View Full Version : Josh on KOA

topscribe
01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Josh McDaniels on KOA Radio due NOW: http://www.850koa.com/main.html

Click on "Listen Live"

-----

underrated29
01-13-2009, 06:32 PM
will someone please update spardically, if listening.

I will show you my nipple.

topscribe
01-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Talking about beautiful Rockies.
Now have met with Turner and Dennison, have yet to meet with Bates.

Haven't touched bases with Cutler, although tried.

Please with reception and can't wait to get started.

Last season just was not right time to step out. Did a lot of preparation for
this year. When the situation in Denver arose, was really eager. Impressed by
Denver in coaching against them. Could tell it would be a good fit and looking
forward to it.

Great respect for the way the Broncos handled their end of the negotiations.

Asked about the daunting 2009 schedule, said "exciting." Said to get where
we're going we have to play the best teams in the league. Would put Denver
in that category.

Would not confirm Nolan as DC, but will get that info to us in the near future.
Thinks will be that, but not final.

Going to put together a system and not waver from it. Going to evaluate
personnel and be prepared every week. Need to help the players each to
become a success.

Improvements to be made on offense, defense, and STs, and going to address
all three.

Goal is to have a great spring. Got some time to get a staff together and get
the players involved. Got to get bigger, stronger, faster. A strong goal.

Father was great role model, got his passion from him.

Hoodie brought up. Joked a little, but said coming to work isn't a fashion show,
and they are there to work.

Wants to become a part of the Denver culture.

- end -

Jim Saccomano (sp?) said McD was meeting with coaches at 4:30 this morning. :shocked:

Now, U29, I want to see your nipple. :drool:

------

PatricktheDookie
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Grr KOA isn't working for me anymore.

I blame Vista.

topscribe
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM

I blame Vista.

I had to go to IE, for some reason. (I usually work in Firefox or Google's Chrome.)

-----

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't like that he has tried to contact Cutler but hasn't talked to him yet. Cutler better not be pulling his primadonna cry baby shit.

Watchthemiddle
01-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't like that he has tried to contact Cutler but hasn't talked to him yet. Cutler better not be pulling his primadonna cry baby shit.

Oh, Cutler is not that type...he would never do that...:rolleyes:

Nomad
01-13-2009, 06:53 PM

I blame Vista.

Is that what it is? I use to listen to KOA and The Fan on my other laptop but for some reason this laptop I can't and the Geek Squad updated the computer! Oh well!

honz
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Bowlen said he is out of town on vacation...somewhere with a beach. Bowlen said he had left him messages so Cutler probably just has his phone off...

GEM
01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Bowlen said he is out of town on vacation...somewhere with a beach. Bowlen said he had left him messages so Cutler probably just has his phone off...

Hoping that is true. He's the face of the franchise. I guess I just expected something like this he would be more involved. And before anyone says it.....Yes I do answer my phone when my boss calls while I'm on vacation.

honz
01-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Hoping that is true. He's the face of the franchise. I guess I just expected something like this he would be more involved. And before anyone says it.....Yes I do answer my phone when my boss calls while I'm on vacation.

Personally I turn my phone off on vacation. I don't want fools bothering me while I'm relaxing and having a good time.

G_Money
01-13-2009, 07:19 PM

Me too.

Especially if the new boss was being chosen and he wanted to talk with me.

I might put the surfboard down, sweep the emo-hair outta my eyes and answer.

Unless my name was Jake Plummer, and IIRC the whole point of getting Jay was to get away from that mentality.

Hopefully Jay takes off his wetsuit and calls the Boy Genius back. Then they can hang out together in the Bat Cave and plot away for the next several months. Jay understands how to study, so the one thing I'm not worried about is him learning a new playbook.

~G

GEM
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Personally I turn my phone off on vacation. I don't want fools bothering me while I'm relaxing and having a good time.

I wouldn't have a job if I didn't answer my phone on vacation. Hell...what am I talking about. My boss hasn't let me take vacation in 5 years. He always pays me the cash plus bonus to get me to stay. :laugh:

The sad part is my boss took his family down to Florida over the summer. He called me from Coco Beach telling me how he just wanted to get back to the office because he was miserable not working. :tsk:

Rick
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I wouldnt leave the phone on for my boss....but if I knew my old boss was just fired and i was getting a new boss I would.

And that has nothing to do with like/dislike of my boss. I like my boss.

But in something monu,mental like this...I would want to be in touch.

TXBRONC
01-13-2009, 07:28 PM

In what way do you think he needs to be more involved GEM? Also McDaniel's saying that tried get a hold of Jay and couldn't doesn't mean Jay blew him off. Unlike WTM I don't think Jay is primadona, as far as I know he still reputation of being coach able.

elsid13
01-13-2009, 07:30 PM

it depend were he is. If isn't any zone then he might not have gotten a call. It happens.

claymore
01-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Im sure a message was left. Cutler probably gets 800 calls a day.

He isnt emo, or a prima dona you hookers.

elsid13
01-13-2009, 07:47 PM

I prefer high class call girl. Hookers and crack whores get 10.00 a trick. I work for $100,000 a night. Yeah I am that good :D

Bill Devaroe
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't have a job if I didn't answer my phone on vacation. Hell...what am I talking about. My boss hasn't let me take vacation in 5 years. He always pays me the cash plus bonus to get me to stay. :laugh:

The sad part is my boss took his family down to Florida over the summer. He called me from Coco Beach telling me how he just wanted to get back to the office because he was miserable not working. :tsk:

That is retarded. It does not work, trust me. I have had jobs like that, and believe me that you will be an alcoholic with hypertension and gray hair soon. I know it makes you feel important, but it is not worth it in my opinion. Everyone needs time to unwind...it is not a vacation unless you have nothing to do but drink Mai Tai's in the sun, and forget about all those horrible ******** for one week.

Back to football...

Requiem / The Dagda
01-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for that heart to heart Bill Devaroe.

MOtorboat
01-13-2009, 09:19 PM
:chills:

Nice...:2thumbs:

Ziggy
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I listened to most of the interview. The thing that stood out to me was how many times he talked about having play "tough." I think the last time this team really played tough was in 1998. It would be nice to see again.

WARHORSE
01-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Well..........what do you mean by 'BOSS'?

Boss can mean a whole lotta stuff in this crazy world of inuendo and nicknames....................:coffee:

I can honestly say that I answer my phone when the "BOSS" calls myself as well.

Even though I own the company.:cool:

Ya feelin me?

lol............

underrated29
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
That is retarded. It does not work, trust me. I have had jobs like that, and believe me that you will be an alcoholic with hypertension and gray hair soon. I know it makes you feel important, but it is not worth it in my opinion. Everyone needs time to unwind...it is not a vacation unless you have nothing to do but drink Mai Tai's in the sun, and forget about all those horrible ******** for one week.

Back to football...

Wow Bill!

Thats a huge step for you........I am begining to think that you post a lot when you are enjoying those mai tais.

This is not one of those times though.

claymore
01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for that heart to heart Bill Devaroe.

Wow Bill!

Thats a huge step for you........I am begining to think that you post a lot when you are enjoying those mai tais.

This is not one of those times though.

You guys are rough.

underrated29
01-13-2009, 09:53 PM
That was a 100% genuine compliment to the man. His post was lucid and well thought out. It made sense and followed all gramatical terms and rules. I really liked it.

Some of his previous posts..lol.....in the past though have been less than efficient.

I am looking forward to see bill post more.:salute:

Scarface
01-14-2009, 08:11 AM

I love jumping to conclusions and automatically thinking the worst of people.

Nomad
01-14-2009, 08:22 AM
GEM, I understand what and why you said this! Being Cutler was demanding for Bates to stay and Cutler being the leader of this team, he should of called McDaniels (right away) and welcomed him to the team and let him know he will do whatever to help make this team better regardless of being on vacation.

Dirk
01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
GEM, I understand what and why you said this! Being Cutler was demanding for Bates to stay and Cutler being the leader of this team, he should of called McDaniels (right away) and welcomed him to the team and let him know he will do whatever to help make this team better regardless of being on vacation.

I agree, but Jay is still young and must not understand "networking" techniques. :lol:

CoachChaz
01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Worst case it comes down to maturity or lack thereof. I'm sure Cutler knows that he has a new head coach and yes, it would probably be the mature thing to contact him and converse with him on some level or another. it's not the end of the world, but Jay is young and probably has other "priorities" right now. I dont think it's anything to be concerned about.

Nomad
01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Worst case it comes down to maturity or lack thereof. I'm sure Cutler knows that he has a new head coach and yes, it would probably be the mature thing to contact him and converse with him on some level or another. it's not the end of the world, but Jay is young and probably has other "priorities" right now. I dont think it's anything to be concerned about.

No Chaz, it's not the end of the world and things will work out! Cutler has built his own reputation of being a little childish at times. I believe the leader of the team should be the example then again McDaniels could not have commented on the issue.Oh well, I'm not going to stress over it and worst case scenerio give them both a pair of boxing gloves and let them go at it!!

LRtagger
01-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Like was said before...depends on where he is.

I took a trip to Bermuda two years ago and had no cell service.

Some tropical getaways have no phones, no TV, no internet. I watch the travel channel every once in a while when they are showing tropical vacations and a lot of those resorts are like that. There is no telling where he is or what he is doing.

I am usually very critical of Jay, but this situation doesn't worry me at the moment...given our lack of knowledge of the situation. I'm pretty confident that Jay is not ignoring the situation...seeing as how he always likes to give his 2 cents whether good or bad.

