PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen: "Better keep him around".

TT15Superman
11-18-2011, 04:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7249302/he-was-once-again-awful-most-game-mattered-tim-tebow-came-yet-again

Elway may not be sold, but Bowlen seems to be. In the end, it's still all about money.

RE: #7
He may say the right things, but did anyone see his ho-hum clapping after the game-winning TD?
FWIW, Tatum Bell on WB2 pre/postgame was said to have been jumping around after that TD. Compare that to John's response.

Also, John has painted himself into a corner. "It is our job to make him a great QB."
Well, how can you NOW draft a 1st round QB?

IMO, I think Tebow has (at least) 2-3 years to develop if we finish this year strong.

The Glue Factory
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
:coffee:

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7249302/he-was-once-again-awful-most-game-mattered-tim-tebow-came-yet-again

Elway may not be sold, but Bowlen seems to be. In the end, it's still all about money.

He may say the right things, but did anyone see his ho-hum clapping after the game-winning TD?
FWIW, Tatum Bell on WB2 pre/postgame was said to have been jumping around after that TD. Compare that to John's response.

Elway was said to be whistling and celebrating after the TD. Lindsey Jones reported it in an article.

Northman
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Whatever, John has been there and done that. What did you expect him to do? Jump out the window? lol

The guy is in charge of the business side of the football operations. He looked quite pleased to me. Talk about people looking for shit to bitch about it cant get any more tacky than what garbage you just posted. lol

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Ho-hum clapping after the game winning TD?

You sir are clueless....:coffee:

catfish
11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I think I read on espn.com that he was running through the locker room in excitement

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 04:46 PM
This might be Topscribe reincarnated as a Tebow lover and not an Ortonite.

Northman
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM
This might be Topscribe reincarnated as a Tebow lover and not an Ortonite.

Nah, not even Topscribe would try to drag Elway's name in the mud or make up pathetic crap like this.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I think I read on espn.com that he was running through the locker room in excitement

Yeah, he was taking a cold shower screaming "WOOOOOOOO"......"YEAAAHHHH" just like he did after he won the Superbowl.

TT15Superman
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Ho-hum clapping after the game winning TD?

You sir are clueless....:coffee:Whatever. I must be "clueless" along with the following talking heads ALL DAY.

Let me list who is discussing this:
102.3 The Ticket
104.3 The Fan

Northman
11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Whatever. I must be "clueless" along with the following talking heads ALL DAY.

102.3 The Ticket
104.3 The Fan

Yes, they are clueless just like you.

Softskull
11-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Bowlen says alot of things:

Asked if McDaniels would be back for 2011, Bowlen said more of the same.

"Yes he will," Bowlen said. "I am not interested in making a coaching change."

Tned
11-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Bowlen says alot of things:

Asked if McDaniels would be back for 2011, Bowlen said more of the same.

"Yes he will," Bowlen said. "I am not interested in making a coaching change."

My memory isn't as good as it was a few years back. What was it that Mr. Bowlen said about Cutler after Shanahan was fired?

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Bowlen can't even remember what he ate for breakfast this morning and Elway has already went on record as being "Tebows biggest fan". All John Fox did today in his press conference was gloat over how amazing TT was.

What exactlly are you reading here? Elway cheered louder than most fans at Sports Authority Field last night.

I still don't get it....I'm totally lost on the ho-hum comment.

Northman
11-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Bowlen can't even remember what he ate for breakfast this morning and Elway has already went on record as being "Tebows biggest fan". All John Fox did today in his press conference was gloat over how amazing TT was.

What exactlly are you reading here? Elway cheered louder than most fans at Sports Authority Field last night.

I still don't get it....I'm totally lost on the ho-hum comment.

Honestly, just another ******** gator fan. Thats really all it is.

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM

Easy on the gator fans...we aren't all bad

by the way found this article...Fox explaining the interview that has caused all the ruckus.Much ado about nothing

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19366873?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I didn't read the original article that the quote came from as anything but complimentary, but out of context the "he'd be screwed" sounds bad so that is what got the air time

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 05:15 PM

I know but the first thing the moron Gator fans do is bring up Elway for some reason.

They don't know jack shit about Broncos history and the word Elway shouldnt even come out of their pieholes.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 05:18 PM
It's another conspiracy. The evil Elway is hoping TT will fail so he can move the team to LA.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/ebiwon/major-league-lou-brown.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Also, John has painted himself into a corner. "It is our job to make him a great QB."

IMO, I think Tebow has (at least) 2-3 years to develop if we finish this year strong.

OK - now to add my 2 cents - same as yours, since you feel you are able to label #7's clapping after the game-winning TD as ho-hum, I THINK that #7 was so UPSET that Tebow scored the game winning TD, that he went home and beat the heck out of his wife, and kicked the dog to the curb - TOP THAT

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:23 PM
I think he whom Gators fans should not name was on the fence after the raiders, and saw potential after KC, I think after the Jets he is ready to give Tim the offseason to improve his passing, give him the starts next year and see how it goes. My guess is they draft a QB in the 2nd round(they need one, not a comment on Tebow's play) If Tim looks bad after 5 starts, they put in the new guy and go from there. Not unfair for a 3 year player IMO

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:24 PM
OK - now to add my 2 cents - same as yours, since you feel you are able to label #7's clapping after the game-winning TD as ho-hum, I THINK that #7 was so UPSET that Tebow scored the game winning TD, that he went home and beat the heck out of his wife, and kicked the dog to the curb - TOP THAT

I hear he also shaving creamed Tebow's locker

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I hear he also shaving creamed Tebow's locker

True - and after he did that - he threw Tebow in the locker, locked it, and threw the key away

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:34 PM
True - and after he did that - he threw Tebow in the locker, locked it, and threw the key away

please no-one can lock up Tim Tebow

Blood normally accounts for 13% of a person's total body weight... the other 87% of Tebow is badass. :D

these are so stupid but they still make me chuckle

http://www.madden-live.com/t365-tim-tebow-facts

Northman
11-18-2011, 05:36 PM
please no-one can lock up Tim Tebow

Blood normally accounts for 13% of a person's total body weight... the other 87% of Tebow is badass. :D

these are so stupid but they still make me chuckle

http://www.madden-live.com/t365-tim-tebow-facts

Now see, why cant other gator fans be normal like you? :lol:

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Now see, why cant other gator fans be normal like you? :lol:

I keep telling myself

1. It's just a game

2. Denver never saw Tebow in college why should they love him as much as Gator fans do

3. team is more important than individual

4. life is too short to take yourself seriously have a good time while you are here:beer:

The Glue Factory
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I keep telling myself

1. It's just a game

2. Denver never saw Tebow in college why should they love him as much as Gator fans do

3. team is more important than individual

4. life is too short to take yourself seriously have a good time while you are here:beer:

And to re-iterate...

Why can't all Gator fans be normal like you? :D

getlynched47
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM

102.3 The Ticket
104.3 The Fan

Agreed. All of you dumbasses are clueless :salute:

GEM
11-18-2011, 05:48 PM

102.3 The Ticket
104.3 The Fan

RATINGS.

If they don't bring up the controversial talking head bullshit....who will listen to a sports station for hours on end? Gotta keep it interesting and keep the listener captivated.

John loves Tebow. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
John says Tebow isn't the one. Ok so who is the one. That one guy Luck. That guy is off the board. Ok that guy that plays for USC. He is going to blah, blah. Ok then this guy.

See how it works? Controversy leads to conversation.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Bowlen will NOT let his second starting QB out of Denver a second time after what happened with Cutler.

Den will use a pick on a QB for insurance, but Timmyboy is here to stay.

Tebow haters, get used to him being denver's starter. He'll be behind center in Sept. 2012, I guarantee it.

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
here's one for the Denver purist

fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is called claustrophobia, fear of Von Miller is called logic

smith49
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Catfish = only gator fan I take serious.....even if he doesn't take himself too serious. ;)

getlynched47
11-18-2011, 05:56 PM
here's one for the Denver purist

fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is called claustrophobia, fear of Von Miller is called logic

Taken from a Chuck Norris joke. Weak sauce, bro.

