PDA

View Full Version : Krieger: Elway on fringe of Tebow tirade

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 11:57 AM
I absolutely can not believe some of the HATEFUL twitter messages John has received. A sampling is contained in the article.

Twitter has become known for many things during its short life, but civility is not one of them. So when John Elway​ chose the massively popular microblogging service as his method of direct communication with Broncos fans, he was taking a calculated risk.

The Broncos' transparency offensive was working pretty well too, until Elway got crosswise with Tebowmania. Then it got ugly pretty fast.

"You know, I've actually stopped reading it, which is a good thing," Elway said with a laugh during his weekly hit on KOA radio Wednesday.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_19409161

chazoe60
11-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Tim Tebow would be appalled at the behavior of some of his fans.

How can such a good person inspire such vitriol and venom, from both sides?

SR
11-25-2011, 12:24 PM

People are ******* stupid. That's how.

The Glue Factory
11-25-2011, 12:45 PM

The enemy is typically vilified and demonized in the process of fighting the war. Happened when we fought the Nazis and Japanese. Happens when there's "opposition" to your favorite sports figure (individual or team.) Sad but true. :tsk:

BroncoStud
11-25-2011, 12:55 PM
The Japanese and Nazi's deserved our disgust, John Elway is just doing his job and being honest with the Denver Bronco fans.

I hope everyone eventually grasps that...

This is the Denver Broncos not the Denver Tebows...

Mr. Elway has an obligation to the fans and to Pat Bowlen to put the best team he possibly can on the field. I like Tebow the person, I even like Tebow the player, but NOTHING John Elway has said publicly regarding Tebow's play on the field has been inaccurate.

I've never seen a debacle like this before in my life. Tebow has a long way to go before he is a good enough passer to even be considered the QBoTF, that is ALL John Elway is trying to say, and he's 100% correct for saying it. Even more, I think Tim Tebow himself probably knows it and understands why, and is just as disgusted as the rest of us are at how both his haters and lovers behave.

RebelRocker
11-25-2011, 01:29 PM
I absolutely can not believe some of the HATEFUL twitter messages John has received. A sampling is contained in the article.

If some Broncos fans are trying to villifiy Elway for his honesty regarding Tebow, then Tebow really is a team cancer. "Tebowmania" has been a distraction from day one and it sickens me when people make the joke "Denver Tebows" instead of the DENVER BRONCOS!! It's become a joke to many people around the NFL. Barring a super bowl run, EFX WILL draft a QB early. I don't see how they can afford to keep Tebow long-term if he doesn't develop into a consistent passer. It's been two years that he's been in the league now and if anything, he's regressed as a passer.

For those of you that are making the excuse that Tebow had no offseason to train, look at the rookie QB's.. ALL of them didn't have a single off-season snap in the NFL and all of them look to be more complete QB's at this stage than Tebow,

Winning is great and I'll support everybody on the Broncos, but I'm going to be a realist here. Elway doesn't want Tebow and he's made it quite obvious. I'm not going to hitch my wagon to the Tebow bandwagon just yet.

claymore
11-25-2011, 01:31 PM

I thought the thread title said "Trade" and not "Tirade". I was so excited!

catfish
11-25-2011, 01:38 PM
If some Broncos fans are trying to villifiy Elway for his honesty regarding Tebow, then Tebow really is a team cancer. "Tebowmania" has been a distraction from day one and it sickens me when people make the joke "Denver Tebows" instead of the DENVER BRONCOS!! It's become a joke to many people around the NFL. Barring a super bowl run, EFX WILL draft a QB early. I don't see how they can afford to keep Tebow long-term if he doesn't develop into a consistent passer. It's been two years that he's been in the league now and if anything, he's regressed as a passer.

For those of you that are making the excuse that Tebow had no offseason to train, look at the rookie QB's.. ALL of them didn't have a single off-season snap in the NFL and all of them look to be more complete QB's at this stage than Tebow,

Winning is great and I'll support everybody on the Broncos, but I'm going to be a realist here. Elway doesn't want Tebow and he's made it quite obvious. I'm not going to hitch my wagon to the Tebow bandwagon just yet.

