PDA

View Full Version : About last night....

Northman
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
So, after taking it all in from last night while the wife and i yet again were yelling and pumping our fists for another exciting Broncos win im now able to sit down and evaluate last night's events.

First and foremost, i still think Tebow is a great guy and super athlete. As a QB, there is still some work that needs to be done.

However, the mentality that Tebow possesses and inspiration that he causes to flow through the rest of the team is phenomenal. I said it last night in the game thread that no matter how rough Tim looks at passing the ball (no, its not all his fault but he does have accuracy issues) he finds a way when it matters most to win the game.

If there is anything that Tebow does have over most QB's is the desire and will to want to win the game. Elway had that as well and it was clear that when it mattered Tim switched the light on and took over. Which sort of brings the question, so many moons ago Reeves use to stay conservative for 3 quarters and then let the reigns loose on Elway to do what he did best. Granted, Elway could fling the ball much better but the idea is the same as long as you have the right scheme in place.

So, i have to agree with many that McCoy needs to just let this kid do what he does best for 60 minutes instead of just 20. We are benefitted by the fact that our defense has played really well the last two games. Which is what you want, when one faction isnt playing that well another part steps it up. I would have to think that if we let Tim go in a no huddle using the option that through the course of the game we tire the opposing defense out and at the same time rest ours and hopefully get more scores and leads.

In the end, i still hope that Tebow can improve but if the college scheme is working just keep using until you dont have too. The great news is if the game is close Tim gives me hope that we can win no matter what. And its great that the team can step up around him when they need too. Now if we could just get some of the receivers to catch passes that actually do make it to them we would be set. But overall, not much to be upset about because a win is a win and im a happy camper on this beautiful friday. And Von, you are just SICK. :)

GO BRONCOS! :salute:

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
excellent OP North. I agree . Love the kid. I believe, but he needs some work, and he knows that.

catfish
11-18-2011, 11:26 AM
great post North,

I wonder if the fact that there are so many young players on the team makes the excitement Tebow brings more effective. I have also heard that because the team is so young without any "elite" guys that it may make for a non-selfish TEAM rather than a group of all-stars all out for themselves. Whatever it is it is working

mad props to the Denver D for keeping the games close enough that the final drive matters. They really are the unsung heroes of this team

slim
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree completely.

This is like watching Dan Reeves all over again. Ultra-conserative on offense, good defense and special teams, keep it close and see if the QB can work some late magic.

pnbronco
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
great post North,

I wonder if the fact that there are so many young players on the team makes the excitement Tebow brings more effective. I have also heard that because the team is so young without any "elite" guys that it may make for a non-selfish TEAM rather than a group of all-stars all out for themselves. Whatever it is it is working

mad props to the Denver D for keeping the games close enough that the final drive matters. They really are the unsung heroes of this team

Yes they are and it's so good to read this. The D has kept us in so many close games and maybe it's good that the light has been on Tim and allowed the D to develope instead of being all that's wrong with the team, like the past.

I was sooooo happy for old man Goody. In fact I had planned to take my time getting back from WA since it's my last show of the year and I am dead dog tired. Now may have to buy some more 5 hour energy drinks to get back by Monday evening just in case Goody is on the CBS Show.....:D

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
So, after taking it all in from last night while the wife and i yet again were yelling and pumping our fists for another exciting Broncos win im now able to sit down and evaluate last night's events.

First and foremost, i still think Tebow is a great guy and super athlete. As a QB, there is still some work that needs to be done.

However, the mentality that Tebow possesses and inspiration that he causes to flow through the rest of the team is phenomenal. I said it last night in the game thread that no matter how rough Tim looks at passing the ball (no, its not all his fault but he does have accuracy issues) he finds a way when it matters most to win the game.

If there is anything that Tebow does have over most QB's is the desire and will to want to win the game. Elway had that as well and it was clear that when it mattered Tim switched the light on and took over. Which sort of brings the question, so many moons ago Reeves use to stay conservative for 3 quarters and then let the reigns loose on Elway to do what he did best. Granted, Elway could fling the ball much better but the idea is the same as long as you have the right scheme in place.

So, i have to agree with many that McCoy needs to just let this kid do what he does best for 60 minutes instead of just 20. We are benefitted by the fact that our defense has played really well the last two games. Which is what you want, when one faction isnt playing that well another part steps it up. I would have to think that if we let Tim go in a no huddle using the option that through the course of the game we tire the opposing defense out and at the same time rest ours and hopefully get more scores and leads.

In the end, i still hope that Tebow can improve but if the college scheme is working just keep using until you dont have too. The great news is if the game is close Tim gives me hope that we can win no matter what. And its great that the team can step up around him when they need too. Now if we could just get some of the receivers to catch passes that actually do make it to them we would be set. But overall, not much to be upset about because a win is a win and im a happy camper on this beautiful friday. And Von, you are just SICK. :)

GO BRONCOS! :salute:

First of all great post North. :beer:

I said this else where but I think it is worth mentioning again. Put Kyle Orton in that same situation with 95 yards of real estate to matriculate for the win I have no confidence at all that he can get the touchdown. Hell I wouldn't even have the confidence that he could get the 65 or so yards he would need to even give Prater a chance at a long field goal. The same thing with Quinn.

All the issues that surrounding Tebow wont resolve themselves until after the season so I think we should take the advice of Vic and Gary and Tony D from the ticket and just enjoy this ride. I didn't think we would be in any position to possibly win our division let alone get in as wild card birth yet we are. :shocked:

And as you said North "Von Miller you are just sick!" :salute:

Chris90210
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/q0Jg4.jpg

nuff said

elwayisgod
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Forget changing his mechanics. Send him to Steve Clarkson or one of the QB guru's out there and teach him to read a defense. If he does that, he will get to 60% and we will be golden.

smith49
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Great freaking post thread/post north!!! I can only agree full hearted with what you posted. I love the infectious will and attitude that TT brings.

When I was a kid, my older brother and younger brother would sit in front of our tv and cling to every play as we watched elway win game after game in similar fashion. I know elway used his arm much more than TT, and I know TT is not even in the same league as elway and may never be. However, I get the same excitement and thrill watching TT lead the O down the field to a win. If TT ever learn how to use him arm watch the ef out NFL.

Also, miller is a FREAK!! We all expected him to be, and he has not disappointed!! It's been a long time since we were able to watch our D put the kind of pressure on qb's the way Von and doom do. I love it!! It helps our D in so many ways to have that aspect working for you.

Am I fooled to think this team can even get to or win a playoff game? Not really, but I'm convinced that there is a ton to keep building on. A feeling I have not had in several years!!

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Tebow will be fine in 2012, with nearly a full Season under his belt and an offseason to work on his mechanics.

He is our QB of the future, and he's here to stay.

I am now buying a Tebow jeresy. I said I wouldnt waste money on jerseys after Plummer and Cutler left town, but Tim's the man in Denver now and he's here to stay!

gregbroncs
11-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Great post North. The only part I disagree with is going no huddle. Part of the reason our defense is so successful right now is because the offense is making the game shorter and limiting the amount of plays the offense for the other team is able to run. They are eating clock and making tough yards. I do wish that they would run the 4th quarter offense the entire game. Tebow really only ran the ball on that last drive. They seemed to be protecting him for the majority of the game. If you are going to run this offense then run it. The only time I really saw Tebow get hit hard is after he handed the ball off at the start of the game. On his runs he either made guys miss, slipped the tackles or or was dragged down. He never really took a hard hit while running with the ball, at least that I saw.