PDA

View Full Version : Miller Award-Vote!

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Von is up for Rook of the week. Head over to nfl.com/rookies and vote often.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Von is up for Rook of the week. Head over to nfl.com and vote often.

Link? I dont have time to search the entire website at work.

Thnikkaman
11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Link? I dont have time to search the entire website at work.

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2011/REG/11

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2011/REG/11

thank you

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
TT is also up for the Never Say Never Moment of the week also....again

GEM
11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
You know what has gotten lost in this whole Tebow shenanigans.....Von's fan-*******-tastic rookie season. Dude is AMAZING!!! :D

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
You know what has gotten lost in this whole Tebow shenanigans.....Von's fan-*******-tastic rookie season. Dude is AMAZING!!! :D

DROY no doubt.....is there an in general ROY award? BTW Von is now 5th in sacks in the league. 5 down from the leader, Ware, and 4 1/2 from the cowboy Allen.

vandammage13
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM

How many times does this need to be said before he no longer qualifies for being lost in the shenanigans?

GEM
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
How many times does this need to be said before he no longer qualifies for being lost in the shenanigans?

How many sacks does the guy need to get before people realize our real reason for winning has more to do with Miller than Tebow?

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 01:49 PM
How many sacks does the guy need to get before people realize our real reason for winning has more to do with Miller than Tebow?

I think it has more to do with entire new front 7, more then just Miller. Because you would think with the more intense pass rush would take pressure off secondary and our passing defense would be better. We are currently 21st.

vandammage13
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM

I've heard Von get plenty of recognition over the last few weeks.

Von is already making a name for himself in this league, and is pretty much a lock for Defensive RoY.

I think nationally people have taken notice of Von, especially after his performance in front of a nationally televised audience...The QB more often than not is going to get a disproportionate amount of the recognition, this is the way it's always been in the NFL and that's not something that started when Tebow took over as QB.

...By the way, Von is a big reason for us winning, but not the only (or real) reason, same for the QB. Von isn't running for 20 yard game winning TD's, just as Tebow isn't sacking the opposing QB at a high rate.

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I think it has more to do with entire new front 7, more then just Miller. Because you would think with the more intense pass rush would take pressure off secondary and our passing defense would be better. We are currently 21st.
Entire new.......huh?

Bunkley is the only new one, other than Von.

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Entire new.......huh?

Bunkley is the only new one, other than Von.

I call it new shceme with new players starting in Mays, Von, and Bunkley. We have Doomer and Ayers as DE instead of LB. We have new DL rotational players.

GEM
11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
I've heard Von get plenty of recognition over the last few weeks.

Von is already making a name for himself in this league, and is pretty much a lock for Defensive RoY.

I think nationally people have taken notice of Von, especially after his performance in front of a nationally televised audience...The QB more often than not is going to get a disproportionate amount of the recognition, this is the way it's always been in the NFL and that's not something that started when Tebow took over as QB.

...By the way, Von is a big reason for us winning, but not the only (or real) reason, same for the QB. Von isn't running for 20 yard game winning TD's, just as Tebow isn't sacking the opposing QB at a high rate.

I say the real reason because if teams were able to score at will, we'd be completely screwed. If Von wasn't putting the pressure on that he is, the secondary would be sucking worse than they are (Champ has said himself that the front 7 eases the secondary). The biggest force in the front 7 right now is Von. Without this, we would have more points against, which is something I don't feel Tebow would be able to overcome with the stagnant for 3.5 quarters offense.

Just my opinion, but I find him a heck of a lot more valuable than Tebow....then again I am all about defense so that may play a part in my opinion. :D

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I say the real reason because if teams were able to score at will, we'd be completely screwed. If Von wasn't putting the pressure on that he is, the secondary would be sucking worse than they are (Champ has said himself that the front 7 eases the secondary). The biggest force in the front 7 right now is Von. Without this, we would have more points against, which is something I don't feel Tebow would be able to overcome with the stagnant for 3.5 quarters offense.

Just my opinion, but I find him a heck of a lot more valuable than Tebow....then again I am all about defense so that may play a part in my opinion. :D

Doom is coming around too now, 3.5 sacks in last 3 games or so. I want to know who had the FF that the Jets OL was able to score on. Give him some credit for the FF.

GEM
11-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Doom is coming around too now, 3.5 sacks in last 3 games or so. I want to know who had the FF that the Jets OL was able to score on. Give him some credit for the FF.

I get excited just thinking about Doom full speed and Von. :D:D:D:D

WMD...this used to be a term to make fun of an old President....Weapons of Miller Doom!!!

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I get excited just thinking about Doom full speed and Von. :D:D:D:D

WMD...this used to be a term to make fun of an old President....Weapons of Miller Doom!!!

My Christmas present to myself is a Miller Jersey.

The wife wants TT jersey (she not not quite a Bronco fan yet, but likes him for who he is and what he stands for, and because she is a Bronco's fan in the works).

vandammage13
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM

I can respect that...I agree that Von has played a huge role in the turn-around.

I will say that if TT was turning the ball over at the rate that Orton was that it wouldn't matter how many sacks Von has had.

To me, that is TT's biggest contribution during this run, and it has clearly been a difference maker in how effective this defense can be when they are not constantly defending a short field.

rcsodak
11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I call it new shceme with new players starting in Mays, Von, and Bunkley. We have Doomer and Ayers as DE instead of LB. We have new DL rotational players.

You said "entire new front 7".
Mays was Mike (ilb) as well.

Yes, the scheme changed, but not the players.

GEM
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I can respect that...I agree that Von has played a huge role in the turn-around.

I will say that if TT was turning the ball over at the rate that Orton was that it wouldn't matter how many sacks Von has had.

To me, that is TT's biggest contribution during this run, and it has clearly been a difference maker in how effective this defense can be when they are not constantly defending a short field.

That is one of the things that I have been impressed with Tebow. He doesn't make a lot of costly mistakes turning the ball over. At the same time, I think he has a fear of it which hinders his abilities. Right now, I think he is scared of throwing. I think all the talk got in his head. He is now fearful of making those types of mistakes.

It is good to see both sides of the ball complimenting each other. It's refreshing as compared to years passed.

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 02:57 PM
You said "entire new front 7".
Mays was Mike (ilb) as well.

Yes, the scheme changed, but not the players.

I think it since you have 5 players that are new starters or in new positions. mays was a backup.

Skacorica
11-22-2011, 05:22 PM

It is not lost. See Von Mill Destruction Megathread.

I Eat Staples
11-22-2011, 09:30 PM

Well worth the 2nd pick. In fact, I'd go as far as to predict he'll have a bigger impact on our team for years to come than Cam Newton will have in Carolina.

Players like Miller don't come along very often.

DenBronx
11-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I voted....and voted.....annnnnndd voted.....annnnd voted again ....and again....and...

FlyByU
11-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I have got to get me a Miller Jersey...