PDA

View Full Version : Movies that make you cry..

West
01-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Didn't see a thread like this posted...

Click - Though it wasn't the best movie in the entire world.. It still made me have a few tears roll down my face.

John Q - One of my all time favorites. I love Denzel Washington. But me and my dad have a really strong bond (as should every father and son) and I guess picturing my dad do this stuff for me kinda got me emotional..

A Time to Kill - It would have made me cry if I had a daughter. What a powerful scene at the end with Matthew McConahey. Really puts things in perspective.

SR
01-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Click, Braveheart, Gladiator do it for me.

BroncoBJ
01-19-2009, 04:24 AM
I didn't know anything could make you cry West. :eek: :P

And John Q is a great movie. I remember it had me sad. Damn.. I havn't seen that in a while.
I saw a movie recently called " Gran Torino"
That I thought was pretty sad.

I don't know... I'll think of more later I guess.

Kapaibro
01-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Mask - starring Cher and Eric Stoltz
A Time To Kill - gut wrenching stuff
Serenity - laugh and cry, but when you do cry...damn

West
01-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Click, Braveheart, Gladiator do it for me.

Gladiator? Really? What part of that movie made you tear up?

claymore
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Didn't see a thread like this posted...

Click - Though it wasn't the best movie in the entire world.. It still made me have a few tears roll down my face.

John Q - One of my all time favorites. I love Denzel Washington. But me and my dad have a really strong bond (as should every father and son) and I guess picturing my dad do this stuff for me kinda got me emotional..

A Time to Kill - It would have made me cry if I had a daughter. What a powerful scene at the end with Matthew McConahey. Really puts things in perspective.

HFS, I thought I was the only wussy to cry for click!

Um Lonesome dove..... is the only other one I can think of.

West
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
HFS, I thought I was the only wussy to cry for click!

Um Lonesome dove..... is the only other one I can think of.

Nah man... That part where he dies made me cry like a little girl. :shocked:

I haven't seen Lonesome Dove in forever.. Good movie.

girler
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Benjamin Button totally took me by surprise and made me cry. I hate that! I was so mad. :mad:

Prince of Egypt can always make me cry- Never show that movie to a pregnant woman!!! :Cry:

aberdien
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
I can't say i've ever cried during a movie, but i've come really close. E.T. when I first saw it last year made me come close, and so did Benjamin Button.

Oh and The Green Mile. That is a SAD movie.

underrated29
01-19-2009, 01:28 PM
braveheart is my fav movie.

Armageddon.- That one will get some drops ready.

shank
01-19-2009, 01:38 PM
armageddon gets me too. i've seen click, but don't remember sad... maybe i'll watch again soon and update...

West
01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm a little reluctant to post this one but My Dog Skip brings tears to my eyes. I'm an avid dog lover and I couldn't imagine if that happened to my dog.

:shocked:

gnomeflinger
01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Dead Poets Society, P.S. I Love You, Marley and Me

claymore
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm a little reluctant to post this one but My Dog Skip brings tears to my eyes. I'm an avid dog lover and I couldn't imagine if that happened to my dog.

:shocked:

Thats a good movie. I didnt cry, but its a good movie.

Broncospsycho77
01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not seeing Marley and Me because I know my eyes will get watery. Unless it's not the dog that gets hurt; I won't cry if the dog is fine.

shank
01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
for the dog reason, i am legend caused me some duct leakage.

West
01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
for the dog reason, i am legend caused me some duct leakage.

Not me. i don't know why.. A dog dying usually does it for me. Maybe it was cause there wasn't that much emphasis on the dog.

Zweems56
01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I dont really cry because of movies, but one move that got a lump in my throat that I can think of is the patriot. I was just talking to a friend about it the other day. When Gibson makes the charge with the american flag, i get that lump in my throat every time.

West
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
I dont really cry because of movies, but one move that got a lump in my throat that I can think of is the patriot. I was just talking to a friend about it the other day. When Gibson makes the charge with the american flag, i get that lump in my throat every time.

Are you military?

SBboundBRONCOS
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Not me. i don't know why.. I dog dying usually does it for me. Maybe it was cause there wasn't that much emphasis on the dog.

lol me too :laugh:

i hate when dogs get killed or hurt in movies :mad:

gnomeflinger
01-19-2009, 02:42 PM
The end of 300 made me cry the first time I saw it. Why? Because the last words Leonidas said were his love to his wife.

West
01-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Blah... Thats so cliche, gnomey.

Zweems56
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Are you military?

No. Fear and respect of and for my parents and good grades kept me out. I'm not too old, but I have a good secure job.

gnomeflinger
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Blah... Thats so cliche, gnomey.

