PDA

View Full Version : Tuna golf association announces the nike turkey bowl tentative rosters for 2011

Tned
11-21-2011, 08:59 AM
This is an annual fundraising event that sounds like a lot of fun. If you have a few hours to kill Thanksgiving morning, you might want to check it out. Here are the details.

The Morgan Adams Foundation raises money and awareness on behalf of children affected with cancer. Working with leading physicians, we directly fund pediatric cancer research and therapies which will improve survival rates and reduce the devastating side-effects cancer treatments have on our children

2011 Turkey Bowl SECOND BIG ANOUNCEMENT

TUNA GOLF ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES THE NIKE TURKEY BOWL TENTATIVE ROSTERS FOR 2011

Commerce City, Co (AP) November 15, 2011

By Dickie Dunn – if Dickie Dunn wrote this then it has to be true!!!

What up man. You mind posting a forum topic on this? The who, what, when type stuff. Would really appreciate it!

The Hype has begun for the 2011 edition of the Turkey Bowl. That’s right, the game to end all games, the War of the Roses, the North versus the South, The Bedlam Game, the Us versus them, the Italians versus the rest of the world. You name it the game has it. The epic grudge match that is more commonly known as the 2011 Edition of the Turkey Bowl. And so it shall be. The game is scheduled for 10 am thanksgiving morning at Infinity park. Glendale. Auxiliary field and the rosters look impressive and stacked.

The Pre game hype was stoked at the annual kickoff luncheon held at the fabulous and spacious Park Hill Golf Driving Range in front of a throng of other golfers trying to hit golf balls. As usual the game’s North squad will be led by Sports Caster of the year, Channel 4’s own Vic Lombardi and his squad of celebrities and hoodlums versus the South Squad let by venerable Super Sports Agent Peter Schaffer and his team of ringers, NFLer’s and friends from all over the Denver and the globe. The game is as exciting for its great plays as for its malapropos.

The Turkey Bowl Junior game will also be played at the same time and will include a multitude of talented yutes, sons and daughters of the combatants and the players and anyone else who wants to play. Please bring and invite all kids as they are all welcome to enjoy the festivities and wear their favorite jerseys.

As South Head Coach Lynn Watwood "you do if I sang out of tune” said at the press conference announcing the game held appropriately on the Friday prior to Halloween evening "I can’t wait for this game this year. We have three goals for the game this year – to beat the day lights out of the South squad, the help raise money for a great cause, Morgan Adams Foundation and the third goal is, well it is, I am trying to remember the third goal, ah yes the Environmental protection agency."

Of course the North Teams Head Coach, Quarterback, multi time Emmy award winning Sportscaster Vic Lombardi was not to be out done. When asked about allegations of improper behavior on his part in the selection and recruiting of his team this year after last year’s debacle, Lombardi stated “We play to win the game, and I always feel that football team with players named Butkus, Lombardi, Unitas and Namath has a better chance of winning then a team with names like Schaffer, Randall, and Brown – sounds more like a law firm then an imposing team. We play to win the game!!”

It appears that both squads will be represented by some of Denver’s greatest known athletes of all time, celebrities, Tunas, hacks, wannna bees, haz beens, never waz, who be they and personalities ever collected or assembled on a field at one time. The game is scheduled for Thanksgiving morning at 10 am. The plan is also to raise money once again for the Children’s Tumor Foundation as we did in 2010. The sponsorship form is attached to the e mail as well. Coverage will be blasted all across Denver in the coming month so be ready for it.

Tuna legend, Tuna rules director, CU football great and former Green Bay Packer star and Director of College Scouting for the Oakland Raiders Dave McCloughan has stated "to be honest with you there will be more talent in this game than in a UFL game or college game so I might as well show up and scout these boys. We are always looking for "Mike" backers and I just might find one at the Turkey Bowl." McCloughan then looked at his notes and remarked "what number is Matt Russell wearing any way?"

Turkey Bowl director of Marketing, Paul Stern is also pleased to announce the generous sponsorship of the game this year by Athletic Giant Nike and the thus the change of the Name of the game from the Tuna Turkey Bowl to the Nike Tuna Turkey Bowl sponsored by Nike and being played this year at the Nike Tuna Dome and also that due to the generous sponsorship by Nike of the Turkey Tuna Bowl that the day of the game has also been changed from Thanksgiving Day to the Nike Thanksgiving day sponsored by Nike. Stern was also quick to note that good seats are still available for the game that will start around 10 am. Tuna director of Mascots Derek West also has indicated that do to the unavailability of Ralphie to run around the field he has stated “If we can't get Ralphie...I will bring my dog to run behind me during the Player introduction!”

