PDA

View Full Version : Raiders granted permission to talk to Jeremy Bates

ikillz0mbies
01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates has been granted permission by the team to talk with the Oakland Raiders about a job on that team's coaching staff.

Raiders owner Al Davis, who has been hospitalized in recent weeks, has been interviewing head-coaching candidates. The Raiders sought, in writing, and were granted permission to speak with Bates about a role on a new coaching staff, possibly even head coach.

Bates, 32, just finished his first season as the Broncos' primary play-caller. Quarterback Jay Cutler set a franchise single-season record for yards passing and earned his first Pro Bowl trip.

Bates is one of four offensive assistants from Mike Shanahan's former staff, in addition to Rick Dennison, Bobby Turner and Jedd Fisch, who are slated to meet with new coach Josh McDaniels to stay on the staff.

However, McDaniels has already said he will call plays in the Broncos' offense, so Bates' role moving forward could be limited to coaching the quarterbacks and participating in the game planning.

Turner and Dennison met with McDaniels on Tuesday.

Bates is out of town and could not be reached for comment.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/13/broncos-give-bates-ok-talk-raiders/?partner=RSS

JONtheBRONCO
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Beat me to it.. I don't like this at all....

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 05:00 PM
I suspect a lot of people are going to be unhappy.

Hey no big deal. McDaniels has a much better resume that Bates
but if Cutler loses his security blanket a lot will be upset I can assure you

BeefStew25
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Cutler needs to deal with it.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM

Maybe his new QB coach will tell him to look off his WR
and a turnover in the Red Zone is never a good thing doncha think?

MileHighWrath
all I can think to say about this is ... LMAO

turftoad
I suspect a lot of people are going to be unhappy.

Hey no big deal. McDaniels has a much better resume that Bates
but if Cutler loses his security blanket a lot will be upset I can assure you

The point is that he'll take Turner and probably a couple other asst's with him.

claymore
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
If he leaves this route its better than firing him down the road. Cutler doesnt love the dude that much.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
The point is that he'll take Turner and probably a couple other asst's with him.

I still see no big deal.

IMHO we need to break away from the past and start anew.

If we get a new RB coach so be it. We might actually run a tradtional offense
like Pitt does, it can work, it did in NE. Its about personell to go with the coaching staff.

MileHighWrath
01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
you are all assuming he leaves to go work for Al(zheimers)? My first thought is, no f**king way.

turftoad
01-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I still see no big deal.

IMHO we need to break away from the past and start anew.

If we get a new RB coach so be it. We might actually run a tradtional offense
like Pitt does, it can work, it did in NE. Its about personell to go with the coaching staff.

I agree, but.... it's not like all of our asst's are shit either. I mean, we did have a pretty potent offense ourselves.

GEM
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh FFS people.....we all bitched and moaned how terrible the play calling has been. The first 3 weeks of the season weren't the norm. While Cutler may like Bates, with the money he's making he better just like who he is given. If McDoogie was good enough to coach Brady, he's damn sure good enough to take over Cutler.

Jeremy Bates....an enigma that no one can prove by past is anything more than a young hotshot who shows glances of being pretty good at what he does.

I'm a hell of a lot more worried about losing Turner than Bates. :shrugs:

dogfish
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
man, if bobby turner's reward for all he's contributed to this franchise over the years is to go serve under greasy al in the crack hole, i am going to be pissed off. . . .

:tsk:

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Jeremy Bates too now? Might as well trade Cutler as well.

Cutler will not be happy if Jeremy Bates goes.

GEM
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM

Bates isn't the one we need to worry about taking Turner....if Shanny coaches somewhere then yea...but he wasn't Bates guy.

spikerman
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
The point is that he'll take Turner and probably a couple other asst's with him.I get the impression he's not talking to them about the Head Coach position so he probably wouldn't have the authority to bring assistants with him.

underrated29
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
who cares about bates.

TURNER is the one who needs to stay. Who MUST stay!

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
who cares about bates.

TURNER is the one who needs to stay. Who MUST stay!

Who cares about Bates? Jay Cutler does.

Unless we plan on trading Cutler for a 1st rounder or something.

Maybe McDaniels has plans to bring Matt Cassel to Denver.

underrated29
01-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Who cares about Bates? Jay Cutler does.

Unless we plan on trading Cutler for a 1st rounder or something.

Maybe McDaniels has plans to bring Matt Cassel to Denver.

Who freaking cares what jay thinks. He is a professional football player. He didnt have bates when he was in college. He had no clue where he was going to play before being drafted and was cool. Did we even have bates his first year here? Not sure.

But seriously, yeah i like my hockey coach too and i dont want to play for another coach, but if i have to i have to. And gues what i am going to go out like i always do and bring it regardless.

Jay has the skill that most qbs dream of, he can easily overcome a new coach. He isnt going to throw the ball less hard because bates is gone, he is not going to lose his skill to put the ball in a 6 inch window with him gone.

he just likes his buddy and wants him to stay, and if he is gone, well that sucks and move on.

frauschieze
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh good grief. Cutler will get over not having Bates. It's not the end of the world and frankly, while I like Bates, I'm not overly convinced he's the shit.

Turner, OTOH, is one of the finest RB coaches in the league, IMO. He won't be easily replaced (and hopefully, won't be replaced at all).

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
If we're actually trying to keep Turner, I can't believe he'd pick the Raiders over the Broncos. I'm not worried yet.

There's a chance McDaniels doesn't even want Turner though...

BeefStew25
01-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, this will cement no tater 3rd and 2's up the gut.

Good bye Jeremy.

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
The Raiders are running the same exact Zone Block Running Scheme that Mike Shanahan implemented in Denver with so much success. The Raiders are having a great deal of success with Fargas and McFadden replicating us, beating us in fact twice in recently.

With McDaniels coming in, Turner's run philosophy and style will not match that of the spread offense. There pretty much wont be a need for Bobby Turner.

Once if Turner and Jeremy Bates is gone, the overall/take over will be complete.

Al Davis is chomping at the bits to raid what Mikey left behind.

GEM
01-13-2009, 05:39 PM
The Raiders are running the same exact Zone Block Running Scheme that Mike Shanahan implemented and had so much success. The Raiders are having a great deal of success with Fargas and McFadden.

If tMcDaniels coming in, Turner's run philosophy and style will not match that the spread offense. There pretty much wont be a need for Bobby Turner.

Once if Turner and Jeremy Bates is gone, the overall/take over will be complete.

Al Davis is chomping at the bits to raid what Mikey left behind.

What did the Patriots lack in that spread offense?

A decent running game.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Bates to the Raiders could be a blessing. . .He'd bring his Dad in as DC. :D

Disclaimer: I actually thought we should have kept Bates. He has a much better track record than Slowik.

