PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice Speaks Out On Tim Tebow!

Cugel
11-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Jerry Rice about 5 minutes ago on 104.3 The Fan:

Q: One last question. Could you see yourself as a wide receiver right now on the Denver Broncos with Tim Tebow as your QB?"

Rice: "No. Because when you see him throwing the ball down the field his accuracy is just terrible and as wide receivers we like the ball in a certain area where we can catch the ball and do a little something with it. So as John Elway said: "Tim Tebow is not the QB of the future for the Denver Broncos."

Of course Elway did not exactly say that, but Rice did.

Let the attacks on Jerry Rice commence Tebowniacs! :beer:

claymore
11-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Rice is one of the dumbest players in the history of any sport. But I like his candid comments this time.

catfish
11-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Rice is entitled to his opinion, he has no ties to the organization so really has no responsibility to say anything other than the way he feels. I would probably feel the same way if I was a WR for this team

Shazam!
11-23-2011, 10:36 AM
He's just bummed he wasn't on our team a few years ago.

Cugel
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Dumb? You can say he's wrong if you like, but in that interview he was extremely articulate and knowledgeable. He went into the statistics and what he saw in comparison between Aaron Rogers and Joe Montana, and stressed that he was saying before the draft that the 49ers should have drafted him (what does that say about Alex Smith?).

"But somehow he slipped past us and became a Packer and now he's doing great things."

Very interesting interview. I would say that he's soft-spoken, clearly understood what he was talking about. Didn't use cliches or normal "football speak" with lots of "um" and "uh" and other interjections the way a normal NLF blockhead does.

He sounded a LOT more intelligent and articulate than the vast majority of NFL players.

CoachChaz
11-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Dumb compared to who? Steve Largent? Fair enough.

But compared to Irvin, Marshall, etc. Not even close

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 10:43 AM
He is Steven Hawking compared to Bullgator.

Northman
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Rice is entitled to his opinion, he has no ties to the organization so really has no responsibility to say anything other than the way he feels. I would probably feel the same way if I was a WR for this team

Yea, Jerry was a great player and as a WR his opinion does have some value but like everyone else he doesnt have a crystal ball in terms of whether or not Tim can improve in the areas he needs too. Too early to write him off at this time but i think Jerry sees a lot of the problems thus far that John and some fans do.

Thnikkaman
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
And I still don't give a ****.

Jesus Christ people, find something better to do.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Thnik, speaks out about people speaking out about Tebow.

claymore
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Dumb compared to who? Steve Largent? Fair enough.

But compared to Irvin, Marshall, etc. Not even close

Dumb in generall. Irvin isnt very bright, Marshall is just ghetto.

slim
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Irvin and Emmitt are two of the dumbest people on the planet.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Dumb in generall. Irvin isnt very bright, Marshall is just ghetto.

All those guys' IQs added together put them squarely in the moron category.

catfish
11-23-2011, 10:51 AM
I wonder what Chaz Bono had to say...they were interviewing dancing with the star members right?

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
The dumbest human being I have ever heard interviewed is Chris Johnson.

I don't even think he speaks English, which is fine if you speak another language but what CJ2K speaks is a made up ghetto language that only him and three drug dealers from Memphis can understand.

claymore
All those guys' IQs added together put them squarely in the moron category.

Its lower than Tebows completion percentage. :peep:

Northman
What? No love for Vince Young? Come on man! lol

Mike
11-23-2011, 10:54 AM
I am sick of hearing everybody give their opinion about Tim Tebow. Good or bad, just shut up.

Good grief, the Broncos are winning and playing some of the best defense we have seen in forever. Can't we just freaking sit back and enjoy it without all the stupid divisive crap? Tebow plays ugly, the Broncos defense plays nasty, and they are winning. After the last few years, I will take anything that brings me genuine pleasure from watching my team win.

I don't care what Tebow looks like when he plays, I don't care the PR messes Elway makes, I don't care about any talking head's opinion on why the Broncos can't win with Tebow. I just want the team to keep doing what they are doing today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

honz
If you were an NFL WR would you want to play in this offense where you block just as often as you run routes? And when you do pass the ball the QB is completing under 50% of his throws...I think Jerry has a point even though all these same things should be said about other young QB's that are struggling a little in the passing game (i.e. Gabbert, Painter, Kolb, and let's not forget about Cam's 12 to 14 TD/INT ratio). But Tebow will always be more scrutinized than the rest of these guys and we should know this by now.

Northman
The dumbest human being I have ever heard interviewed is Chris Johnson.

I don't even think he speaks English, which is fine if you speak another language but what CJ2K speaks is a made up ghetto language that only him and three drug dealers from Memphis can understand.

Oh, i dont know. Pac Man Jones is pretty retarded. :lol:

Bullgator

If Steven Hawking was gay... wait wut?

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 10:55 AM

Shut up, you dick!

:laugh:

catfish
11-23-2011, 10:55 AM

can IQ's be negative?

CoachChaz
11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
When your top receivers are named Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Eddie Royal, it's hard to criticize completion percentage too much.

We can be homers all we want, but our receivers are not even middle of the pack receivers right now.

That being said...Tebow still isnt the future of this franchise

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Oh, i dont know. Pac Man Jones is pretty retarded. :lol:

I once had to pick him up from the airport and drive him around for a weekend.

You know those people you see in wheelchairs wearing helmets drooling on themselves barely functioning? PAC Man was worse.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I kinda feel bad for Tebow. I know the guy has a lot to improve upon, but man it's tough for him to catch almost any respect. He may not throw the best ball at the moment, but I haven't seen this much clutch play since Chris Drury a decade or so ago. You would think some of these guys would respect that.

I have a feeling that for some people, no matter what Tebow does, the flaws will be the only thing focused on.

Mike
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I kinda feel bad for Tebow. I know the guy has a lot to improve upon, but man it's tough for him to catch almost any respect. He may not throw the best ball at the moment, but I haven't seen this much clutch play since Chris Drury a decade or so ago. You would think some of these guys would respect that.

I have a feeling that for some people, no matter what Tebow does, the flaws will be the only thing focused on.

Worst trade in Avalanche history. :tsk:

Dzone
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Once again, Rice is putting his own stats over how the rest of the team is doing. Good thing we dont have self centered idiots like him on the team.

Cugel
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM

Considering that there have been about 30 comments in the first ten minutes I'd say that a lot of people apparently DO care, which is why I posted the comments.

If you don't care that's probably very healthy of you! :listen:

Personally, I like to argue this stuff. And those threads that don't interest me I don't bother to read or comment. I don't go on them and talk about how uninteresting they are.

Northman
11-23-2011, 11:11 AM

A lot of that has to do with the media pumping him up so much coming out of college. I dont think ive ever seen so much hype over a guy who wasnt even projected to be a first rounder.

Cugel
11-23-2011, 11:14 AM

Let's at least be honest! Jerry Rice was the greatest WR of all time, no question at all. His work ethic was unsurpassed and he played until he was 40.

He might have an idea what it takes to win a SB after having played in 4 of them. He knows that QB accuracy matters in the NFL.

So an inability "to throw the best ball" is THE SINGLE CRITERIA by which an NFL QB is measured. NOT how many games has he won in the last 5 starts, but LONG-TERM, when I look at this guy does he look like a SB QB?

And they are saying "no." Which seems to bother a lot of Tebow fans who just "have faith" that he can "of course" improve his passing game to be as good as other NFL QBs, or who think it doesn't matter, that you can just "let Tebow be Tebow" and win a championship that way.

Well, too bad I guess. The Tebowniacs will eventually have to accept that the NFL is not going to change for Tim Tebow. Tebow is going to have to adapt his game to the pro-game. And like Elway said there's been no signs that he's ever going to be able to do that.

So, winning a few games may buy him some extra time, but unless he completely changes his passing it's flat not going to work.

rationalfan
in the spectrum of dumb players two former broncos have to be mentioned: travis henry and his inability to use contraception; clarence kay, who was a blocking bulldozer but never appeared to be a intellectual specimen.

TXBRONC
Jerry Rice about 5 minutes ago on 104.3 The Fan:

Of course Elway did not exactly say that, but Rice did.

Let the attacks on Jerry Rice commence Tebowniacs! :beer:

So what. Rice's opinion doesn't mean jack.

chazoe60
11-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Maybe a couple of those bricks that Rice is famous for catching as a young lad slipped through his fingers and hit him in the head.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Let's at least be honest! Jerry Rice was the greatest WR of all time, no question at all. His work ethic was unsurpassed and he played until he was 40.

