PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall meet Larry Fitzgerald!

Greatspirits
01-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Take all his game films especially these playoffs and study, study, study. :confused: Thats how you perform in the big games!!

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is arguably the best WR in the NFL at the moment.

That's no slight to Marshall, or Royal, or any other WR in the least. I think Fitzgerald is playing as well as any WR ever has in the game during these playoffs.

Magnificent Seven
01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Compare to Jerry Rice!

lewik
01-18-2009, 11:53 PM
He's the only WR I've seen who's physical tools can compare to Moss', back when Moss was young.

Greatspirits
01-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Fitz has been an absolute beast these playoffs, I think he did break some of Jerrys playoff records.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Fitzgerald is the best WR in the history of the game in terms of going up and catching the ball at it's highest point. The dude just attacks the ball in the air.

UnderArmour
01-19-2009, 12:07 AM
He had the privilege of taking notes as a ball boy for the Vikings. Fitzgerald's play is truly Chris Carter meets Randy Moss.

SR
01-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Fitz is a man among boys on the football field. He broke the record for most receiving yards in the playoffs and I think for most TD catches in the playoffs. The dude still has one more game to play and I'll bet he catches for at least 100 yards and a TD against Pitt. The best corner in history couldn't stop Fitz.

Lonestar
01-19-2009, 01:00 AM
I think AZ has the two best in the NFL and Even better than Brandon and Eddie.. so that is speaking volumes yes Brandon does need to take lessons from him and study his every move.. NO DOUBT..

Hopefully his injury this past spring will be completely healed and he can improve on his game this coming spring through fall..

D1g1tal j1m
01-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I love how Fitz goes after the ball, but give a lot of credit to Warner for getting the ball out quick at to spots only Fitz can get it. With his quick release and Fitz's sharp cuts and breaks in his routes the DB have no shot at turning their heads to find the ball.
Warner is really showing that he is still an elite QB. Helps to have a demon out there at WR but they both make each other so much better.

SR
01-19-2009, 01:03 AM
The Cardinals' threesome of WRs (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston) is the best combination of wide outs in the league, period. All three of them caught at least 75 balls and all three of them had at least 1k yards. That being said, Fitz is in a league of his own. The only WR in the NFL that comes close to Fitz is Andre Johnson with Houston.

gobroncsnv
01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
It was truly amazing to see how the Cards could attack the Eagles' vaunted defense... This was absolutely a case of skill beats scheme, many times it goes the other way, but not today. Fitz is just a gifted athlete, with the ability to out-physical any kind of coverage Philly threw at him. I was impressed.
I'm also wondering how the Cards are going to patch things up with Boldin, because you could see on the sidelines that he wasn't feeling the love from the play-calling. They have a problem on their hands, and my bet is that Boldin will ask to be traded. Just a gut thing... not often you see a player needing to be restrained by his own mates from going upside the OC's head. The Boldster has talent, but he needs to work on the brain part, because the Cards could USE him if they plan to be the Steelers. Hoping he can get it together for just one more game.

omac
01-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Fitzgerald is just incredible this season, specially during the playoffs. Moss was just such a man among boys last season, it looked ridiculous.

Can't wait to see how Brandon progresses. In only his 3rd year, he's already gone 2 years in a row with over 1200 receiving yards, and over 100 receptions, and made his 1st probowl.

Our young guys on offense are progressing so fast ... way ahead of the curve. We definitely know we had the best coaches for that side of the ball. Looking forward to even better things with Doogie! :cheers:

LRtagger
01-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Fitz has been a beast for years now...people are just noticing because this is the first real national exposure he has had and he has put on a show. He has always been this good.

Nomad
01-19-2009, 09:35 AM
The way I understand, his character off the field is just as good as his play on the field! A lesson Marshall could learn from Fitzgerald!

omac
01-19-2009, 09:41 AM
The way I understand, his character off the field is just as good as his play on the field! A lesson Marshall could learn from Fitzgerald!

I thought Marshall already learned that lesson. He's been a pretty good citizen for a while now after he's put the issue with the girl behind him.

BroncoWave
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Larry Fitzgerald is arguably the best WR in the NFL at the moment.

That's no slight to Marshall, or Royal, or any other WR in the least. I think Fitzgerald is playing as well as any WR ever has in the game during these playoffs.

Arguably? I really don't see how anyone else could be argued at this point. Fitzgerald is hands down the best WR in the NFL right now.

Now I haven't been watching football nearly as long as some of you but as far as I'm concerned, I can't think of a WR that I've ever seen play who is better. If he stays healthy, he will waltz into Canton.

G_Money
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Fitzgerald is so good Boldin plays second-fiddle to him.

And Boldin should play second-fiddle to almost no one.

I'm happy for Larry that people are finally seeing just how good he is. He's been an amazing talent since the day he entered the league, and folks other than Cardinals fans should recognize it.

~G

atwater27
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
He's the only WR I've seen who's physical tools can compare to Moss', back when Moss was young.

Except he could kick the hell out of Moss.

turftoad
01-19-2009, 11:38 AM
I love Fitz, he's a beast.
The question has to be asked though. How many balls would he see if it was Leinert at QB instead of Warner??
Warner gets Fitz and the rest of the WR's on that team the ball and isn't afraid to lay it out there for Fitz for him to go get.
I think his #s decline once Warner is gone. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't make Fitz any less, just the guy who delivers the ball.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Arizona is going to pass the ball regardless of who is there, but yeah -- I don't think Leinart will help the matters of those guys.

MOtorboat
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Arizona is going to pass the ball regardless of who is there, but yeah -- I don't think Leinart will help the matters of those guys.

Not with the noodle of an arm he comes with...I think Turf is probably right.

MOtorboat
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Leinart would have never got the ball to Fitzgerald on the trick play touchdown. Never.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
So you're saying Lelie would have been deadly with the Cutlah?

MOtorboat
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
So you're saying Lelie would have been deadly with the Cutlah?

Are you comparing Lelie to Fitzgerald?

Bad Cicero. Bad.

Time for a turn in the corner.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
No, I'm talking about skilled receivers who may or may not benefit from having quarterbacks who lack the necessary tools to succeed at the NFL. Undoubtedly, Fitzgerald is the elite talent at WR in the NFL, but I was just wondering if that argument goes for other receivers as well; with the weak arms impacting targets and overall performance.

Not to try and down play the achievements of Eddie and Brandon this year, but when you throw the ball that much and you have that many targets -- you should be catching that many balls. I'd like to think almost anyone in our line-up this year could have done that, as long as they had an inkling of talent.

MOtorboat
01-19-2009, 11:50 AM
No, I'm talking about skilled receivers who may or may not benefit from having quarterbacks who lack the necessary tools to succeed at the NFL. Undoubtedly, Fitzgerald is the elite talent at WR in the NFL, but I was just wondering if that argument goes for other receivers as well; with the weak arms impacting targets and overall performance.

Not to try and down play the achievements of Eddie and Brandon this year, but when you throw the ball that much and you have that many targets -- you should be catching that many balls. I'd like to think almost anyone in our line-up this year could have done that, as long as they had an inkling of talent.

He would have been better. Especially since about the only route he could successfully run was that deep route off the bootleg...so, to summarize, yes, I think Lelie would have been more productive in Denver with Jay...

turftoad
01-19-2009, 11:52 AM

System and QB make a big diff. Look at Randy Moss, he was awesome in Minn, crappy in Oakland then awesome again in NE. This is just one example, there are many.
Oh, it's not all about rather they succeed or not, i thinks it's more about how succeesful they are and become.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Okay, I was just curious. Back to da real talk now.

MOtorboat
01-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Okay, I was just curious. Back to da real talk now.

Larry Fitzgerald = Stud.

turftoad
01-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Larry Fitzgerald = Stud.

Yes he is. One of the reasons this game of football is so much to watch. :salute:

Medford Bronco
01-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Warner as some have said deserves a lot of the credit as well for getting him the ball.

He has done a great job this playoff year and for the most part this year as well.

elsid13
01-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Fitzgerald is in zone right now, but I don't think he is as good as Andre Johnson.
Plus Fitzgerald great getting the ball in the air, but after the catch I think Marshall is better runner and punishing football player.

BroncoWave
01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Fitzgerald is so good Boldin plays second-fiddle to him.

And Boldin should play second-fiddle to almost no one.

I'm happy for Larry that people are finally seeing just how good he is. He's been an amazing talent since the day he entered the league, and folks other than Cardinals fans should recognize it.

~G

Thanks to fantasy football and Sunday Ticket I've watched him play since he's been in the league and you are right that he's been a beast since he first stepped on to an NFL field. Hell I remember him tearing it up at Pitt. I'm happy for him that he finally has a shot a ring because he's one of those guys who deserves it. I hope they destroy the Squeelers.

BroncoWave
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Fitzgerald is in zone right now, but I don't think he is as good as Andre Johnson.
Plus Fitzgerald great getting the ball in the air, but after the catch I think Marshall is better runner and punishing football player.

I guess you could also argue Johnson but Marshall drops way too many passes to be mentioned with Fitz at this point. And half the time when Marshall tries to break tackles he winds up losing yards running side to side. I agree with the OP that Marshall would be well served to watch some Fitzgerald tape, because he has the tools to be every bit as good as him IMO.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM

I'll agree and I can appreciate Marshall's tenacity after the catch...until it creates fumbles. Sometimes you just have to know when to go down.

elsid13
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I'll agree and I can appreciate Marshall's tenacity after the catch...until it creates fumbles. Sometimes you just have to know when to go down.

Problem is that, you never know when that extra effort might be the game breaker. I rather risk the chance of fumble then not have Marshall go all out.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Problem is that, you never know when that extra effort might be the game breaker. I rather risk the chance of fumble then not have Marshall go all out.

I agree...but when 3 guys are hanging on you trying to strip the ball...the odds of you gaining any more yardage are slimmer than the impending turnover.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I remember him being awesome in Minneapolis as a ball boy.

Gamechanger
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Jerry Rice wears Larry Fitzgerald pajamas when he goes to sleep

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I didn't see many big, or punishing runs at all by Marshall this year. Obviously I know he's capable, but I need to see 'more' to consider him 'better' in that area.

NameUsedBefore
01-19-2009, 12:57 PM
He runs stupidly good routes and him dropping a pass is a rarity. Great thing is that you could make a case that Anquan Boldin is better which is why that duo is so damn dangerous.

Broncospsycho77
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Fitzgerald makes football fun to watch. He's an acrobat, a hustler (on his long TD catch yesterday, he ran faster than Warner's pass and had to go back), and takes full advantage of his physical gifts.

He catches it at the exact apex where he has the height advantage. You can't teach that, and that's not an understatement. You legitimately can't teach a WR to catch the ball at that point. Every. Single. Time.

It makes me jealous of Arizona with all of their talent, and it makes me jealous that Fitzgerald will reach the uppermost echelon of receivers in no time flat.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I didn't see many big, or punishing runs at all by Marshall this year. Obviously I know he's capable, but I need to see 'more' to consider him 'better' in that area.

Well, in his defense, you dont always get alot of opportunities to make a punishing run after the catch when you just caught a bubble screen or a 5 yard slant and there are 9 defenders in your face.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Fitzgerald makes football fun to watch. He's an acrobat, a hustler (on his long TD catch yesterday, he ran faster than Warner's pass and had to go back), and takes full advantage of his physical gifts.

He catches it at the exact apex where he has the height advantage. You can't teach that, and that's not an understatement. You legitimately can't teach a WR to catch the ball at that point. Every. Single. Time.

It makes me jealous of Arizona with all of their talent, and it makes me jealous that Fitzgerald will reach the uppermost echelon of receivers in no time flat.

If it makes you feel any better, would you have preferred to go through what Cardinals fans had to go through in order to get Fitzgerald and Boldin?

Broncospsycho77
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
If it makes you feel any better, would you have preferred to go through what Cardinals fans had to go through in order to get Fitzgerald and Boldin?

Hell no. Point taken.

NameUsedBefore
01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Hell no. Point taken.

C'mon. 50% chance of ending up as the Lions and having Calvin Johnson!

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, in his defense, you dont always get alot of opportunities to make a punishing run after the catch when you just caught a bubble screen or a 5 yard slant and there are 9 defenders in your face.

It's a good point. But I can't say he's one of the best in the NFl because he has had a handful of big runs. Every WR has had a handful of big runs. Boldin's considered one of the best at it because he does it every game.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
It's a good point. But I can't say he's one of the best in the NFl because he has had a handful of big runs. Every WR has had a handful of big runs. Boldin's considered one of the best at it because he does it every game.

I'm not calling him one of the best yet...just explaining why we havent seen many big runs

atwater27
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Fitz is a freak of nature like Calvin Johnson. Boldin doesn't have the size or the speed Fitz does but his wiggle, hands, instincts and intangibles make him every bit as good of a receiver.

Brandon Marshall? He is probably more muscular than either of them, is slower than both and wishes he had their sure hands. And he fumbles alot.

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Fortunately, we dont need Marshall and Royal to be clones of Fitz and Boldin. As long as they make the clutch catches when needed, we'll be just fine.

Arizona completely relies on their studs and sadly...if they dont win it all this year...it may be quite awhile before they get back.

Lonestar
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Fitz is a freak of nature like Calvin Johnson. Boldin doesn't have the size or the speed Fitz does but his wiggle, hands, instincts and intangibles make him every bit as good of a receiver.

Brandon Marshall? He is probably more muscular than either of them, is slower than both and wishes he had their sure hands. And he fumbles alot.

not sure that Marshall is more muscualr than Fitz is..

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
not sure that Marshall is more muscualr than Fitz is..

He may be bigger, but not nearly as cut

Medford Bronco
01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Fortunately, we dont need Marshall and Royal to be clones of Fitz and Boldin. As long as they make the clutch catches when needed, we'll be just fine.

Arizona completely relies on their studs and sadly...if they dont win it all this year...it may be quite awhile before they get back.

we need Jay to not thow as many picks and Marshall to secure the ball better
and our offense will be fine.

a healthy running game would help too. also some defense could help, heck Arizona starting playing some and look where they are now.

Slick
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
If you saw him play at Pitt, you knew he would shine in the NFL. There was no doubt in my mind. He attacks the ball every time it's thrown to him. That is his best quality. He simply wants it more than anyone else.

Lonestar
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
we need Jay to not thow as many picks and Marshall to secure the ball better
and our offense will be fine.

a healthy running game would help too. also some defense could help, heck Arizona starting playing some and look where they are now.

you have to admit that many of those throws to them were right on the money in stride and in a place that only they could make a play on them.. Something Jay has not quite mastered nor have the WR quite figured out how to get open..

should come with time..

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Right now, Jay likes to try to prove that he can hit a triple covered reciever 20 yards down field with a 90 mph fastball. He'll quickly learn that doesnt work

Lonestar
01-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Right now, Jay likes to try to prove that he can hit a triple covered reciever 20 yards down field with a 90 mph fastball. He'll quickly learn that doesnt work

if he does not he will be Jeff George Jr.. a coach killer..

CoachChaz
01-19-2009, 04:01 PM
if he does not he will be Jeff George Jr.. a coach killer..

I'll pray that McDaniels doesnt keep him around too long if he insists on making a living that way

scott.475
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I think Deion Sanders said it best when he said that Fitz is "Playing out of his mind". That freakin' guy, it is like he has multiple personality disorder. You see him in off-field interviews, and he looks and talks like he should be a college professor, then you see him on the field and think "Can that really be the same guy???" Kind of like Polamaulo, total freak-beast on the field, all soft spoken and subtle off the field. Watching Fitz break through double, and sometimes triple coverage like a rocket is amazing to see.

Mentioning Lelie and Fitz in the same thread is cause for kneecapping!

With Leinart at the helm, I am not even sure they smell the playoffs. He would be spending too much time checking out the ladies in the stands than focusing on the game.

Now that I brought him up, subject for another thread I suppose, but MAN do I wish we could score a Polamaulo grade safety in the draft.

SR
01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
I think Deion Sanders said it best when he said that Fitz is "Playing out of his mind". That freakin' guy, it is like he has multiple personality disorder. You see him in off-field interviews, and he looks and talks like he should be a college professor, then you see him on the field and think "Can that really be the same guy???" Kind of like Polamaulo, total freak-beast on the field, all soft spoken and subtle off the field. Watching Fitz break through double, and sometimes triple coverage like a rocket is amazing to see.

Fitz is a class act all the way around. He isn't a tool like guys like TO and Ocho Cinco. He plays with passion and intensity, but off the field he seems like a normal dude. I respect that kind of trait. He's a consummate professional.

Hawgdriver
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
He may be bigger, but not nearly as cut

He reminds me of this kid I used to lift with, 148# but squatted 600. You look at him as say, 'he's all bones and ropes' but then you see the bar bend in half and go up. Sometimes you can't tell how strong a guys is just by thickness.

broncofaninfla
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I'd say Fitz is the best in the NFL right now. Boldin is pretty good but that me first attitude makes me sick to my stomach. They are going to the Super Bowl and he is STILL b*tching! What a jerk!