PatricktheDookie
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
In three years, there's a good chance I'll be arrested for an attempted ass-kicking of Pat Bowlen.

Cause he's really gambling with the team here...

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Bates might not know, but Turner knows well enough to stear clear of that franchise.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
In three years, there's a good chance I'll be arrested for an attempted ass-kicking of Pat Bowlen.

It's his team. He's avoiding being arrested for an attempted ass-kicking of Mike Shanahan for gambling with his team. :D

GEM
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM

I'm going to give Bowlen the benefit of the doubt here, he's led us pretty well so far. We should have kicked his ass a couple seasons ago for gambling with the team if we really think about this. I commend him for finally having the kahunas to do what needed to be done.

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
What did the Patriots lack in that spread offense?

A decent running game.

Laurence Maroney and before him Corey Dillon ran the ball pretty well in NE. When you pass almost every down, a trick run play out of the shotgun is pretty effective.

underrated29
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
when they had dillon they didnt pass the ball all that much. Dillon was chewing up yards and tds like no other that year. Brady had what 24 tds and dillon had like 15 or so.....

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
when they had dillon they didnt pass the ball all that much. Dillon was chewing up yards and tds like no other that year. Brady had what 24 tds and dillon had like 15 or so.....

Josh McDaniels has been calling the plays in NE since 2005 although he was not named the official Off. Coordinator.

I'd be happy if McDaniels did the same when he had Dillon and run the ball just as much as passing it. I just don't think he will.

Cutler passing the ball out the shotgun formation every down like he did late this 2008 season was disastrous. I hate the shotgun formation, it only means your playing catch up.

Throwing the ball every down will only get your QB's knees busted.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Josh McDaniels has been calling the plays in NE since 2005 although he was not named the official Off. Coordinator.

I'd be happy if McDaniels did the same when he had Dillon and run the ball just as much as passing it. I just don't think he will.

Cutler passing the ball out the shotgun formation every down like he did late this 2008 season was disastrous. I hate the shotgun formation, it only means your playing catch up.

Throwing the ball every down will only get your QB's knees busted.

I'm not a Pats fan, but I seem to remember talk about how once the Pats got Moss and could see what he could do stretching the field that they developed that offense to complement his abilities, and the abilities of the players on the field.

It seems to me that's what we've been asking for for several seasons. A coach that will implement schemes that take advantage of our player's strengths, and minimize their weaknesses.

I don't have any crystal ball, and I don't know what he'll do, but I have an inkling that he will design his schemes in such a manner. You didn't see Brady throwing the ball all around like a circus before they had Moss, but they did run it more because they had a capable running back.

We need an innovative coach that can take advantage of changing circumstances.

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
But the point being....if you have the spread offense and have a running game, insanity prevails. Lots of points, lots of yardage, and an unstoppable offense.

Rick
01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I would like for Bates to stay on as a QB coach but if he leaves I wish him the best.

Cutler will get over it and I would think really if McDaniels is as good an offensive coach as many say Cutler will become happy real fast as he loves his stats.

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm not a Pats fan, but I seem to remember talk about how once the Pats got Moss and could see what he could do stretching the field that they developed that offense to complement his abilities, and the abilities of the players on the field.

It seems to me that's what we've been asking for for several seasons. A coach that will implement schemes that take advantage of our player's strengths, and minimize their weaknesses.

I don't have any crystal ball, and I don't know what he'll do, but I have an inkling that he will design his schemes in such a manner. You didn't see Brady throwing the ball all around like a circus before they had Moss, but they did run it more because they had a capable running back.

We need an innovative coach that can take advantage of changing circumstances.

Mike Shanahan had a 2.5 year young not that experience QB, 2 young WRs(one with a numb right hand), no RB to speak of to punch the ball into the end zone and yet the Broncos were 2nd in total offense.

I think Mikey was pretty innovative.

I have a crystal ball and young McDaniels in his rookie stint as Head Coach at any level will fail miserably. Worst than even Lane Kiffin because at least Lane Kiffin took over a Raiders team with a decent defense. The Raiders are not a bad team. They at least have beaten us recently.

*Don't tell me about the 16th in scoring. No RBs to punch it in like i said.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Mike Shanahan had a 2.5 year young not that experience QB, 2 young WRs(one with a numb right hand), no RB to speak of to punch the ball into the end zone and yet the Broncos were 2nd in total offense.

I think Mikey was pretty innovative.

I have a crystal ball and young McDaniels in his rookie stint as Head Coach at any level will fail miserably. Worst than even Lane Kiffin because at least Lane Kiffin took over a Raiders team with a decent defense. The Raiders are not a bad team. They at least have beaten us recently.

*Don't tell me about the 16th in scoring. No RBs to punch it in like i said.

You must be Zambini's greatest pupil. You are just about his equal in ability to construct a "Heads I win, Tails you lose" argument.

DenBronx
01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
mcdaniels wants to run the spread offense like they do in new england. bates did not run a spread offense. i predict our wr's will be much more productive in this type of offense. i just hope mcdaniels does value the running game enough to bring in a stud rb. this offense might just end up being better, which is hard to believe.

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
mcdaniels wants to run the spread offense like they do in new england. bates did not run a spread offense. i predict our wr's will be much more productive in this type of offense. i just hope mcdaniels does value the running game enough to bring in a stud rb. this offense might just end up being better, which is hard to believe.

Exactly what I meant a couple posts ago. Hopefully no more of the ridiculous reverses that lose 2-3 yards. I hope McDoogie teaches BMarsh to run north south instead of east west. :rockon:

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 06:21 PM
You must be Zambini's greatest pupil. You are just about his equal in ability to construct a "Heads I win, Tails you lose" argument.

I hated that Zamboni. sorry.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Exactly what I meant a couple posts ago. Hopefully no more of the ridiculous reverses that lose 2-3 yards. I hope McDoogie teaches BMarsh to run north south instead of east west. :rockon:

You mean you dont love the bubble screens :lol: or the Tater up the gut.

Please Bates is very overrated. If Cutler did not say he liked him then no one would care if he was gone. Sorry

and for Turner, who is a great rb coach, if McD brings a new scheme into play then Turner would probably not be needed. We have to realize (not all bronco fans just some) that things are going to be different and hopefully for the better. You know there have been plenty of offenses that actually use a tradtional oline and do quite well. NE, Pitt, and NYG in recent memory.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I hated that Zamboni. sorry.

Maybe you can be under this one

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/04/zamboni.jpg

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 06:25 PM
and for Turner, who is a great rb coach, if McD brings a new scheme into play then Turner would probably not be needed. We have to realize (not all bronco fans just some) that things are going to be different and hopefully for the better. You know there have been plenty of offenses that actually use a tradtional oline and do quite well. NE, Pitt, and NYG in recent memory.

What to do with our current great O-line then? Once again, overhaul what isn't broken?

