PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Casserly

Dapper Dan
11-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I think it was the Fox pregame. Charlie came on and showed a replay of Eric Decker holding in the end zone on that winning TD. I've never seen guys do this. There was that Niners/Giants playoff game. But I've never really seen analysts show a replay of a regular season game and say they missed a penalty like that. They've showed replays of hard hits, arguing of there should be a penalty. But to go back to show a hold? I think it's a little ridiculous. Not to mention, the same hold usually happens in every game and doesn't get called. They always say as long as its inside the shoulder pads it won't get called.

Nomad
11-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Talking heads and analysts are finding ways to disprove the BRONCOS because they had the BRONCOS for dead when Tebow took over. I guarantee you can find a hold or some penalty on just about every play in football.

OrangeHoof
11-20-2011, 12:39 PM
It's Chatty Casserly. Just ignore him.

Dapper Dan
11-20-2011, 12:47 PM
It's not even him that I'm disappointed in. It's the fact that tey would out something like that on national tv. If Corso had to apoligize for saying "**** it" then Fox needs to apoligize for putting crap on tv.

honz
11-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Did Charlie go back and show all the times Doom has been bear hugged around his neck the past few seasons with no yellow hankies to be seen lying on the field? No? Okay, moving on then.

broncosfannum24
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Charlie is on the CBS network, but yea Charlie is just mad cause no team will hire him as there GM so he's stuck doing 2 min segments like he knows everything hahaha Its sad, also i Don't think refs called it cause
1. Cromartie didn't even make an effort to tackle tebow
2.he didn't even complain about any holding call like most divas do
3. Refs knew even if he wasn't held he would have got trucked for td

spikerman
11-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I think it was the Fox pregame. Charlie came on and showed a replay of Eric Decker holding in the end zone on that winning TD. I've never seen guys do this. There was that Niners/Giants playoff game. But I've never really seen analysts show a replay of a regular season game and say they missed a penalty like that. They've showed replays of hard hits, arguing of there should be a penalty. But to go back to show a hold? I think it's a little ridiculous. Not to mention, the same hold usually happens in every game and doesn't get called. They always say as long as its inside the shoulder pads it won't get called.

I didn't see the segment, but if Decker was the one on Cromartie (I can't remember) then I can think of a reason it wasn't called. As I remember looking at the play, Cromartie wasn't making much of an effort to get away from the Broncos player. In officiating circles we call that "dancing". If there is no real attempt to get away from the "hold" then we're not going to call a penalty for dancing.

One last thing. It's a common misconception that as long as the "hold" takes place inside the shoulder pads that it's ok. A player can be held just as much inside the shoulder pads as outside. What officials are looking for is two verbs in order to call holding. It needs to be a "grasp and restrict" or "grab and turn", or something along those lines. Grasping a jersey is not holding without that second verb. That's why you may see the jersey tug and it's not called.

Dapper Dan
11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Charlie is on the CBS network, but yea Charlie is just mad cause no team will hire him as there GM so he's stuck doing 2 min segments like he knows everything hahaha Its sad, also i Don't think refs called it cause

Thanks. I was flipping back and forth between CBS and Fox. Thanks for clearing it up.

Agent of Orange
11-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Cromartie didnt get to Tebow because he wanted no part of Tebow. I actually think Cromartie grabbed Deckers arms to make it look like he couldnt get there because he was being blocked. But there was a space of time where Cromartie could have come up to tackle Tebow unhindered by being blocked and he did nothing. Like Revis, he was a pu$$y.

nevcraw
11-20-2011, 01:40 PM
he should have shown the 3 way PI going on during sanchizes hail mary. but they never call that either..

charlie casserly is the most overrated gm in the history of the game.

broncobryce
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM

And,

4. God would have struck lightening down on said referee.

sneakers
11-21-2011, 01:47 AM
I wonder if they can go back and review it now?