PDA

View Full Version : Kiper Trashing Tebow

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not an 'insider' so I cant read the whole story, but here is the portion -

• If you think the Broncos are attempting to sabotage Tebow by making him appear limited and not allowing him to truly show off his skills, you're wrong.

• If you think the Broncos are getting a good sense of whether Tebow can be their quarterback of the future by seeing this winning start, you're also wrong.

The Broncos are doing neither, and it'll leave them knowing nothing about their quarterback. Here's why.

To read Mel Kiper's full argument on why the Broncos are mishandling Tim Tebow, sign up for ESPN Insider.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7250960/denver-broncos-making-mistake-tim-tebow-nfl

chazoe60
11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
We must be doing something wrong according to these media idiots because we're 4-1 since he came in.

How do these ******* idiots take themselves seriously saying that a team whose turned the season around is doing it wrong.

I hope that dipshit goes bald.

Nomad
11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Tebow needs to keep proving them wrong and improving.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyone who has been watching ESPN sink into the abyss it has over the last 10 years or so is well aware that their coverage/analysts are more about pushing an agenda than anything else.

Tned
11-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not an 'insider' so I cant read the whole story, but here is the portion -

Good thing you aren't an insider, sicne what you posted as it is violates the BroncosForums Guidelines concerning posting of copyrighted articles
(http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207433)

Tned
11-19-2011, 04:45 PM
In a nutshell, he says that Tebow can't pass, and he said so before the 2010 draft. He says that even playing to Tebow's strengths, the offense is horrible. That if you take away the anomaly that was the Raiders game, that the Broncos total offense over the last five games would be among the worst in the league most years. He says that Elway & Fox are willing to try ("test drive") this offense this season, but have no "intent to buy" it after the season and move forward with Tebow.

camdisco24
11-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Kiper is an idiot.

Thnikkaman
11-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Kiper is a shill, and a fraud.

I don't know if what he says is right nor not, but I still think he is a Fraud after that story came out about him being bought to talk up particular prospects in that article about agents giving college students money.

dogfish
11-19-2011, 05:06 PM
mel kiper and merril hoge. . . . maybe next somebody can post oprah's thoughts on the matter. . .

:rolleyes:

chazoe60
11-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Oprah thinks Tebow looks delicious, but he would look even better deep fried in lard.

sneakers
11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Kiper is a retard.

He certainly knows a lot for someone who hasn't ever been a football player or coach (at any level), or a scout (not even an administrator). So you better take heed when Mel Kiper Jr. lampoons your team's recent draft pick.

pipes
11-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I had no idea that Mel was "the expert" on how to handle/mold young QBs?!
Now that we all know, the prudent thing to do would be ignore the record not to mention the passion that everyone on the team is playing with, and bench Tebow!

It's not too late to turn this season back around, like the way it started!

Thanks for the input Mel, but I'm pretty sure that Fox and co will continue trying to actually win games...ignore you and the rest of the ESPN bunch, and play Tebow.

Keep playing the way they're playing, get thru the season, wave goodbye to Orton, then let Tebow run his FIRST offseason program as the unquestioned leader.

Kiper, you keep being Mayock's beyotch!! He forgot more about football in the last twenty seconds then you'll apparently ever know.
-I'm not just saying that last comment due to their opinions on Tebow, but rather a culmination of horrible draft coverage from Mel and absolutely great insight from Mike.

And that's about all I got to say bout that...

Northman
11-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Kiper is a retard.

He certainly knows a lot for someone who hasn't ever been a football player or coach (at any level), or a scout (not even an administrator). So you better take heed when Mel Kiper Jr. lampoons your team's recent draft pick.

Whatever do you mean sneak? Just listen to Mel gush over JaMarshmellow and say he will be great 3-5 years down the road and be ELITE. :lol:

ZubYpplmzVk

dogfish
11-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Mel Kiper on USC wide receiver Mike Williams;

"I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction."

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd like to see Kiper's write up on Sanchez leading up to the draft.

You could say that we won the game Thursday night because we have Tebow and that the Jets lost because they have Sanchez.

nflfan
11-19-2011, 11:06 PM
The Broncos showed they can move the ball with this offense on the 1st and last drives. Tebow's shown he's a very clutch player.

