PDA

View Full Version : Tebow making Merrill Hoge look like Harold Camping

DenBronx
11-19-2011, 01:21 PM
http://broncoplanet.com/2011/11/tebow-making-merrill-hoge-look-like-harold-camping/
(permmision was given by Shadd Ring to post full article)

Posted on November 19, 2011 by Shadd Ring

Merrill Hoge must be going to bed every night feeling like the dejected preacher Harold Camping who wrongfully predicted the end of the world several times. I am waiting for the alleged expert Hoge to say exactly what Camping said after all his flawed research and repeated failures, “I’m not embarrassed about it, It was just the fact that it was premature.” Premature indeed. Broncos go to Oakland and walk away with a great victory, next to Kansas City where the Broncos run all over the Chiefs, and now Tebow and the Broncos sticking it to the Hard Knock Jets!

And it doesn’t just stop at Merrill Hoge. There has been a line up of NFL experts, former players, and opponents that continue to beat down Tebow. Yet weak after week, game after game, fourth quarter after fourth quarter, Tebow finds a way to get the win and shut them up.

I am not as concerned as everyone else about who is the Broncos future quarterback. I am not focused on mechanics, his ability to throw great passes, or whether the Broncos will draft another QB. I prefer to live in the moment and enjoy all this Bronco excitement for once. We can review the “Tebow package” as a whole at the end of the season. He may be their future QB next year and he may not, who cares! Let’s have some fun for a change. Plus, i like the storyline every week with the odds stacked up against Tebow and the Broncos and see what they can do to overcome it. Makes football entertaining.

The truth of the matter is Tim Tebow knows how to win football games and now gives the Broncos the best chance to win the AFC West . Especially with the Broncos surging defense.

The bottom line is the fans got this one right. They knew that Tebow would give them the best chance to win and they have not been disappointed. Just because you don’t attend meetings, spend hours breaking down film, or wear a jock strap doesn’t mean you can’t pick out a winner when you see one. In the meantime, i am going to sit back and continue to watch Merrill Hoge and Harold Camping predict the demise of mankind and the Broncos as we sit back, win football games, conquer the AFC West, and laugh at their expense. Keep it coming boys!

Nomad
11-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Where's your permission slip?!?:D j/k

I hope Tebow keeps making people like Hoge eat crow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/hoge-says-tebow-will-never-be-consistent-enough-to-win/ :coffee:

Now I see some here echoed the words of Hoge with 'political nightmare' statement.

DenBronx
11-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Where's your permission slip?!?:D j/k

I hope Tebow keeps making people like Hoge eat crow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/hoge-says-tebow-will-never-be-consistent-enough-to-win/ :coffee:

Now I see some here echoed the words of Hoge with 'political nightmare' statement.

What a joke that article is. Hoge looks like a clown now. He is by far the biggest clown on ESPN and they should bench his butt.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 01:42 PM
http://broncoplanet.com/2011/11/tebow-making-merrill-hoge-look-like-harold-camping/
(permmision was given by Shadd Ring to post full article)

Posted on November 19, 2011 by Shadd Ring

Merrill Hoge must be going to bed every night feeling like the dejected preacher Harold Camping who wrongfully predicted the end of the world several times. I am waiting for the alleged expert Hoge to say exactly what Camping said after all his flawed research and repeated failures, “I’m not embarrassed about it, It was just the fact that it was premature.” Premature indeed. Broncos go to Oakland and walk away with a great victory, next to Kansas City where the Broncos run all over the Chiefs, and now Tebow and the Broncos sticking it to the Hard Knock Jets!

And it doesn’t just stop at Merrill Hoge. There has been a line up of NFL experts, former players, and opponents that continue to beat down Tebow. Yet weak after week, game after game, fourth quarter after fourth quarter, Tebow finds a way to get the win and shut them up.