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:25 PM
You mean you dont love the bubble screens :lol: or the Tater up the gut.

Please Bates is very overrated. If Cutler did not say he liked him then no one would care if he was gone. Sorry

Or throwing to Scheffler once a friggen game when the guy is money when thrown to? That crap makes me want to headbutt the walls on game day.

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe you can be under this one

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/04/zamboni.jpg

Hey Mod.

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/spikelee3.jpg

LOL!

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Who is Zambini?

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:30 PM
What to do with our current great O-line then? Once again, overhaul what isn't broken?

So you're saying the Defense and the Special Teams aren't broken? And the offense is at 100% capabilities?

I agree the O Line was Phefriggenomenal last season, BUT does that give us reason to just keep going on with the same routine when over the past 3 years there were absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel on D or ST?

I think the hire was made to keep people encouraged that the Offense would continue to do very good things and if the pieces fall where they should improve the thing that has been a glaring weakness for 10 years. 10 years....Shanny had 10 years to build a D that was even 50% of what the offense is.

I know you are a glass half empty guy, but you have to see that McDoogie has a step up on Bates based on history.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey Mod.

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/spikelee3.jpg

LOL!

You have been baiting so you deserve it.

TXBRONC
01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
But the point being....if you have the spread offense and have a running game, insanity prevails. Lots of points, lots of yardage, and an unstoppable offense.

My impression of New England's offense is that they don't place a lot value on a strong running game.

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
So you're saying the Defense and the Special Teams aren't broken? And the offense is at 100% capabilities?

I agree the O Line was Phefriggenomenal last season, BUT does that give us reason to just keep going on with the same routine when over the past 3 years there were absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel on D or ST?

I think the hire was made to keep people encouraged that the Offense would continue to do very good things and if the pieces fall where they should improve the thing that has been a glaring weakness for 10 years. 10 years....Shanny had 10 years to build a D that was even 50% of what the offense is.

I know you are a glass half empty guy, but you have to see that McDoogie has a step up on Bates based on history.

Please refer to my last 70 post all regarding the firing of Mike Shanahan and how McDaniels is a horrendous choice that will only send the Broncos into a hole that will take 5 years to dig out of.

I am done for the day. The sun is too shiny outside here where I live.

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Please refer to my last 70 post all regarding the firing of Mike Shanahan and how McDaniels is a horrendous choice that will only send the Broncos into a hole that will take 5 years to dig out of.

Wake up call to Nature Boy. We're in a hole that we haven't been able to get out of in 10 years. That's what having a horrendous Defense does to you. No matter how good your offense is, if you don't have a defense, you have nothing essentially.

I love my Broncos passionately and I'm happy that in the regular season I don't have to watch a team like the Lions. But I tell you what I don't want to see anymore of........getting massacred in the playoffs by one Peyton Manning. I don't want to see anymore laying down by a group of 11 men when they get paid to do something. Having 50% of the very game I love blown off by a coach whom I respect dearly.

Nature Boy
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Wake up call to Nature Boy. We're in a hole that we haven't been able to get out of in 10 years. That's what having a horrendous Defense does to you. No matter how good your offense is, if you don't have a defense, you have nothing essentially.

I love my Broncos passionately and I'm happy that in the regular season I don't have to watch a team like the Lions. But I tell you what I don't want to see anymore of........getting massacred in the playoffs by one Peyton Manning. I don't want to see anymore laying down by a group of 11 men when they get paid to do something. Having 50% of the very game I love blown off by a coach whom I respect dearly.

Please refer to my 1350th post on up to my recent please GEM.

I don't want to go thru it all again.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
My impression of New England's offense is that they don't place a lot value on a strong running game.

TX I think that is a misnomer as the Pats could run the ball as evidenced by Cory Dillons big 2004 season that helped them win the Super Bowl.

they also ran it better than you would think this season. they averaged 142 yPG this season and were very underrated IMO

GEM
01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Please refer to my 1350th post on up to my recent please GEM.

I don't want to go thru it all again.

So throwing INT's in the red zone because your defense puts you in positions of having to score 35 points a game is ok?

A kicker who missed an ishloads of kicks because our Offense couldn't get it in the end zone is ok?

Special teams players who can't tackle is ok?

Our offense showed signs of being potent. But where did that get us? Our playcalling was jv at best.

I'm not ok with mediocrity. I expect more. I don't know if McDoogie will bring better, but it's worth a shot because getting decimated in the playoffs to me isn't a good thing. I'm not just happy to be there. Hell, lately we couldn't even get there to get decimated.

drewloc
01-13-2009, 06:47 PM

You are absolutely right as far as the defense is concerned. Offensively we need to look at scoring offense as opposed to total yards. We were middle of the road on scoring offense, so there is definitely room for improvement there.

Plus it isn't like we are firing Bates, it is HIS CHOICE to leave, I'm sure Jay understands that. Bowlen openly stated that Bates was going to stay on from what I can remember. So if he leaves, it will be of his own accord.

fcspikeit
01-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Bates isn't the one we need to worry about taking Turner....if Shanny coaches somewhere then yea...but he wasn't Bates guy.

He was a lot more Bate's guy then he is McDanials...

GEM
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
He was a lot more Bate's guy then he is McDanials...

He came in YEARS before Bates. If he leaves it won't have to do with Bates, it will have to do with McDoogie changing the all around format of the offense. For crimeney sakes I'm not fighting semantics here.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Who is Zambini?

A legend in his own mind.

Broncogator
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
A legend in his own mind.

But his mind got what it wanted...:tsk:

LawDog
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM

Except you'll never see it due to that horrendous black cloud of defeatist doom and gloom you are spewing. No one need read back through 100 or so of your past posts - you saying that McDaniels will fail worse than Lane Kiffin exposes your lack of sound reasoning. Kiffin came out of college. McDaniels has been in the pros, and with one of the leagues most successful franchises for the past 8 years. Get a grip fisherboy.

dogfish
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
He came in YEARS before Bates. If he leaves it won't have to do with Bates, it will have to do with McDoogie changing the all around format of the offense. For crimeney sakes I'm not fighting semantics here.

you sure are cute when you're this fiesty. . . . :D

MileHighWrath
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I loved Shanahan as the Broncos head coach. Still do, still wish he was the head coach of the Denver Broncos. I just have a very difficult time being upset to any degree over the decision to fire him. I mean this is football, it's a simple game, the object of which is to WIN, go to the PLAYOFFS and continue to WIN. And Shanahan, no matter how you look at it, was NOT GETTING IT DONE. He was simply not winning like the Broncos expect. Period.

10 years.

It's time for a change. I just can not understand how anyone can't see that no matter how difficult it is to see such a highly respected and thought of guy, go.

Lonestar
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
al interviewing from his hospital bed priceless.

