PDA

View Full Version : I'm ALL IN for TEBOW

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm all in with Tim Tebow. If you aren't in with Tebow yet, nothing else will.

I get all the negatives about him. I do. But he has breathed life into a franchise that was on the verge of stagnation, and gives Denver national awareness that has not been seen since the 90's.

He has that 'it' factor, all the intangibles and leadership. He makes the entire team better in the same way John Elway did (NOT comparing him as a QB), he inspires greatness and brings an indomitable will to win.

The Broncos office MUST realize that they have a diamond in the rough. Keep Tim Tebow as their QB and build the team around him for 2012. Work on his passing mechanics the whole offseason. All of Tebow's issues are coachable and teachable. Make him attend a QB passing camp if necessary in the offseason. Of course he has issues with timing, mechanics and throws, he can still be even better as there is a mountain of untapped potential. With a whole offseason working on this stuff, he can be more polished and prepared next year.

Orton and Quinn are done here and obviously know it. Draft another young talent at QB to develop for insurance and bring in a cagey veteran backup to assist Tebow and in the event he gets hurt.

The Broncos management owe it to Tebow. Denver went from left for dead to a legit playoff possibility. The talking heads talk as much about the Broncos as the Packers.

He has given us something Denver has needed since Elway retired - a national star.

This is a great time to be a Broncos fan, especially after the McDaniels disaster and last year's awful 4-12 Season.

for the first time in a long time, Denver has became a doomsday opponent. In their postgame interviews, I've never seen fat-mouthed Rex Ryan look and act so crushed and defeated. Sanchez has shown he has no confidence left. The Broncos likely just finished off a legitimate playoff contender in the NY Jets. I personally am delighted they lost living in Jetsville, but it's GREAT to see the Broncos able to do that again.

It's incredible to think 8-8 is a real possibibility, and that would be a great improvement after 2010. Anything over that is more than I could have expected this season, and I thank Tim for that.

I also thank the Broncos staff, for contouring the offense to fit Tebow and give him a chance to win.

I know most of this has been said already, but for me as a fan I have to say it again, for me personally.

This is a great time to be a Broncos fan. To all my brothers and sisters here, I hope you are enjoying how this team has turned things around as much as I have.

jhildebrand
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I only wish he started week 1 as I felt like he should have!!!!!

Wonder what McD is thinking right about now :lol:

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 12:14 PM
I have concerns but I'm still enjoying this run of success.

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM
I shave concerns but I'm still enjoying this run of success.

this makes like no sense. what in the eff are you getting at?

slim
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I shave my back.

Nut, do you shave your head?

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I shave my back.

Nut, do you shave your head?

It's hard to maintain because I can actully grow hair. I usually just buzz it with clippers. I haven't let it grow out in quite a while. I shave it with a razor quite infrequently actually. I hate the way my hair grows in.

G_Money
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Before the game, the NFL crew asked Elway if he'd sat time down and talked to Tebow about how to improve as a passer and a QB, since he's obviously lacking.

Elway said something along the lines of no he really hadn't, since Tim has coaches for that and too much input can confuse a young player. But he said he WOULD get together with him over the offseason to help him be more prepared for next year.

That was the first real confirmation I'd heard that Elway was on board continuing the Tebow Experiment into next year.

I don't think we're drafting a top QB in the draft next year. Get Harnish or somebody in the later rounds as a more mobile backup and option-type, perhaps...

But it sounds to me from the sounds coming out of Dove Valley even BEFORE last night's heroics that they're planning on an extended Tebow trial, not a 90 day thing.

I wondered if John would value the It Factor over being able to throw a pretty ball.

Looks like he might, figuring that he can teach Tebow to throw like an Orton-type but can't get an Orton-type to win like a Tebow.

~G

Softskull
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm very glad Tebow is starting and agree that he should have since the beginning of the season. But this run of games has the same feeling that I had when McD won his first six here. I enjoyed it, but it still felt like smoke and mirror wins. Emotionally, I love that kid. Reasonably, he can't ******* throw.

We all knew Fox was going to try to install a run first offense and a hard nosed defense when he got here. I think Tebow's major contribution has been not turning the ball over. With Orton in the game we were -7 and with Tebow in the game (and a healthy Champ and Doom) we're +3. Most of the time that's enough to win close games.

weazel
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
we have the leagues best QB that can't throw the ball!!

HammeredOut
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
I think only completing 21 passes and going 3-0 is some kind of NFL record. I don't mind his 18% third down conversion percentage either. Aslong as the Defense gives the Offense a chance to win the game. The Jets did it with Mark Sanchaz back in 09', whereas Sanchaz only had to put up 17 points to win any of his games, maybe this kind of play out of Tebow brings the best from our Defense. I like this inspired play.

Lets watched the pass rush blow by Tebow, and watch Tebow do his thing when he has too. I liked they saved him till the last drive. I don't think the Jets watched the Lions Defense on the soft cover 2 zone packages, and rather then letting Tebow read his check downs in soft coverage, the Jets didn't account for the edges on the blitz packages. That may be due because they are use to rushing the inside so effectively, that with Tebow staying in the Pocket for most of the night, the Broncos waited and saved those Tebow plays for the right time.

This is also another win for the Broncos :defense: Aslong as the Broncos can stay close in any of the games, Tebow can always get those much needed yards on the ground. He may not be the most dynamic passer, he still makes up for it with his legs. I like the spread option to edge, with the bubble screens. This team is just lacking elite speed on the edge of the option.

Who better for the Broncos to sign as an edge rusher then Graig Cooper who was waived by the Eagles in september. Derrick Locke could also be an option. The team needs to find some speed to the outside, and this spread option will look beautiful.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm very glad Tebow is starting and agree that he should have since the beginning of the season. But this run of games has the same feeling that I had when McD won his first six here. I enjoyed it, but it still felt like smoke and mirror wins. Emotionally, I love that kid. Reasonably, he can't ******* throw.

We all knew Fox was going to try to install a run first offense and a hard nosed defense when he got here. I think Tebow's major contribution has been not turning the ball over. With Orton in the game we were -7 and with Tebow in the game (and a healthy Champ and Doom) we're +3. Most of the time that's enough to win close games.

He can throw. Some of his receivers can't catch though. Tebow had 4-5 passes dropped last night that should have been caught. For the last three games now that's been the case. Half the incmpletions are dropped passes. I the fact tebow can even hit hhis receivers hands when his number 1 receiver wouldn't be a number 3 receiver in 90% of other teams is amazing in and of itself.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Before the game, the NFL crew asked Elway if he'd sat time down and talked to Tebow about how to improve as a passer and a QB, since he's obviously lacking.

Elway said something along the lines of no he really hadn't, since Tim has coaches for that and too much input can confuse a young player. But he said he WOULD get together with him over the offseason to help him be more prepared for next year.

That was the first real confirmation I'd heard that Elway was on board continuing the Tebow Experiment into next year.

I don't think we're drafting a top QB in the draft next year. Get Harnish or somebody in the later rounds as a more mobile backup and option-type, perhaps...

But it sounds to me from the sounds coming out of Dove Valley even BEFORE last night's heroics that they're planning on an extended Tebow trial, not a 90 day thing.

I wondered if John would value the It Factor over being able to throw a pretty ball.

Looks like he might, figuring that he can teach Tebow to throw like an Orton-type but can't get an Orton-type to win like a Tebow.

~G

I took the same thing out of that interview, that is, this is now basically Tebow's job through 2012. I'm pretty sure that's a done deal now. Was it the original plan? Maybe, maybe not (only Jags knows for sure), but plans have a way of having to adjust to changed circumstances. A delirious rocking Mile High and an inspiring win will have to have an effect on any NFL GM.

HammeredOut
11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Tebow just raised his value from a 5th rounder to atleast a 2nd rounder. That's all jersey sales.

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
this makes like no sense. what in the eff are you getting at?

I still have concerns about Tebow so I wouldn't say I'm all in. Nevertheless I'm still enjoying the run of success we're having right now.

GEM
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I can tell you one thing....if Tebow continues this and they decide to go a different direction, the Broncos run the chance of losing that locker room. High chance.

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I can tell you one thing....if Tebow continues this and they decide to go a different direction, the Broncos run the chance of losing that locker room. High chance.

I don't see Tebow getting traded or released but I think there is good chance the job is not his outright going into next season.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM

They won't go in a different direction, even if they at one point wanted to or planned to. That scenario is finished, dead as cold boiled mutton. For better or worse it will be 2013 before we even consider acquiring a replacement if it comes to that.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't see Tebow getting traded or released but I think there is good chance the jon is not his outright going into next season.

Unless something really bad happens for the next 6 games, I don't see any other way they could go. Politically speaking. If they make the playoffs, forget about it. No question Tebow is the starter next year.

They tried the 'QB competition' this year and it didn't work out. Not sure they'd do that again unless Tebow is on another team.

Softskull
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
They won't go in a different direction, even if they at one point wanted to or planned to. That scenario is finished, dead as cold boiled mutton. For better or worse it will be 2013 before we even consider acquiring a replacement if it comes to that.

I don't know if it's truely dead yet. There are still six games to play. But Tebow has won the position through the end of the year. Last year they drafted BPA and I suspect that will be the case again next year. If the right QB drops to us, it would be hard for Fox and Elway to forget every practice and the first 55 minutes of every game Tebow has played.

Thestrategist1
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I was on the fence but hoped Tebow could be the future and now Im sold.Even if Denver lost out from here EFX knows there will be riot in Denver if they try any funny stuff and I would lead the charge!!! Time to get a RB to compliment Tebow and focus on building a top 5 defense. We the fans are right now and were absolutely justified in calling for Tebow to start and now we look smarter then our FO

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't know if it's truely dead yet. There are still six games to play. But Tebow has won the position through the end of the year. Last year they drafted BPA and I suspect that will be the case again next year. If the right QB drops to us, it would be hard for Fox and Elway to forget every practice and the first 55 minutes of every game Tebow has played.

I saw stat not to long ago that showed something 36% of Tebow's are errant.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Unless something really bad happens for the next 6 games, I don't see any other way they could go. Politically speaking. If they make the playoffs, forget about it. No question Tebow is the starter next year.

They tried the 'QB competition' this year and it didn't work out. Not sure they'd do that again unless Tebow is on another team.

Not according to Schlereth, who no doubt has had personal/private conversations with elway.

Unfortunately my post about it was removed, but according to Schlereth even if tebow WON in the playoffs, not just "make it" but win a game in them, he won't be QB next year.

Thestrategist1
11-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Not according to Schlereth, who no doubt has had personal/private conversations with elway.

Unfortunately my post about it was removed, but according to Schlereth even if tebow WON in the playoffs, not just "make it" but win a game in them, he won't be QB next year.

**** Mark Schlereth, great OL terrible commentator

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 02:20 PM

And the big baby that didnt support him they traded to the Rams for whatever they could get.

Looks like the locker room is 100% behind him.

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 02:54 PM

damn. then where will they shower and dress?

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't see Tebow getting traded or released but I think there is good chance the jon is not his outright going into next season.

O.,k. now just wtf does this mean?

GEM
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
damn. then where will they shower and dress?

Decker could come to my place. :heh:

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Decker could come to my place. :heh:

Oh, any of them are welcome to use my facilities, but it's pretty far from Mile Higg

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm not buying it. It makes no sense to have decided this already and even less sense to leak it.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm not buying it. It makes no sense to have decided this already and even less sense to leak it.

You are right, so why did he say it? This is why a lot of people, including me, think a lot this stuff was decided before tebow even took a snap this season. There ahve been all sorts of contradictory and nonsensical comments coming out of fox/elway/schlereth.

Schlereth doesnt strike me as a guy who talks out his ass or amkes things up.

This is how the coversation went. I think it was greenburg who was asking him.

Green: so how do they move forward now with a quarterback like tebow?
MS: Oh, they have already decided. He won't even be QB next year.
Green: Really? what if they go 9-7?
Ms: gone
Green: What if they win the division and win in the playoffs?
MS: Nope. He'll be gone
green: what if wins the superbowl?
MS: That's ridiculous.

dunk7
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM

Somehow I don't think any of his receivers will be complaining. :laugh:

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:24 PM
You are right, so why did he say it? This is why a lot of people, including me, think a lot this stuff was decided before tebow even took a snap this season. There ahve been all sorts of contradictory and nonsensical comments coming out of fox/elway/schlereth.

I don't care why he said it, but I assume its for the same reason all of these analysts take such extreme positions, ratings.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if EFX had every intention of trading tebow away after this season before this season started. That doesn't mean their opinions won't be swayed by what's happening now, and there's still plenty of wiggle room for Schlereth no matter what actually happens.

GEM
11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't care why he said it, but I assume its for the same reason all of these analysts take such extreme positions, ratings.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if EFX had every intention of trading tebow away after this season before this season started. That doesn't mean their opinions won't be swayed by what's happening now, and there's still plenty of wiggle room for Schlereth no matter what actually happens.

I want to hear that because there is no way Shlereth would leak that. He would lose any credibility and any privilege he has from playing with Elway. I just don't see him leaking that kind of info. Perhaps he says it as an opinion, but not right out of Dove Valley.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 03:40 PM

You don't care why he said it, when it might have been set in stone from before tebow even took a snap?

Softskull
11-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I want to hear that because there is no way Shlereth would leak that. He would lose any credibility and any privilege he has from playing with Elway. I just don't see him leaking that kind of info. Perhaps he says it as an opinion, but not right out of Dove Valley.

Agreed. So far, Elway has been very good at keeping things together. I doubt he lets this slip out to the media, even if it's his old buddy Mark.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
You don't care why he said it, when it might have been set in stone from before tebow even took a snap?

Nothing is set in stone, dude. That's the point.

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Mark Shlereth is Stink isn't he?

Nick
11-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Tebow has been improving in many areas every game. While it all doesn't show because he is not airing it out and throwing safe to make sure doesn't turn ball over.

He is moving his head around, staying poise, and accuracy has been improving every game. If he keeps improving at this rate. He could be a different QB if/when we hit playoffs and securing a position as our QB next year.

If he does not keep improving. They might draft a QB.

From a person that did not think Tebow would progress much... He is doing Very Very well on his learning, not making mistakes twice and improving in all phases of his game.

GEM
11-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Mark Shlereth is Stink isn't he?

Yeppers, nut.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 04:16 PM

This is how the coversation went. I think it was greenburg who was asking him.

Green: so how do they move forward now with a quarterback like tebow?
MS: Oh, they have already decided. He won't even be QB next year.
Green: Really? what if they go 9-7?
Ms: gone
Green: What if they win the division and win in the playoffs?
MS: Nope. He'll be gone
green: what if wins the superbowl?
MS: That's ridiculous.

Are you talking about this?

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7246175

Around 6-7 minutes or so?

If so, sounds to me like this is his opinion.

BORDERLINE
11-18-2011, 04:19 PM
You can't help but to be ALL IN on this guy. We can all cheer for him. In a time where star athletes do ugly things. Act incredibly stupid in public and say dumb sh** on twitter or whatever. This Guy is humble, hungry and grateful.

As a football player he plays the game with heart. Fans see IT these analyst don't because it's their job to scrutinize every play. We all saw Hillis when he ran and knew he was special yet McDumbazz saw a runner that did not fit in his system therefore he was garbage to him.

We keep winning and that's all that matters damn after the past two years and the start of this one we had no HOPE. We where looking to the draft and now it's a division CROWN that we are close to grabbing. How F'N COOL is THAT.

Agreed, Great Time To Be A Broncos FAN!!!

skins_fan82
11-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't even know where to begin. I've been to 7 NFL stadiums in my lifetime, but what I experienced last night at Mile High was magical. I mean I had goosebumps for like a minute straight after that game winning scamper by Timmy. Mile High was on fire. My voice is still hoarse LOL.

I sat there through 55 minutes of Tebow looking like poop. But in typical Timmay fashion, the kid drove 95 yard for the game winning touchdown with 3 minutes left.

Tim Tebow is a pretty bad quarterback, but one hell of an athlete. There's a reason all his teammates keep saying the same thing.. "the kid is special. there's something about him."

I have been COMPLETELY swept up in this Tebow mania, and whether he's a sucky QB or not, I'M ALL IN. I absolutely LOVE Tim Tebow.

He's humble, he speaks well, and he loves him some Jesus. If you don't like Tim Tebow, you're unamerican LOL.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 04:36 PM

Well, you can hear when he sometimes says "he thinks", and other times he doesn't qualify the statement. The fact they will be "going in a different direction in the draft", was not an " I think" statement. He also mnetioned another telling comment of his, when back before tebow even took a snap this season, he said he didn't think anyone currently on the roster is the QB of the future for the broncos... Yet he never once last year or BEFORE the orton deal fell through this year said one negative thing about tebow, in practice or otherwise.

Softskull
11-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Are you talking about this?

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7246175

Around 6-7 minutes or so?

Oh, I'm sure it's like yesterday's Andy Reid quote.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh, I'm sure it's like yesterday's Andy Reid quote.

Yep, just like it. Purely factual and on mike and mike.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, you can hear when he sometimes says "he thinks", and other times he doesn't qualify the statement. The fact they will be "going in a different direction in the draft", was not an " I think" statement. He also mnetioned another telling comment of his, when back before tebow even took a snap this season, he said he didn't think anyone currently on the roster is the QB of the future for the broncos... Yet he never once last year or BEFORE the orton deal fell through this year said one negative thing about tebow, in practice or otherwise.

You are overthinking this. The whole segment was his opinion. It didn't need to be stated. No where did he say he had any inside information nor was it implied. Your theory just doesn't pass the common sense test, sorry.

It's been widely reported that Tebow was garbage in practice. I don't know if Schlereth himself said anything, I don't really follow the guy, but I'm not sure why that matters.

catfish
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM
You are overthinking this. The whole segment was his opinion. It didn't need to be stated. No where did he say he had any inside information nor was it implied. Your theory just doesn't pass the common sense test, sorry.

It's been widely reported that Tebow was garbage in practice. I don't know if Schlereth himself said anything, I don't really follow the guy, but I'm not sure why that matters.

woah, woah, woah if common sense is going to start being a requirement this forum might as well just shut down now:D:D

vettesplus
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm all in with Tim Tebow. If you aren't in with Tebow yet, nothing else will.

I get all the negatives about him. I do. But he has breathed life into a franchise that was on the verge of stagnation, and gives Denver national awareness that has not been seen since the 90's.

He has that 'it' factor, all the intangibles and leadership. He makes the entire team better in the same way John Elway did (NOT comparing him as a QB), he inspires greatness and brings an indomitable will to win.

The Broncos office MUST realize that they have a diamond in the rough. Keep Tim Tebow as their QB and build the team around him for 2012. Work on his passing mechanics the whole offseason. All of Tebow's issues are coachable and teachable. Make him attend a QB passing camp if necessary in the offseason. Of course he has issues with timing, mechanics and throws, he can still be even better as there is a mountain of untapped potential. With a whole offseason working on this stuff, he can be more polished and prepared next year.

Orton and Quinn are done here and obviously know it. Draft another young talent at QB to develop for insurance and bring in a cagey veteran backup to assist Tebow and in the event he gets hurt.

The Broncos management owe it to Tebow. Denver went from left for dead to a legit playoff possibility. The talking heads talk as much about the Broncos as the Packers.

He has given us something Denver has needed since Elway retired - a national star.

This is a great time to be a Broncos fan, especially after the McDaniels disaster and last year's awful 4-12 Season.

for the first time in a long time, Denver has became a doomsday opponent. In their postgame interviews, I've never seen fat-mouthed Rex Ryan look and act so crushed and defeated. Sanchez has shown he has no confidence left. The Broncos likely just finished off a legitimate playoff contender in the NY Jets. I personally am delighted they lost living in Jetsville, but it's GREAT to see the Broncos able to do that again.

It's incredible to think 8-8 is a real possibibility, and that would be a great improvement after 2010. Anything over that is more than I could have expected this season, and I thank Tim for that.

I also thank the Broncos staff, for contouring the offense to fit Tebow and give him a chance to win.

I know most of this has been said already, but for me as a fan I have to say it again, for me personally.

This is a great time to be a Broncos fan. To all my brothers and sisters here, I hope you are enjoying how this team has turned things around as much as I have.

with all this said above he still sucks as a passer!!!!

GEM
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Man....what a line of shit. Just because you hear it on the radio doesn't mean it's fact. Especially with a bunch of sports dudes talking.

Pathetic. Making up lines of ******* shit to prove a worthless point.

Schlereth started it out with:

They're winning, (Charlie Sheen WINNING) he's winning, but to me.....

See that key part TO ME.

He didn't say TO ELWAY. He didn't say I talked to Elway last night and to him...

He said TO ME....making it a personal opinion.

FFS....next time do the work and find the article or the telecast for which you are going to falsify because it sucks finding out that the shit you're spouting is BS. But since you falsified being a Broncos fan first, I didn't believe it, hence saying I wanted to see that shit myself. No reason in the ******* world that Schlereth would release that kind of info straight from Elway. No ******* way.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 06:09 PM

...maybe they shoulda stuck with Orton so they'd be like 2-8 right now.

GEM
11-18-2011, 06:10 PM
From the Mike & Mike interview:

I THINK they've made up their mind. I said this before the Tim Tebow started, while Orton was still the starter and I'll stand by it because I still believe it to be true that the QB of the future is not on that team. They are going in a different direction. Next year? Next Year. They are running a sustainable offense until next year. What if they win playoffs or SB? Still a new QB? Yes.

Elway's ******* name wasn't brought up once up to the point of that quote. That was COMPLETELY Schlereth. You completely made that shit up or you listen for what you want to listen for and then change it to fit your opinion.

I call bullshit.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Deep breaths Gem. Deep breaths.

catfish
11-18-2011, 06:17 PM
from the mike & mike interview:

I think they've made up their mind. I said this before the tim tebow started, while orton was still the starter and i'll stand by it because i still believe it to be true that the qb of the future is not on that team. They are going in a different direction. Next year? Next year. They are running a sustainable offense until next year. What if they win playoffs or sb? Still a new qb? Yes.

Elway's ******* name wasn't brought up once up to the point of that quote. That was completely schlereth. You completely made that shit up or you listen for what you want to listen for and then change it to fit your opinion.

I call bullshit.

shenanigans!!

Softskull
11-18-2011, 06:19 PM
From the Mike & Mike interview:

I THINK they've made up their mind. I said this before the Tim Tebow started, while Orton was still the starter and I'll stand by it because I still believe it to be true that the QB of the future is not on that team. They are going in a different direction. Next year? Next Year. They are running a sustainable offense until next year. What if they win playoffs or SB? Still a new QB? Yes.

Elway's ******* name wasn't brought up once up to the point of that quote. That was COMPLETELY Schlereth. You completely made that shit up or you listen for what you want to listen for and then change it to fit your opinion.

I call bullshit.

This is why we love you Gem.

GEM
11-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Deep breaths Gem. Deep breaths.

I know....just don't bring bullshit lies here. Dude lied about being a Broncos fan while he's dragging Elway's name in the dirt in order to perch Tebow up. You don't need to drag one through the mud to bring the other up. If you're a Tebow fan cool...but don't bullshit us that you're a Broncos fan when every single one of your posts says completely otherwise. :rolleyes:

Locnar
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I have one foot in.. Been that way since last year. If he could hit unguarded receivers in practice I might put in that other foot.. ANd he isn't going to keep winning games like this...

Softskull
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I know....just don't bring bullshit lies here. Dude lied about being a Broncos fan while he's dragging Elway's name in the dirt in order to perch Tebow up. You don't need to drag one through the mud to bring the other up. If you're a Tebow fan cool...but don't bullshit us that you're a Broncos fan when every single one of your posts says completely otherwise. :rolleyes:

Yep. I've been trying to track down his Andy Reid quote. No trace of it anywhere, Google, yahoo or ESPN search. Sounds like more horseshit to prop up his Florida god.

GEM
11-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Yep. I've been trying to track down his Andy Reid quote. No trace of it anywhere, Google, yahoo or ESPN search. Sounds like more horseshit to prop up his Florida god.

Google Andy Reid Tim Tebow.....not a damn thing comes up. :rolleyes:

dogfish
11-18-2011, 07:09 PM

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2207/clownshoes55891.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/clownshoes55891.jpg/)

vhatever
11-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Man....what a line of shit. Just because you hear it on the radio doesn't mean it's fact. Especially with a bunch of sports dudes talking.

Pathetic. Making up lines of ******* shit to prove a worthless point.

Schlereth started it out with:

They're winning, (Charlie Sheen WINNING) he's winning, but to me.....

See that key part TO ME.

He didn't say TO ELWAY. He didn't say I talked to Elway last night and to him...

He said TO ME....making it a personal opinion.

FFS....next time do the work and find the article or the telecast for which you are going to falsify because it sucks finding out that the shit you're spouting is BS. But since you falsified being a Broncos fan first, I didn't believe it, hence saying I wanted to see that shit myself. No reason in the ******* world that Schlereth would release that kind of info straight from Elway. No ******* way.

Relax, jebus. I never said that schlereth got that info from elway, but Schlereth surely DOES talk to elway, and it's very likely he is privy to a lot of things due to that relationship no one else is. And schlereth's odd comments wreak of some sort of smug "i know something you don't know". And why did schlereth not have one problem with tebow last season or even this season until the orton traade fell through.

You can't explain that-- but if he had been told that they were planning on dropping tebow regardless, then everything suddenly makes sense.

steelerddan
11-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I shave concerns but I'm still enjoying this run of success.
The problem I have with this whole Tebow madness,Is that he's getting way more credit than he deserves. The Jets played horribly last night and should of been blown out, the Broncos started drives inside Jets territory numerous times only to go 3 and out and punt.They were absolutley horrible on 3rd down and had a total of 3 offensive points and 134 yds through 3 1/2 quarters. I'm sorry but these numbers suck, thank god for the Broncos that Sanchez was worse and kept you in the ballgame.

Why isn't the defense getting more credit, they were the true heroes of the game, without the pick 6 the Broncos would never had the chances to comeback. Tebow was not the star of yesterdays game nor was he the reason they won. He was the reason the Jets were not blown out and all credit must go to the Denver defense..

vhatever
11-18-2011, 08:50 PM
The problem I have with this whole Tebow madness,Is that he's getting way more credit than he deserves. The Jets played horribly last night and should of been blown out, the Broncos started drives inside Jets territory numerous times only to go 3 and out and punt.They were absolutley horrible on 3rd down and had a total of 3 offensive points and 134 yds through 3 1/2 quarters. I'm sorry but these numbers suck, thank god for the Broncos that Sanchez was worse and kept you in the ballgame.

Why isn't the defense getting more credit, they were the true heroes of the game, without the pick 6 the Broncos would never had the chances to comeback. Tebow was not the star of yesterdays game nor was he the reason they won. He was the reason the Jets were not blown out and all credit must go to the Denver defense..

The jets have one of the best defenses in the NFL, while one of the worst offenses.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Relax, jebus. I never said that schlereth got that info from elway, but Schlereth surely DOES talk to elway, and it's very likely he is privy to a lot of things due to that relationship no one else is. And schlereth's odd comments wreak of some sort of smug "i know something you don't know". And why did schlereth not have one problem with tebow last season or even this season until the orton traade fell through.

You can't explain that-- but if he had been told that they were planning on dropping tebow regardless, then everything suddenly makes sense.

BULL**** all I have to say. Clear exaggeration of what was said. GEM is right on what she is saying. But to say that former teammates of Elway have inside is bogus. To say Shannon Sharpe or any other former player knows how things work inside the organization and know the decisions they will make is bogus. Elway definitely would not talk to a guy who is in the media/analysis or any person of that short behind closed doors.

catfish
11-18-2011, 08:52 PM

it's all part of the strategy, Denver plays up Tebow to keep the impressive defense on the DL, then when game time comes Von Miller makes out with the QB's girlfriend and mom after kicking him in the nuts.....pretty damn sound plan

vhatever
11-18-2011, 08:53 PM
BULL**** all I have to say. Clear exaggeration of what was said. GEM is right on what she is saying. But to say that former teammates of Elway have inside is bogus. To say Shannon Sharpe or any other former player knows how things work inside the organization and know the decisions they will make is bogus. Elway definitely would not talk to a guy who is in the media/analysis or any person of that short behind closed doors.

Are you elway?

If not, how do you know any of this? What is your evidence?

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 08:54 PM

And running the pro-offense/option/spread/power run had nothing to do with it? IF understand if you are trying to mix things up but the least you can do is stick someone to one main type of offense and then throw in other plays. They barely ran the option read offense like they did against raiders and chiefs. Tebow confirmed that during interview that they only did that a few times and a couple of them in the final drive.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Are you elway?

If not, how do you know any of this? What is your evidence?

Exactly you have none to back up your assumptions beside the fact a former teammate of elway had an opinion. What i said about Elway is based off better business practices. elway is an amazing business man and knows you dont say everything that happens behind closed doors. And in football you dont comment to someone who can spread what you said like a wildfire. You dont talk to people who will record what you say and play it for world later like they do with him.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Careful! You are back-pedaling so fast we wouldn't want you to trip!

I find your attempt to twist the meaning of what you said humorous. Strangely, your screwball theory is the least funny thing in your post.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Exactly you have none to back up your assumptions beside the fact a former teammate of elway had an opinion. What i said about Elway is based off better business practices. elway is an amazing business man and knows you dont say everything that happens behind closed doors. And in football you dont comment to someone who can spread what you said like a wildfire. You dont talk to people who will record what you say and play it for world later like they do with him.

I have plenty of evidence, however anecdotal it might be, you are the one who has none. What makes you think elway didn't tell them not to tell anyone else about it?

vhatever
11-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Careful! You are back-pedaling so fast we wouldn't want you to trip!

I find your attempt to twist the meaning of what you said humorous. Strangely, your screwball theory is the least funny thing in your post.

How am I backpedalling?

wayninja
11-18-2011, 09:03 PM
How am I backpedalling?

How indeed. Seems silly to try since everything you wrote is there for everyone to see.

steelerddan
11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm not a Bronco fan nor a Jets fan, I watched last nights game totally neutral I was not impressed by Tebow as a passer. However i was highly impressed by the speed of your defense and I think its for real. Tebow is very likable and has incredible heart and the last drive was fantastic, however I think in the long run his inconsistent arm well kill you against a true elite team.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 09:05 PM
How indeed. Seems silly to try since everything you wrote is there for everyone to see.

Uhh, ok, just get back to your hatorade.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Relax, jebus. I never said that schlereth got that info from elway

Oh really?

What's this?

Well, you can hear when he sometimes says "he thinks", and other times he doesn't qualify the statement. The fact they will be "going in a different direction in the draft", was not an " I think" statement.

What is the point of this if Schlereth has no info from Elway?

vhatever
11-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh really?

What's this?

What is the point of this if Schlereth has no info from Elway?

ROFLMAO. Great reading comprehension.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not a Bronco fan nor a Jets fan, I watched last nights game totally neutral I was not impressed by Tebow as a passer. However i was highly impressed by the speed of your defense and I think its for real. Tebow is very likable and has incredible heart and the last drive was fantastic, however I think in the long run his inconsistent arm well kill you against a true elite team.

Tebow will not wow you with his arm or passing, it's everything else. He has all the other intangibles to be a great QB.

Tim is gonna work his ass off this season getting all his mechanics down. Timing, footwork, reads... all this is is coaching stuff. He didn't have an offseason last year. Lockout and new Coach didnt help.

One of the Broncos' staff highest priorities will be to make Tebow a better passer. If they could do that, he'll be a bonafide top-tier starter.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-18-2011, 10:00 PM

And still WINS GAMES so who gives a shit? I'll take Tebow and a win, you can have Orton, passing stats, a loss, and the bench...

BroncoBJ
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Tebow is 0-1 this year as a starter. Our Defense is 4-0 though. At least thats what everyone makes it seem. :coffee:

vhatever
11-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Tebow is 0-1 this year as a starter. Our Defense is 4-0 though. At least thats what everyone makes it seem. :coffee:

Tebow was playing as the entire defense when orton was the starter. They used smoke and mirrors and stuff to fool everyone. That's why we had the third worst defense in the NFL.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-18-2011, 10:16 PM

So what you're saying is he's like a young Ben Roethlisberger (without the rape or being a complete asshat as a human being)? A guy who wasn't much of a passer his first season and barely averaged 20 passes a game but because the Steelers had a dominant defense and running game, Ben could just be Ben, use his legs, buy some time and do his best not to turn the ball over?

Yep, I agree wholeheartedly. Now look at Ben. He's a pretty good passer. He's come a long way since he set the record for worst QB rating for the Superbowl winning QB (the key word in all of that being winning).

Why does everyone think Tebow can't get better as a passer. Every time someone has told this guy "you can't" he's proven them wrong... EVERY TIME. Does it happen overnight? Of course not. Most guys we now call "elite" looked like hot trash their first year or two. Manning, Elway, Brees, Rivers, even Rodgers when he did get a couple of shots in relief of Favre looked bad early on.

Somebody show me another 1st or 2nd year QB who in his last 5 (and first of the season) starts is 4-1 with 3 of those wins being behind at halftime and having to mount a second half comeback. Anyone? Bueller? Yeah, I didn't think so.

20 years ago, we'd have just been happy for wins as fans. Now, thanks to sports media and the internet, we're all a bunch of self-made football "experts" with a laptop, NFL Network, and the latest copy of SI sitting by the crapper... As far as the Broncos are concerned, from now on, I'm a stupid sonuvabitch who doesn't know shit about football and just wants to see my team win. I couldn't be more happy with the way the team is playing right now. They are living, breathing, eating, sleeping, and winning as a TEAM.

Thank you, EFX. Thank you, Dennis Allen. Thank you, defense. Thank you, offense. Thank you, special teams. **** the haters and just keep winning. The best way to shut the haters the hell up is to keep winning football games. Eventually, people will stop listening to their bullshit and have to resign themselves to the fact that the Broncos play for 60 minutes and if you aren't ready to, they will kick your ass.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Great post and valid comparison HP56.

Ziggy
11-18-2011, 11:46 PM
The one thing that Tebow has done is win. It's been team wins, but this defense has stepped up it's game more during this season than any other that I've seen from a Broncos team. The defense keeps the kid in games, and he steps up at the end and wins them.

What it has probably done is earn him trust in the locker room, and at least 6 more games to improve. It also takes the Broncos out of the running for the top 3-4 Qb's in the draft. I don't care. It's fun to watch Broncos football again. Dennis Allen would get assistant coach of the year if there was such an award. Our coaching staff has improved every unit on this team throughout the course of the season. It's a nice change. The young guys are stepping up, and there seems to be some great chemistry brewing.

We have the most unorthidox QB in the NFL, the defensive rookie of the year, a pass rush, and a real NFL defense. Tebow is a winner. He was put on a team that was 4-12 last season, and basically 1-4 1/2 this season. He's gone 4-1 as a starter. I don't think that anyone can make the case that he doesn't give this team the best chance to win any more.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 11:56 PM
We are witnessing the transformation of the Denver Broncos from bottom feeders to a peek at the core of young players that will turn Denver back into contenders for years to come, from Tim to Von to Crosby to Doom. A good offseason from Tim putting in working on his mechanics, another year of experience for our young players knowing Fox's systems(s), a decent Draft and some FA's...

It's all coming together...

TXBRONC
11-19-2011, 08:19 AM

If we got rolled and Tebow didn't play well I think his job would be in jeopardy.

gregbroncs
11-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Are you elway?

If not, how do you know any of this? What is your evidence?This is the most humorous post I've ever seen on here. :lol: A guy making up BS all the time asks for evidence. How about providing evidence for a single one of the conspiracy theories you post about your god. A single one would be nice.

BroncoJoe
11-19-2011, 10:08 AM
This is all we need to know people:

Broncos without Tebow: 1-4
Broncos with Tebow: 4-1

Same team, different leader/QB. Many forget that there wasn't an offseason either. Combine that with how McDaniels' (as most coaches) gave the 2nd and 3rd stringers very little practice time, he is essentially a rookie. With an offseason with his coaches and teammates, the passing will get better. Hell, it will improve before the end of the year.

I'm also wondering how many more games (wins) it's going to take before people stop using the "just wait until we play an elite team". This is the NFL. The only non-elite team right now is the Colts, and we don't play them.

Nomad
11-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Same team, different leader/QB. Many forget that there wasn't an offseason either. Combine that with how McDaniels' (as most coaches) gave the 2nd and 3rd stringers very little practice time, he is essentially a rookie. With an offseason with his coaches and teammates, the passing will get better. Hell, it will improve before the end of the year.

I'm also wondering how many more games (wins) it's going to take before people stop using the "just wait until we play an elite team". This is the NFL. The only non-elite team right now is the Colts, and we don't play them.

Right on Joe! When Tebow gets the passing down:shocked:........damn between the defense and an improved offense.......fear the BRONCOS!:defense::salute:

vhatever
11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
This is the most humorous post I've ever seen on here. :lol: A guy making up BS all the time asks for evidence. How about providing evidence for a single one of the conspiracy theories you post about your god. A single one would be nice.

There is a difference between "evidence" and "proof".

Shazam!
11-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Well said. Tebow is Denver's QB of the future, and he is only going to get better.

TXBRONC
11-19-2011, 08:45 PM
O.,k. now just wtf does this mean?

It's means he's not going to be traded and I'm not sure that he goes into next season as the unquestioned starter.

wayninja
11-20-2011, 01:32 AM
It's means he's not going to be traded and I'm not sure that he goes into next season as the unquestioned starter.

I'm knocking on wood and throwing salt as I type this, but a lot can happen in 6 games.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't even know where to begin. I've been to 7 NFL stadiums in my lifetime, but what I experienced last night at Mile High was magical. I mean I had goosebumps for like a minute straight after that game winning scamper by Timmy. Mile High was on fire. My voice is still hoarse LOL.

I sat there through 55 minutes of Tebow looking like poop. But in typical Timmay fashion, the kid drove 95 yard for the game winning touchdown with 3 minutes left.

Tim Tebow is a pretty bad quarterback, but one hell of an athlete. There's a reason all his teammates keep saying the same thing.. "the kid is special. there's something about him."

I have been COMPLETELY swept up in this Tebow mania, and whether he's a sucky QB or not, I'M ALL IN. I absolutely LOVE Tim Tebow.

He's humble, he speaks well, and he loves him some Jesus. If you don't like Tim Tebow, you're unamerican LOL.

I swear to you, the kid can throw a ball. I have watched him six years now, just give him a little time with the offense and wait and see. I have been saying this all along. Give him a little time (off season) and he will be a better passer. Give him 1 season and he will show you how well he can throw the ball. I swear once he improves on his throwing, people will pick up on something else to tear him apart. Go Broncos!!

Agent of Orange
11-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I swear to you, the kid can throw a ball. I have watched him six years now, just give him a little time with the offense and wait and see. I have been saying this all along. Give him a little time (off season) and he will be a better passer. Give him 1 season and he will show you how well he can throw the ball. I swear once he improves on his throwing, people will pick up on something else to tear him apart. Go Broncos!!

JBG, Tebow has already admitted in his press conference that he's being coached up to not throw INTs. Its also not coincidental that not turning the ball over is part of why Denver has been winning. It should be obvious that part of why he's been missing is that he's been avoiding INTs. This becomes even more apparent when it's crunch time and his accuracy seems to improve. It's apparent that he's less inhibited about the possibility of throwing a pick when he has nothing to lose and it's do or die.

TXBRONC
11-20-2011, 09:30 PM

Ah no he's not getting more than he deserves. If that's what you really then you're not paying attention to what's being said about him.

Medford Bronco
11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
I only wish he started week 1 as I felt like he should have!!!!!

Wonder what McD is thinking right about now :lol:

he is thinking how he screwed up Sam Bradfords Career:lol:

TXBRONC
11-20-2011, 09:42 PM
he is thinking how he screwed up Sam Bradfords Career:lol:

In McDaniels words " I don't know what a franchise quarterback looks like."