PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty rookie top 5:

turftoad
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
My dynasty league is pretty much a run heavy league. You can never have enough depth at RB.
This is NOT a PPR league. That said, here is how I think the top 5 will go in our rookie draft (depending on which teams these guys go to).

1) Marino
2) Wells
3) McCoy
4) Crabtree
5) Green

How do you fantasy guru's think it will go??

BTW, I traded up to the #3 overall spot and would be happy with McCoy.

MOtorboat
01-16-2009, 12:51 PM
My dynasty league is pretty much a run heavy league. You can never have enough depth at RB.
This is NOT a PPR league. That said, here is how I think the top 5 will go in our rookie draft (depending on which teams these guys go to).

1) Marino
2) Wells
3) McCoy
4) Crabtree
5) Green

How do you fantasy guru's think it will go??

BTW, I traded up to the #3 overall spot and would be happy with McCoy.

It will depend on which team they go to, imo...plus...you have to look at who is going to be dropped. I need a little more information about the league...standard fantasy rules? QB, RB, RB, FLX, WR, WR, TE, K, D? Or is it something else.

You make it sound as if you're going to draft nothing but rookies.

turftoad
01-16-2009, 01:05 PM
It will depend on which team they go to, imo...plus...you have to look at who is going to be dropped. I need a little more information about the league...standard fantasy rules? QB, RB, RB, FLX, WR, WR, TE, K, D? Or is it something else.

You make it sound as if you're going to draft nothing but rookies.

You're lineup is correct except for defense. Roster requires at least (2) each dl, lb and db's.
31 man teams, after March 15 we have to drop to 26 and have our rookie draft at the end of May. 5 round rookie and FA draft.

With 26 man rosters there won't be any dropped FA's worth more than probably a late second or 3rd round pick.

MOtorboat
01-16-2009, 01:16 PM
You're lineup is correct except for defense. Roster requires at least (2) each dl, lb and db's.
31 man teams, after March 15 we have to drop to 26 and have our rookie draft at the end of May. 5 round rookie and FA draft.

With 26 man rosters there won't be any dropped FA's worth more than probably a late second or 3rd round pick.

OK...so it is a rookie draft...

Damn, 31 guys, for just those spots. That's a lot.

You have the third pick...wow, it would really depend on who drafts them, I would imagine.

Crabtree would be my instant impact guy, because you know for a fact that he's going to start Day 1. If any of those running backs get drafted by say, Pittsburgh, like Mendenhall did last year, or Dallas, where Felix Jones was last year, they won't be the primary ball-carrier to start the season.

My first pick might be Crabtree.

turftoad
01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
OK...so it is a rookie draft...

Damn, 31 guys, for just those spots. That's a lot.

You have the third pick...wow, it would really depend on who drafts them, I would imagine.

Crabtree would be my instant impact guy, because you know for a fact that he's going to start Day 1. If any of those running backs get drafted by say, Pittsburgh, like Mendenhall did last year, or Dallas, where Felix Jones was last year, they won't be the primary ball-carrier to start the season.

My first pick might be Crabtree.

I'm pretty loaded at WR. As much as I agree with you about Crabtree I need backs worse. I do hope Crabtree goes 1 or 2 giving me a better choice of the top 3 backs. BTW, it's a 12 man league so I gets pretty thin.
You need to stay young and have depth. You own your team forever. Even if your RB or whoever you draft doesn't start from day one it's not a big deal as long as he going to be the guy for the next 8-10 years.
It's a fun league.
The only roster requirements are:
2 TE's
2 kickers
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB's which all need to be filled by the end of the rookie draft.
You can have more than that if you wish, so there's 10 of the 31 players on your roster. After that you can have as many QB, RB, WR's as you want.
I had the #10 overall and traded that along with Lee Evans to move up to the #3 spot. I wanted to get into position for a difference making RB.
So, your top 5??

MOtorboat
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Like I said...right now...I'd go with Beanie Wells. Depends on who drafts him. If he falls to Detroit or something like that somehow, I'd say hell no. For fantasy purposes, its really hard to tell until we know what team they are on.

turftoad
01-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Like I said...right now...I'd go with Beanie Wells. Depends on who drafts him. If he falls to Detroit or something like that somehow, I'd say hell no. For fantasy purposes, its really hard to tell until we know what team they are on.

I agree, it makes a big diff but it's still fun to keep an eye on it and have a list in your head of the top guys.

Chris Johnson went to Tenn last year. Who woulda thunk (with Lenwhale and Chris Henry who they drafted early a couple years ago) that Johnson was going to do what he did. If we would have known that he probably would have went #1 overall instead of 7th. Slaton went #10 overall. They both had better years than Mcfadden, Stewart or Mendenhall who went 1,2,3 overall. They all still have big upside but you just never know.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-24-2009, 12:57 AM
I ave #3 and #10 in my league. I'm gonna try to trade into the top 7.

Also, my QBs are Brady, Flacco, Campbell and Cassell. I usually only keep 3. Who should I drop?

turftoad
01-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I ave #3 and #10 in my league. I'm gonna try to trade into the top 7.

Also, my QBs are Brady, Flacco, Campbell and Cassell. I usually only keep 3. Who should I drop?

Campbell or Cassell. If the Pats franchise Cassell, you have to drop him as he'll be riding the bench again.
Then again, if something happens to Brady again, you have him handcuffed with Cassell.
Campbell hasn't done a whole lot either.
Tough call.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm leaning towards keeping Cassell since I'm not sold on Brady being ready. I really think Flacco may be putting up some numbers in the future once he gets ome WRs.