PDA

View Full Version : Broncos defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley is making his presence felt

Denver Native (Carol)
11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
In the end, Brian Dawkins​ saw it coming. The 15-year veteran had gazed into the Broncos' future and predicted how it would all look.

Now, 10 games into the season, defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley is exactly what Dawkins said he would be: a powerful presence in the middle of the defense and "just a great, great dude to be around."

The Broncos' defense continues to steadily climb out of the statistical abyss that was 2010, when Denver finished at, or near, the bottom of the NFL rankings in virtually every defensive category. During the makeover, the Broncos re-signed Champ Bailey​, drafted linebacker Von Miller, got Elvis Dumervil​ back from injured reserve and, just as training camp opened, traded for Bunkley.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19415002

Agent of Orange
11-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks, Carol. I knew it would only be a matter of time before you'd have something to share about Bunkley.

Dean
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
The organization needs to use some of the millions they have under the cap to re-sign him to a long term deal along with Marcus Thomas.

Skacorica
11-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Hes been significantly better than I thought he would be. Im glad we are getting some sort of run stopping up front, its about time.

camdisco24
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Quietly one of our best additions this season. The Eagles are really missing him.

You know come to think of it, we've had a pretty good run of players coming to Denver after being ditched by the Eagles a few years too early.

Buckhalter: Nothing flashy, but he was certainly serviceable last year.
Dawkins: Such a leader and he's been a great addition to our D, even with his age.
Bunkley: Article speaks for itself. Great addition.

Idk if I've missed any, but not bad IMO.

dogfish
11-26-2011, 09:52 PM
The organization needs to use some of the millions they have under the cap to re-sign him to a long term deal along with Marcus Thomas.

^^ this ^^

his ability to hold the point of attack is probably the single biggest factor in our improved run defense-- doesn't do us much good if they don't re-sign the guy, though. . . i wish they'd get to work on an extension before he hits free agency. . . hopefully it'll get done at the end of the year-- unless he's played himself out of our price range. . . :tsk:

Davii
11-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Bunkley has quietly been one of the best additions to this team. In hindsight, the DT we were all pining for was put on the roster, we just didn't know it then.

rcsodak
11-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Contracts are froze til the end of the season. All they can offer him is 'their word'.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums