PDA

View Full Version : McD's coaching staff

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I've put together some copy and pastes from the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News concerning possible staff selections. I'm intrigued that Capers name is still being mentioned. I think he would be a good selection for Assistant Head Coach given his experience and knowledge of the 3/4. He would also be a nice safety net to have should Nolan falter.

Part of the plan for the Broncos that McDaniels unveiled in his two interviews, owner Pat Bowlen said, was he would bring in "some veteran hands" to repair the defense.

McDaniels also is pursuing coaching veteran Dom Capers, who, despite having a year remaining on his contract with New England, was not expected to return to the Patriots for the 2009 season. Nolan and Capers are well-versed in the 3-4 defense (three linemen, four linebackers), so if the Broncos determine they have enough, or can obtain enough, players to play it, they could take the field that way as soon as next season.

Philadelphia Eagles secondary coach Sean McDermott also is being considered for a position on McDaniels' staff. McDermott, who is believed to have a year remaining on his contract, is off limits for interviews because his team still is in the playoffs.

Patriots special teams coach Brad Seely, who has been on that team's coaching staff for a decade and is the only holdover from Pete Carroll's time with the team, will get heavy consideration for that job with the Broncos.
O'Brien's position with the Broncos is expected to be filled by Kansas City special-teams coach Mike Priefer, who was given permission by the Chiefs to interview with Denver and new head coach Josh McDaniels.

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 09:22 AM
He interviewed two 14-season members of Mike Shanahan's staff — running game coordinator Rick Dennison and running backs coach Bobby Turner — on Tuesday and was to interview receivers coach Jedd Fisch today.
It appears unlikely that Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates will return. He interviewed Tuesday for an offensive position with the Oakland Raiders' staff. The Broncos most likely would not have allowed Bates to interview with an AFC West rival if they had plans to retain him.

Traveler
01-14-2009, 09:23 AM
It's interesting that some folks are seemingly upset that McDaniels hasn't retained some of Shanahan's coaching staff. Mike said at his press conference that the next coach would be crazy not the keep the offensive staff intact.

If McDaniels is switching from the WCO, shouldn't he be able to bring in his folks? Say he did keep much of the offensive staff. Add further that he somehow miraculously fixed the D and we win the SB next year (a stretch I know). He'd never receive full credit because folks inevitably would say he did so with the staff and players Shanahan put in place.

My guess is that is partly the reasoning for bringing in his own staff. It wipes out all semblance of the work Mike put together.

Wouldn't you do the same in his position?

Traveler
01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Seems broncofaninla and I created similar threads. Mods, merge if necessary.

BroncoJoe
01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
I would want to bring in my own staff. Also, I'm not sure why a lot of people are wanting to keep the offensive staff, particularly Bates. It's not like the offense was the leagues best. FTR, I think how they rank offenses is stupid. Winning the total yards battle does not equate to wins or points.

Dirk
01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes and no.

Yes if I needed that ego boost. No if a member of the staff in any capacity made sense to keep them.

If he believes it is the right thing to do to get to his goal then it's what he has to do.

I will sit back and see it all unfold as everyone else will. I won't knock him unless I see NO RESULTS on the field next year.

CoachChaz
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
If he brought in Capers and McDermott on the defensive side, that would be a bonus. Bates can stay or go. I think his value is overrated based on Cutler friendship with him.

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I agree with brining in his own people but also feel he is obligated to hire the best postion coaches available. I think he'll be hard pressed to find a more accomplished RB coach than Turner.

claymore
01-14-2009, 09:40 AM
If he brought in Capers and McDermott on the defensive side, that would be a bonus. Bates can stay or go. I think his value is overrated based on Cutler friendship with him.

I concur.

Medford Bronco
01-14-2009, 09:45 AM

Agreed Big Time :salute:

but wait he made the pro bowl:rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I also read in the Boston Herald today that Brad Seeley is going to go
to Cleveland with Eric the Rat

Seely special

According to a league source, a final decision should be made in the next 24-48 hours on whether special teams coach Brad Seely will leave the Pats after 10 years to join new Browns coach Eric Mangini’s staff. One of the most respected coaches at his position in the business, Seely had previously spoken to the Seattle Seahawks, though they’re no longer in the picture, the source said.

If a deal is reached, Mangini’s three most important coordinator slots would be filled by ex-Patriots coaches, with Brian Daboll expected as offensive coordinator and Rob Ryan on the defensive side.

A Seely departure would leave the Pats with only two coaches who pre-date Belichick’s arrival in 2000. Those two coaches Ivan Fears (running backs) and Dante Scarnecchia (offensive line).

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1145186

Traveler
01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
It said in today's DP that McDaniels was expected to bring in the St coach from KC.

OBrien has signed with NE.

Dortoh
01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
My best guess on a few of these

Bates = gone
Dennison = gone
Turner = gone
Capers = ?
Romeo = very possible
McDermott = very possible

Traveler
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Bates = gone
Dennison = gone
Turner = gone
Capers = ?
Romeo = very possible

What is McDermott's current coaching position?

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 10:22 AM

I THINK he is the DB coach but might be wrong about that.

Dortoh
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
DB coach of the egirls

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM

Bates = gone
Dennison = gone
Turner = gone
Capers = ?
Romeo = very possible

I'm still holding out hope for Turner... :ranger:

Traveler
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
I really want to find out who'll be coaching the DL. I'll especially look to see what , if any, track record he has in developing Dlineman.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM

Having Nolan with just one those two guys will be difficult. How do fit on three on the staff? They can't unilateral move to another team, they have to come over here with a job promotion.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I THINK he is the DB coach but might be wrong about that.

That's what I've heard, that McDermott coaches the secondary.

NightTrainLayne
01-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Having Nolan with just one those two guys will be difficult. How do fit on three on the staff? They can't unilateral move to another team, they have to come over here with a job promotion.

They CAN come over on a lateral move if the other team allows them out of their contract. The other team has the ability to block the move if they choose, but just because they have that ability doesn't mean that they'll enforce it.

Unless a team feels that a particular coach is just absolutely crucial to their success, it makes little sense to make them stay someplace they don't want to be.

red98
01-14-2009, 12:04 PM

Sean McDermott
Secondary Coach

One of the brightest, young defensive minds in the league, Sean McDermott enters his 10th season in Philadelphia. McDermott was named secondary coach on January 28, 2008, after a successful one-year stint as linebackers coach last season.

"I don't think there are a lot of secondary coaches that are as good as Sean McDermott," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said. "He was a phenomenal linebackers coach and, really, his versatility I just think is second to none."

The linebacking group flourished under McDermott in 2007 as two youngsters – Omar Gaither (team-leading 170 tackles and 14 hurries) and Chris Gocong (92 tackles, including 7 for a loss) – progressed into full-time starters for the first time in their careers.

From 2004-06, McDermott served as the Eagles secondary/safeties coach. In 2004, he saw both of his starting safeties (Brian Dawkins and Michael Lewis) earn Pro Bowl berths for the first time in team history. Under McDermott's watch, Dawkins went on to earn two more Pro Bowl berths following the 2005 and 2006 seasons. In addition, McDermott has been credited with the development of Eagles S Quintin Mikell.

McDermott worked as the Eagles assistant secondary coach in 2003 and as the club's defensive assistant/quality control coach from 2001-02, working with the linebacker position. In all, McDermott is the longest tenured defensive assistant coach under Jim Johnson.

Under McDermott's watch, one of his players (Dawkins twice, Lewis and Gaither) has been the most productive player on defense in four out of the last five years.

McDermott originally joined the Eagles in 1998 as a scouting administrative coordinator, a position he held until being promoted to assistant to the head coach in 1999.

From 1993-97, McDermott was a safety at the College of William and Mary, earning all-conference honors in 1997, Academic all-conference honors in 1996 and 1997, and NSCA Strength and Conditioning All-America accolades. In 1998, he was the recipient of the prestigious Benjamin Ewell Award for his tremendous leadership and excellence on campus and in the community. In the spring of 1998, McDermott began his coaching career at William and Mary.

A 1993 graduate of LaSalle HS, McDermott was named All-Southeastern Pennsylvania at defensive back in 1992. An all-around athlete, he was also a national prep school wrestling champion in his junior and senior year and lettered twice in track.

In 2005, McDermott was named to the Philadelphia Daily News All-Catholic league team for standout players over the last three decades.

A native of Omaha, Nebraska, McDermott (born 3/21/74) earned a bachelor degree in finance while at William and Mary. He enjoys exercising, playing golf and is an active member of the Church. He and his wife, Jamie, and their newborn daughter, Madeline, reside in Phoenixville, PA.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/CoachBios.asp?coach_id=10

Dortoh
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Meet your new ST coach

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/mike_priefer/

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
They CAN come over on a lateral move if the other team allows them out of their contract. The other team has the ability to block the move if they choose, but just because they have that ability doesn't mean that they'll enforce it.

Unless a team feels that a particular coach is just absolutely crucial to their success, it makes little sense to make them stay someplace they don't want to be.

That's not what I've been hearing. I would doubt that Capers and McDermott would come here in same position that they would be leaving.

CoachChaz
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
So you make up a title for them and call it a promotion. It's been done before.

pnbronco
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
broncofaninfla; He interviewed two 14-season members of Mike Shanahan's staff — running game coordinator Rick Dennison and running backs coach Bobby Turner — on Tuesday and was to interview receivers coach Jedd Fisch today.

I'm glad Coach Turner got a interview. I understand that a HC needs to pick his own staff. So I'm glad he gave one to Bobby, IMO he's done a lot for the Broncos for a lot of years.

Traveler
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Whoa! Sarcasm is thick here....;)

Wasn't Shanny the one who really started this trend?

CoachChaz
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Whoa! Sarcasm is thick here....;)

Wasn't Shanny the one who really started this trend?

Yep...but it works. Call Capers the assistant head coach and call McDermott the assistant DC.

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM

Like Defensive Quality Coach?

dogfish
01-14-2009, 01:58 PM
call mcdermott the assistant baddass in training, or whatever you have to-- just get him in here! i'd kill to have a jim johnson disciple on our staff. . . .

dogfish
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
to hell with who gets the credit, just win doogie!!

there'll be plenty of credit to go around. . . .

bcbronc
01-14-2009, 02:19 PM
If McDanny doesn't bring in the best personal because he's worried the media will give Shanny some credit for the Bronco's success, then Bowlen hired the wrong guy.

:coffee:

ps: I'm not necessarily saying our current offensive coaches are the best options, just that they shouldn't be eliminated from consideration because they are left overs from the Shanny regime.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
It's interesting that some folks are seemingly upset that McDaniels hasn't retained some of Shanahan's coaching staff. Mike said at his press conference that the next coach would be crazy not the keep the offensive staff intact.

If McDaniels is switching from the WCO, shouldn't he be able to bring in his folks? Say he did keep much of the offensive staff. Add further that he somehow miraculously fixed the D and we win the SB next year (a stretch I know). He'd never receive full credit because folks inevitably would say he did so with the staff and players Shanahan put in place.

My guess is that is partly the reasoning for bringing in his own staff. It wipes out all semblance of the work Mike put together.

For one thing it isn't entirely uncommon for a new coach to keep a coach or two from previous head coach's staff. McDaniels does have the latitude to bring in whomever he wants. Bowlen made a recommendation of a very small group from the Shanahan's staff. But that was all it was a recommendation's. Because its only three coaches from Shanahan's staff that have been recommended how could anyone make legitimate claim that McDaniels won with someone else's staff should the Broncos win one or more Super Bowls.

If McDaniels needs to wipe out all semblance of Shanahan then why stop with staff? Because the same criticism could leveled concerning player personnel. It's weak a criticism but it is one that could made.

dogfish
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
If McDanny doesn't bring in the best personal because he's worried the media will give Shanny some credit for the Bronco's success, then Bowlen hired the wrong guy.

:coffee:

ps: I'm not necessarily saying our current offensive coaches are the best options, just that they shouldn't be eliminated from consideration because they are left overs from the Shanny regime.

he'll certainly be hard-pressed to find a better, more proven RB coach than mr. T! IMO, if he doesn't retain turner because he's intimidated by shanahan's shadow, he may as well start the job with a sign hanging around his neck that says "i'm a big jackass". . . . doesn't mean that he can't succeed with other guys of course, but i'd sure like to see him focus on repairing what's wrong with the team instead of replacing the quality parts we do have in place already. . . . it's not like there isn't enough that needs done as it is. . . fix the efense, buddy!

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
he'll certainly be hard-pressed to find a better, more proven RB coach than mr. T! IMO, if he doesn't retain turner because he's intimidated by shanahan's shadow, he may as well start the job with a sign hanging around his neck that says "i'm a big jackass". . . . doesn't mean that he can't succeed with other guys of course, but i'd sure like to see him focus on repairing what's wrong with the team instead of replacing the quality parts we do have in place already. . . . it's not like there isn't enough that needs done as it is. . . fix the efense, buddy!

I couldn't have said better. :salute:

bcbronc
01-14-2009, 02:39 PM

depends on the system we're going to be running though. Turner, as we all know, loves the one-cut and go style of running that works so well with the ZBS. if McDanny's new system doesn't mesh with the one-cut style of running then is Turner the best coach for the job?

I'd like to see the ZBS and Turner stay on, but I don't really care how the Broncos put up points, as long as they put up more than the other guys.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 02:49 PM
depends on the system we're going to be running though. Turner, as we all know, loves the one-cut and go style of running that works so well with the ZBS. if McDanny's new system doesn't mesh with the one-cut style of running then is Turner the best coach for the job?

I'd like to see the ZBS and Turner stay on, but I don't really care how the Broncos put up points, as long as they put up more than the other guys.

Bobby Turner knows how train running backs I don't think the ZBS has anything do with ability to coach.

fcspikeit
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM

I would try and put the best staff together. If he takes 3 guys from NE's coaching staff does that mean BB gets the credit?

Shanahan knew more then a thing or 2 about offenses. It should be expected the guys he had on that side of the ball would be good options for any staff.

If he is that worried about it he might as well start trading players too. If it wasn't for Shanny, Cutler wouldn't be here.. Should he trade him so Shanahan doesn't get the credit for moving up to draft him?

Dortoh
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Bobby Taylor knows how train running backs I don't think the ZBS has anything do with ability to coach.

Well then the hell with Turner bring in this Taylor fella. ;)

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
merged simular threads.. enjoy

Traveler
01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
For one thing it isn't entirely uncommon for a new coach to keep a coach or two from previous head coach's staff. McDaniels does have the latitude to bring in whomever he wants. Bowlen made a recommendation of a very small group from the Shanahan's staff. But that was all it was a recommendation's. Because its only three coaches from Shanahan's staff that have been recommended how could anyone make legitimate claim that McDaniels won with someone else's staff should the Broncos win one or more Super Bowls.

If McDaniels needs to wipe out all semblance of Shanahan then why stop with staff? Because the same criticism could leveled concerning player personnel. It's weak a criticism but it is one that could made.

Understand fully. Not saying this is the main reason why he's not retaining many of the staff or even that he obligated to do so.

More than anything, I'm just underscoring the fact that many here have complained that he's not doing so and offering an opinion partly as to why that might be the case.

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 02:58 PM

or going to divison rivals..

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
call mcdermott the assistant baddass in training, or whatever you have to-- just get him in here! i'd kill to have a jim johnson disciple on our staff. . . .

would it blend in with a less aggressive DC like Nolan.. the pieces of the puzzle have to fit we can't just force a square peg into a round hole so to speak..

I like Johnson style of play also but it may not workie here..

frauschieze
01-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Agreed 100%. G and I had a lovely discussion on RB coaches and we've scientifically determined there is only one RB coach better than Turner, and that's God. God is under contract and not available, so it would be best if we could retain him. Hopefully, he wants to stay.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Agreed 100%. G and I had a lovely discussion on RB coaches and we've scientifically determined there is only one RB coach better than Turner, and that's God. God is under contract and not available, so it would be best if we could retain him. Hopefully, he wants to stay.

God isn't under contract to anyone, He owns the franchise. ;)

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Well then the hell with Turner bring in this Taylor fella. ;)

You knew who I meant. :D (Btw it's corrected.)

Dortoh
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
You knew who I meant. :D (Btw it's corrected.)

Of course I did. Just busting your chops

bcbronc
01-14-2009, 03:18 PM

couldn't we just offer God a fancy new title and a raise to entice Her to sign here?

