and a major part of any ball control offense, a pick not only set ur defense up with a short field it also takes the skill of the punter out of play

BORDERLINE
11-28-2011, 07:33 PM
so the title should have read "whats it like to win AGAIN..." of ffs

Title what you want to title it.

I don't take it wrong It doesn't bug me. I might not agree, but big whop. We all don't have to see eye to eye.

Canmore
11-28-2011, 07:35 PM
the way I am looking at it the difference between 50% and 60% in this game was roughly 2 completions. I can't see 2 completions changing the game 1 way or the other, but I can see a pick making a huge difference.

I'm all for Tebow protecting the ball. A couple of those drops certainly affected his completion percentage. I'm just saying you can see some of his deliveries and it looks like he is guiding it. The results are an inaccurate pass. To Tebow's credit, he does not put the ball in harms way. With the way the defense is playing and our run first attitude, limiting turnovers is paramount. Tim has done an excellent job of that. If he was as inaccurate as some of the media want to make him out to be, he would be a turnover machine.

MOtorboat
11-28-2011, 07:38 PM
But that is the interpretation. It does not matter what you say but how people take it. He needs to not leave things hanging out there for interpretation and to be dissected.

There was absolutely nothing to interpret or dissect.

He hasn't made a decision. Period. End of story.

catfish
11-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm all for Tebow protecting the ball. A couple of those drops certainly affected his completion percentage. I'm just saying you can see some of his deliveries and it looks like he is guiding it. The results are an inaccurate pass. To Tebow's credit, he does not put the ball in harms way. With the way the defense is playing and our run first attitude, limiting turnovers is paramount. Tim has done an excellent job of that. If he was as inaccurate as some of the media want to make him out to be, he would be a turnover machine.

pretty much my thought, it has been mentioned that he may be trying too hard not to turn it over...that may be the case as the passing seems to get better as the game slows down and he gets more confidence, if he physically couldn't throw the ball the passing wouldn't be improving at all(IMO)

wayninja
11-28-2011, 07:43 PM

If you could control how people take things, saying anything wouldn't be necessary. You could simply exert your mass mind control from the comfort of your living room.

There was no room for misinterpretation. He was asked if he was any closer to deciding and he said no. There is no other way to take that and nothing Elway could have said could make people not **** up their comprehension.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2011, 07:51 PM
And what John said last week, was in regards to the last game played then, and here is what he said today, in regards to yesterday's game, and also clarified his response on last week's comment.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=740&f=291371

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 07:55 PM
That is the problem, Elway should have known that what ever he says people will speculate on and dissect. He has to dance around direst questions like 99% of famous people do. You cant give direct answers with nothing to elaborate it further.

Elway-"No'

Bad answer, period.
Better answer
"We are still evaluating Timmy, as well as the rest of the team"

Elway should have just said that he really ment. Which no position is set for future and they will continue to evaluate. And of course he is needs to see QB improvement because winning by 3 will not work against SB contenders like GB.

This is incorrect, Elway wasn't asked if TT was the QB of the future. He was asked if he's any closer to deciding if TT is his franchise QB. That's a big difference.

And just because most people are afraid of the media and lie and dodge questions and do the politically correct thing, doesn't mean everyone has to follow suit. If Elway is going to shoot from the hip and not give a **** what the media thinks of him, then I tip my hat to him. Why should he or anyone else care what the media thinks of him or the team? We're winning games. **** the media and critics.

That isn't to say Elway doesn't know how "play the game" so to speak. Remember when he had people thinking he was interested in a QB in the draft last year? He can say what he feels and be honest with the fans while still keeping the football world ignorant to his strategic plans.

Shazam!
11-28-2011, 07:56 PM
If Orton had the ball protection that Tebow does he'd be a better QB.

He could've learned a thing or two from our QB of the future.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Shut it MO, there was plenty for people to look into...HELLO read much, or look at sports websites? Different interception of what "Elway ment" was everywhere.

Article called "Elway not behind Tebow" were everywhere.

Blind faith leads to ignorance.

It's not Elways fault if you are spoon-fed by the media whose sole desire is to CREATE drama.

The actual interview was absolutely cut and dry no matter how much baseless speculation there was on the internet. You all but admitted you didn't even listen to the interview because you couldn't even get the questioned that he was asked correct, which made the answer seem way more profound than it actually was.

MOtorboat
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Shut it MO, there was plenty for people to look into...HELLO read much, or look at sports websites? Different interception of what "Elway ment" was everywhere.

There was nothing to interpret, and if people did interpret anything, they shouldn't be listened to.

It was cut and dry. Has he made a decision? No.

Good grief. And don't call me ignorant.

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
It's not Elways fault if you are spoon-fed by the media whose sole desire is to CREATE drama.

The actual interview was absolutely cut and dry no matter how much baseless speculation there was on the internet. You all but admitted you didn't even listen to the interview because you couldn't even get the questioned that he was asked correct, which made the answer seem way more profound than it actually was.

I did listen to the interview and also I read a lot, and read several articles and that was pulled out of several of them.

MOtorboat
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM
I did listen to the interview and also I read a lot, and read several articles and that was pulled out of several of them.

And yet a week later, you didn't even know the question that was asked, which changed the ENTIRE meaning of the whole conversation.

That's the problem. Not Elway's response. The problem is that people turned it into something it wasn't and completely overreacted.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 09:03 PM

Oh? Then were did this come from?

You cant give direct answers with nothing to elaborate it further.

Elway-"No'

There isn't anything remotely correct about this. This isn't anywhere near the question Elway was asked. Also, he DID elaborate on his answer.

Again, much ado about nothing.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM

I could write an article saying that Elway is really a ninja sent to assassinate Tebow. Just because something is in an article doesn't make it true, especially online.

T.K.O.
11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
i heard Elway is secretly planning to suit up and start for the KC game....he wants to embarrass Orton personally:shocked:

BCJ
11-29-2011, 03:41 AM

Only because our punter was not practicing his pissing on the sideline routine. Other than that, he can truthfully say that his brother sucks and is stuck on the Chiefs.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 03:43 AM

I never said that Elway thinks that TT sucks... I said EVEN IF he does he should keep that to himself...

I don't believe that GMs should disclose every detail especially potentially chemistry damaging info like that. In the middle of your winning streak... in the middle of your now viable division championship chase (thanks to said questionable QB)...

If Tim was not unshakable, this could have been very damaging for a rookie to hear.

Im sorry Staples, GEM and everyone else but that was a bad move. I don't appreciate his honesty. Good GMs should not divulge that information on a radio show... You back your man. Period. And if you have to make a change later, then you cross that bridge when you get to it.

But that doesn't mean he's not the revered John Elway... I have just as much respect as I always have had. He just made a bad mistake and should hear about it. There SHOULD be backlash.. He SHOULD know that there are consequences for speaking carelessly.

And hopefully next time he will have his mans back.

wayninja
11-29-2011, 09:21 AM
I never said that Elway thinks that TT sucks... I said EVEN IF he does he should keep that to himself...

Ok, but what does that have to do anything. He did keep that to himself if that is how he feels.

I don't believe that GMs should disclose every detail especially potentially chemistry damaging info like that. In the middle of your winning streak... in the middle of your now viable division championship chase (thanks to said questionable QB)...

Disclose every detail about what? That he hasn't made up his mind? And stop giving all the credit to your pagan god. Tebow has done fine, but our winning streak is hardly 'thanks to him'.

If Tim was not unshakable, this could have been very damaging for a rookie to hear.

What rookie?

Im sorry Staples, GEM and everyone else but that was a bad move. I don't appreciate his honesty. Good GMs should not divulge that information on a radio show... You back your man. Period. And if you have to make a change later, then you cross that bridge when you get to it.

