PDA

View Full Version : Orton Waived?!?

Pages : [1] 2

dunk7
11-22-2011, 04:02 PM
According to Adam Shefter:

Filed to ESPN: Denver Broncos waived quarterback Kyle Orton today.

via Twitter

rationalfan
11-22-2011, 04:04 PM
3 ... 2 ... 1 ... comment explosion.

Buff
Well, he's not very good at football, so I'm not overly shocked by this move.

red98
According to Adam Shefter:

via Twitter

Adam Schefter saying it now on ESPN. Orton waived, the hope is some other QB needy team picks him and his contract up.

vettesplus
it true he is gone....just got word form my bookie!!!!

pnbronco
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I am listening to this on The Ticket right now.

BroncoTech
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
haha Chicago is desperate for a QB..

Skacorica
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Ding Dong the witch is...

Buff
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
haha Chicago is desperate for a QB..

Right - so why cut him loose and give another team the opportunity to nab him? Especially when he's been sitting in QB meetings all season. The Bears would be stupid not to sign him.

wayninja
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM
2 years late.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Hallelujah!

wayninja
Right - so why cut him loose and give another team the opportunity to nab him? Especially when he's been sitting in QB meetings all season. The Bears would be stupid not to sign him.

Do they really need Orton to tell them that Denver is going to try to run and then throw a deep ball every now and then?

pnbronco

The Chicago players still have a lot of respect for Kyle, he would fit in there well and will learn they playbook pretty fast.

Buff
11-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Do they really need Orton to tell them that Denver is going to try to run and then throw a deep ball every now and then?

Fair point... But I'm sure there are audibles and hand signals that are relatively valuable... Obviously not so valuable that we were worried about keeping him though.

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2011, 04:11 PM
clay's t-shirt just went up in value

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 04:12 PM

Elway cut him on purpose so that Chicago pick him up in order to undermine Tebow when Denver plays Chicago in three weeks. It's just more proof that Elway is jealous of Tebow and wants him to fail.

pnbronco
11-22-2011, 04:12 PM

Don't forget he's played against our D as well.

There are a bunch of teams that could use him. I think it's a good thing for Kyle.

vettesplus
11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Elway cut him on purpose so that Chicago pick him up in order to undermine Tebow when Denver plays Chicago in three weeks. It's just more proof that Elway is jealous of Tebow and wants him to fail.

DAMN,KIND OF LEFT WING THERE DUDE:lol:

UnderArmour
11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Smart move really. This will force teams to put in claims just to block Chicago or Houston from adding him and then be stuck with his salary.

pnbronco
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM

:lol:......trying to get it out there first MO?????

:laugh:....who needs books when I can read this kind of classic fiction....:laugh:

red98
Here's the thing - we are still on the hook for his entire 2011 salary... So we are essentially telling him that his presence is doing more harm than good.

If a team picks him up then that team will be on the hook for the 2.5 million of salary remaining this year.

Thnikkaman

Buff, your ******* is showing.

I'm betting he lands with the Texans before the Bears. And if he does, so be it.

G_Money
11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
:lol:

So Weber is the guy we're turning to if Tebow gets a concussion or something?

Love it.

~G

Buff
Smart move really. This will force teams to put in claims just to block Chicago or Houston from adding him and then be stuck with his salary.

Oh I didn't think about the salary angle... If he gets picked up in waivers they are on the hook. I'm sure that's what this is about - an attempted salary dump.

On the other hand, we might have been in line for a compensatory pick if we would have let him walk as a FA.

MOtorboat
:lol:......trying to get it out there first MO?????

:laugh:....who needs books when I can read this kind of classic fiction....:laugh:

I wanted to save vhatever the trouble.

Thnikkaman
11-22-2011, 04:16 PM

Love it.

~G

Quinn is still on the team.

G_Money
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Quinn is still on the team.

I meant once Quinn steps in for a play, pisses himself in ph34r and crawls into the fetal position, obviously.

~G

Thnikkaman
11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
I meant once Quinn steps in for a play, pisses himself in ph34r and crawls into the fetal position, obviously.

~G

Obviously

Dreadnought
11-22-2011, 04:18 PM

I figured you picked that up from Jags via your fillings, his preferred method of communication with his secret cabal.

I'm OK with this move. Frees up a roster spot and we are rid of Orton forever.

Northman
11-22-2011, 04:19 PM
We're FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sneakers
LOL the bears are thanking their lucky stars

Slick
Good. My biggest fear was having to watch that lifeless turd take another snap in Denver.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Buff
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM
If a team picks him up then that team will be on the hook for the 2.5 million of salary remaining this year.

Buff, your ******* is showing.

I'm betting he lands with the Texans before the Bears. And if he does, so be it.

For some reason I was thinking he'd bypass waivers and be unrestricted since he's a veteran... Not sure why I was under that impression.

GEM
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Here's the thing - we are still on the hook for his entire 2011 salary... So we are essentially telling him that his presence is doing more harm than good.

I would say some other team was interested, but weren't willing to pay anything to get him. To save money, Broncos waive. Other team picks up Orton plus contract. We're off the hook for the money. :shrugs:

I don't think he has been harmful since being demoted. He's been openly seen on the sideline talking to Tebow and talking to the other guys.

Tned
11-22-2011, 04:21 PM

Broncos are hoping that Chicago, Houston or possibly even KC picks him up, and then they would pay the remaining $2 million of his salary.

pnbronco

You sweet side is showing again MO......;)

Man I am 2 for 2. I was working on McD baby quilt when he got fired last year. Guess what I'm working on right now???? :laugh: Oh well I hope he gets picked up by a team so I can mail it to him.

Tned
I would say some other team was interested, but weren't willing to pay anything to get him. To save money, Broncos waive. Other team picks up Orton plus contract. We're off the hook for the money. :shrugs:

I don't think he has been harmful since being demoted. He's been openly seen on the sideline talking to Tebow and talking to the other guys.

It also allows them to move Weber to the active roster and possibly get him some reps down the road.

Dzone
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Wow!!!!! Just heard this on foxsports radio..I thought it was a joke! Wooo Hooo...at least they know he is terrible and not a good poresence on the team.

pnbronco
Broncos are hoping that Chicago, Houston or possibly even KC picks him up, and then they would pay the remaining $2 million of his salary.

Plus the trade deadline has passed.

Tned
Uh Oh, this leaves a major hole on the team. The captain and coin caller is now gone.

Tned
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Plus the trade deadline has passed.

Exactly, it's keep him and pay him all year, and get nothing once he leaves, or waive him and hope someone picks him, and his remaining salary, up and the team saves a couple million. Only upside at this point.

UnderArmour
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Uh Oh, this leaves a major hole on the team. The captain and coin caller is now gone.

Who is going to lead the team stretch now?!?!?!?!

red98
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
For some reason I was thinking he'd bypass waivers and be unrestricted since he's a veteran... Not sure why I was under that impression.

This time of year all players are subject to waivers. But that wouldn't affect the salary thing anyway.

If he is not picked up by another team, whether claimed off waivers or signed after clearing waivers, then we will be on the hook for his full salary as you said.
(Well if Orton elected to make this year his guaranteed salary year)

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 04:28 PM

Just out of curiousity, how many coin flips has he won?

vhatever
11-22-2011, 04:31 PM
OMG, but what about the "Orton package" idea that elway liked sooooo much?

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/images/uploads/2008/07/shit-box-glasto.JPG

Davii
11-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Glad to see it. First, this shows the front office is sold in going Tebow the rest of the year no matter the outcome, second it might save the Broncos his remaining salary, third it lets himand his family move on.

Enjoy Houston, KC, Chicago (again), OR Washington Kyle. Hopefully you can win them as many games as you did Denver :snicker:

dogfish
11-22-2011, 04:34 PM
somewhere, chaze is beating it like it wrecked his car. . . .

Man I am 2 for 2. I was working on McD baby quilt when he got fired last year. Guess what I'm working on right now???? :laugh: Oh well I hope he gets picked up by a team so I can mail it to him.

ya know, i bet brian xanders could really use a quilt. . .

Who is going to lead the team stretch now?!?!?!?!

marcus thomas has some pretty good moves. . . .

Thestrategist1
Chicago bet not pick him up this could be bad!!!!

GEM
OMG, but what about the "Orton package" idea that elway liked sooooo much?

Go trash Elway somewhere else. Pissed off cause he beat your Pack in that Super Bowl. Troll.

Superchop 7
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Smart move.....no one would even give us a 7th rd pick for him.

At this point in the season, teams can afford to drop 2 million on him.

St Louis should pick him up......Bradford is really struggling in McD's offense.

He wasn't going to play......get rid of the overhead.

(the best way to create motivated players? Get rid of un-motivated players)

wayninja
11-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Yeah, so, uh... don't start a Von Miller quilt please.

Northman
Go trash Elway somewhere else. Pissed off cause he beat your Pack in that Super Bowl. Troll.

I give you permission to ban the troll. Really. Do it, just push the shiney red button and all his hatorade will go away.

hotcarl
:yo: tip of the cap to a class act all the way around. good luck to you and your family kyle, and thanks for all the great memories.:beer:

GEM
11-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Has anyone seen or heard from Topper? I'm worried. :(

wayninja
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM

I thought you'd look different in person.

jhildebrand
Orton wants out to go to Chicago to replace Cutler (for now).

A. If you are Elway and the FO why accommodate him after being as divisive as he is.
B. Why take the chance of embarassment seeing how Orton and Chicago will be here in a few weeks? :confused:

I don't get this at all. Orton shouldn't be able to have his cake and eat it too.

sneakers

Love it.

~G

NOoooooooooooooooooooooo We can finally have an NFL QB in Brady Quinn~!

dogfish
11-22-2011, 04:43 PM
posted in the comments at PFT:

"Orton! Tebow wants you in his office, now. Bring your playbook.”

:heh:

dogfish
11-22-2011, 04:44 PM

A. If you are Elway and the FO why accommodate him after being as divisive as he is.
B. Why take the chance of embarassment seeing how Orton and Chicago will be here in a few weeks? :confused:

I don't get this at all. Orton shouldn't be able to have his cake and eat it too.

you really think elway's worried about playing orton?

von and elvis would rip his fainting goat ass apart. . .

BORDERLINE
11-22-2011, 04:46 PM
WAIT!!!! EFX is gonna lose the locker room because of this.

Total BS I can see the FO striking some kind of deal with another team under the table by waiving Orton and have someone pick him up. If it was about saving the remaining amount of money in his contract this should have been done a month ago. During Thursday nights interview with Elway he said Quinn was the next man up so Orton IMO was not going to be playing anymore this year.

Maybe Kubes called up Elway and made something happen. Out of the blue things like this don't happen

GEM
11-22-2011, 04:47 PM

Where have they said he's going to CHI? :confused: Other than just us arm chair qb's.

GEM
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM
WAIT!!!! EFX is gonna lose the locker room because of this.

Total BS I can see the FO striking some kind of deal with another team under the table by waiving Orton and have someone pick him up. If it was about saving the remaining amount of money in his contract this should have been done a month ago. During Thursday nights interview with Elway he said Quinn was the next man up so Orton IMO was not going to be playing anymore this year.

Maybe Kubes called up Elway and made something happen. Out of the blue things like this don't happen

A month ago....starters weren't dropping like flies.

Cugel
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM

I hope that was intended as sarcasm, because it was the most moronic post I've ready in a LOOONG time. :beer:

That was a joke, right? :confused:

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 04:49 PM
you really think elway's worried about playing orton?

von and elvis would rip his fainting goat ass apart. . .

This shows the class of Elway and the Broncos org as a whole.

But Orton should have been told to sit down and be quiet the rest of the year.

This will be a PR nightmare if Orton comes back to Denver and beats the Broncos esp if the Broncos are still in PO race at the time.

I just don't get this at all! :noidea:

Northman
11-22-2011, 04:49 PM
This shows the class of Elway and the Broncos org as a whole.

But Orton should have been told to sit down and be quiet the rest of the year.

This will be a PR nightmare if Orton comes back to Denver and beats the Broncos esp if the Broncos are still in PO race at the time.

I just don't get this at all! :noidea:

If Orton comes back to beat Denver with the Bears it wont be BECAUSE of Orton. :lol:

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Where have they said he's going to CHI? :confused: Other than just us arm chair qb's.

The Denver Post article. Orton clearly wants to be there and I am not so sure Lovie doesn't want him there, too.

Orton and his agent will tell any team thinking of putting in a claim that he will NOT show unless the team is Chicago.

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 04:51 PM
If Orton comes back to beat Denver with the Bears it wont be BECAUSE of Orton. :lol:

I wouldn't hold my breath. He could fit in there pretty well/seamlessly.

This is soooooooooooo stupid on so many levels on the Broncos part.

Cugel
11-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Is anybody on these boards REALLY afraid that Kyle Orton will come into Denver as the Bears starter and beat the Broncos?

Didn't think so. :coffee:

If anything this is like planting a land mine in a future opponent's stadium! Kyle Orton to Chicago --- BOOOM!

(In fairness to Orton, he could do well with a team with GOOD OL blocking, but Chicago has piss poor pass protection at the best of times, and they've just placed 2 of their starting OL on IR for the season).

Cutler is highly mobile and tough and he's been battered this year and sacked and harassed a lot.

Orton is as mobile as an equestrian statue compared with Cutler. He'd be crushed like an egg by Von Miller & Doom!

Northman
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath. He could fit in there pretty well/seamlessly.

This is soooooooooooo stupid on so many levels on the Broncos part.

Wow, have you learned nothing about Orton the last 3 years?

vandammage13
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I bet Orton is kicking himself for not agreeing to terms with the Miami deal...

In other news, Vegas has now moved the line for the game against the Chargers from Denver being 7 point dogs to 3-1/2 point favorites now that they have ridded themselves of the cancer that is KO.

Too bad for us that he was so dillusional about his worth that it cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick...:tsk:

Dreadnought
11-22-2011, 04:54 PM

Yeah, I'm with you. Anyone think Orton wants even a lil bit o' Von Miller? He'd start his fainting goat fetal curl immediately after the snap to save time and wear n' tear.

dunk7
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM

But if Denver beats anyone, its all about Tebow :banghead:

I'm thinking there is a backdoor deal with Houston cause it would be idiotic to let Orton walk to the bears. He is an upgrade over Hanie and he'll have HUGE motivation. Dumb move if he ends up with the Bears.

Cugel
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM

You really give Orton a chance to win? Because I think that Chicago with their crappy O-Line is the last place Orton could do well.

He needs a team that can pass-protect with a stable of good TEs and WRs. Then he can stand back in the pocket and throw timing patterns to open WRs all day. That and play-action pass is what he does well.

But, put him in a pressure situation with a totally hostile crowd where he's got lousy protection and he'd wilt for sure.

I could see him getting sacked 6 times, throwing 2 INTs and walking off the field with his shoulder pads ripped out of his jersey.

I can NOT see Orton pumping his fist after beating the Broncos in Denver.

I'd give odds on that if anybody wants to bet? :ranger:

GEM
11-22-2011, 04:57 PM
The Denver Post article. Orton clearly wants to be there and I am not so sure Lovie doesn't want him there, too.

Orton and his agent will tell any team thinking of putting in a claim that he will NOT show unless the team is Chicago.

I said Other than us arm chair QB's. Denver Post has proven to be just about that. :laugh:

SO let him got to CHI....so what. If we get beat by the Bears....it will be because our offense can't score on that defense. (They're pretty good from what I've heard...)

Northman
11-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I'm with you. Anyone think Orton wants even a lil bit o' Von Miller? He'd start his fainting goat fetal curl immediately after the snap to save time and wear n' tear.

If Orton had been ANY kind of answer Chicago would of never traded him in the first place. Chicagos' Oline is still one of the worst in the league and its only been because of the max protect that they've been able to give Jay that has helped him out. But even with that Jay has still had pressure and still had to move out of the pocket and make plays. As far as passing Jay is worlds better than Orton there too and someone thinks that Orton is going to be able to pick Denver's defense apart?

Bwhhahahahahahhahahahahahaha

As i said, the only way that Denver loses to Chicago is if Denver shoots themselves in the foot with turnovers and cant pass the ball on their defense. If the game is close going into the 4th quarter i give the edge 100% to Tebow to win it over Orton anyday of the week. Orton is average and not a gamer.

vandammage13
11-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I would love to see the reaction of KO8Pectate and Neckbeard on that other MB that shall remain nameless.

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:00 PM

Yes. Yes I have. I know a guy who is motivated, out to earn the massive contract he thinks he is worth is dangerous.

I recall the same Orton coming here and sparking the team, in part due to his play, to a 6-0 start. All Chicago needs is some extra motivation to not feel like they are lost without Cutty and Orton would be just that.

Urlacher LOVES Orton.

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:00 PM
But if Denver beats anyone, its all about Tebow :banghead:

In terms of winning the ballgame at the end? Yea, it is about Tebow as we've never seen Orton do that.

I'm thinking there is a backdoor deal with Houston cause it would be idiotic to let Orton walk to the bears. He is an upgrade over Hanie and he'll have HUGE motivation. Dumb move if he ends up with the Bears.

Nah, Orton wont be the reason Denver loses to Chicago. Their team is much better overall than Denver aside from the Oline. Miller and Doom would eat Orton for lunch, how it is you cant see that is baffling.

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
You really give Orton a chance to win? Because I think that Chicago with their crappy O-Line is the last place Orton could do well.

He needs a team that can pass-protect with a stable of good TEs and WRs. Then he can stand back in the pocket and throw timing patterns to open WRs all day. That and play-action pass is what he does well.

But, put him in a pressure situation with a totally hostile crowd where he's got lousy protection and he'd wilt for sure.

I could see him getting sacked 6 times, throwing 2 INTs and walking off the field with his shoulder pads ripped out of his jersey.

I can NOT see Orton pumping his fist after beating the Broncos in Denver.

I'd give odds on that if anybody wants to bet? :ranger:

I think you missed my overall point.

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Yes. Yes I have. I know a guy who is motivated, out to earn the massive contract he thinks he is worth is dangerous.

I recall the same Orton coming here and sparking the team, in part due to his play, to a 6-0 start. All Chicago needs is some extra motivation to not feel like they are lost without Cutty and Orton would be just that.

Urlacher LOVES Orton.

:confused: Didn't he have all of that on the line at the beginning of this season when he stunk week in and week out? He didn't seem so dangerous.

Only problem with your theory is....Orton pretty much sucks.

Cugel
11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Bwhhahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Pretty much what he said. :ranger:

I'm not an Orton hater. I was never on his bandwagon and got endless attacks from the "Orton's Army" crew that now worships Tebow.

So, I don't feel like I'm ripping Orton when I say he's terribly mediocre. He can do quite well if you put him in the right situation.

He reminds me a bit of Rich Gannon when he was with the Raiders. Put a really GOOD offense around him and he can excel. Put a crappy offense with a horrible OL and he'll struggle to be even mediocre.

He's not the answer unless you've got a really GOOD OL and some veteran WRs. Ask him to improvise and he's totally lost. Didn't we learn that over the last 3 seasons?

The Broncos have a very young OL that doesn't pass-block very well, so Orton had little chance of success. Then he let the pressure get to him and sucked even worse.

I don't see how coming into Denver to face the team that just released him would make him better. Probably overthrow every ball and try and do too much and wind up with 3 INTS. :ranger:

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Urlacher LOVES Orton.

A 6-0 start due to great defense, not because of Orton. Sorry, that motivation you speak of for a contract didnt do him any good with his 1-4 start. :lol:

BORDERLINE
11-22-2011, 05:04 PM
A month ago....starters weren't dropping like flies.

your right but,

now i'm not totally sure how this works. If we would have cut him a month ago and he cleared waivers and another team picked him up. Would we still have been on the hook for his remaining salary?

Or would the team that would have picked him up as a FA been on the hook for it?

claymore
My "I got drunk with kyle orton" shirt just gained value!

jhildebrand
:confused: Didn't he have all of that on the line at the beginning of this season when he stunk week in and week out? He didn't seem so dangerous.

Only problem with your theory is....Orton pretty much sucks.

Listen, Orton does suck.

However, the beginning of this season isn't apples to apples, Gem. Orton and Miami didn't happen and we don't know all the behind the scenes details as to why and what Orton did or did not do or the team and how Orton felt about that. This is a clean slate for Orton.

There was nothing to be gained by releasing Orton. The team was in the catbird seat. Again, classy on Elway and the org but dumb move.

wayninja
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
There was nothing to be gained by releasing Orton. The team was in the catbird seat. Again, classy on Elway and the org but dumb move.

2.5 million dollars is nothing?

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:07 PM
A 6-0 start due to great defense, not because of Orton. Sorry, that motivation you speak of for a contract didnt do him any good with his 1-4 start. :lol:

I have said 4 of those wins were due directly to the D. However, Orton had two monster 90+ yard drives against the Pats in the win. He moved the ball enough against dallas in that win including the throw to marshall where he scored the winner.

One thing is sure. The "give Orton a D and a running game crowd" will be here in droves if he ends up in Chicago and wins with that formula.

I am not afraid of Orton and what he can or can't do. I just think this is a dumb and unnecessary move by the Broncos.

If he ends up in Chicago that game will be the flex game of the week.

vhatever
I don't see the logic in the release, unless it was cover for Elway's "orton package" gaffe. That would make sense.

jhildebrand
2.5 million dollars is nothing?

Nope. Not at this point it isn't.

Cugel
11-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Are we now attributing the 6-0 start to ORTON? :shocked:

Are people forgetting the "Immaculate Deflection" already? Couple of miracle bounces and the Broncos get lucky before reality comes in and bites them in the butt. Kyle Orton is not the answer for the Bears. Unless the question is: "how can we be certain that we tank the rest of the season?"

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
your right but,

now i'm not totally sure how this works. If we would have cut him a month ago and he cleared waivers and another team picked him up. Would we still have been on the hook for his remaining salary?

Or would the team that would have picked him up as a FA been on the hook for it?

A month ago it was before the trade deadline so teams would have had to pay us picks or players to get him. We got no offers. Now if someone claims him, we get nothing. But they pick up his salary.

Northman
I have said 4 of those wins were due directly to the D. However, Orton had two monster 90+ yard drives against the Pats in the win. He moved the ball enough against dallas in that win including the throw to marshall where he scored the winner.

One thing is sure. The "give Orton a D and a running game crowd" will be here in droves if he ends up in Chicago and wins with that formula.

I am not afraid of Orton and what he can or can't do. I just think this is a dumb and unnecessary move by the Broncos.

If he ends up in Chicago that game will be the flex game of the week.

Sorry mate, i just have no fear of Orton. In fact, i fear Hanie more than i do Orton. I actually PRAY they pick up Orton cause our chances go up a LOT if Hanie isnt playing.

jhildebrand
I think this team could have had a compensatory pick for Orton as well had he been allowed to walk at season's end.

Now, that may be gone completely. If so, makes this move even WORSE.

NightTrainLayne
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
This was really a favor from the organization to Orton. Maybe he catches on somewhere else and gets to play.

Good luck to him. He did his best. . .his best wasn't enough for us in our current situation, but it might be good enough someplace else to win a few games, and get a limping team into the playoffs (a limping team with a great o-line, and running game -- wonder if there's a team like that out there ;) ).

GEM
My "I got drunk with kyle orton" shirt just gained value!

Someone already said that, dufus!

BroncoStud
Better go ahead and put TOP on suicide watch.

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Are we now attributing the 6-0 start to ORTON? :shocked:

Are people forgetting the "Immaculate Deflection" already? Couple of miracle bounces and the Broncos get lucky before reality comes in and bites them in the butt. Kyle Orton is not the answer for the Bears. Unless the question is: "how can we be certain that we tank the rest of the season?"

Why the hell are you quoting me when we are saying the exact same thing? Are you having comprehension problems today Cugal? :lol:

wayninja
11-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Nope. Not at this point it isn't.

Sorry, too busy shoving cash into my sharper image portable fireplace to hear you. What was that?

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Listen, Orton does suck.

However, the beginning of this season isn't apples to apples, Gem. Orton and Miami didn't happen and we don't know all the behind the scenes details as to why and what Orton did or did not do or the team and how Orton felt about that. This is a clean slate for Orton.

It's only dumb if you think Orton can be successful somewhere else the last 6 games of the season. I don't think so. :shrugs: Could it come back to bite us, it could....will it, I don't think so.

red98
11-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I saw Clayton on espn speculate the Chiefs might claim Orton. :eek:

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry, too busy shoving cash into my sharper image portable fireplace to hear you. What was that?

Because your cash and Bowlen's are the same? :confused:

great analogy.

You know how much other dead money this team has? :confused:

2.5 mill pales

RebelRocker
11-22-2011, 05:15 PM
ADAM WEBER 4 QB!!!:beer:

Skacorica
I hope that was intended as sarcasm, because it was the most moronic post I've ready in a LOOONG time.

That was a joke, right? :confused:

Your sarcasm detector is working perfectly

jhildebrand
It's only dumb if you think Orton can be successful somewhere else the last 6 games of the season. I don't think so. :shrugs: Could it come back to bite us, it could....will it, I don't think so.

It could also be dumb if it rids this team of a compensatory pick that it might have received.

NightTerror218
Who is the new captain?

rcsodak

Love it.

~G
Theyve already said BQuinn was #2 in that case.

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I saw Clayton on espn speculate the Chiefs might claim Orton. :eek:

O M G!

That's even more perfect. On the verge of the playoffs and Tebow fails to beat Orton in KC and BOOM! Elway's sinister plan worked!

Mwhahahahahahahahaha

T.K.O.
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
when Cutler went down and with the doc saying 8 weeks i knew Orton would be gone today.
it would not surprise me in the least if Orton's agent will hammer out the deal tonight with Chicago.
same as when orton went 6-0 in Denver the bears have the D to make it work.
with Forte toting the rock Orton could be good enough to win a few...i just hope one of them is not in Denver:shocked:
that would be the icing on a shit cake if Orton had a hand in knocking us out of the PLAYOFFS !

oh yeah and the chiefs made room for him too:shocked:

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:17 PM
O M G!

That's even more perfect. On the verge of the playoffs and Tebow fails to beat Orton in KC and BOOM! Elway's sinister plan worked!

Mwhahahahahahahahaha

game is here

rcsodak
If he goes unsigned, denver still pays.

Skacorica
Sorry mate, i just have no fear of Orton. In fact, i fear Hanie more than i do Orton. I actually PRAY they pick up Orton cause our chances go up a LOT if Hanie isnt playing.

I have to ask why? He wasn't particularly impressive at CSU and he hasn't seen much field in Chicago?

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
game is here

Oh man. That's even better.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 05:19 PM

No, it's really dumb.

If the bears take him, there is no way he will be ready to face oakland. yet he might be plenty ready to play against the broncos. If the Chiefs take him, it's an improvement to their team, which broncos don't want. It would be tough to argue that Orton wouldn't be worth a 6+ round compensatory pick come march.

I don't see the upside at all. This smells like covering fire for Elway's idiotic "orton package" gaffe and nothing more. Good thing bowlen is babysitting Elway, I guess. Some of his zombies might wake up otherwise.

red98
It could also be dumb if it rids this team of a compensatory pick that it might have received.

I don't get all the angst for waiving the 3rd string QB. To me it's no different than waiving a special teams scrub.

Not sure why anyone cares except the team may save 2.5 million.

rcsodak

Well, no trades can be made anymore, so this is only alternative.
Will suck if Haley grabs him and he passes them to a victory in wk17.

wayninja
I have to ask why? He wasn't particularly impressive at CSU and he hasn't seen much field in Chicago?

He actually looked pretty decent filling in for Cutler in last years NFC title game...

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
It also allows them to move Weber to the active roster and possibly get him some reps down the road.

During blowouts, eh? :rolleyes:

;')

wayninja
No, it's really dumb.

If the bears take him, there is no way he will be ready to face oakland. yet he might be plenty ready to play against the broncos. If the Chiefs take him, it's an improvement to their team, which broncos don't want.

I don't see the upside at all. This smells like covering fire for Elway's idiotic "orton package" gaffe and nothing more. Good thing bowlen is babysitting Elway, I guess. Some of his zombies might wake up otherwise.

You are really obsessed by Orton and Elways respective packages.

NightTrainLayne
Doesn't Houston fall in the waiver wire line before Chicago? I think Houston will make a play for him. .. they're stuck with Leinert.

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:21 PM

He's more mobile, can make more plays with his feet. Orton would get crushed behind that Oline. Obviously, im not making Hanie to be Joe Montana but out of the two he certainly gives me pause rather than Kyle.

Buff
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Doesn't Houston fall in the waiver wire line before Chicago? I think Houston will make a play for him. .. they're stuck with Leinert.

I hope so. I don't want to tempt fate with a KC or Chi matchup with Orton starting.

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Too long enough

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:24 PM

Ive heard Leinart has good in practice though......

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Has anyone seen or heard from Topper? I'm worried. :(
INSTIGATOR!

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't get all the angst for waiving the 3rd string QB. To me it's no different than waiving a special teams scrub.

Not sure why anyone cares except the team may save 2.5 million.

People didn't get all my angst when this team threw away a 4th from Maroney.

I said then just how DUMB that was and a similar line of logic, like the one you are using now, was used. People after the fact tried to claim they felt it was dumb at the time.

This is dumb. What upside does Denver get from this? :confused:

Name me one thing that Denver gets/benefits by this?

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:26 PM
I promise Orton and his agent are telling teams that if they claim him he will not show unless that team is named the Bears.

chazoe60
11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Goodbye loser.

I sorta feel bad............

For wahtever group of chumps have to watch that boring **** next.

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I bet Orton is kicking himself for not agreeing to terms with the Miami deal...

In other news, Vegas has now moved the line for the game against the Chargers from Denver being 7 point dogs to 3-1/2 point favorites now that they have ridded themselves of the cancer that is KO.

Too bad for us that he was so dillusional about his worth that it cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick...:tsk:
The deal was in place with Miami, and THEIR ownership pulled the offer

:coffee:

Dzone
11-22-2011, 05:28 PM
It would be great to imagine Orton coming to mile high as a Bears starting QB in 3 weeks!
Oh that would be hyped like the super bowl around here...LOL..Pray that it happens!!!

Tned
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Just out of curiousity, how many coin flips has he won?

He lost the one in overtime in Miami.

Ziggy
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I promise Orton and his agent are telling teams that if they claim him he will not show unless that team is named the Bears.

Source?

BigDaddyBronco
Well now they can give his captain "C" to someone who deserves it.

GEM

That could suck. I still can't see it as horrible as you see it, but that's ok. I guess the powers that be find the money savings more enticing.

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Source?

Comprehension and common sense. Read my quote. :rolleyes:

I didnt state it as a report from the media.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM

I said then just how DUMB that was and a similar line of logic, like the one you are using now, was used. People after the fact tried to claim they felt it was dumb at the time.

I said why already. Only thing that makes sense is elway damage control.

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM

Who gives a ****?

NightTerror218
Try reading up. The deal was in place with Miami, and THEIR ownership pulled the offer

:rollseyes:

Because he would not renegotiate his contract....read up:rolleyes:

GEM
No, it's really dumb.

If the bears take him, there is no way he will be ready to face oakland. yet he might be plenty ready to play against the broncos. If the Chiefs take him, it's an improvement to their team, which broncos don't want. It would be tough to argue that Orton wouldn't be worth a 6+ round compensatory pick come march.

And your post smells of more Elway hate trolling.

BeefStew25

You are Clay's beat sock.

jhildebrand
That could suck. I still can't see it as horrible as you see it, but that's ok. I guess the powers that be find the money savings more enticing.

The pick would be worth more than the money.

Even the team made comments about not having the 4th from the idiotic Maroney deal and how it could have helped.

This team, while winning, still has a lot of holes! They aren't being talked about because of the winning. The more picks the better.

We just don't see eye to eye on this. I get it. It was the same way with Maroney. Time will tell who was right.

BigDaddyBronco
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM

Mmm, okay? This has nothing to do with Bowlen getting back $2 million?

NightTerror218
Well now they can give his captain "C" to someone who deserves it.

Who on offense is deserving? We already have several on defense.

Tned
This was really a favor from the organization to Orton. Maybe he catches on somewhere else and gets to play.

Good luck to him. He did his best. . .his best wasn't enough for us in our current situation, but it might be good enough someplace else to win a few games, and get a limping team into the playoffs (a limping team with a great o-line, and running game -- wonder if there's a team like that out there ;) ).

Yea, I see it as this as much as salary savings. If Orton can go to one of the teams that needs a QB, then he gets to play 5 or 6 games to help him in the offseason when he's a free agent.

jhildebrand
Who gives a ****?

The Bears, Orton and his agent. :lol:

The teams who might think about placing a claim.

BigDaddyBronco
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM

McGahee or Tebow.

Tned
11-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Try reading up. The deal was in place with Miami, and THEIR ownership pulled the offer

:rollseyes:

It's one of those "which story do you believe." Earlier today Vic Lombardi said that his sources said that Ortong refused a three year, $25 million deal, and then later, the owner pulled the deal after it went up to 3 years, $27 million.

jhildebrand
They wont name another Captain

GEM

Maroney was dumb. If you can't succeed with New England, you just aren't that good of a player.

$2.5 Mil. That's what they get. And with the money issues we keep hearing about, that's a pretty big deal to Bowlen.

red98
11-22-2011, 05:36 PM

The possibility of 2.5 million dollars as has been pointed out to you over and over.

and

Definitely opens up a roster spot.

That's two things.

Trading a 4th round pick for Maroney was dumb. A fourth round pick could be great. Doom was a 4th round pick. Orton was a 4th round pick that turned out to be no better than our 3rd string QB.

Cutting your third string QB is common. Would you be as upset if they cut Mountain Man Johnson?

I couldn't care less myself.

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM

That made no sense at all....but it's good to have confidence in yourself. :laugh:

rcsodak
O M G!

That's even more perfect. On the verge of the playoffs and Tebow fails to beat Orton in (DENVER) and BOOM! Elway's sinister plan worked!

Mwhahahahahahahahaha

Fixed

Northman
The Bears, Orton and his agent. :lol:

The teams who might think about placing a claim.

Oh, sorry. I didnt realize you were a Bears fan. My bad.

jhildebrand
Maroney was dumb. If you can't succeed with New England, you just aren't that good of a player.

$2.5 Mil. That's what they get. And with the money issues we keep hearing about, that's a pretty big deal to Bowlen.

I have been one to post money issues the most. Not so much money but cash flow. People refuted it for a long time. Only now are some people thinking there are issues there.

2.5 is nothing in the grand scheme. Shanny and McD come off the books as do other dead salaries next season. 2.5 pales in comparison.

If anything this team showed class and nothing more. Maybe wanted to avoid a locker room cancer as well. I think that is about all that can be said for this move.

NightTerror218

If someone claims him off the waiver that is 2.5 mill. Not to mention it frees up a roster spot for extra RB or WR or something.

igoe4broncos
11-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Some of you are actually scared about Orton possibly beating us with the Bears in a few weeks?

Von and Doom would rip him apart without even touching him.

MileHighCrew
glad to see an end to that chapter of broncos history

jhildebrand
Oh, sorry. I didnt realize you were a Bears fan. My bad.

Where did I say that? :confused: I DIDN'T. So don't try that sophmoric shit with me, brother.

Keep up, North.

Furthermore, you replied to my "Orton and agent will tell teams other than Chicago to stay away" quote with who cares. I simply answered it.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Mmm, okay? This has nothing to do with Bowlen getting back $2 million?

Every owner in the NFL would jump at the chance to buy a 5th round pick and most likely BETTER for 2.5 mil.

NightTerror218
Some of you are actually scared about Orton possibly beating us with the Bears in a few weeks?

who is scared? Bears with culter that is one thing, he would shred the secondary. Orton would cry with pressure. Culter would take his licks.

rcsodak
You are really obsessed by Orton and Elways respective packages.
He does like repetition

Buff

It's not that I'm scared of his abilities... I'm just scared that every move our front office makes turns to shit - so it wouldn't surprise me at all to be knocked out of playoff contention on New Years Day by Orton having the game of his life.

