PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton Depreciation Thread

Agent of Orange
11-24-2011, 02:08 PM
His value has really plummeted, no? I'm not sure when the best time to trade him would have been with regard to getting the best return but the guy actually had a negative value at the end of his time here.

SR
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I had no idea.

claymore
11-24-2011, 04:52 PM
At the absolute peak of Ortons trade Value I would have been happy with a 5th rd'er.

TXBRONC
11-24-2011, 07:42 PM
A nine million dollar contract had a lot to do with a lack of interest in him.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Flex040679
11-24-2011, 07:44 PM
We could have gotten compensation if he wasn't cut

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 08:23 PM
We could have gotten compensation if he wasn't cut

As it was with Lloyd, it was very unlikely that Denver would have received compensation, because the comp picks are awarded when you lose more than you gain monetarily in free agency, and I find it highly unlikely that Denver would lose more high dollar talent than it will gain in the coming off season, with Orton and Lloyd the only really two free agents coming off the team and their value simply isn't that high (as we can see).

bcbronc
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Orton served the exact role he was acquired to serve: placeholder.

vettesplus
11-24-2011, 09:25 PM
all you orton haters are going to be crying in you milk if he comes to denver in week 17 and puts a hurt on the broncos and even maybe knocks them out of the playoffs....

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 09:29 PM
all you orton haters are going to be crying in you milk if he comes to denver in week 17 and puts a hurt on the broncos and even maybe knocks them out of the playoffs....

And you'd be happy about it? :confused:

vettesplus
11-24-2011, 09:30 PM

hell yes!!!!

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 09:31 PM
hell yes!!!!

Some Bronco fan you are.

BroncoTech
11-24-2011, 09:33 PM

I've waited 3 years hoping Orton would put an ass whopping on anybody. The idea that Orton could carry any team to victory is based on what?

vettesplus
11-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Some Bronco fan you are.

its not about the broncos, it about all the Orton hating morons...i've had the pleasure to meet orton, he is a pretty cool dude, if you havent met him and spoke with him you have no clue!!!!

camdisco24
11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
its not about the broncos, it about all the Orton hating morons...i've had the pleasure to meet orton, he is a pretty cool dude, if you havent met him and spoke with him you have no clue!!!!

I don't care if he's Jesus, if he's not in the Orange and Blue, SCREW EM'.

You would be ok with the Chefs beating the Broncos just to prove a point??? :confused:

SR
11-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Some Bronco fan you are.

Uhhh...yeah...it kinda is about the Broncos. Who gives a flying **** about how nice or cool he is? He sucked a big, veiny, triumphant ******* of a dick as a quarterback for the Broncos and deserved to be cut a LONG time ago.

Dreadnought
11-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Duly noted. I think you just permanently discredited yourself there, my friend. So be it. Your call. Go root for the Chiefs then, no skin off my ass.

SR
11-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Duly noted. I think you just permanently discredited yourself there, my friend. So be it. Your call. Go root for the Chiefs then, no skin off my ass.

As much as I like watching people get bitch slapped by some logic, I hate seeing you waste your time Dread.

BroncoStud
11-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Most of us "Orton haters" believe he is probably a cool guy, it is his horrific and sleep-inducing lack of talent on the field that drew our fierce criticism. I wish him well, and I hope that if we are lucky enough to play against him in week 17 that Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville make him regret his return to Mile High.

Troll is hungry, must eat, must eat.

igoe4broncos
11-24-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_buda5vWo

:beer:

I Eat Staples
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM

I don't care if my mother was on the opposite team, I'm cheering for the Broncos.

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 11:39 PM

So because he was cool to you he wasn't a shitty QB who pissed down his leg during almost every game winning oportunity he had?

Orton "haters" aren't morons, the correct term is "astute football fans".

wayninja
11-25-2011, 12:46 AM
My cousin is a pretty cool guy. Maybe he should start for the Broncos next season?

NameUsedBefore
11-25-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm not really a cool guy and there's no way I could hack it in the NFL.

Shit my life sucks.

chazoe60
11-25-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm a cool guy and I can throw a mini-football like, forever. I guess you bitches are all going to want my autograph next season.

dogfish
11-25-2011, 02:17 AM

hell yes!!!!

loser. . .

:welcome:

sneakers
11-25-2011, 02:33 AM
hell yes!!!!

:confused:

horsepig
11-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Vets sucks.

TXBRONC
11-25-2011, 09:03 AM

I don't consider myself an Orton hater nevertheless, you're dead wrong. If the Chiefs come into Denver and beat the Broncos then that what happens. Kyle Orton is a second tier starting quarterback at best putting a hurt on anyone is not his typical m.o.

MOtorboat
11-25-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't care if my mother was on the opposite team, I'm cheering for the Broncos.

Can she throw a football?

TXBRONC
11-25-2011, 09:20 AM

Probably a lot better than you can.

MOtorboat
11-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Probably a lot better than you can.

I'm not worried about my throwing ability. I'm worried about Tebow's.

TXBRONC
11-25-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm not worried about my throwing ability. I'm worried about Tebow's.

It doesn't do any good to worry.

Dzone
11-25-2011, 10:54 AM
People who have a crush on Orton are ******* weird

I Eat Staples
11-25-2011, 03:31 PM

I think she can throw a tighter spiral than Tebow.

Shazam!
11-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Tebow has energized the entire team, something Orton and his sulking ass could never do.

He reminds me of Cutler without the athletic ability. Cutler too was so nonchalant about everything and I hate that. No leadership on the field whatsoever from those guys.

...and Vet you're a jackass. You never root against the Broncos if you're a fan, and you are not.

the only circumstance I can see hoping the Broncos lost would be if they were something atrocious already, like 1-13 or 1-14, hoping they'd lose the last two for the #1 pick... but when they're in the deep of a playoff hunt?! If you hope they lose you need to get out of here and go to a forum of a different team, or show your true colors.

vettesplus
11-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Tebow has energized the entire team, something Orton and his sulking ass could never do.

He reminds me of Cutler without the athletic ability. Cutler too was so nonchalant about everything and I hate that. No leadership on the field whatsoever from those guys.

...and Vet you're a jackass. You never root against the Broncos if you're a fan, and you are not.

the only circumstance I can see hoping the Broncos lost would be if they were something atrocious already, like 1-13 or 1-14, hoping they'd lose the last two for the #1 pick... but when they're in the deep of a playoff hunt?! If you hope they lose you need to get out of here and go to a forum of a different team, or show your true colors.

i have been a bronco fan all my life and have been a season ticket holder for 26 years. i never realized how so many bronco fans were and are complete morons until i found this forum. i just love to see all you maniacs make complete asses of yourselfs:lol: on a open forum day after day. i will just continue my way of supporting the broncos with my own way of criticism. "peace out"!!! thats whats great about this country, i have my opinion and you have yours.

chazoe60
11-26-2011, 01:35 PM
i have been a bronco fan all my life and have been a season ticket holder for 26 years. i never realized how so many bronco fans were and are complete morons until i found this forum. i just love to see all you maniacs make complete asses of yourselfs:lol: on a open forum day after day. i will just continue my way of supporting the broncos with my own way of criticism. "peace out"!!! thats whats great about this country, i have my opinion and you have yours.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm pretty sure you're not actually a Bronco fan. You can lie about your season tickets all you want but it's pretty obvious you're a troll Nd a fan of a different team.

camdisco24
11-26-2011, 01:41 PM

It's not really about opinions, we have all sorts of different opinions, it's more about the team first mentality that most Denver Broncos fans have.

I don't think I'm venturing too far off the path when I say that most of us will always cheer for the Broncos to win no matter what our opinion is of past or present players. At the end of the day, a BRONCOS win is a BRONCOS win and I couldn't personally imagine hoping for another team to win just to spite other fans/opinions.

If thats moronic to you, we have a VERY different mentality.

chazoe60
11-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Vettes, I would love for you or any other Orton apologist to explain to me what he ever did to earn such loyalty from a Bronco fan?

Was it his stellar record? Was it his clutch play? Was it his amazing leadership abilities? Was it his awesome quotes such as declaring his 3-10 2010 season his "best season of my career"? Was stating "I had a pretty good year" after leading the Broncos to a 2-8 finish and missing the playoffs after starting out 6-0 in 2009? Was it quitting in the first quarter against our arch rivals en route to the most embarrassing regular season loss in franchise history?

Please enlighten us "morons" on the greatness that was Kyle Orton's Broncos tenure.

camdisco24
11-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Vettes, I would love for you or any other Orton apologist to explain to me what he ever did to earn such loyalty from a Bronco fan?

Was it his stellar record? Was it his clutch play? Was it his amazing leadership abilities? Was it his awesome quotes such as declaring his 3-10 2010 season his "best season of my career"? Was stating "I had a pretty good year" after leading the Broncos to a 2-8 finish and missing the playoffs after starting out 6-0 in 2009? Was it quitting in the first quarter against our arch rivals en route to the most embarrassing regular season loss in franchise history?

