PDA

View Full Version : Just for conversation, no more, Orton in for TT

vettesplus
11-18-2011, 08:20 PM
what would the outcome of a game be if the broncos hide the fact that Orton would be the QB of a game and the opposing team planned all week for tt style. you throw Orton in with a game plan to throw 30-40 passes and confuse the hell out of the other team and blow them out of the stadium, would it work?...just for thought...

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Seriously?

BroncoWave
11-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Maybe until the 4th quarter.

sneakers
11-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I like it. Only because it would be funny as hell.

UnderArmour
11-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Seriously?

Personally, I think it would be cool if we added a trick play where Orton lines up on the sideline and then sits on the bench.

NameUsedBefore
11-18-2011, 08:43 PM
The stadium would have erupted in shrilly boos like a house made of low battery fire alarms.

catfish
11-18-2011, 08:44 PM
most likely the defense would drop into the plan that they use for every other team in the NFL and beat the living hell out of Denver. I think even knowing that Tebow is in having to install basically a brand new defense in 3-4 days gives you more of an advantage than any trickeration. Defense is all about execution, teams execute 1 game plan 15 weeks out of the year, but for denver they hafta scrap it all and start over for 1 week

vhatever
11-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't really do much. They would drop into vanilla coverage schemes they use 90% of the time versus 90% of the other teams.

Now if you did the opposite, that could be pretty effective because they would get killed running vanilla defense schemes.

All teams are going to gameplan for tebow now anyway, though, and I'm pretty sure you have to declare starters sometime prior to kickoff. So it wouldn't be much a shock at all.

Locnar
11-18-2011, 08:56 PM
I think we would get muscled around with Orton. Our defense plays inspired ball with Tebow. With Orton the team just doesn't look as energized (with the exception of Von Missile)

chazoe60
11-18-2011, 09:00 PM
It would empty the stadium, if that's what you meant by "work".

Dumbest idea ever BTW, congrats.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 09:02 PM
what would the outcome of a game be if the broncos hide the fact that Orton would be the QB of a game and the opposing team planned all week for tt style. you throw Orton in with a game plan to throw 30-40 passes and confuse the hell out of the other team and blow them out of the stadium, would it work?...just for thought...

Aside from initial 'huh?' factor, the outcome would likely be what it was during our first 5 games.

chazoe60
11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Vettes, you are probably the last person on the planet who doesn't realize that Orton is not an NFL starting calibur QB.

He was a mirage created by McD's stat heavy win lite system.

SR
11-18-2011, 09:05 PM
If I saw Orton on the field again in a Broncos uniform, I would turn the TV off.

Tned
11-18-2011, 09:31 PM
If I saw Orton on the field again in a Broncos uniform, I would turn the TV off.

Man, you didn't watch the overtime win? Captain Orton was on the field to lose the coin toss... ;)

dogfish
11-18-2011, 10:01 PM
dude, we know you don't like tebow (or winning, apparently) but this is some sad, third-grade fantasy type shit. . .

:lol::lol:

orton is not coming back. . . tebow's the guy, get over it. . .

ktrain
11-18-2011, 10:13 PM

Iwas thinking after the game last might what if you brought in Tebow only for the 4 th quarter and let him go completely cowboy. there are a couple of problems with this:

1. the rest of the offense needs to prepare for two completely different
QBs

2. Tebow would take a while to get in "rythm" he has enough problems with rythm playing the entire game BTW

3. Orton still sucks......

Tned
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Iwas thinking after the game last might what if you brought in Tebow only for the 4 th quarter and let him go completely cowboy. there are a couple of problems with this:

1. the rest of the offense needs to prepare for two completely different
QBs

2. Tebow would take a while to get in "rythm" he has enough problems with rythm playing the entire game BTW

3. Orton still sucks......

How deep would the hole be with Orton's turnovers?

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 11:42 PM
We would be in it until Orton throws a pick 6 to Revis in the 4th quarter.

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 12:01 AM
I was hoping for more than 75 yards and zero points between the first drive and the last drive, but we all can't get what we want.

I actually have it on good authority that everything before the final drive didn't actually happen...

:tryingtorootforhimbutdamnwasthatpatheticevenworse thanorton:

hamrob
11-19-2011, 01:10 AM
I think it would be great...if Orton lined up at TB in I-formation. Tebow could do the read option with Larsen, then have the option to run it himself or pitch it to Orton to throw it down field to Decker/Royal/Thomas.

What's the downside...Orton gets blasted? :-0

I think they should be creative with it...Teams would thoroughly be confused with Orton and Tebow back there.

Chidoze
11-19-2011, 01:47 AM
They tried that. They went 1-4....

Davii
11-19-2011, 03:09 AM
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f2/291709d1311355974-trollface-demotival-topic-thread-fail-thread-fail-demotivatio.jpg

TXBRONC
11-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Seriously?

I think it was Wednesday on the Vic and Gary show that someone either texted or tweeted this very thing. Maybe it was Vettesplus that suggested it?

Ryan_the_Bucs_Fan
11-19-2011, 09:19 AM
From a pure comedy stand point? I love this idea.