PDA

View Full Version : Pass rushers Dumervil, Miller help power Broncos' winning streak

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
With a red Sharpie often tucked beneath the band of his visor, Dennis Allen is an upbeat, unassuming sort who could be using that marker to make a to-do list about almost anything.

In the last three games, the Broncos' defensive coordinator has seen his to-do list for stopping offenses completed to near perfection.

"I've said all along, what we do is always going to be partly about scheme," Allen said. "But a lot of it is our mentality, how we go about doing what we do. And we want to be fast. We want to be violent, aggressive, within the rules and we want to hit you as hard as we can. And we want to pressure your quarterback. We want to bring those pressures, make those guys uncomfortable back there.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19381145

Ziggy
11-21-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd say that Allen has turned this D into one that opposing QB's won't be looking forward to playing on Sundays. He's been nothing short of brilliant.

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I'd say that Allen has turned this D into one that opposing QB's won't be looking forward to playing on Sundays. He's been nothing short of brilliant.

glad to see a tough aggressive D. Just want to see them tackle better and not give us easy plays (move up from #18 D in league).

ikillz0mbies
11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm just excited to see how this young defense progresses. They have been impressive in this last stretch of games. I'd love to see who they pick up via draft and FA to make this defense even more imposing.

BroncoWave
11-22-2011, 12:31 AM
glad to see a tough aggressive D. Just want to see them tackle better and not give us easy plays (move up from #18 D in league).

This D tackles GREAT compared to what I've become accustomed to as a Broncos fan.

Davii
11-22-2011, 12:33 AM
I hope both Von and Elvis have monster games this Sunday. Maybe we can get the offense moving earlier, make Rivers play from behind, pressure him into continuing his league leading interception machine, and then knock his stupid grin right off his smug assface.

And yes, that assface was one word on purpose. I have a hard time coming up with an NFL player I have more dislike for than Phyllis.

TXBRONC
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM
I hope both Von and Elvis have monster games this Sunday. Maybe we can get the offense moving earlier, make Rivers play from behind, pressure him into continuing his league leading interception machine, and then knock his stupid grin right off his smug assface.

And yes, that assface was one word on purpose. I have a hard time coming up with an NFL player I have more dislike for than Phyllis.

Elvis has been getting to the quarterback on regular basis over the last few weeks so I expect that to continue. The Chargers will have to pick their poison as where to slide their protect on obvious passing downs.

underrated29
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Elvis has been getting to the quarterback on regular basis over the last few weeks so I expect that to continue. The Chargers will have to pick their poison as where to slide their protect on obvious passing downs.

Especially since, their LT went on IR...It was their LT wasnt it?

Either way. We need to rush Phyllis big time. And bring the double A gap blitz on him. Every game I have seen him this year (he is one of my FF Qbs so i watch a fair amount) he always struggles with it. So does their OL....Its also the blitz that we OWNED them with a couple years ago.

dogfish
11-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Especially since, their LT went on IR...It was their LT wasnt it?

Either way. We need to rush Phyllis big time. And bring the double A gap blitz on him. Every game I have seen him this year (he is one of my FF Qbs so i watch a fair amount) he always struggles with it. So does their OL....Its also the blitz that we OWNED them with a couple years ago.

yup. . . i loved when we started using von on the A gap blitz-- that speed right up the middle is just nasty. . . i wanna see phyllis digging dirt out of his facemask like the '09 game in san diego. . .

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
This D tackles GREAT compared to what I've become accustomed to as a Broncos fan.

Compared to past yes, but I would like to see the first guys who touch a RB tackle him so they do not rumble for an extra couple yards.....sorry I want a top 10 rushing D. We are currently 16. Our passing is 21 and needs to improve too.