Nomad
01-14-2009, 09:02 AM

Some tropical getaways have no phones, no TV, no internet. I watch the travel channel every once in a while when they are showing tropical vacations and a lot of those resorts are like that. There is no telling where he is or what he is doing.

I am usually very critical of Jay, but this situation doesn't worry me at the moment...given our lack of knowledge of the situation. I'm pretty confident that Jay is not ignoring the situation...seeing as how he always likes to give his 2 cents whether good or bad.

A tropical vacation sounds awesome right now instead of being in this deep freezer of NODAK. I guess I couldn't blame him sippin on a hurrricane and listening to Jimmy Buffet!

GEM
01-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Clay if you call me a hooker again, I'll hook you alright. I'll borrow girlers hooks and give you some flesh wounds. ;)

GEM
01-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I said I HOPE that isn't the case. Going by some of his behavior in the past it begs to reason.

claymore
01-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Clay if you call me a hooker again, I'll hook you alright. I'll borrow girlers hooks and give you some flesh wounds. ;)

Lets not argue to in front of the kids. Lets take this to PM.

GEM
01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Lets not argue to in front of the kids. Lets take this to PM.

:laugh:

WTE
01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Josh McDaniels on KOA Radio due NOW: http://www.850koa.com/main.html

Click on "Listen Live"

-----

Tops,

You seem very excited about having a former "Patsy" leading your Beloved Broncos.

Oh the irony!

I love it!

claymore
01-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Tops,

You seem very excited about having a former "Patsy" leading your Beloved Broncos.

Oh the irony!

I love it!

That hurts. :tsk:

topscribe
01-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Tops,

Oh the irony!

I love it!

I'm happy for anybody who chooses to work with real men. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thwink.gif

-----

BroncoJoe
01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
At the beginning of the interview when they asked about Cutler, McDaniels said "we've exchanged messages".

Sounds to me like Cutler did try to reach him. Also, McD said Cutler is out of the country.

WTE
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm happy for anybody who chooses to work with real men. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thwink.gif

-----

The only "real men" I see are wearing Red, White and Blue. :laugh:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6229/moss2cr6.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7684/mossxv9.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9948/moss3bx3.jpg

Medford Bronco
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
A tropical vacation sounds awesome right now instead of being in this deep freezer of NODAK. I guess I couldn't blame him sippin on a hurrricane and listening to Jimmy Buffet!

Its yukky here as well with a high of 17 and there will be three days in a row with highs that dont reach 20. I hate winter big time. :mad:

topscribe
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
The only "real men" I see are wearing Red, White and Blue. :laugh:

Oh, if only this were in Smack . . . :mad2:

:D

-----

WTE
01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh, if only this were in Smack . . . :mad2:

:D

-----

It's weird for both of us Tops.

Your team is a little bit more "Patsy" and for the first time in my life I like the Denver Broncos. :beer:

topscribe
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
It's weird for both of us Tops.

Your team is a little bit more "Patsy" and for the first time in my life I like the Denver Broncos. :beer:

So, you're saying, then, that the 2008 Broncos reminded you of your team, right? ;)

-----

underrated29
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
The only "real men" I see are wearing Orange, White and Blue. :laugh:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6229/moss2cr6.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7684/mossxv9.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9948/moss3bx3.jpg

I would have to totally agree. Those are the only men i see too. Wearing those colors.

WTE
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
So, you're saying, then, that the 2008 Broncos reminded you of your team, right? ;)

-----

For the first 4 games they did. Then for the rest of the year they reminded me of the Denver Broncos from the last decade. :laugh:

topscribe
01-14-2009, 12:32 PM
For the first 4 games they did. Then for the rest of the year they reminded me of the Denver Broncos from the last decade. :laugh:

Oh THAT team . . . the one that kept beating up on your patsies.

Okay, I'm with ya now. :D

-----

WTE
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh THAT team . . . the one that kept beating up on your patsies.

Okay, I'm with ya now. :D

-----

Good one Tops.

Looks like you still got it. :salute:

Medford Bronco
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
I would have to totally agree. Those are the only men i see too. Wearing those colors.

where is Nate Webster or did he overrun the play and was out of bounds on the other sideline:lol:

GEM
01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
where is Nate Webster or did he overrun the play and was out of bounds on the other sideline:lol:

He was trying to find his helmet on the other side of the field. :coffee:

bcbronc
01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
So McD hasn't spoken to Cutler or Bates yet?

*on a tropical beach somewhere*

"Oh, Jay, hold me. I'm so afraid."

"Don't worry, Batesy. I'm going to get you through this."

"I'm so alone now. You're all I have. Promise me, you'll never let me go."

"You can call my plays anytime."

*ring, ring*

"Don't answer it Jay. It's him. Just let us have this last time together."

"Sure Batesy. Whatever you want. Now, how about rubbing some more sunscreen onto my chest."

"Oh, Jay............................"

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
As for Cutler......

He's probably still a little upset/heartbroken/etc about losing Shanahan. The kids still only 25 years old and maturing, and he's going to do stupid things like every other 25.

I say give him a couple weeks to finish sulking about Shanahan, and preparing himself for the next coaching staff. He knows there's no going back, but I wouldn't quite blame him for not immediately embracing McDaniels. It's a business decision made that is going to affect Cutler as well.

After that, yea, he "better quit his primadonna cry baby crap...".

MOtorboat
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
So McD hasn't spoken to Cutler or Bates yet?

*on a tropical beach somewhere*

"Oh, Jay, hold me. I'm so afraid."

"Don't worry, Batesy. I'm going to get you through this."

"I'm so alone now. You're all I have. Promise me, you'll never let me go."

"You can call my plays anytime."

*ring, ring*

"Don't answer it Jay. It's him. Just let us have this last time together."

"Sure Batesy. Whatever you want. Now, how about rubbing some more sunscreen onto my chest."

"Oh, Jay............................"

:eek:

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
As for Cutler......

He's probably still a little upset/heartbroken/etc about losing Shanahan. The kids still only 25 years old and maturing, and he's going to do stupid things like every other 25.

I say give him a couple weeks to finish sulking about Shanahan, and preparing himself for the next coaching staff. He knows there's no going back, but I wouldn't quite blame him for not immediately embracing McDaniels. It's a business decision made that is going to affect Cutler as well.

After that, yea, he "better quit his primadonna cry baby crap...".

How do you know he was or is sulking?

I just saw a video clip of Woody Paige and in the clip Woody said Jay is fine the hiring of McDaniels.

Tned
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM

He might be spending a week with Jake in a moutain cabin...

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
How do you know he was or is sulking?

I just saw a video clip of Woody Paige and in the clip Woody said Jay is fine the hiring of McDaniels.

Jay is sulking? Did he not like the hire?

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Jay is sulking? Did he not like the hire?

You're making an assumption you don't have any proof. As I said I just saw video clip from Woody Paige and he said Jay was supportive of McDaniels hiring.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
You're making an assumption you don't have any proof. As I said I just saw video clip from Woody Paige and he said Jay was supportive of McDaniels hiring.

I'm not making anything. I'm just responding to the people saying Cutler was probably sulking. If he was still sulking that's how I would view him handling it.

And Woody Paige doesn't know chit.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm not making anything. I'm just responding to the people saying Cutler was probably sulking. If he was still sulking that's how I would view him handling it.

Since its his job to follow the he knows a whole hell of a lot more than you or me.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Since its his job to follow the he knows a whole hell of a lot more than you or me.

Right. I'm sure Cutler immediately responded Woody's phone calls. That was his priority before getting back to McDaniels and Bowlen.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Right. I'm sure Cutler immediately responded Woody's phone calls. That was his priority before getting back to McDaniels and Bowlen.

So you get paid the DP to follow the Broncos so you know the ish. You're pulling this out of somewhere and it is not necessarily the air.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2009, 03:14 PM
So you get paid the DP to follow the Broncos so you know the ish. You're pulling this out of somewhere and it is not necessarily the air.

I'm pulling what out of nowhere? An opinion on Woody getting a hold of Cutler while McDaniels and Bowlen can't?

You're wrong, I don't get paid, and I don't know the ins of the Broncos. I do know enough common sense to see the absurdity in Cutler responding to an analyst who has done nothing but trash the Broncos and Cutler, when his own coach, and owner can't.

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM

what Else is he gonna say at this point? and woody well he is named aptly..

how could parents know so early what their kid is going to going to grow up to be?..

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm pulling what out of nowhere? An opinion on Woody getting a hold of Cutler while McDaniels and Bowlen can't?

You're wrong, I don't get paid, and I don't know the ins of the Broncos. I do know enough common sense to see the absurdity in Cutler responding to an analyst who has done nothing but trash the Broncos and Cutler, when his own coach, and owner can't.

that is how most normal folks think IMHO.. but then of course it could really be Jay and wooody setting in a tree...

Bozo Jr.
01-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I'd like to see Jay step up to the plate and and at least send a statement in regards to McDanielson's hiring. Vacation or not, the Broncos fans are waiting and becoming impatient. Time to wake up, loose your pessimism, and arrogance concerning the McChange Jay, were all waiting gunslinger! :salute:

TXBRONC
01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
I'd like to see Jay step up to the plate and and at least send a statement in regards to McDanielson's hiring. Vacation or not, the Broncos fans are waiting and becoming impatient. Time to wake up, loose your pessimism, and arrogance concerning the McChange Jay, were all waiting gunslinger! :salute:

I think when its all said and done Jay and McDaniel will be fine.

fcspikeit
01-15-2009, 02:41 AM

DJ's glove must have been coming off again, he looks like he was trying to tackle Faulk with his foot..

fcspikeit
01-15-2009, 03:04 AM
After reading through this thread, I am a bit surprised... I remember reading a thread on the Bolts board last year, where about half the fans there were trashing Rivers.. I always put Broncos fans in a higher class then that..

At least Rivers has done classless act's, Cutler has done nothing here to deserve this.. No one here knows a damn thing about what Cutlers doing. We don't know if he has talked with Pat or coach McDaniels... Why are so many here assuming the worst?

Seriously, a lot of the crap wrote in this thread would have been better served on the Bolts board... The official Chargers Forum (http://forums.chargers.com/index.php?)

TXBRONC
01-15-2009, 08:27 AM
After reading through this thread, I am a bit surprised... I remember reading a thread on the Bolts board last year, where about half the fans there were trashing Rivers.. I always put Broncos fans in a higher class then that..

At least Rivers has done classless act's, Cutler has done nothing here to deserve this.. No one here knows a damn thing about what Cutlers doing. We don't know if he has talked with Pat or coach McDaniels... Why are so many here assuming the worst?

Seriously, a lot of the crap wrote in this thread would have been better served on the Bolts board... The official Chargers Forum (http://forums.chargers.com/index.php?)

SWM has posted a new article that McDaniels and Jay have talked and that it was productive phone converstation. The article reads like it wasn't anything serious.

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 12:33 PM

Jay has made himself into some what of a primadonna, with his sulking on the sidelines after a bad series, or having bad press conferences.. and then the stronger arm fubar.

So after slamming Pats decision to fire mikey, publicly stating he wasn't to have a big part in deciding on the new HC and demanding that Bates be retained and last but not least not being available to chat with the new boss man well I can see why folks are calling this immature twit out..

Traveler
01-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Jay has made himself into some what of a primadonna, with his sulking on the sidelines after a bad series, or having bad press conferences.. and then the stronger arm fubar.

So after slamming Pats decision to fire mikey, publicly stating he wasn't to have a big part in deciding on the new HC and demanding that Bates be retained and last but not least not being available to chat with the new boss man well I can see why folks are calling this immature twit out..

Guess the Cutler honeymoon is over, huh? I agree with you on the sulking press conferences and criticism of Mike getting canned, but not sure that he was demanding the other things mentioned or purposefully being unavailable to the new coach.

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Guess the Cutler honeymoon is over, huh? I agree with you on the sulking press conferences and criticism of Mike getting canned, but not sure that he was demanding the other things mentioned or purposefully being unavailable to the new coach.

whether true or not and I'd suspect had he not done so, HE would have set the record straight in an interview..

At least I would have... but then most folks consider me to be mature..

if he did make those comments then it is an act of a pouty kid that did not get his way.. and now has some fence mending to do..

GEM
01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I think I was the first one to make that comment in this thread. I said I HOPE he wasn't doing that. His past digressions put the question there. It has since been shown that they have talked and I haven't mentioned it since. His actions dictate what people think of him.

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I think I was the first one to make that comment in this thread. I said I HOPE he wasn't doing that. His past digressions put the question there. It has since been shown that they have talked and I haven't mentioned it since. His actions dictate what people think of him.

his past actions.. mikey let him do his thing and rarely called him out.. In fact I do not remember seeing or hearing of any Mikey/Jake type chats on the sidelines..

Now again I only got to see 6-7 games this year.. so it might have happened but I do not remember hearing about it from forum discussions..

So It sounded like Jay got away with things if that was the case not saying there were not chats in the film room.. but there was a perception that he was mikeys Boy also..

I am and will continue to say IMHO he needs to mature and realize he can learn from the coaches..

Nomad
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Well GEM,you're right and I could care less about his stats or mistakes on the field because he'll make them! And I could really care less about his comparison to Elway which so many refer to. What I care about is that he wears a "C" on his jersey which means he's a team captain and the top leader of this team. And yes, i expect him to carry himself as a leader/captain, which in my experience of playing and coaching and being around football since the 5th grade, he hasn't done a very good job. I'm glad they finally spoke but Jay should have been the first to contact McDaniels and he should come out in a tv interview and do it! Other than that, life goes on, BRONCOS will be fine and looking forward to the new coaching staff and the players they bring in from the draft/FA!

G_Money
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I just think it’s funny how many people get bent out of shape at the mere idea that there could be something Jay might want to work on, or that maybe his feelings about something aren’t the panacea for all wounds.

Do I think Jay is sitting on a beach sulking into his Mai Tai about his best bud not getting the gig and Jay’s whims not being bent over backward for?

Not really, no.

Do I think he’s an emotional kid with a temper and a mouth that tends to say what he feels instead of practicing diplomacy? Yeah. And as GEM says, it's Jay's past remarks that put the question out there in the first place.

Do I think there’s any trouble in Broncoland between Jay and the Broncos? No, not yet.

Do I think we should pretend that Jay is a lobotomized boy scout who always thinks everything is sunshine and roses? No.

Jay is what he is. He’s mercurial and proud and mouthy, and a ridiculous talent who is our best chance at a SB-winning quarterback since the last SB-winning quarterback we had. Most great QBs are thoroughbreds – high-strung and in need of the proper guidance to really become confident, dominant champions.

But keep an eye on him. It’s always possible that 3 years from now we’ll be firing McDaniels and bringing back his friend Bates as HC in order to keep him here.

Jay is not the straw that stirs the drink yet, so right now he needs to get with the program, and I’m sure he will.

A few years from now may be a different story. Let’s all hope we’re playing for a SB by then and we can pretend Jay walks on water – like our last SB-winning QB did.

~G

fcspikeit
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM

So he is a bad loser and at times he's overconfident? Big deal!! None of that would have anything to do with this..

Now he slammed Pat's decision? I want a link to this alleged slamming

He really said he wants a "big part in deciding the new head coach" and he "demanded" Bates be retained? Again, I want a link.

There has been reports that he has been in touch with McDaniels.. Who knows what was going on when McDaniels said he hadn't been able to get in touch with him? There is no proof he doesn't like McDaniels or is even upset about the hire.. If you had any I suppose you would have posted that instead of just shooting off insults at him

fcspikeit
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM

So if the actual truth is he has talked with McDaniels, then his actions have shown everyone who was bashing him was doing it without reason..

What would you say to those who are still bashing him?

GEM
01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
So if the actual truth is he has talked with McDaniels, then his actions have shown everyone who was bashing him was doing it without reason..

What would you say to those who are still bashing him?

I say they have their opinion and who am I to get all bent out of shape about it. Everyone has opinions...doesn't mean they're fact. ;)

fcspikeit
01-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I just think it’s funny how many people get bent out of shape at the mere idea that there could be something Jay might want to work on, or that maybe his feelings about something aren’t the panacea for all wounds.

Do I think Jay is sitting on a beach sulking into his Mai Tai about his best bud not getting the gig and Jay’s whims not being bent over backward for?

Not really, no.

Do I think he’s an emotional kid with a temper and a mouth that tends to say what he feels instead of practicing diplomacy? Yeah. And as GEM says, it's Jay's past remarks that put the question out there in the first place.

Do I think there’s any trouble in Broncoland between Jay and the Broncos? No, not yet.

Do I think we should pretend that Jay is a lobotomized boy scout who always thinks everything is sunshine and roses? No.

Jay is what he is. He’s mercurial and proud and mouthy, and a ridiculous talent who is our best chance at a SB-winning quarterback since the last SB-winning quarterback we had. Most great QBs are thoroughbreds – high-strung and in need of the proper guidance to really become confident, dominant champions.

But keep an eye on him. It’s always possible that 3 years from now we’ll be firing McDaniels and bringing back his friend Bates as HC in order to keep him here.

Jay is not the straw that stirs the drink yet, so right now he needs to get with the program, and I’m sure he will.

A few years from now may be a different story. Let’s all hope we’re playing for a SB by then and we can pretend Jay walks on water – like our last SB-winning QB did.

~G

G I agree,

I have never said Cutler doesn't have some growing up to do. There are a lot of past events he should have done or said differently.

That is not the same as what some are accusing him of here. If you didn't know the truth and read this for the first time, you would assume Cutler was throwing a fit about this and thinking about demanding a trade or holding out.

Everyone knows that is far worse then anything he has done up to this point.

Some have made him sound like TO.. He hasn't done anything up to this point to deserve the label of locker room cancer. Bailey hasn't said anything about the new hire, I could just as soon make up a bunch of crap and post it about him.

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Now he slammed Pat's decision? I want a link to this alleged slamming

He really said he wants a "big part in deciding the new head coach" and he "demanded" Bates be retained? Again, I want a link.

There has been reports that he has been in touch with McDaniels.. Who knows what was going on when McDaniels said he hadn't been able to get in touch with him? There is no proof he doesn't like McDaniels or is even upset about the hire.. If you had any I suppose you would have posted that instead of just shooting off insults at him

When you speak out about the owner firing the coach it is a Fair assessment that he slammed it.. do not like it keep you mouth shut in public and talk to the man..

there were lots of links and post concerning this earlier in the year.. so look them up if it is that important to you..

Yes there have NOW been reports I believe the came out today about the two of them having a "lively" talk about it..

Had it been me I'd have made sure I was one of the first to talk to him I would have initiated the phone calls.. I would have been in the nearest TV station denying all the talk going around if it were not true.. and believe me where ever he is there is a Sports caster that would love to have a chat with Jay about his new coach.. So to say he does not have or did not have the chance to do so is not going to fly..

I would also guess that If Jay called for his new boss the Dove valley switch board would have put him through.. It is not like it was the janitor calling to wish him well.. It sounds to me and that is all it is that Jay was not the one to initiate the phone calls.. That Mc Kid did and King Jay was not quite ready to receive him..

Jay needs to grow (mature) up IMO and allow his mouth to catch up to his strong arm..

Broncospsycho77
01-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I reserve judgment until I see something on the field. Jay can bicker for what he believes in; he's got the leader gene, and he's probably not right in "rebelling" (though I doubt that's the case: Jay just speaks his mind).

Hell, they haven't even met yet. Nothing to see here, IMO, until McDaniels is actually on the sideline and a conflict of interest goes between them.

LordTrychon
01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
When you speak out about the owner firing the coach it is a Fair assessment that he slammed it.. do not like it keep you mouth shut in public and talk to the man..

there were lots of links and post concerning this earlier in the year.. so look them up if it is that important to you..

Yes there have NOW been reports I believe the came out today about the two of them having a "lively" talk about it..

Had it been me I'd have made sure I was one of the first to talk to him I would have initiated the phone calls.. I would have been in the nearest TV station denying all the talk going around if it were not true.. and believe me where ever he is there is a Sports caster that would love to have a chat with Jay about his new coach.. So to say he does not have or did not have the chance to do so is not going to fly..

I would also guess that If Jay called for his new boss the Dove valley switch board would have put him through.. It is not like it was the janitor calling to wish him well.. It sounds to me and that is all it is that Jay was not the one to initiate the phone calls.. That Mc Kid did and King Jay was not quite ready to receive him..

Jay needs to grow (mature) up IMO and allow his mouth to catch up to his strong arm..

If it was phone tag as McDaniels referred to it, then both men tried to reach each other and failed at least once.

Unless McDaniels is lying too.

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
If it was phone tag as McDaniels referred to it, then both men tried to reach each other and failed at least once.

Unless McDaniels is lying too.

as I have consistently said If I knew I had a new boss and wanted to tell him welcome, good luck and lobby for my existing coaches. I would have made the first call and absolutely made sure "IF" I had to leave a message I caught the call on the return.. Probably second ring..

I will reiterate that if Jay were calling I'll bet almost any amount that the switch board would put him right through..

I would have also tried to get on a local (wherever he is) TV show to put any doubts of the FO to rest considering my earlier comments about not liking the Mikey firing and wanting to be involved in the choosing of the new coach..

but then that is just me..

fcspikeit
01-15-2009, 06:25 PM

Maybe Cutler tried to call McDaniels first? It is pretty clear with the phone tag comment, he did try and call McDaniels.

Just so you know, there is NOTHING going around.. There is no need for Cutler to call sports center and say anything about the hire.. No one with any credibility has even hinted Cutler was upset with McDaniels as the HC.. There hasn't even been a BS piece about it. Except for what has been wrote here by people who have no idea what their talking about..

Cutler said I didn't want Shanahan do be fired, he said he liked Bates as the QB coach and play caller. That in no way shape or form is saying he don't like McDaniels.. He respected and backed his coaches, why is that wrong?
Would it have been better if he had sad he thought Shanahan should have been fired?

If he made a point to call and lobby for Bates, he would have got ripped for that. Besides that, you have no idea if he did try and call to do just that. Maybe he did after they finally talked?

Your pulling his past comment way out of context. I don't believe he "demanded" to Pat for Bates to stay. I don't believe he said "I want a big part in the decision making". I don't believe he "slammed" Pat for firing Shanahan. I believe you made all that up and put the spin on what he did say to support your own agenda...

This is ridicules! People were upset because he called Pat and talked about the firing as if he had any say, now their upset with Cutler because he didn't call McDaniels with his input.. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Maybe Cutler tried to call McDaniels first? It is pretty clear with the phone tag comment, he did try and call McDaniels.

Just so you know, there is NOTHING going around.. There is no need for Cutler to call sport center and say anything about the hire.. No one with any credibility has has hinted Cutler was upset with McDaniels as the HC.. There hasn't even been a BS piece about it. Except for what has been wrote here by people who have no idea what their talking about..

Cutler said I didn't want Shanahan do be fired, he said he like Bates as the QB coach and play caller. That in no way shape or form is saying he don't like McDaniels.. He respected and backed his coaches, why is that wrong?
Would it have been better if he had sad he thought Shanahan should have been fired?

If he made a point to call and lobby for Bates, he would have got ripped for that. Besides that, you have no idea if he did try and call.

Your pulling his past comment way out of context. I don't believe he "demanded" to Pat for Bates to stay. I don't believe he said "I want a big part in the decision making". I don't believe he "slammed" Pat for firing Shanahan. I believe you made all that up and put the spin on what he did say to support your fantasies...

This is ridicules! People were upset because he called Pat and talked about the firing as if he had any say, now their upset with Cutler because he didn't call McDaniels with his input.. :rolleyes:

we can agree to disagree on good employee tactics..

I've just been in the work force for 49 years and been in a mangement position for 38 years what do I know..

broncosinindy
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Well GEM,you're right and I could care less about his stats or mistakes on the field because he'll make them! And I could really care less about his comparison to Elway which so many refer to. What I care about is that he wears a "C" on his jersey which means he's a team captain and the top leader of this team. And yes, i expect him to carry himself as a leader/captain, which in my experience of playing and coaching and being around football since the 5th grade, he hasn't done a very good job. I'm glad they finally spoke but Jay should have been the first to contact McDaniels and he should come out in a tv interview and do it! Other than that, life goes on, BRONCOS will be fine and looking forward to the new coaching staff and the players they bring in from the draft/FA!

You let a guy play his game. and you will end up with brett farve. Its great to be confident and make plays. its another thing to make boneheaded plays much like he did this year at cruicial times. at some point you have to rein in yoru QB sometimes. Flame me all you want but its the truth

broncosinindy
01-15-2009, 11:39 PM
If he continues to show his emtion on his sleeves like that and people will be able to know what buttons to push and get in his head. i really think that is one of the reasons SD owns us.

Lonestar
01-16-2009, 12:38 AM
If he continues to show his emotion on his sleeves like that and people will be able to know what buttons to push and get in his head. i really think that is one of the reasons SD owns us.

I read somewhere in an out if state new paper, that the DC book on him was get in his grill/face and he is pretty effectively taken out of his game..

Whether this is true I do not know but one of our opponents thought so.. and talking about it..

fcspikeit
01-16-2009, 01:15 AM
we can agree to disagree on good employee tactics..

I've just been in the work force for 49 years and been in a mangement position for 38 years what do I know..

Jr, I agree Cutler probably could have done more to make McDaniels feel welcome.. Even then, maybe he texted McDaniels to welcome him? who knows.

I am not saying Cutler is a saint, as with most everyone I know at that age, he still has some growing up to do. I just disagreed with the extrema it was taken is all.

Seriously, if someone had read all that who didn't know the facts, they would think Cutler is off crying somewhere about having McDaniels as our HC. I haven't heard a single negative comment from Cutler about the hiring of McDaniels. Except for the fact he really likes Shanahan and Bates, I bet he's glad knowing he has a HC who believes in throwing the football.. If we went with a Conservative HC, I could see him making more of a stink..

I read somewhere in an out if state new paper, that the DC book on him was get in his grill/face and he is pretty effectively taken out of his game..

Whether this is true I do not know but one of our opponents thought so.. and talking about it..

He is a passionate player, I am much the same. I believe I play better when I get pissed. But I admit, it does take me out of the game plan.. For instance, I have been blocked a couple times in a row trying to face the blocker after he was talking trash.. However, after I drove his nose into his ear hole and tears were running down his face, he made sure to close his eyes and tuck his head from there on out. It's mighty hard to block like that :D

Outdoor Doubles is fun, if your going to talk trash to me, you better take off those 200.00 sunglasses ;)

broncosinindy
01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Jr, I agree Cutler probably could have done more to make McDaniels feel welcome.. Even then, maybe he texted McDaniels to welcome him? who knows.

I am not saying Cutler is a saint, as with most everyone I know at that age, he still has some growing up to do. I just disagreed with the extrema it was taken is all.

Seriously, if someone had read all that who didn't know the facts, they would think Cutler is off crying somewhere about having McDaniels as our HC. I haven't heard a single negative comment from Cutler about the hiring of McDaniels. Except for the fact he really likes Shanahan and Bates, I bet he's glad knowing he has a HC who believes in throwing the football.. If we went with a Conservative HC, I could see him making more of a stink..

He is a passionate player, I am much the same. I believe I play better when I get pissed. But I admit, it does take me out of the game plan.. For instance, I have been blocked a couple times in a row trying to face the blocker after he was talking trash.. However, after I drove his nose into his ear hole and tears were running down his face, he made sure to close his eyes and tuck his head from there on out. It's mighty hard to block like that :D

Outdoor Doubles is fun, if your going to talk trash to me, you better take off those 200.00 sunglasses ;)
I am a MMA fighter and i know when i get pissed i lose. You gotta keep a cool head. I used to be a major hot head and since i have learned to keep my anger in check it has been very beneficial to me. There is a definite differance between being a cry baby and determined. just by what i see on field. i see a cry baby hothead. i cant remember what game it was but i seen jay at a crucial time in a game on a fourth down didnt even try and when he threw the pick he just stomped off the field. just my two pennies

fcspikeit
01-17-2009, 02:29 AM
I am a MMA fighter and i know when i get pissed i lose. You gotta keep a cool head. I used to be a major hot head and since i have learned to keep my anger in check it has been very beneficial to me. There is a definite differance between being a cry baby and determined. just by what i see on field. i see a cry baby hothead. i cant remember what game it was but i seen jay at a crucial time in a game on a fourth down didnt even try and when he threw the pick he just stomped off the field. just my two pennies

I think he is really hard on himself after making a mistake...

How can someone be a cry baby hothead? Is that like being pissed and crying at the same time? LOL