PDA

View Full Version : Should we forgo the 09 season so we can draft Eric Berry?

West
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Just curious on everyones thoughts.

EDIT: I'm not serious about the forgo the season part

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
why We already know your thoughts.. and no one else's matter right?

West
01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
why We already know your thoughts.. and no one else's matter right?

357 posts and you already read me like a book.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Yes!!!

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
We're gonna suck anyways.

West
01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Obviously its a joke. But in a way its suppose to put emphasis on how important getting an impact safety would be. Its been hard to watch our D without one of these.

PatricktheDookie
01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
We should have drafted Andy Katzenmoyer.

TXBRONC
I don't know much about him, but I wouldn't fore go an entire season just for the chance drafting him. There is no guarantee that he's going to be a success in the NFL.

Slick
Who is Eric Berry? I didn't see much college football this year at all, but I'm thinking he's a safety or corner from Tennessee? I should know this, my sister goes there.

I think you'll find that most posters would rather see us fix the front 7 before we worry about the secondary. We tried building a defense from the back and that failed miserably.

West
01-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't know much about him, but I wouldn't fore go an entire season just for the chance drafting him. There is no guarantee that he's going to be a success in the NFL.

He's about as big of a sure thing as Ed Reed or Sean Taylor is. He is a STUD.

West
01-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Who is Eric Berry? I didn't see much college football this year at all, but I'm thinking he's a safety or corner from Tennessee? I should know this, my sister goes there.

I think you'll find that most posters would rather see us fix the front 7 before we worry about the secondary. We tried building a defense from the back and that failed miserably.

Yes. He is THE Volunteer. Best player in the country.

JKcatch724
01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
We're gonna suck anyways.

:rolleyes:

That's not even Josh McDaniels in your sig.

dogfish
01-15-2009, 07:56 PM
ummm. . . . no. . . .

BroncoAV06
01-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Berry was a beast this year and could well be a stud in the making but no tanking a season, I will have my eyes on him again this season for sure. Have not seen a sophmore make that big of an impact on defense in a while.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
NEVER tank a season. That being said, Eric Berry is the real deal. He can be a Safety or CB, but he'll most likely be a Safety inthe NFL. Top CB recruit in the nation out of HS, he has not disappointed...although he was asked to move over to Safety. He will be #1 on my wish list for 2010...and not just cuz he's a Vol...but that part doesn't hurt.

But ya NEVER tank a season.

frauschieze
01-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Worst thread ever. Never throw a game for draft position, let alone a whole season!

West
01-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Worst thread ever. Never throw a game for draft position, let alone a whole season!

It was an exaggeration.

Rick
01-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I would never forgo a season for a rookie or trade all my picks for one. Rookies are not guarenteed.

Ask Ditka how trading an entire draft for Ricky Williams worked for him.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM

I think West was being sarcastic. We might as well anyways, or then again, we wont have to as I'm pretty sure we'll suck in the rookie HC's 1st year. At least he'll have an excuse and say yea, we purposely threw the season to get in the top 5 draft spot for Berry or whoever.

West
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I think West was being sarcastic. We might as well anyways because I'm pretty sure we'll suck in the rookie HC's 1st year. At least he'll have an excuse and say yea, we purposely threw the season to get in the top 5 draft spot for Berry or whoever.

:laugh:

Slick
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
It was an exaggeration.

I'm glad you edited your post. If you step on Frau, expect a long line of posters with a strong pimp hand.

I got your sarcasm here, but not everyone will.

West
01-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm glad you edited your post. If you step on Frau, expect a long line of posters with a strong pimp hand.

I got your sarcasm here, but not everyone will.

I didn't edit it.

But I feel like we haven't had an impact safety since Atwater. Its sad. It should be our #1 priority with LB coming in at #2

TXBRONC
01-15-2009, 08:24 PM
He's about as big of a sure thing as Ed Reed or Sean Taylor is. He is a STUD.

I would still no, even if he is the next big thing there are no guarantees that we'll have the opportunity to draft him.

West
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I would still no.

So would I. I'm just trying to make a point. Maybe I took it too far? :confused:

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
MLB 1st. Rey Muauluga.

frauschieze
01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
It was an exaggeration.

You wouldn't believe the idiots that come around here with bright ideas like that but are serious about it. :tsk:

West
01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
MLB 1st. Rey Muauluga.

Yeah i'd agree. There really isn't an impact safety out there this year.

Slick
01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I didn't edit it.

But I feel like we haven't had an impact safety since Atwater. Its sad. It should be our #1 priority with LB coming in at #2

The safety play has been horrendous. I wholeheartedly agree. I imagine the new DC won't settle for what we've got back there now.

West
01-15-2009, 08:30 PM
The safety play has been horrendous. I wholeheartedly agree. I imagine the new DC won't settle for what we've got back there now.

You expect too much. Look at the past DCs.

jrelway
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
tank a season to draft a player in the draft? fux a matter with you. tank 2 seasons to have pittsburghs or the ravens defense. yes i would.

Benetto
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Any player or coach who would even think about tanking a season for ONE player is a complete moron. MORON, with all caps.

Lets say we do draft this one player...He gets injured for the season. Ugh there go's another season...:rolleyes:

Lets say we get him and he turns out to be a stud...Ugh, there are 11 guys on the field not 1.:rolleyes:

Worst thread ever.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 08:35 PM
tank a season to draft a player in the draft? fux a matter with you. tank 2 seasons to have pittsburghs or the ravens defense. yes i would.

It's gonna happen whether we like it or not, purposely or not.

West
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Any player or coach who would even think about tanking a season for ONE player is a complete moron. MORON, with all caps.

Lets say we do draft this one player...He gets injured for the season. Ugh there go's another season...:rolleyes:

Lets say we get him and he turns out to be a stud...Ugh, there are 11 guys on the field not 1.:rolleyes:

Worst thread ever.

Wow.

:faint:

Benetto
01-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow.

:faint:

Not a knock at you, man...really..

G_Money
01-15-2009, 08:42 PM
2008 draft:

1 Jake Long
2 Chris Long
3 Matt Ryan
4 Darren McFadden
5 Glenn Dorsey
6 Vernon Gholston
7 Sedrick Ellis
8 Derrick Harvey
9 Keith Rivers
10 Jerod Mayo
11 Leodis McKelvin
12 Ryan Clady

Eric Berry is an incredible player. There are other incredible players. There will be incredible players drafted by those other than the worst 5 teams in the league, and Berry's a pulled hamstring from dropping in the draft.

You never tank to draft a stud. This isn't basketball. There's no Lebron to go get. Ryan Clady was the absolutely perfect pick for us in the first round this past year, fixing a crucial need with a pro-bowl performance. If we'd moved up or tanked we would likely not have drafted him. It helps to be lucky AND good.

Just let it play out. If you can add the best safety in the draft, you do. If you can't then you make sure to add whatever else you need. A draft isn't about getting the right player, it's about getting the right players.

Otherwise that Ricky Williams thing woulda worked out fine.

~G

West
01-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Not a knock at you, man...really..

Alright.

MOtorboat
01-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Who do you think we are, the Seattle Sonics?

West
01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Who do you think we are, the Seattle Sonics?

:faint: This is ridiculous. It was an exaggeration to put emphasis on our lack of a playmaking safety,

MOtorboat
01-15-2009, 08:58 PM
:faint: This is ridiculous. It was an exaggeration to put emphasis on our lack of a playmaking safety,

For one who claims to be a master of sarcasm your lack of ability to see it in other posts is astounding.

West
01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
For one who claims to be a master of sarcasm your lack of ability to see it in other posts is astounding.

I didn't claim that.

But someone told me to use smilies to show sarcasm.

PatricktheDookie
01-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I still say my Andy Katzenmoyer comment should have sufficed to end this thread.

broncosinindy
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
I'd like to have Cody next year. at this point he is a bonnafide high first rounder. well have to see him again next year. he is a immoveable object at NT. I really think it was wise for him to go back. if he can stay healthy and be more productive then it would be a no brainer.

I am never a advocate for tanking a season. although with all the changeing of schemes. schedule. and the way we played last year i wouldnt be surpised if we have a top five pick.

Eric Berry is hands down better then any safety we have seen in a bit. and i like mays Berry has the production to back himself up

broncosinindy
01-15-2009, 11:32 PM
2008 draft:

1 Jake Long
2 Chris Long
3 Matt Ryan
4 Darren McFadden
5 Glenn Dorsey
6 Vernon Gholston
7 Sedrick Ellis
8 Derrick Harvey
9 Keith Rivers
10 Jerod Mayo
11 Leodis McKelvin
12 Ryan Clady

Eric Berry is an incredible player. There are other incredible players. There will be incredible players drafted by those other than the worst 5 teams in the league, and Berry's a pulled hamstring from dropping in the draft.

You never tank to draft a stud. This isn't basketball. There's no Lebron to go get. Ryan Clady was the absolutely perfect pick for us in the first round this past year, fixing a crucial need with a pro-bowl performance. If we'd moved up or tanked we would likely not have drafted him. It helps to be lucky AND good.

Just let it play out. If you can add the best safety in the draft, you do. If you can't then you make sure to add whatever else you need. A draft isn't about getting the right player, it's about getting the right players.

Otherwise that Ricky Williams thing woulda worked out fine.

~G
Its wise to always draft BPA