01-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Check it out at http://www.startrekmovie.com/

It looks really good.

Magnificent Seven
01-15-2009, 11:34 PM
better than generation movies?

FanInAZ
01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
:confused: Who's the guy that that they buried under a mountain of make-up to look like a young Lennord Nemoi? Why can't they let the original cast rest in peace? They still have the cast for DS 9 and Voyager to send through the worm hole and into more adventure with unknown races. They still have Seven of Nine to help them perfect a transwarp drive that can take them back to the Delta Quadrant or even to to the never visted Beta Quadrant. Why can't anybody associated with the Star Trek franchise think of creative stuff like this? :confused:

Devilspawn
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
This movie looks kick ass. The Generation Movies were sub-par. The Shatner/Nimoy movies were pretty cool except for the first one and that horrible part 5. Part 6 is stillmy favorite but something tells me this one will blow the previews Trek films out the water. It will look great, but most of the time that means the writing sucks. I pray it doesn't.

Magnificent Seven
03-21-2009, 02:50 PM
:confused: Who's the guy that that they buried under a mountain of make-up to look like a young Lennord Nemoi? Why can't they let the original cast rest in peace? They still have the cast for DS 9 and Voyager to send through the worm hole and into more adventure with unknown races. They still have Seven of Nine to help them perfect a transwarp drive that can take them back to the Delta Quadrant or even to to the never visted Beta Quadrant. Why can't anybody associated with the Star Trek franchise think of creative stuff like this? :confused:

I guess they want to do remake movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hulk, Dark Knight, and another movies.

However, I'm impressed with Indiana Jones 4, Rambo 4, Die hard 4, and Terminator 3. They are currently filming Beverly Hills Cop 4 with Eddie Murphy. I believe they will do a better job than part 3.

Hobe
03-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Because Roddenberry died! *Deep space morning*

Everybody else has just been throwing gilts on his model to see if anything would stick.

The trailer didn't look bad though. :2thumbs:

Day1BroncoFan
03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I haven't missed a Trek movie yet. I won't miss this one either. :D

Den21vsBal19
03-21-2009, 08:28 PM
This is the 11th movie, I think................so based on the previous movies, I wouldn't hold out too much hope...................the even numbered ones are the better ones..............

Won't stop me from going to see it though ;)

MasterShake
03-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm more of a Star Wars guy, but even this has me a little excited. Between this, Terminator 4, and even Transformers and The Wolverine origins movie it should be a decent summer. Nothing like last year, but good. Even Year One with Jack Black and Michael Cera looks pretty good. I've only seen the first 4 Star Trek movies and part of generations, the second is my favorite.

Shazam!
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm a Star Wars guy first and foremost, but this looks excellent.

Den21vsBal19
03-31-2009, 02:36 AM
On a related note, I see the digitally-remastered, Blu-ray of season one of the Original Series is out in April :D

Kapaibro
03-31-2009, 02:52 AM

Spock is played by Zachary Quinto (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0704270/) better known as Sylar from Heroes

http://blog.newsok.com/staticblog/files/2008/09/zachary-quinto.jpg

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 04:27 AM
Spock is played by Zachary Quinto (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0704270/) better known as Sylar from Heroes

http://blog.newsok.com/staticblog/files/2008/09/zachary-quinto.jpg

They didn't really have to bury him under makeup. Just slap some vulcan ears on that dude and viola!

Kapaibro
03-31-2009, 05:19 AM
They didn't really have to bury him under makeup. Just slap some vulcan ears on that dude and viola!

yup

Kapaibro
04-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7989146.stm)

Spock actor Leonard Nimoy set his phasers to stun at a movie screening on Monday when he switched 1982's Wrath of Khan for the new Star Trek film.

Sci-fi enthusiasts in Austin, Texas turned up for the classic film only to find Nimoy introducing the first public showing of director JJ Abrams' prequel.

The film was given a six minute standing ovation and one filmgoer said fans were "crying they were so happy."

Star Trek, the 11th film in the franchise, is due for release on 8 May.

It follows James T Kirk as he graduates from Star Fleet Academy and becomes captain of the starship Enterprise.

Chris Pine takes over the role of Kirk which was played by William Shatner in the 1960s television series and seven of the films.

The prequel had its official world premiere in Sydney, Australia on Tuesday night.

Film company Paramount arranged for Nimoy, along with the film's writers and its producers to unveil the film to hardcore fans first and the audience from Monday's unexpected showing immediately started posting reviews on Twitter.

One fan called it "the best Star Trek movie ever" adding, "yes, it even beat Wrath of Khan".

Another said, "the cast is superb, the story is compelling, the action is exciting". Another simply added: "Just saw the new Star Trek movie and it MELTED MY PANTS!!!!!"

The enthusiasm carried over to the Sydney Opera House premiere, where one viewer reported "there were a lot of moments where the audience spontaneously burst into applause".

Nimoy, who played Vulcan crew member Spock in the television series and several films, has a role in the prequel.

Heroes actor Zachary Quinto, who plays the younger Spock, commented at the premiere: "Leonard and I have become very close in this process and his experience has been unique to him and mine will be unique to me."

The new cast also features Winona Ryder, Eric Bana and, as the younger version of Scotty, British actor Simon Pegg.

BroncoJoe
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Huge fan of the originals, and the original cast movies (watched Wrath of Khan again just the other day). Never was able to get into the series with the other casts, but this looks awesome!

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Huge fan of the originals, and the original cast movies (watched Wrath of Khan again just the other day). Never was able to get into the series with the other casts, but this looks awesome!
I'm quitely looking forward to this, as I do for any Star Trek..........I hope they don't contradict the established history too much though.................

sneakers
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Star trek is for homos.

Broncospsycho77
04-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Nerds.

Magnificent Seven
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
George Lucas is haunted. He might rethink about making another Star Wars movie. (7, 8, and 9) :D

BroncoJoe
04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Star trek is for homos.

:tsk:

Nerds.

:tsk:

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
George Lucas is haunted. He might rethink about making another Star Wars movie. (7, 8, and 9) :D
He's got plenty of material to play with from the AU.

Although I think he's plenty busy at the moment with the forthcoming TV series

sneakers
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Although I think he's plenty busy at the moment with the forthcoming TV series

Heck yes, I can't wait for that.

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Heck yes, I can't wait for that.
Hell yeah, I can't wait to see the Empire raping & pillaging it's way across the galaxy :D

I really hope they've tapped into some of the writing talent that they've used for the novels (especially Tim Zahn), some of the charecters that have been created there rock

Broncolingus
04-09-2009, 02:53 PM
My youngest (10 y/o) really wants to see this...it's what? About the original crew before the series was supposed to have started in the 60s?

Broncospsycho77
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
My youngest (10 y/o) really wants to see this...it's what? About the original crew before the series was supposed to have started in the 60s?

I have no clue. Whenever I see Star Trek on TV, it's boring as hell (seriously, how do you make intergalactic warfare boring?). It would take a guy like Abrams (of LOST fame) to add interest to this kind of a series, IMO. If somebody pays for my ticket, I'll go.

Broncolingus
04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
I have no clue. Whenever I see Star Trek on TV, it's boring as hell (seriously, how do you make intergalactic warfare boring?). It would take a guy like Abrams (of LOST fame) to add interest to this kind of a series, IMO. If somebody pays for my ticket, I'll go.

I'm not into the sci-fi stuff, and those boo-boo's that dress up and go to the convention centers and what not - ayecarumba!

...I've always liked Shatner though.

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it's a prequel, but it also looks as if there may be some 're-imagining' ala BSG.

Just looking at the cast list, good to see they've included Chris Pike (the Enterprise's CO from the original pilot, and 'The Menagerie') but they've repeated the error from the 'Wrath of Khan' by including Chekov.......he only appeared in the 2nd season. Also, no mention of Gary Mitchell, who was Kirk's friend & XO in the 2nd pilot, 'Where No-Man Has Gone Before' ;)..............actually, McCoy wasn't the ship's doctor for the, either :whoknows:

Dirk
05-28-2009, 07:28 AM
I went and watched this and I thought it was awesome!

It basically shows how the original cast comes together before going at it as a team on the Enterprise.

If you have been a fan of the original cast I think you will be surprised at how believable most of the cast is playing the roles. Kirk, Bones Spock especially. Believable as those characters.

Also, if you are familiar with the original series you will see little things here and there that make you laugh because it is a tie back to that series.

My wife never watched the series and she enjoyed the movie. So I think it is safe to say if you are a ST fan or not, you will enjoy this movie.

I give it 6.5 out of 10. The only reason I didn't give it a little higher is because of the Spock scenario in the movie which I don't want to give away if you haven't seen it.

claymore
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
I dont think this movie deserves its own thread,.

Zweems56
05-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I went and watched this and I thought it was awesome!

It basically shows how the original cast comes together before going at it as a team on the Enterprise.

If you have been a fan of the original cast I think you will be surprised at how believable most of the cast is playing the roles. Kirk, Bones Spock especially. Believable as those characters.

Also, if you are familiar with the original series you will see little things here and there that make you laugh because it is a tie back to that series.

My wife never watched the series and she enjoyed the movie. So I think it is safe to say if you are a ST fan or not, you will enjoy this movie.

I give it 6.5 out of 10. The only reason I didn't give it a little higher is because of the Spock scenario in the movie which I don't want to give away if you haven't seen it.

***********SPOILERS***************

The second the Spock deal happens, they enter an alternate, parallel reality. This movie doesnt actually show how the cast came together, because Nero's presence sent ripples through time, changing the entire flow of history, starting with the destruction of the USS Kelvin. Its basically just the same crew with an entirely different cause for how they got into the positions they were in.