PDA

View Full Version : Kudos for Clady keep piling up . . .

topscribe
01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Now Clady has been named to the NBCSports.com All-NFL team.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28428036/?pg=9#spt_NFL_All_Pro_08

And he never even got a sniff to the Pro Bowl.

It's good to see those who do give him the props he deserves. :rockon:

-----

Bozo Jr.
01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Well deserved Mr. Clady. The man probably did his job better
than any other Bronco this season. Quite impressive! Imagine as a
kid Ryan playing king of the hill, he's still on top and refuses to relinquish it.

TXBRONC
01-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Congratulations Ryan Clady. You and your counterpart Ryan Harris both deserved to be in Hawaii.

Slick
01-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Congratulations Ryan Clady. You and your counterpart Ryan Harris both deserved to be in Hawaii.

I'm kind of glad neither one of them made it. They'll play with a chip on their shoulders because of it.

platinumx
01-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Thats true. Once some people ake it, they get a little comfortable.

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm kind of glad neither one of them made it. They'll play with a chip on their shoulders because of it.

lets hope so..

the new coach mentioned that the team needs to get bigger, stronger, faster and nastier.. this along with the potential for incentives should make them that much better..

next season can't come early enough for me..

we will finally be Shanny free

Damn I'm poet..:laugh:

Requiem / The Dagda
01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Pretty good for a guy who was too stupid to play. :beer:

frenchfan
01-14-2009, 02:24 AM
I haven't seen many of the Broncos game this year, but one guy that never disappointed me this year is Clady...
I saw our last game and all the experts were impressed by him...

:beer:

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats! Clady is a stud! Hopefully Goodman will draft somebody equally as effective on the other side of the line!

broncohead
01-14-2009, 06:42 PM
To be honest I really didn't want Clady. I thought he would be a bust and hoped he would prove me wrong. He has and made me look like a jack ass.

broncos4life88
01-14-2009, 07:32 PM
To be honest I really didn't want Clady. I thought he would be a bust and hoped he would prove me wrong. He has and made me look like a jack ass.

I too felt this way, anyone from Boise St. can't be that good...not really I guess. May this be a good point in the future we don't need players from perennial powerhouses anymore. Look at Vandy for instance...what did we get from their? GO JC

topscribe
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Pat Bowlen: "If this organization ever gets another left tackle who measures up to Gary Zimmerman, we'll be very lucky."

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809b1b4d

Well, we are very lucky, aren't we? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

topscribe
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I am looking forward to watching the Pro Bowl this Sunday with Cutler, Marshall and Wiegmann suiting up, but seeing Jake Long at OT is going to sting.

BTW, welcome to the Forums! :welcome:

-----

LRtagger
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats! Clady is a stud! Hopefully Goodman will draft somebody equally as effective on the other side of the line!

Harris is no slouch...he had a fantastic year. Hopefully we wont need a new OT for another 7-10 years.

oobehr
02-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Our offensive line is severly under-rated. Everyone calls the giants and titans the best but the titans let up a sack once per 51 passes, the giants let up a sack once per 17 passes and we only let up one sack per 56 passes. That is pretty good considering defences don't play us like a run first team.

topscribe
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Harris is no slouch...he had a fantastic year. Hopefully we wont need a new OT for another 7-10 years.

I think he meant on the D-line.

-----

LRtagger
02-04-2009, 09:17 AM
I think he meant on the D-line.

-----

Ha you are probably right...I thought he meant on the right side of the Oline...I was like WTF

topscribe
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Ha you are probably right...I thought he meant on the right side of the Oline...I was like WTF

But I do agree with you. Between Clady and Harris, it's beginning to look as if
the Broncos have pretty close to the best pair of tackles in the league.

-----

shank
02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
football outsiders. what the hell kept clady out of the pro-bowl?

Who was the best offensive lineman of 2008? (open question, two votes per ballot, top 12 listed) (Last year's winner: Joe Thomas)

15.2% Ryan Clady (LT, DEN)
13.5% Chris Snee (RG, NYG)
11.3% Michael Roos (LT, TEN)
9.2% Steve Hutchinson (LG, MIN)
7.8% Walter Jones (LT, SEA)
5.2% Jordan Gross (LT, CAR) 4.1% Kevin Mawae (C, TEN)
3.4% Joe Thomas (LT, CLE)
3.2% David Diehl (LT, NYG)
3.2% Jeff Saturday (C, IND)
2.5% Jake Long (LT, MIA)
1.8% Alan Faneca (LG, NYJ)

I take nothing away from the fabulous rookie season of Ryan Clady, but the time has come to think of offensive line performance in terms of multiple seasons. This is the third straight year this award has gone to a rookie left tackle and the first two (Marcus McNeill and Joe Thomas) both declined in their second seasons. Hopefully, that doesn't happen to Ryan Clady. I'm very happy to see all the votes for Michael Roos, who has been a total unknown for most of his career. Walter Jones honestly doesn't belong on this list anymore, and that's probably a bit of our overly high Seattle vote there.