Divulge what info? He didn't give any plans away or share anything that he hadn't already shared 100 times. He did back the QB.

But that doesn't mean he's not the revered John Elway... I have just as much respect as I always have had. He just made a bad mistake and should hear about it. There SHOULD be backlash.. He SHOULD know that there are consequences for speaking carelessly.

No, he didn't make a mistake. Nothing was said that wasn't already known. The question implied that this was already known (are you any closer...). There shouldn't be any 'backlash' over such a minor event even if you think he didn't handle it the way you would have. It's way too trivial be be given the attention you want it to have.

The only thing to criticize Elway for here is that he assumed people were intelligent enough to actually listen to the interview and not take the comments out of context in order to twist their meaning. If you want to criticize that, I won't stop you.

And hopefully next time he will have his mans back.

As long as it's your man, right?

catfish
11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Ok, but what does that have to do anything. He did keep that to himself if that is how he feels.

Disclose every detail about what? That he hasn't made up his mind? And stop giving all the credit to your pagan god. Tebow has done fine, but our winning streak is hardly 'thanks to him'.

What rookie?

Divulge what info? He didn't give any plans away or share anything that he hadn't already shared 100 times. He did back the QB.

No, he didn't make a mistake. Nothing was said that wasn't already known. The question implied that this was already known (are you any closer...). There shouldn't be any 'backlash' over such a minor event even if you think he didn't handle it the way you would have. It's way too trivial be be given the attention you want it to have.

The only thing to criticize Elway for here is that he assumed people were intelligent enough to actually listen to the interview and not take the comments out of context in order to twist their meaning. If you want to criticize that, I won't stop you.

don't want to get back in this convo....but the bolded are exactly why Bull and I think it was a mis-step...any time you assume people are going to act intelligently you are bound to be disappointed.

I think a calm rational person would read what was said and think Elway doesn't have enough info to commit at this time,I understand I'm going to get on with my life now.....the average person however is the reason shows like Jersey shore exists and they want to go with the dramatic, HE HATES TEBOW( I have a very low opinion of "average" people BTW)

wayninja
11-29-2011, 09:34 AM
don't want to get back in this convo....but the bolded are exactly why Bull and I think it was a mis-step...any time you assume people are going to act intelligently you are bound to be disappointed.

I think a calm rational person would read what was said and think Elway doesn't have enough info to commit at this time,I understand I'm going to get on with my life now.....the average person however is the reason shows like Jersey shore exists and they want to go with the dramatic, HE HATES TEBOW( I have a very low opinion of "average" people BTW)

Fair enough, but you simply can never say the 'right' thing to someone who is determined to find a way to be offended by it. I don't need to hear JE take 20 minutes of political qualification in order to answer yes/no questions about Tebow. If you guys do, that's fine.

It still simply doesn't deserve the amount of attention it's gotten. And the word 'backlash' is ridiculous to hear in regards to this.

catfish
11-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Fair enough, but you simply can never say the 'right' thing to someone who is determined to find a way to be offended by it. I don't need to hear JE take 20 minutes of political qualification in order to answer yes/no questions about Tebow. If you guys do, that's fine.

It still simply doesn't deserve the amount of attention it's gotten. And the word 'backlash' is ridiculous to hear in regards to this.

I agree, the media is going to take something out of context unless you get to the point where all you spout is political doublespeak ..it is always a balancing act between transparency and the media circus...Elway is overall doing well, as the Tebow furor dies down(winning games/traded whatever) he will be able to be more transparent as the media will not be begging for a controversy

Dzone
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Lets talk playoffs! Someone needs to start a playoff thread! We are making a run for the playoffs and from there its on to the super bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

HammeredOut
11-29-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF2mTH8rKmE

This is a reminder of what Tim Tebow can do on the ground as a runner. We have him at QB.

jhildebrand
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM

I disagree with you here Bull. Elway should be as clear as mud to the media. He answered the question as if he wasn't trying to divulge anything! That is how it should be in season and pre-draft. We don't want other teams knowing what this team wants to do. It doesn't help them. It was a savvy move on his part.

The most important thing is Elway can talk to Tebow behind the scenes, and I am sure he does. As long as Tebow knows where he stands in Elway's eyes is all that matters.

I find it hillarious that this one word comment was blown up the way it was but the previous week's comment of "I look forward to working with Tebow in the offseason" wasn't given its proper due.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM

What rookie?

You are delusional. Its actually comical you don't get what I'm saying.

Dzone
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Got to love the comparison of the Broncos to the 1971 Dolphins. It got the dolphins to 17-0
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19428996

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM

:priceless:

wayninja
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM

I'm sure that's exactly how Elway feels about you.

GEM
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM

Bull, it's really not that comical. People get why you think it was a mistake. Just because you think it is, doesn't mean everyone does. Just like I don't think it was, doesn't mean I'm right. We all have different expectations from our head honchos. I guess Elway should have known that there would be some, there always is, that would try to read a million words out of his one word answer.

The sad part...even if he had come out and said YES! Timmy is my guy! There would still be some who would find a reason to bitch that it wasn't enough.

What do you mean he's your guy? For how long? Is that for next season? Is that for the next decade? Does that mean he isn't going to draft a QB?

catfish
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Bull, it's really not that comical. People get why you think it was a mistake. Just because you think it is, doesn't mean everyone does. Just like I don't think it was, doesn't mean I'm right. We all have different expectations from our head honchos. I guess Elway should have known that there would be some, there always is, that would try to read a million words out of his one word answer.

The sad part...even if he had come out and said YES! Timmy is my guy! There would still be some who would find a reason to bitch that it wasn't enough.

What do you mean he's your guy? For how long? Is that for next season? Is that for the next decade? Does that mean he isn't going to draft a QB?

if he said yes he would have been blasted by the other side and rightly so. he couldn't answer this question properly with one word due to the idiocy of the media and the population at large...he just need to lower his estimation of the intelligence of the average American and he will be fine

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 02:00 PM
:priceless:

Your worse than he is. I don't even take you seriously, you are the epitome of a troll. Worst contributor by FAR. You are always bitter and have nothing interesting to say or add. I pity you. :tsk:

claymore
11-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Your worse than he is. I don't even take you seriously, you are the epitome of a troll. Worst contributor by FAR. You are always bitter and have nothing interesting to say or add. I pity you. :tsk:

Give Mo a second chance. He is a virgin like Tebow. That has to count for something.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM

The question was... "are you ANY CLOSER" and he answered NO! a resounding, emphatic NO.

NO CLOSER? REALLY? There has been NO improvement? Tim is soo bad that after 4-1 you are NO CLOSER to a decision?

Come on now... he didnt ask if Tim was the franchise QB... the guy left John PLENTY of room to answer gracefully. He didn't ask John if he was ready give Tim a 100 million dollar contract FFS.

NO CLOSER? lol he could have said

"Timmy is improving every week and the bottom line is we are winning... and as long as we see improvement and keep winning then I think Tim is our guy... of course there are things to address like the completion % and third down % but with all young QBs I think that will improve over time..."

THAT'S what you want to hear out of your FO... "AS LONG AS" means no its not set in stone. It means IF he doesn't improve his passing and IF they don't keep winning then hey hes not our man. but you give a POSITIVE spin to your response. See the difference... what I said said up there is 100% the truth.

Instead he just said.."uuuuhhhh NO!" no closer? wtf?

Does this mean you have to keep Tim, NO. But you just don't do that.

We don't have to agree but I don't see any possible way a case can be made for the other side.

