PDA

View Full Version : John Fox a Tebow "believer"?

Davii
11-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Hey Tebois, John Fox knows more about Tebow than you do, and is a bigger (smarter) fan...

link to story (http://is.gd/zncJ4W)

Dapper Dan
11-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Woody said FEX. It's EFX. Doesn't Woody read the boards?
Fox said Tebow reminds him of Jake Delhomme. (Sad Face)

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Woody said FEX. It's EFX. Doesn't Woody read the boards?
Fox said Tebow reminds him of Jake Delhomme. (Sad Face)

I think he only meant in competitiveness. Delhomme was one of those guys who was a fiery leader and competitor. Sometimes it got him into trouble (INTs), sometimes he could will the Panthers to a win with it. Tebow is 10x the athlete that Delhomme was.

I have no doubt Tebow will get better as a passer, it will just take a little more time than some more "polished" guys. His development is stunted a little by the fact that we've catered the offense to his running strength, but it's not like he can't pass effectively. We've seen him use his arm as much as his legs in a few games (Houston, Miami, Oakland) to bring the team back for a win after falling behind.

Personally, I think our current formula is working just fine. Whatever it takes to win. We've rapidly become one of the teams nobody wants to play because we have a smash-mouth running game, an unpredictable and hard to contain QB, and a legitimately feared pass-rush. No matter how the season turns out, I'm having more fun as a Broncos fan now than I have since 2005 (our last trip to the AFCCG).

karnage
11-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I think he only meant in competitiveness. Delhomme was one of those guys who was a fiery leader and competitor. Sometimes it got him into trouble (INTs), sometimes he could will the Panthers to a win with it. Tebow is 10x the athlete that Delhomme was.

I have no doubt Tebow will get better as a passer, it will just take a little more time than some more "polished" guys. His development is stunted a little by the fact that we've catered the offense to his running strength, but it's not like he can't pass effectively. We've seen him use his arm as much as his legs in a few games (Houston, Miami, Oakland) to bring the team back for a win after falling behind.

Personally, I think our current formula is working just fine. Whatever it takes to win. We've rapidly become one of the teams nobody wants to play because we have a smash-mouth running game, an unpredictable and hard to contain QB, and a legitimately feared pass-rush. No matter how the season turns out, I'm having more fun as a Broncos fan now than I have since 2005 (our last trip to the AFCCG).

Great post man! Agree 100%

FlyByU
11-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Wow Woody pulling out the stats for his article today. Some make a lot of sense being they change the O in the final min's of every game. TT plays to a Shotgun Spread 2min style O and just marches down the field at will. Why not run this early and or maybe a whole game worth and only change if it doesn't work. So far it has worked every time they go to it.

pipes
11-27-2011, 08:59 AM

Very good post...however I believe that Tebow has been stunted more by the lockout than the offense. He didn't have the chance to get coached up in the offseason.

Due to this, I think the coaches came to the realization that they had to get him some playing time because this team had the look of the beginning stages of falling apart. Orton had to go, Tebow had to play - to shut people up. (btw, I think they did Quinn a favor by not playing him. If he would have played poorly, the fans would've boo'd him 10X worse than Orton did, which could basically ruin whatever slim chance he still has at obtaining a successful NFL career)

Then, after they saw TT throwing like crap for the better part of the games, they really said f it...and changed the playbook.

I think the real test for Tim will be this offseason. He will be the man, quite possibly the only QB on the roster for a time. He will HAVE to get better at every aspect of being an NFL QB! Also, they will probably draft a QB (early most likely) and sign a veteran.

This offseason will make or break Tim's Denver Bronco career, IMO.

catfish
11-27-2011, 09:24 AM
great post...not excusing the passing, but now I'm curious how many of throws in the dirt are intentional. I feel like the yelling about tebows passing wouldnt be there if those ground balls didnt happen

broncobryce
11-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm sure you won't see the haters in here. They won't even read the article. Too busy studying hoge's comments so they can restate them over and over.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

wayninja
11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Good article. It's just more grist for the mill that Tebow is held do a somewhat different standard in the media that actual coaches don't necessarily care about.

TT15Superman
11-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Not only are the "balls in the dirt" due to throw aways, but it might explain his throws to areas that only his receivers can catch...low and away...wide and outside.