Hawgdriver
01-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Jay may like Bates, and may like the comfort level he has with him, and may like the mastery he has developed so far in his offense...

but he'll love McDaniels more. After the growing pains. If I was Cutler, I would prefer to operate under the man who coordinated the most potent offense in recorded history. But that's just me. If he's the QB we all want him to be, he'll see that. If he's not, then the sooner he mopes himself out of town, the better. Not to bash Jay, I love the guy...but we want a champion, and a champion's mentality would be to be completely ******* ecstatic about McDaniels directing the offense.

What he said about Bates was before he knew McDaniels was the man. I do think his voice should count--after all, he's a big part of the reason Bowlen pulled the trigger now--we've assembled some top tier offensive talent, let's not waste this window of opportunity. But if he can't see this for the blessing it is, then to hell with him.

Most of all, I hope Bates stays on as QB coach. But if he's foolish enough to work for AD, then let the games begin! I'll have no sympathy...

MOtorboat
01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Meh, if he wants to go to that shit hole. Let him.

Bozo Jr.
01-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Not terribly upset here, I can do without the 11 or 12 "quick out's" Bates seemed to fall in love with. Once or twice a game is fine, but that got old
really fast. Jay is gonna have to deal with it. He's still acting like a college QB
and needs to let it go. :shocked:

Northman
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Who freaking cares what jay thinks.

Yea, i remember saying the same thing when Jake was not so happy at one point. That didnt turn out well either. Yes, he and others are professional athletes but at the same time they build a repoire with certain coaches and players and yes to some players it means something more than what we fans think.

MOtorboat
01-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Yea, i remember saying the same thing when Jake was not so happy at one point. That didnt turn out well either. Yes, he and others are professional athletes but at the same time they build a repoire with certain coaches and players and yes to some players it means something more than what we fans think.

New regime.

Meh.

If Jay is so childish that he can't accept that, then he needs to move on as well.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

Northman
01-13-2009, 10:28 PM
New regime.

Meh.

If Jay is so childish that he can't accept that, then he needs to move on as well.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

Totally agree and he just might. Who knows. Im just playing devil's advocate. :D

slim
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
New regime.

Meh.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

We hope...

Shazam!
01-13-2009, 10:30 PM
New regime.

Meh.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

Who gives a ?!@#.

This team will not play the Shannyball we have been watching for so many years. It will be Patriot-esque which probably isn't a bad thing.

If none of the assistants stay, fine. I hope Coach Mac brings in as many Patriots assts. as he can here.

Cutler unhappy? Don't be a bitch. You're a professional. You wanna win? Shut the ?!@# up and listen to Coach. He wants to help you, and he will help you.

If Cutler has a problem with it, I'm sure Denver can work out a trade at his request. Maybe a three-team-trade for a Patriots QB and send him to Detroit.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Some ridiculous tough talk here--ship Jay out, etc.

Jay's the best player on the roster. He's not going anywhere. He'll get over it in time, but even if he doesn't, he's not going anywhere. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

MOtorboat
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM

Jay's the best player on the roster. He's not going anywhere. He'll get over it in time, but even if he doesn't, he's not going anywhere. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

They don't.

But I hope ours learns his place.

Tned
01-13-2009, 11:06 PM

This bears repeating:

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

slim
01-13-2009, 11:08 PM

No one wants to ship is ass out...Good Lord.

Although, it would be nice if he stopped throwing into double coverage.

Do you think that is a Shanny issue, a Bates issue or a Jay issue?

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2009, 11:18 PM
They don't.

But I hope ours learns his place.

Whatever. He knows his place. He's "the man". You must have missed the memo. :coffee:

MOtorboat
01-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Whatever. He knows his place. He's "the man". You must have missed the memo. :coffee:

I did. And so did he.

Bates is gone.

We've got a new regime, and he better suck it up and learn to deal with the fact that we've got a new coach.

omac
01-13-2009, 11:35 PM

He will. He's one QB who's shown the ability to adapt to different situations.

I'm more concerned with anything Bates can do to make Oakland a better team.

frauschieze
01-13-2009, 11:37 PM
If bubble screens work in Oakland, I'm gonna be pissed.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
If bubble screens work in Oakland, I'm gonna be pissed.

Or that "sneaky" run play on 3rd-and-17.

omac
01-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Jay was pissed about the Shanahan firing, as I'm sure a lot of players were. He was showing his loyalty to Bates, as other players do, whether with coaches or teammates.

A lot of you are assuming Jay will make a problem out of this. When in his entire Bronco career has he ever not worked harder than anyone else in accomplishing the goals the coaching staff have set for him, and that includes the period before Bates was calling plays? He doesn't need to be asked to work early in the off season; he does that earlier than most other players. Let's wait for his press conference where he second guesses his coach, like Willie Parker, or demands to be traded, Like Chad Johnson, before we lump him in with the malcontents.

dogfish
01-13-2009, 11:51 PM
New regime.

Meh.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

Cutler unhappy? Don't be a bitch. You're a professional. You wanna win? Shut the ?!@# up and listen to Coach. He wants to help you, and he will help you.

If Cutler has a problem with it, I'm sure Denver can work out a trade at his request. Maybe a three-team-trade for a Patriots QB and send him to Detroit.

Jay was pissed about the Shanahan firing, as I'm sure a lot of players were. He was showing his loyalty to Bates, as other players do, whether with coaches or teammates.

A lot of you are assuming Jay will make a problem out of this. When in his entire Bronco career has he ever not worked harder than anyone else in accomplishing the goals the coaching staff have set for him, and that includes the period before Bates was calling plays? He doesn't need to be asked to work early in the off season; he does that earlier than most other players. Let's wait for his press conference where he second guesses his coach, like Willie Parker, or demands to be traded, Like Chad Johnson, before we lump him in with the malcontents.

thank you!!

can we please WAIT UNTIL JAY ACTUALLY SAYS SOMETHING before we start killing him for a reaction that hasn't even happened yet? WTF? you guys are going off on him, talking about a trade and such ridiculous nonsense, over something you think he MIGHT say? wow. . . that makes not the first dang bit of sense to me. . .

:confused:

:noidea:

DenBronx
01-13-2009, 11:55 PM
thank you!!

can we please WAIT UNTIL JAY ACTUALLY SAYS SOMETHING before we start killing him for a reaction that hasn't even happened yet? WTF? you guys are going off on him, talking about a trade and such ridiculous nonsense, over something you think he MIGHT say? wow. . . that makes not the first dang bit of sense to me. . .

:confused:

:noidea:

i dont see how cutler wouldnt like the idea of getting mcdaniels. he is a offensive juggernaugt! he really helps mold quarter backs and has a knack for getting the best out of wr's. jay i'm sure has no problem with any of this. he is the face of this organization now and he is a proffesional.

did elway ask to be traded when shanahan came in and pushed them to the next level?

omac
01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
i dont see how cutler wouldnt like the idea of getting mcdaniels. he is a offensive juggernaugt! he really helps mold quarter backs and has a knack for getting the best out of wr's. jay i'm sure has no problem with any of this. he is the face of this organization now and he is a proffesional.

did elway ask to be traded when shanahan came in and pushed them to the next level?

You nailed it on the head; Jay's always been a pro with regards to football. He will have to make adjustments, as the whole team will, but Jay and most of the offense should be fine. It's the defense where I think we'll hear the most grumblings, specially if the adjustment is difficult.

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
You nailed it on the head; Jay's always been a pro with regards to football. He will have to make adjustments, as the whole team will, but Jay and most of the offense should be fine. It's the defense where I think we'll hear the most grumblings, specially if the adjustment is difficult.

how can it not be? I'd guess there will be wholesale changes in players by the start of the 2010 season. hopefully with a lot of Rookies starting..

While I hate to write off 2009 with that schedule might not be a bad time to start from scratch over on that side of the LOS.. Keeping a bunch of the recent Draft choices and a few key veterans that can be replaced with rookies next year..

Shazam!
01-14-2009, 01:01 AM

Has Jay spoken to McCoach yet? Coach had to leave him a message?

Vacation or not, it's unprofessional.

I was on vacation in 1999. I was Production Leader/Quality Control at my job. We had a new manager come in. She called me as a courtesy and we spoke. When I went in for my paycheck the next day (this was before direct deposit was the thing) we had a brief meeting.

I think it's wrong the leader of the team doesn't respond to his new boss at his arrival.

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 01:08 AM

I was on vacation in 1999. I was Production Leader/Quality Control at my job. We had a new manager come in. She called me as a courtesy and we spoke. When I went in for my paycheck the next day (this was before direct deposit was the thing) we had a brief meeting.

I think it's wrong the leader of the team doesn't respond to his new boss at his arrival.

I agree 100% it is not like he could not take a day out of his vacations and fly in for the new coronation..

Bet Pat would have sent his jet for him..

Sounds like he is pouting to me.. which would fit into his past patterns..

Lets hope he grows up and sees the light and gets it..

This Mc Coach can make him a much better QB..

Shazam!
01-14-2009, 01:17 AM
A friggin' phone call. That's it for Christ's sake.

Broncos fans make excuses and that doesn't surprise me. Broncos fans have been making excuses for Shanahan's Coaching failures and Plummer when he was at his worst.

I'm a Broncos fan first and I root for the uniform. No player or Coach is bigger than the team and that was proven with Shanahan's dismissal (thank god.) The only player that was bigger than the Broncos in recent years was John Elway, and I tell you Elway would have NEVER done anything like this.

It really shows Cutler's immaturity or lack of respect. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not saying fly back to Denver for the presser, but the LEAST he could've done was call the guy.

Patriots have two QBs and they can't keep both. I'm not saying 'I want Cutler traded I hate him' as someone thought, but if I were Jay and I liked it in Denver...

Superchop 7
01-14-2009, 01:25 AM
It wouldn't be the first time that we treated a QB like crap.

Standard Operating Procedure.

Shazam!
01-14-2009, 01:27 AM
When Dan Reeves arrived in NY in 1993, some players made comments and some didn't show up for his first meeting.

He cut them all.

Maybe some youngsters here find unprofessional, adolescent behavior appropriate, I don't.

dogfish
01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
okay, so out of 52 other guys on the team, who else has spoken to doogie howser OC?

did clady fly in to see the guy? has royal called him up? guess we should cut them too, those unprofessional bums. . . .

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 02:01 AM
okay, so out of 52 other guys on the team, who else has spoken to doogie howser OC?

did clady fly in to see the guy? has royal called him up? guess we should cut them too, those unprofessional bums. . . .

but none has gone on record of whining about keeping his coaches or that the firing was unfair..

Nor said they wanted a say in who was hired..

There in lies the difference..

Shazam!
01-14-2009, 02:23 AM
If Brett Farve did this to the incoming Coach of the NY Jets (if he stays,) everyone here would be saying what a whiny little bitch he is.

McCoach has Super Bowl fingers. Show some respect to the boss.

OrangeStar7
01-14-2009, 06:35 AM
I agree, but.... it's not like all of our asst's are shit either. I mean, we did have a pretty potent offense ourselves.

All the great coaching aside, PERSONNEL is still the key to great on the field performance.

broncofaninfla
01-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Hopefully Oakland DOES sign him so our defense can blow up the 6-7 bubble screens he calls each game.

Traveler
01-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Bye Bates. We hardly knew ye.

omac
01-14-2009, 11:50 AM
but none has gone on record of whining about keeping his coaches or that the firing was unfair..

Nor said they wanted a say in who was hired..

There in lies the difference..

Come on, Jrwiz, enough.

Elway threatened to retire after the 1992 season if Dan Reeves was not dismissed. He was also against the way Reeves ran the offense.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jan/18/sports/sp-64799

Jay voiced his displeasure at the firing of his mentor who'm he admired; he wanted to keep his playcaller, who'm the offense had much success with; he wanted to be involved in the process of looking for a coach. Jay shows loyalty and a sense of ownership with the offense, in that he wants to make sure it succeeds. He definitely puts in the hours to help make the offense better.

John Elway probably felt the same sense of ownership with the offense, and wanted his team to have a better chance at succeeding, and thus wanted a say in who coaches (or specifically who must not coach) the Broncos, and how the offense should be played.

Jay hasn't made any comment against McDaniels, nor has he said anything derogatory towards Bowlen. He hasn't threatened to demand a trade to get what he wants.

This "latest" article ...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11448172

is recycling old news about Jay not pleased with Shanny's firing, and his strong preference to keep Bates. It doesn't say anything about Jay blowing off McDaniels. It does present the article in a way so that it looks like McDaniels is trying to reach out to Jay, and Jay is not responding. None of that actually happened.

It's all speculation.

Heck, I guess you felt that John was whiney too in 1992. That's okay too.

NightTrainLayne
01-14-2009, 11:54 AM

Or in '82 when he refused to play for the Colts.

Top-flight QB's are whiny, ego-driven, spoiled brats. It's just in their nature.

turftoad
01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
This is what it is. Nothing WE can do about it.
It's fun to read all the opinions, lets just hope it works out for the Broncos.

omac
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Bye Bates. We hardly knew ye.

Bates has a ton of potential, but right now, McDaniels is obviously better. Bates probably has to tone down his playcalling to be a bit more conservative, so that the "surprise" plays will catch opponents off guard.

Still, I'd rather he went to the NFC.