The North teams roster is still largely a mystery other than the fact that they will have a gaggle of Lombardi’s and adopted Lombardi’s playing such as former Broncos Reggie Rivers and former CU QB Star Joel Klatt. The North will be adorned in their historic white throwback jerseys while the South will shine in dark throwback jerseys of their own choosing.

The South Side Roster along with scouting reports from Dave McCloughan Director of Personal for the Raiders and NFL player most resembles.

Here is the latest South Team Roster for the game:

1. Peter “Sports Center” Schaffer – the venerable captain of the south team. His quarterback skills parallel some of the greatest non-quarterbacks to play in the NFL such as Joe Kapp and Babe Parelli; his strengths come from a vast collection of game worn NFL throwback jerseys and his ability to supply his team with receiver gloves. NFL Player most resembles – Billy Kilmer/ Fred Bilitnikoff.

2. Bill “the farmer in the“ Edell – this professional lacrosse star, assistant coach of the Outlaws and TGA regular made his Turkey Bowl debut in 2008 and is still feeling the aches and pains form his series of misfortunes. He looks to redeem himself this year. NFL Player most resembles – Jeremy Shockey

3. Mark “Action” Jackson – the most famous of the Three Amigos and the recipient of the catch from the drive in Cleveland and the Turkey bowl leader in all purpose yards makes his come aback with a vengeance. He plays to win the game. NFL player most resembles – Mark Jackson

4. Derek “The Wild Wild” West – this Tuna original and former CU football star and high draft choice of the Indianapolis Colts (or are that the Colts when they made him a draft choice?) will bring stature, presence size, and beers to the Tuna line. NFL player most resembles – Derek West – Indianapolis Colts.

5. Chad “the Reptile” Brown – This multiple time NFL Pro Bowl linebacker and CU legend made his Tuna Turkey Bowl debut in 2008 and scored the games rookie of the year award he won the MVP in 2010 and wants to go into to the Tuna hall of fame in 2011. Sure he could wupp Tony Bosellis ass and Willie Roaf’s butt in the NFL but he had problems running around the large end of Reggie Rivers in 2008 and this year he vows to handle the vaunted Lombardi multiple option offense? NFL Player most resembles – Chad Brown

6. “Toe” Blake Anderson - The man who made the miracle of Michigan possible looks to make 20011 his redemption year after pulling up with a ham string injuries for the past three years. His major contribution to the game are his fabulous wearing of his old man’s CU throw back jersey for the 1960’s. The commissioners have ruled due to his lack of play time in 2008 – 2010 that 2010 still counts as his rookie season. NFL player most resembles – Teddy Ginn

7. Matt Russell “Crowe”– that’s right the gladiator himself in the flesh, Matt Russell of CU Fame, of Detroit Lions Fame, the winner of the prestigious Butkus Award as the best linebacker in all of the land while at CU and the current director of college scouting for your Denver Broncos will be making his third straight tuna turkey bowl appearance and will be “bringing Hell with him!” for the South Squad. NFL Star Most resembles – Greg Biekert.

8. Brett “Hull” Cullaton – this tuna hockey star who has played for the Canadian national hockey team and played over a decade of professional hockey makes his second tuna bowl. NFL Star Most resembles – Conrad Dobler

9. Mark “Tony” Randall – that’s right, the infamous Mark Randall from NBA/Kansas lore and Nuggets basketball. This former Cherry Creek High School and Chicago Bull first round pick/star has indicated that he will bring his decrypted body out for the second year in a row. The tallest of all Tunas he will be a force to reckon with or at least to watch. NFL Star Most resembles – Brad Miller

10. Denise “The Destroyer” Plante- the Emmy Award winning radio on-air personality from KOSI 101 and 9 News’ Colorado and Company has decided to grace us with her presence on the field. Her dedication and off the field candor for the Turkey Bowl has not gone unnoticed, and we will see if it translates to the field. NFL Star Most resembles- Lynn Swann

11. Scott Petersen- the PGA Tour Professional and CU Legend will be making a Turkey Bowl appearance as well. The 6 foot 3 inch pride of Williston, North Dakota will be hoping to stretch the field and test the North deep! NFL Star Most resembles- Randy Moss

12. Steve “Lyle” Govett – The General manager of the Colorado Mammoth, former Professional Lacrosse Star and Canadian Native is a Turkey bowl regular. He can goon it up with the best of them and will do so on Thanksgiving day. NFL Player most resembles – Garo Yepremium

13. Mike “Laser” Lansing – A major league baseball all star, a former red Sox , Rockies and Expos and a former option quarterback from his high school days makes his Tuna debut. NFL Star Most resembles – Turner Gill

14. Alfred Williams – The most recent edition to the College Football Hall of Fame, a Butkus award winner at CU and a multiple Pro Bowl selection of the Denver Broncos completes the South’s most impressive linebacking core. He will bring his spirit, his laughter and his sack ability to the game. NFL Star Most resembles – Alfred Williams

15. Lauren Landau “green” – The speed trainer to the stars and a tune golf veteran takes the field for his second time. He is legendary for teaching speed but can he run himself we shall see. NFL Player most resembles – Jack they call me the assassin Tatum.

16. Roger Wilson “and out” Hailing from Mississippi (Southern Miss - Golden Eagle).Qb the victorious 2006 edition of the South Squad in the Turkey Bowl. SR – a heady cagy veteran with great pocket presence, play calling and a deceptive arm. NFL Player most resembles – George Blanda

17. Vince “Robert” Goulet – Hockey legend making tuna debut

18. Ken DeBauche “Bag” – the former star punter of the Wisconsin Badgers and Green bay Packers makes his Turkey Bowl Debut

19. More to come

Other Possible South entries include the likes of;

Brian Xanders, GM of the Broncos
Lenny McGill former Falcon and director of college scouting - Broncos;
Rickey Lewis from Lewis and Floorwax;
Radio star Steve Kelly;
Mike Klis of the Denver Post;
Bob Hope
Frank Sinatra
Baraka Obama
Sarah Palin
John Elway
Joe Sackic
Toe Blake
Joe Namath
Reggie Dunlap
Bobby jones
Raquel Welch
Mick Jagger
Etc.

The rosters are being assembled so if you want to be considered send your fully clothed tape/DVD to Vic Lombardi director of player development at KCNC or via e mail or just e mail either way. We are always looking for Tunas who play well not taste well or even less important have good taste. We also need donations, sponsors, players, volunteers you name it. It is not only fun it is for a good cause. Please give with your time, your aching muscles, your wallet and your heart. Please also send this letter and sponsor form out to as many friends as possible, TWITTER it and even Face book as well. Let’s make 2011 the best Turkey Bowl ever and for a great cause!!!!

Beer will be provided of course by Beer official Tuna Concessionaire Paul Stern but please fell free to supplement the Tuna Yellow bag.

Thanks again to all of our sponsors this year; we couldn’t have made this as much of a success as it was without all of you.

Thank you to the Children’s Tumor Foundation for what you do for these kids and families in their time of need.

There is always room for more Tunas if you are still interested.

If you have any questions about this e mail or wish to discuss it, please do not hesitate to e mail me back or call me at any time. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Yours Very Truly

Peter Schaffer, Esq.
President/Founder

MOtorboat
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
A couple of weeks ago I wondered out loud what Dave McCloughan was doing. I had no idea he worked for the Raiders...

Tned
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
P.S. This is free admission, but they will have a place to make donations if you wish.

sneakers
11-22-2011, 04:57 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about.

Tned
11-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about.

So ex-players and other local celebrities are playing a game of two hand touch football to try and raise money for a charity.

pnbronco
11-22-2011, 07:07 PM
So ex-players and other local celebrities are playing a game of two hand touch football to try and raise money for a charity.

So I'm too dang tired to read and understand. Can you please tell me where and when??????? Thanks.....got home yesterday after 6000 miles in 4 weeks....;)

Tned
11-22-2011, 07:12 PM
So I'm too dang tired to read and understand. Can you please tell me where and when??????? Thanks.....got home yesterday after 6000 miles in 4 weeks....;)

That's a LOT of miles. :eek:

It's Thanksgiving morning at 10:00am at Infinity park. Glendale. Auxiliary field.

Free admission, but I think they will be asking for donations from people that attend.

pnbronco
11-22-2011, 07:15 PM
That's a LOT of miles. :eek:

It's Thanksgiving morning at 10:00am at Infinity park. Glendale. Auxiliary field.

Free admission, but I think they will be asking for donations from people that attend.

Big hugs....I'm there. It's my Birthday week I can get away with a lot more this week.... Plus I will take my wallet.

Tned
11-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Big hugs....I'm there. It's my Birthday week I can get away with a lot more this week.... Plus I will take my wallet.

Happy Birthday!