PDA

View Full Version : Note to Fox, McCoy, and Tebow

Northman
11-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Whatever your doing just keep doing it. Im going to shut up the rest of the year in terms of Tebow's passing. Its unorthadox but it works and we are winning. And a HUGE kudo's to the defense for playing LIGHTS OUT the last few weeks. GO BRONCOS!

Im a Te-believer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute:

DenBronx
11-27-2011, 07:57 PM
106 QBR for TT just shown on NFLN.

He doesnt make mistakes.

I believe in the kid and he's going to get better.

He has a higher ceiling than any young QB in the game right now.

claymore
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM
I want to say im sold, but as soon as I do the house of cards will tumble down on me. So, I will say I need to see more, and Tebow still has alot of improvement to make as QB.

Cant help but be excited about his potential and ceiling as Bronx eluded to earlier...

catfish
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Whatever your doing just keep doing it. Im going to shut up the rest of the year in terms of Tebow's passing. Its unorthadox but it works and we are winning. And a HUGE kudo's to the defense for playing LIGHTS OUT the last few weeks. GO BRONCOS!

understand, I am going to call you out if I read you mentioning throwing again this year ;)

Northman
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I want to say im sold, but as soon as I do the house of cards will tumble down on me. So, I will say I need to see more, and Tebow still has alot of improvement to make as QB.

Cant help but be excited about his potential and ceiling as Bronx eluded to earlier...

Early in the game i was like you like i was the last few weeks. But watching Rivers struggle just as bad if not more has sort of opened my eyes that while we arent a pass heavy offense we are making the passes count that we do throw (which is something the Dread brought up a few weeks back). Tebow does still need to improve in some areas but its hard not to notice that he is indeed improving, especially as the game goes on. He may never be a Aaron Rodgers but if we continue to have a solid running game and good/great defense we stand a chance more than we ever did under McDaniels.

wayninja
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Another sheep folded into the flock.

DenBronx
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM

No...keep holding on to the pessimism Clay....somehow it's working and unjinxing the team. You are only allowed to jump in with both feet when we win a playoff game. Until then you must remain bitter. :D

elwayisgod
11-27-2011, 08:42 PM
106 QBR is impossible. It only goes to 100. Nonetheless, he cant pass but no Ints is huge!!!!

wayninja
11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
106 QBR is impossible. It only goes to 100. Nonetheless, he cant pass but no Ints is huge!!!!

Tebow finds a way to get to 106.

catfish
11-27-2011, 08:50 PM

tebow gets an additional 10 points for each testicle

Skacorica
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Man I am still so revved up.

More whiskey!

elwayisgod
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank god the teams we play suck!!!!

wayninja
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
tebow gets an additional 10 points for each testicle

Tebow only has 6/10 of 1 testicle?

elwayisgod
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Hehehe... ESPN QBR goes to 100. Regular QBR goes to 153.3 or something.... to clarify

catfish
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Tebow only has 6/10 of 1 testicle?

i was assuming he came in at the 86 area :) even 6/10 of a tebow testicle is enough for 3 men ;)

wayninja
11-27-2011, 09:00 PM
i was assuming he came in at the 86 area :) even 6/10 of a tebow testicle is enough for 3 men ;)

3 gay men, maybe.

Davii
11-27-2011, 09:00 PM

Ummm no. It most certainly goes higher. Rogers is averaging something like 114, and I believe perfect is 150 something.

catfish
11-27-2011, 09:01 PM
3 gay men, maybe.

i will defer to your experience and take your word for it :D

wayninja
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
i will defer to your experience and take your word for it :D

Fair enough, but you were the one to bring Tebow's DNA buckets into the convo

SR
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm still holding out. Tebow played better today, but there is still a lot left to be desired for me. Minnesota is horrible and we play them next week. They may not have AP. It should not be a hard game. I'll be interested to see how Denver handles themselves in a game against a team they "should" beat.

