PDA

View Full Version : Orton has been claimed by Chiefs

Tned
11-23-2011, 04:04 PM
RT @AdamSchefter: Kyle Orton was claimed on waivers -- by a still unidentified team before Chicago.

Update: John Clayton reporting it's the Chiefs

RebelRocker
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
RT @BroncosRadio: ESPN reporting that #Orton likely claimed by the #Bears

you might want to hold off on this thread. . John Clayton was just on NFL live and said it's likely down to KC and Chicago, but nothing is confirmed yet.

BroncoNut
11-23-2011, 04:08 PM
you might want to hold off on this thread. . John Clayton was just on NFL live and said it's likely down to KC and Chicago, but nothing is confirmed yet.

who's behind Cutler for the bears?

Dzone
11-23-2011, 04:08 PM
I hope he goes to KC, then we get to kick his ass twice a year!

Ziggy
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
He is saying KC.

RebelRocker
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
RT @BroncosRadio: ESPN reporting that #Orton likely claimed by the #Bears

UPDATE from Schefter:

RT @AdamSchefter: Kyle Orton was claimed on waivers -- by a still unidentified team before Chicago.

Just breaking on ESPN- Kyle Orton claimed by KC. WOW:eek:

dogfish
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM
T, we need to work on that title. . .

dunk7
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I hope he goes to KC, then we get to kick his ass twice a year!

I don't think he'd be any more than a rental.

hamrob
11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
That's great. We will save $2.5m!

BroncoNut
I can see orton in a KC uniform.

HammeredOut
well, waivers did it.. I thought he was going to clear. Owners are pretty cheap these days. I guess KC thinks they are still in the race.

MasterShake
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Oooooo! Suddenly that last game of the season just got realy interesting. Especially if we are one game away from the postseason. Orton better suck and not play spoiler!

And its strange. The QB we ended up with because of McD's love for Cassell that forced Cutler out and eventually brought us Tebow is now going to be replacing Cassell. What a long, strange, stupid trip its been.

BroncoNut
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Oooooo! Suddenly that last game of the season just got realy interesting. Especially if we are one game away from the postseason. Orton better suck and not play spoiler!

And its strange. The QB we ended up with because of McD's love for Cassell that forced Cutler out and eventually brought us Tebow is now going to be replacing Cassell. What a long, strange, stupid trip its been.

is cassel out? sorry to ask, but I don't know

HammeredOut
11-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Jason La Canfora just said Orton. He is pretty late on the tweets. Must have checked the Broncos Forums first.

spikerman
11-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Yeah, he broke his hand during the Denver game. He's on IR.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Awesome, I love it when division rivals get worse.

MasterShake
11-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Wait. Now I'm not sure. I think hes out for a while?

So when Cassel comes back is Orton second string?

HammeredOut
11-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Chiefs are dirty. They just wanted a look at our playbook. They know Orton won't help them.

rcsodak
11-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Makes too much sense. KC's only 2gms out, 1 behind Denver. Plays Denver wk17. Knows the division.

I see him killing it wk17, and all the anti-ortonite's hopes/dreams.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

catfish
11-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I can see orton in a KC uniform.

in your vision is he pissing himself as Von Miller cuts him in half?

dunk7
11-23-2011, 04:20 PM
For those that say the Chiefs will be worse, they obviously haven't seen Palko play. He was brutal on Monday Night. This had better not bite us in the ass if we have a must win on Week 17.

OrangeHoof
Oooooo! Suddenly that last game of the season just got realy interesting. Especially if we are one game away from the postseason.

Indeed. I'd hope Doom and Von would be able to harass him all day.

Tned

Yea, whether he was the injury replacement for Cutler or Cassel, it was going to be strange/ironic.

Tned
11-23-2011, 04:21 PM

They put him on injured reserve, Cassell is gone for the year.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Makes too much sense. KC's only 2gms out, 1 behind Denver. Plays Denver wk17. Knows the division.

I see him killing it wk17, and all the anti-ortonite's hopes/dreams.

Have fun being a Chiefs fan. Hope you can grow a mullet. :laugh:

dogfish
11-23-2011, 04:24 PM
have fun with barry richardson protecting your blind side, neckbeard. . .

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Well. .. we all know that Orton and his agent have told everyone that he won't show anyplace but Chicago. :sarcasm:

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Orton needs to fire his agent.

BroncoTech
11-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Thought Orton's agent put word out he would only show up for the Bears.

I personally don't care where he goes, as long as he's gone and stays gone. This notion that his agent is stating that Orton is so wanted he can pick and choose where he lands is just more of what we saw of him during his time here.

We go 4 and 12 and Orton states he had a good year. I have no issues with him landing in the division, I've seen him play.

OrangeHoof
For those that say the Chiefs will be worse, they obviously haven't seen Palko play. He was brutal on Monday Night. This had better not bite us in the ass if we have a must win on Week 17.

Two of Palko's picks were on tipped balls. He looked like backup material but he wasn't as terrible as some made it sound.

Tned
Well. .. we all know that Orton and his agent have told everyone that he won't show anyplace but Chicago. :sarcasm:

Brandon Spano said when his show started last night that Orton's agent was in KC talking to Chiefs. There was talk about a possible contract extension to go with him being claimed by them. We'll see. They have a lot of money in Cassell still.

chazoe60
Orton needs to fire his agent.

I think his agent should fire him. :laugh:

Northman
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Its confirmed, Orton has gone to the queefs. But i though Jhild said it was a given he was going to Da Bears?

Anyhoo, we are going to wreck havoc on him in week 17 if he lasts even that long. Miller and Doom are going to smash that statue.

dogfish
11-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Brandon Spano said when his show started last night that Orton's agent was in KC talking to Chiefs. There was talk about a possible contract extension to go with him being claimed by them. We'll see. They have a lot of money in Cassell still.

that would be so beautiful. . .

kinda brings a tear to my eye. . . those mullets deserve orton!

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
That would be six guaranteed sacks a season for Von. That's awesome.

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Von Miller has no qualms about hitting Orton: "I don't have any love for the other 31 teams. It's here and now. He's on the other team now."

Northman
11-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Ive seen its also been reported that Da Bears signed Josh McNown to a one year contract.

BORDERLINE
11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
This should have happened a month ago but glad he is gone. After all that STATUE didn't do i'm happy he is gone. He could have had a shot to be a starter in the NFL had he gone to the FINS but it all blew up in his face. I see him as a back-up for the next 4-5 years

pipes
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Von Miller has no qualms about hitting Orton: "I don't have any love for the other 31 teams. It's here and now. He's on the other team now."

I high fived this post, I absolutely love that post, if there was something better than a high five on here like a hip bump or a back rub-- id have given u that!

I hate how in love all of the players are with each other - on different teams.

That's one of the things I noticed about this years defense- they don't generally help the other team up after a play... Love that!!

dogfish
11-23-2011, 04:43 PM

von would rip his own mother's head off if the other team lined her up at quarterback. . .

camdisco24
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Very interesting.

Can't wait to watch Von feed him some turf week 17.

pipes
11-23-2011, 04:46 PM

Matt is done for the year...leaving the Chiefs with Shane Falco and Ricky Stanzi.

(yes I know his name is not Shane)

BroncoNut
11-23-2011, 04:46 PM
hoptard, I don't like your Avytar. I don't like pink hair like that. I don't like pink hair like that I don't like pink hair like that

T.K.O.
11-23-2011, 04:47 PM
all part of Elway's master plan to make a playoff run:D:shocked:

Davii
11-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't really worry about this. I don't think Orton is any better than Cassel... We beat them with Cassel in their house, I'm sure we can beat them with Orton in ours.

Northman
11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't really worry about this. I don't think Orton is any better than Cassel... We beat them with Cassel in their house, I'm sure we can beat them with Orton in ours.

Not only that but if the playoffs on the line i give the edge to Tebow and Miller before i do to Orton. Its all about desire and Tebow trumps Orton in every aspect with that.

BroncoNut
11-23-2011, 04:55 PM

oh gosh, i'm not worried about that at all. Maybe I should have been. I suppose he could rally with Kc. might give us a tough game. but i agree, he's no better than cassel

dogfish
11-23-2011, 04:55 PM
hoptard, I don't like your Avytar. I don't like pink hair like that. I don't like pink hair like that I don't like pink hair like that

i'll have NTL get you a cookie. . .