D1g1tal j1m
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Orton went from giving us the best chance to win to best chance at not being picked up through waivers in half a season.

Now that's amazing...

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
It's not that I'm scared of his abilities... I'm just scared that every move our front office makes turns to shit - so it wouldn't surprise me at all to be knocked out of playoff contention on New Years Day by Orton having the game of his life.

Who knows our O, knows our calls, who knows our D......

Again nobody is promising his play will beat us.

Northman
11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Where did I say that? :confused: I DIDN'T. So don't try that sophmoric shit with me, brother.

Keep up, North.

Furthermore, you replied to my "Orton and agent will tell teams other than Chicago to stay away" quote with who cares. I simply answered it.

Dont blame me brother, (who are you Hulk Hogan now?) You sure are riding Orton's jock pretty hard right now so its difficult to tell who your a fan of. If by chance Orton does get picked up by the bears want to make a wager that if they win it wont be because of Orton? It doesnt even have to be money. Im that confident Orton isnt that good.

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM

Not behind Chicago's offensive line.

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Who knows our O, knows our calls, who knows our D......

Again nobody is promising his play will beat us.

Ummm hildy....we aren't running anywhere near the same offense. Different offense, different calls.

D yes, but the D has been completely different since Orton was sidelined. He'd have to have Von and Doom completely sidelined behind CHI's oline. Those 2 would tear him apart. Another QB sent to IR.

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Dont blame me brother, (who are you Hulk Hogan now?) You sure are riding Orton's jock pretty hard right now so its difficult to tell who your a fan of. If by chance Orton does get picked up by the bears want to make a wager that if they win it wont be because of Orton? It doesnt even have to be money. Im that confident Orton isnt that good.

Where am I riding Orton's jock? Please be specific. I will wait. Becuase as far as this situation is concerned I have been blasting the team/fo for the move not praising orton. You are better than this north.

I could care less about the wager. My concern is this is a dumb move on the broncos part. There is no real benefit to be gained. It is even DUMBER if Orton ends up in Chicago.

But somehow that translates to me being a bears fan and riding Ortons jock :lol:

You are acting like the Tebow jockey riders you deride so much! The kettles are in aisle 11, Pot.

jhildebrand
11-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Ummm hildy....we aren't running anywhere near the same offense. Different offense, different calls.

D yes, but the D has been completely different since Orton was sidelined. He'd have to have Von and Doom completely sidelined behind CHI's oline. Those 2 would tear him apart. Another QB sent to IR.

Orton wasn't in the QB and Offense meetings leading up to the Jets game? :confused: Of course he is up to date. The only way he wouldn't be is if they change it for that game./

Denver Native (Carol)
The Denver Broncos waived quarterback Kyle Orton, team executive vice president John Elway announced today, ending his run with the team.

Orton and his agent David Dunn had started talking to Broncos officials about the move after it was learned Chicago Bears' quarterback Jay Cutler suffered a broken thumb on his right passing thumb Sunday that will likely sideline him for the rest of the season.

Orton has declined to comment.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19391873

HORSEPOWER 56

I wouldn't go that far. Amongst some of the better moves have been: hiring Dennis Allen as the DC, drafting Von Miller, signing Willis McGahee, trading away Brandon Lloyd for something instead of letting him walk for nothing, and yes, even starting Tebow over Orton which has resulted in a 5-5 record after starting 1-4.

Could you list some of those "turn to shit" moves? I'm waiting with baited breath...

As far as Orton goes, I think he ends up a Chief or even a Dolphin before he ever reaches the Bears' waiver pick.

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Who has the worst record?

And at this time of year, you look at offenses he's already knowledgable/comfy with.
Far as i know, he's never played under Martz. Or Kubes. Or Shanny.
But he is considered a quick learner, so a team with something to play for still makes sense.

Guess we'll find out in a couple days.

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Orton wasn't in the QB and Offense meetings leading up to the Jets game? :confused:

You have a point there. Who knows.

I have a hard time taking this as badly as you are. But, that's ok.

You see Orton as more of a threat than I do. :shrugs:

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Some article but bears and chiefs in the mix

http://www.broncosgab.com/2011/11/22/kyle-orton-waived-bears-and-chiefs-have-interest/

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
i think this is another solid move in what has been a strong rookie season for efx.

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Because he would not renegotiate his contract....read up:rolleyes:

The deal was done. That means he evidently did, does it not? Or is Shefter wrong?

dogfish
11-22-2011, 05:50 PM
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7691/1605007nooosuper.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/1605007nooosuper.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
It's one of those "which story do you believe." Earlier today Vic Lombardi said that his sources said that Ortong refused a three year, $25 million deal, and then later, the owner pulled the deal after it went up to 3 years, $27 million.

Going by a shefter article. Everybody knows he's never wrong, T. ;')

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 05:52 PM
The deal was done. That means he evidently did, does it not? Or is Shefter wrong?

Show me where he said it? I know owners pulled contract that i am not arguing.

GEM
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Going by a shefter article. Everybody knows he's never wrong, T. ;')

? Shefter is one of the better reporters. None ever get everything right, but he comes damn close.

rcsodak
Not behind Chicago's offensive line.

No sacks allowed in what, last 3 gms?
Didnt they start out the same way last year and then fix it after their bye?

T.K.O.

Orton wanted an extension and the Owner of the Dolphins decided he didnt want to commit to that lenght of time. deal fell through.

Oh and the bears are 30th on the waiver order so they may not claim him

Buff
11-22-2011, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Amongst some of the better moves have been: hiring Dennis Allen as the DC, drafting Von Miller, signing Willis McGahee, trading away Brandon Lloyd for something instead of letting him walk for nothing, and yes, even starting Tebow over Orton which has resulted in a 5-5 record after starting 1-4.

Could you list some of those "turn to shit" moves? I'm waiting with baited breath...

As far as Orton goes, I think he ends up a Chief or even a Dolphin before he ever reaches the Bears' waiver pick.

How about every move that has been made over the last 3-5 years?

If you want to limit it to the current front office, we can start with Orton, who we resigned to a $8-9 million extension to lead us to a 1-4 record before being cut mid-season. We undoubtedly could have gotten something for him prior to the season if we would have come down on the asking price.

I still think the B-Lloyd trade is more a failure than a success. Guy is clearly worth more than a 5th-6th rounder.

Ty Warren was supposed to be our centerpiece DT, despite coming off a missed season due to injury... He has contributed nothing.

I don't think it's a huge stretch to say our front office moves have been absolutely atrocious in recent memory.

vettesplus
11-22-2011, 05:58 PM
If someone claims him off the waiver that is 2.5 mill. Not to mention it frees up a roster spot for extra RB or WR or something.

or a real nfl qb...

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Google shefter/orton/miami...sure you will have luck. ;')

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
? Shefter is one of the better reporters. None ever get everything right, but he comes damn close.
? Is that not what i just said, G? ;')

BeefStew25
11-22-2011, 06:04 PM

If you want to limit it to the current front office, we can start with Orton, who we resigned to a $8-9 million extension to lead us to a 1-4 record before being cut mid-season. We undoubtedly could have gotten something for him prior to the season if we would have come down on the asking price.

I still think the B-Lloyd trade is more a failure than a success. Guy is clearly worth more than a 5th-6th rounder.

Ty Warren was supposed to be our centerpiece DT, despite coming off a missed season due to injury... He has contributed nothing.

I don't think it's a huge stretch to say our front office moves have been absolutely atrocious in recent memory.

Buff. Come one.

Buckley, Willis, M Thomas, etc.

The dark era is over.

I want to hold you until the night closes in, and then explore your ear with my tongue.

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:06 PM
No sacks allowed in what, last 3 gms?
Didnt they start out the same way last year and then fix it after their bye?

Orton is no Cutler....

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Orton is no Cutler....

Ugh....

G, i believe the commentary at the time was their Oline.

Plummer>cutler

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM

McDaniels team resigned Orton, not the current front office.

No one seemed to think so. Had they, we would have taken it.

Ty was a dumb move.

I would completely agree with you pre-Fox. Since, I think they have done a decent job.

Buff
11-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Buff. Come one.

Buckley, Willis, M Thomas, etc.

The dark era is over.

I want to hold you until the night closes in, and then explore your ear with my tongue.

We've gotten a few moves marginally right in the last few months... That doesn't undo complete and utter incompetence and destruction for the previous 5 years.

I'm not saying our front office can't get it right moving forward. I'm just saying they've done nothing to make me think they know what they're doing.

Forgive me if I'm a little jaded - I just wouldn't be surprised to see the Orton move blow up in our faces. It would sort of be a fitting send off for him to come back and kick us in the balls one final time with the Chiefs.

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:09 PM
? Is that not what i just said, G? ;')

Sorry, I took your post meaning the opposite. :)

Ziggy
11-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Id say that the new FO has made many more good moves than bad. They got the best player in the draft, traded for Bunk, found Chris Harris, and signed McGahee to 4 year/10 mill contract. There's no proof anywhere that anyone other than Miami had interest in Orton for 9 million, which is what it would have cost them, and with this offense, there's no way that BLoyd re-signs here in the offseason. It was a decent trade to get a 5th for him. It obviously hasn't cost us any wins, and he was walking after the season. As for the moves of the previous regime, that's history.

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Ugh....

Plummer>cutler

Their Oline did Cutler no favors and he's more mobile than Orton. Stick the statue back there and he's going to get tortured.

Have they improved, yea to Cutler's style of play. Cutler and Orton's style of play are a lot different. Cutler creates more time when the pocket collapses. Orton collapses when the pocket collapses.

BeefStew25
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
We've gotten a few moves marginally right in the last few months... That doesn't undo complete and utter incompetence and destruction for the previous 5 years.

I'm not saying our front office can't get it right moving forward. I'm just saying they've done nothing to make me think they know what they're doing.

Forgive me if I'm a little jaded - I just wouldn't be surprised to see the Orton move blow up in our faces. It would sort of be a fitting send off for him to come back and kick us in the balls one final time with the Chiefs.

Okay, I get that a bit. But imagine Von v Orton.

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Okay, I get that a bit. But imagine Von v Orton.

Oh man...I might need to :gem: thinking about that. :laugh:

dogfish
11-22-2011, 06:14 PM

come on, man, sack up! it's kyle frigging orton, for god's sake-- listen to what you're saying. . .

catfish
11-22-2011, 06:15 PM

is colquitt a captain?...he should be

aberdien
11-22-2011, 06:16 PM
There's no way he's a Bear.

He's more of a Twink i'd say.

dogfish
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
is colquitt a captain?...he should be

captain colquitt does kinda have a nice ring to it. . .

BroncoTech
11-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Houston already said they have no interest and they don't have the required cap space like Chicago and KC have.

Buff
11-22-2011, 06:19 PM
come on, man, sack up! it's kyle frigging orton, for god's sake-- listen to what you're saying. . .

FFS - listen to my explanation - it has nothing to do with Orton... It has everything to do with our place in the universe. He would beat us not because he is a superior QB, but because we are the lowly Broncos who have turned into the laughing stock of the league.

Instead of getting a pick for him in the preseason, we cut him midseason, only to get beat by him two weeks later. The story writes itself, Dog. I have come to expect every worst case scenario becoming a reality.

dogfish
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
FFS - listen to my explanation - it has nothing to do with Orton... It has everything to do with our place in the universe. He would beat us not because he is a superior QB, but because we are the lowly Broncos who have turned into the laughing stock of the league.

Instead of getting a pick for him in the preseason, we cut him midseason, only to get beat by him two weeks later. The story writes itself, Dog. I have come to expect every worst case scenario becoming a reality.

i get that, but. . . kyle orton!

every man has to have limits, buff. . . .

RebelRocker
11-22-2011, 06:23 PM
So is it safe to assume that they're going to activate Weber to the #3 spot?

I can't imagine that Quinn is the only depth we'll have behind Tebow going forward:tsk:

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Is it sad i thought this was an older "joke" thread brought back to life at first?

Dzone
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Adam Weber will make us forget Orton...
:pound:

Northman
11-22-2011, 06:25 PM

Going by that logic Buff we could lose to Palko and Hanie. Losing to a team like the Bears or Chiefs isnt anything new, this team is still young anyway. Even if Orton doesnt get picked up at all we could lose those games. Why are you worried about it so much now?

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM

No one offered picks for him in the preseason. The only team with a deal on the table was MIA and the owner pulled the deal because he was tired of paying huge amounts for journeyman qb's.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-22-2011, 06:28 PM

I actually believe this as well. Karma can really come back to bite hard. Look at what the sorry Jaguars did to Garrard (whom is suppose to be a stand up guy) the Jaguars sacked him 5 days before the season with a hurt back, not allowing him to get picked up immediately. Now look at the Jaguar organization now no one really wants to play for them and the players they have do not show up to play (50 percent effort on thier part).

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 06:28 PM
RT @foxsportsradio DENVER POST: KYLE ORTON’S AGENT BEGAN TALKING WITH THE BRONCOS ABOUT HIS RELEASE WHEN IT WAS LEARNED THAT JAY CUTLER SUFFERED A BROKEN THUMB

Buff
11-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Going by that logic Buff we could lose to Palko and Hanie. Losing to a team like the Bears or Chiefs isnt anything new, this team is still young anyway. Even if Orton doesnt get picked up at all we could lose those games. Why are you worried about it so much now?

I am not worried. I don't care that he is gone... I may even be a little satisfied.

All I'm saying is "It wouldn't surprise me if this one bites us in the ass." Here we are trying to save a little $$ at the end of the season at the expense of giving away a few trade secrets to our competition. No problems could possibly arise there.

camdisco24
IMO, this is good for everyone involved.
We can sit here all evening and debate about the situation but that fact of the matter is, we cut the dead weight and moved forward. To me, this is just another piece of the McD disaster being swept out the door. Bye Kyle, good luck with your next 3 teams.

dogfish
I actually believe this as well. Karma can really come back to bite hard. Look at what the sorry Jaguars did to Garrard (whom is suppose to be a stand up guy) the Jaguars sacked him 5 days before the season with a hurt back, not allowing him to get picked up immediately. Now look at the Jaguar organization now no one really wants to play for them and the players they have do not show up to play (50 percent effort on thier part).

why would the broncos get bad karma for doing a player a favor-- particularly when no one is adversely effected by the move?