ATLbroNCO
11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I would say the best thing about Tebow is that he has everyone around him playing to a level that they previously were not playing at at the beginning of this season. He just seems to make the players around him do bigger and better things. Whatever he's doing, I hope he can keep it up.
I'm not the biggest Tebow fan (I actually go to Alabama so I absolutely loved to see him fail in the past) but he has me really excited to see if what he's doing now is sustainable.

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
The only thing I would want Fox and company to do or work on is getting the O to understand when they come off a 3rd down play and it is 4th and 1 or less is to line it up as a no huddle. It could have been done a coulple times today including the OT.

Had they done it in OT someone jumps. Even if it were denver to false start, Colquitt could have used the extra 5.

I know it is nit picking but it drove me nuts today because it could have been used so many times.

DenBronx
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
106 QBR is impossible.

Um...no it's not.

Joel
11-27-2011, 11:15 PM

I disagree; I do not think we need OT to win if they call more passes. They stuffed our run most of the day, but we had just enough big runs to pull out the win because the D made San Diego punt three times in OT. Late in the fourth and in OT they did pass some in situations where it wasn't a given, but I would like to see more of that; refusing to let Tebow throw unless it's 3rd and 20 DOES somewhat set him up to fail, and does the same to him and our backs on 1st and second down.

When a team publicly says before the game they will put 8 in the box because you cannot beat them through the air, that cries out for play action. They did run a few nice slants and occasional screens, but c'mon: The kid was 9/18; Rivers was only 19/36, but the Chargers let HIM keep passing. Probably shouldn't have with the gains they were getting on the ground, but WE weren't getting those kinds of gains against their eight man fronts (Tebow in particular had 22 carries for 67 yards, little more than half what McGahee got with just one more rush.) Call me crazy, but I'd like to see more play action when they expect run, and if Tebow can just stay at the level he was today (and our receivers drop less balls,) pretty soon we'll be able to make big gains with delays and QB draws when they expect a pass.

Dean
11-27-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm still holding out. Tebow played better today, but there is still a lot left to be desired for me. Minnesota is horrible and we play them next week. They may not have AP. It should not be a hard game. I'll be interested to see how Denver handles themselves in a game against a team they "should" beat.

That long forgotten phrase sure sounds great.

Northman
11-28-2011, 05:00 AM
The kid was 9/18; Rivers was only 19/36, but the Chargers let HIM keep passing.

How long has Rivers been in the NFL? Of course they were going to let him keep passing.

Probably shouldn't have with the gains they were getting on the ground, but WE weren't getting those kinds of gains against their eight man fronts (Tebow in particular had 22 carries for 67 yards, little more than half what McGahee got with just one more rush.) Call me crazy, but I'd like to see more play action when they expect run, and if Tebow can just stay at the level he was today (and our receivers drop less balls,) pretty soon we'll be able to make big gains with delays and QB draws when they expect a pass.

Im sure they are working up to that, but for now if the game is close there is no reason to veer from what is working. Good defense and a good running game. As time goes on both the rest of the year and into next year i would assume the gameplan will open up far more for Tim but they are bringing him around slowly because afterall he is a "project" that needs more work than say Phyllis Rivers.

John Bad Elk
11-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Tebow continues to improve and he appears more confident each time he takes the field.

Additionally, the team is convinced they have a chance to win every game they play, it is awesome to see the transformation from a 1 - 4 start to 6 - 5, this TEAM is awesome!

Tned
11-28-2011, 08:36 AM

What they are doing is working, but McCoy still needs to work on the play calling. Yes, they are winning, and they are trying to "manage the game" and play a field position game, but at the same time you risk letting games get away from you.

The NFL is about tendencies and keeping the other team from knowing your tendencies so well that they know what defense to call (when you're on offense).

If we can "mock" the play calling in game by guessing the play, does anyone doubt that the defense knows about the first down runs.

It's not like the kid is missing receivers by ten yards like he did in the first couple games. For the most part, his incompletions now are either throw aways or just out of the reach of the receiver, or as we've seen the last two games, receiver drops.