Unless its as phidelt says and it was all for competitive reasons and John is playing everyone for a fool and plans to keep Tim but wants to keep everyone in the dark for draft purposes... I find this VERY unlikely. If so Ill gladly eat my words. But we all know thats not the case.

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Ridiculous.

Essentially you're just pissed because the answer wasn't "yes."

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Ridiculous.

Essentially you're just pissed because the answer wasn't "yes."

There is huge difference between not saying a yes there and a resounding NO. I would EXPECT that he wouldn't say yes.. how can he? What I DID expect was a more savvy answer...

At some point Mo you are going to have to let go of your stance than I am just a Tebow fan here to cause trouble. Nothing is further from the truth. I actually contribute which is more than I can say about some others around here.

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Elway's job is to evaluate an entire season AFTER the season and evaluate where to go in the future from there. I'd be more pissed if he was making knee-jerk decisions based on several games in-season.

Quit getting your panties in a bunch over such a non-sequitor.

catfish
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Elway's job is to evaluate an entire season AFTER the season and evaluate where to go in the future from there. I'd be more pissed if he was making knee-jerk decisions based on several games in-season.

just refer him to the thread where we already discussed this at length, I feel we exhausted the topic...:deadhorse:

BroncoNut
11-29-2011, 03:09 PM
When the Gator fans learn to be humble like the man they revere, I'll stop reminding them.

bang.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 03:13 PM

That is Elway's job... Its not his job to have a weekly radio show and spill his guts. Which is what you fail to see. Elway has every right feel as he does... its his job... just keep that shit IN HOUSE and away from a ravenous media.

But you are not capable of hearing me MO.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
bang.

Great, and who is here to police you? and Mo? What makes you humble? Nothing.

You are just as big a hypocrite Nut as anyone on these boards... And one thing you and Mo are not is humble. so eat me.

catfish
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM

I would be more humble if I wasn't so damn perfect :)

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 03:44 PM
That is Elway's job... Its not his job to have a weekly radio show and spill his guts. Which is what you fail to see. Elway has every right feel as he does... its his job... just keep that shit IN HOUSE and away from a ravenous media.

But you are not capable of hearing me MO.

Why can't he have a regular radio show?

Personally, I like the openness. I know you don't probably know this, but the openness is what's selling this team back to the masses in Denver. It's good PR. Good business.

I'm not failing to see anything. I understand your ******* point. I don't agree with it.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Why can't he have a regular radio show?

Personally, I like the openness. I know you don't probably know this, but the openness is what's selling this team back to the masses in Denver. It's good PR. Good business.

I'm not failing to see anything. I understand your ******* point. I don't agree with it.

No, your failing in epic fashion Mo.

There is nothing wrong with having a radio show or being more "transparent" Does that mean you disclose everything? Does that mean you go on the air and give up your playbook? Terminology? Game plan? No matter how transparent you would like to be there are things that you just don't say to the media as the VP of football operations.

If you want to have a radio show as a legend HoF you can say whatever the eff you want. If you want to keep that same show as the GM you need to filter your thoughts better. Period.

Slick
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Bull, would you have made this thread if these questions were about Orlando Franklin being our starting right tackle of the future?

Be honest.

I Eat Staples
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I can't speak for everyone Bullgator but I can only assume most feel the way I do about this, which is that I see and understand your point, I just don't agree with it.

I'm not calling you a Jagsbch or anything, we just disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

catfish
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I can't speak for everyone Bullgator but I can only assume most feel the way I do about this, which is that I see and understand your point, I just don't agree with it.

I'm not calling you a Jagsbch or anything, we just disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

both sides have valid points, and at this point neither is going to convince the other, Bull some are on your side, others agree with Mo....it is what it is, lets just agree to let it go please. It is such a little thing anyway

GEM
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM

You are just as big a hypocrite Nut as anyone on these boards... And one thing you and Mo are not is humble. so eat me.

Why don't you knock off this shit. Attacking anyone who wholeheartedly disagrees with you. Telling people to eat you. You are better than this. I continue to see you you volley personal attacks at Mo, yet he doesn't even return the favor. So he doesn't agree with you, so the **** what. That sure as hell doesn't make him a troll.

Talk about being humble and a hypocrite? You haven't been humble the last few days. You have been on the attack with anyone who doesn't agree with you. Hypocritical? You talk about being attacked, yet I have seen no reports and I have read and responded to these threads and I have seen no attacks, yet you are attacking others.

You aren't going to change anyone's mind on their OPINION, just like you aren't going to change yours. That does not open up the door to attacking those that disagree. So calm down and either post without the attacks or put the other person on ignore.

BroncoNut
11-29-2011, 04:56 PM
great, and who is here to police you? And mo? What makes you humble? Nothing.

You are just as big a hypocrite nut as anyone on these boards... And one thing you and mo are not is humble. so eat me.

i will not!

catfish
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
i will not!

he could be made of delicious chocolate, you don't know

BroncoNut
11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
he could be made of delicious chocolate, you don't know

cat, stop the teasing please

catfish
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
cat, stop the teasing please

done, apologize if I upset you, was not my intention

BroncoNut
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM

oh, and btw, like everyone on the mod team basically (cept for Carol, GEM, Davii, and MHC that have basically given up). Mostly it's NTL and Dread. (NTL because I have apparently been some type of a disappointment to him, and Dread because "I"m only doing this to you because I love you" Naught). I get called out for inappropriate posts all the time. I'm working on changing my behavior, appraently you should do the same. I mean if you're being so aggressively policed.

BroncoNut
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
done, apologize if I upset you, was not my intention

not at all cat. I was just being sarcastic. When I say no, it pretty much means yes

catfish
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
not at all cat. I was just being sarcastic. When I say no, it pretty much means yes

not going to touch that one

GEM
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
oh, and btw, like everyone on the mod team basically (cept for Carol, GEM, Davii, and MHC that have basically given up). Mostly it's NTL and Dread. (NTL because I have apparently been some type of a disappointment to him, and Dread because "I"m only doing this to you because I love you" Naught). I get called out for inappropriate posts all the time. I'm working on changing my behavior, appraently you should do the same. I mean if you're being so aggressively policed.

Given up? I will ban you right now to oblivion just for kicks.

wayninja
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Does that mean you disclose everything? Does that mean you go on the air and give up your playbook? Terminology? Game plan? No matter how transparent you would like to be there are things that you just don't say to the media as the VP of football operations.

Holy shit, I didn't realize he had disclosed our playbook, gameplan and terminology. You are absolutely right then!

****, why didn't I see it earlier!

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Bull, would you have made this thread if these questions were about Orlando Franklin being our starting right tackle of the future?

Be honest.

Not sure what you mean, we got derailed a bit. The thread was a congrats to the fans on being on the winning side of things again. Somehow Im a clown for that...

But if you mean would I start a thread about Elway doing the same thing to say Franklin? No. For the starting QB I would you bet. Tebow or not. Assuming I was even here if there was no Tebow.

In my mind it was a really really bad move.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Why don't you knock off this shit. Attacking anyone who wholeheartedly disagrees with you. Telling people to eat you. You are better than this. I continue to see you you volley personal attacks at Mo, yet he doesn't even return the favor. So he doesn't agree with you, so the **** what. That sure as hell doesn't make him a troll.

Talk about being humble and a hypocrite? You haven't been humble the last few days. You have been on the attack with anyone who doesn't agree with you. Hypocritical? You talk about being attacked, yet I have seen no reports and I have read and responded to these threads and I have seen no attacks, yet you are attacking others.

You aren't going to change anyone's mind on their OPINION, just like you aren't going to change yours. That does not open up the door to attacking those that disagree. So calm down and either post without the attacks or put the other person on ignore.

GEM, Mo doesn't need return the favor he started this thing with personal attacks. I started a grats thread and he went off on me with both barrels. I dont attack someone for disagreeing with me. I attack them because they attack me. Go read his first post in here. Thats where is started.

AS IT ALWAYS STARTS. I get attacked first. FACT. I dont come crying to you or other mods. I have NEVER reported or ignored anyone. But somehow Im the bad guy when the FIRST PERSONAL ATTACKS are always, without exception, hurled at me.

If I can take the shit Ill dish it out too, and so can Mo let him defend himself or report me. He doesn't you jump in and finish WHAT HE STARTED.

Bullgator
11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
And by the way you high fived Mo calling me a Gator clown! You and about 20 other people. so you ******* know he started that shit. You are going to lecture me on personal attacks WHEN YOU HIGH FIVED HIS!

So you will excuse me if I tell him to kiss my pucker... and I guess you can ban me now for not sitting on my hands when attacked, its obvious the mods only edit what they don't agree with!

I don't give a shit if you scold someone, I can handle my self but don't be telling one thing and high fiving what you tell me not to do!

BeefStew25
11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
You sound like a well worn beaver.

wayninja
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Don't remember the last time I a saw the fabled triple wambulance post... nice job.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/19/128768839018775151.jpg

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 10:18 PM
I like the part where he insinuates I've never been the focus of moderation.

BroncoNut
11-29-2011, 10:38 PM
not going to touch that one

Oh, you will cat. you will. everyone does

wayninja
11-29-2011, 10:53 PM

Sure, I guess that was ok, but for me it was the repetitive rambling and randomly bolded words that really brought it to the next level.

TXBRONC
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM

Yeah that's pretty funny. :lol:

TXBRONC
11-29-2011, 11:46 PM
GEM, Mo doesn't need return the favor he started this thing with personal attacks. I started a grats thread and he went off on me with both barrels. I dont attack someone for disagreeing with me. I attack them because they attack me. Go read his first post in here. Thats where is started.

AS IT ALWAYS STARTS. I get attacked first. FACT. I dont come crying to you or other mods. I have NEVER reported or ignored anyone. But somehow Im the bad guy when the FIRST PERSONAL ATTACKS are always, without exception, hurled at me.

If I can take the shit Ill dish it out too, and so can Mo let him defend himself or report me. He doesn't you jump in and finish WHAT HE STARTED.

That's a load. You're pretty quick to throw the first verbal jab on many occassions.

Bullgator
11-30-2011, 01:08 AM
That's a load. You're pretty quick to throw the first verbal jab on many occassions.

Bull shit dood post one. Not on a single occasion have I nor will I attack someone else first. That's not how I roll. But if your gonna start some shit Ill chuck some dookie too.

You keep calling me out TX but you have yet to link a single shred of evidence that I attacked someone first. Im not wired that way.

You just make shit up now? Classy.

Bullgator
11-30-2011, 01:21 AM

Of course you have. Just not usually when its directed at me. Your baseless personal attacks get high fives from the mods if its about a me apparently.

This shit reminds me of the ignorant rednecks you can trick to do ANYTHING if you just chant USA! USA! "Hey he hates uhhmericaaa!!! String 'em up Zeke!!!!"

Except replace USA with Broncos and replace America with Elway. then get away with murder and have 50 ignorant people high five it even tho it was baseless and uncalled for. I don't hate Elway, the Broncos or America. Calm the **** down, and put down pitch forks.

All this because he faked some bullshit patriotic mind ******* to get the locals to light their torches and grab their pitch forks.

How does it feel to get mind ****** by Mo? Cant you think for yourself?

wayninja
11-30-2011, 01:24 AM
So... you going to be ranting in here long? I have to take a shit.

Bullgator
11-30-2011, 01:32 AM
I wish we could just get the **** along.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Lmao you guys.

NightTrainLayne
11-30-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm going to close this thread for now. It's too late and this is devolving into a silly name-calling match.