PDA

View Full Version : Elway Clarifies Tebow position

wayninja
11-23-2011, 11:29 PM
As much as it pains me to start yet another thread about Tebow, I felt the need to post this to try to debunk some of the crazy rumor mongering going on around here.

Elway is hopeful that Tebow becomes our future QB, but just simply doesn't know yet, which is why he answered that way earlier in the week when asked. He made the comments in an interview with Dave Logan on KOA today. Here's the article.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/23/elway-i-am-very-hopeful-that-tim-tebow-is-our-guy/10865/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Please keep the craziness to a minimum in your new Elway-arch-villain theories.

weazel
11-23-2011, 11:38 PM
I just seen a video with Elway lurking around on the grassy knoll, that sick sonofabitch!

MOtorboat
11-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Pretty much just shows how stupid the overreaction was from his zealots.

Especially the idiots who tweeted Elway and made the reaction a national story. You people are ******* morons.

So annoying.

Agent of Orange
11-23-2011, 11:40 PM
As much as it pains me to start yet another thread about Tebow, I felt the need to post this to try to debunk some of the crazy rumor mongering going on around here.

Elway is hopeful that Tebow becomes our future QB, but just simply doesn't know yet, which is why he answered that way earlier in the week when asked. He made the comments in an interview with Dave Logan on KOA today. Here's the article.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/23/elway-i-am-very-hopeful-that-tim-tebow-is-our-guy/10865/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if Elway will learn from this. Hopefully so.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 11:42 PM

I wonder if you will learn from this. Hopefully so.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2011, 11:44 PM

I hope the only thing John learns from this is rather than being honest, rather than trying to communicate with the fans, etc., I hope he says nothing anymore, just like past regimes did.

MOtorboat
11-23-2011, 11:48 PM
I hope the only thing John learns from this is rather than being honest, rather than trying to communicate with the fans, etc., I hope he says nothing anymore, just like past regimes did.

Elway should say what he feels. He did nothing wrong, at all. Anyone who suggests otherwise completely lacks perspective.

Are you any closer to determining who the starting quarterback is next year? I wish he had said "hell no."

It would be stupid to make a decision like that with what we've been presented with thus far.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 11:50 PM
As I've said before, it's all on Tebow. Improve and bevome out franchise QB. Continue to stink in the passing game and we'll replace ya.

Dzone
11-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Elway is polarizing!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Elway should say what he feels. He did nothing wrong, at all. Anyone who suggests otherwise completely lacks perspective.

Are you any closer to determining who the starting quarterback is next year? I wish he had said "hell no."

It would be stupid to make a decision like that with what we've been presented with thus far.

I agree - he should be able to say what he feels - but, he means way too much to true Bronco fans who do not feel it is right he is getting ripped on twitter, on message boards, etc. He has done nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.

BORDERLINE
11-23-2011, 11:55 PM
If this was his original response I believe there would have been nothing to make a deal about.

Agent of Orange
11-23-2011, 11:56 PM

When he clarified he wasn't being honest?

When he was as curt as he was initially, that made things way more ambiguous than they needed to be. He also needs to learn that people are watching the Broncos with interest nationally. The national media has taken drastic swings where Tebow is concerned. They were absolutely brutal early on. You simply can't afford to be that ambiguous. It potentially creates a distraction within the team and it's also caused Elway to spend time and energy putting the fire he, himself, created.

You can be honest while still avoiding an ambush. Tebow does it all the time.

camdisco24
11-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Elway is learning on the job, and this is just part of it.
Unlike most people, he's actually doing a pretty good job while learning so we should be thankful for that.

Denver Native (Carol)
If this was his original response I believe there would have been nothing to make a deal about.

Why, at the time he said no, he then stated his reasons for saying that. That should have been good enough.

MOtorboat

His original response was running through the locker room happy and high fiving people.

So, I guess, there goes that part of the conspiracy.

sneakers
11-23-2011, 11:59 PM
I just seen a video with Elway lurking around on the grassy knoll, that sick sonofabitch!

Wasn't he 3 years old back then?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Logan asked Elway about his comments earlier this week on 102.3 FM The Ticket. Asked if he knew anything more about his future quarterback than he did five weeks ago (when Tebow became the Broncos’ starting), Elway said, “Um, no.” He then delivered a mostly positive assessment of Tebow while adding his young quarterback needed to improve his third-down passing.

Anybody disagree that TT does not need to improve his third-down passing????

Simple Jaded
11-24-2011, 12:00 AM
The question Vic and Gary asked Elway was too vague to begin with, l'm not surprised it got the reaction it did but it's not like they asked "Are you even more convinced that Tebow ISN'T your QB of the future?".

If he answers that it might actually give people something to whine about.......

wayninja
11-24-2011, 12:01 AM

Horseshit. Everything Tebow is blown so far out of proportion it's not funny. Even this clarification will have the crazies coming out of the woodwork. Mark my words.

If anyone reasonable had listened to the entire interview instead of being spoonfed a juicy sound bite and jumping to an irrational conclusion, this clarification would not have been necessary.

Agent of Orange
11-24-2011, 12:02 AM
I agree - he should be able to say what he feels - but, he means way too much to true Bronco fans who do not feel it is right he is getting ripped on twitter, on message boards, etc. He has done nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.

It's not about "true" Broncos fans. It's beyond ignorant to say that the only people who were bothered by this were the Tebow Maniacs. Lets face it. Elway is new to this job so there are valid concerns. Overall, you could give Elway credit for a lot of things that have happened since last year. But when it comes to PR, he needs some work. It's not unfair for Broncos fans to have concerns about Elway being inexperienced in his current position. In fact, real Broncos fans should be concerned, if anything.

Real Broncos fans should be able to enjoy the first run of sustained success without having to worry about whether or not an inexperienced executive is causing a distraction.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Anybody disagree that TT does not need to improve his third-down passing????

That's a double negative. So... no?

I don't disagree? I think?

wayninja
11-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Real Broncos fans should be able to enjoy the first run of sustained success without having to worry about whether or not an inexperienced executive is causing a distraction.

The 'distraction' was artificially manufactured by zealots. The only thing Elway needs to learn from this is that there are ******* crazy, stupid, ridiculous, idiots out there and he needs to cater to them in his responses.

Agent of Orange
11-24-2011, 12:05 AM
The 'distraction' was artificially manufactured by zealots. The only thing Elway needs to learn from this is that there are ******* crazy, stupid, ridiculous, idiots out there and he needs to cater to them in his responses.

You're a pathetic apologist. You're worse than those you condemn. Congrats.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 12:07 AM
You're a pathetic apologist. You're worse than those you condemn. Congrats.

I'm sorry.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Let the insults begin!

ikillz0mbies
11-24-2011, 12:12 AM
It's getting ridiculous on how people throw a huge fit when anyone says anything bad about Tebow. This thing with Elway is proof of that. Elway was being honest and what he said was true. Tebow HAS to work on his accuracy and third down efficiency. Those that don't see that are flat out ignorant. A simple Tebow criticism is becoming sacrilegious. I don't hate Tebow. I love the guy and he does win, and does indeed bring that indescribable "it" factor when he steps on the field. That doesn't mean his immune to criticism or improvements. People taking the smallest of criticism and blowing it up need to relax.

BroncoBJ
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I love how people think cussing out Elway on twitter is going to change anything :lol: Typical idiots we have here as fans. Well maybe just the Tebow/Florida fans. I want Tebow to be our QB but I'm not gonna cuss out John for that to happen. :lol:

The world would truely be a better place with the Tebow fans from Florida. Thats for sure.

BeefStew25
11-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Elway didn't pick Tebow.

He picked Von.

Poke holes in that.

rationalfan
11-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Elway did nothing wrong. He can't base his work/actions on the overreactions of fan boys.

And the fan boys did nothing wrong. They're supposed to be overreactive morons.

Agent of Orange
11-24-2011, 12:29 AM
And here come all the flunky sychophants.

Jsteve01
11-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Elway didn't pick Tebow.

He picked Von.

Poke holes in that.

Bam

hamrob
11-24-2011, 01:08 AM

It would be stupid to make a decision like that with what we've been presented with thus far.Yeah, winning 4 out of 5 games is definitely a poor sign of talent!!!:2thumbs:

hamrob
11-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Anybody disagree that TT does not need to improve his third-down passing????Man, some of you just don't like this kid...do you?