MileHighWrath
01-14-2009, 12:16 PM
IMHO this is all much ado about nothing. Jay, when all is said and done, is an intelligent person, a professional and part of a business, there's no way he had or has expectations that Bates was going to be his OC for the next 10 years, the guy's not retarded! I have every confidence that by the time training camp starts, if not sooner, he will be excited to work with his new HC and OC and QBC. The firing of a possible HOF coach and subsequent departure of the OC has got to be tough for any player but especially one that worked so closely to each. I'm still kind of blown away and I didn't know any of these guys! Once the dust settles and the new staff is in place and conversations have occured, everything will be fine regarding these personalities.

And then it's on to the task of winning Superbowls, something McCoach has been apart of recently and frequently, not a decade ago. How can any non-retard be pissed off about that?

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM

So you were home when you got your call? Jay is not home. There are a thousand reason why the phone call wasn't answered it may have nothing professionalism.

CoachChaz
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Jay is a competitor. he is going to go out and play his ass off regardless of who the coach is. My guess is once he sees how successful he is in this offense...he'll forget the name Bates.

Lonestar
01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Come on, Jrwiz, enough.

Elway threatened to retire after the 1992 season if Dan Reeves was not dismissed. He was also against the way Reeves ran the offense.

Jay voiced his displeasure at the firing of his mentor who'm he admired; he wanted to keep his playcaller, who'm the offense had much success with; he wanted to be involved in the process of looking for a coach. Jay shows loyalty and a sense of ownership with the offense, in that he wants to make sure it succeeds. He definitely puts in the hours to help make the offense better.

John Elway probably felt the same sense of ownership with the offense, and wanted his team to have a better chance at succeeding, and thus wanted a say in who coaches (or specifically who must not coach) the Broncos, and how the offense should be played.

Jay hasn't made any comment against McDaniels, nor has he said anything derogatory towards Bowlen. He hasn't threatened to demand a trade to get what he wants.

is recycling old news about Jay not pleased with Shanny's firing, and his strong preference to keep Bates. It doesn't say anything about Jay blowing off McDaniels. It does present the article in a way so that it looks like McDaniels is trying to reach out to Jay, and Jay is not responding. None of that actually happened.

It's all speculation.

neither is

But in defense of John, danny was indeed holding him and the team back he did not have ANY relationship with anyone but mikey who was the buffer between the two.... and IIRC danny fired mikey because of the perceived rift he was causing between the two..

Hey if it were me I'd tried hard to keep Bates if for no other reason than pacify Jay even it is is just for a year or two.. But it sounds like bates is exploring his options elsewhere and IMO it was dumb of him not to be around when Mc Kid was announced.. He kind a sealed his own fate with that move..

BTW John was even at that time a HOF QB with bonafides.. Jay is a third year QB with a losing record, granted with enormous potential but still a QB with a 7 year record of losing......

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Come on, Jrwiz, enough.

It's all speculation.

All the freakin article said was that McDaniels attempted get a hold of Jay and couldn't. McDaniels didn't go into details so assuming that Jay was unprofessional unwarranted.

How quickly some fans forget that Elway did similar things.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 12:39 PM
neither is

But in defense of John, danny was indeed holding him and the team back he did not have ANY relationship with anyone but mikey who was the buffer between the two.... and IIRC danny fired mikey because of the perceived rift he was causing between the two..

Hey if it were me I'd tried hard to keep Bates if for no other reason than pacify Jay even it is is just for a year or two.. But it sounds like bates is exploring his options elsewhere and IMO it was dumb of him not to be around when Mc Kid was announced.. He kind a sealed his own fate with that move..

BTW John was even at that time a HOF QB with bonafides.. Jay is a third year QB with a losing record, granted with enormous potential but still a QB with a 7 year record of losing......

Whether or not Reeves was holding John back it would still unprofessional of John do what he did. John was right nevertheless Reeves was still the boss at the time.

Being bonafide hall of famer still isn't excuse.

omac
01-14-2009, 10:52 PM
neither is

Doesn't matter if Elway was a HOF QB or not. The bottom line is Elway wanted his concerns addressed, and so did Jay. What Elway was threatening the Broncos ownership with in order to get his demand was much harsher than anything Jay has asked of Pat. Again, they were doing what they believed would be best for the team.

McDaniels announced that he was going to be calling the plays, so it only makes sense for Bates to look for employment elsewhere. The article did mentioned that to stay would mean a demotion, so it's only right for him to try to find a job with equal or greater responsibility.

Shazam!
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Elway threatened to retire in 1992 when it was known to him (by a Redskins player) that Dan Reeves consulted Washington about a trade with Elway to the 'Skins.

Reeves did that behind Bowlen's back. There began the biggest rift and the last straw for Bowlen with Reeves.

Add to that Tommy Maddox.

Elway was the franchise.

MOtorboat
01-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Elway threatened to retire in 1992 when it was known to him (by a Redskins player) that Dan Reeves consulted Washington about a trade with Elway to the 'Skins.

Reeves did that behind Bowlen's back. There began the biggest rift and the last straw for Bowlen with Reeves.

Add to that Tommy Maddox.

Elway was the franchise.

He also had been to three Super Bowls, and was the greatest quarterback in the game, but let's not let that get between our love of Jay Cutler...

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 11:08 PM
He also had been to three Super Bowls, and was the greatest quarterback in the game, but let's not let that get between our love of Jay Cutler...

Ok John had been to three Super Bowls but he was still an employee of Broncos.

MOtorboat
01-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Ok John had been to three Super Bowls but he was still an employee of Broncos.

There are different levels of employees.

TXBRONC
01-14-2009, 11:19 PM

I honestly don't think so, you're either an employee or your management. Nevertheless I didn't John for wanting a guy around that he was comfortable with.

Lonestar
01-15-2009, 01:00 AM
I honestly don't think so, you're either an employee or your management. Nevertheless I didn't John for wanting a guy around that he was comfortable with.

John and Pat were pretty tight.. I'm not so sure there was not some middle ground on this one.. some thing in between employee and FO..

Shazam!
01-15-2009, 01:17 AM

That's why I said He was the franchise, and I'm not making excuses for Cutler.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 11:06 AM
So throwing INT's in the red zone because your defense puts you in positions of having to score 35 points a game is ok?

A kicker who missed an ishloads of kicks because our Offense couldn't get it in the end zone is ok?

Special teams players who can't tackle is ok?

Our offense showed signs of being potent. But where did that get us? Our playcalling was jv at best.

I'm not ok with mediocrity. I expect more. I don't know if McDoogie will bring better, but it's worth a shot because getting decimated in the playoffs to me isn't a good thing. I'm not just happy to be there. Hell, lately we couldn't even get there to get decimated.

The easiest thing to do is point fingers and bitch and moan. If you've been reading what I and others have been detailing, you'll understand and have more to say than just point out what you saw on 1 game.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Except you'll never see it due to that horrendous black cloud of defeatist doom and gloom you are spewing. No one need read back through 100 or so of your past posts - you saying that McDaniels will fail worse than Lane Kiffin exposes your lack of sound reasoning. Kiffin came out of college. McDaniels has been in the pros, and with one of the leagues most successful franchises for the past 8 years. Get a grip fisherboy.

Lane Kiffin also took over for a Raiders team that had a much much better defense. Defense wins games.

Our defense is horrendous and with the complete revamp of our prolific offense into who knows what shotty kind of 1st year spread offense, the Broncos will be lucky to be 4-12 in 2009.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
New regime.

Meh.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

I hope you're not suggesting we trade Jay Cutler for 2 1st rounders and then bring in Matt Cassel do you?

The transition would then be complete. I bet McD's would love that.

MOtorboat
01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I hope you're not suggesting we trade Jay Cutler for 2 1st rounders and then bring in Matt Cassel do you?

The transition would then be complete. I bet McD's would love that.

No, I wasn't suggesting that at all.

I was simply putting into words that Jay has to move on, and he will...we know why he liked Denver so much, and it was Shanahan, but Bowlen decided to move on, and he will have to now, too. I hope he can be professional about it, and not pout, like he did after and during some of our losses.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
New regime.

Meh.

And I'm not kidding.

He's a professional.

Who gives a ?!@#.

This team will not play the Shannyball we have been watching for so many years. It will be Patriot-esque which probably isn't a bad thing.

If none of the assistants stay, fine. I hope Coach Mac brings in as many Patriots assts. as he can here.

***edit***. Yea let's ship the franchise(Cutler) somewhere and crown the new Snot Nose 32 year old head coach the messiah here to save the Broncos from what Mike Shanahan created.

http://cresmet.asu.edu/news/i2/images/j_mcdaniel.jpg

Yep, he is the Broncos savior.

I'll say again, we will be lucky to be 4-12. I will be super happy to eat crow on this however.

GEM
01-15-2009, 01:24 PM
The easiest thing to do is point fingers and bitch and moan. If you've been reading what I and others have been detailing, you'll understand and have more to say than just point out what you saw on 1 game.

I have watched every game for the last 5 years at least and prior to that at least 14 out of every 16 games for the previous 10 before that and the games I watched as a kid with my dad....so nice try. :rolleyes:

What I pointed out in the post you quoted were problems in EVERY game this season and can go back to games the last 5-10 seasons as far as the ST goes.

Nice try to minimize me as a fan. Unfortunately you are so in your little square of thinking you know everything that you won't even attempt to listen to another's point of view without trying to trash them as a fan. I got a couple mile high salutes saying not to even bother trying to talk to you as an equal poster because it wasn't worth the headache....I should have listened.

GEM
01-15-2009, 01:32 PM

Getting to the first sentence of your post.

The hardest thing to do is change what everyone is comfortable with and try to better the business that you run. We get it. You think this is the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos and if they happen to have a bad season next season the I TOLD YOU SO's are going to be coming from you. If we happen to do well, will you still be here saying GOSH I WAS WRONG?

Why is it in every one of your posts do you repeat over and over again....read my posts....we've read your posts and most don't agree with you. You live in the negative. That's cool for you, but some of us try to see things in better light. I guess if you are ok with mediocrity I can't argue with you. Some of us want our Broncos to get better. Shanny wasn't doing that. You can't argue that. We've steadily declined the last decade, not gotten better.

Traveler
01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
getting to the first sentence of your post.

The hardest thing to do is change what everyone is comfortable with and try to better the business that you run. We get it. You think this is the worst thing to ever happen to the broncos and if they happen to have a bad season next season the i told you so's are going to be coming from you. If we happen to do well, will you still be here saying gosh i was wrong?

Why is it in every one of your posts do you repeat over and over again....read my posts....we've read your posts and most don't agree with you. You live in the negative. That's cool for you, but some of us try to see things in better light. I guess if you are ok with mediocrity i can't argue with you. Some of us want our broncos to get better. Shanny wasn't doing that. You can't argue that. We've steadily declined the last decade, not gotten better.

ouch!

GEM
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
ouch!

I bring the pain when my being a fan is questioned. :D

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Getting to the first sentence of your post.

The hardest thing to do is change what everyone is comfortable with and try to better the business that you run. We get it. You think this is the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos and if they happen to have a bad season next season the I TOLD YOU SO's are going to be coming from you. If we happen to do well, will you still be here saying GOSH I WAS WRONG?

Why is it in every one of your posts do you repeat over and over again....read my posts....we've read your posts and most don't agree with you. You live in the negative. That's cool for you, but some of us try to see things in better light. I guess if you are ok with mediocrity I can't argue with you. Some of us want our Broncos to get better. Shanny wasn't doing that. You can't argue that. We've steadily declined the last decade, not gotten better.

You're a girl and you're cute... so I'll give you a free pass.

You can stop repeating what your boyfriends from this forum are saying now as that's all I read from your posts.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Back on topic please - Thanks

GEM
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
You're a girl and you're cute... so I'll give you a free pass.

You can stop repeating what your boyfriends from this forum are saying now as that's all I read from your posts.

My being a girl and being cute has nothing to do with the fact that you're taking this to a personal level and that's just fine with me. Be prepared for what you ask for.

Do you ever think that perhaps your opinion is just about worthless? Perhaps you are the one that should look at a few more than just one game? How bout breaking out every playoff loss we've had in the last 10 years? Where was the issue in each and every one of those ass kickings? DEFENSE. What is STILL the issue? DEFENSE. I get it, you love Shanny. I love him as well, but he wasn't getting the job done. I guess if you are ok with having winning seasons and getting demolished in the playoffs is your thing, that's your business. We haven't been to the playoffs in 3 seasons. We weren't even close to the calibur needed to compete in the playoffs. We weren't making any moves to get us close to what is needed. Our defense was almost the worst in the league. And you're ok with that? It's been down in the lower half of the league for years now. And you're ok with that? You accept mediocrity and in fact ask for more. And you're ok with that?

Get off the personal shit, let's talk some football or step the eff off.

dogfish
01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
"you called down the thunder well now you got it!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynKoZD-sFi4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynKoZD-sFi4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Traveler
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
My being a girl and being cute has nothing to do with the fact that you're taking this to a personal level and that's just fine with me. Be prepared for what you ask for.

Do you ever think that perhaps your opinion is just about worthless? Perhaps you are the one that should look at a few more than just one game? How bout breaking out every playoff loss we've had in the last 10 years? Where was the issue in each and every one of those ass kickings? DEFENSE. What is STILL the issue? DEFENSE. I get it, you love Shanny. I love him as well, but he wasn't getting the job done. I guess if you are ok with having winning seasons and getting demolished in the playoffs is your thing, that's your business. We haven't been to the playoffs in 3 seasons. We weren't even close to the calibur needed to compete in the playoffs. We weren't making any moves to get us close to what is needed. Our defense was almost the worst in the league. And you're ok with that? It's been down in the lower half of the league for years now. And you're ok with that? You accept mediocrity and in fact ask for more. And you're ok with that?