Take this past game. He opened 0-4, which included two bad receiver drops and another you put on Tebow, but receiver should have gotten. After that, he goes something like 9-14, I think (think he was 9-18).

gregbroncs
11-28-2011, 08:50 AM
What they are doing is working, but McCoy still needs to work on the play calling. Yes, they are winning, and they are trying to "manage the game" and play a field position game, but at the same time you risk letting games get away from you.

The NFL is about tendencies and keeping the other team from knowing your tendencies so well that they know what defense to call (when you're on offense).

If we can "mock" the play calling in game by guessing the play, does anyone doubt that the defense knows about the first down runs.

It's not like the kid is missing receivers by ten yards like he did in the first couple games. For the most part, his incompletions now are either throw aways or just out of the reach of the receiver, or as we've seen the last two games, receiver drops.

Take this past game. He opened 0-4, which included two bad receiver drops and another you put on Tebow, but receiver should have gotten. After that, he goes something like 9-14, I think (think he was 9-18).His 1st 2 passes were not very good. The announcers said Decker had his hands on the second one but it was Weddle who had hands
on it not Decker. The 1st pass was terrible. If he hits Thomas he has a decent shot at a 1st down. The 3rd was a flat out drop by Royal. I don't remember the 4th one, was it a drop? Still really the only one I put on Tebow is the terrible pass to Thomas.

I have been skeptical of Tebow. However I have seen a lot of improvement over the last few weeks and if the running game is working this well no reason to turn the young QB into a gunslinger. Every QB misses passes. In the 2nd half Tebow made some great passes that seem to be coming more often than they did early.

I absolutely love that he is not turning the ball over.

I still give the defense most of the credit for our wins. How did we go from a terrible defense for years into a defense that is keeping us in games against everybody?

On a side note the OL was great yesterday. Tebow had all day on a few of those plays.

Tned
11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
His 1st 2 passes were not very good. The announcers said Decker had his hands on the second one but it was Weddle who had hands
on it not Decker. The 1st pass was terrible. If he hits Thomas he has a decent shot at a 1st down. The 3rd was a flat out drop by Royal. I don't remember the 4th one, was it a drop? Still really the only one I put on Tebow is the terrible pass to Thomas.

I'll have to rewatch this evening to see if I have some of the plays out of order in my head. I know Vic Lombardi and some of the others on Twitter during the game were referring to 2 drops in first 4. Can't remember where the Jeramiah Johnson drop was, but I think later in the game.

The DT drop was low & away, no question, but I don't consider that a terrible throw. The low and away ball is a staple in the NFL. His was a little too low & away, but typically you hear things like "he put it where only the WR could make a play" by analysts on throws like that.

Unfortunately, we have a very young and inexperienced receiving corp right now that aren't making the grabs that vet receiving corps get.

Northman
11-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I understand what you mean by tendencies but being realistic, i think right now Denver is just playing it close to the belt. Had SD jumped out too a 17-0 the gameplan may have changed somewhat but when its only 10-7 or 13-7 there's just no reason to deviate from the gameplan. You just cant afford to panic and put the team in a position where you have a guy like Hanie throw 3 picks and cost you a ballgame.

MileHighCrew
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I so badly want to be sold, but maybe the McDaniels era have made me want to see more before I can be. I remember 6-0 with Orton and McDaniels and I was sold, didn't work out so well in the end.
I was screaming like a little girl at my TV, I have loved the wins and the excitement but I need to see more

Shazam!
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
TT has steadily shown improvement on his passes.

He will only get better the more he plays.

He is still nearly a rookie and hasn't even played a full season yet and the lockout has hurt him.

Enjoy it Broncos fans, we are watching our future QB develop right before our very eyes as he leads Denver to a winning Season and possibly a playoff berth.

Football season is soooooo much more enjoyable when your team doesn't completely blow.

MileHighCrew
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
TT has steadily shown improvement on his passes.

He will only get better the more he plays.

He is still nearly a rookie and hasn't even played a full season yet and the lockout has hurt him.

Enjoy it Broncos fans, we are watching our future QB develop right before our very eyes as he leads Denver to a winning Season and possibly a playoff berth.

Football season is soooooo much more enjoyable when your team doesn't completely blow.

Oh I agree it is so much fun to watch these past weeks. I can only hope this young team and their young Qb keep improving and winning games

slim
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Note to Mike McCoy: stop running the ball on third and long.

Nomad
11-28-2011, 10:18 AM

BRONCOS usually has a tough game against the Vikings. I would consider this game a toss up being on the road and an early game.

catfish
11-28-2011, 10:27 AM
I'll have to rewatch this evening to see if I have some of the plays out of order in my head. I know Vic Lombardi and some of the others on Twitter during the game were referring to 2 drops in first 4. Can't remember where the Jeramiah Johnson drop was, but I think later in the game.

The DT drop was low & away, no question, but I don't consider that a terrible throw. The low and away ball is a staple in the NFL. His was a little too low & away, but typically you hear things like "he put it where only the WR could make a play" by analysts on throws like that.

Unfortunately, we have a very young and inexperienced receiving corp right now that aren't making the grabs that vet receiving corps get.

I think you are think the Johnson and Royal drops.....from what I can recall the 1st pass hit thomas on the feet and the pass to decker was close, but not close enough to be a drop and was defended well. There was also A PI that didn't get called on a deep ball to decker that even the announcers were calling out the ref on

tomjonesrocks
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Am quite pleased of course but am growing concerned with the punishment Tebow is taking out there. Watching him run guys over like Hillis is great but it seems like he is taking a lot of hits.

Mix in a couple more slides, Tim...

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I think you are think the Johnson and Royal drops.....from what I can recall the 1st pass hit thomas on the feet and the pass to decker was close, but not close enough to be a drop and was defended well. There was also A PI that didn't get called on a deep ball to decker that even the announcers were calling out the ref on

that PI pissed me off so much :mad::mad::mad:

NightTerror218
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Am quite pleased of course but am growing concerned with the punishment Tebow is taking out there. Watching him run guys over like Hillis is great but it seems like he is taking a lot of hits.

Mix in a couple more slides, Tim...

I saw only a couple big hits. 1 Tim got 1st down and barely was in bounds when hit hard.

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
he might stay away from Montana then

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM

:confused:

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
His 1st 2 passes were not very good. The announcers said Decker had his hands on the second one but it was Weddle who had hands

I have been skeptical of Tebow. However I have seen a lot of improvement over the last few weeks and if the running game is working this well no reason to turn the young QB into a gunslinger. Every QB misses passes. In the 2nd half Tebow made some great passes that seem to be coming more often than they did early.

I absolutely love that he is not turning the ball over.

I still give the defense most of the credit for our wins. How did we go from a terrible defense for years into a defense that is keeping us in games against everybody?

On a side note the OL was great yesterday. Tebow had all day on a few of those plays.
3man rushes tend to do that. Thanks Norv.

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
BRONCOS usually has a tough game against the Vikings. I would consider this game a toss up being on the road and an early game.
Clady had no holding calls yesterday....FINALLY!
But next week, Cowboy Allen is going to be his biggest test of the year.
It will be a fight.

dogfish
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
"It was ball, and it was juice."

Tned
11-29-2011, 10:25 AM
I understand what you mean by tendencies but being realistic, i think right now Denver is just playing it close to the belt. Had SD jumped out too a 17-0 the gameplan may have changed somewhat but when its only 10-7 or 13-7 there's just no reason to deviate from the gameplan. You just cant afford to panic and put the team in a position where you have a guy like Hanie throw 3 picks and cost you a ballgame.

Yea, it's a fine line.

They're using him a lot like Big Ben was used his rookie year, where most games he was in the 18-22 attempt range.

HammeredOut
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
We watched Elway win a ton of games with some of the best defenses in the League. Might aswell give the kid a chance.