PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Sg or Fender Strat?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Have one child that is a guitar phenom.

He discovered an old Fender electric I had stored in the shed a few years back, asked to learn it, and the kid is amazing. Reads music etc. But that's another thread.

We're building him a guitar collection, and for Christmas want to surprise him with either the SG or the Strat.

Great kid, real appreciative, straight A's. no trouble.
We got him the American Telecaster & the amazing Blackstar amp(s) a while back, just blew him away, and want him to have more sounds to draw from in the bull pen.

The guitar store mentioned Fender has moved all it's production back to the US except one unique Japanese model BTW and it's made a HUGE difference.
Damfino, I'm a low ranking amateur.

Any tips tales or takes? Thanks.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/013-1.jpg?t=1314374694

dogfish
11-23-2011, 02:51 PM
quit screwing around, and get the kid a les paul. . .

:cool:

MasterShake
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Between the two I'd go with a Strat. I don't know the first thing about guitars, but my friend has been playing for about 20 years. His two favorites are from the American Standard and Pawn Shop series. Not sure the model on the American Standard, but the Pawn Shop Series one is a Fender '72 I believe? Sounds incredible everytime I hear him play it and the vintage look with the telecaster neck is great.

BroncoNut
11-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Gibson

aberdien
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Get him a Fender Mustang and then you can give it to me when he's done with it.

What kind of music does he play or is he interested in playing? I'd say the Strat is more versatile. And i've always thought SG's look like shit. I'd rather have a Strat, but since he already has a Tele you could see if he wants something a bit different. If so, go with the SG.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Were you really posting a picture of the amps, or were you trying to show off your Corvette?

dogfish
11-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Were you really posting a picture of the amps, or were you trying to show off your Corvette?

good lord! the first hint that anyone else might have a couple dollars left in their pocket, and you come sniffing around!

:tsk:

just looking for an opening to sell him some overpriced policy, huh?

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2011, 04:52 PM
good lord! the first hint that anyone else might have a couple dollars left in their pocket, and you come sniffing around!

:tsk:

just looking for an opening to sell him some overpriced policy, huh?

You'd be surprised at the exposures that some people leave themselves with. It's only my job to make sure and protect their financial interests!

T.K.O.
11-23-2011, 04:55 PM
definately depends on the style of music he likes to play.
i would think having a Tele the strat would have similar tones....go with the Gibson ( les paul would be better ) and get him a sweet wha wha pedal:beer:
i have an american strat from the 70's and a gold top les paul ( a stupid epiphone / gibson because like a total retard i sold my '64 gold top when i was hard up for cash 20 years ago:mad:)
the gibson definately has more crunch and is better suited if wants to ROCK !