Please enlighten us "morons" on the greatness that was Kyle Orton's Broncos tenure.

Chaz, he was a nice dude, what more can you ask for?

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 03:08 PM

burn

DenBronx
11-26-2011, 03:09 PM

You and Orton can go circle jerk each other in KC.

MOtorboat
11-26-2011, 03:22 PM

To be honest, I don't think Orton got a very fair shake from the fans ever. The lack of wins did him in the end, and I don't want to see him quarterback the Broncos ever again, and am not sad to see him leave, but I don't think he was ever given much of a shot.

He's not great with a microphone in his face and I think that screwed him over even more. I think Woody Paige's article last December was unfair, as we saw him talking to Tebow on the sidelines regurlaly these last few games. I wouldn't doubt he's a nice guy, and it does bug me when fans feel the need to spit some of the vitriol they do in whatever platform it might be, message board, twitter, etc., so yeah, I do feel a little bad about what happened to him in Denver. Top it with one of the weirdest phenomenons ever in Tebow coming to Denver, and I think it was just a strange time to be here as the "other guy," whether it was the other guy to Tebow or the other guy to Cutler.

horsepig
11-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree with you, for once, Mo :beer:.

I just didn't like Orton as a QB, I have no personal animosity toward him, that would be plain stupid.

vettesplus
11-26-2011, 04:07 PM
To be honest, I don't think Orton got a very fair shake from the fans ever. The lack of wins did him in the end, and I don't want to see him quarterback the Broncos ever again, and am not sad to see him leave, but I don't think he was ever given much of a shot.

He's not great with a microphone in his face and I think that screwed him over even more. I think Woody Paige's article last December was unfair, as we saw him talking to Tebow on the sidelines regurlaly these last few games. I wouldn't doubt he's a nice guy, and it does bug me when fans feel the need to spit some of the vitriol they do in whatever platform it might be, message board, twitter, etc., so yeah, I do feel a little bad about what happened to him in Denver. Top it with one of the weirdest phenomenons ever in Tebow coming to Denver, and I think it was just a strange time to be here as the "other guy," whether it was the other guy to Tebow or the other guy to Cutler.

Mo, this is a very fair statement, i couldn't agree with you more. i don't want to see the broncos lose, just want to see alot of the fans get spit on by orton with the same spit they threw at him. i do want to see tt succeed, if not here maybe somewhere else. i just hate when people want to burn someone at the stack just because they are not meeting there perfect expectations. ive never said Orton was a great QB, and never said he is the QB for Denver, but i also never spit in his face like so many people have. he gave the best he could, maybe not enough but i would love to see all these coach potato qbs on this forum perform to his level.

vhatever
11-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I remember watching a preseason game this year, the one where webber threw that touchdown pass. The sideline camera caught tebow running along the sidelines cheering on the play and orton kinda stood there his hands on his hips, then he sees tebow run past cheering and then noticed the camera looking at right him, then he tepidly raised his hands in "celebration". Haha. "Am I doing this right?"

SR
11-26-2011, 04:57 PM

How can you say "I have my opinions and you have yours" then call all of us morons and asses in the same post because of different opinions? You're a walking contradiction.

BroncoAV06
11-26-2011, 06:15 PM
How can you say "I have my opinions and you have yours" then call all of us morons and asses in the same post because of different opinions? You're a walking contradiction.

Starburts a juicy contadiction!

vettesplus
11-26-2011, 09:26 PM

at least my opinions show a little class and respect!!!

SR
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM

By calling us morons and asses? That's your version of class and respect?

vhatever
11-26-2011, 09:44 PM

Shouldn't you be busy learning the KC playbook?

SR
11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Shouldn't you be busy learning the KC playbook?

Quit being such an ass. Moron. ;)

chazoe60
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Quit being such an ass. Moron. ;)

Finally SR, you're showing some class and respect.

FlyByU
11-27-2011, 03:29 AM
If Orton does start vs. Broncos he will meet Doom and Miller several times and it wont be half speed and QB tag it will be full speed and hard hitting. 2 good hits and Orton will be ready to pad his stats in a losing effort like he normally does.

I Eat Staples
11-27-2011, 03:39 AM

Opinions were never in question. A real Broncos fan wouldn't root against their team just to prove a point to some fans on a message board. For someone who has only negative things to say about the people on this board, you sure do care a lot for what we think.

And don't go around acting like you're better or smarter than the posters here. If you'd like to debate football (or anything really) with me I'd be happy to oblige. I'm sure you would end up learning a thing or two.

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 10:52 AM
As it was with Lloyd, it was very unlikely that Denver would have received compensation, because the comp picks are awarded when you lose more than you gain monetarily in free agency, and I find it highly unlikely that Denver would lose more high dollar talent than it will gain in the coming off season, with Orton and Lloyd the only really two free agents coming off the team and their value simply isn't that high (as we can see).

Moreno could very well be gone as well as Royal. There is no way this team signs more in FA, especially having been through the Warren debacle, then they lose. They may sign guys but the FA bonanza days of Shanahan left with him.

This team had a compensatory pick in Lloyd. Not sure it would be higher than the 5th they are likely to receive so not a big deal there. But Orton would have brought a decent pick far more than the 1.5 million they are going to save.

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Moreno could very well be gone as well as Royal. There is no way this team signs more in FA, especially having been through the Warren debacle, then they lose. They may sign guys but the FA bonanza days of Shanahan left with him.

This team had a compensatory pick in Lloyd. Not sure it would be higher than the 5th they are likely to receive so not a big deal there. But Orton would have brought a decent pick far more than the 1.5 million they are going to save.

Actually I think we're going to be forced to spend more in FA than we lose. Next year is the first year that the salary floor comes into play. We have quite a bit of money to spend before we get up to the level required by the new CBA.

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 10:57 AM

You don't get to blast Orton or have a critical opinion of the guy and his 6-21 (of 27 most recent games) record because you haven't met Orton, Chazoe! :duh:

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Actually I think we're going to be forced to spend more in FA than we lose. Next year is the first year that the salary floor comes into play. We have quite a bit of money to spend before we get up to the level required by the new CBA.

They could simply re-do contracts for guys who are due or close to it and spend that way.

If this team is so cash strapped, as people speculate, to the point it needed to dump Orton to save $1.5 million then I think not meeting the floor may be an option. That, or they will be just above it.

What is the penalty for not spending the minimum anyway? :confused:

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 11:05 AM
They could simply re-do contracts for guys who are due or close to it and spend that way.

If this team is so cash strapped, as people speculate, to the point it needed to dump Orton to save $1.5 million then I think not meeting the floor may be an option. That, or they will be just above it.

What is the penalty for not spending the minimum anyway? :confused:

My understanding is it's just not an option. Not sure how it's enforced though.

I suspect that the Orton dump was brought on yes to save cash but also because Orton's agent poked around and told Denver that someone would claim him on waivers, and asked the Broncos to let it happen. It was win win for both sides.

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Opinions were never in question. A real Broncos fan wouldn't root against their team just to prove a point to some fans on a message board. For someone who has only negative things to say about the people on this board, you sure do care a lot for what we think.

And don't go around acting like you're better or smarter than the posters here. If you'd like to debate football (or anything really) with me I'd be happy to oblige. I'm sure you would end up learning a thing or two.

look me up at a bronco game and we can debate things in the stands, oh i'm sorry i see you don't even live in denver.:laugh:

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 12:14 PM
look me up at a bronco game and we can debate things in the stands, oh i'm sorry i see you don't even live in denver.:laugh:

And I see from your sig and posting history that you don't even root for the Broncos. :laugh:

Everyone is :laugh: at you.

FlyByU
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM

Maybe the Admins should check your IP and make sure it is from Denver.

Saying you go to games and such don't cut it. This is the internet and I take bragging to be lies most of the time. Not saying you are but I doubt before I believe in anything boasted about on the internet.

Nomad
11-27-2011, 12:41 PM
And I see from your sig and posting history that you don't even root for the Broncos. :laugh:

I wouldn't mess with a dude who eats staples:D

The ol silly 'you don't live in Denver' thingy.....:lol:

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Maybe the Admins should check your IP and make sure it is from Denver.

Saying you go to games and such don't cut it. This is the internet and I take bragging to be lies most of the time. Not saying you are but I doubt before I believe in anything boasted about on the internet.

its from denver

SR
11-27-2011, 12:58 PM

OhhhhhhhhhhSNAP! Sick burn dude. Damn.

Too bad you can't man up and defend your stance that I so eloquently pointed out.

