PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe how easily some Bronco fans fold ......

omac
10-08-2007, 09:32 AM
So we're having some major problems, mostly stemming from an extremely poor run defense that's affecting the other aspects of the team.

I see a lot of posts where the posters are just giving up, just accepting that we won't turn the corner on this season and get better, already looking at what high draft pick we can get. The season's far from over!!!!!

No confidence in the players, no confidence in the coaching staff ..... it's like we're cheering for a perenial bottom dwelling team like the Browns or the Raiders. Their frustrations I can understand, because they've been forced to endure disappointment for years.

But the Broncos have been a consistently winning team, with excellent coaches excellent players, and excellent support and direction from Bowlen. We've always had a great organization, and we always take risks to make the team better. So what's our excuse for acting like some Browns fans?

Bringing in Bates was a risk. Letting Portis go was a risk. Moving up in the draft to get Cutler was a risk. All risks done to continually improve the Broncos, so that they can challenge for the Superbowl. Never content on just maintaining the status quo.

Now there are setbacks ... so what?!?!?!? Sometimes in a fight, you have to take your lumps, and that's what Denver's doing. But I don't doubt that they'll continue fighting. They won't give up like the whole Raider team did last season. It's not in their character; it's not in their DNA.

I say rant if you want; get pissed, do everything else, but don't just accept that Denver will be a bottom dweller this season. Keep on fighting, otherwise just be like that Browns fan who came here to talk smack, who had a comeback like "well, we were expected to lose to New England"; the guy just dissed his team, and he didn't know it. :D He's already been conditioned to believe his team sucks and will forever suck. I don't ever want to get to the point where we are EXPECTED to lose against any team, even the best in the league.

I'm still expecting Denver to turn the corner; I hope more of you do the same. And if we still suck, then we suck.

:EndRant:

Requiem / The Dagda
10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah? I'm still hoping Denver turns the corner too. It could be the corner that leads us to win the division, or the corner that leads us to a top ten draft selection. Either way, I'm probably pleased. I'll take the top ten draft pick though right now, since there's absolutely no way we're winning anything this year. We suck.

lex
10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Just so you know, the thread about the #1 pick addressed two scenarios: 7-9 or having the #1 pick. It never asked whether youd prefer to get the #1 pick than go 9-7. It was purposely set against 7-9 because thats the best losing record you can have. Some feel losing is losing. It wasnt even asking, whether youd rather win than lose. It was more what if and addressing this doesnt mean you want Denver to lose this year. Its possible to delve in hypotheticals without it meaning thats what you want. Just thought Id point that out.

omac
10-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Just so you know, the thread about the #1 pick addressed two scenarios: 7-9 or having the #1 pick. It never asked whether youd prefer to get the #1 pick than go 9-7. It was purposely set against 7-9 because thats the best losing record you can have. Some feel losing is losing. It wasnt even asking, whether youd rather win than lose. It was more what if and addressing this doesnt mean you want Denver to lose this year. Its possible to delve in hypotheticals without it meaning thats what you want. Just thought Id point that out.

I know what you were saying in your post, and that's cool.

I just see a lot of random posts in a thread where you know the posters have given up. That's their choice, really, but I don't get how easily it seems for them to be resigned to it.

SmithOverTO
10-08-2007, 09:44 AM
If this was an away divisional loss...I would agree completely. Sometimes you just run into a buzz saw away from home, but we lost in horrendous fashion at home.

I dont care what anyone says: Super Bowl contenders dont lose by 38 at home. Even the Detroit Lions, a team that seems to be dancing on the pit of mediocrity, are undefeated at home. Yes, you can argue the quality of opponents but the NFL is geared around homefield advantage and taking it. We havent done that for nearly an entire homeside worth of games.

Twice the San Diego Chargers have come in and flattened us. Never mind, a Jaguars team that came in and physically smashed us.

The Rockies have never tought me to give up on a season, but I can honestly say I havent been so discouraged since the 2003 loss to the Bears at home. And that was even a close game for 3.5 quarters.

I love the direction the offense is going --without the turnovers we could have scored 21 points easily--and the defense has some brightspots but the bottom line is that the defense is mostly old, mostly creaky, and one bad game from falling completely apart. Thank goodness for bye weaks.

omac
10-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah? I'm still hoping Denver turns the corner too. It could be the corner that leads us to win the division, or the corner that leads us to a top ten draft selection. Either way, I'm probably pleased. I'll take the top ten draft pick though right now, since there's absolutely no way we're winning anything this year. We suck.

We suck now. We might not suck later.

omac
10-08-2007, 09:54 AM
If this was an away divisional loss...I would agree completely. Sometimes you just run into a buzz saw away from home, but we lost in horrendous fashion at home.

I dont care what anyone says: Super Bowl contenders dont lose by 38 at home. Even the Detroit Lions, a team that seems to be dancing on the pit of mediocrity, are undefeated at home. Yes, you can argue the quality of opponents but the NFL is geared around homefield advantage and taking it. We havent done that for nearly an entire homeside worth of games.

Twice the San Diego Chargers have come in and flattened us. Never mind, a Jaguars team that came in and physically smashed us.

The Rockies have never tought me to give up on a season, but I can honestly say I havent been so discouraged since the 2003 loss to the Bears at home. And that was even a close game for 3.5 quarters.

I love the direction the offense is going --without the turnovers we could have scored 21 points easily--and the defense has some brightspots but the bottom line is that the defense is mostly old, mostly creaky, and one bad game from falling completely apart. Thank goodness for bye weaks.

Our run defense really sucks now. It's preventing us from becoming contenders, and making other teams look like high powered offenses against us.

Regarding Jacksonville, though; they are a much better team this season than most people will give them credit for. What they did to us ... the exact same things ... stopping the run game, mixing up their runs and passes with misdirection ... they did to Kansas City. The same KC that previously trounced SD. Jacksonville limited our rushing to about 50 yards, but they limited KC to about 20 yards, and almost pitched a shutout against them. Their only loss is to a very good rushing / good defensive team ... Tennessee. They're contenders.

One bad game from falling apart? .... uh, I think that just happened, so no need to worry about that anymore. :laugh:

Yes, the bye week is a great break. :beer:

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 10:08 AM
So we're having some major problems, mostly stemming from an extremely poor run defense that's affecting the other aspects of the team.

I see a lot of posts where the posters are just giving up, just accepting that we won't turn the corner on this season and get better, already looking at what high draft pick we can get. The season's far from over!!!!!

No confidence in the players, no confidence in the coaching staff ..... it's like we're cheering for a perenial bottom dwelling team like the Browns or the Raiders. Their frustrations I can understand, because they've been forced to endure disappointment for years.

But the Broncos have been a consistently winning team, with excellent coaches excellent players, and excellent support and direction from Bowlen. We've always had a great organization, and we always take risks to make the team better. So what's our excuse for acting like some Browns fans?

Bringing in Bates was a risk. Letting Portis go was a risk. Moving up in the draft to get Cutler was a risk. All risks done to continually improve the Broncos, so that they can challenge for the Superbowl. Never content on just maintaining the status quo.

Now there are setbacks ... so what?!?!?!? Sometimes in a fight, you have to take your lumps, and that's what Denver's doing. But I don't doubt that they'll continue fighting. They won't give up like the whole Raider team did last season. It's not in their character; it's not in their DNA.

I say rant if you want; get pissed, do everything else, but don't just accept that Denver will be a bottom dweller this season. Keep on fighting, otherwise just be like that Browns fan who came here to talk smack, who had a comeback like "well, we were expected to lose to New England"; the guy just dissed his team, and he didn't know it. :D He's already been conditioned to believe his team sucks and will forever suck. I don't ever want to get to the point where we are EXPECTED to lose against any team, even the best in the league.

I'm still expecting Denver to turn the corner; I hope more of you do the same. And if we still suck, then we suck.

:EndRant:

oh great, another "i'm a better fan than you because i have utmost confidence in the team and you don't" thread. this new board is slowly becoming just like the old one!

Cleveland Rocks
10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
You better be happy you guys don't act like Browns fans.

Browns fans love their team and stick by them and are true fans.

You guys? Naw, you guys are just as bad as Bungles. Only there when your team is winning. Broncos lose? Nobody at the stadium - San Diego game is testiment to that.

(NOTE FOR MODERATORS; the poster who started this thread started talking TRASH about Browns fans, as a Browns fan I am entitled to respond to his TRASH, his filth)

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 10:32 AM

You guys? Naw, you guys are just as bad as Bungles. Only there when your team is winning. Broncos lose? Nobody at the stadium - San Diego game is testiment to that.

(NOTE FOR MODERATORS; the poster who started this thread started talking TRASH about Browns fans, as a Browns fan I am entitled to respond to his TRASH, his filth)

Charlie, if you get so pissed about people talking trash on the Browns then why do you post here? This is a BRONCOS board. No one here gives a rat's tail about the Browns. If you really want to discuss the Browns the other teams forum is a couple of forums down...

Cleveland Rocks
10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Charlie, if you get so pissed about people talking trash on the Browns then why do you post here?

I post here because I have friends that came to this board from B-mania and I am here to talk football - that's all I want. I don't want to talk smack, or trash. I just want to talk football - but certain people on this board push me into a corner and force my hand.

I hate this mentality that you all have towards me for being a Browns fan. This mentality that you all are soooo much better than me.

"So what's our excuse for acting like some Browns fans?"

I love my team and have for as long as I can remember. I originally joined B-mania to talk intelligent football with fans of another team. Not to talk smack and most definately not to talk trash. For all my faults, I have conviction, that's my strength. I've loved the Browns and never ceased through all sorts of problems. Not having the team, Butch Davis, Bottlegate, last Christmas. How many Bronco fans can say anything like that? On this board - 1 or 2. Topscribe. He was around when the Broncos were the laughing stock of the NFL and he lived through the 17 years of waiting for just a winning record. I'd like to stay on this board and talk intelligent football. When I first joined B-mania it was everything I wanted it to be. People being courteous and talking intelligent football. Before people saught me out to talk trash. I want it to be like that again. Talking intelligent football. That's what I'm waiting for. Not to have people on this board have this holier-than-thou aproach towards me.

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I post here because I have friends that came to this board from B-mania and I am here to talk football - that's all I want. I don't want to talk smack, or trash. I just want to talk football - but certain people on this board push me into a corner and force my hand.

I hate this mentality that you all have towards me for being a Browns fan. This mentality that you all are soooo much better than me.

I love my team and have for as long as I can remember. I originally joined B-mania to talk intelligent football with fans of another team. Not to talk smack and most definately not to talk trash. For all my faults, I have conviction, that's my strength. I've loved the Browns and never ceased through all sorts of problems. Not having the team, Butch Davis, Bottlegate, last Christmas. How many Bronco fans can say anything like that? On this board - 1 or 2. Topscribe. He was around when the Broncos were the laughing stock of the NFL and he lived through the 17 years of waiting for just a winning record. I'd like to stay on this board and talk intelligent football. When I first joined B-mania it was everything I wanted it to be. People being courteous and talking intelligent football. Before people saught me out to talk trash. I want it to be like that again. Talking intelligent football. That's what I'm waiting for. Not to have people on this board have this holier-than-thou aproach towards me.

But the person that started this thread said nothing about you at all. He was just trying to think of examples of bad teams and the Browns came to mind. It seems like every time someone talks trash about the Browns you take it as a personal insult and you respond as if they were directing at you. NEWSFLASH!! Everything isn't about you!!! Despite what you might think, most of the time people talk trash about the Browns, it has nothing to do with you, they just do it because the Browns are an easy target. If you didn't take every attack against the Browns so personally, people might be willing to have decent conversations with you but that's pretty hard to do when you are always so defensive.

Cleveland Rocks
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
But the person that started this thread said nothing about you at all. He was just trying to think of examples of bad teams and the Browns came to mind. It seems like every time someone talks trash about the Browns you take it as a personal insult and you respond as if they were directing at you. NEWSFLASH!! Everything isn't about you!!! Despite what you might think, most of the time people talk trash about the Browns, it has nothing to do with you, they just do it because the Browns are an easy target. If you didn't take every attack against the Browns so personally, people might be willing to have decent conversations with you but that's pretty hard to do when you are always so defensive.

He did make a personal insult directed at me.

Who on here is a Browns fan? Me

He made a generic statement directed at a group and that group includes me. It is a personal insult directed at me.

That being a Browns fan is in some way equivalent to being filth, trash. That he and all of you are somehow better than me.

If all you guys want is for me to leave, I will leave and not look back and while I'm gone you all can sit and gloat about how you are soooo much better than me.

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
He did make a personal insult directed at me.

Who on here is a Browns fan? Me

He made a generic statement directed at a group and that group includes me. It is a personal insult directed at me.

That being a Browns fan is in some way equivalent to being filth, trash. That he and all of you are somehow better than me.

If all you guys want is for me to leave, I will leave and not look back and while I'm gone you all can sit and gloat about how you are soooo much better than me.

It's not just that statement. You take every single negative thing said about the Browns as a personal insult. The fact that I don't like you has NOTHING to to with the fact that you are a Browns fan. I don't like you because you are always so whiny and defensive every time someone trashes your team. Maybe if you grew some thicker skin more people on here would like and respect you.

Cleveland Rocks
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
It's not just that statement. You take every single negative thing said about the Browns as a personal insult. The fact that I don't like you has NOTHING to to with the fact that you are a Browns fan. I don't like you because you are always so whiny and defensive every time someone trashes your team. Maybe if you grew some thicker skin more people on here would like and respect you.

If you all do not like how I react to your trash-talking, I recommend you all stop with the trash talking.

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 11:33 AM
If you all do not like how I react to your trash-talking, I recommend you all stop with the trash talking.

Nah, sometimes it's funny seeing you throw one of your hissy-fits!

Cleveland Rocks
10-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Well, the pleasure is all yours.

broncos9697
10-08-2007, 12:06 PM

I just see a lot of random posts in a thread where you know the posters have given up. That's their choice, really, but I don't get how easily it seems for them to be resigned to it.

so why not just throw the rest of the games as in lose the all and go for the top 3 spots in the draft...Sounds like a great plan.....is it against the rules i dont see it any where and how would the nfl prove it as long as they showed up and played..

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Its not giving up. Its reality.

I have not had a good feeling all year and think that this team could possibly be 0-5.. They were very lucky in games 1 and 2.

This clearly is not a good team. I love this team but i am not getting my hopes up for something that looks like a 100-1 longshot.

if they suprise me great, if not no sweat. Still disgusted they lost and HOPE they win, but clearly expect a 5-11 season. who are we gonna beat.

Sun 9/9 at Buffalo W 15-14
Sun 9/16 Oakland W 23-20
Sun 9/23 Jacksonville L 14-23
Sun 9/30 at Indianapolis L 20-38
Sun 10/7 San Diego L 3-41
bye
Sun 10/21 Pittsburgh 8:15 pm loss

Mon 10/29 Green Bay 8:30 pm loss
Sun 11/4 at Detroit 1:00 pm Maybe w
Sun 11/11 at Kansas City 1:00 pm never beat KC in KC L
Mon 11/19 Tennessee 8:30 pm loss
Sun 11/25 at Chicago 1:00 pm loss
Sun 12/2 at Oakland 4:05 pm maybe win
Sun 12/9 Kansas City 4:15 pm maybe win
Thu 12/13 at Houston 8:15 pm loss
Mon 12/24 at San Diego 8:00 pm loss
Sun 12/30 Minnesota 4:15 pm w

at best 6-10

In-com-plete
10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
....so I won't be dubbed "not a true fan".

Now I haven't given up. Or folded. I'm hoping we can turn it around. I hope Henry beats this suspension. Walker comes back better than ever. Champ's OK. The D tightens up.

But I'm realistic. Even if all that happens, everyone's gotta admit that we were fortunate to win those first 2 games. And I honestly don't think this team can turn it around.

So...I'm gonna be honest here. I'm pissed. With a capital P. Furious! This was a team that 14 months ago was "1 or 2 players away". A team that came off 3 consecutive 10+ win seasons. A team that was on it's way to the playoffs in 4 consecutive seasons for the first time ever in the history of the franchise. But now we're quite possibly the worst team in the division.

How the $%#@ did this happen? How did we go from the AFCCG to doormat of the west in such a short time? How did we go from 7-2 last year to 2-3 through 5 games this year? Anyone realize we're 4-8 the last 12 games? Anyone realize we're 2-6 the last 8 home games? You know the 2 wins were against Cincy (the botched extra point game) and Oakland (the timeout game).

I know the answer why we didn't make the playoffs last season. Why we failed to make the playoffs. Why we're "not good" right now. But I won't get into that as I don't feel like getting flamed today. Not really in the mood.

But I'll keep plugging away. Sitting through these games knowing what lies (or doesn't lie) ahead. Cheering for this team that supposedly has a better chance of winning the SB than the team of 1 year ago.

In all honesty though, it is easier to take a loss when you know it's coming. When I have a fraction of the confidence in this team as I did for for the previous 22 seasons I've been a fan.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 03:17 PM
....so I won't be dubbed "not a true fan".

Now I haven't given up. Or folded. I'm hoping we can turn it around. I hope Henry beats this suspension. Walker comes back better than ever. Champ's OK. The D tightens up.

But I'm realistic. Even if all that happens, everyone's gotta admit that we were fortunate to win those first 2 games. And I honestly don't think this team can turn it around.

So...I'm gonna be honest here. I'm pissed. With a capital P. Furious! This was a team that 14 months ago was "1 or 2 players away". A team that came off 3 consecutive 10+ win seasons. A team that was on it's way to the playoffs in 4 consecutive seasons for the first time ever in the history of the franchise. But now we're quite possibly the worst team in the division.

How the $%#@ did this happen? How did we go from the AFCCG to doormat of the west in such a short time? How did we go from 7-2 last year to 2-3 through 5 games this year? Anyone realize we're 4-8 the last 12 games? Anyone realize we're 2-6 the last 8 home games? You know the 2 wins were against Cincy (the botched extra point game) and Oakland (the timeout game).

I know the answer why we didn't make the playoffs last season. Why we failed to make the playoffs. Why we're "not good" right now. But I won't get into that as I don't feel like getting flamed today. Not really in the mood.

But I'll keep plugging away. Sitting through these games knowing what lies (or doesn't lie) ahead. Cheering for this team that supposedly has a better chance of winning the SB than the team of 1 year ago.

In all honesty though, it is easier to take a loss when you know it's coming. When I have a fraction of the confidence in this team as I did for for the previous 22 seasons I've been a fan.

lol getting flamed. Does #16 play run defense, we could really use him now.

just trying to lighten things up Inc.

I agree that this team is clearly not better now. If Montana or Elway in their prime played yesterday this team still gets smoked because of that defense

Michael Turner is still running :mad:

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
The fans can get mad, continue to fight, pull together all they want. But what I want to see is the team do the same.

I have not written off this season. There is still alot of football left to play this year. 11 games. It just seems like all the turmoil we have gone through so far that its already been a long season and we have only played 5 games.

Where is the heart of this team. WHere is the fight in this team? I am not talking about the fight to pull out two lucky last minute wins against the Raiders and Bills. I am talking about the fight to play for each other. The fight to play for their FANS. The fight to actually show up and take pride in their team.

Don't get mad at any fans if they give up on this season. So far in the last 3 weeks...3 loses...the team looks like they are the ones that have given up. Get mad at them. 41-3 at home in a must win divisional game is no heart.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 03:46 PM
The fans can get mad, continue to fight, pull together all they want. But what I want to see is the team do the same.

I have not written off this season. There is still alot of football left to play this year. 11 games. It just seems like all the turmoil we have gone through so far that its already been a long season and we have only played 5 games.

Where is the heart of this team. WHere is the fight in this team? I am not talking about the fight to pull out two lucky last minute wins against the Raiders and Bills. I am talking about the fight to play for each other. The fight to play for their FANS. The fight to actually show up and take pride in their team.

Don't get mad at any fans if they give up on this season. So far in the last 3 weeks...3 loses...the team looks like they are the ones that have given up. Get mad at them. 41-3 at home in a must win divisional game is no heart.

good post WTM

I just think this team is not that good. I found it laughable to hear about all the talent this team has. There are some nice parts but not a lot of cohesive talent here. The defense is pathetic, pathetic

offense is mistake prone.

and for those saying Cutler has done his job I beg to differ. 15 PPG is not getting it done, yes he has no help but the picks gotta stop.

East Coast Fan
10-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I certainly haven't "folded" but you have to see the reality of the situation as others have said. I've followed this team since 1972, and yesterday's game was the first game televised in my area this season, and unfortunately all of the bad things that I've heard about the defense are true. This team played with very little emotion and it went downhill from there. I saw no adjustments being made on either side of the ball. I sat there with very little emotion watching it, saying several times to my wife "they have nothing"-NOTHING. It was one of the lowest points in all of the years that I watched them; it was an ugly ass-kicking from the beginning and got worse as time went on. The network even switched to a more "competitive" game. And while I appreciate what he's done in the past, I think that Shanahan is burning out; look at the stress and frustration on his face. And the things that he is trying to do to fix the problems aren't working. We've gone through Griese, Plummer and now Cutler, and while we were in the AFC Championship game a few years ago I don't think that this coaching "regime" can turn this around. I would give them this year and next year and if it doesn't look promising I'd try a new approach. I think that the Shanahan train is running out of steam; but I hope for his sake that he can turn it around. :2cents:

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought topscribe talked to you about turning this forum into the smack forum?

Anyways, I agree with you to an extent omac. Sometimes people seem to fold like lawn chairs. I have lost some confidence in this team, but I remain hopeful, as I will every week, that this is the week we turn it around. Its hard to stay positive when the same problems seem to get worse week in and week out, but I happen to be a postive guy :D .

I don't hold it against any fan for feelign whatever way they do, but I do miss the days when Bronco fans seemed to weather bad losses with a lot more pride.... my :2cents:

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't hold it against any fan for feelign whatever way they do, but I do miss the days when Bronco fans seemed to weather bad losses with a lot more pride.... my :2cents:

our bad losses were not 41-3 at home in a potential season saver.

also we have not played well for the most part for all 5 games.

we are lucky to have 2 wins.

Its simply we are not good and people are not happy. I am one of them as well

Plse do not start with the true fans crap. (not you or anyone in particular just the sense i get)

heck I was a Harford Whalers fan and they moved to Carolina and I stuck with them.

being a fan is like being a parent. be critical but you still love them no matter what.

not a bad parent and turn a blind eye with our orange colored glasses on and think all will be alright against a Pitt team that I feel is gonna spank us with our run defense in 2 weeks

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 07:19 PM
chill out guys...

and no one wants to see anyone leave. i like reading post from all fans. it makes the boards better. so if you guys want to trash talk then go into "duck before entering" please.

talk about a total melt down. ive never seen our team look so soft and the fans be so fickle. really i dont expect much from the broncos this year. i pretty much saw that we didnt look like superbowl contenders after the second game, even though we won. so when we lose it doesnt seem so bad because honestly this team has huge holes in it...saying all that im still happy to watch them play.

cutler has better years ahead of him. favre, elway and montana wernt so great at first. if plummer was still on the team im pretty sure the outcome would still be the same...the only differance is plummer has over 11 years under his belt....cutler well um not even one full year playing time yet.

AND our team is getting old...that means they get injured faster and stay injured longer. i think we really need youth on the team. id like to see some vets retire. id really like to see a true rebuild....not band aid the team with old vets.

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
our bad losses were not 41-3 at home in a potential season saver.

also we have not played well for the most part for all 5 games.

we are lucky to have 2 wins.

Its simply we are not good and people are not happy. I am one of them as well

Plse do not start with the true fans crap. (not you or anyone in particular just the sense i get)

heck I was a Harford Whalers fan and they moved to Carolina and I stuck with them.

being a fan is like being a parent. be critical but you still love them no matter what.

not a bad parent and turn a blind eye with our orange colored glasses on and think all will be alright against a Pitt team that I feel is gonna spank us with our run defense in 2 weeks

Wow, way to jump the gun med. If you re-read that, I said I don't hold anythign against anyone for whatever they feel. Where did I say anythign baout being a true fan or a real fan, or anythign similar reagardless of the "sense your getting"?

I said I prefered it when fans weathered these losses with more pride, and I stick by that. People cry havoc more often then they don't now a days, even when we win. Just as you are entitled to your opinion on the Broncos, so am I.

However don't put words in my mouth, and don't tell me what a fan is (i.e. the reference to being a parent). I have been a Bronco fan since birth, I have seen as many seasons as I have years (well nearly) and I know what a Bronco fan is, because I have plenty of experience, just as everyone here has. We are all different and react differently to these losses. Like I said I don't hold it agianst anyone for feeling how they feel, but don't expect me to buy into your negativity either.

I can stil supoort my team, not boo, and be sober about this teams cances of winning. Orange colored glasses have nothing to do with it. Please reference me something where I said we wil win against Pittsburgh. Infact I htink against pitts we match very poorly. They are a very physial team, like JAcksonville. Soemthing this team is struggling with. Your reaction to my post IMO is comletely off base.

Everyone has their opinion, and you have stated your plenty throughout these baords. Don't expect me to keep mine quiet because it doens't fall in line with yours....

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow, way to jump the gun med. If you re-read that, I said I don't hold anythign against anyone for whatever they feel. Where did I say anythign baout being a true fan or a real fan, or anythign similar reagardless of the "sense your getting"?

I said I prefered it when fans weathered these losses with more pride, and I stick by that. People cry havoc more often then they don't now a days, even when we win. Just as you are entitled to your opinion on the Broncos, so am I.

However don't put words in my mouth, and don't tell me what a fan is (i.e. the reference to being a parent). I have been a Bronco fan since birth, I have seen as many seasons as I have years (well nearly) and I know what a Bronco fan is, because I have plenty of experience, just as everyone here has. We are all different and react differently to these losses. Like I said I don't hold it agianst anyone for feeling how they feel, but don't expect me to buy into your negativity either.

I can stil supoort my team, not boo, and be sober about this teams cances of winning. Orange colored glasses have nothing to do with it. Please reference me something where I said we wil win against Pittsburgh. Infact I htink against pitts we match very poorly. They are a very physial team, like JAcksonville. Soemthing this team is struggling with. Your reaction to my post IMO is comletely off base.

Everyone has their opinion, and you have stated your plenty throughout these baords. Don't expect me to keep mine quiet because it doens't fall in line with yours....

sorry to offend just aggravated lately. :sorry:

this has not been a fun season and I am just not enjoying Bronco football

topscribe
10-08-2007, 09:46 PM

CR, Omac was talking about another Browns fan who went into the game
thread in Broncos Talk and began to troll it with smack. I had to call him
down personally.

If you have a problem with a post, that is what the report button is for in
the upper right. To come back like this and return fire is not the way to
resolve things.

EVERYBODY here needs to settle down NOW.

-----

topscribe
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM

I don't find it a bit humorous. Refer to Post #30, especially the last part.

-----

sneakers
10-08-2007, 11:42 PM

Patience grasshopper! I know things look bad now, but let things enfold as they may over the next 11 games. You have seen teams start mediocre, and then catch fire at the end of the season by winning 5 in a row and go into the playoffs on fire.

I would wait to see how things turn out before we start talking about top 10 draft picks.

omac
10-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Wow, whole lot of posts ... what have I started, hehehe? :D

Anyway, first off to Cleveland Rocks ... like topscribe says, I was talking about a Browns fan that was talking trash, but at the same time, he dissed his own team without knowing it. My apologies for offending you, but I really wasn't thinking about you when I mentioned a Browns fan that gives up; remember, I posted on the thread and read your comments about Cleveland beating Cincy when no one could believe that would happen, so you don't exactly fall into the easily gives up category.

Now, what's with all this talk about a better fan? Nah, that wasn't the point at all. I think you can still find that post by someone else on Broncomania.

My point is like what BigBroncLove said ....

I don't hold it against any fan for feelign whatever way they do, but I do miss the days when Bronco fans seemed to weather bad losses with a lot more pride....

Pride ... yep. And the Broncos have always carried themselves with pride, and have always worked as hard or harder than any other team in the league, as shown in OTA attendance, not just by rookies, but by veterans.

I don't consider myself a better fan than anyone, nor do I consider myself any worse.

People are free to rant all they want about how our season's over after every poor showing of the team. They're free to prophecy doom after every injury. They're free to say how this team sucks, and we'll surely get a great draft pick. They're free to predict how we'll lose to all our opponents.

Then I'm free to rant too. The reality is this team's defense sucks, and it'll keep bringing down the whole team while it does. But it doesn't mean I can't believe this team can get better, when so many others believe it won't.

That Bills team that's sucked so bad this season played a great game against the best team in the NFC, and one of the best teams in the NFL, in the Cowboys, and they almost beat them, losing in a heartbreaker.

That team that sucked so bad on offense and so bad on defense, just played a great defensive game against one of the NFL's top offenses, and played a great offensive game against one of the NFL's top defenses. Even with their injuries, they could turn it around ... it isn't a stretch to think we could too.

But to those who don't believe that that can happen, why not? Are our players and coaches so much worse than the whole NFL? Are we the only ones having problems and injuries? It's not like we've had a history of losing seasons.

Like I said in my opening post (again with no offense to Cleveland Rocks) ... there are teams that have gone through hard times for several years, and it's more understandable when their fans have no confidence in their teams, as some of them have been conditioned to losing.

I expect the Broncos to turn it around and win despite their problems, because this is a good organization that's had a history of winning. And that's why I wonder why it's so easy to crown these Broncos losers so early in the season.

Anyways, to all offended, I apologize.

DenBronx
10-09-2007, 10:14 PM
one things for sure...

bronco fans wont settle for losing too long and nor will bowlen. changes will be made and we'll all be happy or find something else to complain about until it gets fixed.

didnt you get the memo???

omac
10-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Complaining is usually a good thing; it shows we don't want to settle for a mediocre team.

I'm all for change, as long as we don't jump the gun and lose some people who turn out to be gems later on. Also, even though our run defense seems to suck worse now than last season, I still think replacing Coyer was the right move. He never got the defense to adjust and he's had enough time. If the defense doesn't show improvement this season, i wouldn't be surprised to see Bates go if he's not protected by his contract.

So far, the 2 surprise moves this season was the emergence of Selvin Young over Mike Bell, and the sudden cut of Hixon. Too bad about Hixon; he might not have been a great return man, but I wanted to see how good of a receiver he was. He could definitely take a hit and hang on to the ball.