Sure...but, what is he working with??

Most of those 3rd downs have been 3rd and long...and with usually 2 WR's being double covered.

Go take a look at the film and pick out all those open receivers on 3rd down that Tebow has missed.

Maybe we need to stop being so predictable. Maybe try a pass play on 2nd down? Who knows, maybe put in an extra receiver and run a slant (quick hit). Hey, maybe utilize the TE in the middle of the field??

Sure, Tebow has to improve....but, dog-piling on the kid is really pathetic!:tsk:

hamrob
11-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Horseshit. Everything Tebow is blown so far out of proportion it's not funny. Even this clarification will have the crazies coming out of the woodwork. Mark my words.

If anyone reasonable had listened to the entire interview instead of being spoonfed a juicy sound bite and jumping to an irrational conclusion, this clarification would not have been necessary.Come on man. Have you ever seen an organization keep such distance from a 1st round draft pick?

I mean, take the glasses off and focus.

Show me a QB in the NFL, that is or was in his 8th start, where the Organization doesn't fully support him. Please...give me a name. Show me where this has actually been the case.

I'm 100% loyal to Elway...but, if he dumps Tebow and he goes on to win a Championship elsewhere...that will be Elway's Legacy.

I think Tebow is a good passer. He will become a very good passer if we get off his back and let him play football. Can you imagine what a little encouragement might do for the kid??

Flex040679
11-24-2011, 01:33 AM
25yr Broncos fan here<<<

Elway wants a win ready QB with great accuracy... not Tebow

He's not a fan... Denver gave a lot to get this kid he needs a good look but in the end he's gone... and he'll make Denver pay for it before its over

Flex040679
11-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Didn't tebow pass for over 250yds a game last year?

wayninja
11-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Come on man. Have you ever seen an organization keep such distance from a 1st round draft pick?

Show me a QB in the NFL, that is or was in his 8th start, where the Organization doesn't fully support him. Please...give me a name. Show me where this has actually been the case.

I'm 100% loyal to Elway...but, if he dumps Tebow and he goes on to win a Championship elsewhere...that will be Elway's Legacy.

I think Tebow is a good passer. He will become a very good passer if we get off his back and let him play football. Can you imagine what a little encouragement might do for the kid??

Holy shit. Did you even read the article? I guess I should thank you for proving my point by completely failing to rise to the challenge of the thread.

They dumped Orton and now Elway has given tentative approval. What exactly are your factions demands?

Simple Jaded
11-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Tebow has missed tons of open receivers, hamrod, and that has nothing to do with hate.

If Elway lets Tebow go his legacy is not tied to Tebow, it'll be tied to the team he builds without Tebow.

It's not like he be trading a 25-year-old franchise QB coming off a ProBowl season, at the moment this is a horrible passer who had no business going in the 1st round. The entire league has significant doubts about Tebow, the only people that would hold it against Elway are the people that think that Tebow is better than he currently is.......

Simple Jaded
11-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Come on man. Have you ever seen an organization keep such distance from a 1st round draft pick?

There are tons of examples, Jim Druckenmiller was traded a year after he was drafted.......

BeefStew25
11-24-2011, 02:19 AM
And here come all the flunky sychophants.

Von is crappy?

BORDERLINE
11-24-2011, 02:39 AM
Why, at the time he said no, he then stated his reasons for saying that. That should have been good enough.
I already had a long chat with North over this same issue. We agreed to disagree.

By Elway coming out an essentially cleaning up the comment HE made I'm sure he would have done it differently now.

Yes I know like the rest of the world knows that TEBOW is not a good pocket passer a good passer overall for that matter. I'm not throwing up my arms every time someone says anything negative like Plummer the Lions defensive players or Rob Ryan or whoever. My whole issue was his comment was not needed at least the way he delivered it.

Like I have said I'm sure TEBOW does not let this effect him just like i'm sure Elway does not lose sleep over the TEBOW backlash.

It was a mistake IMO and i'm pretty sure Elway will think twice before answering a question in that manner of little importance on a morning RADIO show. The local media will give you both sides of the story. The national media will blow up the more controversial one therefore making something like this a distraction

vhatever
11-24-2011, 02:39 AM
Miller is awesome, but I doubt the guy who was just attending games to "learn how to scout" had that much input in the actual process beyond ceremony.

Bullgator
11-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Pretty much just shows how stupid the overreaction was from his zealots.

Especially the idiots who tweeted Elway and made the reaction a national story. You people are ******* morons.

So annoying.

No it pretty much shows he was a bonehead and SAID THIS from the beginning. Homer all you want but he ****** up MO. and now he corrected it... so now its water under the bridge to me... I should hope he handles this question better next time. Cuz he will be asked again...

bcbronc
11-24-2011, 03:58 AM
No it pretty much shows he was a bonehead and SAID THIS from the beginning. Homer all you want but he ****** up MO. and now he corrected it... so now its water under the bridge to me... I should hope he handles this question better next time. Cuz he will be asked again...

so you want Elway to lie to all the little Broncomaniacs? That would make baby Tebow cry.

Ravage!!!
11-24-2011, 04:01 AM
He was right with his answer the first time, I hope he gives an even Stronger and more honest answer the next time asked! The "fans" want something warm and cozy. Bullgator wants to curl up at night with a fuzzy feeling in his loins from all the nice things said about Tebow.

If you want Tebow to just be "tebow".. then realize that Elway is bigger, and we want Elway to just be ELWAY.... speak your mind John, don't let the worshipping lemmings give you an OUNCE of hesitation.

nflfan
11-24-2011, 05:20 AM

Honesty versus diplomacy.

Elway probably thought fans would appreciate him actually telling it the way he sees it. Now, he's gonna put on some kid gloves for a certain segment of the fanbase. That's sad.

Joel
11-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Er, sorry, that was me: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1449944&postcount=78 I just happened to be wearing my #7 jersey at the time; apologies for the confusion it has caused. :redface:

FanInAZ
11-24-2011, 07:17 AM

Can someone actually provide me with a link to something Elway actually said in public that could be considered negative about Tebow? All of the reports that I've seen talking about him not liking Tebow have come from unnamed sources that supposedly work for the Broncos' organization making claims about what Elway is saying behind closed door. Then again, I haven't read most conspiracy thread that the pro-Tebow & anti-Orton extremists have started because I'm so sick and tired of hearing them trash Elway's name just because he has a different view of what is in the short term best interest of the Broncos. In fact, the only reason I opened this thread is because its title suggested that it was about something Elway actually said; instead of the ranting of someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about.

sneakers
11-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Can someone actually provide me with a link to something Elway actually said in public that could be considered negative about Tebow? All of the reports that I've seen talking about him not liking Tebow have come from unnamed sources that supposedly work for the Broncos' organization making claims about what Elway is saying behind closed door. Then again, I haven't read most conspiracy thread that the pro-Tebow & anti-Orton extremists have started because I'm so sick and tired of hearing them trash Elway's name just because he has a different view of what is in the short term best interest of the Broncos. In fact, the only reason I opened this thread is because its title suggested that it was about something Elway actually said; instead of the ranting of someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about.

I think he said it on a radio show.

FanInAZ
11-24-2011, 07:49 AM
I think he said it on a radio show.

What were the exact words that he said? Can you provide a link so I can not only hear that, but the context in which he made this alleged statement?

orange&blue
11-24-2011, 08:55 AM
What were the exact words that he said? Can you provide a link so I can not only hear that, but the context in which he made this alleged statement?

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=60

11-21 Part 1 of the John Elway Show w/Vic & Gary

At 03:12 of the 1st segment of the show Elway is asked by Gary "Are you any closer to feeling that you have your qb on this team than you were 4 or 5 weeks ago??" Elway response is "Uhhh, Nooo! He's making progress, has to improve, etc....."

This part of the show is what started the firestorm that is still burning.

river7sailor
11-24-2011, 09:08 AM
TT will one day be acknowledged as a one of a kind Great QB. And the Broncos will look back and say, "We blew it Big Time."

TXBRONC
11-24-2011, 09:12 AM

It would not surprise me if a majority of Bronco fans knew what Elway meant.

vettesplus
11-24-2011, 09:15 AM

it all goes with the territory, he makes the big bucks he can get hammered by the public once in a while!!! and do you think he really cares what the public has to say about the situation, if you do your a moron!!!