Mephisto
11-27-2011, 01:04 PM
So to sum up this thread, Vettes is a troll and Orton is the Coolest Guy Ever to take the fetal position at the slightest whiff of a sack. Check. :elefant:

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 01:07 PM

if orton comes to denver, throws for 350 yards 4 touchdowns but "the chiefs" loses by a last second field goal, i would consider that sticking it to all the orton haters. then you wont be able to slam orton for the loss. lets be real the chiefs suck so the broncos should win. am i rooting for the broncos to lose?, hell no!!. i will admit i was on the luck sweepstake bandwagon until the broncos fell off, but outside that i go to every other home game with my elway jersey on and fit right in with all the fans:salute:, but i do look at things in prospective manner!!

camdisco24
11-27-2011, 01:11 PM

sob, I forgot you have to live in Denver to be a Broncos fan

Bye guys, heading to the Panthers forum. It's been fun.

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 01:13 PM
if orton comes to denver, throws for 350 yards 4 touchdowns but "the chiefs" loses by a last second field goal, i would consider that sticking it to all the orton haters. then you wont be able to slam orton for the loss. lets be real the chiefs suck so the broncos should win. am i rooting for the broncos to lose?, hell no!!. i will admit i was on the luck sweepstake bandwagon until the broncos fell off, but outside that i go to every other home game with my elway jersey on and fit right in with all the fans:salute:, but i do look at things in prospective manner!!

In one of your earlier posts you flat out said you wanted Orton and the Chiefs to beat Denver and keep them out of the playoffs. If you're going to be a trolling douche at least have the integrity to stick to your shitty beliefs.

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
In one of your earlier posts you flat out said you wanted Orton and the Chiefs to beat Denver and keep them out of the playoffs. If you're going to be a trolling douche at least have the integrity to stick to your shitty beliefs.

let me quote that post....
"all you orton haters are going to be crying in you milk if he comes to denver in week 17 and puts a hurt on the broncos and even maybe knocks them out of the playoffs...."

did i say anything about i "want" them to lose??:confused:

i will be at that game rooting for the broncos but also hoping orton has a strong game!!!

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 01:23 PM
let me quote that post....
"all you orton haters are going to be crying in you milk if he comes to denver in week 17 and puts a hurt on the broncos and even maybe knocks them out of the playoffs...."

did i say anything about i "want" them to lose??:confused:

Then I asked you if you'd be happy about it and you said "hell yes!!!"

Come on man, you suck at trolling.

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
your reading it in your own way, i will be happy to see all the haters with there heads in there laps and nothing to say negative about his performance, nothing about the broncos losing!!! that includes a few haters that i sit by at the games.

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 01:30 PM

does my sig say anything in regards to the broncos losing the game? not to me!!!

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 01:31 PM
How do you explain this post dipshit?

i truly hope that in week 17 the broncos are in a position to go to the playoffs but need to defeat the chiefs and kyle Orton. then i hope Orton comes to Denver and just puts a hurt on Denver and sends them to the off season. not because i want the broncos to lose but to see all the Orton haters here in Denver cry in there milk,and maybe then they will shut the f...k up about Orton. good luck Orton in your future and will hope to see you wipe your nose with all the Denver bronco fan Orton haters.

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM
hey, its been fun, thats whats great about all this, you can strongly debate but at the end i could sit down and drink a beer with any of you!!!:beer:

vettesplus
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
How do you explain this post dipshit?

"not because i want the broncos to lose but to see all the Orton haters here in Denver cry in there milk"

explained it dipshit,, gotta go see ya!!

chazoe60
11-27-2011, 01:37 PM
"not because i want the broncos to lose but to see all the Orton haters here in Denver cry in there milk"

explained it dipshit,, gotta go see ya!!

"i truly hope that in week 17 the broncos are in a position to go to the playoffs but need to defeat the chiefs and kyle Orton. then i hope Orton comes to Denver and just puts a hurt on Denver and sends them to the off season."

Please tell me more.

SR
11-27-2011, 04:15 PM

If back peddling was a sport, you'd be an Olympic gold medalist.

SR
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
hey, its been fun, thats whats great about all this, you can strongly debate but at the end i could sit down and drink a beer with any of you!!!:beer:

I strongly doubt I'd ever have a beer with you. I don't feel like being one-upped and demoralized by a Chiefs fan with a Corvette (which means you either have a small pecker or think you're better than everyone. Or both).

jhildebrand
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM

I know people who have season tickets that live in WY, MT, UT and KC and make it to 99% of the games.

:coffee:

vettesplus
11-28-2011, 07:33 PM
I know people who have season tickets that live in WY, MT, UT and KC and make it to 99% of the games.

:coffee:

I know a person who has season tickets that lives in colorado and makes 50% of the home games, ( have to split them with my dad):confused: