PDA

View Full Version : Can we run the spread now pls?

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Discuss. :salute:

lgenf
11-18-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm with you bull

Get into that spread set, quick pace, quick hit offense going

BroncoWave
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
If our idiot offensive coordinator would call the same offense he does in the last few minutes for the entire game we would blow teams out. He is such a buffoon.

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Spread option?

sneakers

you forgot to end your post with "kthnxbai"...

Bullgator
I think McCoy is sandbagging Tebow... they run the spread O when they need a win at the end of the game... its almost as if they want to muck up the game and NOT SCORE... keep it close and let Tebow pull it out at the end.. is that crazy?

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 12:53 AM
If our idiot offensive coordinator would call the same offense he does in the last few minutes for the entire game we would blow teams out. He is such a buffoon.

Not necessarily. He may have been just keeping Tebow's legs fresh until when we needed it most. That's what it's looked like to me at least.

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Spread option?

No... 5 wide no back no huddle shotgun.

Ryan_the_Bucs_Fan
11-18-2011, 12:56 AM
you can't run the spread option every drive. that would take away from your guys strength of downhill running with guys like McGahee (and my fantasy numbers...).

That being said, it definitely deserves far more of a look see. Tebow's natural talent takes over in that kind of offense, not when he is bunched up and multiple defenders are able to run at him and bring him down en masse. But get him in open field and ask even the better tacklers in the league to bring him down and there will be problems.

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 12:58 AM
No... 5 wide no back no huddle shotgun.

With Thomas, Decker, Willis, Royal, and... who's our fifth receiver I can't remember.

Superchop 7
11-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Rex Ryan wrote a book on defending what we do best (teaching the 46)

Look.....

At some point....you have to understand....our coaches put us in a position to win....however ugly it may seem to you.

And they don't write books.......they read them.

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 01:09 AM
With Thomas, Decker, Willis, Royal, and... who's our fifth receiver I can't remember.

its usually 3 wr, 1 RB and 1 TE spread out 5 wide.

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Shotgun_Formation.svg

wayninja
11-18-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm sure this will be controversial, but after what I saw tonight, I'm in favor of him passing more.

Sure, his stats were 9/20, but I think throwing 20 times put the Jets off balance enough to set up that game winning drive with Tebows feet.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 01:44 AM
I don't care which QB is in there, **** the spread, period. But the less Tebow passes the better off the Broncos are. Even his completions are inaccurate.......

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 01:48 AM

You should be thanking McCoy, he's somehow eaked 5 wins out of a truly pathetic QB.......

secund2nun
11-18-2011, 01:57 AM
You should be thanking McCoy, he's somehow eaked 5 wins out of a truly pathetic QB.......

Tebow is one of the bright young QBs in the NFL and has proved you WRONG. How do you like your crow?

Tebow= 4-1
Cam= 2-7
Sam= like 2-7 or whatever

Tebow > Cam > Sam

Tebow is a WINNER and the future franchise QB.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 02:05 AM
McGahee clearly wasnt fully healed and so that limited the option. In fact TT said they barely ran it tonight and instead they ran alot of power runs.

I agree though, I say go all in with the spread/shotgun/hurry up/option/power type offense and build something special.

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 02:16 AM
I don't care which QB is in there, **** the spread, period. But the less Tebow passes the better off the Broncos are. Even his completions are inaccurate.......

The only way he'll get better is by passing and learning from his mistakes. Yes he has made some pretty bad passes but he hasn't made any major mistakes that have costs us a game like a certain other QB **cough**Orton**cough**. He also knows his limitations and doesn't try and force throws that lead to red zone INT's like another QB we had a few years ago.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Even his completions are inaccurate.......

Don't get me wrong as I think I know where you are coming from, but that sounds stupid as shit.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 02:17 AM
I don't care about logic, stats, completion percentages and shit.

I CARE ABOUT WINS!!!!

horsepig
11-18-2011, 02:28 AM
I think McCoy is sandbagging Tebow... they run the spread O when they need a win at the end of the game... its almost as if they want to muck up the game and NOT SCORE... keep it close and let Tebow pull it out at the end.. is that crazy?

Not if the defense keeps playing like this.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Tebow is one of the bright young QBs in the NFL and has proved you WRONG. How do you like your crow?

Tebow= 4-1
Cam= 2-7
Sam= like 2-7 or whatever

Tebow > Cam > Sam

Tebow is a WINNER and the future franchise QB.

Tebow is one of the worst passers the league has seen in decades, you're confusing his success with that of the defense and ST's that keeps him in games and sets him up for his so-called late game magic.......

The only way he'll get better is by passing and learning from his mistakes. Yes he has made some pretty bad passes but he hasn't made any major mistakes that have costs us a game like a certain other QB **cough**Orton**cough**. He also knows his limitations and doesn't try and force throws that lead to red zone INT's like another QB we had a few years ago.

He's not making mistakes, don't misunderstand me, l am very impressed with him from that stand point. I'm talking about Tim Tebow as a QB, his limited skill set and horrible arm talent.......

Don't get me wrong as I think I know where you are coming from, but that sounds stupid as shit.

I'm talking about some catches that his receivers are forced to adjust to make, like the (l think) the only completion he had on the game winning drive.

It was a horrible pass to a wide open receiver, had Tebow hit him in stride he has a chance to get up field and get even more yardage. As it was l'm not even sure the pass was complete, he had to go to the ground to make the catch and they never showed the replay because Denver went Geronimo.

Honestly, great job on the final drive, but try not to get offended here.......he is a horrible passer.......

wayninja
11-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm talking about some catches that his receivers are forced to adjust to make, like the (l think) the only completion he had on the game winning drive.

:shrugs: Receivers should adjust to make catches. That's not new. If it were easy, it wouldn't pay nearly as well. If it's within 5 yards of you, it should be a gimme for as much as is doled out.

It was a horrible pass to a wide open receiver, had Tebow hit him in stride he has a chance to get up field and get even more yardage. As it was l'm not even sure the pass was complete, he had to go to the ground to make the catch and they never showed the replay because Denver went Geronimo.

I don't give a shit how pretty it is. Make the ******* play and stop worrying about how your vagina hair looks. News-*******-flash -- Tebow is not Rogers.

Honestly, great job on the final drive, but try not to get offended here.......he is a horrible passer.......

Horrible is too strong, but I admit not by much. He makes some great throws, especially in clutch situations (the most important in any sport). If we can get him to play every quarter like the game is on the line, we may have something.

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Tebow is one of the worst passers the league has seen in decades, you're confusing his success with that of the defense and ST's that keeps him in games and sets him up for his so-called late game magic.......

He's not making mistakes, don't misunderstand me, l am very impressed with him from that stand point. I'm talking about Tim Tebow as a QB, his limited skill set and horrible arm talent.......

I dont give a shit if he humps the football over the goal line... he scores and he wins.

He will improve on the rest now that he has bought himself some time..

McCoy better get his head out of his ass... three straight run plays up the gut with 7-8 min to go is piss poor... if the jets put a drive together there we lose.

He needs to get a bit more creative.

silkamilkamonico
11-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Imagine next year when Denver has a passing QB for the first 2.5 - 3 quarters and then sends Tebow in the 4th to either finish it out or come from behind and WIN. Tebow's a winner, period. I honestly think we could see an implementation of a closer of sorts with Tebow.

Denver would be unstoppable if we got a QB that can pass and then use Tebow when the game is close to finish it.

silkamilkamonico
11-18-2011, 02:41 AM
I dont give a shit if he humps the football over the goal line... he scores and he wins.

McCoy better get his head out of his ass... three straight run plays up the gut with 7-8 min to go is piss poor... if the jets put a drive together there we lose.

I agree for the most part, but while McCoy needs to get more creative, Tebow needs to put more faith in the passing game and quit throwing the ball in the dirt. The fact that he can't pass is a remarkable testament to how great he is in other areas of the game.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 02:42 AM

You'd hump the shit out of a football if Tebow did.

:D

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 02:44 AM
:shrugs: Receivers should adjust to make catches. That's not new. If it were easy, it wouldn't pay nearly as well. If it's within 5 yards of you, it should be a gimme for as much as is doled out.

I don't give a shit how pretty it is. Make the ******* play and stop worrying about how your vagina hair looks. News-*******-flash -- Tebow is not Rogers.

Horrible is too strong, but I admit not by much. He makes some great throws, especially in clutch situations (the most important in any sport). If we can get him to play every quarter like the game is on the line, we may have something.

l'm making a case against installing a spread offense.......News-*******-flash, Rodgers is running a lot of ******* spread.

Why is it so hard to understand? If your QB is a horrible passer, you hide his flaws by sticking him in his read/triple option so it can open those wide ******* open passing lanes he's used to in Urban Meyer's offense.

More option, less Tebow. Because, at this point, horrible is not too strong of a word. He's almost 21 months into his pro career and he's still no better than he was in college.

He has answered zero questions about his ability as an NFL passer, it's time to stop making excuses.......

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 02:46 AM
You'd hump the shit out of a football if Tebow did.

:D

Id cream my boxers before I could even my pants off.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 02:49 AM

McCoy bought Tebow some time, dude should have been benched at half time of the Raider game.

You need to start warming up to McCoy, he's the only thing keeping your boy from being the NFL's laughingstock at the moment.......

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 02:51 AM
l'm making a case against installing a spread offense.......News-*******-flash, Rodgers is running a lot of ******* spread.

Why is it so hard to understand? If your QB is a horrible passer, you hide his flaws by sticking him in his read/triple option so it can open those wide ******* open passing lanes he's used to in Urban Meyer's offense.

More option, less Tebow. Because, at this point, horrible is not too strong of a word. He's almost 21 months into his pro career and he's still no better than he was in college.

He has answered zero questions about his ability as an NFL passer, it's time to stop making excuses.......

You ever kick a brick wall?

There is nothing to make excuses for or apologize. If the kid can pull wins out while he is still developing what more could you want? 5-3 in 8 games dood! and all this while in your mind being the worst passer who ever lived.

You just sound like such a butthurt hater right now its embarrassing. Chill out watch how the season unfolds and then decide. Bashing your starting QB after he pulled us out of 1-4 to back in the hunt makes you look dooshy.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Id cream my boxers before I could even my pants off.

You funny, huh?

Well, let me tell you what. If Tebow gets the Broncos to the playoffs, I'll bust a load so fat that philippians wont have to struggle with daily meals. My juice will be so intreched with protein, that scientist will study my balls sack.

Get it?

silkamilkamonico
11-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Tebow just wins. People need to deal with it.

He also cannot throw the football. People need to deal with it.

Who cares. Denver is competing.

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 02:57 AM
You funny, huh?

Well, let me tell you what. If Tebow gets the Broncos to the playoffs, I'll bust a load so fat that philippians wont have to struggle with daily meals. My juice will be so intreched with protein, that scientist will study my balls sack.

Get it?

It will also be good for their skin. Kind of like a twofer...

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 03:00 AM
You ever kick a brick wall?

There is nothing to make excuses for or apologize. If the kid can pull wins out while he is still developing what more could you want? 5-3 in 8 games dood! and all this while in your mind being the worst passer who ever lived.

You just sound like such a butthurt hater right now its embarrassing. Chill out watch how the season unfolds and then decide. Bashing your starting QB after he pulled us out of 1-4 to back in the hunt makes you look dooshy.

I didn't say he was the worst passer who ever lived, just one of the worst passers in decades.

I'm not embarrassed about anything, l predicted this. Tebow getting a job he didn't earn, the Broncos being an 8-8 team regardless of who is at QB and Gator/Tebow fans acting like Tebow is the only reason they're winning.

And Tebow didn't pull "us" outta shit, Gatorfan, Denver is still 5-5 with Kyle ******* Orton at QB. The defense, ST's and the COACHES has pulled this team out of 1-4, Tebow has been inept 99% of the time.

Btw, if you think l'm dooshy now you should have known me before you boy became a Bronco.......

CrazyHorse
11-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Tebow just wins. People need to deal with it.

He also cannot throw the football. People need to deal with it.

Who cares. Denver is competing.

He can "throw" the football. Just not very well... yet.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:06 AM

WTF are you talking about? Are you seriously asking him to defend the 4-1 record? **** off.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 03:11 AM
WTF are you talking about? Are you seriously asking him to defend the 4-1 record? **** off.

I'm not asking him to defend shit, l sincerely doubt he even knows this message board exist.

I'm saying more running game and less Tebow until those passing lanes open Southeastern Conference wide.......

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 03:12 AM
It will also be good for their skin. Kind of like a twofer...

That the money shot. ;)

horsepig
11-18-2011, 03:17 AM

Or-cough-cough-Sanchez.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:20 AM
I'm not asking him to defend shit, l sincerely doubt he even knows this message board exist.

I'm saying more running game and less Tebow until those passing lanes open Southeastern Conference wide.......

It's easy to deny the existence of the internet. Having said that, I still have no idea what you are trying to say.

More running game and LESS Tebow? Despite the fact that he contributed 58 of the 95 yards needed for the game winning drive? Really?

horsepig
11-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Imagine next year when Denver has a passing QB for the first 2.5 - 3 quarters and then sends Tebow in the 4th to either finish it out or come from behind and WIN. Tebow's a winner, period. I honestly think we could see an implementation of a closer of sorts with Tebow.

Denver would be unstoppable if we got a QB that can pass and then use Tebow when the game is close to finish it.

Wont work.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 03:28 AM
It's easy to deny the existence of the internet. Having said that, I still have no idea what you are trying to say.

More running game and LESS Tebow? Despite the fact that he contributed 58 of the 95 yards needed for the game winning drive? Really?

I'm talking about less passing from Tebow and a commitment to the zone read/triple option, that's what l'm talking, at least until the run opens lanes wide enough for Tebow to be effective passing. Kinda like they're doing now. But l have no doubt that you know that is what l'm talking about.

Are you seriously in the mood to tickle fight all night, ****face? Cause this is getting tedious.......

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm talking about less passing from Tebow and a commitment to the zone read/triple option, that's what l'm talking, at least until the run opnes lanes wide enough for Tebow to be effective passing. But l have no doubt that you know that is wha tl'm talking about.

Are you seriously in the mood to tickle fight all night, ****face? Cause this is getting tedious.......

Less passing than what? I still haven't any idea where you are getting this shit from. He passes less than almost any QB (probably any QB) in the league. I think he has as many rush attempt as completions. And, what? You want less passing than that?

Explain to me how becoming more predictable helps us.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Less passing than what? I still haven't any idea where you are getting this shit from. He passes less than almost any QB (probably any QB) in the league. I think he has as many rush attempt as completions. And, what? You want less passing than that?

Explain to me how becoming more predictable helps us.

Dude! This thread is about going to a spread, that implies more passing from Tebow and less running in general, l'm saying less passing from Tebow and more running in general.

And this running game is anything but predictable, if anything is predictable it's the routes Tebow is comfortable with at the moment. This running game is what Tebow needs to open those passing lanes, he's getting single high S's. Can you imagine his inaccurate deep ducks to Decker coming down in 2-Deep? And those intermediate passes are there if he can hit them.

This gameplan is 2 and a half games strong, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Are you retarded? Cause that helps.......

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:48 AM
Dude! This thread is about going to a spread, that implies more passing from Tebow and less running in general

More passing? That's not what you said. Then again, I don't know WTF you are advocating.

I'm talking about less passing from Tebow and a commitment to the zone read/triple option

It's like trying to follow the GOP primaries with you. More passing, less passing, I can't ******* keep up with your shifty nonsense.

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Dude! This thread is about going to a spread, that implies more passing from Tebow and less running in general, l'm saying less passing from Tebow and more running in general.

And this running game is anything but predictable, if anything is predictable it's the routes Tebow is comfortable with at the moment. This running game is what Tebow needs to open those passing lanes, he's getting single high S's. Can you imagine his inaccurate deep ducks to Decker coming down in 2-Deep? And those intermediate passes are there if he can hit them.

This gameplan is 2 and a half games strong, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Are you retarded? Cause that helps.......

You dont get it.

The Spread gives Tim the option to pass or take off at any time. its what he was able to pass 10000 yards and 88 TDs in... its what he comfortable with and it puts the D in a bad spot... on their heels.

Dont give me no shit about how this is the NFL and it wont work... its worked as many times as they have tried it....

to be perfectly honest when Tebow is in the shotgun spread he has treated every NFL D like Mississippi State. As we saw tonight... pull him out of the spread and he looks like shit... it is what it is.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Yeah, you said that last time and despite the fancy red quoting it still makes no ******* sense. We are super run-heavy and you are advocating more runs. **** no.

No, dude, l am not saying even less passing than they're getting now, though that's not a bad idea either.

I'm describing the gameplan, the current gameplan is More Running and Less Tebow.

I'm becoming less and less surprised that you're still struggling with this. It reminds me of a puppy struggling to figure out a porcupine.......

wayninja
11-18-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm describing the gameplan, the current gameplan is More Running and Less Tebow.

I'm becoming less and less surprised that you're still struggling with this. It reminds me of a puppy struggling to figure out a porcupine.......

Dude, you keep contradicting yourself and I'm starting to think you are doing it on purpose.

More running = More Tebow.

If you don't know that then you haven't been here the last few weeks. I'm getting irritated trying to read your mind since you can't make it clear so **** off.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 04:01 AM
You dont get it.

The Spread gives Tim the option to pass or take off at any time. its what he was able to pass 10000 yards and 88 TDs in... its what he comfortable with and it puts the D in a bad spot... on their heels.

Dont give me no shit about how this is the NFL and it wont work... its worked as many times as they have tried it....

to be perfectly honest when Tebow is in the shotgun spread he has treated every NFL D like Mississippi State. As we saw tonight... pull him out of the spread and he looks like shit... it is what it is.

I get the spread, l also understand that there is no Urban Meyer spread in the NFL.

What l don't get is why Denver has trashed an entire NFL scheme to suit Tim Tebow and it's still not enough for his fans. They wiped their ass with 5 decades of football evolution for a 3rd string QB, you should be kissing their feet, Gatorfan.

Btw, the passing l witnessed tonight looks nothing like anything l've seen in highschool, much less Mississippi State.......

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Dude, you keep contradicting yourself and I'm starting to think you are doing it on purpose.

More running = More Tebow.

If you don't know that then you haven't been here the last few weeks. I'm getting irritated trying to read your mind since you can't make it clear so **** off.

More running from Tebow is super great to me, there is nothing contradictory about that.

This thread is about installing the spread, if you wanna install the spread to run Tebow l think you're missing the point of installing the spread.

GB didn't go to more spread so Rodgers could rack up rushing yards. Peyton Manning has run the spread his entire career, he's less athletic than Kyle Ortonary.

You're getting irritated because you put too much thought into it, you don't have to be a mindreader to see that.......

wayninja
11-18-2011, 04:09 AM
More running from Tebow is super great to me, there is nothing contradictory about that.

This thread is about installing the spread, if you wanna install the spread to run Tebow l think you're missing the point of installing the spread.

GB didn't go to more spread so Rodgers could rack up rushing yards. Peyton Manning has run the spread his entire career, he's less athletic than Kyle Ortonary.

You're getting irritated because you put too much thought into it, you don't have to be a mindreader to see that.......

You are right, I'm over-thinking it. Tebow should run more. Tebow should pass more.

Got it. Going to sleep now since that actually is sounding reasonable.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 04:12 AM
You are right, I'm over-thinking it. Tebow should run more. Tebow should pass more.

Got it. Going to sleep now since that actually is sounding reasonable.

Until he can hit the broad side of a barn Tebow should pass as little as the game allows him to. Sleep tight.......

ydave77
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
This thread has way too much anger for the day after a 4th quarter comeback win.

secund2nun
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE]Tebow is one of the worst passers the league has seen in decades, you're confusing his success with that of the defense and ST's that keeps him in games and sets him up for his so-called late game magic.......

So one of the worst passers in decades has 7 passing TDs 1 INT a 78 QB rating??????????

And if the defense and ST were so good why was the team 1-4 before Tebow took over as starter????????

Owned.

Tebow made you sad last night didn't he? WINNINGGGGGGGGGGG

He does not have limited skill. He has extreme potential. Each time they open up the offense, take the shackles off of him and let Tim be Tim he produces a great TD drive.

If they ever open up the offense full time it will be scary.

A completion is a completion- also the WRs suck remember the best WR was traded away. How many drops has Decker had??

If he is a horrible passer what does that make Sanchez, Bradford, Newton???

underrated29
11-18-2011, 12:29 PM

Isnt the skill set of the QB to win games and put points on the scoreboard? I mean is that not the very definition of the skill set. All the other crap, passing, running, handoffs etc are a means to and end. Those are a medium for what the position itself requires and that is to score and win.

IMO tebow has the best skill set in that we have seen since Elway.

And Tebow didn't pull "us" outta shit, Gatorfan, Denver is still 5-5 with Kyle ******* Orton at QB. The defense, ST's and the COACHES has pulled this team out of 1-4, Tebow has been inept 99% of the time.

Tebow didnt pull us outta shit? really?

So:
- its just coincidence since tebow has started our run game went from dead last in the nfl to 2nd?

-Its just coincidence that our record with kyle went from 1-4 to 4-1?

-Its just coincidence that the ENTIRE team started playing with more energy and better all around performance.

-Its just coicidence that Kyle Orton has never brought the broncos back from a deficit to win.

-Its just coincidence that Tim Tebow has brought the broncos back 4 TIMES to win.

-It is just coincidence that Tim Tebow scores TDs everytime when in the redzone and never kicks field goals.

These are all just coincidences right? I mean, none of this could at all, in any fashion, not even the slightest remote possibility, have anything, whatsoever to do with the most important position in football, our new quarterback, Tim Tebow.

Reality Check.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM

THey need to figure out what they want to run. Spread worked in Miami and against jets in the 4th quarter with Tebow being Tebow. The option was run against Oakland and KC. Detroit, Miami, and Jets all were mostly the original playbook with a couple changes. Tebow even confirmed that during the game the only ran the option a few times, WTH it worked wonders against Oakland and KC. The conventional ground and pound did not work so well against Miami, Detroit and Jets.

I wish McCoy would pick 1 and then modify it as needed per game. Hell go with the spread no huddle if you want Tebow to pass more. Do the option with PA, I dont care just do something that gets the offense in rhythm, rather then stumbling.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Until he can hit the broad side of a barn Tebow should pass as little as the game allows him to. Sleep tight.......

You mean like the pass that hit DT for 28 yards, the pass to Rosario. Both deep. What about the dropped passes, 4 or 5 of them in that game.