What was troubling was that for the rest of the game, they were absolutely terrible. I'm not talking about the few points, but just how ineffective they were at keeping drives alive. They've gotten away with wasting very good field position.

The Jets was a very good win. The Broncos offense will face some good rushing defenses in the Vikings, Patriots, and Bears. They'll also contend with teams that can score points, in the Patriots, Bears, and Bills.

I think how they play those games will be an indication as to the long term feasibility of this type of offense. With what I've seen so far, they currently have enough to beat up AFC West opponents, so that's potentially 6 wins a season with those games alone.

No matter what, though, I know I've seriously underestimated John Fox. His defense looked great against the Jets, and he's shown the flexibility to adapt to his personnel on offense.

Dreadnought
11-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Kiper is a shill, and a fraud.

I don't know if what he says is right nor not, but I still think he is a Fraud after that story came out about him being bought to talk up particular prospects in that article about agents giving college students money.

Tebow's personal ethics probably precluded him from paying off that big haired phony, and now he wreaks his vengeance upon him

jhildebrand
11-20-2011, 12:11 AM
The only thing Kiper should be trashing is that hair piece :coffee:

Softskull
11-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Tebow's personal ethics probably precluded him from paying off that big haired phony, and now he wreaks his vengeance upon him

Easy tiger. Mel has one of the finest dews in all of sports, challenged only by the great Jimmy Johnson. Now if he just had a mustache thick enough that we'd never have to hear him again.

sneakers
11-20-2011, 12:26 AM
He looks like count chocula

http://madlofa.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/countchocula.jpg

Ziggy
11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
It's time for Kiper to come out of the woodwork to start selling some draft magazines. What better way to get people's attention than to trash Tebow? It worked for Hodge, and it'll work for Mel. It's all about getting attention, and Tebow is always going to be the #1 target for anyone who wants to catch the public's eye.

honz
11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
I banged Mel Kiper's mother multiple times.

Nomad
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I banged Mel Kiper's mother multiple times.

Utes pulled one out last night against the Cougs!

hamrob
11-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Unlike Mayock.....Kiper has zero flexibility. You won't ever see this turd admit that he's wrong or that just maybe someone might be better than he forecasted. He's a tool!

What's amazing to me, is how these analysts who love to hate Tebow....are missing what Tebow has done for this team:

1. He has improved the running game, because teams are caught off guard and a running QB loosens up a defense
2. He has improved our defense, because by running the ball 60-70% of the time, he allows the defense to stay fresh...and we see the results
3. He inspires his teammates because he believes that they will win every week no matter what (alot different than Orton)
4. He is a playmaker! He makes plays when a play needs to be made (inate ability)

Yes, he needs to continue to get better in the passing game....but, this team is winning because of the above 4 things. That Kiper or any of the other fools don't understand that, shows just how incompetent they really are.

I think this guy actually knows a little bit more than Kiper:

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19375988

jhildebrand
11-20-2011, 12:57 PM
^^^^ Sounds like what I said weeks ago Tebow would do. :lol:

I said in this league a team/DC needs to fear your arm or your legs (preferably both) but you gotta have at least one. I said the running game would improve instantly because Tebow will show he can beat the blitz occasionally enough for teams not to stack 8 and 9 heavy. I think I was questioned on the fear the legs by the likes of AO and Rav. :lol:

honz
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Utes pulled one out last night against the Cougs!
Big win that keeps them alive for the Pac 12 South title since USC is ineligible. I had to work all day yesterday though, so I didn't get to see it.

Agent of Orange
11-20-2011, 01:47 PM
^^^^ Sounds like what I said weeks ago Tebow would do. :lol:

I said in this league a team/DC needs to fear your arm or your legs (preferably both) but you gotta have at least one. I said the running game would improve instantly because Tebow will show he can beat the blitz occasionally enough for teams not to stack 8 and 9 heavy. I think I was questioned on the fear the legs by the likes of AO and Rav. :lol:

I hope this isn't referring to me. If so, I think you have the wrong guy.

