PDA

View Full Version : Wk17

rcsodak
11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
How bad does KC and Orton kill Denver the last week of the season?
I saw this waiver pickup coming. Especially after the Palko experiment vs NE. And more recently, when Haley was asked about it on Sirius NFL.

He knows the cb tendencies and the defensive calls and weaknesses.
It'll be easy for him to help the wr's, imo.

Sure hope it doesnt come dosn to that final week....for denver's sake.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
You get your KC jersey yet?

Northman
11-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Guaranteed Orton throws 2 picks and a fumble. Mark it down.

catfish
11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
is the argument that Orton is a better QB than Cassel?

Dreadnought
11-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Guaranteed Orton throws 2 picks and a fumble. Mark it down.

Looks good. Add in four sacks, and we beat the Chiefs 24-6. Maybe 24-13 if Orton throws for a meaningless TD in the last 3 minutes

catfish
11-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I actually feel a little bad for the guy, how would you like to have been watching Von Miller all year and all the sudden be told "ohh yeah by the way you are going to be playing against him behind a line that offers no pass protection"

Dreadnought
11-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I actually feel a little bad for the guy, how would you like to have been watching Von Miller all year and all the sudden be told "ohh yeah by the way you are going to be playing against him behind a line that offers no pass protection"

Not me. That sumbish wasted 2.25 Football seasons for me. Not singlehandedly, mind, but he was a big part of making NFL Football miserable for me from 2009-early 2011. What a stiff. What a chump. I'm having a beer in celebration

rcsodak
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Looks good. Add in four sacks, and we beat the Chiefs 24-6. Maybe 24-13 if Orton throws for a meaningless TD in the last 3 minutes
24? Are you expecting some ST scores? Lol

Hey, I hope denver wins...but I have a feeling Orton was their missing piece.

Bowe is MarshallII, and we all know how that combo performed together.

And we also know how he can carve up a secondary given some time.

I dunno.......we'll see who laughs last I guess.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Orton is nobodies "missing piece"

He's a game manager who turned into a turnover machine. Not a good combo.

Without McD's system to pad his stats he turned into one of the worst starting QBs in the league, just as he was with the Bears.

There is no reason to fear Orton at all, he sucks.

Fullback32
11-23-2011, 05:53 PM

That's awful optimistic for this offense dontcha think? 24 points? 14 of them will have to be defensive scores then.

The Glue Factory
11-23-2011, 05:57 PM
24? Are you expecting some ST scores? Lol

Hey, I hope denver wins...but I have a feeling Orton was their missing piece.

Bowe is MarshallII, and we all know how that combo performed together.

And we also know how he can carve up a secondary given some time.

I dunno.......we'll see who laughs last I guess.

We're talking about Check-down King with a bad case of lockon-itis. Orton would pass to only 2 people - the one he decided pre-snap or the check-down. I doubt Allen will have much trouble handling Orton come 1/1/12.

camdisco24
11-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Champ Bailey and Von Miller will destroy Kyle Orton.

That's the only "killing" that will happen week 17.

Davii
11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I only have two things in response to this thread:

Please...

And

:puke:

That is all.

claymore
11-23-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.random-good-stuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ways-to-poop.jpg

rationalfan
11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
orton was never as bad as many people on this board would have you believe. he's an average QB who played on some really poor broncos teams. he'll be better than cassell and, i think, if he had been the chiefs' QB a few weeks earlier denver loses the game.

having typed that, no way he can win in denver. the fans will taunt him to a mental death.

broncofaninfla
11-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Finally Orton brings Denver a victory. Chalk week#17 up as a win, no way that chump holds up to Miller and Doom. Not when I've seen him fold time and time again to weaker defenses.

MileHighCrew
11-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I am giving KC more credit, by week 17 they will see this as a mistake and Shane Falco will be starting

BroncoBJ
11-23-2011, 07:52 PM
You're assuming that hes healthy for this game, right?

I Eat Staples
11-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Orton doesn't suck, he's better than Matt Cassel. THAT guy SUCKS.

That said, if Orton didn't have enough pieces around him to win in Denver, he won't have them in KC. I look forward to the day people will forget that fluke year KC had last year and recognize them as one of the worst teams in the NFL.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-23-2011, 09:31 PM
That's awful optimistic for this offense dontcha think? 24 points? 14 of them will have to be defensive scores then.

Didn't our offense put up 38 points against the Raiders a couple of weeks ago? Why does everyone think they can't score? Vs KC, we lost our top 2 RBs, and still won. Vs the Jets, we played one of the top defensive minds' defense who was all geared up just to stop our scheme (we still didn't have McGahee at 100% it was obvious) and still won.

KC week 17 with McGahee at 100%? Did you watch the first quarter of the KC game? Until McGahee and Moreno went down, we were slicing their defense to shreds. We had 100 yards rushing in the first quarter. I'm not particularly worried about our offense vs KC.

TXBRONC
11-23-2011, 09:47 PM
orton was never as bad as many people on this board would have you believe. he's an average QB who played on some really poor broncos teams. he'll be better than cassell and, i think, if he had been the chiefs' QB a few weeks earlier denver loses the game.

having typed that, no way he can win in denver. the fans will taunt him to a mental death.

The fans will be a walk in the park compared to what Miller and Dumervil will do to him.

vhatever
11-23-2011, 09:51 PM
The fans will be a walk in the park compared to what Miller and Dumervil will do to him.

Careful. He was supposedly cut for "good karma".

Gonna end up with miller and doom on IR by karmic jinx.

TXBRONC
11-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Careful. He was supposedly cut for "good karma".

Gonna end up with miller and doom on IR by karmic jinx.

I don't believe in karma.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 10:31 PM
I actually agree with the OP. Since the Broncos will have the AFCW locked up, they will pull their starters for this meaningless game to go into the playoffs fresh.

BroncoJoe
11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
LOL. Rc has lost his mind.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah Orton is a ******* superstar. That piece of shit went 1-4 amd that god damn worthless never gonna be an NFL QB Tebow went 4-1.

Results don't matter. All that matters is how goof you look throwing the ball in practice.

I hope those idiot Chiefs sign that loser to a long term contract. I would love to see one team in the AFCW handcuffed to a complete loser for years to come.

rationalfan
11-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah that 1-4 start had nothing to do with defensive injuries or new coaching schemes. You're right. It was all Orton. Just like the healthy, improved defense, maturing Oline and a rejuvenated McGhee have nothing to do with the current win streak. It's all tebow.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah that 1-4 start had nothing to do with defensive injuries or new coaching schemes. You're right. It was all Orton. Just like the healthy, improved defense, maturing Oline and a rejuvenated McGhee have nothing to do with the current win streak. It's all tebow.

You really don't understand, do you? Why were we losing games with Orton, but winning them with Tebow? One word: turnovers. Orton was pacing Rivers in the amount of turnovers he was giving up. 8 INTs and 2 fumbles lost in 4 1/2 games. How many turnovers has Tebow been responsible for in the past 5 1/2? Two - one fumble and one INT vs the Lions.

There's your answer. Oh not to mention, Tebow is as friggin' as clutch as they come and Orton is the anti-clutch. Tebow leads the team to come from behind wins, Orton pads stats when the defense plays soft and then chokes once he's in a position to lead the team to a victory.

You can't possibly believe that the same time Tebow got his first start, the O-line, running game (which wasn't good before Tebow), and the defense all just magically and simultaneously improved overnight. Orton was the most to blame for our 1-4 record. He's gone now and so are our losing ways. We've only lost 1 game since he stopped starting and he almost led us back to a win in the game vs SD only playing in the second half.

Stop and take a whiff of that shit you're shoveling.

TXBRONC
11-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Orton doesn't suck, he's better than Matt Cassel. THAT guy SUCKS.

That said, if Orton didn't have enough pieces around him to win in Denver, he won't have them in KC. I look forward to the day people will forget that fluke year KC had last year and recognize them as one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Personally I don't think there is much if any difference between the two.

Shazam!
11-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Denver is going to !@#$ing destroy KC.

You heard it here first.

Tned
11-24-2011, 10:38 PM
LOL. Rc has lost his mind.

No, not crazy, just stuck in his cycle.

Loved Plummer, which means he felt he had to hate his replacement, Cutler.

Hated Cutler, so felt he had to love his replacement, Orton.

Loved Orton, so he felt he has to hate his replacement, Tebow.

The good news is that he will love the next QB and post positive stuff about him.

BroncoStud
11-24-2011, 10:38 PM
No kidding. Bring him on, we'll light his statue ass up.

BroncoStud
11-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I guess you must have missed Kyle's amazing fumbles and interceptions this year... Selective viewing it seems.

Some of you guys need to invest in color televisions. It's 2011 folks, you probably thought all those passes were to guys in our jerseys...

Gotcha... It all makes sense now!

rcsodak
11-25-2011, 01:36 AM

The good news is that he will love the next QB and post positive stuff about him.
Oh T....

Please show 1 post of mine where I "hate" TT.

But I'm enjoying all the posts here. Guess we'll see who eats crow.

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2011, 01:46 AM
I understand that people will have opinions, but I guess I don't understand why anyone would could actually like Orton for what he "did" in Denver. He was absolutely terrible in Denver.

Anyways, if Tebow doesn't beat Orton, it will be the worst collapse in the history of western civilization.

Tebow has a better offense than Orton, considering all the injuries in KC.
Tebow has a better defense than Orton, and it's playing the best they have been in 2 years.
Tebow was the X factor in Denver that Orton couldn't be.

The way I look at it, if Tebow can't beat Orton in Week 17, we need to start looking for our next QB.

nflfan
11-25-2011, 06:28 AM
I understand that people will have opinions, but I guess I don't understand why anyone would could actually like Orton for what he "did" in Denver. He was absolutely terrible in Denver.

Anyways, if Tebow doesn't beat Orton, it will be the worst collapse in the history of western civilization.

Tebow has a better offense than Orton, considering all the injuries in KC.
Tebow has a better defense than Orton, and it's playing the best they have been in 2 years.
Tebow was the X factor in Denver that Orton couldn't be.

The way I look at it, if Tebow can't beat Orton in Week 17, we need to start looking for our next QB.

Come on, he wasn't absolutely terrible in Denver.

In a 2 year span, he averaged around 3,700 yards, 20 TDs, and 10 INTs.

There were way bigger problems in Denver than Orton.

BroncoTech
11-25-2011, 07:39 AM
No one fears Orton, it's just unheard of...

Dreadnought
11-25-2011, 07:59 AM

Orton often performed pretty well for Fantasy Football owners. Actual tackle football was more problematic for him.

TXBRONC
11-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Which makes no sense because McDaniels drafted Tebow to eventually replace Orton.

camdisco24
11-25-2011, 09:43 AM

This absolutely ignores the bigger picture.

WINS BABY.

Skacorica
11-25-2011, 10:17 AM

Kyle, shouldn't you be learning the KC playbook rather than posting on our forums?

wayninja
11-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Need to deduct at least 20% from those numbers as a good deal of that was garbage time stat padding against prevent defenses when we were clearly out of it.

Having said that, I don't totally disagree. Our defense has been erratic at best the last few years and at worst, historically dismal.

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2011, 12:36 PM

Orton performed his absolute worst at the time of the game where Denver needed to perform his absolute best.

Let's not forget that Tebow is 5-1 with virtually the exact same team Orton went 6-21 with or whatever, and Tim Tebow doesn't even have Brandon Lloyd to throw the ball too.

T.K.O.
11-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Orton performed his absolute worst at the time of the game where Denver needed to perform his absolute best.

Let's not forget that Tebow is 5-1 with virtually the exact same team Orton went 6-21 with or whatever, and Tim Tebow doesn't even have Brandon Lloyd to throw the ball too.

5-1 ? i like your optimism:salute:

BroncoStud
11-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Kyle Orton sucks. I hope we are lucky enough to only need to beat him and the Chiefs in week 17 to get to the playoffs. That would be amazing. A couple of picks, 4 or so sacks, and an easy win - please, let this happen.

RC needs to take down his Orton "Fathead" before he loses what's left of his football acumen.