PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was an aberration.

sneakers
10-08-2007, 06:13 AM
I don't know if this will be scholarly enough for this section, but here we go...

Seriously now....are the chargers really that good? Are we really that bad? :pray:

There comes a game now and then in which everything seems to fall in line for one team or another (see Texas Rangers 30, Baltimore Orioles 3). These are games in which statistical anomaly after statistical anomaly seem to occur in the favor of one team.

If we were to play the Chargers every Sunday I think that we would have enough data to prove my statement above.

Unfortunately with relatively few games played each year, there is an absolutely inadequate sample size to even consider the laws of averages.

I think if played the Chargers next week under the same conditions, you would find the results would be vastly different.

So in conclusion, I think one must put this game in mind as one of those statistically invalid "throw away" games in which you can't analyse too greatly because it is as the title of this suggests an abboration.

(Let's hope for aborration in our favor in two weeks :D)

sneakers
10-08-2007, 06:14 AM
For some reason it wont let me post this in the "BroncoForums' Articles" section. Maybe I should have taken this as a hint not to write anymore :confused:

TXBRONC
10-08-2007, 07:07 AM
For some reason it wont let me post this in the "BroncoForums' Articles" section. Maybe I should have taken this as a hint not to write anymore :confused:

I think you can only post articles in the Articles Forum. I think you have to be one of the beat writers to do so.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't know if this will be scholarly enough for this section, but here we go...

Seriously now....are the chargers really that good? Are we really that bad? :pray:

There comes a game now and then in which everything seems to fall in line for one team or another (see Texas Rangers 30, Baltimore Orioles 3). These are games in which statistical anomaly after statistical anomaly seem to occur in the favor of one team.

If we were to play the Chargers every Sunday I think that we would have enough data to prove my statement above.

Unfortunately with relatively few games played each year, there is an absolutely inadequate sample size to even consider the laws of averages.

I think if played the Chargers next week under the same conditions, you would find the results would be vastly different.

So in conclusion, I think one must put this game in mind as one of those statistically invalid "throw away" games in which you can't analyse too greatly because it is as the title of this suggests an abboration.

The score maybe but the run defense was still pathetic.

so the 41 points were prob not an abberation.

the offense would do better. So we lose 41 to 24ish maybe. Still not a good team IMO

Dean
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Aberration is a deviation from the normal or usual type. I've seen most of these things occur all season long. It wasn't an aberration just a simple butt kicking to establish the pecking order.

Tned
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM

I think it is a semi-aberration. Is the team 'that' bad? No. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. However, on the other hand the team is struggling, especially against the run (understatement).

If, and it is beginning to look like a huge 'if', the team can figure out how to stop the run, I still believe the other parts will come together. The team really needs this bye week, especially with all the injuries and need to incorporate new players at new positions. However, 3-2 is not the end of the world. It's not the end of the season. There is still time for the team to turn it around. This is a worst start than I expected, but I always expected this team to struggle in the first half due to so many changes in the offseason.