I am not as concerned as everyone else about who is the Broncos future quarterback. I am not focused on mechanics, his ability to throw great passes, or whether the Broncos will draft another QB. I prefer to live in the moment and enjoy all this Bronco excitement for once. We can review the “Tebow package” as a whole at the end of the season. He may be their future QB next year and he may not, who cares! Let’s have some fun for a change. Plus, i like the storyline every week with the odds stacked up against Tebow and the Broncos and see what they can do to overcome it. Makes football entertaining.

The truth of the matter is Tim Tebow knows how to win football games and now gives the Broncos the best chance to win the AFC West . Especially with the Broncos surging defense.

The bottom line is the fans got this one right. They knew that Tebow would give them the best chance to win and they have not been disappointed. Just because you don’t attend meetings, spend hours breaking down film, or wear a jock strap doesn’t mean you can’t pick out a winner when you see one. In the meantime, i am going to sit back and continue to watch Merrill Hoge and Harold Camping predict the demise of mankind and the Broncos as we sit back, win football games, conquer the AFC West, and laugh at their expense. Keep it coming boys!

Did anyone else notice this? Clever.

LawDog
11-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Did anyone else notice this? Clever.

Saw it, just a typo that spell check won't pick up...

Locnar
11-19-2011, 03:25 PM
The jealousy some of these commentators have is so funny to watch. I'm sure Kordell Stewert goes to bed at night crying at the fact he wasn't enamored by so many people the way Tebow is.

And I could never stand Merrill Hodge or Chris Carter before the whole Tebow thing. But now they almost make me sick to my stomach. They act like bullies and that their opinion is far superior to anyone else's. They have let out this ugly egotistical side that I think should tarnish their creditability as good analyst's. Even though they recognize his running intangibles and ability to lead 53 men into war on the grid iron, there is a jealousy there that doesn't allow themselves to admit he could be a winning quarterback in this league. Ok we get it. He has accuracy problems. But there is more than one way to skin a cat. At least his inaccuracy isn't leading to turnovers. They only lead to 60 yard punts pinning the opposing offense deep into their own territory which can force them into making turnovers..

I hope Tebow can succeed for the good of this team that I have rooted for my whole life. But secondly, I hope he can succeed to make his haters choke on an enormous amount of crow that will have them running to the hills with their tails between their legs..

chazoe60
11-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I love seeing ol' puddin' look like the dumbshit that he truly is.

Go stare st a bright light you loser.

camdisco24
11-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Hoge is the definition of a hater. I've always looked at his comments as borderline retarded, and his whole stance on Tebow basically confirms that. He is one of the biggest airheads ESPN has ever seen. I cannot believe he is still on the air.

Dreadnought
11-19-2011, 04:00 PM
I remember Kordell's interception in the end zone versus us in the 1997 Championship game like it was yesterday. I think it was Allen Aldrich. Bill Romonowski mocking and taunting "Slash" for the almost unbelievable mistake he had just committed when the chips were down, when it was all on the line...Yes, memories...

That clown has no business criticizing anyone's QB play, ever.

sneakers
11-19-2011, 05:13 PM
LOL your profile picture

SR
11-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Hoge is right for the most part. Tebow is winning, but is the stuff that guys like Hoge and Kiper said really that inaccurate? They said he can't throw accurately. He can't. They said he wouldn't ever make it as a pocket passer. So far he hasn't disappointed there. Aside from the fact that Tebow is winning games, those dudes weren't really that far off...

broncobryce
11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Hoge is right? That's the funniest shit I've ever heard. You are agreeing with one of the biggest haters alive.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/ibasrt.png

DenBronx
11-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Hoge is right for the most part. Tebow is winning, but is the stuff that guys like Hoge and Kiper said really that inaccurate? They said he can't throw accurately. He can't. They said he wouldn't ever make it as a pocket passer. So far he hasn't disappointed there. Aside from the fact that Tebow is winning games, those dudes weren't really that far off...

those dudes can suck it.