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, winning 4 out of 5 games is definitely a poor sign of talent!!!:2thumbs:

Josh McDaniels and Kyle Orton won six games in a row.

:fart:

lgenf
11-24-2011, 09:31 AM
The fact that he actually went out to Clarify his previous statement seems to lend credence to the thought that Elway knows he mis-stepped with the context for that comment, whether TRUE or NOT.

You dont go out and shit on your starting QB after 8 starts when he's 5-3 overall and on a 3 game win streak.

That said, everyone knows we have issues on 3rd down and YES TIM DOES HAVE TO IMPROVE, however run left first down, run right second down and try to throw it on 3rd and long with sub par WRs a QB with accuracy issues and formations that clearly do not HELP a young QB, those are all factors that add in.

That is one reason why that 5 wide spread formation works so well at the end of games, it gives our offense the advantage.

John mis-stepped, small or not, that was all it was, but when it comes to Tebow that national media is going to run with everything, he fixed it now and hopefully the team continues to move on and win, and Tebow continues to get better.

Those of you that blindly believe in elway may be as bad as those of us that blindly believe in Tebow, john messed up here, if you don't see it then we can all just continue to disagree and not see each others positions, but HE clarified it to fix it.

Nomad
11-24-2011, 09:34 AM
As I've said before, it's all on Tebow. Improve and bevome out franchise QB. Continue to stink in the passing game and we'll replace ya.

Right on! No more QB draw plays or option......let Tebow prove he can throw it and McCoy call those plays.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 09:35 AM

Elway didn't **** up. He just provided an answer that the zealots didn't want to hear, and then they overreacted like a 13-year-old girl that got dumped for the first time.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Right on! No more QB draw plays or option......let Tebow prove he can throw it and McCoy call those plays.

They tried that.

Nomad
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
They tried that.

Well...keep trying:whoknows:. Kid will never learn running QB draws. I understand it gives them the best chance to win with Tebow...oh well whatever happens is gonna happen and Tebow better be a fast learner or he won't be the starting QB.

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I rewatched the Raiders game on my DVR and that is the gameplan we should use. We actually threw the ball in that game and Tebow looked pretty good doing it. His completion % was thrown out of whack by roughly 5 passes into the dirt at the end of the first half in a situation where I believe Tim was throwing the ball away on purpose. We were in the redzone and there was absolutely no seperation from our WRs and if you watch the Game you'll see that there was nowhere for Tim to throw the football so he threw it low, if our guy could make a great catch okay but it wasn't going to be a turnover.

That was probably Tim's best game as a pro and probably McCoy's best game as a playcaller.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 09:50 AM
I rewatched the Raiders game on my DVR and that is the gameplan we should use. We actually threw the ball in that game and Tebow looked pretty good doing it. His completion % was thrown out of whack by roughly 5 passes into the dirt at the end of the first half in a situation where I believe Tim was throwing the ball away on purpose. We were in the redzone and there was absolutely no seperation from our WRs and if you watch the Game you'll see that there was nowhere for Tim to throw the football so he threw it low, if our guy could make a great catch okay but it wasn't going to be a turnover.

That was probably Tim's best game as a pro and probably McCoy's best game as a playcaller.

This.

They threw the ball enough to loosen up the defense, especially the ends, and then made them pay. It was beautiful to watch.

Although I thought Royal was open in the end zone at the end of the half against Oakland and Tebow was moving to his right, and threw across his body and he one-hopped it to Royal.

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 09:54 AM
This.

They threw the ball enough to loosen up the defense, especially the ends, and then made them pay. It was beautiful to watch.

Although I thought Royal was open in the end zone at the end of the half against Oakland and Tebow was moving to his right, and threw across his body and he one-hopped it to Royal.

I'll look for that play again.

I loved the TD passes in that game. The one to Decker showed anticipation and accuracy. The one to Royal was something we need to do more of. It was playaction and we moved the pocket, it wasn't a full on bootleg but it was close. I don't know why we don't do that more often.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 10:11 AM
And by the way, for those that think he HAD to go on and "clarify" his position, he was scheduled to appear on KOA later on Monday, because Vic and Gary reference it at the end of the interview.

:coffee:

Edit: I see the posted link is a later in the week interview with Logan and Krieger.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 10:12 AM
By Elway coming out an essentially cleaning up the comment HE made I'm sure he would have done it differently now.

The fact that he actually went out to Clarify his previous statement seems to lend credence to the thought that Elway knows he mis-stepped with the context for that comment, whether TRUE or NOT.

I'm sensing a pattern here. So, this wasn't needlessly blown out of proportion by a fanatical and hyper sensitive subgroup of the fanbase... it was Elways fault.

Yep, definitely sensing a pattern.

lgenf
11-24-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm sensing a pattern here. So, this wasn't needlessly blown out of proportion by a fanatical and hyper sensitive subgroup of the fanbase... it was Elways fault.

It was blown out of context by the national media who stirred the pot of the fan base

But elway definitely messed up by not framing the context for the comment, cause if you listen to the comment it sure sounds like Denver plans on going away from Tebow, rather than saying what he said to clarify the statement which was I hope he is, but we gotta get better on thirds or it's not gonna work

That is a big difference from, uhhhhhh NO.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 10:48 AM
It was blown out of context by the national media who stirred the pot of the fan base

But elway definitely messed up by not framing the context for the comment, cause if you listen to the comment it sure sounds like Denver plans on going away from Tebow, rather than saying what he said to clarify the statement which was I hope he is, but we gotta get better on thirds or it's not gonna work

That is a big difference from, uhhhhhh NO.

This is dumb. Elway shouldn't have to 'frame the context' for a yes/no question. That should be done by the listener. If it's not, no amount of 'framing' will help.

It doesn't sound at all like he is giving away plans on tebow. In fact, it looks like a direct dodge of that question all together. Basically; "Have you made up your mind on Tebow?" - "No, he's doing good but needs to do better in certain situations especially on 3rd downs".

It was pretty cut and dry then and it's cut and dry now. This is simply a non issue, never was an issue and folks who were blowing it up should be man enough to admit it.

lgenf
11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
It was pretty cut and dry then and it's cut and dry now. This is simply a non issue, never was an issue and folks who were blowing it up should be man enough to admit it.

but it IS an issue, or WAS an issue, and that is why john came out and clarified it

wayninja
11-24-2011, 10:54 AM
but it IS an issue, or WAS an issue, and that is why john came out and clarified it

No. Wrong. John came out to clarify it because of PEOPLE WHO WERE BLOWING IT OUT OF PROPORTION.

If you listen to the original, he wasn't saying anything different than what he is saying now. He is only clarifying because he made the mistake of assuming people were not total douche bag morons. That's all on him, because people are.

TXBRONC
11-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Wasn't he 3 years old back then?

That only makes matters worse.

FlyByU
11-24-2011, 11:19 AM

Like many of us were thinking he was saying without spelling it out. John has to understand he isn't dealing with the people that grew up in the 50's 60's 70's 80's he is dealing with the 90's 2000 crowd the feely feely make the NFL a kinder gentler game. People that are softer then the older generations in mind and body. People that prefer Euro Suck Sports like Soccer over American Old Fashioned Football. People that believe that there is such things as a Cyber-Bully etc. He has to remember to spell out and even get a video to illustrate what he means so people don't go into a feely rage.

Locnar
11-24-2011, 11:25 AM

It was only an issue to a select number of butthurt fanny's. So be thankful Elway was thinking of you.

SoCalImport
11-24-2011, 11:28 AM
wait....what happened now? somebody said something?

BORDERLINE
11-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Ay man don't group me up with all the Gator fans.

I don't even watch college football aside from the BCS Championship.

Like I said before I was a Broncos fan without Tebow and will be one with him and will be on without him AGAIN.

If my POV matches some of the Gator fans on this issue well so be it.

I'm simply being objective to Elway's comment. He came out and cleaned it up that should tell you all something. It doesn't bother me any i'm not the one who started that Elway thread. I simply believe his comment was not necessary, plain and simple.

Now if that makes me a zealot/hyper sensitive sub group fan, then you really throw around those names like nothing huh. There is no merit behind your name calling.

I'm not here to badmouth Elway. As a kid growing up number 7 was my hero. My first jersey was an Elway jersey. Countless numbers of pictures of 7 on my wall. Hundreds of football cards of him that I still have. I traded my small fortune of Football cards for one TD Rookie card. Busted up in tears when he retired. I remember all that clear as day. So please do not group me with the Gator fans.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Ay man don't group me up with all the Gator fans.

I don't even watch college football aside from the BCS Championship.

Like I said before I was a Broncos fan without Tebow and will be one with him and will be on without him AGAIN.

If my POV matches some of the Gator fans on this issue well so be it.

I'm simply being objective to Elway's comment. He came out and cleaned it up that should tell you all something. It doesn't bother me any i'm not the one who started that Elway thread. I simply believe his comment was not necessary, plain and simple.

Now if that makes me a zealot/hyper sensitive sub group fan, then you really throw around those names like nothing huh. There is no merit behind your name calling.

I'm not here to badmouth Elway. As a kid growing up number 7 was my hero. My first jersey was an Elway jersey. Countless numbers of pictures of 7 on my wall. Hundreds of football cards of him that I still have. I traded my small fortune of Football cards for one TD Rookie card. Busted up in tears when he retired. I remember all that clear as day. So please do not group me with the Gator fans.

I have no idea if you were grouped with Gator fans, the gators have nothing to do with the pattern I saw. All of you were saying that this somehow proves Elway screwed up which is simply not the case. I'm not saying Elway can't screw up, but the problem on this issue was one of overblown interpretation. Not what Elway said.

vettesplus
11-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Like many of us were thinking he was saying without spelling it out. John has to understand he isn't dealing with the people that grew up in the 50's 60's 70's 80's he is dealing with the 90's 2000 crowd the feely feely make the NFL a kinder gentler game. People that are softer then the older generations in mind and body. People that prefer Euro Suck Sports like Soccer over American Old Fashioned Football. People that believe that there is such things as a Cyber-Bully etc. He has to remember to spell out and even get a video to illustrate what he means so people don't go into a feely rage.

dude you really need to change your avatar, that pic of eway really brings back some funny horse jokes from the 80's and 90's;)

Northman
11-24-2011, 11:59 AM

I again disagree. If a majority of us on this board knew how he felt and took "everything" he said in that interview instead of focusing on just one word why couldnt you guys? I mean, i think it really comes down to that people WANTED something to bitch about. Some people cant live without unecessary drama in their life. This article/interview here proves what many Bronco fans already knew about how John felt about Tebow.

Agent of Orange
11-24-2011, 01:55 PM

You dont go out and shit on your starting QB after 8 starts when he's 5-3 overall and on a 3 game win streak.

That said, everyone knows we have issues on 3rd down and YES TIM DOES HAVE TO IMPROVE, however run left first down, run right second down and try to throw it on 3rd and long with sub par WRs a QB with accuracy issues and formations that clearly do not HELP a young QB, those are all factors that add in.

That is one reason why that 5 wide spread formation works so well at the end of games, it gives our offense the advantage.

John mis-stepped, small or not, that was all it was, but when it comes to Tebow that national media is going to run with everything, he fixed it now and hopefully the team continues to move on and win, and Tebow continues to get better.

Those of you that blindly believe in elway may be as bad as those of us that blindly believe in Tebow, john messed up here, if you don't see it then we can all just continue to disagree and not see each others positions, but HE clarified it to fix it.

This is it right here. And it's an uncomfortable truth for many here. I like Elway too but these apologists are embarrrassing.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what Elway did wrong.

:confused:

As far "uncomfortable truth." I think the "uncomfortable truth" is that Elway isn't sold on Tebow as a long-term solution at quarterback and that makes his finnicky supporters anxious.

Agent of Orange
11-24-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what Elway did wrong.

As far "uncomfortable truth." I think the "uncomfortable truth" is that Elway isn't sold on Tebow as a long-term solution at quarterback and that makes his finnicky supporters anxious.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Seriously, you should just focus on what you do understand. And this would also invalidate the second part of your comment. Just using someone elses words doesn't mean you're going to get the plane in the air. Sadly for you, you're constantly sitting on the runway. Its really not worth addressing beyond that.

OrangeHoof
11-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Elway is learning on the job, and this is just part of it.

Elway is used to hero treatment. He's realizing that when you become head coach or front office, the halo is only as large as your last win. That's why so few great players become great coaches/executives.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Seriously, you should just focus on what you do understand. And this would also invalidate the second part of your comment. Just using someone elses words doesn't mean you're going to get the plane in the air. Sadly for you, you're constantly sitting on the runway. Its really not worth addressing beyond that.

Oh, Elway screwed up alright. He's too inexperienced to know that there are sound bite junkies and fools out there that will fail to understand the most basic of statements or set themselves on fire in fanboy rage at any perceived slight.

Having said that, it is really funny to see nutjobs continue to bang their heads into a wall insisting they were right or trying to change the argument no matter how much evidence to the contrary piles up.

Carry on, please.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2011, 03:56 PM
I again disagree. If a majority of us on this board knew how he felt and took "everything" he said in that interview instead of focusing on just one word why couldnt you guys? I mean, i think it really comes down to that people WANTED something to bitch about. Some people cant live without unecessary drama in their life. This article/interview here proves what many Bronco fans already knew about how John felt about Tebow.

Absolutely correct North - if he would have said I am not sure, or maybe yes, maybe no, etc., there would still have been some who would have complained. The only thing that would have satisfied some (you know who you are), would have been if he not only said YES, but said YES, and it is Tim Tebow.

Timmy!
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
this is getting ******* retarded. 49% of me wants the Broncos to trade tebow for a box of jelly donuts and a 6th round pick just so all the tebois will move along.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2011, 04:16 PM
the sad thing is elways comments actually needed clarification, as some people were jus too stupid to comprehend the answer he gave to the question he was asked.

unbelievable

Slick
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Mo and Northman are right.

Agent, you know it.

claymore
11-24-2011, 04:50 PM
If I were the Broncos Id refuse to comment on Tebow. Its to much of a distraction unless they like the air time.

Nothing they say will ever be good enough for the fanboi's.

lgenf
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
It's not the fanboys that ran with the sound bite

It was the media

And true or not, you don't say negative things about your QB after a 5-3 record and on a 3 game win streak

That was a rookie move by elway the GM

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 05:21 PM
It's not the fanboys that ran with the sound bite

It was the media

And true or not, you don't say negative things about your QB after a 5-3 record and on a 3 game win streak

That was a rookie move by elway the GM

So, what was the negative thing he said?

Nomad
11-24-2011, 06:03 PM
If I were the Broncos Id refuse to comment on Tebow. Its to much of a distraction unless they like the air time.

Nothing they say will ever be good enough for the fanboi's.

It almost has to come to this. Wasn't it you that said no other team will want him via trade or waiver because of the headache Tebow crazies bring to an organization.

TXBRONC
11-24-2011, 07:35 PM

It would only be his legacy if Denver doesn't win.

rcsodak
11-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Man, some of you just don't like this kid...do you?

Sure...but, what is he working with??

Most of those 3rd downs have been 3rd and long...and with usually 2 WR's being double covered.

Go take a look at the film and pick out all those open receivers on 3rd down that Tebow has missed.

Maybe we need to stop being so predictable. Maybe try a pass play on 2nd down? Who knows, maybe put in an extra receiver and run a slant (quick hit). Hey, maybe utilize the TE in the middle of the field??

Sure, Tebow has to improve....but, dog-piling on the kid is really pathetic!:tsk:
Not sure the correlation of having TT pass more and short distances to go on 3rd downs. :confused:

rcsodak
11-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Didn't tebow pass for over 250yds a game last year? vs the 32nd pass D. :goosebumps:

Davii
11-24-2011, 07:55 PM
vs the 32nd pass D. :goosebumps:

If it was 7000 yards you'd say the same

Northman
11-24-2011, 08:26 PM
So, what was the negative thing he said?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Not sure the correlation of having TT pass more and short distances to go on 3rd downs. :confused:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsMy point is, Tebow hasn't been in position to convert alot of 3rd downs. They have chosen to throw it in 3rd and long and typically do so, with only two WR's and 8 men in the box. You have to be more creative in those situations if you plan to convert any of those. Go to 3 or 4 WR's with some quick throws. I personally think that Tebow could throw the slant pretty well. Take a look at the 49er's offense. I believe Tebow could do at least as well as Alex Smith is in that offense. Get the TE involved on 3rd down....10 yard hook in the middle of the field. It seems like they have Tebow in the shot gun looking down field with both WR's running go routes. Come on McCoy.

Secondly, we have to do better on 1st and 2nd down, so that we don't have so many 3rd and long plays. When teams are stacking the box on 1st and 2nd, you have to take advantage of it and throw the ball. This really plays into what Tebow can do for a team. Have him roll out where he can dump it to his WR, TE or RB, or run it himself. My point here is, the playcalling has been poor.

Sure, Tebow has a lot of work to do. But, you can't convince me that he isn't able to improve his short game quickly. They have to call the plays for him to do that.

Lastly, Fox doesn't want Tebow throwing for a couple of reasons. 1. He likes to run the ball. 2. If you don't throw it, you don't stop the clock and you can't throw INT's. Point being it's hard to hold Tebow accountable for not converting 3rd and long plays. That's not to say he does't own some of the blame...but, the picture isn't as clear as Elway and others are trying to make it.

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Josh McDaniels and Kyle Orton won six games in a row.

:fart:Great, when Tebow goes 4-18....we can pull the plug on him too. But, until then ****! ;)

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
There are tons of examples, Jim Druckenmiller was traded a year after he was drafted.......Jim who?? Come on. Where are your so called tons of examples???:confused:

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Holy shit. Did you even read the article? I guess I should thank you for proving my point by completely failing to rise to the challenge of the thread.

They dumped Orton and now Elway has given tentative approval. What exactly are your factions demands?Tentative approval? Yippy Skippy! Wow.

1-4 with his guy Orton (who gave the team the best chance to win)
4-1 with Tebow

But, yeah...let's give him the old college slap on the butt. I really hope he's the guy...I really do...:shocked:

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Tebow has missed tons of open receivers, hamrod, and that has nothing to do with hate.

If Elway lets Tebow go his legacy is not tied to Tebow, it'll be tied to the team he builds without Tebow.

It's not like he be trading a 25-year-old franchise QB coming off a ProBowl season, at the moment this is a horrible passer who had no business going in the 1st round. The entire league has significant doubts about Tebow, the only people that would hold it against Elway are the people that think that Tebow is better than he currently is.......I think you are missing the point. Tebow is as they say, polarizing. If he finishes the season say 7-4 or 8-3...only to get dumped by Elway, and then goes elsewhere and wins a championship, Elway will have egg on his face.

Sure, if Elway picks a guy like Luck and the Broncos go win their own championship...that's another story. I don't see that happening. The only kid in this draft at QB that I would want playing for us...is Andrew Luck. That's not going to happen.

What's more likely is, he take a kid late in the 1st, wastes another premium pick and we have a lemon on our hands for the next 3 years.

We're into this thing with Tebow. He's winning. Let's play it out. Give him the rest of this year. Give him the offseason to get coached up. Let him lead this team next year....all while you work to build the depth around him. Then see what he's capable of. That's where I'm at.

Anyone who thinks that Barkley, RG3, or Landry are going to be better than Tebow is smoking it. If you want to fall in love with a college star...then get to know the best college QB of all-time...he happened to play in the SEC, had a completion percentage of 65%, won the Heisman and 2 National Championships!!! Tebow is a winner.

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Right on! No more QB draw plays or option......let Tebow prove he can throw it and McCoy call those plays.I don't care if he runs it every flippen down....IF WE WIN THE FING GAME!

That's what you play for...to win the games!

Northman
11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I think you are missing the point. Tebow is as they say, polarizing. If he finishes the season say 7-4 or 8-3...only to get dumped by Elway, and then goes elsewhere and wins a championship, Elway will have egg on his face.

And thus, this is your problem. We havent even reached that point yet if he can get us to 7-4 but thank god we have you here to use your crystal ball and claim so. :lol:

We're into this thing with Tebow. He's winning. Let's play it out. Give him the rest of this year. Give him the offseason to get coached up. Let him lead this team next year....all while you work to build the depth around him. Then see what he's capable of. That's where I'm at.And thats most likely where the FO and HC are at too. Do you have some inside information that claims otherwise or just more crytal ball work from you? I have an idea, take your head out of Tebow's ass just for a few moment and try to be objective.

Anyone who thinks that Barkley, RG3, or Landry are going to be better than Tebow is smoking it. If you want to fall in love with a college star...then get to know the best college QB of all-time...he happened to play in the SEC, had a completion percentage of 65%, won the Heisman and 2 National Championships!!! Tebow is a winner.So you already know that the other guys you mentioned wont do anything in the NFL? You do realize that Elway never won a champioship right? I mean, what happens at the college level doesnt always translate to the pro level. I cant believe your this dense.

hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I have no idea if you were grouped with Gator fans, the gators have nothing to do with the pattern I saw. All of you were saying that this somehow proves Elway screwed up which is simply not the case. I'm not saying Elway can't screw up, but the problem on this issue was one of overblown interpretation. Not what Elway said.Elway did screw up. You can frame it anyway you would like.

The Denver Broncos are about to play their most important game of the season. It's a game with huge playoff consequences.

What Elway did was stir up more controversy about his starting QB. Any person in Elway's position would have known not to answer that question with "NO".

Elway is the guy making the big bucks who should have known better. He's a rookie (Elway) and he lacks polish and it shows. Whether he was being honest or not, it's something that could have been and should have been avoided.

wayninja
11-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Tentative approval? Yippy Skippy! Wow.

1-4 with his guy Orton (who gave the team the best chance to win)
4-1 with Tebow

But, yeah...let's give him the old college slap on the butt. I really hope he's the guy...I really do...:shocked:

Yeah, tentative approval, so? I have feeling that nothing less than seeing a picture of Tebow and Elway sharing a snocone together on ferris wheel would suffice.

hamrob
11-24-2011, 10:00 PM
And thus, this is your problem. We havent even reached that point yet if he can get us to 7-4 but thank god we have you here to use your crystal ball and claim so. :lol:

And thats most likely where the FO and HC are at too. Do you have some inside information that claims otherwise or just more crytal ball work from you? I have an idea, take your head out of Tebow's ass just for a few moment and try to be objective.

So you already know that the other guys you mentioned wont do anything in the NFL? You do realize that Elway never won a champioship right? I mean, what happens at the college level doesnt always translate to the pro level. I cant believe your this dense.Glad to know you're a big Broncos fan, thinking the best about your team! I'll file that one away. Glad to know you'll be rooting for the bolts this weekend. Would you like to put some money on the game?

hamrob
11-24-2011, 10:02 PM

And thats most likely where the FO and HC are at too. Do you have some inside information that claims otherwise or just more crytal ball work from you? I have an idea, take your head out of Tebow's ass just for a few moment and try to be objective.

So you already know that the other guys you mentioned wont do anything in the NFL? You do realize that Elway never won a champioship right? I mean, what happens at the college level doesnt always translate to the pro level. I cant believe your this dense. How about you go put your p.j.'s on and take your teenage butt to bed. Mommy will wake you in the morning and you can dream up some more shit!

Northman
11-24-2011, 10:11 PM
How about you go put your p.j.'s on and take your teenage butt to bed. Mommy will wake you in the morning and you can dream up some more shit!

So says the guy resorting to childish insults. :lol:

Nomad
11-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't care if he runs it every flippen down....IF WE WIN THE FING GAME!

That's what you play for...to win the games!

I do agree....winning is the most important reason you play the game. BUT, Elway wants to see Tebow get better at the passing game and 3rd downs and no better way than to add more reps/plays. EFX will have the final say on his evaluation and they believe this approach with Tebow will not be successful in the long run.

pipes
11-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I was and always will be a HUGE fan of Elway's.

I think he's done a pretty good job so far in his newest role.

That being said, I am SOOO friggin tired of seeing him on tv or hearing him on the radio or reading the quotes from him in regards to Tim being a franchise QB.

How about, sit back and watch a team that is in contention for the playoffs-something we haven't been a part of in quite some time. He should be proud of this team, including Tim.

Instead of waffling on him, enjoy it, critique him, then at the end of year.... Do something about the QB position. If he doesn't think he can do it OR if he thinks he can, there is still going to be changes.

Quinn is a fa, Weber is an undrafted Tom Brandstater like player...so either way, there's going to be some changes....

