PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Miller puts nasty back in orange and blue

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
The prayers of the Broncos answered, quarterback Tim Tebow​ knelt in prayer at midfield of the stadium after a rousing 17-13 victory against the New York Jets​. A congregation of believers wearing No. 15 chanted Tebow's name. This is his church.

But this miracle run by Denver is being led by linebacker Von Miller. The Broncos are his team. Miller has put the nasty back in orange and blue.

"No matter what the play call is, no matter what happens, no matter what adversity presents itself, we just keep grinding," Miller said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19362959

jhildebrand
11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
I LOVE me some Von Miller.

He is going under the radar due to all the Tebow talk. He needs to be DROY.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I LOVE me some Von Miller.

He is going under the radar due to all the Tebow talk. He needs to be DROY.

Oh, I'm sure he's going to get that. I don't think there is anyone else even in the discussion. that said, he needs to be a little more white(reggie) and little less suh. getting a bad rep is not good and theese borderline late hits could haunt him and the team for a long time to come when they start pennalizing the team for every 50/50 late hit/roughing/etc. calls.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Christmas I am buying 2 jerseys a Von Miller for me and a Tebow for the wife!!!!!!

Thestrategist1
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Hell yeah!!!!

MOtorboat
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Saw the stat line on PFT, 10 tackles, four quarterback hits, three tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and a pass deflected.

He is a beast.

Oh, I'm sure he's going to get that. I don't think there is anyone else even in the discussion. that said, he needs to be a little more white(reggie) and little less suh. getting a bad rep is not good and theese borderline late hits could haunt him and the team for a long time to come when they start pennalizing the team for every 50/50 late hit/roughing/etc. calls.

Shaddup.

TIA

wayninja
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM

I'll worry about it when it happens. I'd rather the guy just play without holding back. I'll gladly exchange a few penalties for QB's being nervous in the pocket.

HammeredOut
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
This is Von Miller's team no doubt. The shutdown defense is one of the best. Von Miller will be a HOF someday.

Poet
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
It looks like you guys have the next elite linebacker in the game. He was solid against the run as well.

I never understood why fans wouldn't want a guy who was considered 'dirty'. Lawrence Taylor, Rod Woodson, Rodney Harrison, Hines Ward, Ray Lewis, etc etc etc.

When you have a guy like that, and he's that good, you just be happy that he's on YOUR team.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I'll worry about it when it happens. I'd rather the guy just play without holding back. I'll gladly exchange a few penalties for QB's being nervous in the pocket.

He's perfectly capable of doing that without late shots on QBs. It won't just be penalties, either, but retaliation.

Denvernut707
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Simply amazing and this is only the beginning. Tebow takes so much pressure off all the individuals on this team and Miller is a direct beneficiary of dumervilles post contract play. Without Miller and his fast thinking maybe dirty Sanchez hits Holmes on that slant which he would have walked in the endzone with. I got no sleep and have never seen anything like this.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 01:15 PM
He's perfectly capable of doing that without late shots on QBs. It won't just be penalties, either, but retaliation.

That's what football is. 60 minutes of as much retaliation as you can get away with.

Those 'late' shots weren't called. Nothing further to discuss. If you don't think the other team would do it if they could get away with it, your nuts.

MOtorboat
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
That's what football is. 60 minutes of as much retaliation as you can get away with.

Those 'late' shots weren't called. Nothing further to discuss. If you don't think the other team would do it if they could get away with it, your nuts.

It's actually a testament to how smart Miller is. He's learned quickly that you can get away with a little more by using a shoulder and hitting in the mid section.

claymore
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM

Whatever dude. I like him the way he is.

claymore
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
It looks like you guys have the next elite linebacker in the game. He was solid against the run as well.

I never understood why fans wouldn't want a guy who was considered 'dirty'. Lawrence Taylor, Rod Woodson, Rodney Harrison, Hines Ward, Ray Lewis, etc etc etc.

When you have a guy like that, and he's that good, you just be happy that he's on YOUR team.

Hell yeah, its refreshing watching a guy with some moxy as opposed to the sally's we have had on D the last few years.

Poet
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Hell yeah, its refreshing watching a guy with some moxy as opposed to the sally's we have had on D the last few years.

I've never heard a Steeler fan say "God I just wish James Harrison would tone it down with those questionable hits."

CoachChaz
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
When Cassell and Sanchez are done recovering from all the kidney shots...ask them what they think. Hit a QB in the head and he gets a concussion and forgets about it. Hit him in the kidneys and he pisses blood and remembers your name.

Von is a stud. Period.

claymore
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I've never heard a Steeler fan say "God I just wish James Harrison would tone it down with those questionable hits."
We arent talking about a Bronco fan. We are talking about a Tebow fan. Broncos fans love it im sure. I would have been cool with him holding Snachez down and giving him a wedgy after the hit.

When Cassell and Sanchez are done recovering from all the kidney shots...ask them what they think. Hit a QB in the head and he gets a concussion and forgets about it. Hit him in the kidneys and he pisses blood and remembers your name.

Von is a stud. Period.

Hell Yeah. Von is the man.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 01:49 PM

Did you seriously just compare the steelers defense and the broncos?

Poet
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Did you seriously just compare the steelers defense and the broncos?

No.......I...wow.....ummm...errr....

Not only did I NOT compare the defenses, I think you missed the point as well.

This is embarrassing.

Tned
11-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Saw the stat line on PFT, 10 tackles, four quarterback hits, three tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and a pass deflected.

He is a beast.

Shaddup.

TIA

The pass deflected doesn't really capture it, because I'm pretty sure without him getting his hands on it, that Holmes would have scored a TD. He had a step and position on Champ and it looked like Sanchez would have hit him but for Miller's deflection.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
No.......I...wow.....ummm...errr....

Not only did I NOT compare the defenses, I think you missed the point as well.

This is embarrassing.

Do you want to get into a retaliation filled game against the steelers? No one does. Maybe the ravens. Now do you understand the difference?

Tned
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Do you want to get into a retaliation filled game against the steelers? No one does. Maybe the ravens. Now do you understand the difference?

The Jets and NY area media were spouting off about how they were going to hit Tebow every opportunity they could, hit him so hard he would forget how to run, or some crap like that.

EVERY team hits the other QB as hard and often as possible. In this case, the Jets QB got what the Jets said they were going to do to Tebow

Poet
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM

What the **** are you talking about? Oh my god, I remember that one time that the Steelers player got hit late and then Ryan Clark shot him and his family in the face eight times.

This retaliation 'plot' is bullshit, not wanting a beast who plays like Von Miller is stupid and I'm pretty sure that you STILL didn't get the original point.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
The Jets and NY area media were spouting off about how they were going to hit Tebow every opportunity they could, hit him so hard he would forget how to run, or some crap like that.

EVERY team hits the other QB as hard and often as possible. In this case, the Jets QB got what the Jets said they were going to do to Tebow

It's not about hitting anyone hard. It's about cheap shots, either late or ones intended to cause injuries. Like taking someone out at the knees from their blind side or helmet to helmet.

claymore
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM

Tebow will protect us.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 02:33 PM

No, let's put our skirts on and go shoe shopping instead.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 02:49 PM
With all of the Tebow hype this story of Von Miller has gone unnoticed in the national media until last night. Us fans know who he is and have seen him do it all year. Now, everyone will know who Von Miller and and how dangerous he can be on the football field.

DROY?

Screw that, how about ROY!!??

Poet
11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
With all of the Tebow hype this story of Von Miller has gone unnoticed in the national media until last night. Us fans know who he is and have seen him do it all year. Now, everyone will know who Von Miller and and how dangerous he can be on the football field.

DROY?

Screw that, how about ROY!!??

I see your Von Miller and raise you an A.J. Green.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 04:29 PM

I like AJ Green but is he even better than Cam Newton or Andy Dalton this year?

Von Miller is a game changer and is what Clay Matthews was last year. I look at all of the defensive players this year, Darius, Fairley, PP ect. and none of them have done as well as Von Miller has. Newton started off hot but has fizzled and he is the only other rookie that I could say stands out. Andy Dalton should get alot of praise though, not bad for a rookie QB.

But yeah, VM has totally helped transfored a very bad Denver defense into something special.

At the very least I think he is on pace to win DROY.

MOtorboat
11-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Child. Please.

Poet
11-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Child. Please.

He's clearly the superior player at the moment. It's true Mo, it's true.

Skacorica
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Sanchez looked to me after every play like the kid whos been beat up at school every day for a week but parents make him keep walking to school alone.

I swear he threw one in the dirt on that last drive just because Von *started* to come through the hole; probably 8 yards away still.

gregbroncs
11-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Sanchez looked to me after every play like the kid whos been beat up at school every day for a week but parents make him keep walking to school alone.

I swear he threw one in the dirt on that last drive just because Von *started* to come through the hole; probably 8 yards away still.I saw that as well. He looked scared on a # of occasions.

Not really a Tebow fan but I would take him over Sanchez. I've never seen Tebow play scared like that.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 07:16 PM
He's clearly the superior player at the moment. It's true Mo, it's true.

By no means. Von Miller has been a game changer. Green has been a very good WR.

Poet
11-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Green just got triple coverage from Pittsburgh AFTER an injury.

That's stuff teams do to guys like Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson.

VM is a hoss, but gets a lot of help out playing with an elite pass rusher.

What elite player is helping AJ? He's doing it with rookie qb too.

I'm sorry, but its green.

dogfish
11-18-2011, 09:58 PM
what elite player was helping von earlier when elvis was hurt, you pathetic homer?

:D

HORSEPOWER 56
11-18-2011, 11:15 PM
I would have been cool with him holding Snachez down and giving him a wedgy after the hit.

Instant classic! :lol::lol::lol:

Agent of Orange
11-19-2011, 09:36 AM
We better get used to seeing screens. The Jets throwing so many is an acknowledment of our lethal pass rush. The thing is that the Jets were doing a lot of things to try to counter our pass rush but VonDoom still had 3 sacks and numerous pressures.

Nomad
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
It's actually a testament to how smart Miller is. He's learned quickly that you can get away with a little more by using a shoulder and hitting in the mid section.

Von is a stud. Period.

Right on! Nothing more to add from what you both said!

Joel
11-19-2011, 11:26 AM

You can be tough, even down right mean, without being dirty; we don't have to be the Raiders and shouldn't try. I like Miller, a lot, but dislike the late hits and spearing. That's not because it could cost the Broncos 15 yards and an automatic first down, or prompt opposing teams to "get even" by head hunting our QB, but because that kind of illegal play is wrong in itself (which is why it's illegal, not "part of the game.") Football is an athletic competition, not a blood sport. Hit them hard, make them fear you, but do it legal and without intentional injury. We don't need another Romanowski intentionally breaking the legs of former teammates and, ending the careers of current ones and unapologetically telling the media that he intentionally broke Dave Meggets finger "like a chicken bone" when he realized he couldn't get the ball away at the bottom of a pile. That's not sporting competition, it's savage sadism; it doesn't demonstrate anyones superior athleticism or ability, only their inferior humanity.

It's not about hitting anyone hard. It's about cheap shots, either late or ones intended to cause injuries. Like taking someone out at the knees from their blind side or helmet to helmet.
Precisely. There is a difference between trying to inflict pain to intimidate and trying to inflict injury to incapacitate. Unfortunately, some coaches actively and explicitly teach their players to do the latter, to the extent that a lot of people both on the field and in the stands genuinely feel it a legitimate and integral part of the game. The one good thing that might come from the League putting defenders in straight jackets (unless they're tackling runners, of course; then the only rule is "don't carry a loaded gun") is that attitude might begin to change. There's also a big difference between a devastating legal hit before the whistle or the QB releasing a ball and an illegal one after those acts. There were a couple times Thursday when Miller took an extra step after Sanchez released a ball, and a couple others where he led with his helmet, both of which are illegal for a reason; worse, that game was not the first time we've seen Miller do that. That kind of play is unnecessary and entirely avoidable, which is why it's illegal. I like Miller a lot; he's fast, tough, smart and versatile, but he can be all those things and just as effective LEGALLY. I don't think I've ever heard Reggie White accused of playing weak OR dirty (though there is a great story of him legally making an opposing player regret refusing to stop swearing at him.)