SR
11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Hoge is right? That's the funniest shit I've ever heard. You are agreeing with one of the biggest haters alive.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/ibasrt.png

He is a hater and I don't like him either, but not for what he says about Tebow. I don't like him because he's a pompous piece of shit and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. But really, objectively speaking, some of what he says is right regardless of how you feel about the guy. A broken clock is still right twice per day...

SR
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
those dudes can suck it.

Agreed.

broncobryce
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
He is a hater and I don't like him either, but not for what he says about Tebow. I don't like him because he's a pompous piece of shit and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. But really, objectively speaking, some of what he says is right regardless of how you feel about the guy. A broken clock is still right twice per day...

Were you the one who said Tebow was arrogant for demanding the ball and then running it in for the game winning TD?

If so I'm not surprised you agree with Hoge.

SR
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Were you the one who said Tebow was arrogant for demanding the ball and then running it in for the game winning TD?

If so I'm not surprised you agree with Hoge.

If someone is right, they're right. I don't agree with him much or often but he was right about a couple of things he said about Tebow like he is a horribly inaccurate passer and won't succeed in this league as a pocket passer. I'm not gonna disagree with stuff someone says if it's right just because I don't like the guy. That's ignorant.

broncosfannum24
11-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Idc if he cant throw the ball he gets the job done,brett favre could throw the ball but he lost you games with turnovers, same with cutler, plummer, cam newton, and even phillip rivers, ill take punts any day then to throw a turnover to lose a game, people fail to realize he takes reallll good care of the football, i guess people would rather take a phillip rivers that looks really good in the first 3 quarters, but crumble in 4th when it really matters, then a qb that scores tds, and is clutch in fourth quarter and doesnt lose you game

SR
11-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Idc if he cant throw the ball he gets the job done,brett favre could throw the ball but he lost you games with turnovers, same with cutler, plummer, cam newton, and even phillip rivers, ill take punts any day then to throw a turnover to lose a game, people fail to realize he takes reallll good care of the football, i guess people would rather take a phillip rivers that looks really good in the first 3 quarters, but crumble in 4th when it really matters, then a qb that scores tds, and is clutch in fourth quarter and doesnt lose you game

Favre lost a ton of games because he took a lot of huge risks. Why you mention Cam Newton and Jake Plummer with guys like Cutler and Rivers is beyond me, but it's whatever. When people say "Tebow can't throw" they're talking about the passes that should be right between the numbers or right on the hands but instead end up in the dirt ten yards in front of the receiver or ten yards over the receiver's head. Tebow has a cannon, he just doesn't know how to use it yet. He doesn't know how to put "touch" on the ball instead of rifling it at a receiver that's wide open five yards in front of him. Stuff like that is what people refer to. Yes, he takes good care of the ball generally speaking, but he still can't throw the ball where he needs to when he needs to.

broncosfannum24
11-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Cause those were all guys that lost you more games cause of there turnovers, and i say cam newton cause people are saying he can throw and wondering why they arent winning, yea he can throw but he wont win throwing 4 picks in a game like he did today

SR
11-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Cause those were all guys that lost you more games cause of there turnovers, and i say cam newton cause people are saying he can throw and wondering why they arent winning, yea he can throw but he wont win throwing 4 picks in a game like he did today

Favre is one of the winningest QBs of all time hombre.

broncosfannum24
11-20-2011, 11:13 PM
And how many super bowls did he win? Just 1, and how many times did he take his team to the playoffs just to lose from one of his horrible ints? Why do you think no one wanted him this year? Cause teams looked past all the records and to the point that he cant stop throwing dumb passes did you forget he threw the game losing int against the giants? Or that he threw the game losing int against the saints? And you have to realize favre played on some talented teams, talented teams equal wins duhh

broncobryce
11-20-2011, 11:16 PM
And how many super bowls did he win? Just 1, and how many times did he take his team to the playoffs just to lose from one of his horrible ints? Why do you think no one wanted him this year? Cause teams looked past all the records and to the point that he cant stop throwing dumb passes did you forget he threw the game losing int against the giants? Or that he threw the game losing int against the saints? And you have to realize favre played on some talented teams, talented teams equal wins duhh

