PDA

View Full Version : Tebow on ESPN First Take today

lgenf
11-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Tebow is meeting Skip today.

Just not sure exactly when he will be on the show, as it's a two hour show, but he is going to be on today at some point.

Just thought some of you might like to watch.

catfish
11-22-2011, 10:12 AM
approx 50 minutes from now per the countdown they are showing

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Skip Bayless, First Take and #whenSkipmeetsTebow are trending on twitter.

:tsk:

claymore
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Hopefully they are running a delay for when Skip climaxes.

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM
:lol: I'm actually excited to watch this. Coming on in 15 mins.

I think Skip is pretty down to earth, he'll give Tebow some tough questions, and of course praise him too.

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 10:51 AM
:lol: I'm actually excited to watch this. Coming on in 15 mins.

I think Skip is pretty down to earth, he'll give Tebow some tough questions, and of course praise him too.

Really? Skip Bayless is :slimgator: on steroids with a job at ESPN.

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 11:02 AM

So far he's been right... :justsaying:

claymore
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
So far he's been right... :justsaying:

He was hilarious after the Miami win. I LMAO'ed

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Tebow just hung up on Skip...

haha jk, technical difficulties.

slim
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM

Just tyring to balance out your hate, MOrrill Hoge.

claymore
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh my...

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 11:25 AM
That was more of an interview than a debate, but I enjoyed it.

Tebow is such a good guy. You cannot ask for a better person to be sporting a Broncos jersey. I know thats not breaking news, but I love how he stands up for what he believes.

Skacorica
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Summary for those of us driving our chillins to daycare?

slim
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I didn't see it (at work).

Did Skip keep his pants on?

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Skip did keep his pants on and the interview was a one on one with Skip and Tim. (via phone)

Tebow talked about leadership as a QB and having faith in his teammates around him. Skip asked about his accuracy issues and Tebow said he knows he has to keep improving and working with the coaches.

They asked him about the recent Plummer comments and Tebow answered it flawlessly. He said he appreciated the complement about him being a winner, but gave a great example of why he always thanks his savior. He compared it to loving your wife, he said if you truly love her you should tell her you love her every chance you get. He said his relationship with Jesus Christ is no different.

Most interesting thing to me was when Skip asked about Elway still not believing in him yet... Tebow said he doesn't listen to it and just plays his own game. He said that about the media too, but I was kind of surprised he answered Elway's comments the say way.

I'm sure I left out quite a bit, but they will certainly post it on ESPN later I'm sure!

lgenf
11-22-2011, 11:49 AM
He thanked plummerbfor calling him a winner

He's a Christian and said if you are married is it ok and just to tell your wife you love her only on the day you get married, or should you do it every day? And that is why he takes every advantage to speak about his relationship with JC, that first in his life is God, then Family then football and his teammates.

He's at peace in the fourth quarter with the game on the line and just does whatever needs to be done, and if that means running over someone then he does, or sliding or going out of bounds, Or completing a pass, it's just whatever it takes and hes willing to sacrifice his body to get the job done

He's had people try to make him a TE and LB his whole life and he's fought to become the QB he is at every level, andnthatsbwhere he is now, he's working to prove that he deserves to be the QB

He feels blessed to be a qb right now for the broncos and doesn't care what scheme they have to run to win games, and loves this team and his teammates

He will do whatever it takes to work on the field, he doesn't care how it looks, it's just all about the WINS, play action, runs, passes bootlegs, no matter what

Tim avoided putting the front offic on the hot seat
Skip asked about rating himself as a passer, does this offense work for you, how do you feel about elways comments, how do you feel about plummers comments

Number 1 thing that makes a QB successful is Leadership followed by decision making, plus many others, but those are first

Accuracy is important, because the windows are tight in he league, but I am continuing to work on it everyday,

We are getting better every week and that matters

I feel lucky and blessed to play for elway, fox, and bowlen, and I want to go out each game and make them proud and win games for them.

I don't focus on things that people say because that doesn't affect me each day, I continue to work hard everyday to get better

I am glad that pro football gives me a platform as a role model to have people point me out and say to their child, look at him and he does it the right way right way, he's someone to be proud of

And this platform allows him to have a charity that gives him the opportunity to help others, and he mentioned his charity gives back, and if all we do is go out there and wi. Or lose football games weve lost focus, that life is bigger and we need to help others

Skip, is this sustainable?
I will get better today, be a good teammate and try to win sunday

He laughed at skip trying to get him to say we will win the AFC west, but Tim did say we are giving everything every game to try and win, and we are proud of that

camdisco24
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Lgenf nailed it.

I'll keep an eye out for the link later.

Skacorica
11-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Just watched it on repeat. Man, the kid never says anything wrong. I mean, its like he speaks in cliches, yet actually means every word of it.

Makes me wonder, is Tim Tebow a robot?

catfish
11-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Just watched it on repeat. Man, the kid never says anything wrong. I mean, its like he speaks in cliches, yet actually means every word of it.

Makes me wonder, is Tim Tebow a robot?

he has had his every word picked over for the last 5 years, he is pretty good at the canned response. I think the only off the cuff response was the one about plummer. The rest are standard responses calculated to not give the talking heads any fodder....some people could take notes on how to do it

Dreadnought
11-22-2011, 02:10 PM
he has had his every word picked over for the last 5 years, he is pretty good at the canned response. I think the only off the cuff response was the one about plummer. The rest are standard responses calculated to not give the talking heads any fodder....some people could take notes on how to do it

He misdirects and redirects media questions effortlessly. I actually enjoy watching it. Some of them are almost desperate for him to say something controversial, but he's too good at this game to fall for it.

Tned
11-22-2011, 02:45 PM
They asked him about the recent Plummer comments and Tebow answered it flawlessly. He said he appreciated the complement about him being a winner, but gave a great example of why he always thanks his savior. He compared it to loving your wife, he said if you truly love her you should tell her you love her every chance you get. He said his relationship with Jesus Christ is no different.

At the risk of this being perceived as a 'religious' comment, I don't quite buy Tebow's comparison. I love my wife, but I don't start or end meetings with "I want to thank my wife" or anything akin to that.

That said, I don't have an issue with Tebow doing it. He's FAR from the only player that does it, and it's no different than actors that make political statements at every opportunity, such as from the stage at the Oscars.

rationalfan
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM

it's easy to assume a guy who works so hard on his athletics would put the same type of effort into being media savvy. it doesn't feel sincere or spontaneous to me, and that's why i rarely feel the need to hear/read any tebow interviews. he's electric on the field, but a very boring quote.

catfish
11-22-2011, 02:51 PM
it's easy to assume a guy who works so hard on his athletics would put the same type of effort into being media savvy. it doesn't feel sincere or spontaneous to me, and that's why i rarely feel the need to hear/read any tebow interviews. he's electric on the field, but a very boring quote.

want me to pre- quote his next interview?

Thanks to Lord and Saviour

Blessed to play with such great players and coaches

Doesn't listen to critics just tries to get better every day.....repeat varying slightly.

Makes for a boring interview, but doesn't start 3 thread talking about what your quotes meant either(see Elway, John) :)

Thnikkaman
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
want me to pre- quote his next interview?

Thanks to Lord and Saviour

Blessed to play with such great players and coaches

Doesn't listen to critics just tries to get better every day.....repeat varying slightly.

Makes for a boring interview, but doesn't start 3 thread talking about what your quotes meant either(see Elway, John) :)

I think that both Tebow and Elway know exactly what they are doing infront of a mic/camera, and do it on purpose.

I'm enjoying how this is all unfolding and the opportunity to troll the people with sandy vags who are getting butt hurt about what is being thrown out in the media.

People forget that this isn't the media of the 50s and 60s where just the facts are put on display. This is all entertainment put together for ratings and advertising money. The controversy will get the Broncos more national attention, and more money goes to the league.

If you don't care for what is being said, then vote with your dollar.

catfish
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I think that both Tebow and Elway know exactly what they are doing infront of a mic/camera, and do it on purpose.

I'm enjoying how this is all unfolding and the opportunity to troll the people with sandy vags who are getting butt hurt about what is being thrown out in the media.

People forget that this isn't the media of the 50s and 60s where just the facts are put on display. This is all entertainment put together for ratings and advertising money. The controversy will get the Broncos more national attention, and more money goes to the league.

If you don't care for what is being said, then vote with your dollar.

If Elway's intent is to keep Denver in the spotlight I have no issues with what he said, if the intent is to calm the raging inferno that is Tebowism I don't think it was a good plan...only he knows what he was trying to do there

wayninja
11-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Meh, it was filled with typical Tebow responses, but I honestly never get tired of the guy saying stuff like "I'll do anything to win, I don't care about my body or what they ask of me". It's not been said a lot, but we could do a lot worse when it comes to attitude/ego in a QB.

Agent of Orange
11-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry, I just find it both somewhat amusing and sad that Plummer has come down from mountains to hitch his wagon to Tebow's star. Its laughable that Plummer says he was there too soon as if he and Tim are the same guy. ****, Jake, you quitter. Go climb a tree.

honz
11-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Sorry, I just find it both somewhat amusing and sad that Plummer has come down from mountains to hitch his wagon to Tebow's star. Its laughable that Plummer says he was there too soon as if he and Tim are the same guy. ****, Jake, you quitter. Go climb a tree.

So anybody that changes their career during their lifetime is a quitter? Interesting.

Agent of Orange
11-22-2011, 11:44 PM
So anybody that changes their career during their lifetime is a quitter? Interesting.

He quit on the team in 2006 too.

honz
11-22-2011, 11:52 PM

His heart wasn't in it anymore, which led to a....wait for it...career change!

MOtorboat
11-22-2011, 11:55 PM

Much better than the choke artist who took his place three years in a row.

It's pretty hard to say Plummer quit on the team with seven games to play and the team in the playoff hunt. Plummer makes the playoffs. Cutler doesn't. That's pretty obvious at this point.

nevcraw
11-23-2011, 12:24 AM

It's pretty hard to say Plummer quit on the team with seven games to play and the team in the playoff hunt. Plummer makes the playoffs. Cutler doesn't. That's pretty obvious at this point.

As far as the rest of the post, more insults, and rule breaking, yay!

wow.. really? Plummer was playing like shit when he got the yoke and had been most of that season. you can lie to yourself but the not the intelligent members of this forum who all watched him choke that season with the weight of Cutler and and his lack of excitement for the game.

Tned
11-23-2011, 12:35 AM
wow.. really? Plummer was playing like shit when he got the yoke and had been most of that season. you can lie to yourself but the not the intelligent members of this forum who all watched him choke that season with the weight of Cutler and and his lack of excitement for the game.

Well, you just clouded fact with your opinion. Why he played bad is purely your opinion, however there is no question that he played horrible in '06 and that the 7-2 start (if I remember correctly) was due to how great the defense was playing. Then, when the defense came crashing to earth, the lost two more and then started Cutler.

Now, as to my "opinion" of why Plummer played bad, it was because Kubiak was gone and Heimerdinger was brought in and replaced the Shanny/Kubiak misdirection/bootleg offense with a more traditional drop back passing, multiple WR offense in anticipation of Cutler.

Not only was Plummer not suited to this new offense, the offensive line failed miserably in the traditional straight up pass blocking vs. the playaction based blocking where the small linemen played well.

sneakers
11-23-2011, 03:38 AM
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_85/hay_guys.jpg

honz
11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
DELETED

Plummer got benched with the team in the playoff hunt, how is that quitting again?

BeefStew25
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Plummer got benched with the team in the playoff hunt, how is that quitting again?

He mentally quit that spring. He admitted that. His play that fall showed it.

claymore
11-23-2011, 09:25 AM

As far as the rest of the post, more insults, and rule breaking, yay!

Are you effin serious? he had 13 int's and ten tds with a QB rating in the 60's. Plummer had a full fledged melt down. He completley quit on the team.

Cutler came in and performed far better, yet... He was the reason we didnt make the playoffs. SMH

lgenf
11-23-2011, 10:20 AM
This thread is not about Plummer

There is one for that already

Please get back on topic

claymore
11-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Plummer beats women.

honz
11-23-2011, 10:46 AM
So him leading the team to a 7-3 record with his heart not in it anymore is still considered quitting? NFL players are people too, they aren't robots whose sole purpose is to play football. Maybe I'm alone but I respect the fact that he didn't want to play NFL football anymore and decided to do something that made him enjoy life more. I watched every game of the 2006 season and he certainly wasn't out there trying to lose football games for the Broncos or anything. Maybe I'm too sympathetic but it gets to me when people call him a quitter. He was the last QB to get us to the playoffs for crying out loud!

slim
11-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Cutler fanbois calling Jake a quitter...that is rich.

MOtorboat
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
This thread is not about Plummer

There is one for that already

Please get back on topic

LOL...because this is the ONLY Tebow thread.

Timmy!
11-24-2011, 07:14 AM
ffs people focus. the word "tebow" has not appeared the manditory minimum of 1,000 times yet in this thread. this a clear violation of the forum coc and should not be tolerated. mods, i will help

tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow.

there. met my quota.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

lgenf
11-24-2011, 09:53 AM
ffs people focus. the word "tebow" has not appeared the manditory minimum of 1,000 times yet in this thread. this a clear violation of the forum coc and should not be tolerated. mods, i will help

tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow tebow.

there. met my quota.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Thank you for getting us back on topic

WARHORSE
11-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Yeah I think some forgot about that.

He ADMITTED he quit, once he was out of football and safe and sound.

Kinda like Tiki Barber runnin his mouth after he was out of football.

Whether he took some time to realize it or not doesnt matter, cause his team as a whole felt the effects.

Plummer quit on his team.....END OF STORY.

Im sure he'll come back one day and say he didnt quit on his teamates, that he quit on Shanahan and the 'system'.

Fact is, no matter the reason his play effected his team.

Does anyone think that its a possibility that THIS attitude during the season was what prompted Shanny to bench him?

Plummer was sour from the moment they drafted Cutler.

Instead of manning up like a real Tillman, he chose to fold instead of seeing Cutler as a tool to push him to be better for the team.

Plummer was the QB of the football team, and he was exhibiting a bad example of leadership to the rest of the team.....anyone see how Cutler immitates any of that?

I have no hard feelings on Plummer. Good guy. But one day hes going to figure out that all his conspiracy theories about the 'system' of the NFL really derailed the chance to just enjoy it all in spite of what anyone else does.

Sure the NFL is systematic, but as a player I dont believe you should allow that to affect your love of the game....or your team.

I think he missed that boat. He had it early on in his career, but it seems his choices in response to the pressures of the game changed that.

Plummer was a better QB when he played like a kid on the street. Once he began thinking too much about the reasons behind the reasons of everyones motives......egad.

And its too bad cause when Plummer played like a sandlot kid.........he was awesome to watch.

(btw, I do think that the initial coverup of Pat Tillmans death had alot to do with this. The guys were real close and it effected Jake. I cant speak for Pat Tillman, but I believe one of the things he loved about Jake was the way he played the game like streetball......I for one wish that Plummer had chosen to honor his friend by continuing to play the game that way. )

Anyway, just my sorry opium.:coffee:

WARHORSE
11-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Remove subtopic......back to topic.

While its our human tendency to think Tebows answers are rehearsed and calculated, thats not the only possibility. Its simply the possibility we've been geared to assume. As a people on the whole, that is now who we are.

I believe what Tim Tebow has is called sincerity.

See, if you really feel the way that he does about things, and then you answer freely and simply when asked a question, then youre not thinking about muddling your words, or making a mistake, or throwin someone under the bus.

Is it so hard to think that a young man can be raised to believe in something different than what corporate America thinks?

Does he strike you as someone who doesnt want to make a mistake during an interview because of what that does to his PR value?

Is it so hard to think that if given a chance, we can actually really believe and love one another in spite ourselves?

Not that I in any way reflect this, but I strive to because I see the power of this weakness in helping people.

People are not perfect. But love is. One overcomes the other if you can see it. And if you cant....

Have you ever seen a people that lived on a mountain made of trash?

Go to the Philipines and witness it yourself.

I believe at our poorest selves, we are our greatest selves.

Tebow learned that early on it seems.

I for one, wins or no wins, am happy to see a young man actually care about his responsibility as a role model for our youth more than his personal worth or own greatness.

That in the end, is why he is great already.