He might have an idea what it takes to win a SB after having played in 4 of them. He knows that QB accuracy matters in the NFL.

So an inability "to throw the best ball" is THE SINGLE CRITERIA by which an NFL QB is measured. NOT how many games has he won in the last 5 starts, but LONG-TERM, when I look at this guy does he look like a SB QB?

And they are saying "no." Which seems to bother a lot of Tebow fans who just "have faith" that he can "of course" improve his passing game to be as good as other NFL QBs, or who think it doesn't matter, that you can just "let Tebow be Tebow" and win a championship that way.

Well, too bad I guess. The Tebowniacs will eventually have to accept that the NFL is not going to change for Tim Tebow. Tebow is going to have to adapt his game to the pro-game. And like Elway said there's been no signs that he's ever going to be able to do that.

So, winning a few games may buy him some extra time, but unless he completely changes his passing it's flat not going to work.

I'm not denying Rice's pedigree nor am I arguing against the criticism of Tebow's throwing. Having said that, I disagree with the notion that the game of football has been 'solved' and that this is a singular superior way of doing things that always results in success. I reject the notion that we have to win the way these guys want or it doesn't count.

**** that.

Cugel
11-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I am sick of hearing everybody give their opinion about Tim Tebow. Good or bad, just shut up.

Good grief, the Broncos are winning and playing some of the best defense we have seen in forever. Can't we just freaking sit back and enjoy it without all the stupid divisive crap? Tebow plays ugly, the Broncos defense plays nasty, and they are winning. After the last few years, I will take anything that brings me genuine pleasure from watching my team win.

I don't care what Tebow looks like when he plays, I don't care the PR messes Elway makes, I don't care about any talking head's opinion on why the Broncos can't win with Tebow. I just want the team to keep doing what they are doing today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

There's no reason why you can't enjoy the season and admit at the same time that Tebow is NOT the long-term answer at QB!

That's what I'm doing. Do you think it wasn't utterly SWEET to see the Broncos go into Oakland and crush the Raiders? I still feel all warm and happy inside when I think of all the gnashing of teeth in the Black Hole and them throwing their beer cups onto the field every time the Broncos scored a TD! :beer:

I wish we could play them about 5 more times this season and crush and humiliate them every time. And YES, I realize that this will screw the Broncos draft position, but really, how can you not love it?

wayninja
11-23-2011, 11:24 AM
There's no reason why you can't enjoy the season and admit at the same time that Tebow is NOT the long-term answer at QB!

Because that's stupid. Tebow can be the long term answer. He has to improve, yes, but this is not uncommon for someone with as many starts as Tebow. Will he? Who knows, but that's kinda the point. No need to definitively say no at this point unless you really have an axe to grind.

Cugel
11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm not denying Rice's pedigree nor am I arguing against the criticism of Tebow's throwing. Having said that, I disagree with the notion that the game of football has been 'solved' and that this is a singular superior way of doing things that always results in success. I reject the notion that we have to win the way these guys want or it doesn't count.

**** that.

Well, you and a lot of fans are not considering that the NFL is a BUSINESS! It's NOT just about "winning games now."

There's a BUSINESS MODEL, that the owners have deliberately chosen. They wrote the rules to favor it, and then they implemented a salary structure that reflects it.

This is a PASSING league. They designed the rules that way on purpose. Then they changed the rules to protect the QB in the pocket, not OUT of the pocket, not running around in space.

And they are paying starting Franchise QBs $9-15 MILLION a year, far more than any other position for a very good reason! And that reason is that IF you find the right QB he can last for 12-15 years IF you protect him in the pocket.

And then it all makes economic sense. Keep the QB in the pocket, pay him an enormous amount of money (they've paid Tebow close to $9 million ALREADY just to find out if he can be a franchise QB and will pay him closer to $15 million a year in his next contract if he stays). And train him for 2 or 3 years before he's ready to lead to a team to the SB.

And then you have 10-12 chances to win a SB IF HE CAN LAST!

But, if he runs the option he's simply not going to last any more than RBs last in the NFL.

The average RB last 3 to 5 years and then he's gone. Drew Brees gets hit about 6 times a game. Tebow has been sacked 21 times in 8 games started, almost 3 times as much as Brees has his last 2 seasons (45 times or 1.4 per game). Tebow's been hit again and again on other plays, and jacked up on running plays. He's a tough guy and can take a hit. But sooner or later he's going to pay the price, just like Michael Vick has, for running the ball all the time.

Even if NFL Defenses couldn't adapt to stuff the option offense (they can just like they have adapted to everything else) you can't have a RUNNING QB last long term. And it's not worth the money they are paying him if he's not going to last.

vandammage13
11-23-2011, 11:37 AM

Bull's won me over...

Pretty much everything he's said about TT from day one has been correct up to now, other than some overestimated stat predictions.

Thnikkaman
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Considering that there have been about 30 comments in the first ten minutes I'd say that a lot of people apparently DO care, which is why I posted the comments.

If you don't care that's probably very healthy of you! :listen:

Personally, I like to argue this stuff. And those threads that don't interest me I don't bother to read or comment. I don't go on them and talk about how uninteresting they are.

Just like you, I enjoy my right to comment on any thread, and take the risk that someone else won't like my opinion.

But hey, good on you for enjoying glue production. :deadhorse:

Cugel
11-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Because that's stupid. Tebow can be the long term answer. He has to improve, yes, but this is not uncommon for someone with as many starts as Tebow. Will he? Who knows, but that's kinda the point. No need to definitively say no at this point unless you really have an axe to grind.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion that Tebow CAN develop into an elite passing QB, or that it doesn't matter.

Virtually the entire NFL from former players, analysts and coaches thinks otherwise. Elway thinks otherwise which is why he said "NO" when asked if he's any closer to being convinced that the long-term QB of the future is on the current roster.

Reality: Virtually NOBODY who observes Tim Tebow who's an insider in this business and knows from personal experience what it takes and has commented on what they see believes in him.

YOU can "have faith" if you want to of course! It's still a free country! :wave:

Cugel
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Just like you, I enjoy my right to comment on any thread, and take the risk that someone else won't like my opinion.

But hey, good on you for enjoying glue production. :deadhorse:

I got a laugh out of that! :laugh:

I don't take this stuff all that seriously of course. It's football! It's not up there with war or hurricanes or the price of gas in importance, but it keeps the mind off the dull grind of day to day life! :wave:

I certainly am NOT arguing that you can't comment on any threads on these boards to your heart's content. Have at it!

I don't care if you don't like the thread BTW. Have a nice day. I really mean that ! :beer:

BORDERLINE
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Really RICE?? How many games has he seen Tebow play? Thursday night was probably his first.

The problem I have when people outside of Denver (for the most part) just look at the stat sheet and highlights and make there assumption of a player on the spot.

I have not seen a full Panthers game. Cam Newton putting up major numbers and the ESPN guys say he is the rookie of the year and this and that. Now when a friend of mine says hey what do you think of Cam Newton I say "I haven't seen much but he's putting up yards playing well" But these analyst start drooling over his 300-400 yard games they probably did not watch. They go off the stat sheet and feed it as if they sat through the whole game and actually watched it. They see 4+ interceptions and write them off because he's a rookie.

Moral of the story,...If a guy speaks on the Broncos and sounds like all the ESPN/NFL.NET most likely he obtained that opinion from watching those guys.

Fullback32
11-23-2011, 11:59 AM
What? No love for Vince Young? Come on man! lol

LOL. I'm a Longhorns homer, but yeah. It is hard to listen to him talk.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 12:02 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion that Tebow CAN develop into an elite passing QB, or that it doesn't matter.

Virtually the entire NFL from former players, analysts and coaches thinks otherwise. Elway thinks otherwise which is why he said "NO" when asked if he's any closer to being convinced that the long-term QB of the future is on the current roster.

Reality: Virtually NOBODY who observes Tim Tebow who's an insider in this business and knows from personal experience what it takes and has commented on what they see believes in him.

YOU can "have faith" if you want to of course! It's still a free country! :wave:

Yawn. Ok, you are on board with the mainstream. Good for you, thanks for telling us what everyone us tells us all the time.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, you and a lot of fans are not considering that the NFL is a BUSINESS! It's NOT just about "winning games now."

Winning games now is and always be the most important thing. Sure, you have to plan for the future, no denying that. But winning is everything. If it's not, you leave the door open for suck for luck campaigns and that's good for nobody.

There's a BUSINESS MODEL, that the owners have deliberately chosen. They wrote the rules to favor it, and then they implemented a salary structure that reflects it.

Yep. It sucks. I don't care for it and I want the business model to be changed. I don't know anyone who likes the recent rule changes to so heavily favor passing.

This is a PASSING league. They designed the rules that way on purpose. Then they changed the rules to protect the QB in the pocket, not OUT of the pocket, not running around in space.

How many pocket QB's are out for the season now for taking hits in the pocket? Sorry, but that argument flat out sucks.

And then it all makes economic sense. Keep the QB in the pocket, pay him an enormous amount of money (they've paid Tebow close to $9 million ALREADY just to find out if he can be a franchise QB and will pay him closer to $15 million a year in his next contract if he stays). And train him for 2 or 3 years before he's ready to lead to a team to the SB.

And then you have 10-12 chances to win a SB IF HE CAN LAST!

But, if he runs the option he's simply not going to last any more than RBs last in the NFL.

The average RB last 3 to 5 years and then he's gone. Drew Brees gets hit about 6 times a game. Tebow has been sacked 21 times in 8 games started, almost 3 times as much as Brees has his last 2 seasons (45 times or 1.4 per game). Tebow's been hit again and again on other plays, and jacked up on running plays. He's a tough guy and can take a hit. But sooner or later he's going to pay the price, just like Michael Vick has, for running the ball all the time.

Even if NFL Defenses couldn't adapt to stuff the option offense (they can just like they have adapted to everything else) you can't have a RUNNING QB last long term. And it's not worth the money they are paying him if he's not going to last.

I don't give a shit about any of this talking point nonsense. If you do, great. I applaud you for your copy/paste analysis, but frankly I don't give a shit. I want to see the Broncos win and I don't want politics to take over the game. Simple as that. I have my concerns about Tebow, but I also haven't been this energized about the Broncos in a long time. I value being energized.

Superchop 7
11-23-2011, 01:18 PM
“I wonder how Tom (Brady, New England quarterback) would do without a great team behind him.”

(A quote from Jerry Rices book)

Opinions are like ........

yeah dude......whatever.

Agent of Orange
11-23-2011, 01:24 PM
There are so many diva WRs (though I wouldnt consider Rice to be one of them) that part of me is glad that this offense de-emphasizes them.

jag3
11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
That retard rating out on Tebow I dont give a flying frog what that butt brain says teebow is 4and1 cyle orton was 4 and 18 and right now in his carear he is doing better then john elway was at this time in his carear
Both rice and elway are bieng butt brains

jag3
11-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Shut the **** up tebow is not the best in the nfl indeed but hes winning

gregbroncs
11-23-2011, 01:49 PM
When your top receivers are named Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Eddie Royal, it's hard to criticize completion percentage too much.

We can be homers all we want, but our receivers are not even middle of the pack receivers right now.

That being said...Tebow still isnt the future of this franchise

It's really not that hard to critisize him when you can see he is missing wide open recievers by a large margin.

And that he is forcing these recievers to attempt spectacular catches that should be easy with a decently thrown ball. People are complaining about the drops but most of them are coming after the reciever is being forced to make a tremendous effort just to get in position to catch it. When if the ball was thrown well it would be an easy catch.

Ziggy
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Shut the **** up tebow is not the best in the nfl indeed but hes winning

Another one? Really?

slim
11-23-2011, 02:05 PM
That retard rating out on Tebow I dont give a flying frog what that butt brain says teebow is 4and1 cyle orton was 4 and 18 and right now in his carear he is doing better then john elway was at this time in his carear
Both rice and elway are bieng butt brains

Exactly.

Good post.

TT15Superman
11-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Jerry Rice can go fly a kite.

Man couldn't even make it onto the Denver Broncos. I believe Shanny did you a nicey by allowing you to retire vs. getting CUT! Chew on that, Jerry.

Elevation inc
11-23-2011, 06:26 PM

this post is full of awsomeness:beer:

Agent of Orange
11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I just saw a segment Rice did. Not sure when/where it was originally aired but he just said that he likes Tebow and how he leads a team. This was a general assessment and not commentary specific to a WR's perspective.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2011, 07:41 PM

Why not? Why not have an opinion strong enough to say you are CONFIDENT in the outcome?? I HATE the wishy washy... "well, he might and he might not, lets just sit back and watch.. and see... and when everything is said and done, we can look BACK and say for a fact." YAWN.

Stand up for what you think and say it. Nothing wrong with feeling enough confidence in your belief to say its definitive. NO OPINION is fact... thats an understood. So why must we "qualify" our opinion purely so we don't hurt the feelings of those that believe otherwise?

wayninja
11-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Why not? Why not have an opinion strong enough to say you are CONFIDENT in the outcome?? I HATE the wishy washy... "well, he might and he might not, lets just sit back and watch.. and see... and when everything is said and done, we can look BACK and say for a fact." YAWN.

Stand up for what you think and say it. Nothing wrong with feeling enough confidence in your belief to say its definitive. NO OPINION is fact... thats an understood. So why must we "qualify" our opinion purely so we don't hurt the feelings of those that believe otherwise?

In a general sense, there is nothing wrong with what you are saying. Practically speaking though, it really gains you nothing to tell anyone what that conviction is at the moment. Elway saying "No, Tebow is definitely not the future" doesn't gain us anything, even if that is his opinion. That would hurt way more than it would help. It would also be sorta unprecedented to do to a QB with a winning record regardless of who on the team is most responsible for the wins.

Anyone who says with absolute authority that Tebow can never be a 'true' NFL quarterback seems just as blinded by fanaticism as those who see him as Gods QB Avatar.

Dzone
11-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey Rice, better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

DenBronx
11-23-2011, 08:46 PM
lol @ Rice playing like a scrub while he was in Denver and never beating out the 5th string WRs.

Npba900
11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Jerry Rice can go fly a kite.

Man couldn't even make it onto the Denver Broncos. I believe Shanny did you a nicey by allowing you to retire vs. getting CUT! Chew on that, Jerry.

Meh! Tebow will have to make the decision in 2-3 years to either make a position change to TE or find another team to allow him to play "Tebow Ball"!!!

Tebow Time/ball is a short term solution until we find a real proto-typical NFL QB!

wayninja
11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Meh! Tebow will have to make the decision in 2-3 years to either make a position change to TE or find another team to allow him to play "Tebow Ball"!!!

Tebow Time/ball is a short term solution until we find a real proto-typical NFL QB!

Exactly! I want to be like every other team in the NFL! Please coach ESPN, tell me how to draft!

catfish
11-23-2011, 09:42 PM
just out of curiosity how long do you think it will be before you can execute Green Bays offense better than Green Bay does?

Simple Jaded
11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Michael Irvin was trashed for saying the same thing, the difference is Rice sounds calculated and articulate whereas Tyrone Biggums always sounds like he's on Day1 of a week-long Nose Candy binge.......

MOtorboat
11-23-2011, 11:42 PM
If your initial reaction to an analyst's opinion is a personal attack, it's likely that you don't have a well-reasoned response.

BroncoJoe
11-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Jerry is overrated.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Broncos Mtnman
11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Jerry is overrated.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Yeah, multiple SB rings, numerous NFL records and the HOF will do that to you.

:coffee:

sneakers
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
What does Jerry Rice know about the Broncos? Wasn't he on the team for 17 minutes?

wayninja
11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
What does Jerry Rice know about the Broncos? Wasn't he on the team for 17 minutes?

He's just bitter that the new passing friendly rules are going to make all of his records moot within a few years.

sneakers
11-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, multiple SB rings, numerous NFL records and the HOF will do that to you.

:coffee:

Yeah but back in the 80s he was playing against white cornerbacks!

http://www.fatpickled.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bdavis.jpg

sneakers
11-24-2011, 12:19 AM
He's just bitter that the new passing friendly rules are going to make all of his records moot within a few years.

You mean like the new rules stating that an offensive player may only be tackled by a gust of wind or tripping over their own feet?

sneakers
11-24-2011, 12:21 AM

Steven Hawking is awesome!

wayninja
11-24-2011, 12:35 AM
You mean like the new rules stating that an offensive player may only be tackled by a gust of wind or tripping over their own feet?

Actually, I think the wind is illegal contact.

Tripping over their own feet is just dumb though. Why would that be a penalty?

sneakers
11-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Actually, I think the wind is illegal contact.

Tripping over their own feet is just dumb though. Why would that be a penalty?

It would be a penalty against the offense for being retarded.

chazoe60
11-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Dubbed the "Orton Rule". :laugh:

Nomad
11-24-2011, 12:35 PM
That would be something if Montana's son (UW) and Rice's son (UCLA) would make it to the NFL and be on the same team.