Buff
11-21-2011, 12:02 PM
@ San Diego
@ Minnesota
Chicago
New England
@ Buffalo
Kansas City

I see a 3-3 finish down the stretch. I don't see us beating New England in a meaningful game, and I think we could struggle to beat a desperate San Diego team this week. It's possible we win 4, but I'm not ready to make that prediction given that all our recent wins could have gone either way.

chazoe60
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm going homer here and I say we go 5-1 only losing to NE.

I know, I know. But, I can really make a case for us beating all those teams. Our defense is kicking serious butt lately and if the offense can improve a little and keep doing a great job of ball security we could end up being the surprise of the year.

lgenf
11-21-2011, 12:08 PM

I know, I know. But, I can really make a case for us beating all those teams. Our defense is kicking serious butt lately and if the offense can improve a little and keep doing a great job of ball security we could end up being the surprise of the year.

I don't think that homer chaze

I thought we would be 4-2 over that stretch when Chicago had cutler, now 5-1 doesn't seem out of reach

Slick
11-21-2011, 12:08 PM
The only game on that list I feel good about is Kansas City at home. 1-5 down the stretch.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 12:11 PM
BRONCOS go 9-7...don't know how but they do.

Shazam!
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Denver CAN beat NE IMO. If our D can slow them down enough Tebow and Co. will run all over their D.

9-7

T.K.O.
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
the Bears might have just improved,they're gonna lean even more on the D and running game...Forte has been a bigger part of their success than Cutler and they pretty much use the pass to set up the run anyway.
that said it's just a damn shame we dont get to see Cutty vs Tebow:mad:
could have been epic:salute:

oh and i went with 4-2

BigDaddyBronco
11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
8-8, it's only fitting.

Mike
11-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I think they find a way to win 4 of those. Pretty amazing given how I only thought the team would win 4 total games this year...maybe.

Dreadnought
11-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I think 4-2 is quite doable. KC, Minn, Buffalo should be wins, and we'll beat one of SD, NE, or Chicago, more likely SD or Chi - but we take one.

The schedule looks a lot less tough than it did a month ago.

wayninja
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
I feel magic. I'm saying 6-0.

vandammage13
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
I say 5-1...I think we will drop either the Chicago game or the NE game.

That still puts us at 10-6 and I think that will be enough to win the division.

lgenf
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
I feel magic. I'm saying 6-0.

What did you take to feel that way?:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
I answered 3-3.

I love how we've won 4 out of the last 5, don't get me wrong.

But each of those wins were pretty carefully balanced on a tight-rope with no net below. There really was no room for more error.

With that in mind, we could play just as well, and only win 1 or 2 more.

This last stretch will be a really good gauge on how well we are improving each week.

Our game-plan has been to keep it a close, low-scoring affair and be in it in the 4th quarter. Assuming that Tebow and the offense continue to take steps forward each week, I'll be okay whatever the final record is.

But I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Any of our wins could have easily gone the other direction. The ball has bounced our way favorably several times, it may go the other direction.

I chose 3-3, but it could be worse.

wayninja
11-21-2011, 01:00 PM
What did you take to feel that way?:elefant:

A steady diet of Unicorn meat.

What can I say? I expect greatness from the guys.

MileHighCrew
11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I haven't picked the Broncos to lose a game yet this year or in fact ever, so 6-0 it is!!! Go Broncos

dogfish
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM

i hope it's free range unicorn. . .

wayninja
11-21-2011, 01:08 PM
i hope it's free range unicorn. . .

Er... not really... I sorta meant Unicorn Veal.... is that ok?

dogfish
11-21-2011, 01:08 PM

no. . . buff's calling PETA as we speak. . .

Slick
11-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Sunday's game is huge. I'm actually worried about the Chargers, mostly because I didn't think we'd be .500 right now. Huge, huge game for us.

If we lose on Sunday I think the wheels could come off.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Sunday's game is huge. I'm actually worried about the Chargers, mostly because I didn't think we'd be .500 right now. Huge, huge game for us.

If we lose on Sunday I think the wheels could come off.

Keep Rivers on the ground/pressured and no pocket to step up in and the BRONCOS win

Slick
11-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Keep Rivers on the ground/pressured and no pocket to step up in and the BRONCOS win

Rivers beats pressure by dumping the ball to his backs. They could kill us with their screen game and with Gates.

Good point though Nomad, when Nolan was here and sent relentless pressure up the middle on Phyliss, he got rattled when he couldn't step up.

I hope we see Von give him the Sanchez kidney treatment.

Slick
11-21-2011, 01:23 PM
You guys are all way more optimistic than I am. Wow.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Rivers beats pressure by dumping the ball to his backs. They could kill us with their screen game and with Gates.

Good point though Nomad, when Nolan was here and sent relentless pressure up the middle on Phyliss, he got rattled when he couldn't step up.

I hope we see Von give him the Sanchez kidney treatment.

Or Von can give him the Chris Simms treatment and make him spleenless:D.......I am shameful:tsk:.:D

slim
11-21-2011, 01:25 PM

This is the game I have been waiting for.

If they can win this one, I will be confident for the rest of the year.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 01:25 PM

lgenf's optimism has been contagious!;)

NightTrainLayne
11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Have the Chargers lost 5 in a row now?

That, and it being a home game for them, does not bode well for us at all. . .unless they have officially packed it in, we will get their best effort on Sunday. Good teams don't lose 3 in a row, decent teams don't lose 4 in a row.. . .only the dregs of the NFL lose 5 in a row, or more, and I don't see the Chargers in that role.

It's a divisional game at home after a long 5 game losing streak. .. the Chargers will probably win.

MileHighCrew
11-21-2011, 01:32 PM

That, and it being a home game for them, does not bode well for us at all. . .unless they have officially packed it in, we will get their best effort on Sunday. Good teams don't lose 3 in a row, decent teams don't lose 4 in a row.. . .only the dregs of the NFL lose 5 in a row, or more, and I don't see the Chargers in that role.

It's a divisional game at home after a long 5 game losing streak. .. the Chargers will probably win.

Add the recent history of the Chargers killing the Broncos when it matters and you have some sound logic there.

Slick
11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
This is the game I have been waiting for.

If they can win this one, I will be confident for the rest of the year.

I was thinking that before the Jets game. Well, if we beat the Jets we just might do something... Now for some reason, I have a bad feeling about Sunday.

We're going to need Mo to step up big time this week. That's a lot of bad mojo to undo.

pipes
11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Better beat the Vikings! I have a bet w/ my fiance' and I DON'T want to have to wear that Vikings crap again!! ( had to after Den lost to MN last year in preseason )

BeefStew25
11-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Better beat the Vikings! I have a bet w/ my fiance' and I DON'T want to have to wear that Vikings crap again!! ( had to after Den lost to MN last year in preseason )

Do you guys roleplay?

Dreadnought
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Add the recent history of the Chargers killing the Broncos when it matters and you have some sound logic there.

Rivers looks increasingly jumpy and gunshy, and he has had negligible pass blocking this year. I don't think we'll see that change for the better against us. VonDoom will be the difference I think.

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Minn is not good, KC is not good and Cassell prob out for the season. Cutler will prob be out. Buffalo is faltering after strong start. San Diego on a huge skid right now and are desperate. NE is also considered faltering right now in what people are calling the AFC Least. Brady sucks against this team no matter what 1-5 record. I think we have a chance in all these games but figure we go 4-2.

MOtorboat
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM
1-5

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
1-5

wrong thread.....go see your "No Win November" or unjinx threads

MOtorboat
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
wrong thread.....go see your "No Win November" or unjinx threads

No need to worry your pretty little head. Everything I've predicted this year, any thread you can think of, the opposite has happened.

Back to your regularly scheduled blind optimism thread...

dogfish
11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Do you guys roleplay?

i can confirm that pipes looks awesome in chain mail. . .

dogfish
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM

may as well be, what do we have to lose?

pipes
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Do you guys roleplay?

Maybe...
You want pictures?

Joel
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
@ San Diego
@ Minnesota
Chicago
New England
@ Buffalo
Kansas City

I see a 3-3 finish down the stretch. I don't see us beating New England in a meaningful game, and I think we could struggle to beat a desperate San Diego team this week. It's possible we win 4, but I'm not ready to make that prediction given that all our recent wins could have gone either way.
It's interesting how the Lions and Bills have come back down to earth since the season began. Since we beat Cincy and Miami, and they beat Buffalo (the latter badly,) I have to think we can take the Bills. The Chiefs historically have as much trouble with us at Mile High as we have with them at Arrowhead, and we've already beaten them there, so that should be a win also. Much as it pains me, most people can beat the Vikings (though the Raiders had to earn it.) The rest of those teams are frankly better than us, which is why they're all fighting for playoff spots (though the Bears are forced to go the wildcard route.) I would be surprised if we beat any of them. Thus 8-8, which is a dramatic improvement over last year.

wayninja
11-21-2011, 03:12 PM
lgenf's optimism has been contagious!;)

So has winning games consistently that no one said we could win.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 03:26 PM
So has winning games consistently that no one said we could win.

That too!

I hope the Buffalo game is one of those old school heavy snow games.

broncosfannum24
11-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I say 6-0 possibly, cause if the new england could win a couple more games and jets and bufffalo keep losing they could clintch the divison and play there back ups, and plus there defense is not good, and people have to remember, we are the only team in league who tom brady has a losing record to, he struggles in denver,

as for the chargers, this is not the same chargers, gates is getting up in age, and all phillip river all he does is throws the ball deep in coverage like always, and he doesnt have darren sproles which has been a broncos killer, and without him rivers doesnt like going short therefor he goes deep about every play which can lead to turnovers, and we didnt play them this year with dumervil earlier so now were gonna have a better pass rush nor did we have bailey playing,

If we can keep the ball from hester then we ll beat the bear luckly since its in denver, punts and kickoffs will have more hang time and go further,

We should beat the cheifs, bills, and vikings hands down

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 03:40 PM
No need to worry your pretty little head. Everything I've predicted this year, any thread you can think of, the opposite has happened.

Back to your regularly scheduled blind optimism thread...

Bronco homer cant help it (not Tebow, BRONCO homer)

Nomad
11-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Bronco homer cant help it (not Tebow, BRONCO homer)

Seems like lots of BRONCO fans up here. Everytime I turn around there's a vehicle with BRONCOS sticker or someone wearing BRONCOS gear.

Too bad we'll probably get the NE/Philly game up here on Sunday.

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Seems like lots of BRONCO fans up here. Everytime I turn around there's a vehicle with BRONCOS sticker or someone wearing BRONCOS gear.

Too bad we'll probably get the NE/Philly game up here on Sunday.

No kidding, did you see the poll done and Broncos were like 5th or something but 75%+ Alaskans are GB or Seattle fans.

DenBronx
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM

I see 3 very winnable games. Chicago, Minny and KC. But we would have beat SD last time if TT would have played the whole game and they are really struggling right now, it's not the same team of the past. Buffalo is starting to look like 2009 Buffalo and they are getting banged up with injuries.

That would be 5 games.

But this is the NFL and on any given Sunday any team can win. So my realistic view is 3 wins. That would put us at 8-8 and don't think that would be enough to win the division nor a wild card. We will need to be at least 9-7 for any playoff chances.

GEM
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't make up my mind on 3-3 or 4-2. I am on the fence about SD in SD.

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Well it is almost official that Culter is out for that game, had surgery today on broken thumb. Adrian Peterson is out with high ankle sprain, dont know how long though. Cassel prob be out also against KC.

Dzone
11-21-2011, 04:45 PM
6-0!!!! Hell yes! Why not?
Do you believe in Miracles? YES!!!!!

GEM
11-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Well it is almost official that Culter is out for that game, had surgery today on broken thumb. Adrian Peterson is out with high ankle sprain, dont know how long though. Cassel prob be out also against KC.

Cutler isn't what scares me about the Bears. That defense scares me. We can't put points on the board against Miami, Bears are considerably better. No way we keep up with New England scoring.

I am iffy on San Diego in San Diego. They are on a 4 game losing streak. Hello desperation.

Other than that, I see the other 3 as wins.

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Cutler isn't what scares me about the Bears. That defense scares me. We can't put points on the board against Miami, Bears are considerably better. No way we keep up with New England scoring.

I am iffy on San Diego in San Diego. They are on a 4 game losing streak. Hello desperation.

Other than that, I see the other 3 as wins.

Actually not when it comes to defense. Miami is ranked 17, we are 18 and Chicago is 26. Chicago happens to be #10 in the rush and Miami was #7.

Miami just has no offense at all. Chicago also has a great STs to go with a real offense.

rcsodak
11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Dont you know....preseason games dont count!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

HORSEPOWER 56
11-21-2011, 09:16 PM
I said 4-2. Unfortunately, I think we lose to SD this week just because I can't see them losing 6 straight. I think we beat KC, Chicago, Minny, and Buffalo. Lose to SD and NE and end up 9-7. Jokeland finishes one game above us at 10-6 and wins the division... :tsk:

lgenf
11-21-2011, 09:43 PM
What I like about ths poll and the results is this

There aren't many saying only 0,1,2 wins, almost everyone is optimistic

That is great, glad this team is gaining the fans back, with their hardwork on the field

ShooterJM
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
4-2

FlyByU
11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Going with 4 out of the 6 because 4 are truly winnable and 2 we should lose but you never know.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 10:05 PM
No kidding, did you see the poll done and Broncos were like 5th or something but 75%+ Alaskans are GB or Seattle fans.

I heard a co-worker talk about the poll that was on the ADN website. I just looked up on CBS Anchorage and we get the BRONCOS/Chargers game here at noon....surprisingly.

BeefStew25
11-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Maybe...
You want pictures?

PM me.

sneakers
11-22-2011, 01:45 AM
The sparklers are playing like turds, we should win one of the two games against the Bears and Patsies, and one of the two away games against bills or Viqueens,....so 4 wins?

BCJ
11-22-2011, 02:44 AM
The only game on that list I feel good about is Kansas City at home. 1-5 down the stretch.

stay in Mexico with that attitude. One game? oh brother.

Cugel
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM

Didn't Dumbledore tell you that the moment that Unicorn blood touches your lips you lead a damned existence? :laugh:

wayninja
11-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Didn't Dumbledore tell you that the moment that Unicorn blood touches your lips you lead a damned existence? :laugh:

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/geek-dork-10.jpg?w=500&h=350

dogfish
11-23-2011, 03:00 AM
stay in Mexico with that attitude. One game? oh brother.

oh no you di'int!

CrazyHorse
11-23-2011, 12:23 PM
4-2 and we make the playoffs at 9-7 beating out Oakland with the tiebreaker.

Northman
11-23-2011, 12:33 PM
I think we can win 4 out of the next 6 and finish 9-7. But that also means we would have to keep playing mistake free football.

TXBRONC
11-23-2011, 12:38 PM

Your complete lack of homerism hurts my heart muscle Slick. :tsk: :D

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Elevation inc
11-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I think we Beat Sd, Min, Chi, NE, Buf and KC.......

not one of these teams is top 15 in defense......and the toughest game is probally NE which also happens to have horrible OL play(von/doom will smash brady) and the worst defense overall out of our remaining games......in fact I might say chicago and hanie is the toughest game we have left......so worst case 5-1 down the stretch.....lol i can feel the hateful comments coming my way now.....

Npba900
11-23-2011, 09:45 PM

How about "Rocky-Mountain" Yogi Meat!!!!:D