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Catfish = only gator fan I take serious.....even if he doesn't take himself too serious. ;)

appreciate it

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Taken from a Chuck Norris joke. Weak sauce, bro.

they all are...it's half the fun

dogfish
11-18-2011, 05:59 PM
my gawd, it's embarrassing how scared the tebowfags are of elway. . .

getlynched47
11-18-2011, 06:05 PM
There once was a man named Timmy T
When he played we sang with glee
We'd laugh at his throws
and say that he blows,
yet winning is all that we see.

G_Money
11-18-2011, 06:06 PM
This is Tim's only real shot with his current skillset, and Elway has Tebow's nuts - and his future - in a vice. If he goes a different direction, almost nobody is gonna want the headache of Tebow as any sort of backup, and nobody's gonna go all-in on the option to give him time to figure out how to pass.

If Tim fails here this year he might be in the CFL getting taught how to pass while he runs his way to some championships up there.

I don't mind them being scared of Elway, I mind watching them piss their pants every week about him.

I still think they'll be able to calm down a little - not a lot, because they're incapable, but a little - once Tim is actually the QB of the (immediate) future here and they get next year with him.

~G

catfish
11-18-2011, 06:15 PM
This is Tim's only real shot with his current skillset, and Elway has Tebow's nuts - and his future - in a vice. If he goes a different direction, almost nobody is gonna want the headache of Tebow as any sort of backup, and nobody's gonna go all-in on the option to give him time to figure out how to pass.

If Tim fails here this year he might be in the CFL getting taught how to pass while he runs his way to some championships up there.

I don't mind them being scared of Elway, I mind watching them piss their pants every week about him.

I still think they'll be able to calm down a little - not a lot, because they're incapable, but a little - once Tim is actually the QB of the (immediate) future here and they get next year with him.

~G

ehh unfortunately I don't see the conspiracy theories dying down. People are going to believe what they want and twist things to match what they want to see...I suggest either ignoring it or distracting them with larger conspiracies...try the government is collecting your DNA by scanning pennies:tinfoil3:

Thestrategist1
11-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Bowlen will NOT let his second starting QB out of Denver a second time after what happened with Cutler.

Den will use a pick on a QB for insurance, but Timmyboy is here to stay.

Tebow haters, get used to him being denver's starter. He'll be behind center in Sept. 2012, I guarantee it.

Absolutely Agree, It will be Tebow in 2012. I do think Denver will draft a QB but not in the first 3 rounds and the QB they draft will be an option QB in case Tebow goes down...

Locnar
11-18-2011, 06:26 PM
You listen to too much Skip Bayless..

And if you don't, you should. You two would make great friends.

weazel
11-18-2011, 06:36 PM

what did you want him to do, jump up and down and maybe do a little pole dancing?

as for "how do you draft a 1st round QB?" You pick the best player available at your pick, if its a QB then thats what you take.

broncobryce
11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I heard it was Elway running on the field during the game. He did it to save a time out.

catfish
11-18-2011, 06:39 PM
what did you want him to do, jump up and down and maybe do a little pole dancing?

as for "how do you draft a 1st round QB?" You pick the best player available at your pick, if its a QB then thats what you take.

I don't get the feeling that Elway or Fox particularly want an early round QB, I like Lancane's pick of Trent Richardson if you end up in the middle of the first round

GEM
11-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Another one who takes statement, twists it into his own meaning and throws it out there as fact. :rolleyes:

catfish
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Another one who takes statement, twists it into his own meaning and throws it out there as fact. :rolleyes:

me?

GEM
11-18-2011, 06:46 PM
me?

No, not you, silly! The guy who started the thread.

catfish
11-18-2011, 06:59 PM

oh almost made me cry

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i405/cbailey135/100_0344.jpg

dogfish
11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
don't mind GEM, she's a ruthless heartbreaker. . .

claymore
11-18-2011, 08:05 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KAcZ8mQBP2I/Tb22hE0WdeI/AAAAAAAAAIc/JVpu-AFe2Dk/s1600/Beauty+of+Horse+Breeding+Artificial+Insemination.j pg

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Clay, if that's what I think... ewwwwww.

Ironic there are GIRLS doing it!!

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM

One thing he got right was Bowlen saying "Better keep him around"

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I think he whom Gators fans should not name was on the fence after the raiders, and saw potential after KC, I think after the Jets he is ready to give Tim the offseason to improve his passing, give him the starts next year and see how it goes. My guess is they draft a QB in the 2nd round(they need one, not a comment on Tebow's play) If Tim looks bad after 5 starts, they put in the new guy and go from there. Not unfair for a 3 year player IMO

Very well said.....

....from a Gator fan.

The raider game was so huge for him. It really solidified him starting the rest of the season. TT could lose the next 5 games and they still would start him the 6th game just for the simple fact he spanked the silver and black.

Elway and Fox seem to really be ALL IN with TT and when you listen to the guys in the locker room they are ALL on board with him as the QB.

I would go as far as to say secretly that Orton has a man crush on him.

nflfan
11-18-2011, 08:52 PM
What cannot be denied is how much of a buzz Tebow brings to the Broncos on a nationwide scale. He has rabid fans, as well as staunch detractors. Add this publicity to the tickets and jersey sales, and Bowlen will want to ride this for all it's worth.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Easy on the gator fans...we aren't all bad

by the way found this article...Fox explaining the interview that has caused all the ruckus.Much ado about nothing

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19366873?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I didn't read the original article that the quote came from as anything but complimentary, but out of context the "he'd be screwed" sounds bad so that is what got the air time

There's a few of youse guys are OK or coming around. Jaxgirl is fine and pretty much has been since the start, lgenf is coming around after a rocky debut, etc.

Jagsbch is posting somewhere else from the terminal at a county mental health facility so the worst of the lot is gone

ShooterJM
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
There's a few of youse guys are OK or coming around. Jaxgirl is fine and pretty much has been since the start, lgenf is coming around after a rocky debut, etc.

Jagsbch is posting somewhere else from the terminal at a county mental health facility so the worst of the lot is gone

Gator fans are some of the best and worst in college football. Unrivaled passion and sometimes not in a good way.

I make it a point to not visit the gator boards after a loss. :D

catfish
11-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Gator fans are some of the best and worst in college football. Unrivaled passion and sometimes not in a good way.

I make it a point to not visit the gator boards after a loss. :D

or an ugly win....this board ain't got nothing on them when they win by 14 and think they should have won by 30 :)

HORSEPOWER 56
11-18-2011, 11:08 PM
don't mind GEM, she's a ruthless heartbreaker. . .

With a nice rack... :naughty:

Chidoze
11-19-2011, 02:17 AM
IMHO, if Matt Barkley is there when the Broncos draft, & they DON'T draft him, they'd be stupid.

Tebow is fun to watch, but he needs to improve vastly. I was kinda high on him last night after that win, I think a lot of people were. But the reality is, he's a great leader, a great inspiration, terrible passer.

Davii
11-19-2011, 03:00 AM
IMHO, if Matt Barkley is there when the Broncos draft, & they DON'T draft him, they'd be stupid.

Tebow is fun to watch, but he needs to improve vastly. I was kinda high on him last night after that win, I think a lot of people were. But the reality is, he's a great leader, a great inspiration, terrible passer.

Nothing wrong with his passing that can't be taught or fixed. Heart, intensity, work ethic, leadership, and "it" can't be taught.

He will improve, have faith.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 06:38 AM

No they wouldnt. I'd pass on Barkley all day. It would be better to get someone like Foles. Barkley is overrated. And the odds of him having what Tebow has is virtually nil.

lgenf
11-19-2011, 07:48 AM

Jeez guys you're making me blush....:lol:

claymore
11-19-2011, 09:59 AM

A dude on ESPN said last night "He is Superman. But his left arm is kryptonite".

