PDA

View Full Version : Packers, Capers reach agreement on deal

fcspikeit
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Packers, Capers reach agreement on deal (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/37807024.html)

"Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy's new defensive coordinator will be Dom Capers.

A source familiar with the search process said Sunday night that McCarthy and Capers had reached an agreement on a deal that would bring the longtime defensive coordinator and former head coach to Green Bay."

I know this isn't Broncos news but we have been talking about landing him so I thought I would pass it along... I felt everyone would have a better chance of seeing it here.

Ziggy
01-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Great move for Green Bay. I would have loved to have seen Capers here in some capacity.

Shazam!
01-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Damn.

TXBRONC
01-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I have no doubt that the only way Capers would have joined the Broncos coaching staff is if he is hired as assistant head coach of the defense.

Fan in Exile
01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
I have no doubt that the only way Capers joins the Broncos coaching staff is if he is hired as assistant head coach of the defense.

I have no doubt that he isn't joining our staff in any capacity.

LRtagger
01-19-2009, 09:14 AM
GB lucked out there...we pulled Nolan out from under them and they get Capers instead. They got the better deal out of that IMO.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 09:50 AM
GB lucked out there...we pulled Nolan out from under them and they get Capers instead. They got the better deal out of that IMO.

I dont know that I'd agree with that.

tomjonesrocks
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
That sucks...

TXBRONC
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I have no doubt that he isn't joining our staff in any capacity.

I meant to say would have joined.

TXBRONC
01-19-2009, 10:56 AM

Nolan is no slouch.

LRtagger
01-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I would have preferred Capers.

TXBRONC
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I would have preferred Capers.

I understand so would have I but Nolan is still more than likely a vast improvement over Slowik.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I like Capers amd what he brings, but I think Nolan is every bit as qualified.

G_Money
01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I preferred Capers to Nolan, but that isn't a knock on Nolan so much as a mega-endorsement of Capers. Nolan can do very well here.

Do we know who the DL coach is yet? Nolan and Donatell seems like an intriguing two-man staff, and Nolan knows LBs, but our DL coach is gonna have to be the guy to teach our guys, especially the brand new guys we're gonna add, how to do their jobs correctly.

Something the last guy was not doing.

~G

LRtagger
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I like Capers amd what he brings, but I think Nolan is every bit as qualified.

It wasnt as much of a knock on Nolan as it was praise of Capers. I just think GB got the better end of the deal and ended up with the coach I would have preferred.

Obviously Nolan is still a qualified DC and hopefully will make the D better than it has been in recent memory.

TXBRONC
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I can understand the endorsement, Capers can he has built quality defenses from scratch. I don't think Nolan can say that built a defense from scratch but at least he as enough on his resume to say he's an accomplished defensive coordinator.

Dirk
01-19-2009, 01:08 PM
I understand so would have I but Nolan is still more than likely a vast improvement over Slowik.

You receive the UNDERSTATEMENT of the YEAR award!! :beer::lol::lol: