PDA

View Full Version : Running QBs

WIFan
11-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Why is at that everyone salivated over that fact that Vick, McNabb, Young could all run, and tried to make that part of their offensive scheme but now that Tebow is doing it well, everyone is on the other side of the fence?
Is it because virtually everyone said he wouldn't do this well or is it that the passing game has went nuts these last couple years?

Just a straight forwards question about trends in the league. I wonder how heavy doses of the forward pass were criticised when teams started to go to it?

SR
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
You missed the moratorium thread.

WIFan
11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
You missed the moratorium thread.
No I saw it. Stupidest thing I ever saw in a forum. Just some clown that can't admit his judgement might have been wrong originally.

SR
11-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually that's quite the opposite. You seem somewhat intelligent so I'll say you know the ol' cliché about assuming.

horsepig
11-24-2011, 05:27 PM
What's wrong with valid questions? If you don't like the thread Red, just move on to another.

In the same vein as the OP, somebody made the point on TV the other day that TT has only been hit about 1/4th as often in the spread option as sitting in the pocket in a conventional throw and throw offense. Not only that but, he has shown the smarts to duck out of bounds and slide once in a while.

Just an interesting point about runnig QB's durability.

weazel
11-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Why is at that everyone salivated over that fact that Vick, McNabb, Young could all run, and tried to make that part of their offensive scheme but now that Tebow is doing it well, everyone is on the other side of the fence?
Is it because virtually everyone said he wouldn't do this well or is it that the passing game has went nuts these last couple years?

Just a straight forwards question about trends in the league. I wonder how heavy doses of the forward pass were criticised when teams started to go to it?

because those other guys you talk about could actually throw the ball as well.

SR
11-24-2011, 07:03 PM
horsepig, thank you for your concern, but I like this thread just fine.

BroncoStud
11-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Lmao, saw this one coming from a mile away.

Northman
11-24-2011, 10:54 PM
For me personally i never thought much of Vick, Young, or McNabb so from my perspective the fact that Tebow is struggling isnt a surprise to me.

SR
11-24-2011, 10:58 PM
I've always thought highly of Vick as a football player because he has an absolute ******* cannon of an arm, but the other running quarterbacks I've never thought highly of. I've always thought McNabb was a good passer and was good at scrambling, but he changed his game really quickly in to a more pass first oriented game and saw a whole bunch of success with Philly as a result of his game evolution. Vince Young is dumber than a box of rocks with stupid paint on it and I don't ever expect him to be more of a backup for the rest of his career. Culpepper was a good balance of run and pass. His one phenomenal year with the Vikings was amazing, but unfortunately for him, he's an idiot as well. Statistically, running QBs succeed in college and not in the NFL. Teblow is winning games now and we're all riding our high horses for the time being, but it won't last unfortunately. That style of play is not conducive to the NFL.

SM19
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
All those other guys had doubters and detractors too.

nflfan
11-25-2011, 12:01 AM
There was a time when people were thinking that the next great evolution of the QB was the athletic, running QB, like Vick. That helped bring up the stock of Vince Young. Since then, people have seen that the running QB just isn't as effective as the passing QB. Mobility is a plus for a QB, but the primary factor is his passing ability.

I'm thinking if Tebow was entering the NFL in 2006, like Vince Young, his draft stock would be much higher than with the current NFL climate.

Northman
11-25-2011, 12:06 AM
There was a time when people were thinking that the next great evolution of the QB was the athletic, running QB, like Vick. That helped bring up the stock of Vince Young. Since then, people have seen that the running QB just isn't as effective as the passing QB. Mobility is a plus for a QB, but the primary factor is his passing ability.

I'm thinking if Tebow was entering the NFL in 2006, like Vince Young, his draft stock would be much higher than with the current NFL climate.

^This

wayninja
11-25-2011, 12:48 AM
http://www.2funnycats.com/files/media/cat-tongue-funny.jpg

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2011, 01:37 AM

You are obviously completely confused. Forget Vick, McNabb, and Young. The fact that Tim Tebow is running, and doing it well, is the reason why their are even arguments for or against him being the possible franchise QB for Denver.

I mean, nobody's on his bandwagon for his passing, that's an absolute given.

sneakers
11-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Goddammit people!

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6228/6395389581_fd41e1ca6e_o.jpg

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Wow, even on broadband that thing took forever to download. Extreme ***** closeup.

sneakers
11-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Wow, even on broadband that thing took forever to download. Extreme ***** closeup.

Flickr has the largest kitten pictures you can upload and browse through

the pictures are like 5600 x 3500

Northman
11-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I love p***y but that is ridiculuous Sneaks. lol

SR
11-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I love p***y but that is ridiculuous Sneaks. lol

Post that video clip of that Bengal kitten that you put on Facebook. That's a "warm and fuzzy" type video. As a matter of fact, my Burmese was sitting next to me when I played that video earlier and I'm pretty sure I heard her say "**** you for watching that video and liking it".

Northman
11-25-2011, 12:25 PM
j-gOABLQj-I

Locnar
11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Norwegian Forest Cat

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Norwegian_Forest_Cat_face_profile.jpg

SR
11-25-2011, 02:07 PM
We just got rid of our Norwegian over the summer. They're a pain in the ass to take care of. Their coats are heinous.

SR
11-25-2011, 02:08 PM
j-gOABLQj-I

Such an awesome cat.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I haven't seen Pussies this big since those Demi Moore pictures leaked.

SR
11-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I haven't seen Pussies this big since those Demi Moore pictures leaked.

I never saw those

wayninja
11-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I never saw those

If you are serious, PM me.