Shazam!
11-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Kiper continues doing what he does best, trashing of Tebow and the Broncos. In his new column, that people have to PAY MONEY to read, 'The Worst QB Situations In The NFL'. Denver is #2 behind Washington. WASHINGTON. Coulda fooled me when our QB does nothing but WINS.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7278985&_slug_=washington-redskins-nfl-five-worst-quarterback-situations&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fstory%3fid%3d7278985%26_slug_%3dwashington-redskins-nfl-five-worst-quarterback-situations

I've really begun to hate Kiper, it's almost like he's so heavily invested in trashing Tebow since he was Drafted.

vandammage13
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Shouldnt pay much attention to Kiper since it has come out that his endorsements are for sale...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...anything short of a SB victory will not silence the critics, and even then....

Dapper Dan
11-28-2011, 04:18 PM
The thing I don't understand about the job of "expert analyst" is that it's like no other job it seems. When you're wrong over and over and over and over again, then one would think they are doing bad at their job. Yet, they keep their job. If I'm working the front counter at Dairy Queen and I keep getting orders wrong, I'm going to get fired. If I'm a soldier and I shoot the wrong people, I'll lose my job. If I'm a weatherman and I keep saying it will snow, yet it stays 70 degrees and sunny. Etc...

How can you keep the job of an "expert" yet keep getting things wrong. It seems like no one cars. I don't know. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

karnage
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
It's funny how analysts will point to the Raiders game as an anomaly for the offense, and then use the Lions game as solid proof Tebow can't play....instead of applying the same logic...he's just upset that badger he has glued to his scalp pissed all over him this morning...

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Last year, Kiper was a hack.

Last month Kiper was a hack

Last week he was still a hack

Today he remains a hack

If he does this for another decade he will remain a hack.

catfish
11-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I wonder how much it would cost to make me a first round draft pick

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 04:43 PM
I wonder how much it would cost to make me a first round draft pick

Well, I actually heard Kiper comparing JaWalrus' athletic skill set to John Elway in that draft clip. If he would say that he would say anything for the right price. It might not cost too much to endow you with perfect mechanics, smarts, on field presence, and an astonishing vertical.

wayninja
11-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Well, I actually heard Kiper comparing JaWalrus' athletic skill set to John Elway in that draft clip. If he would say that he would say anything for the right price. It might not cost too much to endow you with perfect mechanics, smarts, on field presence, and an astonishing vertical.

My strength is an astonishing horizontal. I wonder if I can get him to mention it.

nevcraw
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
My strength is an astonishing horizontal. I wonder if I can get him to mention it.

Vitamin D?

broncosfannum24
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I dont see how we have a bad offense, we run the clock out, and control the game, we ve shown that we can score when we need to, but were a run first team, and play hard defense, thats how john fox is, so for tebow to be completing passes when he needs to is perfect, this is the same formula that got him to a super bowl and to another nfc championship game, and by the way our offense is still averaging over 300 yards a game, but heres a nice stat, with orton we were 30th in the league in time possesion, with tebow were now 5th, its kinda weird but tebow might be the perfect guy for fox, and screw kiper, this is the same guy that elected jamarcus russell to be the first pick, what a fag

HammeredOut
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Not to throw any gas on the fire anymore then it already is, here's some legitimate concerns. If Tebow is not the QB of the future, then I imagine these are some of the reasons why Elway said "Tebow is not the Future".

"In a league that is pass offense driven, how could any young QB learn anything from a QB like Tim Tebow. For Instance, if we had an Andrew Luck type of passer sitting on the bench, how is that going to benefit our young prospects from learning an offense behind a Tim Tebow. Tebow can't pass, throw through tight windows, and slice up a defense. Heck he doesn't even have the ability to dink and dunk".

Young players need to learn how to become better, by watching other players around them. How can anybody learn how to become a better passer, if our QB just runs the ball 20 times a game.

I believe Broncos management are getting just what they ordered. A FB with the ability to hit the bubble screen, or hit the edges to soften up the middle. Thats what happened in Florida, and we get a good dose of it in the NFL.

BCJ
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM

Vitamin D?

No, his beautiful blow up doll seems pleased.