Don't blame you for not being on the bandwagon, having said that saying Tebow is a locker room cancer is a bit harsh. I actually feel like the team is coming together with Tebow at the helm..now obviously winning helps, but IMO the locker room appears to be less divided now than it was under Orton...are the tebow zealots a gigantic pain in the balls YES, but IMO it doesn't appear to be affecting locker room dynamic.

p.s. I am a huge Tebow supporter and I feel Elway doesn't deserve to be treated in this fashion, regardless of his stance on Tebow(whatever your thoughts on that might be) I think the hate and vitriol is disgusting, I hope people understand that the majority of Tebows fans don't feel this way towards Elway or the Broncos, it is a vocal minority who make us all look bad

Slick
11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Trying to have a rational public conversation about Tebow is mostly futile these days. The subject has passed into a realm normally occupied by politics and religion, where people already know what they think and once the usual talking points are exhausted, the argument often devolves into personal insults.

Well said by Krieger. It has gotten to that point.

RebelRocker
11-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't blame you for not being on the bandwagon, having said that saying Tebow is a locker room cancer is a bit harsh. I actually feel like the team is coming together with Tebow at the helm..now obviously winning helps, but IMO the locker room appears to be less divided now than it was under Orton...are the tebow zealots a gigantic pain in the balls YES, but IMO it doesn't appear to be affecting locker room dynamic.

p.s. I am a huge Tebow supporter and I feel Elway doesn't deserve to be treated in this fashion, regardless of his stance on Tebow(whatever your thoughts on that might be) I think the hate and vitriol is disgusting, I hope people understand that the majority of Tebows fans don't feel this way towards Elway or the Broncos, it is a vocal minority who make us all look bad

Thank you for a rational response, Catfish. The locker room is now probably less divided now that Orton is gone, but you can't tell me that there wasn't a division and a ton of negative press going around during training camp this year.
I just hate how the media is spinning this. Tebow can do no wrong, yet the Broncos FO are doing EVERYTHING wrong. It's so far from the truth.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I think Elway is a professional and will handle this Bullshit the way he feels he should. Seriously, it really needs to go away. Personally, I would not give it 2 cents worth of my time.

catfish
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Thank you for a rational response, Catfish. The locker room is now probably less divided now that Orton is gone, but you can't tell me that there wasn't a division and a ton of negative press going around during training camp this year.
I just hate how the media is spinning this. Tebow can do no wrong, yet the Broncos FO are doing EVERYTHING wrong. It's so far from the truth.

agreed on all points, and I understand the tendency to want Tebow gone, just try to remember the poor kid cant help the 1000's of whackos that come out of the woodwork to follow him. He just want to work hard get better and help the team win however he can do it IMO can't ask for much more

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Good article and is definitely backed up by what we see in here. It's sad that one of Tebow's biggest downsides is his proportionately high douche-bag following (Catfish excluded).

JaxBroncoGirl
11-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Well I guess the topic is going to continue as long as someone continues to create a thread about it.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Well I guess the topic is going to continue as long as someone continues to create a thread about it.

Those people will rue the day. The kitten avalanche will be divine in it's vengeance.

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2011, 01:57 PM
agreed on all points, and I understand the tendency to want Tebow gone, just try to remember the poor kid cant help the 1000's of whackos that come out of the woodwork to follow him. He just want to work hard get better and help the team win however he can do it IMO can't ask for much more

I have a lot of respect for Tebow and what he stands for, and I think he's a larger than life persona and cannot root against him.

With that being said, the dude is a circus act in terms of the hype that follows him. It's not even his fault and I'm sure he is utterly embarrassed at his "fans" for the way they have acted through all this, but for the benefit of my beloved organization that I have cheered for 30+ years, I want Tebow and his circus act gone.

I would gladly follow him be successful in another organization if that's in his cards, but through all the distractions and banding of Bronco fans vs Tebow fans, it's far too much of a distraction.

catfish
11-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Those people will rue the day. The kitten avalanche will be divine in it's vengeance.

all will suffer their fluffy vengance!

chazoe60
11-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I blame most of this on the media to be honest. I watched Stephen A. Smith this morning say Tebow gets a free pass because he's white. Really Stephen? What a dumb thing to say.

I've never seen a pro athlete who hasn't committed some off-field transgression attacked personally and professionally as much as Tebow. Anyone saying Tebow is getting anything other than hate and ridicule from the media is not paying attention.

I really think much of the overzealous Tebow fans are just so defensive at this point because every five minutes there's some so called expert telling everyone how shitty Tebow is then laughing in the face of anyone who dares say otherwise.

Mark Schlereth went as far as to proclaim "fans are stupid" last week on his radio show. They laugh at callers who suggest Tebow could get better and treat them as though they must be stupid naive bible thumping morons. So now the more zealous fans of Tebow are striking back and many of them are going after the wrong targets.

Don't get me wrong I'm not excusing their actions, we are all accountable for our selves. But I can also see how someone who felt strongly in favor of Tebow could start lashing out.

This young man truly is stuck in the middle of zealots and creeps on both sides.

catfish
11-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I have a lot of respect for Tebow and what he stands for, and I think he's a larger than life persona and cannot root against him.

With that being said, the dude is a circus act in terms of the hype that follows him. It's not even his fault and I'm sure he is utterly embarrassed at his "fans" for the way they have acted through all this, but for the benefit of my beloved organization that I have cheered for 30+ years, I want Tebow and his circus act gone.

I would gladly follow him be successful in another organization if that's in his cards, but through all the distractions and banding of Bronco fans vs Tebow fans, it's far too much of a distraction.

it is my most sincere hope that Tebow get his completion % up around 55% so the media will back off the story. I think that will quiet both sides down

Northman
11-25-2011, 02:08 PM
But I can also see how someone who felt strongly in favor of Tebow could start lashing out.

I dont.

If what the media says about a player affects you to the point of attacking them on twitter, etc than stop paying attention and eating it up. Ive stopped caring about what the media says in regards to many things Broncos related and only worry about what those "in the know" say. And i dont focus on one word, i look at the entire picture of whats being said. Tebow is a big boy, he doesnt need his fanbase acting like schoolgirls rioting on his behalf.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 02:09 PM
This young man truly is stuck in the middle of zealots and creeps on both sides.

Line of the thread.

SR
11-25-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope Denver beats the Chargers Sunday. Beyond that, I don't really care. At the end of the day, we know who the real fans of the TEAM are. The rest is bullshit.

Northman
11-25-2011, 02:10 PM
I hope Denver beats the Chargers Sunday. Beyond that, I don't really care. At the end of the day, we know who the real fans of the TEAM are. The rest is bullshit.

Amen.

Dreadnought
11-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I blame most of this on the media to be honest. I watched Stephen A. Smith this morning say Tebow gets a free pass because he's white. Really Stephen? What a dumb thing to say.

I've never seen a pro athlete who hasn't committed some off-field transgression attacked personally and professionally as much as Tebow. Anyone saying Tebow is getting anything other than hate and ridicule from the media is not paying attention.

I really think much of the overzealous Tebow fans are just so defensive at this point because every five minutes there's some so called expert telling everyone how shitty Tebow is then laughing in the face of anyone who dares say otherwise.

Mark Schlereth went as far as to proclaim "fans are stupid" last week on his radio show. They laugh at callers who suggest Tebow could get better and treat them as though they must be stupid naive bible thumping morons. So now the more zealous fans of Tebow are striking back and many of them are going after the wrong targets.

Don't get me wrong I'm not excusing their actions, we are all accountable for our selves. But I can also see how someone who felt strongly in favor of Tebow could start lashing out.

Exactly. The Sports Media has never disgusted me as much as they have with Tebow. They are nauseating for the most part. I will disagree with Rebelrocker in that I think the vast majority of media coverage has been negative towards Tebow, harsh, biased, unfair, and above all lazy. This is mostly what the Tebow partisans have overreacted to. EFX and Tebow have all conducted themselves well.

I now am in such a permanent state of rage at the media I want Tebow succeeding Denver for the next 15 years, not just for my own Broncofan purposes but to shove it squarely up the collective asses of the Merrill Hoges and Mel Kiper Jrs of the World.

I wish the Tebois would chill the **** out and realize EFX is not the enemy, the Media is. They make themselves look like idiots. That and TT's penchant for missing too many passes :D

wayninja
11-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I dont.

If what the media says about a player affects you to the point of attacking them on twitter, etc than stop paying attention and eating it up. Ive stopped caring about what the media says in regards to many things Broncos related and only worry about what those "in the know" say. And i dont focus on one word, i look at the entire picture of whats being said. Tebow is a big boy, he doesnt need his fanbase acting like schoolgirls rioting on his behalf.

To be fair, you are putting too much of that on Tebow himself. I'm not sure if you mean to or if I'm not reading between the lines correctly, but I highly doubt Tebow would condone the craziness of these people.

I agree the guy has a circus following, but I simply can't blame him for the ridiculous stupidity of others. That sets too much of a precedent for self-guilt over all you peoples stupid shit.

Northman
11-25-2011, 02:14 PM
To be fair, you are putting too much of that on Tebow himself. I'm not sure if you mean to or if I'm not reading between the lines incorrectly, but I highly doubt Tebow would condone the craziness of these people.

I agree the guy has a circus following, but I simply can't blame him for the ridiculous stupidity of others. That sets too much of a precedent for self-guilt over all you peoples stupid shit.

Oh no, i dont mean Tebow is at fault for what his fanbase does. In fact, i think he would be pretty disappointed in a lot of them.

nevcraw
11-25-2011, 02:44 PM
the behavior on either side of this inane fervor in ******* stupid.

I an not attacking elway when I say he is not yet a pro at communication or discretion. flame away.. he's the goat of qb'ing and still learning on how to be a savvy gm.

Northman
11-25-2011, 03:16 PM
the behavior on either side of this inane fervor in ******* stupid.

I an not attacking elway when I say he is not yet a pro at communication or discretion. flame away.. he's the goat of qb'ing and still learning on how to be a savvy gm.

I dont think your comments are what people have a problem with. In fact, many would agree with your sentiment. Its all the other over the top conspiracy theories about Elway wanting Tebow to fail, etc that people have a problem with.

sneakers
11-25-2011, 03:59 PM
This thread gets a little tiny kitten for indirectly talking about Tebow.

http://www.download4a.com/Android_Icons/Cute-kittens-LWP.png

nevcraw
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I dont think your comments are what people have a problem with. In fact, many would agree with your sentiment. Its all the other over the top conspiracy theories about Elway wanting Tebow to fail, etc that people have a problem with.

I get that... Elway's intentions should be all around building a sustainable winning team with the best players at each position. he will have to determine how long or how far he can get out of the tebow project.

where things get tough and testy is the emotion roller coaster the fans have been placed on since Shanny was canned. This is not all on the tebow gator lunatics, it's regular ol bronco fan's too. My assumption as one is - we are tired and want to win but also want to believe continuity is close at hand. Elway holds the key and and has missed and hit early in his new career. Are his choices going to get the most out of tebow and really try to take the amazing intangibles and cajole the rest out of him or his he going to cut bait when he get's a bead on the next pro style QB which will also be a gamble.. meanwhile what about the rest of the team? time will tell but I would like to stop the "now what" part of the bronco fandom and trade it for how we are going to beat this team or that..

Northman
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I get that... Elway's intentions should be all around building a sustainable winning team with the best players at each position. he will have to determine how long or how far he can get out of the tebow project.

where things get tough and testy is the emotion roller coaster the fans have been placed on since Shanny was canned. This is not all on the tebow gator lunatics, it's regular ol bronco fan's too. My assumption as one is - we are tired and want to win but also want to believe continuity is close at hand. Elway holds the key and and has missed and hit early in his new career. Are his choices going to get the most out of tebow and really try to take the amazing intangibles and cajole the rest out of him or his he going to cut bait when he get's a bead on the next pro style QB which will also be a gamble.. meanwhile what about the rest of the team? time will tell but I would like to stop the "now what" part of the bronco fandom and trade it for how we are going to beat this team or that..

And i think that is what he is saying when he says "No, i dont know if Tebow is our starting" QB yet.

While i think John wants Tebow to be that guy he is also looking for Tebow to improve in certain areas in the passing game. Something that has been a question mark for Tim coming into the league. Even though watching Tim win a handful of ballgames is fun and exciting compared to what we have had to deal with the last couple of years we cant afford as a franchise to just rely on a handful of games or be .500 again in the long run. John wants to get this franchise back to championship status and it starts with a QB who can do all the necessary things required of him. Gimmick QB's dont win championships, guys like Vick, McNabb, V. Young, etc have not been able to get it done when necessary and although each and every one of them have won ballgames its the longterm thing that John is looking at.

I dont think if John takes a shot at a QB in this coming draft is igoring the rest of the team personally. Ive said it before that if Tim can improve before the year is out and prove he can be the complete QB that John will probably re-evaluate where and when to take another QB. But right now based on what we've seen from Tebow its still a major question mark. John may or may not be perfect as a FO and may never be but no FO or CEO ever is. There are going to be bad choices along with good choices. Its just a matter of how much of each that happens for John that will decide his legacy in his current position. But i think people are getting far too caught up in the current wins and are not looking at the bigger picture when it comes to the QB position itself.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 05:23 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)

John Elway took plenty of heat for affirming the conventional wisdom across the league: Tim Tebow must improve his passing and his third-down conversions if he is to succeed in the NFL.

While his legion of supporters took to Twitter and the airwaves to assail Elway for not sticking up for Denver's young quarterback, Tebow ever so graciously agreed with his boss, saying he most certainly has to complete more passes and find ways for his team to stay on the field.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tebow-knows-Elway-is-right-He-has-to-get-better-59042071

wayninja
11-25-2011, 05:38 PM
He agreed with Elway? Oh, great. Now Tebow is anti-Tebow!

dogfish
11-25-2011, 05:53 PM

stop this madness now, before irreparable harm is done to our world. . .

Dreadnought
11-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Agreed. It will all end up like something from Season five of "Lost"

Nothing but a perpetual circle of paradoxes

wayninja
11-25-2011, 07:04 PM

I wish I could. But plainly this is a conspiracy. I can't wait to see the twitter backlash Tebow receives about his anti Tebow comments. He's going to get murdered and praised in the same 140 chars.

camdisco24
11-25-2011, 07:16 PM

Pro-Tebow fans are now going after Tebow on Tebow's own personal Twitter and causing mass confusion among themselves.

Most have since converted to Islam and started cheering for the Raiders.

MOtorboat
11-25-2011, 08:16 PM
What the hell is wrong with Tim Tebow!?!

broncobryce
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
If tebow is a cancer, I want cancer.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SR
11-25-2011, 08:37 PM
I want pumpkin cheesecake

catfish
11-25-2011, 09:05 PM
hold on a second while I log on to twitter and blast Tebow for thinking he needs to improve himself

wayninja
11-25-2011, 09:20 PM
hold on a second while I log on to twitter and blast Tebow for thinking he needs to improve himself

You don't get it c-fish. He WANTS to fail so that he can take an insurance bailout and start an orphanage in Honduras. Anyone with brain can see it.

dogfish
11-25-2011, 10:03 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tebow-knows-Elway-is-right-He-has-to-get-better-59042071

what the hell is wrong with tebow?

he knows elway is right, why doesn't tim get on twitter and defend john from these vicious and unwarranted attacks?

I want pumpkin cheesecake

i'll take cappuccino. . .

catfish
11-25-2011, 10:05 PM
what the hell is wrong with tebow?

he knows elway is right, why doesn't tim get on twitter and defend john from these vicious and unwarranted attacks?

i'll take cappuccino. . .

see wayninja's post, Tim is trying to get fired(to help baby hondurans)

dogfish
11-25-2011, 10:07 PM
this is more diabolical than i had first thought. . .

catfish
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
this is more diabolical than i had first thought. . .

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/tallykat668/tinfoilhat.jpg

Bullgator
11-25-2011, 11:59 PM

like you or anyone here is any different... we are all guilty of it. And let me tell you Red, Elway fans are just as passionate and zealous as Tebow fans.

You yourself have stooped very low in insulting me simply because you dont agree with me. What makes you different than them?

Whats amusing to me is the hypocrisy that people around here turn a blind eye to.

To call them stupid is to call yourself stupid.

sneakers
11-26-2011, 12:14 AM
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6096/6399068489_c194982d75_o.jpg

sneakers
11-26-2011, 12:14 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6399063255_680afb3bdf_o.jpg

sneakers
11-26-2011, 12:15 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6398019725_fbe967bb5d_b.jpg

silkamilkamonico
11-26-2011, 01:48 AM
like you or anyone here is any different... we are all guilty of it. And let me tell you Red, Elway fans are just as passionate and zealous as Tebow fans.

You yourself have stooped very low in insulting me simply because you dont agree with me. What makes you different than them?

Whats amusing to me is the hypocrisy that people around here turn a blind eye to.

Speaking of hypocrisy, how come you never post the good quotes Elway has about Tebow? There are plenty you can use every week.

The only difference between the Elway fanbase vs Tebow fanbase, is the Elway fanbase spent many years criticizine Elway's play before he earned their faith, yet the Tebow fanbase gets butthurt because someone says one legitimate comment about what Tebow, who hasn't accomplished anything in the NFL, has to improve.

"OMG, the nerve of John Elway to point out Tim Tebow's sturggles as a third down converter in the NFL!"

Quite frankly, genuine Bronco fans are tired of the Teboi's holding his hand week in and week out.

I'm certainly tired of it, because it's people like you and threads like your Elway/Bronco bashing that make me hate Tebow, and I don't wanna hate him I wanna cheer for him.

I Eat Staples
11-26-2011, 02:10 AM

Winning post.

sneakers
11-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Speaking of hypocrisy, how come you never post the good quotes Elway has about Tebow? There are plenty you can use every week.

The only difference between the Elway fanbase vs Tebow fanbase, is the Elway fanbase spent many years criticizine Elway's play before he earned their faith, yet the Tebow fanbase gets butthurt because someone says one legitimate comment about what Tebow, who hasn't accomplished anything in the NFL, has to improve.

"OMG, the nerve of John Elway to point out Tim Tebow's sturggles as a third down converter in the NFL!"

Quite frankly, genuine Bronco fans are tired of the Teboi's holding his hand week in and week out.

I'm certainly tired of it, because it's people like you and threads like your Elway/Bronco bashing that make me hate Tebow, and I don't wanna hate him I wanna cheer for him.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7012/6397473079_155956a997_o.jpg

FanInAZ
11-26-2011, 04:33 AM

1) Elway fans = Denver Broncos fans; Tebow fans = Tebow fans.

2) No Elway/Broncos fan ever accused Reeves of deliberately trying to sabotage Elway's career. Yes, I do believe that Reeves was a bad GM/HC whose incompetency had a negative impact on Elway's career. This assessment isn’t based on 1 preseason decision that Reeves made, but on all of the decisions that he made in 12 seasons as the Broncos HC (10 of which was with Elway as his QB). However, I’VE NEVER ACCUSED REEVES OF DOING IT ON PURPOSE!

3) Elway, after PROVING that he was a NFL ready QB at the end of his ROOKIE season, was LEADING the Broncos to a 13-3 record & divisional title in his 2ND season. That was back in 1984, when the AFCW was the BEST division in football instead of the 2ND WORST like it is today.

AFCW 1984
Broncos 13-3
Seahawks 12-4
Raiders 11-5
Chiefs 8-8
Charger 7-9

29 losses in 80 games

AFCW 2011 (Through 10 game)
Raider 6-4 (1 more loss through 8 games then the '84 1st Place Broncos had in 16)
Broncos 5-5 (1 more loss through 7 games then the '84 2nd Place Seahawks had in 16)
Chargers 4-6 (1 more loss through 10 games then the '84 3rd Place Raiders had in 16)
Chiefs 4-6 (2 fewer losses through 10 games then their '84 4th Place team had in 16)

21 losses in 40 games

I would love for Denver to win the division this year, but what Denver accomplished as a TEAM under Elway in his 2nd season is head & shoulders above what Denver would accomplish if they win out under Tebow (Unless we make it at least to the AFCCG).

catfish
11-26-2011, 08:59 AM

I will at least give Bull credit for this...when he goes to far he admits it. He started a thread I think he wasn't proud of and admitted it was a somewhat poorly thought out rant and tried to delete it. I respect that/

Northman
11-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Speaking of hypocrisy, how come you never post the good quotes Elway has about Tebow?

Can you say OWNED?

Northman
11-26-2011, 09:35 AM
I will at least give Bull credit for this...when he goes to far he admits it. He started a thread I think he wasn't proud of and admitted it was a somewhat poorly thought out rant and tried to delete it. I respect that/

He only admitted it because he got called on it. Silk is a 100% right, BG talks a big game about being "objective" but look at all his posts and he NEVER talks about the good qualities of Elway, only the negatives. Which is why ive never taken him seriously while some others fall for his shenanigans. He's no better than Vag-ever, only more educated. :lol:

catfish
11-26-2011, 10:00 AM
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/sweetdragon97/Funny%20Cats/37591.jpg