PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Orton Elway Tebow

nflfan
11-23-2011, 07:39 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/22/how-did-the-jay-cutler-kyle-orton-trade-work-out-for-broncos-and-bears/10794/

First off, the writer is lazy. No mention of the Broncos giving up a 1st round draft pick of the next draft to get Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round, then trading him away.

Second, I think she's missing the point. It was never a Cutler versus Orton, nor about the draft picks. It was all about Bowlen's choice.

Years ago, it was Reeves versus Elway and Shanahan. He chose Elway, and later re-hired Shanahan to be his head coach.

In 2009, it was McDaniels versus Cutler and the Goodmans. He got rid of the Goodmans and traded away Cutler, all for McDaniels.

Now, Bowlen's facing another conundrum. Elway versus Tebow.

This is an extremely difficult decision to make.

Tned
11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/22/how-did-the-jay-cutler-kyle-orton-trade-work-out-for-broncos-and-bears/10794/

First off, the writer is lazy. No mention of the Broncos giving up a 1st round draft pick of the next draft to get Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round, then trading him away.

Second, I think she's missing the point. It was never a Cutler versus Orton, nor about the draft picks. It was all about Bowlen's choice.

Years ago, it was Reeves versus Elway and Shanahan. He chose Elway, and later re-hired Shanahan to be his head coach.

In 2009, it was McDaniels versus Cutler and the Goodmans. He got rid of the Goodmans and traded away Cutler, all for McDaniels.

Technically, the 2010 first traded to get a 2009 second to pick Alphonso Smith isn't tied to Cutler trade, because it was the Broncos pick, not the one they got from Chicago. Now, I have often argued that it is somewhat tied, because McDaniels certainly wouldn't have been so cavalier in using a first round pick to get a small, slow CB if he didn't have two first rounders in 2010.

claymore
11-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Technically, the 2010 first traded to get a 2009 second to pick Alphonso Smith isn't tied to Cutler trade, because it was the Broncos pick, not the one they got from Chicago. Now, I have often argued that it is somewhat tied, because McDaniels certainly wouldn't have been so cavalier in using a first round pick to get a small, slow CB if he didn't have two first rounders in 2010.

Still makes me mad thinking about it. I think 90% of this board could have drafted better.

TXBRONC
11-23-2011, 08:31 AM

It's McDaniels anything was possible. :D

FlyByU
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM

I don't think it will be a extremely difficult decision to make between Elway and TT it will be Elway hands down.

claymore
11-23-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't think it will be a extremely difficult decision to make between Elway and TT it will be Elway hands down.

I dont even think its mildly difficult.

nflfan
11-23-2011, 10:10 PM
I dont even think its mildly difficult.

Well, he did choose McDaniels over everyone once, so you never know.

I am very impressed with the way Elway is handling the situation. I'm glad to see that he's on top of everything.

I Eat Staples
11-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Lol, Bowlen doesn't have to choose between Elway and Tebow. Elway and Fox will evaluate Tebow this year and decide what direction to take. I'll trust their decision until they give me reason not to.

wayninja
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM

I think I missed where you went from A to ****-knows-where to conclude that Bowlen has to decide Elway vs Tebow....

Simple Jaded
11-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Well, he did choose McDaniels over everyone once, so you never know.

I am very impressed with the way Elway is handling the situation. I'm glad to see that he's on top of everything.

The Broncos benched a legitimate NFL passer and then wiped their ass with 5 decades of football evolution for a 3rd string QB. I think they thought they were out of it but underestimated their own team.

I think they could have handled it better and they're all paying the price for it now, had they given the defense time to get healthy/gel we wouldn't be having these Tebow vs Elway discussions.......

Superchop 7
11-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Elways job is to take liabilities on the team and turn them into strengths.

There is no Tebow vs Elway.

John is doing his job.

Tebow is doing his.

cuzz4169
11-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Their decision to start Orton bc he gives Denver a better chance to win still has me questioning them.

Dzone
11-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Elway is no longer on the field. He was a great football player who needs to learn how to be a great team executive. Elway needs to prove himself over several years before he is deemed successful in his front office job. He is lucky that his team isnt 1-9. He was lucky he got the 2nd overall draft pick.
Lets make Elway prove he can do this job before we label him a football operations genius.

vhatever
11-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Lol, Bowlen doesn't have to choose between Elway and Tebow. Elway and Fox will evaluate Tebow this year and decide what direction to take. I'll trust their decision until they give me reason not to.

Elway "orton gives us the best chance to win" or Fox "Jake delhomme till we bust... or you throw my ass outta town!"

Hmmmmmmm

Is miss cleo out of prison yet?

BeefStew25
11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
The missing topic here is John Fox. Dude wants to win games. And he has. I applaud him. He isn't a douche, yet he demands respect. Hell, I want to towel him down.

I Eat Staples
11-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Elway "orton gives us the best chance to win" or Fox "Jake delhomme till we bust... or you throw my ass outta town!"

Hmmmmmmm

Is miss cleo out of prison yet?

Coming into the season, I'll bet every single coach and executive in football thought Orton gave us a better chance to win than Tebow. Delhomme was once a good QB who took Carolina to a super bowl.

sneakers
11-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Still makes me mad thinking about it. I think 90% of this board could have drafted better.

Who are the 10% who couldn't? :ahhhhh:

Ravage!!!
11-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Their decision to start Orton bc he gives Denver a better chance to win still has me questioning them.

Really? If you watched Tebow throw the ball in practice the way he's throwing in a game, wouldn't YOU think that Orton gave the team the best chance to win? I think Tebow's QB'ing has proved that the coaches weren't just making that stuff up. They weren't "starting rumors" that Tebow looked awful in practice (as some of the Teboners suggested), because Tebow has proved that the coaches were absolutely right in believing what their own eyes told them...... bad bad BAD passing! Not only bad passing, but they have to change everything around and run some college offense just so Tebow can run some resemblance of an offense....even though we haven't quite seen any SIGN of an offense on the field since.

Now don't think for a minute that I believe Orton is any good whatsoever. But after watching Tebow look absolutely horrendous in playing the QB position, I can see why the coaches would look at him and believe Orton would be the better man for the job.

claymore
11-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Who are the 10% who couldn't? :ahhhhh:

Jrwiz,Rcsodak, Insertgatorfan

Skacorica
11-24-2011, 01:47 PM
TTiWWC

BroncoStud
11-24-2011, 10:49 PM
TOP, RC, the Teboners (unless an all UF roster would win in the NFL), and a few others.