SBboundBRONCOS
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
would it blend in with a less aggressive DC like Nolan.. the pieces of the puzzle have to fit we can't just force a square peg into a round hole so to speak..

I like Johnson style of play also but it may not workie here..

no but you could fit a round peg into a square hole ;)

Ziggy
01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyone else notice that the new coach seems to be adressing defense and special teams before offense? His first move was to bring in Nolan, and now it sounds like his next may be either to bring in a special teams coach and/or more defensive coaches. Looks to me like he is taking on the area of the team that needs the most work first. I like it.

Medford Bronco
01-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Like Defensive Quality Coach?

With our defense we sure need a Quality Coach to help it out :lol:

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
no but you could fit a round peg into a square hole ;)

not if the round peg it to big to go into it..

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Anyone else notice that the new coach seems to be adressing defense and special teams before offense? His first move was to bring in Nolan, and now it sounds like his next may be either to bring in a special teams coach and/or more defensive coaches. Looks to me like he is taking on the area of the team that needs the most work first. I like it.

an amazing concept if mikey would have done it he'd still be here..

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 04:12 PM
With our defense we sure need a Quality Coach to help it out :lol:

hell almost anyone could have done better that Boob slowish..

Fan in Exile
01-14-2009, 04:22 PM

I believe that he is also evaluating the Offensive coaches who are here. So it's not that he's doing one or the other, it's that they are in different places so he's dealing with them differently.

dogfish
01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I believe that he is also evaluating the Offensive coaches who are here. So it's not that he's doing one or the other, it's that they are in different places so he's dealing with them differently.

the defensive and "special" teams coaches needed no evaluation. . . . just the axe!

:D

SBboundBRONCOS
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
not if the round peg it to big to go into it..

well if thats the case you couldnt fit a big square peg into a small square hole either

:laugh:

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 04:50 PM
well if thats the case you couldnt fit a big square peg into a small square hole either

:laugh:

been spending alot of time in preschool have we?

SBboundBRONCOS
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
been spending alot of time in preschool have we?

ya and i thought id pass on my knowledge for you :salute:

Dean
01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
It's interesting that some folks are seemingly upset that McDaniels hasn't retained some of Shanahan's coaching staff. Mike said at his press conference that the next coach would be crazy not "to" keep the offensive staff intact.

I would hope that is not the case. I would hope that he would be looking for whoever he could get that would produce positive results.

No. I detest, loathe, and hate loosing too much to worry about only getting part of the credit for a championship. Then again, maybe that's just me.

:confused:

Nomad
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I guess I can ask the question here as well! Did anyone hear of Ed Donatel being hired or will be hired as the DBs coach?

Slick
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM

I think Turner's "one cut and go" philosophy would work with any blocking scheme. It seems as McD thought the same way.

TXBRONC
01-15-2009, 07:28 PM
I think Turner's "one cut and go" philosophy would work with any blocking scheme. It seems as McD thought the same way.

It's a fundamental of running the ball.

pnbronco
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM

woff, woff dog, well said....

dogfish
01-18-2009, 02:17 AM
well, it looks like capers might not end up coming here after all. . .

CAPERS ON GIANTS’ RADAR
Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 17, 2009, 10:42 p.m.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Dom Capers has been “targeted” as the New York Giants’ top choice to be their next defensive coordinator now that Steve Spagnuolo has left New York to become the St. Louis Rams’ new head coach.

Capers was on Giants coach Tom Coughlin’s staff in Jacksonville in 1999 and 2000.

Capers has interviewed for the Green Bay Packers’ defensive coordinator opening, but Mortensen reports that Capers prefers to work for Coughlin again.

A former head coach in Carolina and Houston, Capers was the New England Patriots’ special assistant/secondary coach this season.

Capers and Coughlin got along well in Jacksonville, so it’s not a surprise that they would work together again.

can't imagine he'd want to come here and take a lesser position as part of a ground-up rebuilding project, when he can go to new york and take over one of the league's better defenses-- especially since that just might give him a chance to get back to the head coaching ranks if coughlin retires anytime soon. . . i would assume he'd take the job if it's offered. . . .

Shazam!
01-18-2009, 02:29 AM
If the report is accurate, looks like Capers isn't coming here, unless they offer him something like Asst. HC-Defense or something more than DC.

NYG will want to bring in a seasoned DC, unless they opt to promote someone from within.

fcspikeit
01-18-2009, 04:09 AM

CAPERS ON GIANTS’ RADAR

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Dom Capers has been “targeted” as the New York Giants’ top choice to be their next defensive coordinator now that Steve Spagnuolo has left New York to become the St. Louis Rams’ new head coach.

Capers was on Giants coach Tom Coughlin’s staff in Jacksonville in 1999 and 2000.

Capers has interviewed for the Green Bay Packers’ defensive coordinator opening, but Mortensen reports that Capers prefers to work for Coughlin again.

A former head coach in Carolina and Houston, Capers was the New England Patriots’ special assistant/secondary coach this season.

Capers and Coughlin got along well in Jacksonville, so it’s not a surprise that they would work together again.

can't imagine he'd want to come here and take a lesser position as part of a ground-up rebuilding project, when he can go to new york and take over one of the league's better defenses-- especially since that just might give him a chance to get back to the head coaching ranks if coughlin retires anytime soon. . . i would assume he'd take the job if it's offered. . . .

I don't know, I figured he would be names the assistant head coach of defense if he came here... What other position would we have gave him? I really like the idea of McDaniels turning the D over to Capers and Nolan... Let them run the defense while he runs the offense...

If we did name him, AHCOD he would have more power here then he would in NY. Gaughlen (SP?) is a defensive guy, I doubt he would let Capers run the show...

dogfish
01-18-2009, 04:41 AM
I don't know, I figured he would be names the assistant head coach of defense if he came here... What other position would we have gave him? I really like the idea of McDaniels turning the D over to Capers and Nolan... Let them run the defense while he runs the offense...

If we did name him, AHCOD he would have more power here then he would in NY. Gaughlen (SP?) is a defensive guy, I doubt he would let Capers run the show...

which would you rather have-- a slightly fancier title, or osi umenyiora, mathias kiwanuka and justin tuck?

fcspikeit
01-18-2009, 06:22 AM
which would you rather have-- a slightly fancier title, or osi umenyiora, mathias kiwanuka and justin tuck?

That would depend on what my goal's were, If it were just about winning I would go to NY. If it were about power, I would come to Denver. If it were about the fastest rout to my next HC job, I would have to decide which I felt was more important to achieving that, winning with a good defense or having the power to turn a bad defense around?

One would also have to consider, Money talks and bullshit walks.. ;)

TXBRONC
01-18-2009, 09:52 AM

CAPERS ON GIANTS’ RADAR

Yeah the only way to get Capers here would be to make Assistant Head Coach of the defense and I don't see that happening.

TXBRONC
01-18-2009, 09:55 AM

I would think that rebuilding a defense is a little more impressive than maintaining one is already very good. Thing is unless he's going be over Nolan I just don't see him coming here.

hamrob
01-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Mike McCoy -

I knew this name rang a bell. As it turns out...he was a undrafted FA who Shanny signed to a contract back in 1995. He participated in training camp with the Broncos back in 95. Interesting.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11481146

Dean
01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
That would depend on what my goal's were, If it were just about winning I would go to NY. If it were about power, I would come to Denver. If it were about the fastest rout to my next HC job, I would have to decide which I felt was more important to achieving that, winning with a good defense or having the power to turn a bad defense around?

One would also have to consider, Money talks and bullshit walks.. ;)

His short term goal is to be the D-coordinator for the Packers.

Lonestar
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Mc Kid is supposed to be in the hour three of Jim Rome today..

He has been touting it for teh past hour or so and making a big deal about him being 32..

Lonestar
01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
he is on Rome right now..

CoachChaz
01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
he is on Rome right now..

Give us some highlights of the interview if you can

Lonestar
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Give us some highlights of the interview if you can

lots of it was about Belichick..

He talked briefly about Jay and how he will like the new system and get over it..

at the end he told Rome he used to listen to him while they were grading film..
and now Rome is wanting him to do a promo for him..

No doubt that Rome will be his butt boy forever now..

Dean
01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I can't help but find it amusing how coaches play media and media play coaches.

McKid already understands the game played off the field.