PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller Destruction MEGATHREAD

Skacorica
11-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Watching Von turn Sanchez into scared, beaten puppy was probably the best part of the game yesterday (other than the last drive). This man deserves his own thread displaying the carnage he lays waste to on the field.

http://thejetpress.com/files/2011/11/lt16.jpg

Skacorica
11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/1117/20111117__BRONCOS_JETSJETS_BRONCOS_1JL3758~p1_200. jpg

BeefStew25
11-18-2011, 05:52 PM
He is a Hombre. Nice pick EFX.

NightTrainLayne
11-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Something about his dance after nailing Sanchez was cool. I think it demoralized Sanchez even more.

Skacorica
11-18-2011, 06:00 PM
http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/121600224_8.jpg?w=300
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2011/11/blog_miller_111120111-270x450.jpg
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2011/11/13/18/09/Ia3ZZ.St.81.jpg

cmc0605
11-18-2011, 06:08 PM
A couple years ago Champ Bailey was the funnest defender to watch on this team. His saviness, tackling ability, and ability to get picks was great. Now, Von Miller is the funnest Bronco to watch. I think he is already a top 5 pass rusher in the NFL, and should be defensive RoY hands down. He'll see some pro bowls in his future on sacks alone, but I hope he develops his run stopping and coverage game even more. He's made progress, but this guy has all the tools to be a wrecking force for the next decade.

I'm also glad Elvis seems to be coming around. We won't have to worry about our pass rush for a long time if those two guys stay healthy (and the front office doesn't trade them like what happened to all our other good players under McD)

SmilinAssasSin27
11-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Although I was in the Marcel Dareus camp...I must say I haven't been this excited about a Denver defender since Atwater.

G_Money
11-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Von is a CRUSHER. I love defense, and I REALLY love good LB play, so Miller is like Chrismas every week for me. I can't imagine how good he might be once he understands how to play the pass.

Well, I CAN...but I can't really talk about how that would make me feel in polite company. It'd be like nut around his pooch.

Maybe nut in a kennel.

~G

BeefStew25
11-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Y8trScwTpXA

blamkin86
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7e/fullj.9edd57a4b36a0814d18ae4af769281fb/9edd57a4b36a0814d18ae4af769281fb-getty-132688448.jpg

Skacorica
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Von Miller is Jaws

GREAT find

BeefStew25
11-18-2011, 06:41 PM
iVosGPgRAWI

dogfish
11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Y8trScwTpXA

holy freakin' shit, that's awesome! i could actually HEAR that theme song in my head last night when they showed the replay! he really does have a predatory aspect to him-- dude is a hunter. . .

dogfish
11-18-2011, 06:45 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5789/mushroomcloud.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/mushroomcloud.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 07:50 PM
A couple years ago Champ Bailey was the funnest defender to watch on this team. His saviness, tackling ability...

That shows how bad Denver's D has sunk, that their CB, despite being a star, was the best player on D.

sneakers
11-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I like the Quon Crosby MEGATHREAD better.

BroncoWave
11-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I like the Quon Crosby MEGATHREAD better.

While that one is quite superior, you can never have enough MEGATHREADS.

Chidoze
11-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Von Miller is a MONSTER!!!

I loved it when the Broncos drafted him & I love watching him play on Sundays.

He's going to be a superstar! :salute:

Locnar
11-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Von Miller hits so hard, many children are conceived on sundays.

Skacorica
11-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Von Miller hits so hard John Madden is still yelling BOOM on his couch right now

Dzone
11-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Does anyone still think we should have drafted Marcel Dareus instead?

DenBronx
11-19-2011, 03:15 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/377190_198380200243000_100002130630649_466605_1173 532428_n.jpg

camdisco24
11-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Does anyone still think we should have drafted Marcel Dareus instead?

There's a no, and then there's a HELL NO.

Von Miller all the way!

vhatever
11-19-2011, 04:26 PM
iVosGPgRAWI

When I was watching this during the game, I could have sworn that Miller punched the dude in the face. I was like "ohh crap that's gonna be a hell of a fine".

getlynched47
11-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Von Miller needs to work on his sack dance.

I suggest he does a sack dance that incorporates a tea-bagging ritual

dogfish
11-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Von Miller needs to work on his sack dance.

I suggest he does a sack dance that incorporates a tea-bagging ritual

and i suggest he work on his coverage, and not worry about the sack dance. . . his performance is going to let everyone know who he is-- he doesn't need to prance around like that idiot shawne merriman. . . .

Joel
11-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Y8trScwTpXA
The bad thing about that clip (which is admittedly in slow mo) is that Sanchez has already released the ball when it starts and Miller isn't even in the frame. That makes it really easy to see the two extra steps before the hit. I'd be willing to call the first, with his left foot, momentum, but the following one with his right was just a flat out blind side late hit.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 07:46 PM
The bad thing about that clip (which is admittedly in slow mo) is that Sanchez has already released the ball when it starts and Miller isn't even in the frame. That makes it really easy to see the two extra steps before the hit. I'd be willing to call the first, with his left foot, momentum, but the following one with his right was just a flat out blind side late hit.

Doesn't matter.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Doesn't matter.

OH, no, it does matter. You watch Suh getting called for every even remotely questionable calll for the rest of his career because of his dirty player rep.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
OH, no, it does matter. You watch Suh getting called for every even remotely questionable calll for the rest of his career because of his dirty player rep.

You have to speed up a Qbs clock to force him into mistakes or look for inconsequential checkdowns. It's worth a flag to do this.

Besides, it's not like Miller is doing the same thing Suh is. You should probably work on your examples.

Joel
11-19-2011, 10:33 PM
You have to speed up a Qbs clock to force him into mistakes or look for inconsequential checkdowns. It's worth a flag to do this.

Besides, it's not like Miller is doing the same thing Suh is. You should probably work on your examples.
I have no problem speeding up the QBs clock, but Miller needs to speed up his own clock in doing it, because he gets there late too much, and leads with his helmet too much when he's on time. I want to win, but not so badly I'll cheer on a player paralyzing an opponent with an illegal hit. There are more important things than winning, like looking at myself in the mirror and not seeing a Raiders fan, or Buddy Ryan.

Every time I see a guy go down in a game I say a little silent prayer that he'll be alright, and don't check which jersey he's wearing first, because I don't want to see a repeat of what happened to Dennis Byrd. I don't think anyone does; I certainly hope not. Someone compared Miller to LT in terms of playing dirty the other day, but even LT was horrified when he made the (perfectly legal but deeply unfortunate) hit that (unintentionally) ended Joe Theismanns career. I can't stand Theismann, the 'Skins or Notre Dame, but wouldn't wish that on anyone.

DELIBERATE play like that can and does result in fifteen yard automatic first downs (in a game where no quarter can end on a defensive penalty,) and Miller can forget about the rookie sack record if he's serving a four game suspension, but the point is not that dirty play DOES earn such penalties: The point is it SHOULD. You can play mean, tough and physical within the rules; Bob Lilly did, Reggie White did, Steve Atwater did. Personally, I think the guys who are scary AND CLEAN are a lot scarier than the ones you know aren't really that tough as long you watch them to make sure they don't get in a cheap shot when your back is turned (I know a lot of Aggies, and none of them thinks that makes anyone "tough.")

Understand, I like Miller, a lot; he's got the skill and ability to be a devastating LB without having to spear anyone or hit them late, which is just one more reason why he should do just that.

Ziggy
11-19-2011, 11:03 PM
It's not only Sanchez that's feeling the Von Miller effects after the game. He's also punished Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell the last few weeks. I was comparing him to Derrick Thomas in the offseason, but he's nastier. He doesn't just sack QB's, he gives them a beat down.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I have no problem speeding up the QBs clock, but Miller needs to speed up his own clock in doing it, because he gets there late too much, and leads with his helmet too much when he's on time. I want to win, but not so badly I'll cheer on a player paralyzing an opponent with an illegal hit. There are more important things than winning, like looking at myself in the mirror and not seeing a Raiders fan, or Buddy Ryan.

Every time I see a guy go down in a game I say a little silent prayer that he'll be alright, and don't check which jersey he's wearing first, because I don't want to see a repeat of what happened to Dennis Byrd. I don't think anyone does; I certainly hope not. Someone compared Miller to LT in terms of playing dirty the other day, but even LT was horrified when he made the (perfectly legal but deeply unfortunate) hit that (unintentionally) ended Joe Theismanns career. I can't stand Theismann, the 'Skins or Notre Dame, but wouldn't wish that on anyone.

DELIBERATE play like that can and does result in fifteen yard automatic first downs (in a game where no quarter can end on a defensive penalty,) and Miller can forget about the rookie sack record if he's serving a four game suspension, but the point is not that dirty play DOES earn such penalties: The point is it SHOULD. You can play mean, tough and physical within the rules; Bob Lilly did, Reggie White did, Steve Atwater did. Personally, I think the guys who are scary AND CLEAN are a lot scarier than the ones you know aren't really that tough as long you watch them to make sure they don't get in a cheap shot when your back is turned (I know a lot of Aggies, and none of them thinks that makes anyone "tough.")

Understand, I like Miller, a lot; he's got the skill and ability to be a devastating LB without having to spear anyone or hit them late, which is just one more reason why he should do just that.

I think you're underestimating how fast the game is being played. That video you showed was in extreme slow motion. The refs aren't watching the game at that speed. It's kind of pointless to look at it in extreme slow motion like that.

Miller needs to be aggressive. The last thing that needs to happen is for Miller to become less of a player because he gets flagged a couple of times for being aggressive.

I think the plays that people are complaining about are borderline and he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's closing in so fast. Against someone like Tom Brady, this may get a flag but it also is just as likely going to be the reason we would have a chance.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 11:13 PM
It's not only Sanchez that's feeling the Von Miller effects after the game. He's also punished Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell the last few weeks. I was comparing him to Derrick Thomas in the offseason, but he's nastier. He doesn't just sack QB's, he gives them a beat down.

I could be wrong but it seems like Von Miller is all over the field more than Derrick Thomas was. Some times Von was chasing down Plaxico Burress downfield.

And then what about when NYJ had that bad/missed snap and Sanchez had to chase after the ball to recover it? Miller was closing in on the ball at an insane rate of speed. Sanchez was lucky to come up with it. You simply can't blink with someone as fast and relentless as Miller. Miller might be one of the best defensive players in the league, nevermind top rookie.

Joel
11-20-2011, 01:35 AM
I think you're underestimating how fast the game is being played. That video you showed was in extreme slow motion. The refs aren't watching the game at that speed. It's kind of pointless to look at it in extreme slow motion like that.

Miller needs to be aggressive. The last thing that needs to happen is for Miller to become less of a player because he gets flagged a couple of times for being aggressive.

I think the plays that people are complaining about are borderline and he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's closing in so fast. Against someone like Tom Brady, this may get a flag but it also is just as likely going to be the reason we would have a chance.
The rule of thumb is taking an extra step is a late hit. Personally, I think that's unfair, because when a defender's going at a dead sprint forward, if he doesn't plant his foot before pulling up he's gonna wind up on his face (some of them do for just that reason, and that's a good way to get hurt, especially in places with concrete under their turf). However, two steps is unquestionably too much for me; if you don't veer aside after planting your foot the first time, you hit the QB deliberately.

Meanwhile, it didn't happen on that play, but the League has already announced a fine against Miller for spearing Sanchez on another play in that game (they didn't call it spearing, they called it "leading with the helmet," but that's BS; spearing is spearing is spearing and we didn't need another rule against something already illegal.) That's the second time he's been fined for that this year, but far from the second time he's DONE it (he did at least twice against the Jets, but only got caught once.)

A lot of it is close, I admit, but it's just happening too often, often enough that I can't count all the times I've seen him come in late or spear a QB. That's from someone who agrees with the suggestion it only LOOKED like he came in low against I-forget-whom a few weeks ago because the QB was backing away at the time (dive for a guys belly, he steps back, you end up at his knees, but that's not a penalty in my book.) I love aggression as much as or more than the next man, but not carelessness or recklessness that can put someone in a wheel chair for the rest of their life. Miller doesn't have to play that way to be a Pro Bowl LB, but it wouldn't be right even if he did.

Skacorica
11-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Long post.

Please take this to the "von miller is too nasty thread", it has no place in the von miller destruction megathread

getlynched47
11-21-2011, 12:30 AM
and i suggest he work on his coverage, and not worry about the sack dance. . . his performance is going to let everyone know who he is-- he doesn't need to prance around like that idiot shawne merriman. . . .

http://files.sharenator.com/buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg

Suck it :coffee:

Ziggy
11-21-2011, 12:33 AM
I could be wrong but it seems like Von Miller is all over the field more than Derrick Thomas was. Some times Von was chasing down Plaxico Burress downfield.

Von drops into coverage a lot more than DT did.

broncobryce
11-21-2011, 12:38 AM

If he kills the Qb like he has been, I don't care if he dances around naked.

Joel
11-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Please take this to the "von miller is too nasty thread", it has no place in the von miller destruction megathread
I dispute that last part, but OK.

Nomad
11-21-2011, 11:32 AM

Since the first game against the Chargers, Miller has gotten better and more aggressive. I'm excited for this game to see if he can keep putting QB's on their arses. One thing about Rivers though when he feels the pressure, he does a great job of stepping up in the pocket....need help from the dline to collapse that.

It will be awesome to see Rivers frustrated/pouting, throwing/kicking the ball around after getting off the ground multiple times.

GEM
11-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Miller sent Cassel to the IR. :lol:

tomjonesrocks
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Von Miller restores my faith in Denver's scouting department. With Dareus out there as a legit #2 overall at this team's biggest need Von Miller was not the obvious selection at all.

I was OK with the Von Miller pick but he is not who I would have taken. Props to the Broncos for being right on this one...it was an incredibly important pick to hit on. They made the right pick and it wasn't the pick of least resistance.

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Von Miller restores my faith in Denver's scouting department. With Dareus out there as a legit #2 overall at this team's biggest need Von Miller was not the obvious selection at all.

I was OK with the Von Miller pick but he is not who I would have taken. Props to the Broncos for being right on this one...it was an incredibly important pick to hit on. They made the right pick and it wasn't the pick of least resistance.

EFX did a great job with him. He is awesome and you can tell this a a guy Elway would not want to line up against.

Elway stated he could evaluate defense better then QB, by who he would not want to line up against during a game.

Skacorica
11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
This is downright abuse of Hunter (and Sanchez)
fLpimht0tUM

vhatever
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
We aren't sure if Miller will be retaining the starter position next year unless his interception % goes up. In the interim we have decided to trade dumervil.

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 06:00 PM
We aren't sure if Miller will be retaining the starter position next year unless his interception % goes up. In the interim we have decided to trade dumervil.

I hate your posts so much :mad::mad:

GEM
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I hate your posts so much :mad::mad:

At least you can put him on ignore. :tsk: I can't...

dogfish
11-22-2011, 06:16 PM

no, but you have better resources at your disposal. . . just sayin'. . . .

NightTerror218
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM

The life of a Mod ;)

Skacorica
11-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Reported on the radio: Sanchez was added to the injury report last Tuesday with "lingering issues from the Broncos game."

Just for the record and all.

Skacorica
11-28-2011, 12:59 AM
A little Von Doom Rivers sandwhich

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/phillyburbs.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/33/b3345de9-3a77-54ca-8c91-3fe71432c624/4ed3159c9e541.preview-300.jpg