PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Eric Decker's fine

SR
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
He was fined for going to his knee in the end zone after scoring a touchdown. James Jones did it yesterday against Detroit. No news of any fines yet. Seeing the double standards the NFL operates under, it'll be interesting to see if a fine is dished out.

BCJ
11-25-2011, 08:42 PM
If you are going to salute, do it with the correct hand. NFL has standards that they ALWAYS follow.

karnage
11-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Can I get a clarification on the rules? Cause how can Decker going to a knee be a fine, and yet Detroit defenders doing the "Tebow" in the middle of the field not fall within the same parameters...is going to a knee scoring play only?

BeefStew25
11-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Decker didn't pray. Tebowing is considered prayer. Goodell, you are gay.

SR
11-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Can I get a clarification on the rules? Cause how can Decker going to a knee be a fine, and yet Detroit defenders doing the "Tebow" in the middle of the field not fall within the same parameters...is going to a knee scoring play only?

You can't go to a knee in the end zone as part of a touchdown celebration. This was discussed in a previous thread. This thread is more related to the touchdown James Jones caught on Thursday where he went down to a knee in the end zone after he caught it.

T.K.O.
11-26-2011, 02:15 PM
so you can flop around like a muppet or do the robot.........but taking a knee is a federal offense? STU-PID !

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 02:42 PM
If you are going to salute, do it with the correct hand. NFL has standards that they ALWAYS follow.

I find it funny that our Broncos Forums icon at the top is saluting with the left hand.

This is an outrage.

:laugh:

horsepig
11-26-2011, 03:37 PM
LMAO :salute:

horsepig
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Man alive, the NFL does some funky, ****** up stuff.

vhatever
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
I think the rule is you aren't allowed to go to the ground after a touchdown. No kneeling, no laying on the ground, etc.

I did see those players go to their knees, though, during the game. It looked like they were tired though and catching their breath or something. Maybe they were just trying to channel their inner tebow.