And then Favre said it "took him long enough" about Rodgers winning the Superbowl. He admitted those teams were supremely talented.

broncosfannum24
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
And yet rodgers only has 4 picks this whole year and his team is undefeated while if favre was on this team i highly doubt they would be undefeated right now cause he would have thrown 4 picks in 1 game to lose it

Ravage!!!
11-21-2011, 01:01 AM
So far Hoge has been right.

broncobryce
11-21-2011, 01:18 AM

Nope. He said it was embarrassing to think Denver could win with Tebow.

So no, he hasn't been right.

Sorry to burst your hate bubble.

catfish
11-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Hoge was on Mike and Mike this morning....as info Denver is running a gimmick offense that people will eventually figure out and stop so I guess they might as well stop now. No suggestions how to stop it from the wise one, but "someone" will apparently figure out "something" to stop the offense

Ravage!!!
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM

For one, quit with the "hate" shit. It makes you look like a 12 year old. You didn't "burst" anything other than the thought bubble that you might have an ounce of intelligence.

2) I'm thrilled to be "winning" a few games with Tim or anyone else.

3) Back to the point. When ANYONE has said that we won't "win" with Tebow, none were talking about short-term, game, basis. Some of the worst players in NFL history have won games. So that's not what he (being Hoge), nor anyone else, is talking about.

They are talking about sustained, CONSISTENT, winning. I think Tebow will win more games this season, but that doesn't mean I'm convinced that we could continue winning with a 5-spread OPTION run offense like we saw against the Jets. Neither does anyone else that is expressing the opinion that its a good "gimmick" (with lack of a better word) offense that will eventually run its course. Much like all the "wildcat" offense we saw last season.

vandammage13
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM

"It is embarrassing to think that the Broncos can win with Tim Tebow" ~Merrill Hoge

Well, I guess he's embarrassed.

slim
11-21-2011, 10:16 AM
For one, quit with the "hate" shit. It makes you look like a 12 year old. You didn't "burst" anything other than the thought bubble that you might have an ounce of intelligence.

3) Back to the point. When ANYONE has said that we won't "win" with Tebow, none were talking about short-term, game, basis. Some of the worst players in NFL history have won games. So that's not what he (being Hoge), nor anyone else, is talking about.

They are talking about sustained, CONSISTENT, winning. I think Tebow will win more games this season, but that doesn't mean I'm convinced that we could continue winning with a 5-spread OPTION run offense like we saw against the Jets. Neither does anyone else that is expressing the opinion that its a good "gimmick" (with lack of a better word) offense that will eventually run its course. Much like all the "wildcat" offense we saw last season.

If that is what he meant, then that is what he should have said.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
GO TEBOW!:werd:

Nomad
11-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Skip Bayless will meet with Tebow @ 10am on ESPN2.....I wonder if Skip falls to his knees, kissing Tebow's hand with tears falling:D

broncobryce
11-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Please tell me what else hoge meant? Are you his backtracking brother? You two act exactly alike.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

broncobryce
11-21-2011, 11:09 AM
When you quit hating I will quit with the hate shit.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

claymore
11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Hoge was on Mike and Mike this morning....as info Denver is running a gimmick offense that people will eventually figure out and stop so I guess they might as well stop now. No suggestions how to stop it from the wise one, but "someone" will apparently figure out "something" to stop the offense

I think the way you beat Denver is to score points early. we dont have a way to counter it.

Mike
11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I think the way you beat Denver is to score points early. we dont have a way to counter it.

Sure we do. Stop reigning Tebow in until we are down with 2 minutes to go. It is out there for us to see on the last drive. Mix some of that in the whole game with the existing running game and you have an offense that can work.

slim
11-21-2011, 11:23 AM

That didn't work for the Raiders.

claymore
11-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Sure we do. Stop reigning Tebow in until we are down with 2 minutes to go. It is out there for us to see on the last drive. Mix some of that in the whole game with the existing running game and you have an offense that can work.
I would like to see this, maybe they are bringing him along on the correct pace. I dont know. Some of his throws are pretty damn bad to though.

That didn't work for the Raiders.

I expect to win every game that we get 3 INT's, have a PR for a TD, and our RB is averaging 8.2 yards a carry.

I dont think we will have all that going for us now that everyone is geared up to stop the run. Tebow is going to have to throw soon.

slim
11-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I dont think we will have all that going for us now that everyone is geared up to stop the run. Tebow is going to have to throw soon.

Well, I heard the same thing after the Oak win and again after the KC win and again after the NYJ win.

20 times a game, with solid defense and a solid running game, is enough.

SR
11-21-2011, 11:37 AM

Favre retired. That's why no one wanted him. Duhh

SR
11-21-2011, 11:38 AM

On that point he was wrong. Absolutely.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Favre retired. That's why no one wanted him. Duhh

Funny.....talking heads already calling for him to Chicago:lol:

broncosfannum24
11-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Yea, and That's why he came out of retirement twice to play, u Don't think he was trying to come back again to play? No one wanted him cause he's old and threw way too many picks kid, no one wants a turnover machine as there qb

vandammage13
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM

How do you explain the 15 (MIA) and 17 (HOU) point comebacks?

DenBronx
11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
First Hoge said Tebow wasnt an NFL QB and wouldnt be drafted anywhere near the first round. - He was wrong

Hoge said Tebow would never win an NFL game - He was wrong

He said he couldnt win consistently - He was wrong

He said that he would never get to the playoffs - Now it's very much a possibility and he has now changed his tone to TT will never win a Superbowl.

Well nice of him to set the bar so high. The percentages of anyone (even the best pure pocket passers) is very slim in the NFL.

What a total doush. He is more than a false prophet.

NightTerror218
11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I would like to see this, maybe they are bringing him along on the correct pace. I dont know. Some of his throws are pretty damn bad to though.

I expect to win every game that we get 3 INT's, have a PR for a TD, and our RB is averaging 8.2 yards a carry.

How many damn bad throws were there Thursday? How many drops were there? More drops then bad throws. He is coming along slowly, maybe its shock or the fact the ball is not hitting them on the numbers but still there. The WR also need to learn to make plays for the ball too.

SR
11-21-2011, 03:32 PM
First Hoge said Tebow wasnt an NFL QB and wouldnt be drafted anywhere near the first round. - He was wrong

Hoge said Tebow would never win an NFL game - He was wrong

He said he couldnt win consistently - He was wrong

He said that he would never get to the playoffs - Now it's very much a possibility and he has now changed his tone to TT will never win a Superbowl.

Well nice of him to set the bar so high. The percentages of anyone (even the best pure pocket passers) is very slim in the NFL.

What a total doush. He is more than a false prophet.

IMO, winning consistently has to be over a longer period of time than what he's played.

DenBronx
11-21-2011, 03:42 PM
IMO, winning consistently has to be over a longer period of time than what he's played.

I agree. I'm not 100% sure he is the future FCQB yet but he is making a very strong case! Most of us fans want to be proven wrong.....we're dying for a QB to bring us to the SB.

TT still needs the full year to be truly evaluated.

I just thought he should have started from day 1.

SR
11-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I want to win games. Period. I don't like Tebow as a QB, but if he keeps winning I'll put that aside.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2011, 02:20 AM
If that is what he meant, then that is what he should have said.

ITs what he's said TEN times since. Come on, Slim. I know you are smarter than that. No one is talking about individual wins. They are talking about "winning" on a continued, consistent, basis. Even Orton can win an individual game, or a string of games from time to time. That doesn't mean you go and "laugh" because Orton actually won a game.

