PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis Update

broncofaninfla
01-15-2009, 02:11 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2009/01/15/peyton-hillis-update/

Saw that some fans on the message board yesterday were wondering about Peyton Hillis’ recovery from his hamstring injury he suffered against the Chiefs.
He’s been hanging around the locker room since he’s at the facilities rehabbing this offseason, and I thought I’d give you all a quick update.
He said everything’s coming along fine, and he’s not too concerned that he is staying in Denver working while many of his teammates are on vacation or home with their families.
“As long as I’m in here getting better, getting stronger, getting faster, there’s really not a problem for me,” he said.

Hillis said that it hasn’t really clicked into his mind yet that he’s not rehabbing from last season but really preparing for 2009. But he knows he wants to get into that mindset soon.
“Everything starts off slow because you are injured and you are working toward that goal to get back healthy,” he said. “Especially now because there’s a new coaching staff and a lot of things are going to be changing, you kind of want to get to that point where you’re healthy so you can start learning the playbook and start getting adjusted to things.”
So that’s a little update on his condition, hope that was helpful. There will be a story on many of the players staying in Denver to rehab this offseason in the upcoming issue of Broncos Magazine, so be on the lookout for that.
-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
love players like this that have a goal and do not rest on their laurels or draft position to think anyone owes them anything..

like to have about 40 more like him in the various positions on the squad..

JONtheBRONCO
01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I can only hope he is a lifelong Bronco..

Thnikkaman
01-15-2009, 03:44 PM
I can't wait to see him scoring on the Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Patriots, Giants, etc...

topscribe
01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
There's our stud running back. I believe that. :rockon:

-----

Slick
01-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I didn't think it was possible for me to like the kid any more than I already do. Hell of a 7th round draft choice.

Go Peyton!

LordTrychon
01-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Anyone know how often Broncos Magazine comes out in the offseason?

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Anyone know how often Broncos Magazine comes out in the offseason?

for every home game:salute:

Magnificent Seven
01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
That's cool!

TXBRONC
01-15-2009, 05:26 PM
There's our stud running back. I believe that. :rockon:

-----

Barring injury I think he will be. :salute:

Hobe
01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Hillis = gym rat :2thumbs:

LRtagger
01-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Now if only we could find some guys on defense like this.

pnbronco
01-15-2009, 10:10 PM
I didn't think it was possible for me to like the kid any more than I already do. Hell of a 7th round draft choice.

Go Peyton!

Slick I was just going to write that, it's like you read my mind. He's such a great kid, I hope he has a long a wonderful career here in Denver.

Tned
01-15-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm going to check out hogville.net, which is the main Razorback forum. He not only went to U of A, but also is from Conway. There might be more info on him there.

Spiritguy
01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
As normal there were some comment / questions on the blog after the OP and Gray responded to a few. check out the link if the answers Gray gave don't make sense to you.

dare2bme: (questioned strength and conditioning team)
I’m positive Coach McDaniels will take a look at all aspects of how things are done here, from the assistant coaches to strength and conditioning to the team’s travel arrangements. Any time there’s a change at the top, everything is looked over, and if Coach McDaniels sees anything he feels needs to be changed, rest assured he’ll make those changes.

C2: (asked about afree agents list for the guys on the team)
We will have a comprehensive list of our own free agents as well as some of the key free agents at every position when we get closer to the opening of free agency. Stay tuned.

Pratama: (questioned strength and conditioning in relation to injuries)
Like you said, injuries certainly are a part of football. Every team goes through them every year — just look at the Patriots losing their franchise QB and linebackers galore. The Jaguars’ offensive line was banged up all season. I know it seems like the Broncos have been hit with the injury bug pretty hard lately, but you can’t chalk it up to much more than bad luck. But like I said to dare2bme, Coach McDaniels will make changes where he feels they are warranted. We’ll see as time goes by where those changes might take place, if there are any to be made.

rev79: (how is Carlton Powell doing on his rehab, might make a good DE in the 3/4)
Carlton Powell has been around the facilities a decent amount this offseason, still working with Greek on occasion to rehab his injury, and Ryan Torain (who is also still here rehabbing) said he has hung out with him a few times to watch some playoff games. Powell certainly has potential, especially due to his big role in a solid defensive front at Virginia Tech. Certainly looking forward to seeing him in action come next season.

Thanks for reading, keep the questions coming.
-Gray

I agree!! We need this kid on the field for 19 games next year. But I disagree with Gray on this comment: "But you can’t chalk it up to much more than bad luck" Having so many groin injuries and all the other problems is more than "bad Luck". Whether it's the strengh and conditioning team not getting it done, or a lack of effort on the players parts something isn't right.

broncogirl7
01-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Great attitude, Hillis! Can't wait to watch you in the 2009 season.

Broncos Mtnman
01-16-2009, 12:22 AM
for every home game:salute:

Not really. Broncos Magazine is a quarterly publication.

Lonestar
01-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Not really. Broncos Magazine is a quarterly publication.

I was making a funny.. Sorry it went over your head..

Lonestar
01-16-2009, 12:28 AM
As normal there were some comment / questions on the blog after the OP and Gray responded to a few. check out the link if the answers Gray gave don't make sense to you.

dare2bme: (questioned strength and conditioning team)
I’m positive Coach McDaniels will take a look at all aspects of how things are done here, from the assistant coaches to strength and conditioning to the team’s travel arrangements. Any time there’s a change at the top, everything is looked over, and if Coach McDaniels sees anything he feels needs to be changed, rest assured he’ll make those changes.

C2: (asked about afree agents list for the guys on the team)
We will have a comprehensive list of our own free agents as well as some of the key free agents at every position when we get closer to the opening of free agency. Stay tuned.

Pratama: (questioned strength and conditioning in relation to injuries)
Like you said, injuries certainly are a part of football. Every team goes through them every year — just look at the Patriots losing their franchise QB and linebackers galore. The Jaguars’ offensive line was banged up all season. I know it seems like the Broncos have been hit with the injury bug pretty hard lately, but you can’t chalk it up to much more than bad luck. But like I said to dare2bme, Coach McDaniels will make changes where he feels they are warranted. We’ll see as time goes by where those changes might take place, if there are any to be made.

rev79: (how is Carlton Powell doing on his rehab, might make a good DE in the 3/4)
Carlton Powell has been around the facilities a decent amount this offseason, still working with Greek on occasion to rehab his injury, and Ryan Torain (who is also still here rehabbing) said he has hung out with him a few times to watch some playoff games. Powell certainly has potential, especially due to his big role in a solid defensive front at Virginia Tech. Certainly looking forward to seeing him in action come next season.

Thanks for reading, keep the questions coming.
-Gray

I agree!! We need this kid on the field for 19 games next year. But I disagree with Gray on this comment: "But you can’t chalk it up to much more than bad luck" Having so many groin injuries and all the other problems is more than "bad Luck". Whether it's the strengh and conditioning team not getting it done, or a lack of effort on the players parts something isn't right.

just what is the context of this and who is talking any IDEA?

Spiritguy
01-16-2009, 12:53 AM
just what is the context of this and who is talking any IDEA?

Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com (Broncos Web Team) responding to some questions on the blog about Hillis that is the first post in this thread

topscribe
01-16-2009, 01:09 AM
I was making a funny.. Sorry it went over your head..

Fooled me, too. :noidea:

-----

fcspikeit
01-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Fooled me, too. :noidea:

-----

I think the :salute: was Hillis scoring TD's at every home game?

In other wards, Hillis will be ready for next season...