Tned
11-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Ive seen its also been reported that Da Bears signed Josh McNown to a one year contract.

Yep. As soon as they missed the claim on Orton, they announced they signed McNown.

Dreadnought
11-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Not only that but if the playoffs on the line i give the edge to Tebow and Miller before i do to Orton. Its all about desire and Tebow trumps Orton in every aspect with that.

I'm not even sure Orton is an upgrade over Palko. They are welcome to him, with my fullest blessings.

NFL Network said the Chiefs have a ridiculous amount of cap space, on the order of $27 Million. I still think every dime spent on Orton is wasted, but its not my money

MasterShake
11-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, now Orton will finally have a chance to throw to a Bronco and hit him... named Champ!

Agent of Orange
11-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm not even sure Orton is an upgrade over Palko. They are welcome to him, with my fullest blessings.

NFL Network said the Chiefs have a ridiculous amount of cap space, on the order of $27 Million. I still think every dime spent on Orton is wasted, but its not my money

Yeah, what else does KC have? They're asking Orton to carry the offense to a large extent. McClester can be a good playmaker but he doesnt get the ball a lot.

Thnikkaman
11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :gasp: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

blamkin86
11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Is it even remotely possible that Orton wanted this? I thought he and his agent asked for the release as soon as the Bears called. I wonder if he can get out of it.

Wow.

LawDog
11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Yep. As soon as they missed the claim on Orton, they announced they signed McNown.

Isn't it Josh McCown?

horsepig
11-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Good Lord, I'm glad he's outs here. No more spector of him coming in if TT gets dinged.

T.K.O.
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Is it even remotely possible that Orton wanted this? I thought he and his agent asked for the release as soon as the Bears called. I wonder if he can get out of it.

Wow.

cant do anything else this season unless the Chiefs waive him as well.
otherwise he HAS to play for the chiefs or forfeit his 2.5 mil:shocked:

Tned
11-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Isn't it Josh McCown?

Probably, I copied North's spelling! :lol:

vettesplus
11-23-2011, 05:25 PM
wont it be something if week 16 the broncos need the win against the chiefs to lock the division and orton comes to denver and passes for 300 + yards and knocks the broncos to the off season.....just saying!!

D1g1tal j1m
11-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Finally Orton will give the Broncos the best chance at winning, when we beat the queefs....

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 05:31 PM
wont it be something if week 16 the broncos need the win against the chiefs to lock the division and orton comes to denver and passes for 300 + yards and knocks the broncos to the off season.....just saying!!

Wouldn't it be something if pigs flew out of Orton's ass.........just saying!!!!

Northman
11-23-2011, 05:31 PM

And if he doesnt will promise to go away?

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 05:43 PM
I changed my sig in honor of this wondrous occasion.
Suck it Chiefs.

UrbanBounca
11-23-2011, 05:49 PM

What good does 300+ yards do when you can't get it into the endzone?

rcsodak
11-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Have fun being a Chiefs fan. Hope you can grow a mullet. :laugh:
That your best, chazy? :weak:

Tned
11-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Ok, so here's a question. It was from someone on 104.3 Scott Hastings or someone. He was making the point that waiving Orton doesn't help the team next year in terms of cap space or anything, so ALL that it does is save Bowlen money.

As fans, are you ok with the Broncos dumping a QB purely to save cash?

rcsodak
11-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Ok, so here's a question. It was from someone on 104.3 Scott Hastings or someone. He was making the point that waiving Orton doesn't help the team next year in terms of cap space or anything, so ALL that it does is save Bowlen money.

Exactly. Its THIS year's money.

Maybe they'll lower the price of food/drinks to the tune of $2.5+M?