:confused:

T.K.O.
11-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Orton wasn't in the QB and Offense meetings leading up to the Jets game? :confused: Of course he is up to date. The only way he wouldn't be is if they change it for that game./

Or....they could watch all the film on our offense and D since Tebow started....i think that will give them more "special ops info than Orton ever could:D

TT15Superman
11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Will we/can we pick up Delholmme? Wonder if Foxy isn't thinking that. hmmm.

Buff
11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
why would the broncos get bad karma for doing a player a favor-- particularly when no one is adversely effected by the move?

Because our front office is thumbing its nose at the potential negative outcomes.

They're saying "We know Chicago is a likely destination for Orton to end up, and we know we play them in two weeks, and we still don't care." Which is fine, but seems to be tempting fate more than I'd like.

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 06:35 PM

That meltdown would be so epic.

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
it's freaking orton, i would have thought this thread would be more joyous

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Report: Bears will claim Orton

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EST

Getty Images
The neckbeard could be returning to Chicago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/report-bears-will-claim-orton/

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Me too. This guy was gone weeks ago.

This to me is a symbol of progress.

Northman
11-22-2011, 06:42 PM

I think some people have some unresolved feelings for him. Its tough to let go sometimes. :lol:

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I think some people have some unresolved feelings for him. Its tough to let go sometimes. :lol:

i think as bronco fans we are getting to use to complaining about everything

vhatever
11-22-2011, 06:46 PM

But what about Elway's Orton package?!?!?!?

wayninja
11-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Your face is buried in it.

Thestrategist1
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Absloutely agree

wayninja
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Report: Bears will claim Orton

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EST

Getty Images
The neckbeard could be returning to Chicago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/report-bears-will-claim-orton/

That title sucks... what a sham journalist. Made it seem as though there was some inside info...

Jaws
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
RT Yahoo Noise - Hide the Jack Daniels, Chicagoans. It appears Orton will be back. Chronicle in HOU reports the Texans have NO interest in The Neckbeard.

link (https://twitter.com/#!/YahooNoise/status/139120406127841280)

vhatever
11-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Your face is buried in it.

Are you mocking the great John Elway's incredible football knowledge? The orton package will solve all our problems.

All Elway's problems anyway. Same thing, right?

NightTerror218
Nana na na nana na na hey hey hey gooooodbye!!!!!!!!!!!

wayninja
The Houston chronicle is making player moves for the Texans?

Tned

Wouldn't rule it out.

GEM

That was brought up to him on the radio to which he laughed and said Yea. Sarcasm. Learn it.

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Are you mocking the great John Elway's incredible football knowledge? The orton package will solve all our problems.

No we're mocking your lack of incredible football knowledge.

chazoe60
11-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Ugh....

Plummer>cutler

Yeah because a QB has nothing to do with sacks. :laugh:

wayninja
11-22-2011, 07:04 PM

I try not mock HOF'ers with multiple superbowl rings about their football knowledge. But, sorry, don't let me distract you from your package obsession.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 07:07 PM
I try not mock HOF'ers with multiple superbowl rings about their football knowledge. But, sorry, don't let me distract you from your package obsession.

You mock him by not supporting the Orton package.

tomjonesrocks
11-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, that extension McDaniels gave Orton certainly worked out nicely.

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Well, that extension McDaniels gave Orton certainly worked out nicely.

When i first heard that, I thought *&$#@$#%&*%$*

NameUsedBefore
11-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Orton's cards waver, then he slowly lowers them while biting the inside of his lip.

"Trips."

Bowlen shakes his head and tosses his cards out one at at a time, "Ace, King, Queen, Jack." He stops, coughs over his shoulder. "Excuse me. And a ten."

Orton grimaces, "Goddammit."

Elway sighs and his cheeks dimple with disappointment, "Thought you were a rounder, kid."

Orton's chair emits an awkward, intermittent screech as he stands up. He looks across the room and Tebow is busily scrubbing the bar down. Elway follows Orton's gaze, and then Tebow looks up and everyone pauses. Bowlen throws his arm over his chair and looks back.

"We need a contender," Elway says and the words linger. He follows, "A contender, kid. You in?"

The barman scrunches up the towel and throws it to some dark confine. He opens the table door and everybody gets on the floor and walks the dinosaur.

NorCalBronco7
11-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Never hated Orton like a lot of people. Thought he was a good game manager, but for Bronco fans, that will never cut it. Cant say I dont understand. Not sad to see him go, at all. But I wish him and his beard good luck.

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
You mock him by not supporting the Orton package.

how's the fishing going?

chazoe60
11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Good luck destroying Sundays for some other fanbase you lethargic boring quitter.

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Never hated Orton like a lot of people. Thought he was a good game manager, but for Bronco fans, that will never cut it. Cant say I dont understand. Not sad to see him go, at all. But I wish him and his beard good luck.

can't say i hate the man but i hated him in a denver uniform.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
how's the fishing going?

The fishing is always great in elway fantasy land. Everything is great here, in fact. Too bad there is no oxygen in the atmosphere here, though.

tomjonesrocks
11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Won't miss the shots of him on the sidelines tending to his dip.

Though those have diminished over the past few weeks.

dogfish
11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
RT Yahoo Noise - Hide the Jack Daniels, Chicagoans. It appears Orton will be back. Chronicle in HOU reports the Texans have NO interest in The Neckbeard.

link (https://twitter.com/#!/YahooNoise/status/139120406127841280)

gary kubiak actually knows what a quarterback looks like. . .

Good luck destroying Sundays for some other fanbase you lethargic boring quitter.

this is seriously the best you've got?

color me hugely disappointed. . . .

MileHighCrew
11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
The fishing is always great in elway fantasy land. Everything is great here, in fact. Too bad there is no oxygen in the atmosphere here, though.

as long as you're enjoying yourself

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2011, 07:50 PM
sorry if this has already been posted - did not have time to see if it had been

from article:

A league source confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that the Bears (7-3), who are 30th in the current waiver order, will put in a claim on Orton. Backup Caleb Hanie will replace injured starter Jay Cutler for the foreseeable future, but the Bears could use a veteran like Orton, whom the team traded along with two first-round draft picks and a third-round selection to acquire Cutler from the Broncos in 2009.

The Houston Chronicle reported Tuesday that the Texans aren't interested in Orton as they await another opinion on Matt Schaub's foot injury. If Schaub needs surgery, according to the report, the Texans will sign one of the veteran quarterbacks brought in for a workout Monday. A league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Kellen Clemens, Chase Clement, Brodie Croyle, Trent Edwards and Jeff Garcia worked out for the team.

As for the Chiefs, coach Todd Haley said the team has discussed bringing in a veteran but remains committed to Tyler Palko as the starter and rookie Ricky Stanzi as the No. 2 now that Matt Cassel is out for the season with a hand injury. Kansas City (4-6) is ninth in the waiver order.

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82460c85/article/report-bears-will-put-in-waiver-claim-to-reacquire-qb-orton?module=HP11_headline_stack

wayninja
11-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I have nothing personal against Orton, but man I really hope he tanks if he lands in Chicago... Anything else is just mud in our face.

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Oh man...I might need to :gem: thinking about that. :laugh:

I dont see that avy.........???

Agent of Orange
11-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I kind of hope we get Orton and not Hanie. I have this feeling that Orton might hit the deck at the sight of Miller. People should remember that Jay is good at manuevering in the pocket so he compensates for the offensive line. Orton is not good at maneuvering in the pocket. He's not exactly going to stay on his feet to deliver a throw in the face of a pass rush.