Bowlen needs to throw all the money in the world at fixing that arm this offseason.

Love Tebow, absolutley love the dude, but he has to throw the ball to take us to the next level.

About Barkley,... This team needs a drama free year. I think at this point Tebow played himself into the right to start with zero worries next year.

FlyByU
11-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Whatever, John has been there and done that. What did you expect him to do? Jump out the window? lol

The guy is in charge of the business side of the football operations. He looked quite pleased to me. Talk about people looking for shit to bitch about it cant get any more tacky than what garbage you just posted. lol

I agree i think it was more of a shock to him and very pleased with what happened. I know that was my feelings...

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I dont get the criticism of Elway's "golf clap" either. He did actually stand up when Tebow scored the TD.

rationalfan
11-19-2011, 10:25 AM

Yeah, it's in the same article that this guy is trying to suggest as proof for elway's disinterest in tebow.

ShooterJM
11-19-2011, 10:30 AM
No they wouldnt. I'd pass on Barkley all day. It would be better to get someone like Foles. Barkley is overrated. And the odds of him having what Tebow has is virtually nil.

Yeah, I'm not sold on a lot of the "sure thing" QB's in this draft. I'd rather they address team needs and pick up someone in the 4-5th round. Also give webber a real shot at #2.

jhildebrand
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
My memory isn't as good as it was a few years back. What was it that Mr. Bowlen said about Cutler after Shanahan was fired?

Something about Cutledr being the man around here and having input as to the coaching selection.

Bowlen on Shanahan: He is the coach for life.

Let's add another one: Bowlen after the firing of Shanahan in a statement to fans promised a GM.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah, it's in the same article that this guy is trying to suggest as proof for elway's disinterest in tebow.

He really did not look that happy to me, either. I think life would have been a lot easier for Elway had this team been a total loser this year and tebow showed nothing and choked games away.

Now elway has a lot of very serious and very difficult decisions to make. Had they been a total failure this season, Elways job was a lot easier. Now he is completely in uncharted waters, and whatever decisions he makes will affect his legacy.

smageneration
11-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I've heard from multiple sources that Elway gave Tebow a reach around on the field following the Jets game

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 01:01 PM
He really did not look that happy to me, either. I think life would have been a lot easier for Elway had this team been a total loser this year and tebow showed nothing and choked games away.

Now elway has a lot of very serious and very difficult decisions to make. Had they been a total failure this season, Elways job was a lot easier. Now he is completely in uncharted waters, and whatever decisions he makes will affect his legacy.

For years people have talked about how competitive Elway is. There's one famous story of how he sold a pool table after owning it for only a couple of days because he lost a game on it and was pissed.

So the idea that Elway would rather be losing right now is a little hard to reconcile.

And for the people who suggest that Elway would have preferred to be losing, they're basically calling his legendary competitiveness a farce.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 01:13 PM
For years people have talked about how competitive Elway is. There's one famous story of how he sold a pool table after owning it for only a couple of days because he lost a game on it and was pissed.

So the idea that Elway would rather be losing right now is a little hard to reconcile.

And for the people who suggest that Elway would have preferred to be losing, they're basically calling his legendary competitiveness a farce.

The difference here is the scope of "winning". Elway wants to win, sure. SUPERBOWLS.

DenBronx
11-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Only if he's still there in the 5th round.

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 01:29 PM
For ****'s Sake. Now he's not celebrating ENOUGH!?

Idiots.

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 01:33 PM
RATINGS.

If they don't bring up the controversial talking head bullshit....who will listen to a sports station for hours on end? Gotta keep it interesting and keep the listener captivated.

John loves Tebow. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
John says Tebow isn't the one. Ok so who is the one. That one guy Luck. That guy is off the board. Ok that guy that plays for USC. He is going to blah, blah. Ok then this guy.

See how it works? Controversy leads to conversation.

I just can't see any of the radio hosts I've listened to in Denver, Vic and Gary, Alfred Stink and DMac, Spano, Clough bringing this up for any other reason than just to laugh at how stupid it is.

catfish
11-19-2011, 01:42 PM
I just can't see any of the radio hosts I've listened to in Denver, Vic and Gary, Alfred Stink and DMac, Spano, Clough bringing this up for any other reason than just to laugh at how stupid it is.

Tebow is actually an allstar football player from 1939 sent forward in time by the scientists of the Manhattan Project to somehow avert a disaster by converting the NFL to an all running league. Apparently throwing spirals somehow tears the fabric of space time and thus must be stopped. When you think about it it explains everything...style of play, higher moral stance, unwillingness to throw a spiral. I bet you can't provide evidence to the contrary:foilhat:

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 01:46 PM
The difference here is the scope of "winning". Elway wants to win, sure. SUPERBOWLS.

There is no difference. Losing is losing.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 01:52 PM
There is no difference. Losing is losing.

ROFLMAO. And you are the guy saying people don't know Elway?

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 01:53 PM
ROFLMAO. And you are the guy saying people don't know Elway?

That doesn't make any sense either.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 02:01 PM
That doesn't make any sense either.

Elway would have traded every win he ever had and everything he ever had in the world to win a superbowl at one point. You are the one who doesn't make any sense,

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Elway would have traded every win he ever had and everything he ever had in the world to win a superbowl at one point. You are the one who doesn't make any sense,

Last I checked, you have to win games to make it to the Super Bowl. You don't just parachute into the Super Bowl with no wins.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Last I checked, you have to win games to make it to the Super Bowl. You don't just parachute into the Super Bowl with no wins.

Oh gee, really? I never knew that.

Nice red herring, though.

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh gee, really? I never knew that.

Nice red herring, though.

It was your stupid comment about trading wins for SBs.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Drag a window over his clapping hands and tell me his face says "I'm happy right now". His face is closer to "get off my lawn kid or I'm gonna go get my gun".

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3577/elwayunhappy.png

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 02:48 PM
"This bickering is pointless." - Grand Moff Tarkin

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 02:55 PM
...and I'm not taking sides but Elway WAS happy. What'd you expect him to do?

vhatever
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
...and I'm not taking sides but Elway WAS happy. What'd you expect him to do?

How about not furrowing his brow? How about not FROWNING.

I don't know many people who frown when they are happy. None, actually. How about you?

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 02:58 PM
He frowned???

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 02:59 PM
:speechless:

vhatever
11-19-2011, 03:00 PM
He frowned???

What do you call it when the corners of someone's mouth point down relative to their lips?
http://disablednotunable.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Smile_Vs_Frown.jpg

Really not rocket science.

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Wow.

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I cant wait for the pecan pie this Thanksgiving. I like mince pie too.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 03:10 PM

Oh ya, pecan pie. Most favorite thing in the world.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/421.gif

wayninja
11-19-2011, 03:14 PM
How about not furrowing his brow? How about not FROWNING.

I don't know many people who frown when they are happy. None, actually. How about you?

I also don't know many people who stand up an clap when they are unhappy. Your loony shit gets loonier every day.

catfish
11-19-2011, 03:16 PM

I got a good recipe for a pumpkin gingerbread trifle...it is pretty much amazing

vhatever
11-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I also don't know many people who stand up an clap when they are unhappy. Your loony shit gets loonier every day.

So you have never stood up and clapped when you felt socially obligated to do so?

You get out much?

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I got a good recipe for a pumpkin gingerbread trifle...it is pretty much amazing

Awesome!

I like pumpkin too, but some people use too much ginger or nutmeg in their various pumpkin recipes and kill it.

wayninja
11-19-2011, 03:24 PM
So you have never stood up and clapped when you felt socially obligated to do so?

You get out much?

No, I'm too busy taking vid-caps of Elways face and analyzing it for any trace of Tebow conspiracy. That pretty much consumes too much time to look for places to stand up and clap out of social obligation condescendingly believing that my facial expressions won't give away my true, insidious feelings.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 03:35 PM
No, I'm too busy taking vid-caps of Elways face and analyzing it for any trace of Tebow conspiracy. That pretty much consumes too much time to look for places to stand up and clap out of social obligation condescendingly believing that my facial expressions won't give away my true, insidious feelings.

Ya, facial expressions are complicated stuff. I can understand your aversion.

getlynched47
11-19-2011, 03:35 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/33y2xz9.jpg

wayninja
11-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Ya, facial expressions are complicated stuff. I can understand your aversion.

Oh, I get it now. Everyone looks yellow to you. You are a racist. That explains a lot.

Tned
11-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Something about Cutledr being the man around here and having input as to the coaching selection.

Bowlen on Shanahan: He is the coach for life.

Let's add another one: Bowlen after the firing of Shanahan in a statement to fans promised a GM.

If you want to add another, how about Mr. Bowlen's interview with AOL where he said that McDaniels would be back as Broncos head coach in 2011, and then they fired him a week later.

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I think Bowlen realizes he made a lot of mistakes.

The biggest was letting Cutler go initially and allowing McD to wheel and deal the franchise down the toilet.

If Tebow delivers the Broncos 7 wins in his starts, Bowlen, Elway and Co. HAVE NO CHOICE but to try and make tebow better, and investing in players around him. Tebow has become a goldmine for this team and has put them on the path to relevancy.

NO WAY will they further piss off a fanbase who still has a bitter taste in their mouths after letting all their players go/traded by pissing off this guy. If Denver finishes with Tebow winning 7-8 games it's a done deal. Tebow is here to stay.

If they SOMEHOW make the playoffs? They'll probably redo his deal!

Tned
11-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I think Bowlen realizes he made a lot of mistakes.

The biggest was letting Cutler go initially and allowing McD to wheel and deal the franchise down the toilet.

If Tebow delivers the Broncos 7 wins in his starts, Bowlen, Elway and Co. HAVE NO CHOICE but to try and make tebow better, and investing in players around him. Tebow has become a goldmine for this team and has put them on the path to relevancy.

NO WAY will they further piss off a fanbase who still has a bitter taste in their mouths after letting all their players go/traded by pissing off this guy. If Denver finishes with Tebow winning 7-8 games it's a done deal. Tebow is here to stay.

If they SOMEHOW make the playoffs? They'll probably redo his deal!

Why would they redo his deal?

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I've got to admit, I'm starting to warm up to this theory.

I mean, why would Elway want the Broncos to win? Winning makes no sense at all if you're Elway.

chazoe60
11-19-2011, 04:19 PM
I've got to admit, I'm starting to warm up to this theory.

I mean, why would Elway want the Broncos to win? Winning makes no sense at all if you're Elway.

If he can keep the Broncos from winning then he'll always be the man around here.

It's pretty logical actually. Jugs knows all the inside shit.

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Why would they redo his deal?

Commitment. What's he at, 10 mill for 5 years with incentives? After the team started 1-4, 4-12 last year, bouncing back into the playoffs this year would surpass everyone's expectations and likely would earn a long term commitment IF they were going to make him their long term QB. After all he'll have only two years left on his deal next season, and if he's the FT starter, it could make sense to lock him in.

Tned
11-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Commitment. What's he at, 10 mill for 5 years with incentives? After the team started 1-4, 4-12 last year, bouncing back into the playoffs this year would surpass everyone's expectations and likely would earn a long term commitment IF they were going to make him their long term QB. After all he'll have only two years left on his deal next season, and if he's the FT starter, it could make sense to lock him in.

I don't see it. Tebow is under contract through 2014, so three years after this one. There is no way they extend him until after next season at the soonest, and likely not even then unless he turns into an elite QB and leads the Broncos deep into the playoffs next year (this year won't matter).

vhatever
11-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't think they will be worrying about it. Tebow isn't guy driven by money. And assuming he does stay the QB until his current contract is up, I bet he's the guy that's gonna want to stick around, with no crazy demands for tons of cash.

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Tebow isn't guy driven by money

No but think of all the sick Phillipine kids he could halp and Churches he can build with more money LOL

I'm kidding.

claymore
11-19-2011, 06:56 PM

No but think of all the sick Phillipine kids he could halp and Churches he can build with more money LOL

I'm kidding.

Id rather him rid the gangs out of Denver than worry about Jalepeno kids. But, its his money I guess.

vhatever
11-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Id rather him rid the gangs out of Denver than worry about Jalepeno kids. But, its his money I guess.

Jalepeno?

Tebow isn't a billionaire or something. Money-wise nothing he can do there is going to make a dent in denver. In the Philippines though 1 US dollar is like 50 dollars. So just a couple million dollars can do a lot.

dogfish
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
But, its his money I guess.

"Hey Clay, 'ppreciate that."

- Tim Tebow

TXBRONC
11-19-2011, 09:03 PM

Then John went out into the parking lot slashed the tires on Tebow's car.

nflfan
11-19-2011, 11:12 PM

I'm kidding.

That's the great thing with Tebow. His NFL career is already a success, because through it, he's already been able to make a significant impact on what he knows are the really important things.

wayninja
11-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Then John went out into the parking lot slashed the tires on Tebow's car.

Um...everyone knows he doesn't have a car. He levitates everywhere.

dogfish
11-20-2011, 01:03 AM

only when there's no water nearby to walk on. . . .

MOtorboat
11-20-2011, 08:41 AM
If Tebow is emerging as a future star at quarterback next year, he and his agent will demand just as much money as any other comparable quarterback when it comes time to negotiate a contract.

TXBRONC
11-20-2011, 08:47 AM

Nope he's just a man even he admits that.

claymore
11-20-2011, 11:14 AM
If Tebow is emerging as a future star at quarterback next year, he and his agent will demand just as much money as any other comparable quarterback when it comes time to negotiate a contract.

Thats a problem Id like to have. :D

Foochacho
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM

As they should, to say he isn't driven by money is absurd (look at the commercial endorsements). He wants to make as much as he can when he can. I feel he would easily resign with us if we give him what he is looking for, but if we let him test the market and our offer is nowhere close he would pack up. I am sure he will put his money to less selfish needs but it's crazy to not get what you can out of the league. The more money he makes the more he can do for others, good for him.

Can't believe we are talking about contract negotiations, a few years too early, and not even sure if he will remain the QB next year.

BroncoJoe
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Eh - I just don't see Tebow making outrageous demands like other players would. Reports said he told his agent to accept the Broncos offer after minimal negotiations when he was drafted, even though his agent felt they could do better.

Foochacho
11-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Eh - I just don't see Tebow making outrageous demands like other players would. Reports said he told his agent to accept the Broncos offer after minimal negotiations when he was drafted, even though his agent felt they could do better.

He just felt bad because he wasn't expecting first round.:D

MOtorboat
11-20-2011, 12:09 PM

I don't think he'd ever make outrageous demands or hold out, but he'll ask to be compensated the same as any other quarterback. And I think he deserves that if he proves he can sustain winning.

Ben Roethlisberger, minus the off the field problems, is what I have envisioned.

wayninja
11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't think he'd ever make outrageous demands or hold out, but he'll ask to be compensated the same as any other quarterback. And I think he deserves that if he proves he can sustain winning.

Ben Roethlisberger, minus the off the field problems, is what I have envisioned.

I think the only 'demand' that this kid makes is that he continues as a QB. Despite the success he's having, I can't see a lot of teams willing to let him be the starter. If the Broncos will let him be the started, the rest should be easy to negotiate.

ShooterJM
11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't see them redoing his contract until the end of next season. I'd guess they want to see how much improvement has taken place with a full offseason of work and another year as a starter. If he makes significant strides I'd think they'd start looking at locking him up. If not, they'll look at what the options are.

TT15Superman
11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Vic&Gary this morning:
"John, are you any closer to answering your QB question after Thursday night?"

John:
"ummmmmmm. No."

just saying.... ho hum.

Mike
11-21-2011, 11:25 AM
:rolleyes:

TT15Superman
11-21-2011, 11:32 AM