PDA

View Full Version : Having played one more game than most, we're in the top 5 in sacks.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Doom was kind of slow getting out of the blocks this year. If he can get it going and Miller keeps it up, our sack numbers can really surge.

As of today, the Giants lead the league in sacks with 30, the Texans have 28 (theyve played 10 games like us), and we're tied with 4 teams for 3rd at 27 sacks.

I actually think our pass rush might be better than the numbers indicate though. We're getting a lot of pressure with Miller and teams are scheming around our pass rush now. The Jets threw a lot of screens Th night. Don't be surprised if we see more and more of this.

It doesnt really seem like Von is anywhere close to hitting a rookie wall. If anything, it seems like he's getting better.

Dapper Dan
11-19-2011, 11:18 AM
I like how he keeps punishing the QB even if he does let go. Too bad he'll get a penalty against Tom Brady. Hopefully they'll let it go in the Bears game :)

Locnar
11-19-2011, 03:50 PM
We're the Orange Crush again. :defense:

camdisco24
11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
The Tebow stuff has been exciting, but honestly, watching VONDOOM chase around the QB's this year has been just as entertaining for me.

I hope Cutty eats some dirt in a few weeks when we "welcome" him back to Denver.

Slick
11-19-2011, 05:24 PM
We deserve a pass rush. We haven't had one in decades. Even during the superbowl years we didnt have one. Robinson could only get pressure by blitzing. It is sooooo nice to see us go with a 4 man rush and actually get pressure.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
11-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I do miss the days of having a keith traylor or a Ma'aa Tanuvasa as a DT who could collapse the pocket and sack the QB though slick.

But you are right. And its exciting to look forward to seeing both the offense and defense take the field. Before it was boring and excruciating

pipes
11-19-2011, 07:47 PM
It doesnt really seem like Von is anywhere close to hitting a rookie wall. If anything, it seems like he's getting better.

I don't know if there's really much of a rookie wall anymore, mainly due to college teams playing in so many more games nowadays.
Also, there was no offseason workouts this past year - so there was that much less wear n tear plus less mental anguish