PDA

View Full Version : Shannon on with Vic/Gary 11-23

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Very interesting - Shannon came to Denver to have a sit down with TT, which will be aired on Sunday. Shannon talks a little bit about him talking with TT, and then he gives his thoughts on TT.

Well worth the listen
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=740&f=287981

wayninja
11-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I've always liked the way Shannon talks. He should have his own sitcom or do voice over work.

What he actually says is a different story...

Northman
11-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Shannon just said everything that John has been saying and i agree 100%. Winning a few games using this system isnt substainable. And it is important in the long run if you want to win championships that he has to improve on his passing efficiency.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I thought it was very interesting when Shannon stated something like that because Tebow wanted to be a QB since age six, his coaches did not teach him the right way to be a QB.

Northman
11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
I thought it was very interesting when Shannon stated something like that because Tebow wanted to be a QB since age six, his coaches did not teach him the right way to be a QB.

Yea, Shannon talked about how coaches throughout Tebow's career have hindered him by not showing him and allowing him to improve on his passing. They just kept catering to one particular facet of his strengths while not improving upon his weaknesses.

BroncoTech
11-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Shannon making more more sense than normal. Thanks for sharing.

catfish
11-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I hear a lot about it being the coaches fault for not improving Tebow's passing skills...he has broken passing records at every level he has played at prior to this one...why would they think he needs improvement? It's easy to see now with a 44% completion rating, but he was at 66-68% completion% in college and broke several state of Fl records for passing in HS

Northman
11-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I hear a lot about it being the coaches fault for not improving Tebow's passing skills...he has broken passing records at every level he has played at prior to this one...why would they think he needs improvement? It's easy to see now with a 44% completion rating, but he was at 66-68% completion% in college and broke several state of Fl records for passing in HS

I think it has more to do with his mechanics as a passer. At the lower levels it was easier to mask his weaknesses because the level of talent wasnt as strong as it is in the NFL. So while he could still rack up passing stats they never bothered to teach him anything beyond that when it came to preparing him for the NFL.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 10:26 PM

Listen to what Shannon says on the interview - about the level of talent - college vs pro, and also the different levels of talent that teams face in their college career - Shannon explained it very well. Today, during CU's last game, it was mentioned that maybe out of the 28 seniors on the team, 3 would have a shot at the NFL.

catfish
11-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I think it has more to do with his mechanics as a passer. At the lower levels it was easier to mask his weaknesses because the level of talent wasnt as strong as it is in the NFL. So while he could still rack up passing stats they never bothered to teach him anything beyond that when it came to preparing him for the NFL.

from what I recall they did bring a guy in his senior year at UF, for like the last few games, he was working on his mechanics and his completion % tapered off. He stopped working on his mechanics after the last game and went back to what felt comfortable in the bowl game

catfish
11-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Listen to what Shannon says on the interview - about the level of talent - college vs pro, and also the different levels of talent that teams face in their college career - Shannon explained it very well. Today, during CU's last game, it was mentioned that maybe out of the 28 seniors on the team, 3 would have a shot at the NFL.

I understand that there is a talent gap, but you would expect the talent gap to be as big if not bigger for every other QB in college, if that was the case I would expect Tebow to be in the middle bottom of statistics rather that the top 3-5. I would also expect the stats to drop off after 2008 as there was a noticable decrease in offensive talent at UF that year instead it goes up.

I don't have an answer to why Tebow is throwing so poorly, and truth be told he has always thrown an ugly ball, but it was always on time and where the receiver could make a play, the only time I have ever seen him pass this poorly was when he had a record for most passes without an INT streak going and started to miss passes he normally would make....the rumor on campus then was that he was over thinking and it was making him play tight (Link is for Highest # of NFL starter per position)

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20080706/OPINION01/617509449?p=1&tc=pg

Northman
11-25-2011, 11:16 PM
I understand that there is a talent gap, but you would expect the talent gap to be as big if not bigger for every other QB in college, if that was the case I would expect Tebow to be in the middle bottom of statistics rather that the top 3-5. I would also expect the stats to drop off after 2008 as there was a noticable decrease in offensive talent at UF that year instead it goes up.

I don't have an answer to why Tebow is throwing so poorly, and truth be told he has always thrown an ugly ball, but it was always on time and where the receiver could make a play, the only time I have ever seen him pass this poorly was when he had a record for most passes without an INT streak going and started to miss passes he normally would make....the rumor on campus then was that he was over thinking and it was making him play tight (Link is for Highest # of NFL starter per position)

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20080706/OPINION01/617509449?p=1&tc=pg

While there are many starters that come out of the SEC there is also some things that work against Tebow as far as history is concerned.

1) Although i can only remember from 1976 till now (outside of Simpson, Staubach, and Plunkett) there is only about 9 (on a Super Bowl Team) players in that time period that i can honestly say did something worthwhile at the pro level.

2) When it comes to Gator QB's in the last 50 years only one has even made the SB as a starter which he eventually lost (Rex Grossman).

catfish
11-25-2011, 11:32 PM
While there are many starters that come out of the SEC there is also some things that work against Tebow as far as history is concerned.

1) Although i can only remember from 1976 till now (outside of Simpson, Staubach, and Plunkett) there is only about 9 (on a Super Bowl Team) players in that time period that i can honestly say did something worthwhile at the pro level.

2) When it comes to Gator QB's in the last 50 years only one has even made the SB as a starter which he eventually lost (Rex Grossman).

You can be a quality player and not go to the superbowl (where did Champ go to school)

While there hasn't been a Gator QB, I believe there have been several SEC QB's

my only point for the link was to maybe show that the talent gap in the SEC overall might not be as wide as some other conferences in the country, nothing more nothing less

Northman
11-25-2011, 11:38 PM
You can be a quality player and not go to the superbowl (where did Champ go to school)

I agree, just pointing out the Heisman which to me is almost like the Madden curse, generally sucks for athletes.

While there hasn't been a Gator QB, I believe there have been several SEC QB'sAbsolutely, again just pointing it out that the Qb's who come out of Florida havent really panned out that well at the professional level.

my only point for the link was to maybe show that the talent gap in the SEC overall might not be as wide as some other conferences in the country, nothing more nothing lessIts stronger than most conferences but even then not every team that Florida plays is from the SEC. In the long run, the NFL is filled with what is considered the best of the best which is why so very few make it from the collegiate level into the pro's. But even for the one's who make it too the pro level it doesnt always work out because the amount of talented players one would face is much harder.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Shannon's sitdown with TT will be aired sometime on NFL Today.

nevcraw
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I've always liked the way Shannon talks.

does he has a puuurty mouth?