As of right now, Hoge has been absolutely right on his criticisms of Tebow. He can't throw and our offense really is pathetic. Now I've come to love watching Tim play..... in the last 5 minutes of the game. But the first 55 minutes are absolutely horrendous to watch. Our special teams and defense is what has been winning us games... NOT Tebow. Now I actually like to see that our special teams and defense is winning us games for a change, but how long can you honestly expect THAT to keep up?

Simple Jaded
11-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Hoge is 100% correct. What's wrong about The Tebow Thing is running to a message board and whining about the lack of respect given to a QB that had one good drive and eight 3-and-outs in 12 drives.

Reminds me of the whining about the last QB that "just wins".......

vhatever
11-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Reminds me of the whining about the last QB that "just wins".......

Elway?

Simple Jaded
11-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Elway?

You're actually making your comparison of Elway and Tebow worse.......

vhatever
11-22-2011, 03:17 AM
You're actually making your comparison of Elway and Tebow worse.......

Huh? Elway was the QB they invented the term "just winning" for.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Huh? Elway was the QB they invented the term "just winning" for.

First of all, Elway didn't "just win".

Second of all, the fact that you don't know this shows people just how seriously they should take your idiotic comparison.......

vhatever
11-22-2011, 03:25 AM
First of all, Elway didn't "just win".

Second of all, the fact that you don't know this shows people just how seriously they should take your idiotic comparison.......

Ya, he did. Usually pretty ugly, too. I take it you just started watching football in 2007, eh?

Simple Jaded
11-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Ya, he did. Usually pretty ugly, too. I take it you just started watching football in 2007, eh?

No. Been a Broncos fan long before Timmy Terrific and l'll be a Broncos long after he's gone.

You've clearly never seen John Elway play football, that's obvious. You know it, l know it and now everybody else here knows it. There was nothing ugly about Elway's talent and ability. He's the QB that every QB wishes they could be.

You're just a Gator/Tebow fan, that's it. Good for you. But you're no longer worth the time, effort or bandwidth. I don't know who you're trying to convince, you or me, but you are literally impossible to take seriously.......

vhatever
11-22-2011, 03:43 AM
No. Been a Broncos fan long before Timmy Terrific and l'll be a Broncos long after he's gone.

You've clearly never seen John Elway play football, that's obvious. You know it, l know it and now everybody else here knows it. There was nothing ugly about Elway's talent and ability. He's the QB that every QB wishes they could be.

You're just a Gator/Tebow fan, that's it. Good for you. But you're no longer worth the time, effort or bandwidth. I don't know who you're trying to convince, you or me, but you are literally impossible to take seriously.......

And you are just a tebow hater who never even saw Elway play yet like to pretend you did. just like 99% of tebow haters. Gators can lick my *******. Only reason I'm a "fan" of tebow cause he's the best thing to happen to this franchise in maybe a decade plus.

sneakers
11-22-2011, 03:44 AM
and you are just a tebow hater who never even saw elway play yet like to pretend you did. Just like 99% of tebow haters. Gators can lick my *******. Only reason i'm a "fan" of tebow cause he's the best thing to happen to this franchise in maybe a decade plus.

lol

No one hates Tim Tebow. I can think I can speak for All bronco fans here when I say we want what is best for the Broncos. And if Tebow is as great as you say, this is wonderful news. But we (and Elway) want the best man for the job....hopefully this IS tebow, but if not, lets find someone else. Not hating on tebow at all.

And would you really want a Gator to lick your *******? That sounds kind of dangerous.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 03:52 AM
lol

No one hates Tim Tebow. I can think I can speak for All bronco fans here when I say we want what is best for the Broncos. And if Tebow is as great as you say, this is wonderful news. But we (and Elway) want the best man for the job....hopefully this IS tebow, but if not, lets find someone else. Not hating on tebow at all.

And would you really want a Gator to lick your *******? That sounds kind of dangerous.