But who cares? Why keep shoving your face in front of every microphone that u can find, all to not show support for a guy that actually gives this team and fanbase hope, even if it is just for this year.

We get it...Tebow kind of blows at passing, you're not sure if he's good enough to be the QB that u stake ur rep and possibly job on...but it's got to be getting old for Tebow to constantly read that his boss isn't sure he's good enough to stay in Denver...but he's good enough to go out there and win this franchise games this year.

I mean really....so what if he wins....he throws an ugly ball!

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 10:50 PM
So where has Elway said he's not proud of Tim? Where has Elway said he's not playing well?

Exact quotes will be appreciated.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 12:43 AM
But who cares? Why keep shoving your face in front of every microphone that u can find, all to not show support for a guy that actually gives this team and fanbase hope, even if it is just for this year.

First of all, Elway doesn't exactly hunt around for microphones to shove his face in front of. He's got weekly tv and radio shows and this is all they ask him about.

Secondly, Elway has shown tons of support to Tebow. It's not unusual for a guy that comes in midway through a season to replace the previous starter to not be guaranteed a starting job after the current season is over. Especially not after 5 games even if the Defense stepped up and played well in those 5 games.

Lastly, if we are winning and Tebow isn't throwing, then tell me again why exactly we need Tebow?

rcsodak
11-25-2011, 01:14 AM

If it was 7000 yards you'd say the same
Lol
And I'd still be right, Davii. ;') ESPECIALLY if he did that. :lol:

rcsodak
11-25-2011, 01:24 AM
The league is a passing league.
The run can get a team to the playoff, but it takes passing to win a championship.

So i guess if ya'll want to have a team with Schottenheimer-like results, then having a piss-poor passing qb is the way to go.

And if it was so easy, as some say it is, to make TT an NFL quality passing QB, then i guess anybody could do it?

Elevation inc
11-25-2011, 01:30 AM
The run can get a team to the playoff, but it takes passing to win a championship.

So i guess if ya'll want to have a team with Schottenheimer-like results, then having a piss-poor passing qb is the way to go.

And if it was so easy, as some say it is, to make TT an NFL quality passing QB, then i guess anybody could do it?

yep john elway's passing in his first winning SB is proof....lol, in fact what is even more hilarious is his most iconic play of his two winning sb's was on a run play in conjuction with a helicopter....:lol:

and your right we send tebow elsewhere someone else will probally make him that qb because it is that easy. Its alot easier to train someone willing to work day and night like tebow to get better than it is to train a QB how to actually lead a team

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:31 AM

And with that in mind, I present you with our 2012 starting QB:

http://hi.atgimg.com/img/x/4193/general-football.jpg

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Its alot easier to train someone willing to work day and night like tebow to get better than it is to train a QB how to actually lead a team

If Tebow is working day and night to become a better passer, why is he not a better passer than last year? I mean, you would think a gu ywho was working around the clock to become better at passing would at least show a little improvement, but that fact is his passing has actually regressed.

Perhaps he should stop working so hard on running, and more with passing.

Davii
11-25-2011, 03:14 AM
With the success in the spread with three wr against the Jets I expect to see more of it, more passing, and better numbers.

bcbronc
11-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Sure, Tebow has a lot of work to do. But, you can't convince me that he isn't able to improve his short game quickly. They have to call the plays for him to do that.

I think this is what is confusing you. They don't have to call the plays in games for him to improve his short game. I doubt the coaches are calling Tebow draws regularly in practice (or maybe they are: "I dunno Foxy, every time I call it in practice it goes for a TD..."). Assuming they're not, they'll be seeing just how well Tebow is handling the short passing game. How consistent he is in practice probably influences how McCoy calls the games.

When you're in the hunt for your division and/or a wild-card berth, you don't call plays on Sunday that your QB hasn't been able to consistently make that week in practice.

horsepig
11-25-2011, 06:31 AM
First of all, Elway doesn't exactly hunt around for microphones to shove his face in front of. He's got weekly tv and radio shows and this is all they ask him about.

Secondly, Elway has shown tons of support to Tebow. It's not unusual for a guy that comes in midway through a season to replace the previous starter to not be guaranteed a starting job after the current season is over. Especially not after 5 games even if the Defense stepped up and played well in those 5 games.

Lastly, if we are winning and Tebow isn't throwing, then tell me again why exactly we need Tebow?

What?

horsepig
11-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Have any of you guys sat in film sessions and broke down plays?

TT has almost always had an outlet receiver wide open on called pass plays. When they break down the films do they point this out to him? Does McCoy just say hey Tim, forget about the easy 9 yard gains and high percentage passes and throw the ****** to the goal line?

I don't get it.

pipes
11-25-2011, 08:22 AM

First off, if u want to give most of the credit to the defense for the turnaround...Ok, I can see that.

However, I think you're leaving out some impotent phases.
1. Special teams: they have been great!
2. Denver's QB is not turning the ball over

Secondly, it would be insanity to believe that Denver's turnaround in the running game is not directly attributed to Tebow.

I'm sorry, I like to see Denver winning games....it's refreshing, to me. This is a team that most people didn't believe would sniff the playoffs yet here we are 10 games into the year and Denver has stuck their noses in there and seem to have clear sinuses.

Northman
11-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry, I like to see Denver winning games....it's refreshing, to me. This is a team that most people didn't believe would sniff the playoffs yet here we are 10 games into the year and Denver has stuck their noses in there and seem to have clear sinuses.

No one has said they dont like winning games. Why is it people cant enjoy the wins for what they are but cant criticize the problems of the QB in the process? Why is it people are not allowed to be objective about the QB position without having their fanhood being questioned?

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 12:43 PM
No one has said they dont like winning games. Why is it people cant enjoy the wins for what they are but cant criticize the problems of the QB in the process? Why is it people are not allowed to be objective about the QB position without having their fanhood being questioned?

Part of it that it's become obvious that Tebow is being coached up to not turn the ball over. Meanwhile, he has Elway coming on the air saying that he needs to take more chances. He has conflicting voices in his ear.

Nomad
11-25-2011, 12:45 PM

I would say Elway is the BRONCOS biggest fan.

Northman
11-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Part of it that it's become obvious that Tebow is being coached up to not turn the ball over. Meanwhile, he has Elway coming on the air saying that he needs to take more chances. He has conflicting voices in his ear.

Thats not what i see or hear from his comments. Improving on 3rd down conversions doesnt not constitute as taking "chances". That just means he needs to makes plays on 3rd downs with his arm when the play is in there for him.

MOtorboat
11-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Thats not what i see or hear from his comments. Improving on 3rd down conversions doesnt not constitute as taking "chances". That just means he needs to makes plays on 3rd downs with his arm when the play is in there for him.

Exactly. It means Tebow needs to complete the passes when he's asked to do so, especially on third down.

pipes
11-25-2011, 01:27 PM

I wasn't questioning whether anyone else likes winning or not, I only stated that as part of my opinion based post.

I don't question other peoples love for their teams or rank their love/passion against mine.

I apologize if that's the way it came across.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 01:32 PM

It is amazing that some on here feel that Elway can not be honest about Tebow. On one of his weekly talks with Vic/Gary a couple of weeks ago, Elway talked very negative about himself in his early years, and even stated that Reeves tried to protect him, by installing a very run heavy offense, that he needed to improve on his passing, etc. So, I guess it is OK for the Broncos HOF QB, who had been there, done that, to tell the TRUTH about himself, but heaven forbid that he say ANYTHING negative about Tebow

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:35 PM
First off, if u want to give most of the credit to the defense for the turnaround...Ok, I can see that.

However, I think you're leaving out some impotent phases.
1. Special teams: they have been great!
2. Denver's QB is not turning the ball over

These phases have been impotent?

Just kidding, I know you you were trying to say. Special teams has made some key plays and Britton as always, is a stud. I didn't meant to leave them out just didn't feel they were crucial to the argument.

Denver not turning over the ball is great, I'm not denying that, but you can't take no risks at all and then point to the fact that you haven't been burned as a measure of success.

Secondly, it would be insanity to believe that Denver's turnaround in the running game is not directly attributed to Tebow.

Tebow has been key to our turn around in the running game, no doubt. I was just using hyperbole to play devils advocate. If we aren't going to pass, why don't we just get a better runner than Tebow in to take snaps and run a pure rushing attack?

Go Broncos. I hope we make the playoffs, AFC Championship and Superbowl. I want TT to prove all the doubters wrong, nothing would please me more. But he hasn't yet, it's that simple. I'll enjoy it for what it is without being fooled into thinking that it can't come crashing down.

pipes
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
These phases have been impotent?

Just kidding, I know you you were trying to say.

Ugh...was on my phone, driving to work...nice catch

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
What?

Thank you for your well thought out question to my articulate post. In answer to your question, I'll simply say; What what?

wayninja
11-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Ugh...was on my phone, driving to work...nice catch

I know what you mean. It's easy to want to risk your life to respond to some of the posts here. :D

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 05:54 PM

And you'd be wrong. The way he is throwing, it's almost phobic and people have been speculating for a while that he's overly worried about making a mistake. In the PC after the last game, Tebow admitted that he was being coached to not throw INTs. It's part of how they're winning.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 05:57 PM
It is amazing that some on here feel that Elway can not be honest about Tebow. On one of his weekly talks with Vic/Gary a couple of weeks ago, Elway talked very negative about himself in his early years, and even stated that Reeves tried to protect him, by installing a very run heavy offense, that he needed to improve on his passing, etc. So, I guess it is OK for the Broncos HOF QB, who had been there, done that, to tell the TRUTH about himself, but heaven forbid that he say ANYTHING negative about Tebow

Its not that as much as it's that Elway needs to be smarter about what he says. He can't just go around starting fires and then walk away. He can be honest but he also needs to understand that how he says something has a big effect on what the reaction will be. You can say the same thing in a variety of ways and the reaction will vary drastically based on how you say something. Elway should know better.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:04 PM
And you'd be wrong. The way he is throwing, it's almost phobic and people have been speculating for a while that he's overly worried about making a mistake. In the PC after the last game, Tebow admitted that he was being coached to not throw INTs. It's part of how they're winning.

As opposed to being coached TO throw INT's?

I wonder if they are also coaching him to score touchdowns?

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:06 PM
[Insert wayninja crap in a can comment]

fixed

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Its not that as much as it's that Elway needs to be smarter about what he says. He can't just go around starting fires and then walk away. He can be honest but he also needs to understand that how he says something has a big effect on what the reaction will be. You can say the same thing in a variety of ways and the reaction will vary drastically based on how you say something. Elway should know better.

Actually, the fans should know better. Its pretty clear as day that Elway wants Tebow to succeed but feels he has some things to work on. Tebow himself agrees with Elway. So for those select fans who overreact to a comment that they SHOULD know what the underlining theme is need to be smarter and not freak out.

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:09 PM

Speculation doesnt equate to fact. People can speculate all day long, ill go by what the actual men say who are involved in the process. Elway says Tebow needs to improve on his 3rd down passes. Tebow agrees with that statement. So it reality, your wrong. :lol:

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:12 PM
fixed

Devastatingly clever. :yawn:

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Actually, the fans should know better. Its pretty clear as day that Elway wants Tebow to succeed but feels he has some things to work on. Tebow himself agrees with Elway. So for those select fans who overreact to a comment that they SHOULD know what the underlining theme is need to be smarter and not freak out.

No, sorry. A large part of this (most of it) is at Elway's feet. The national media pounces on everything and this has added to it regardless of how stupid you think the fans are. Besides, John has a bigger burden than the fans, though its amusing how easily people become apologists for someone who is a team executive and should know better.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:14 PM
No, sorry. A large part of this (most of it) is at Elway's feet. The national media pounces on everything and this has added to it regardless of how stupid you think the fans are. Besides, John has a bigger burden than the fans, though its amusing how easily people become apologists for someone who is a team executive and should know better.

And it's funny how far someone will go with the barest thread of credibility and evidence to try to set up a soft landing using a scapegoat for his man crush.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Speculation doesnt equate to fact. People can speculate all day long, ill go by what the actual men say who are involved in the process. Elway says Tebow needs to improve on his 3rd down passes. Tebow agrees with that statement. So it reality, your wrong. :lol:

Its not that simple. If Tim is being coached that not turning the ball over is paramount, then it can affect how aggressively he targets WRs. I'm sure Tebow agrees in the sense that he'd like to complete more on 3rd down but when it comes to the fork in the road and its a choice between not throwing INTs and being more aggressive so to complete passes, he's phobically choosing the former.

BTW, it's all speculation. If you're going to play that card, they might as well shut the thread down.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:19 PM
And it's funny how far someone will go with the barest thread of credibility and evidence to try to set up a soft landing using a scapegoat for his man crush.

I'm not sure what this even means but, coming from you, it's not like I really care. LOL

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:19 PM

The national media means nothing, they arent the ones that are important to all things Denver Broncos. I cant help it you dont understand all the things that John has laid out in terms of Tebow's development and growth. You freak out because you cannot comprehend and read everything John says or does in its entirety. If your someone who would rather read what the national media says instead of what the man says himself i cant help you. As a fan you just have to be smarter than that.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:20 PM
they might as well shut the thread down.

Actually this thread was started based on a reported fact about what Elway said. You are the only one running weird with baseless speculation.

I'm betting he and all other NFL QB's are being coached to not turn the ball over, so.... mystery solved.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure what this even means

I know, man. Just rest your weary head and cry it out. You'll understand some day.

Isn't it time for you to go change your own diaper?

Nope, this one's got at least another afternoon piss left in it. Thanks for checking though and adding tons to the discussion.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:22 PM
The national media means nothing, they arent the ones that are important to all things Denver Broncos. I cant help it you dont understand all the things that John has laid out in terms of Tebow's development and growth. You freak out because you cannot comprehend and read everything John says or does in its entirety. If your someone who would rather read what the national media says instead of what the man says himself i cant help you. As a fan you just have to be smarter than that.

It means everything and to say otherwise is ignorant.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:25 PM
[Insert wayninja crap in a can comment]

Once again, not response worthy.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Once again, not response worthy.

Man, I loves me some irony.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 06:31 PM

I did not realize that the national media has total say so what happens with the Broncos - I did not realize that the FO for the Broncos waits to see what the national media says - geez, I guess I missed it where the national media stated that the Broncos needed to waive Orton - gosh darn - appears that I need to pay more attention to what the national media is saying.

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:32 PM

Uh, no it doesnt.

When the Denver Broncos win Super Bowls its not because of the national media. If a player is a great one on the Broncos team its not because of the national media. If Tebow becomes a great player it will be because of what he does, not what the media dictates.

However, seeing how you no longer have a valid argument on your behalf i will bid you ado. As i said, as a fan you just have to be smarter and actually listen and read what is being said and not buy into the national media hoopla and conspiracy theories.

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I did not realize that the national media has total say so what happens with the Broncos - I did not realize that the FO for the Broncos waits to see what the national media says - geez, I guess I missed it where the national media stated that the Broncos needed to waive Orton - gosh darn - appears that I need to pay more attention to what the national media is saying.

It used to be i thought Agent was a smart guy. Im truly baffled that he relies on second hand information from the national media as being his crutch all things Broncos. :lol:

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Uh, no it doesnt.

When the Denver Broncos win Super Bowls its not because of the national media. If a player is a great one on the Broncos team its not because of the national media. If Tebow becomes a great player it will be because of what he does, not what the media dictates.

However, seeing how you no longer have a valid argument on your behalf i will bid you ado. As i said, as a fan you just have to be smarter and actually listen and read what is being said and not buy into the national media hoopla and conspiracy theories.

The national media amplifies the volume. Duh.

But once again, Elway should know better to start with.

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:35 PM
The national media amplifies the volume. Duh.

But once again, Elway should know better to start with.

Elway is just fine, i understood totally what he was saying. Why didnt you?

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:37 PM

Elway contradicts himself with other comments, which leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 06:38 PM

Because Elway did not say what some wanted to hear - Elway stated the truth. You know - the truth hurts.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Because Elway did not say what some wanted to hear - Elway stated the truth. You know - the truth hurts.

What did I want to hear, Carol?

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:39 PM

I agree. I don't even open my door in the morning until someone on TV tells me it's ok.

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Elway contradicts himself with other comments, which leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Um, nope. No contradictions. Ive understood and most importantly Tebow HIMSELF has understood what Elway was talking about. Sounds like a personal problem Agent. Sadly.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
What did I want to hear, Carol?

Obviously not what you wanted to hear, based on your posts.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Um, nope. No contradictions. Ive understood and most importantly Tebow HIMSELF has understood what Elway was talking about. Sounds like a personal problem Agent. Sadly.

What personal problem? That makes no sense. I have nothing against Elway, personally. I don't really have anything against him from afar. That doesn't change the fact that he botched how he handled this question.

It's become perfectly obviousl that this is really more about your dedication to hero worship than it is anything else. But don't worry, embarrassingly, you have a lot of company in this regard.

I can more easily admit that Tebow has rough spots in his game than you can admit that John isn't perfect.

I don't expect Elway or Tebow to be perfect. This is obviously not the case for some.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 06:53 PM
What personal problem? That makes no sense. I have nothing against Elway, personally. I don't really have anything against him from afar. That doesn't change the fact that he botched how he handled this question.

It's become perfectly obviousl that this is really more about your dedication to hero worship than it is anything else. But don't worry, embarrassingly, you have a lot of company in this regard.

I can more easily admit that Tebow has rough spots in his game than you can admit that John isn't perfect.

I don't expect Elway or Tebow to be perfect. This is obviously not the case for some.

Who said Elway was perfect? Understanding what he said (both times) is not the same thing as declaring him perfect. You just want to make it a bigger deal than it is. By a large margin.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Obviously not what you wanted to hear, based on your posts.

What did I want to hear Carol?

Northman
11-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Who said Elway was perfect? Understanding what he said (both times) is not the same thing as declaring him perfect. You just want to make it a bigger deal than it is. By a large margin.

Indeed.

I think Agent is still having that comprehension problem i spoke about the last 20 posts.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Indeed.

I think Agent is still having that comprehension problem i spoke about the last 20 posts.

So, youre going to hide behind someone else's comments?

You really don't want to respond to the suggestion that you think Elway is perfect because you actually can't come up with criticisms. You know it's true.

...and so you resort to hiding behind someone else's comments.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 07:00 PM
So, youre going to hide behind someone else's comments?

You really don't want to respond to the suggestion that you think Elway is perfect because you actually can't come up with criticisms. You know it's true.

...and so you resort to hiding behind someone else's comments.

It's starting to become pathetic. Apparently two people can't agree about something even when it's perfectly clear to everyone but you.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I kind of had a feeling that, once people were challenged to critique Elway, the Elway apolosists would become super quiet.

Slick
11-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I kind of had a feeling that, once people were challenged to critique Elway, the Elway apolosists would become super quiet.

It's such a non issue. Nobody wants to debate it with you.

Dzone
11-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Its a touchy subjerct, making people get their panties in a wad, a bee in their bonnet and a burr up their ass.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 07:42 PM

Thanks Slick - and besides that - I took time to eat supper - oh wait - better ask the national media if that was ok, or better yet, I won't let the national media know that I did that.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 07:43 PM

Sorry, it only became dead once they saw this challenge was out there. Before that, all the people who high fived you had a lot to say. That's not a coincidence.

Northman
11-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry, it only became dead once they saw this challenge was out there. Before that, all the people who high fived you had a lot to say. That's not a coincidence.

Nah, we just got tired of trying to explain it too you a hundred times.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Challenge????? You have not challenged me to anything - My take is that John said nothing wrong, and there is no way that will change.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Nah, we just got tired of trying to explain it too you a hundred times.

Suddenly, once challenge was laid down? Again, more than coincidental.

But since you still have something to say, it's time to break out the red ink pen and critique Elway. Without being facetious or sarcastic, what are some of the things that he's done wrong?

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Challenge????? You have not challenged me to anything - My take is that John said nothing wrong, and there is no way that will change.

OK, list the things that Elway has done wrong in his current role, without being sarcastic or facetious.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 08:05 PM
OK, list the things that Elway has done wrong in his current role, without being sarcastic or facetious.

Nothing

chazoe60
11-25-2011, 08:13 PM

Didn't trade Orton in the offseason. Should've taken a seventh from anybody.

Could be more diplomatic in some of his responses simply because he should know he's dealing with an unusual situation.

Should've activated Eron Riley instead of letting the Jets fet their grubby hands on him.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Nothing

You're really claiming that Elway has been flawless?

This is exactly what I mean.

Slick
11-25-2011, 08:20 PM
He should have stipulated that he wanted Xanders and Ellis gone for not having a backbone by letting McD run amuck. Traded Lloyd and Orton much sooner if they werent in his plans. Maybe even replaced McCoy too, even with no offseason.

He should also delete his twitter and facebook accounts.

Northman
11-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Suddenly, once challenge was laid down? Again, more than coincidental.

But since you still have something to say, it's time to break out the red ink pen and critique Elway. Without being facetious or sarcastic, what are some of the things that he's done wrong?

If you want to start a thread about what John has or hasnt done wrong go ahead and start one man. This particular thread was about Elway needing to clarify an answer that most fans already knew and didnt overreact too. I would be glad to go over some of the Elway's faults but this isnt the thread for it. If you want to go and break down the issues with John than by all means start a thread, i will breakdown my problems for you there. But, it certainly wont be this case since i already knew what the guy was talking about when he was asked if he had a starting QB yet.

Slick
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Also he should have never married a raiderette. ****** her,yeah, married her, no way.

Northman
11-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Also he should have never married a raiderette. ****** her,yeah, married her, no way.

Well, in a way thats ok to me. It was just another thing that Elway had over the faid, a big middle finger saying "Yea, i not only owned you as players but i got one of your hotties too". :lol:

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
If you want to start a thread about what John has or hasnt done wrong go ahead and start one man. This particular thread was about Elway needing to clarify an answer that most fans already knew and didnt overreact too. I would be glad to go over some of the Elway's faults but this isnt the thread for it. If you want to go and break down the issues with John than by all means start a thread, i will breakdown my problems for you there. But, it certainly wont be this case since i already knew what the guy was talking about when he was asked if he had a starting QB yet.

I could do that but it's approptiate to put this question to you and other apologists here. Your inability (and unwillingness) to answer this question sheds light on where you've stood on this issue.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
You're really claiming that Elway has been flawless?

This is exactly what I mean.

I have a right to my opinion, and from what is public knowledge, my opinion is that he has done nothing wrong. I don't have to agree with you, no more than you have to agree with me. Also, many blasted him for taking Von first - boy, were they so wrong.

Northman
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I could do that but it's approptiate to put this question to you and other apologists here. Your inability (and unwillingness) to answer this question sheds light on where you've stood on this issue.

Dude, ive already answered this question a hundred times for ya. Seriously, start a thread and i will go tell you all the things i havent liked from him. But this thread is about one particular issue and i do not want to hijack into something totally different.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Dude, ive already answered this question a hundred times for ya. Seriously, start a thread and i will go tell you all the things i havent liked from him. But this thread is about one particular issue and i do not want to hijack into something totally different.

No you haven't. And I don't see why you need your own thread to answer this.

Agent of Orange
11-25-2011, 08:30 PM
I have a right to my opinion, and from what is public knowledge, my opinion is that he has done nothing wrong. I don't have to agree with you, no more than you have to agree with me.

Hilarious.

wayninja
11-25-2011, 08:32 PM
I could do that but it's approptiate to put this question to you and other apologists here.

No, it's not. Please go start your own thread instead of desperately trying to bail yourself out of the corner you've painted yourself into here.

TIA

Northman
11-25-2011, 08:37 PM
No you haven't.

Yes i have.

And I don't see why you need your own thread to answer this.

Because this thread isnt about all the bad things that Elway has done. Its about him clarifying a comment he made to which those who have not paid attention freaked out about.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Hilarious.

In my opinion, hilarious is better than utterly stupid.

catfish
11-25-2011, 09:16 PM
I have posted why I thought the original statement was ill advised in the other thread and sure as hell ain't going over it again. I feel the follow up clarification was more than sufficient to let the firestorm die down and is hard to argue with. Initial mis-step recovered by a very good "damage control" statement that I feel is both fair and sincere.

I will speak no more on this subject. :)

T.K.O.
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM
if Defenses caych on to what we are doing and/or our D slips a bit....we will be losing 4 out of 5 instead of winning 4 out of 5....i think Elway realizes this and is therefore justified in his opinion that Tebow will need to improve as a passer to keep his spot as the starting QB of the Denver Broncos....that is all:salute: