PDA

View Full Version : Wiegmann joining Jay and Brandon in Hawaii

honz
01-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Wiegmann will be heading to his first Pro Bowl replacing Kevin Mawae as the 1st alternate. Congrats to Casey! :beer:

Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall already have their tickets to the NFL’s annual all-star game, but now they’ll have a little company.

Casey Wiegmann will now join them in the 2009 Pro Bowl in February. He was listed as the first alternate at center, but with Kevin Mawae of the Titans bowing out of the game due to his torn triceps muscle, Wiegmann steps into the lineup.

This marks the first trip to the Pro Bowl for Wiegmann, who just wrapped up his 13th year in the league and first with the Broncos. He has started 127 consecutive games, the longest active streak among centers in the NFL.

The game will be played on Sunday, Feb. 8, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu at 2:30 p.m. MST and will be televised by NBC.

— Adam Zinser, DenverBroncos.com

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2009/01/13/wiegmann-heading-to-hawaii/

Hobe
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Ya see! Carl Peterson was right. Wiegmann was washed up. :rofl:

Lonestar
01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Ya see! Carl Peterson was right. Wiegmann was washed up. :rofl:

he also had a pretty good OLINE this year to help him out..

KC is a on a total youth movement and frankly IMHO he would have not been brought in if Nalen had of been retiring last year.. we would have went with Hamilton.. or one of the guys that got traded..

dogfish
01-13-2009, 08:12 PM
cograts to casey, very well deserved-- he did a phenomenal job this year!

he also had a pretty good OLINE this year to help him out..

i would say it was exactly the opposite-- they had him to help them out. . . . on a line with essentially two rookie tackles, i think weigmann's veteran leadership and savvy were vastly under-rated. . . i thought he did a fantastic job making line calls and directing blitz pickup-- our sack numbers would have been quite impressive from a line of five quality vets, to get it done with a rookie OLT from the WAC and a second-year ORT playing in his first live NFL action is a major accomplishment. . . weigmann deserves serious kudos IMO. . . it may not have been elway, but nails was a legend in his own right, and it's never easy to step in and replace a guy like that who's held down his spot at an elite level for fifteen years-- but weigmann was as cool and professional as you could ask for, and quite frankly we didn't miss a beat with him in tom's spot. . . i really hope he comes back for another year. . .

Lonestar
01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
cograts to casey, very well deserved-- he did a phenomenal job this year!

i would say it was exactly the opposite-- they had him to help them out. . . . on a line with essentially two rookie tackles, i think weigmann's veteran leadership and savvy were vastly under-rated. . . i thought he did a fantastic job making line calls and directing blitz pickup-- our sack numbers would have been quite impressive from a line of five quality vets, to get it done with a rookie OLT from the WAC and a second-year ORT playing in his first live NFL action is a major accomplishment. . . weigmann deserves serious kudos IMO. . . it may not have been elway, but nails was a legend in his own right, and it's never easy to step in and replace a guy like that who's held down his spot at an elite level for fifteen years-- but weigmann was as cool and professional as you could ask for, and quite frankly we didn't miss a beat with him in tom's spot. . . i really hope he comes back for another year. . .

I think having the talent on the OLINE for a first time in a long time made a huge difference. Last year perhaps he would not have faired so well..

DenBronx
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
much much deserved. this unit plays exceptionally well together. glad someone from 2008 oline is representing. too bad clady couldnt join them.

frauschieze
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Casey deserved this. I'm glad he got the honor, I'm thrilled to have him on the team and I sure hope he comes back next year. I never figured he'd be that stellar of a pickup but I'll eat my crow graciously on this one.

TXBRONC
01-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Wiegmann was deserving. But as I said in a previous thread so were Clady and Harris.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-13-2009, 10:18 PM
good for him.

Superchop 7
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
He was lights out all season long.

Getting in was well deserved and poetic justice.

Congrats Casey, you "earned" it.

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Congrats to Casey!!!! I hope he comes back next year!!!

pnbronco
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Congrts Casey, great job!!! I hope you come back also..:salute: