PDA

View Full Version : Bump until Tebow throws above a 50% completion rate.

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 02:51 PM
And let the countdown begin.

I'm sure this won't take as long as the bump until we have a kick return for a touchdown thread. :laugh:

dogfish
11-26-2011, 03:51 PM
lol

horsepig
11-26-2011, 03:52 PM
:doh:

vhatever
11-26-2011, 04:04 PM
uhh, last year... tebow threw for like 300 yards, with 55-60% completion percentage. Of course he also had lloyd as a receiver then.

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 06:42 PM
uhh, last year... tebow threw for like 300 yards, with 55-60% completion percentage. Of course he also had lloyd as a receiver then.

His total career completion % in the NFL is below 50%.

silkamilkamonico
11-26-2011, 06:45 PM

What happened? All I hear is how hoard Tebow works to get better. Why is he getting worse at passing?

vhatever
11-26-2011, 07:04 PM
What happened? All I hear is how hoard Tebow works to get better. Why is he getting worse at passing?

What makes you so sure he is?

For 2 years in a row now the broncos have traded off their best receivers, and now brought in the most anti-pass head coach. I'm sure this is all coincidence though. Uh-huh.

Ravage!!!
11-26-2011, 07:16 PM

For 2 years in a row now the broncos have traded off their best receivers, and now brought in the most anti-pass head coach. I'm sure this is all coincidence though. Uh-huh.

Noo.. it's not a coincidence. The Broncos have a conspiracy against Tebow. Instead of just not playing him, they have decided to remove talent around him and FORCE him to win games "alone." After all, coaches, GMs, VPs and the rest of the veteran players don't really care about wins and losses..... ITs ALLLLLLLL about Tebow. The entire NFL is trying to make him lose, because after all, that MUST be the reason for his inability to pass the damned ball.

I mean, it wasn't like he was rated as a terrible passer coming out of college, LONG before becoming a Bronco or anything. The ENTIRE NFL already had a plan set in place, that not matter WHERE Tebow landed..... to do EVERYTHING in the FO's power to be sure to MAKE him fail. Because, after all, the entire game is about Tebow.

Gotta love the children and their conspiracy theories. :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
11-26-2011, 07:18 PM

I don't think he's working on becoming a better passer either, and the proof is in his numbers.

vhatever
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Noo.. it's not a coincidence. The Broncos have a conspiracy against Tebow....

I told you the facts. You just don't like them. Conspiracy or not, they traded away the best receiver and brought in an anti-pass coach. I'm sure such changes in one season would have zero impact on any other QB's stats.

silkamilkamonico
11-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I told you the facts. You just don't like them. Conspiracy or not, they traded away the best receiver and brought in an anti-pass coach. I'm sure such changes in one season would have zero impact on any other QB's stats.

It's seemed to work ok for Andy Dalton. But hey, Tim Tebow as a passer is no Andy Dalton.

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 07:38 PM
It's seemed to work ok for Andy Dalton. But hey, Tim Tebow as a passer is no Andy Dalton.

Yeah but they will say AJ Green blah blah blah....TT also has a 1st rd WR so there needs to be zero excuses in the passing game.

The funny thing is TT would be the first to say he needs to get better but all of the Tebowmaniacs will always find a way to say yeah BUT....

vhatever
11-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Uhh, they drafted a better receiver then the one they traded. And what new head coach did they hire?

silkamilkamonico
11-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Uhh, they drafted a better receiver then the one they traded. And what new head coach did they hire?

Marvin Lewis is a run first head coach. You would know that if you've been following along with the NFL the last 10 years.

Also, Tebow and his first rounder had almost an entire season to work together, and it hasn't helped Tebow won bit.

Great catch DenBronx!

vhatever
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Marvin Lewis is a run first head coach. You would know that if you've been following along with the NFL the last 10 years.

Also, Tebow and his first rounder had almost an entire season to work together, and it hasn't helped Tebow won bit.

Great catch DenBronx!

Ya, cincy has been a regular run-first offense. With palmer, TO, and Ocho just brought in for comedic value. And who is "tebow's first round receiver"?

Davii
11-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Hopefully this thread dies tomorrow.

Skacorica
11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
http://images.wikia.com/callofduty/images/7/7b/Lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Skacorica
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2f/Beating_the_dead_horse2.png

sneakers
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6093/6359909443_e2d1d88221_o.jpg

sneakers
11-26-2011, 11:35 PM
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6216/6346517906_6309f5aaac_o.jpg

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Sorry sneakers....

I just couldnt resist.

sneakers
11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Sorry sneakers....

