PDA

View Full Version : Much props to our defense!

DenBronx
11-27-2011, 08:05 PM
75 total points allowed in the last 5 games.

15,24,10,13 and 13 points allowed.

They are making plays when needed most and putting alot of pressure on QBs which causes mistakes to be made.

I couldn't be any more proud of them.

Von is a beast but the beast Dumervil on the other side is 100% healthy. That equals headaches for any team.

They play hard, physical and never quit. :beer:

Northman
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Defense is playing a huge part in our games the last few weeks. Von Doom is just beastly.

OrangeHoof
11-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Another gutty performance all around. Give some props to Fox and his coaches too. The turnaround between this year and last year is stunning.

Ziggy
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll take Doom and Von over any pass rushing duo in the NFL.........Matthis and Freeny included.

SM19
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
They're doing a great job. 13 points in a five-quarter game is terrific.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Yep, Defense deserves a ton of credit. As mentioned, Von and Doom are something else.

They're keeping us in every game and giving Tebow a chance to go out and win games for us down the stretch.

Von Dume's Day
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll take Doom and Von over any pass rushing duo in the NFL.........Matthis and Freeny included.

AGREED!¡! The Orange Crush D is back!!!!! & being led by von dume!

wayninja
11-27-2011, 08:21 PM
13 points for the Jets and 13 points for SD. Enough said. They are playing standing on their heads.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Our defense is playing amazing. I give HUGE HUGE props to our defense for the wins..b.ecaus they are playing LIGHTS OUT. Doom and Miller have become a feared duo in the NFL!

LTC Pain
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Go resurrected Orange Crush!

wayninja
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
We didn't get a ton of pressure on Rivers today, but we got it all at just the right times.

broncofaninfla
11-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Much props for Dennis Allen. If this team can draft or sign a stub MLB and a quality DT or two, this defense will be one of the best.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Dennis Allen is my Homeboy... :defense:

Ziggy
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Much props for Dennis Allen. If this team can draft or sign a stub MLB and a quality DT or two, this defense will be one of the best.

Re-sign Bunk, draft Te'o or Burfict, and add another UT and this D gets dominant.

Northman
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Re-sign Bunk, draft Te'o or Burfict, and add another UT and this D gets dominant.

God, drafting Burfict would be insane for this defense.

underrated29
11-27-2011, 09:32 PM
bunkly von and doom.

Bunk is single handidly Owning in the run game!
Von and doom are breaking Tackles legs everygame.

These three, plus champ are the heart and soul of our defense. Good news is they are all pretty darn young.

camdisco24
11-27-2011, 09:33 PM
The great thing about this is they have played there way up to this level. It's not a case of starting strong and being exposed after a few games...

:cough cough, 2009 6-0:

bcbronc
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM
as good as the defense is playing, there is a lot of "low hanging fruit" as far as upgrading the personnel in the offseason. If this past five game stretch isn't just a hot streak, we're already a playoff-calibre defense imo. One or two more pieces and some seasoning, sky's the limit.

Joel
11-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Either of those guys starting MLB prospects? I don't follow college, but unless the answer is yet I'd rather go after a stud DB. I like what I've seen from Harris, but three of our four starting DBs are over 30 (in two years Dawkins will be 40.) I still like the idea of moving Champ to FS when he slows down (I am not of the opinion that has happened much yet) but that only means we don't need a FS; we still need a #1 shutdown CB. That we had Champ to deal with Jackson and DJ, Woodyard and Harris to deal with Gates (though only DJ is really up to that) combined with the Bolts total absence of any other decent receivers is probably as big a reason as any why we won today.

As I said elsewhere, I actually expected our D to be a little better; maybe they've spoiled me, but there a few blown plays at very inopportune times. They still played very well though, and the Chargers supposedly have NFLs #7 offense. Seeing our D play well against a legitimately good offense (even if it was missing a few people) was my main reservation about accepting them as legitimately good themselves. Now that they have I can say that without reservation; now if only the offense could catch up with them (read: Please call more passes on 1st and 2nd down, especially 2nd and short, and please stop dropping balls.)

ATLbroNCO
11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Yeah, a DB is definitely essential at this point. With our secondary getting older and older, we will need fresh legs sooner rather than later.

That being said, they played very well against the Chargers' WRs. Gates is still a thorn in our side, but he's a matchup nightmare for the majority of teams in the league anyways.

nevcraw
11-28-2011, 12:34 AM
getting Bunkley and Mcgahee were fantastic pick ups.

NorCalBronco7
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Broncos defense has playmakers across the board and they're playing lights out. Fox knows defense and I couldnt be happier with him either.

Ayers, Harris, Mays, Bunk, Thomas,..... the list goes on and on with defensive players that have stepped up. With a couple drafts and FA pickups, this defense is only going to get better.

BroncoTech
11-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I have to mention it was a complete team victory. I know they were rushing 3 but I saw Tebow back there cooking one of those frozen burritos, then chucking it down field. Also all the running backs were having success. I didn't think we would see such a turn around this year.

horsepig
11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Either of those guys starting MLB prospects? I don't follow college, but unless the answer is yet I'd rather go after a stud DB. I like what I've seen from Harris, but three of our four starting DBs are over 30 (in two years Dawkins will be 40.) I still like the idea of moving Champ to FS when he slows down (I am not of the opinion that has happened much yet) but that only means we don't need a FS; we still need a #1 shutdown CB. That we had Champ to deal with Jackson and DJ, Woodyard and Harris to deal with Gates (though only DJ is really up to that) combined with the Bolts total absence of any other decent receivers is probably as big a reason as any why we won today.

As I said elsewhere, I actually expected our D to be a little better; maybe they've spoiled me, but there a few blown plays at very inopportune times. They still played very well though, and the Chargers supposedly have NFLs #7 offense. Seeing our D play well against a legitimately good offense (even if it was missing a few people) was my main reservation about accepting them as legitimately good themselves. Now that they have I can say that without reservation; now if only the offense could catch up with them (read: Please call more passes on 1st and 2nd down, especially 2nd and short, and please stop dropping balls.)

Good post Joel. The DL has also exceded expectations. We need one more stud in the interior DL.

The key here is how do you get your guys to perform?

Joel
11-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Good post Joel. The DL has also exceded expectations. We need one more stud in the interior DL.
Thanks, though my grammar could clearly benefit from me sleeping more than once every other day. :tongue: If we were still in a 3-4 I would want a second solid NT just because I don't expect one guy to take that kind of pounding all game, but having an UT to help out makes it (relatively) less urgent for me. Injuries are always a concern, but I worry less about a guy flat wearing out in the second and/or on the goal line. Right now DB would trump NT for me (something I would not have said a few months ago.)

With our final games against the Bills, Vikings and Chiefs, plus a Cutler-less Bears, we are bona fide playoff contenders, and likely to remain so for a while in a Division this weak. We could easily end up losing to the Pats and finishing 9-7 (I really don't see us running the table; if we pull off the upset against NE we'll lose a game SOMEwhere.) With teams like that I start looking for final pieces to fill indisputable holes, and we are guaranteed to have at least one, and probably more, in our secondary within a year or two, so I want a star DB who can step in and be a difference maker from Day One.[/quote]

The key here is how do you get your guys to perform?
Phase One: Assume you AREN'T God. Phase Two: ... Phase Three: DEFENCE!