;')

Northman
11-23-2011, 06:03 PM

I have no problem with it. Orton wanted to be a starter so Bowlen not only saves money but Orton gets to start as well. In my mind they did him a favor.

dogfish
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM

yes. . . as i've pointed out before, getting rid of orton and lloyd was the right thing to do, as it lets us move forward now with young players who have a chance to be here past next month. . . let guys like demaryious thomas, matt willis and adam weber get the reps and the coaching. . . accommodating orton gained us nothing tangible, but you can be sure the guys in the locker room (and orton's agent) took note-- first step in making this a desirable free agent destination again, and it didn't cost us anything besides a QB that couldn't win here anyway. . .

admittedly, i'm not thrilled with the FO's pennypinching ways in general-- but this particular move i have no problem with because it's part of the proper rebuild we've been in such desperate need of. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2011, 06:16 PM
yes. . . as i've pointed out before, getting rid of orton and lloyd was the right thing to do, as it lets us move forward now with young players who have a chance to be here past next month. . . let guys like demaryious thomas, matt willis and adam weber get the reps and the coaching. . . accommodating orton gained us nothing tangible, but you can be sure the guys in the locker room (and orton's agent) took note-- first step in making this a desirable free agent destination again, and it didn't cost us anything besides a QB that couldn't win here anyway. . .

admittedly, i'm not thrilled with the FO's pennypinching ways in general-- but this particular move i have no problem with because it's part of the proper rebuild we've been in such desperate need of. . .

There was a comment by either Vic or Gary this morning, that the Broncos are paying three coaches - Shanahan, McDaniels, and Fox - if this is accurate, it may not be penny pinching, but more of a necessity.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Kyle Orton is now a quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. The Broncos are approximately $2.6 million richer. Tim Tebow is the undisputed Broncos' starting quarterback.

"We would not have made this move unless we felt good about Tim," said Broncos coach John Fox.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19400685

Jsteve01
11-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Honestly guys. The sickening part about this whole deal if you trace it back is that Orton is a better qb than Cassell. Look at their career numbers and it's not even close. And we ended up here because why? Oh McD the biggest ego I've ever seen convinced himself that a guy who spent his whole career (college included) as a backup was somehow a better qb than Jay Cutler. I hate Josh McD

camdisco24
11-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Considering the circumstances, I am 100% ok with it. We swept one of the last pieces of the McD era out the door and saved 2.5 Mil.

:elefant:

Jsteve01
11-23-2011, 06:25 PM

I think it's easy to second guess those decisions from our perspective but why in the world should we pay Orton 2.5 mill to sit? This team is better with Tim under center. I can't explain it because his game is flat ugly. But it is what it is.

claymore
11-23-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19400685

O M G lets see if a dooshy thread is started because this wasnt sincere enough.

Shazam!
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
In the finale at Mile High, I hope -

...he fumbles the throw like he did in week one vs. the Raiders.

...the crowd is louder than he's ever heard it at a home game which is possible because if there is a playoff chance after the dismal awfulness with him, our people will be in a FRENZY.

...he throws 2+ INTs

...Von and Co. wreck his ass

Tned
11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
In the finale at Mile High, I hope -

...he fumbles the throw like he did in week one vs. the Raiders.

...the crowd is louder than he's ever heard it at a home game which is possible because if there is a playoff chance after the dismal awfulness with him, our people will be in a FRENZY.

...he throws 2+ INTs

...Von and Co. wreck his ass

One positive for Kyle is that he's already used to being boo'd at Mile High, so the week 17 game will feel like a home game...

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM
O M G lets see if a dooshy thread is started because this wasnt sincere enough.

Oh no clay - not yet ANOTHER dooshy thread - when is enough enough.

MileHighCrew
11-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Can't wait for Von to welcome Orton back to Denver

Northman
11-23-2011, 06:49 PM
One positive for Kyle is that he's already used to being boo'd at Mile High, so the week 17 game will feel like a home game...

Maybe the fans should get the ok from Ayers first before we do that though. :lol:

Northman
11-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Lol, i just saw someone on another board refer to Orton as "Pocket Sloth" hahahahahahahahaa

Slick
11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
I feel bad for Dallas Chief.

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I high fived this post, I absolutely love that post, if there was something better than a high five on here like a hip bump or a back rub-- id have given u that!

Really. Do you have a state issued ID and the ability to cross state lines?

Chris90210
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/14wr1w0.jpg

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Quoted for badassness.

We have ourselves a killer, men.

TXBRONC
11-23-2011, 07:37 PM

Now that's some funny shit. :lol:

weazel
11-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I couldnt care less either way but I do have to say that putting Orton on waivers tells alot about where this organization is right now. If they need to hope another team claims their backup QB just to save a couple million dollars, then Im a little scared about what could happen with the ownership of this team in the next while.

Teams do this when a player has a lot of time left on a big contract, Orton was done after this season and 2.5 million is nothing

Buff
11-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I need DC to weigh in on this... I wonder if he is excited? Bitter? Apathetic?

OrangeHoof
11-23-2011, 08:19 PM

Agreed and some will argue that making a few player-friendly moves like this (releasing a veteran while they have a chance to catch on elsewhere instead of keeping them on the bench all year) creates good karma down the road in terms of attracting free agents. If you get the rep as a team that "treats players well", it can be the determining factor for an FA on which team they'll choose.

Joel
11-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Wow, that is a special kind of desperation, right there. :laugh:

camdisco24
11-23-2011, 08:56 PM
I couldnt care less either way but I do have to say that putting Orton on waivers tells alot about where this organization is right now. If they need to hope another team claims their backup QB just to save a couple million dollars, then Im a little scared about what could happen with the ownership of this team in the next while.

Teams do this when a player has a lot of time left on a big contract, Orton was done after this season and 2.5 million is nothing

I think it has less to do with the money and more to do with just being done with Orton.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Wow.

Orton wants to play. Unfortunately for him, he thinks he's starter material and should be paid as much, but he's just not. If the Chiefs give him the opportunity to start (which they will) then he'll be happy enough. He'll end up playing himself out of a job again, probably sooner than later, but the Chiefs had to do something to show their fans they weren't just throwing in the towel.

Orton cannot beat out Cassell so this is probably just temporary through the end of the year.

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I need DC to weigh in on this... I wonder if he is excited? Bitter? Apathetic?

Almost 19 years of this has him numb. The loop could not get a comment out of him.

He loves Von as much as his allegiances will allow.

dogfish
11-23-2011, 09:31 PM

weazel, i have good news for you. . .

we actually cut him to save 1.5 million, not 2.5 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/clearing-the-air-on-ortons-contract/)

After the Broncos abruptly cut quarterback Kyle Orton on Tuesday, numerous reports emerged that Orton has a remaining salary of $2.5 million, which translates to a full-season base salary of $7 million in 2011.

But that number simply isn’t accurate.

Per NFLPA records, as confirmed by a league source, Orton’s base salary for 2011 was $4.5 million. With 11 checks paid and six to go, Orton is due to earn an additional $1.588 million.

vhatever
11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
It's so awesome we went from Orton "giving us the best chance to win" to "cutting him for good karma".

I'd be a lot more worried about that turnabout than any money issues.

weazel
11-23-2011, 11:50 PM
weazel, i have good news for you. . .

we actually cut him to save 1.5 million, not 2.5 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/clearing-the-air-on-ortons-contract/)

lol, we should waive Quinn too, that could save us another 300K
Im sure if they look around Dove Valley there's some old lamps and shit they could sell on ebay too!

Ravage!!!
11-24-2011, 03:53 AM
I think it has less to do with the money and more to do with just being done with Orton.

Nah.. we were done with Orton over a month ago when we moved on and named Tebow the starter. We released him because of all the QB injuries, and when someone picks him up, thats 3 million dollars back into Bowlen's pocket. Had EVERYTHING to do with money.

dogfish
11-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Nah.. we were done with Orton over a month ago when we moved on and named Tebow the starter. We released him because of all the QB injuries, and when someone picks him up, thats 3 million dollars back into Bowlen's pocket. Had EVERYTHING to do with money.

while i know they wouldn't have done it to their financial detriment, i do think it was also about doing the right thing by a player they didn't intend to keep. . . like letting a vet go in the first wave of cuts if you know you aren't keeping him, so he can get a better deal while all the fresh dollars are still flowing. . . only we're letting the guy go even earlier. . .

we were actually a classy organization before mcdaniels got here and fired everybody, filmed opponents, and basically set the whole place on fire. . . no reason we shouldn't get back to that with the duke in charge. . .

Davii
11-24-2011, 05:01 AM
while i know they wouldn't have done it to their financial detriment, i do think it was also about doing the right thing by a player they didn't intend to keep. . . like letting a vet go in the first wave of cuts if you know you aren't keeping him, so he can get a better deal while all the fresh dollars are still flowing. . . only we're letting the guy go even earlier. . .

we were actually a classy organization before mcdaniels got here and fired everybody, filmed opponents, and basically set the whole place on fire. . . no reason we shouldn't get back to that with the duke in charge. . .

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually find out there was more going on behind the scenes than we know. Maybe KO whining or something. Knowing the high probability we face him this year upon release I don't see the front office making this move just to "do the right thing". I could be wrong, but my instincts cry shenanigans.

EastCoastBronco
11-24-2011, 08:07 AM
I find it highly ironic that Orton has been placed in a position where he can play spoiler to us if we get into a race for the division championship.
No...Wait... I forgot.
He's been playing spoiler to our hopes for the past 2 years...;-)

Shazam!
11-24-2011, 08:28 AM
MORE conspiracy theories I see...

Orton would not play another snap in 2011.

Teams needed a QB.

Denver saved some money.

He served no purpose here anymore.

Plain and simple.

I do think it is foolish to allow him to leave to go to another team, but the nonsense that he knows the playbook goes equally with the Broncos staff knows Orton and can easily gameplan against him.

It is possible he can burn us in the finale but I just don't see it.

vettesplus
11-24-2011, 09:18 AM
That's great. We will save $2.5m!

we, as in you and i.....:lol:

Bronco Bible
11-24-2011, 09:33 AM

un/anti-hifive

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 09:33 AM
MORE conspiracy theories I see...

Orton would not play another snap in 2011.

Teams needed a QB.

Denver saved some money.

He served no purpose here anymore.

Plain and simple.

I do think it is foolish to allow him to leave to go to another team, but the nonsense that he knows the playbook goes equally with the Broncos staff knows Orton and can easily gameplan against him.

It is possible he can burn us in the finale but I just don't see it.

This^^^^^^^^^

the Broncos have been consistent on one thing for years now : If you don't want to be a Denver Bronco we will not force you to be a Denver Bronco. How many times have we seen it now? You make noise about wanting to be gone and by God this franchise will see to it that you're gone.

He did no good sitting on the bench gobbling up 2.5 million dollars he didn't deserve. He's not a mentor, he had no positive influence on this team amd its future. Why keep him?

EFX also came to see exactly the kind of player he is also, so there was no fear of him going somewhere and beating us. They know what he is, a backup QB.

MOtorboat
11-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Elway's plan is working!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bLajhH13sgg/TbIvJhyXsBI/AAAAAAAACK4/kKyBTVlXLpA/s1600/Mr%2BBurns.gif

Nomad
11-24-2011, 09:48 AM
VonDoom has Jan 1 circled on their calendar. It'll be lions going after a warthog.:D

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 09:58 AM
VonDoom has Jan 1 circled on their calendar. It'll be lions going after a warthog.:D

A slow dead warthog.

Rick
11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Orton is a former starter and to me a distraction on the team being the dumped guy that has 0 intention of being here next year.

I have no problems with them moving someone that is not only a distraction, even if only a slight one, out of the locker room but also saves the owner cash.

If you don't need/want the player and you can save a little cash...then why not?

Also every penny saved this year helps Bowlens bottom line still. Little more cash in his pocket maybe he is willing to let a little more go next year.

That money saved could be a signing bonus for someone.

BroncoJoe
11-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Future free agents will appreciate how the Broncos dealt with Kyle in the end.

Tned
11-24-2011, 10:18 PM
This^^^^^^^^^

the Broncos have been consistent on one thing for years now : If you don't want to be a Denver Bronco we will not force you to be a Denver Bronco. How many times have we seen it now? You make noise about wanting to be gone and by God this franchise will see to it that you're gone.

He did no good sitting on the bench gobbling up 2.5 million dollars he didn't deserve. He's not a mentor, he had no positive influence on this team amd its future. Why keep him?

EFX also came to see exactly the kind of player he is also, so there was no fear of him going somewhere and beating us. They know what he is, a backup QB.

I don't know. How many times? Outside of the the McDaniels era when we don't even know what really happened with the players he got in pissing matches with, who are we talking about? Kennison who on a Friday said he was retiring from football and wouldn't show up to the game on Sunday? Who else?

Tned
11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Orton is a former starter and to me a distraction on the team being the dumped guy that has 0 intention of being here next year.

I have no problems with them moving someone that is not only a distraction, even if only a slight one, out of the locker room but also saves the owner cash.

If you don't need/want the player and you can save a little cash...then why not?

Also every penny saved this year helps Bowlens bottom line still. Little more cash in his pocket maybe he is willing to let a little more go next year.

The money saved will basically go to pay Tebow his one time bonus based on taking 45 or 55% of the snaps. I've heard it claimed to be as low as $1.5 and as high as about $2.5 million, give or take.

Releasing Orton, which was requested through his agent, allows the Broncos to stay cash neutral in terms of the 2011 budget.

chazoe60
11-25-2011, 12:15 AM
I don't know. How many times? Outside of the the McDaniels era when we don't even know what really happened with the players he got in pissing matches with, who are we talking about? Kennison who on a Friday said he was retiring from football and wouldn't show up to the game on Sunday? Who else?

Lloyd. Orton. And I guess a lot of my thinking was from the McD era.

Tned
11-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Lloyd. Orton. And I guess a lot of my thinking was from the McD era.

Most teams, Broncos included, don't do what fans have used to excuse the tossing of talent that McD did. Can you imagine the internal precedent if the team really did what people claimed was the reason for getting rid of Cutler, Marshall & Scheffler?

Teams, including the Broncos, don't just honor players requests go elsewhere. Does anyone really think if Von Miller got angry with the Broncos and said he wanted out, that the Broncos would "oblige"? Of course not.

Lloyd was traded because the Broncos were out of the playoff hunt, and was a free agent at the end of the year that they knew they wouldn't be resigning. On top of that, he was an outspoken player that made it clear he was playing for his first big contract, after only having one good year in his career. The chance of him being a major locker room disruption if Tebow struggled was very high. Rather than getting nothing for him at the end of the season, and him possibly being a critic of their QB during it, they traded him.

Orton, had been demoted to third string and still had a couple million coming. Tebow had a couple million coming due from his one time escalator, so waiving Orton when there were multiple teams in need of a QB gave the Broncos a chance to save his salary and come out cash neutral on Tebow/Orton's salary/bonus.

So, I will be VERY surprised if we see many more situation's like Orton. Just look at the complete shock and surprise from other players when initially asked about Orton's release. Teams just don't let players go, even if they want out, because it's bad business (typically) and would encourage other players to request out. It's why public trade requests are so rarely honored.

spikerman
11-25-2011, 10:38 AM
So who gets credit for the sack if both Miller and Dumervil are two yards away from Orton when he falls to the ground?

** I don't really have anything against Orton, but that always bothered me.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-25-2011, 11:19 AM
lol, we should waive Quinn too, that could save us another 300K
Im sure if they look around Dove Valley there's some old lamps and shit they could sell on ebay too!

Think about how much they could sell them for if they got Elway and Tebow to autograph them! ;)

weazel
11-25-2011, 11:32 AM

well if your gonna be realeasing distractions, wouldnt they have released timmy earlier in the year LOL

dunk7
11-25-2011, 12:01 PM

I just have an issue releasing him knowing that it was almost a certainty that he was going to get claimed by a team that we are competing with for a playoff spot or a team that we play in the remaining 6 games. I am no Orton fan but if you think he doesn't improve the Chiefs chances at making the playoffs or hindering ours, you are kidding yourself.

Tned
11-25-2011, 12:06 PM
So who gets credit for the sack if both Miller and Dumervil are two yards away from Orton when he falls to the ground?

Ok, I think someone needs to post the faiting goat video to go with your post!!

Dreadnought
11-25-2011, 02:34 PM
7sOHCVc4oZY

Rick
11-25-2011, 02:51 PM
well if your gonna be realeasing distractions, wouldnt they have released timmy earlier in the year LOL

That was the main point there. Tim was a distraction BUT he was a guy who is a second year guy who was still under contract and had a chance of maybe being the long term starter if he would develop nicely.

This was NOT the case with Orton who was the benched guy and would not be here next year.

EastCoastBronco
11-25-2011, 04:02 PM

That specific trait and "The Phantom Fumble" against Oakland...****!!!
Makes me so glad he's gone.
Timmy Touchdown may not be able to throw a 5 yard out pattern but, by god and sunny Jesus, he'll fight until the final bell rings.
There is no quit in that kid.

So refreshing to see that again in a Broncos QB...;-)

LTC Pain
11-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Good riddance.