I just couldnt resist.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SO8Y3MIsoP8/Rxjw6-EeGNI/AAAAAAAABLA/QlQ1PjWVc40/s400/tebow+with+8+men+in+box+uga+lolcats.JPG

Northman
11-27-2011, 12:01 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SO8Y3MIsoP8/Rxjw6-EeGNI/AAAAAAAABLA/QlQ1PjWVc40/s400/tebow+with+8+men+in+box+uga+lolcats.JPG

Awesome! lmao!

catfish
11-27-2011, 09:54 AM

that is freaking hilarious

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 10:43 AM

So what about the 3 games he played in last year? :confused: Those games looked more like the games from this season than they do the Lions or Texans game where he passed the ball more than his average!

Also, why didn't McDaniels play Tebow? :confused: You are so quick to claim the Broncos brought in an anti pass coach as if to hurt the kid's development.

You do know that the best way to handle a young QB is to run the ball...A LOT. Right? Or was Pittsburgh wrong when they did that all the way to a Lombardi trophy? :confused:

I digress. Why didn't McDaniels, who at one point stated: "The only thing Tebow doesn't know about our playbook is what we haven't told him" as if to say the kid was beyond ready. Why would McDaniels, knowing his job was on the line, refuse to play Tebow at ANY cost especially knowing what Tebow would have done for enthusiasm and knowing the cost McD had in him!

Listen to me when I say I like a good conspiracy theory, Rav will tell you that, but your argument is not very good.

broncobryce
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't care if he completes 1 percent. We keep winning is all I want. Will you be happy if he completes 60 percent but we lose?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM
And who is "tebow's first round receiver"?

I regret replying to the previous post prior to having seen this one.

How bout them Gators? :rockon:

nevcraw
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I'll buy all u passing stats queens brand new Orton KC jersey's to remind how awesome completion percentages are!

Nomad
11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I'll be a little disappointed if Tebow doesn't/can't torch the Chargers poor secondary.

In the end, winning is all that matters, but he's gotta take advantage of these situations especially when he is under the microscope

Northman
11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll be a little disappointed if Tebow doesn't/can't torch the Chargers poor secondary.

In the end, winning is all that matters, but he's gotta take advantage of these situations especially when he is under the microscope

Yea, it all sounds good when the team is winning. If we start losing just watch how quickly people will change their tunes.

catfish
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM

How bout them Gators? :rockon:

again, he has stated repeatedly that he has zero affiliation with the Gators and is just a concerned lifelong Denver fan...he is all yours

vhatever
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
So what about the 3 games he played in last year? :confused: Those games looked more like the games from this season than they do the Lions or Texans game where he passed the ball more than his average!

Also, why didn't McDaniels play Tebow? :confused: You are so quick to claim the Broncos brought in an anti pass coach as if to hurt the kid's development.

Why they brought him in is irrelevant. The point is they did. McD DID play tebow, sherlock. He wasn't played earlier because he never ran a pro-style offense before. Usually such players are sat for a year or two depending on just how bad "the other option" is.

Ya, you look petty dumb there, in all honesty.

Davii
11-27-2011, 08:16 PM
So.... We can let this thread die now... he threw good today.

Ziggy
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
This was by far Tebow's best day throwing. He made a ton of progress. He had 2 critical drops on 3rd down that were in the receivers hands that could have changed the whole scope of the game early.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
wasn't he 9 for 18? thats not above 50%

vhatever
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
So.... We can let this thread die now... he threw good today.

He's threw well a couple games now, over 60% completion games, counting "dropped" passes as catches though.

Davii
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM

Rav... Progress man.

broncobryce
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Don't worry, we have YOU to remind us how bad a passer he is all season!

Ravage!!!
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Rav... Progress man.

Nah.. I'mn ot saying it to be mean. I'm purely saying it because I'm going by the literal terms of the thread title. You said we can put it to rest, and it still fits the category :whoknows:

Ravage!!!
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
He's threw well a couple games now, over 60% completion games, counting "dropped" passes as catches though.

Sure... as long as you count the great catches that Decker and company have made on bad throws. It goes both ways. But every QB has dropped passes, and they don't get to count them, either.

catfish
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
just as info Rivers threw 18 more times than Tebow and had exactly 45 yards more passing offense that Tebow did....Tebow may not be hitting a high % but his are big hits when he hits them...I will save comments in this thread for tomorrow as I am trying to stay positive and enjoy a win

vhatever
11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Sure... as long as you count the great catches that Decker and company have made on bad throws. It goes both ways. But every QB has dropped passes, and they don't get to count them, either.

Complete nonsense. I don't like to harp on the denver receivers, but they have dropped a LOT of passes since tebow took over. Rodgers throws the ball 30 times a game and maybe has one dropped pass, tebow usually has 3 or more, and only throws the ball 20 times at most.

I don't know why it is, and maybe it will get better with time.

catfish
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
lets stay positive, plenty of time for analysis later

vhatever
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
lets stay positive, plenty of time for analysis later

Not really, cause in two days everyone magically forgets the dropped passes they just watchedand they fall back to the "er, but tebow only had 50% completion rate. Can't win a super bowl with that!"

bcbronc
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Instead of looking at Tebow's stats as pass/run plays, look at them as QB plays.

For example today Matt Ryan had 34 pass attempts and 4 rush attempts, so 38 QB plays. Rookie Christian Ponder had 25/2 for 27 QB plays. Vince Young: 48/6 for 54. Tom Brady: 34/5 for 39.

In our game, Rivers had 36/1 for 37, Tebow 18/22 for 40. Obviously when Brady runs (he had 28 yds) it's not from the read option, and is the result of a called passing play, so in a way it's more a part of their passing game than the running game (loosely). Sure, not all Tebows are scrambles, but they're not all called QB keepers either.

Don't take the is too literally, I'm not looking to have the record books written or anything, but combine Tebow's runs and passes into "QB Plays" and his production is better. Look at Tebow's running as the ultimate short passing game, and give him a "completed QB play" for a rush attempt, and here are his numbers vs SD.

31 of 40 (77.5% positive QB play rate) for 210 yds (5.5 yds/QB play attempt) 1 TD 0 TO. If those 40 plays were passes that's an efficient game in a defensive struggle etc.

On the season (which includes his stinkers) he's 143 of 221 (64.7% positive QB play rate) for 1307 yds (5.91 yds/QB play attempt) 11 TDs 2 TOs.

Tebow is "dual threat" so his numbers have to be looked at through that lens. I understand there will be a time when Tebow needs to make plays from the pocket to win games, but that time isn't right now. If the defense gives the offense enough chances, Tebow is coming through on the strength of his legs setting up the passing game. That will have to reverse over the long term, but in the meantime, just find a way to win.

Over the rest of the season, how Tebow does on 3rd downs will probably go a long way towards shaping the FO's opinion on whether Tebow is their guy. As the ladies say, he may not be Mister Right, but he's Mister Right Now and I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 03:01 AM
As Rav said, the thread title says ABOVE 50%, so Tebow narrowly missed it. :lol:

But seriously, Tebow looked very good throwing the ball today. I only remember one throw where I thought "damn bad pass." The rest of his throws were either thrown away or accurate enough to give his WR the best chance to catch the football.

If he can keep making progress like this he can be our QB of the future IMO. Once the coaching staff is comfortable enough with his development to call more passing plays, we'll really be able to judge him. I think when and if that time comes, he'll be ready for it. This game tells me that both Tim and our staff are doing a very good job working on his passing.

DenBronx
11-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Instead of looking at Tebow's stats as pass/run plays, look at them as QB plays.

For example today Matt Ryan had 34 pass attempts and 4 rush attempts, so 38 QB plays. Rookie Christian Ponder had 25/2 for 27 QB plays. Vince Young: 48/6 for 54. Tom Brady: 34/5 for 39.

In our game, Rivers had 36/1 for 37, Tebow 18/22 for 40. Obviously when Brady runs (he had 28 yds) it's not from the read option, and is the result of a called passing play, so in a way it's more a part of their passing game than the running game (loosely). Sure, not all Tebows are scrambles, but they're not all called QB keepers either.

Don't take the is too literally, I'm not looking to have the record books written or anything, but combine Tebow's runs and passes into "QB Plays" and his production is better. Look at Tebow's running as the ultimate short passing game, and give him a "completed QB play" for a rush attempt, and here are his numbers vs SD.

31 of 40 (77.5% positive QB play rate) for 210 yds (5.5 yds/QB play attempt) 1 TD 0 TO. If those 40 plays were passes that's an efficient game in a defensive struggle etc.

On the season (which includes his stinkers) he's 143 of 221 (64.7% positive QB play rate) for 1307 yds (5.91 yds/QB play attempt) 11 TDs 2 TOs.

Tebow is "dual threat" so his numbers have to be looked at through that lens. I understand there will be a time when Tebow needs to make plays from the pocket to win games, but that time isn't right now. If the defense gives the offense enough chances, Tebow is coming through on the strength of his legs setting up the passing game. That will have to reverse over the long term, but in the meantime, just find a way to win.

Over the rest of the season, how Tebow does on 3rd downs will probably go a long way towards shaping the FO's opinion on whether Tebow is their guy. As the ladies say, he may not be Mister Right, but he's Mister Right Now and I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Very good point bcbronc.

Other pocket QBs dont run it so to judge TT you have to look at his overall game and especially RESULTS.

But it would still be nice to see him get his completion % higher so he can shut up the critics.

Thor
11-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I was pleased with Tebows Passing. He started 0-4 then from that point on he was 9-14 for 141 yards and a touchdown. I would like to see him get to throw more on some not so obvious passing situations but I did see some progress. Finally, I am a Tebownaut simply because it would be best for the team if he were to become our QB for the next 10+ years. The Broncos could then focus future draft choices on other positions. I would also like to see Hodge, Dilfer and Carter eat their words.

FlyByU
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
As Rav said, the thread title says ABOVE 50%, so Tebow narrowly missed it. :lol:

But seriously, Tebow looked very good throwing the ball today. I only remember one throw where I thought "damn bad pass." The rest of his throws were either thrown away or accurate enough to give his WR the best chance to catch the football.

If he can keep making progress like this he can be our QB of the future IMO. Once the coaching staff is comfortable enough with his development to call more passing plays, we'll really be able to judge him. I think when and if that time comes, he'll be ready for it. This game tells me that both Tim and our staff are doing a very good job working on his passing.

Next week he will get above 50% he has been getting better every week and as long as they Call the Gator Spread Option he should improve a lot.

catfish
11-28-2011, 03:44 PM
I was pleased with Tebows Passing. He started 0-4 then from that point on he was 9-14 for 141 yards and a touchdown. I would like to see him get to throw more on some not so obvious passing situations but I did see some progress. Finally, I am a Tebownaut simply because it would be best for the team if he were to become our QB for the next 10+ years. The Broncos could then focus future draft choices on other positions. I would also like to see Hodge, Dilfer and Carter eat their words.

they will never eat their words. It has been

will never start
will never win
will never win multiple games
will never make the playoff

it will then go

will never win a playoff game
will never make a deep playoff run
will never make a superbowl
will never win a superbowl
will never win multiple superbowls

all the while using every loss as "proof" that they vitriol they spew has been validated

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 01:50 AM
10-15 with 149.3 QBR today.

Well on his way.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Dude had a near perfect QB rating today, if not perfect, and DThomas continues to get better as well.

Davii
12-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Best QB rating of the week I do believe

Traveler
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
/end thread.........

FlyByU
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
10-15 with 149.3 QBR today.

Well on his way.

What is his rating on the new TQBR?

catfish
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM

49.9 17th best of the week

Thestrategist1
12-05-2011, 01:57 PM
/end thread.........

For real 2 games in a row now, kill this thread plz

:tsk:

Davii
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Don't tell anyone, this is a secret... The thread ends when people stop posting in it... Keep it under wraps.

vhatever
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM

What "new" TQBR?

You mean ESPN's BS made up stats? Go read the editorial articles on ESPN and it will tell you whatever their TQBR is going to be.

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM
/end thread.........

No, can't until his total career QB throwing % is above 50%.

Then we will just start a bump until TT throws above 60%. :D

Poet
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Counting his runs as a throw is a novel idea, but that's not how that works either.

When it comes time to throw the ball, how well he throws it has zero to do with his running ability. I'm not talking about how the run would set up the pass because obviously that, but I mean, literally when he is throwing the ball.

He's making a lot of progress from week to week and right now he is an asset to his team.

Oh how football works. I hope it keeps working out.

DenBronx
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
21 out of 40 today. That's above 50%.

But our WRs were dropping everything or it would have been much higher.

Great job!

DenBronx
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
His career total is now at 48.9%.

52.5% today though.

nmbroncosfan
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I guess all of you homo's that hate Tebow, would rather have Romo? Haha!

TXBRONC
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
21 out of 40 today. That's above 50%.

But our WRs were dropping everything or it would have been much higher.

Great job!

I didn't keep track of all the drops but I wouldn't be surprised if there was somewhere in the neighborhood 6 to 8 dropped passes.

pikkiwoki
12-11-2011, 10:41 PM
He has come a looooooong way since that atrocious Senior Bowl in '10.

Even before the 4th Q, I thought he made some strong throws that would have been impossible for the January 2010 version of Tebow.

Work ethic and determination, man, work ethic and determination.

DenBronx
12-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I didn't keep track of all the drops but I wouldn't be surprised if there was somewhere in the neighborhood 6 to 8 dropped passes.

At least....had to be about 5 from Thomas alone...one being a sure TD.

Did anyone notice he was throwing much better spirals as well?

DenBronx
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
11 for 22 today.

That's right at 50%.

He did well today but I do see improvement in his passing. Also looks like his confidence is building with his WRs.

Northman
12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Early on he was 4/5 and then when we got behind it got a little worse. Aside from the fumble i was quite pleased with his passing overall.

DenBronx
12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Early on he was 4/5 and then when we got behind it got a little worse. Aside from the fumble i was quite pleased with his passing overall.

Yeah...some of the horrible playcalling in the 2nd quarter didnt do him any justice and then of course when your down by 18 points you need to start slinging it. The Pats started to cover all of the WRs really good.

I said it before, if Tebow ever gets a true pass catching tight end it will be hard to stop us.

Joel
12-19-2011, 10:42 AM
The Pats' never had great coverage, but compensated with blitzes in a way we never could, because their line is a lot better than ours (and most peoples.) The result was:

A backbreaking sack/fumble in the second quarter (on an option run, no less,)

Tebow spinning right into a tackler behind him in the third (on a drive moving well until then)

A fumble in the end zone that Tebow had to scoop up and throw away and, of course,

The 30 yard sack at the end.

Tebow had some nice throws in the second half despite that, but how many times did he look downfield only to be forced to duck out of another tackle and take off running again? Most of the time they weren't even attempts to run downfield, just buy some time to find open receivers, 'cos it's hard to do that when multiple guys are tackling you (on another second half play the Pats rushed five guys and FOUR of them converged at the QB.)

Franklin's a rookie and Clady's been hurt all year, so I'll give them a pass, and the stats consistently rank Kuper as our best pass blocker. Do the math and figure out whom I'd like to replace. ;)

catfish
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM
The Pats' never had great coverage, but compensated with blitzes in a way we never could, because their line is a lot better than ours (and most peoples.) The result was:

A backbreaking sack/fumble in the second quarter (on an option run, no less,)

Tebow spinning right into a tackler behind him in the third (on a drive moving well until then)

A fumble in the end zone that Tebow had to scoop up and throw away and, of course,

The 30 yard sack at the end.

Tebow had some nice throws in the second half despite that, but how many times did he look downfield only to be forced to duck out of another tackle and take off running again? Most of the time they weren't even attempts to run downfield, just buy some time to find open receivers, 'cos it's hard to do that when multiple guys are tackling you (on another second half play the Pats rushed five guys and FOUR of them converged at the QB.)

Franklin's a rookie and Clady's been hurt all year, so I'll give them a pass, and the stats consistently rank Kuper as our best pass blocker. Do the math and figure out whom I'd like to replace. ;)

Only caught the end of the game(dinner with the in-laws) so I can't speak to the beginning of the game, but in the last quarter they focused on a few passes where there wasn't anyone open when the pats dropped into coverage. Really didn't look like they were playing against the worst passing D in the NFL

Joel
12-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Only caught the end of the game(dinner with the in-laws) so I can't speak to the beginning of the game, but in the last quarter they focused on a few passes where there wasn't anyone open when the pats dropped into coverage. Really didn't look like they were playing against the worst passing D in the NFL
I feel your pain; I'll probably be in the same boat next week, but console myself with the knowledge the game probably won't matter (we clinch with a win and Oakland loss, but otherwise we still need a win in KC.)

Thomas had a good day, but Tebow may have gone back to him too much; that's part of the problem since he and Decker are our only big receiving threats. I'm hopeful that will change as Tebow gets more work with Willis and Fells, both of whom I like.

The blocking was bad though, especially against the pass, and hasn't been great all year. If Tebow hadn't recovered his own fumble after a hit and managed to throw it away standing on the end line, our offensive line would have given up TWO safeties in THREE weeks, which is pathetic. With that kind of "protection" it's kind of amazing Tebow managed to complete half his passes when the Pats knew he'd be throwing the whole 4th quarter. Two of our three second quarter fumbles were Ball getting stripped at the line on a run and Tebow getting hit almost right after the snap and fumbling on an option play. The blocking MUST improve or we can't run OR pass.

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
In his last four games, Tebow has thrown for 194 yards per game with a 54% completion percentage,
and he's averaging 7.25 yards per attempt with four touchdowns and one interception.
Over 4 games that is a passer rating of 90.5.

It is no longer even an issue. Tim can throw the ball.
Those who claim otherwise are not accepting the facts.

DenBronx
01-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Tebows passer rating on the 0-3 streak is 43.1

Well below 50% today. Can't have that if he wants to be the long term answer here. Hopefully Sunday he steps up big and Tebows the Steelers.