Females have more liberties in crying over movies than males do. :coffee:

underrated29
01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
so you dog people, what do you think about the movie Anchorman. When Jack black punts will ferrells dog.

West
01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
No. Fear and respect of and for my parents and good grades kept me out. I'm not too old, but I have a good secure job.

Oh. I was just asking cause thats really the only reason I see someone crying in that movie, no offense.

gnomeflinger
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
so you dog people, what do you think about the movie Anchorman. When Jack black punts will ferrells dog.

That reminds me of this candid camera type show that used to be on. It was based in Canada. I forget the name of it now. Anyway, there was a clip where peeps stopped at an intersection had to wait until their dog got out of the way, and the dog wasn't moving, so it just made them frustrated. Then you see this dog flying in the air with a squeak. The show peeps replaced a fake dog for the tossing. It was great.

Broncospsycho77
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM

I might have been the only guy in the theater who didn't laugh at that scene. Didn't cry though.

You know I don't speak Spanish!

SR
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Gladiator? Really? What part of that movie made you tear up?

The end when he's fighting Joaquin Phoenix and dies after he kills him.

gnomeflinger
01-19-2009, 04:54 PM
What about movies that made you cry with laughter?

SR
01-19-2009, 04:56 PM
so you dog people, what do you think about the movie anchorman. When jack black punts will ferrells dog.

lmao! Baxxxttteeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

West
01-19-2009, 05:54 PM
The end when he's fighting Joaquin Phoenix and dies after he kills him.

Hmmm. Don't really find that scene emotional. To each his own.

West
01-19-2009, 05:55 PM
What about movies that made you cry with laughter?

I've never cried from laughing so hard...

frauschieze
01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I can't say i've ever cried during a movie, but i've come really close. E.T. when I first saw it last year made me come close, and so did Benjamin Button.

Oh and The Green Mile. That is a SAD movie.

Oh man....I watched The Green Mile at a friend's house with one of her cousins who was visiting from out of town. Her brother had been in an electrocution accident and died. That made it extra sad.

gnomeflinger
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I've never cried from laughing so hard...

Never? Never ever ever never ever? Dude! That's something that everyone has to experience at least once in their life.

West
01-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Never? Never ever ever never ever? Dude! That's something that everyone has to experience at least once in their life.

Welp, I got a long way to go so I have time. :beer:

Zweems56
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Welp, I got a long way to go so I have time. :beer:

http://www.megacalendars.com/images/1097360734453__Bloom_Pirates_Of_The_Caribean__2984 .jpg

Whelp?

West
01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.megacalendars.com/images/1097360734453__Bloom_Pirates_Of_The_Caribean__2984 .jpg

Whelp?

As in Lloyd Christmas, "Welp, see ya later".

:beer:

Zweems56
01-19-2009, 10:56 PM
As in Lloyd Christmas, "Welp, see ya later".

:beer:

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/the_lord_of_the_rings__the_return_of_the_king/_group_photos/orlando_bloom31.jpg

Whelp.

West
01-19-2009, 11:01 PM
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/the_lord_of_the_rings__the_return_of_the_king/_group_photos/orlando_bloom31.jpg

Whelp.

:confused:

Zweems56
01-19-2009, 11:05 PM
:confused:

http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gay_orlando/images/orlandobloom2.jpg

Whelp??

West
01-19-2009, 11:10 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gay_orlando/images/orlandobloom2.jpg

Whelp??

Is the 'h' really that big of a deal?

And why the F are you showing me a picture of Orlando Bloom?

shank
01-19-2009, 11:16 PM
whoa, big gulps huh? alright!...

West
01-19-2009, 11:18 PM
whoa, big gulps huh? alright!...

Its okay.. I'M A LIMO DRIVER.

honz
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Sampsonsite! I knew it started with an 'S'!

Magnificent Seven
01-19-2009, 11:38 PM
E.T. - Saying good bye to each other.

Brain's Song. -Sad story.

West
01-19-2009, 11:41 PM

My dad always cries while watching Brian's Song. Titty baby. (him not you.)

MasterShake
01-19-2009, 11:44 PM
"Ghost" was pretty sad, then there are the ones based off books like "Of Mice and Men" and "Where the Red Fern Grows".

One movie that always gets me is "Schindler's List", especially the part at the end with the gravesite.

broncophan
01-25-2009, 08:30 AM
"The Champ"..............with Rickey Schroeder/Jon Voight........

If you watch this movie and do not cry............you have no heart.....imo.:D

dogfish
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
only one i can think of off the top of my head is hotel rwanda. . . .

topscribe
01-25-2009, 04:48 PM
It's not easy to make me cry during a movie. But one did, big time, in an
entirely different way.

In the early part of Saving Private Ryan, the scene was of the troops trying
to land in the D-Day invasion. The stark realism, bullets flying like a swarm of
Africanized honey bees, explosions all around, bodies and body parts flying out
of the water, soldiers drowning . . . the shock just overwhelmed me. All the
sudden, the reality of the tragedy of war hit me (I never served in wartime),
and I busted out bawling like a baby.

What's more, I watched the movie again sometime later, and I still did it.

I can't say it was an enjoyable movie for me. But I did learn from it.

-----

KCL
01-25-2009, 05:32 PM
I watched Tombstone last night.It is one of my favorite movies.The scene towards the end when Wyatt goes to visit Doc in the hospital before he dies always makes me teary eyed.

Arkansas Bronco
01-25-2009, 05:43 PM
First time I seen Secondhand Lions is the only one that comes to mind. Rudy every once in a while. I know I cried on where a red furn grows but I seen it when I was 10 and havnt seen it again. Nothing against it but it just never comes on TV. Also if a movie that has something terrible happening to kids I will get emotional and its usually anger but some times its pain (I guess becoming a parent did this to me)

Timmy!
01-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Debbie Does Dallas.

Dreadnought
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Weird that this thread would show up now. It happened to me this weekend for the first time. "West Side Story"; my Mom's last request the night she died was to watch it once more. She did. My wife and I were discussing our parents deaths this weekend, and my daughter came into the room as I was mentioning the movie. She asked what "West Side Story" was like and I told her. She wanted to watch it, in part because she is fascinated with stories of my Mom, who she is named after but who died the year before she was born. We got the movie and watched it. Nancy loved the movie

I totally lost it, worse than even Mom's funeral 8 years ago now. Amazing how that can pop up by surprise when you aren't prepared for it. Nancy got very concerned, because she has never seen me like that, but I guess it does no harm to see Dadddy as a human from time to time

topscribe
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM

Yes, I totally forgot about Brian's Song. James Caan put up one of the greatest
acting performances I have ever seen. That did bring the tears. I guess that it
was a true story had a lot to do with that.

-----

Thnikkaman
01-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Click made me cry as well.

Other than that, the only other movie that I remember making me cry recently was Miracle.

Bozo Jr.
01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Somewhere in Time

gnomeflinger
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Somewhere in Time

Ugh... that one is a tear jerker.

skycoyote
01-26-2009, 11:50 PM
NFL Films: 2008 Denver Broncos vs New England Patriots.

Magnificent Seven
02-21-2010, 10:34 PM
E.T.

At the end, it made me cry.

atwater27
02-22-2010, 02:05 AM
It's not easy to make me cry during a movie. But one did, big time, in an
entirely different way.

In the early part of Saving Private Ryan, the scene was of the troops trying
to land in the D-Day invasion. The stark realism, bullets flying like a swarm of
Africanized honey bees, explosions all around, bodies and body parts flying out
of the water, soldiers drowning . . . the shock just overwhelmed me. All the
sudden, the reality of the tragedy of war hit me (I never served in wartime),
and I busted out bawling like a baby.

What's more, I watched the movie again sometime later, and I still did it.

I can't say it was an enjoyable movie for me. But I did learn from it.

-----I was working in a movie theater when that movie came out. I saw elderly veterans wearing their pins and badges stumble out of the theater crying. It was amazing and sobering.

atwater27
02-22-2010, 02:18 AM
I got a rule with tearjerkers.... I never see them twice, no matter how good.

What Dreams May Come...intense movie, tore me up.

The English Patient..... The tragedy of the chick dying alone in the dark in the cave while he frantically searched for help was horrible to watch.

Artificial Intelligence... All the poor little robot wanted was his momma to love him...:(

sneakers
02-22-2010, 07:04 AM
I saw "The Lovely Bones" in theatres, that movie is crazy sad, they actually did a pretty good job in the movie as they did in the book, which is rare.

edit: Also, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, a beautiful movie, my favorite of all time,

Thnikkaman
02-22-2010, 10:12 AM
The Time Traveler's Wife made me cry.

weazel
03-01-2010, 05:15 PM
pussies!

LOL

T.K.O.
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
The Time Traveler's Wife made me cry.

me too...but only because i wasted 107 minutes watching it !
but some people thought it was a great movie ?
to each his own i guess

MileHighCrew
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Sex in the City 2 when my wife got excited and called me at work today. I can't stand the idea of another one of those movies.