Lots of people hate tebow, including that lefty bigot in your sig. If you waited for the best man for the job when Elway showed up, you would have booted his ass out of the team half way through his rookie season and looked elsewhere, as deberg off the bench was way better than he was. Maybe picked up marino, who was far more talented than elway as a pure passer. Only one problem though. Marino was an ******* who his own teammates didn't like. No super bowl for danny. Winning in a TEAM game goes far beyond just individual stats.

sneakers
11-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Lots of people hate tebow, including that lefty bigot in your sig. If you waited for the best man for the job when Elway showed up, you would have booted his ass out of the team half way through his rookie season and looked elsewhere, as deberg off the bench was way better than he was. Maybe picked up marino, who was far more talented than elway as a pure passer. Only one problem though. Marino was an ******* who his own teammates didn't like. No super bowl for danny. Winning in a TEAM game goes far beyond just individual stats.

Colbert plays a "character" on his show. You might find it hard to believe that IRL he teaches Sunday School to children at his Catholic church.

Just because someone casts critisizm (awesome spelling I admit) doesn't mean they hate him. Tebowfags seem to get royally butthurt if someone says one little thing negative about his playing ability.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up Elway for...? The rest of your rant, I will just let that be because I am at work and have things to do :D

vhatever
11-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Colbert plays a "character" on his show. You might find it hard to believe that IRL he teaches Sunday School to children at his Catholic church.

Just because someone casts critisizm (awesome spelling I admit) doesn't mean they hate him. Tebowfags seem to get royally butthurt if someone says one little thing negative about his playing ability.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up Elway for...? The rest of your rant, I will just let that be :D

Minus elway, what is the broncos team in NFL history?

Dicksquat, Nothing.

And we are on the brink of being dicksquat for the foreseeable future as soon as we chase tebow on out of here.

Happy ******* days ahead. I've seen the writing on the wall. No one wants to admit though, and want to claim Elway is being fair and just wants tebow to turn water into wine before he is the QB of the future.

What a ******* joke.

sneakers
11-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Minus elway, what is the broncos team in NFL history?

Dicksquat, Nothing.

And we are on the brink of being dicksquat for the foreseeable future as soon as we chase tebow on out of here.

Happy ******* days ahead. I've seen the writing on the wall. No one wants to admit though, and want to claim Elway is being fair and just wants tebow to turn water into wine before he is the QB of the future.

What a ******* joke.
So in other words you are saying:
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-sports-pictures-the-adventures-of-tim-tebow-and-morgan-freeman-god-nfl-football-denver-broncos.jpg

Simple Jaded
11-22-2011, 05:27 AM
I've missed one game Elway played, a regular season game against The NY Jets. Forget what year but it was after they signed Alfred Williams and the Broncos had, like, some ridiculous 8 sacks, or something.

Trust me Gator/Tebow fans, l've seen Elway play and l can assure you that this Elway/Tebow comparison is galactically ****ing stupid.

You can literally compare Tebow to thousands of former and current NFL QB's, l suggest you start with something a little more conservative before getting to Elway. You have to crawl before you walk, but give some people a foot of rope and they think they're a cowboy.

Tim Tebow would need a ladder to wear John Elway's shoes, or Dan Marino's shoes for that matter.

Btw, the Broncos played in a SB long before Elway came to Denver. I was too young to see it but at least l know enough about the Denver Broncos to know that, A) The Broncos weren't "Dicksquat" before John Elway and, B) Tebow is far from the best thing to happen to the Broncos in a decade. Quite the opposite is true in both cases.

You didn't even know Tebow existed before he came to Denver but you're convinced he's the best thing to happen to Denver in a decade? I sincerely hope you didn't come to that conclusion based on anything he's done on the football field.......

SR
11-22-2011, 09:16 AM
What a ******* joke.

As are your posts.

vhatever
11-22-2011, 03:57 PM
As are your posts.

I keep thinking night of the living dead but instead of "Brains....."

It's "elway.....elway.....elway...."

SR
11-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Great post.