Double OUCH!

"Here endeth the lesson..."-Elliot Ness in the Untouchables

NightTrainLayne
01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
No, I wasn't suggesting that at all.

I was simply putting into words that Jay has to move on, and he will...we know why he liked Denver so much, and it was Shanahan, but Bowlen decided to move on, and he will have to now, too. I hope he can be professional about it, and not pout, like he did after and during some of our losses.

Pout about our losses? What the heck is he supposed to do, jump for glee.

You're more interesting when you talk about your nonexistent beard.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm not gonna argue with a girl. You win. and you're still very cute gleaming at me with your oh so seductive, memorizing eyes in your avatar picture.

Now, can someone show me how to embed this YouTube video on Rey Muauluaga? I know it's off topic but I want it embedded in a different thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJhktBHplvg

topscribe
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not gonna argue with a girl. You win. and you're still very cute gleaming at me with your oh so seductive, memorizing eyes in your avatar picture.

Now, can someone show me how to embed this YouTube video or Rey Muauluaga? I know's it's off topic but I want it embedded in a different thread.

Hit the quote button on this post and study the code:

JJhktBHplvg

Notice I took the part behind the quote and isolated it between the []'s.

-----

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Hit the quote button on this post and study the code:

JJhktBHplvg

Notice I took the part behind the quote and isolated it between the []'s.

-----

Thanks a lot Tops, That was easy.

Northman
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe Jay was with family and wanted to take some time away from football. Maybe he is still bummed about Shanahan and Bates. So what? Is he not allowed to deal with it in his own way? Man, some of you guys crack me up.

Northman
01-15-2009, 06:09 PM

Sure enough, and right now on this Bronco team Jay is one of the best ones we have.

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Sure enough, and right now on this Bronco team Jay is one of the best ones we have.

With Champ hurt all last season, Jay Cutler was the BEST player and pretty much the only guy we had.

And some of these so called know it are entertaining the idea of trading him away?

Tned
01-15-2009, 08:02 PM

Translation: "Gem kicked my ass all over the friggin message board and I'm gonna skulk away with an 'argue with a girl' quip." :laugh:

Nature Boy
01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Translation: "Gem kicked my ass all over the friggin message board and I'm gonna skulk away with an 'argue with a girl' quip." :laugh:

I've already stated all my points and I've already told her to retread my last 75-100 posts or so. I'm not gonna go back and repeat the same stuffs; it's gets pretty frustrating.

But Tned, if it makes you feel better, you can think whatever you like. You're the boss.

Foochacho
01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Maybe Jay was with family and wanted to take some time away from football. Maybe he is still bummed about Shanahan and Bates. So what? Is he not allowed to deal with it in his own way? Man, some of you guys crack me up.

Trade his ass what a mommas boy. What kind of puss gets diabetes anyway?

Tned
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I've already stated all my points and I've already told her to retread my last 75-100 posts or so. I'm not gonna go back and repeat the same stuffs; it's gets pretty frustrating.

But Tned, if it makes you feel better, you can think whatever you like. You're the boss.

Retread your posts? :confused: Freudian slip? :laugh:

ikillz0mbies
01-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Like they say, "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn".

Booyah.

red98
01-16-2009, 12:57 AM
REPORT: SCHWARTZ WANTS BATES OR SCHOTTENHEIMER TO RUN OFFENSE
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2009, 11:44 p.m. EST

Now that Jim Schwartz is the new coach of the Detroit Lions, he’ll have to lure assistant coaches to a franchise that has won one playoff game since Dwight D. Eisenhower was running the country.

At the top of his list on the offensive side of the ball, per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, are Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Mort reports that Bates signed a three-year extension with the Broncos after coach Mike Shanahan was fired. However, the Broncos recently gave Bates permission to interview with the Raiders for a position on the team’s coaching staff; if the Broncos would let Bates jump to their arch-rivals in Oakland, the Broncos surely would let Bates go to Detroit.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/15/report-schwartz-wants-bates-or-schottenheimer-to-run-offense/

ikillz0mbies
01-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Well, that shouldn't be a big loss. Bobby Turner was retained, that's all that matters I suppose. I could see him going to Detroit. Plus, the Lions have the first pick overall. Should they draft a QB (Sanchez and Stafford are the only QB's projected to go in the 1st round), Bates could work wonders with that offense (Johnson at WR, Kevin Smith at RB). It's better than going to Oakland that's for sure.

fcspikeit
01-16-2009, 01:40 AM
REPORT: SCHWARTZ WANTS BATES OR SCHOTTENHEIMER TO RUN OFFENSE
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2009, 11:44 p.m. EST

Now that Jim Schwartz is the new coach of the Detroit Lions, he’ll have to lure assistant coaches to a franchise that has won one playoff game since Dwight D. Eisenhower was running the country.

At the top of his list on the offensive side of the ball, per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, are Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Mort reports that Bates signed a three-year extension with the Broncos after coach Mike Shanahan was fired. However, the Broncos recently gave Bates permission to interview with the Raiders for a position on the team’s coaching staff; if the Broncos would let Bates jump to their arch-rivals in Oakland, the Broncos surely would let Bates go to Detroit.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/15/report-schwartz-wants-bates-or-schottenheimer-to-run-offense/

He signed the 3 year deal after Shanahan got fired? That sounds like the plan was to keep him... What was the deal, OC or QB coach?

Lonestar
01-16-2009, 03:38 AM
He signed the 3 year deal after Shanahan got fired? That sounds like the plan was to keep him... What was the deal, OC or QB coach?

no way he was ready for OC.. Unless everyone qualified turned Pat down then he would have went with Ricky.. IMO

fcspikeit
01-16-2009, 04:19 AM
no way he was ready for OC.. Unless everyone qualified turned Pat down then he would have went with Ricky.. IMO

Maybe not, but if the deal was signed after Shanahan got fired it had to be for a coaching position. what was the position? Why would Pat sign him then let him talk to other teams? Are you sure the deal was signed "after" Shanahan got fired?

Tned
01-16-2009, 08:11 AM

That was misreported. Bates signed the extension well before Shanahan was fired.

Tned
01-16-2009, 08:14 AM
That was misreported. Bates signed the extension well before Shanahan was fired.

Scheffter posted this on Christmas Eve:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/24/broncos-keep-qbs-coach-bates-away-from-vols/

Adam Schefter
Broncos keep QBs coach Bates away from Vols
Posted: Adam Schefter

When he took the University of Tennessee head coaching job, Lane Kiffin turned to the assistants he knew and trusted most. He turned to those in his family and in his former division.

Not only did Kiffin hire his father Monte Kiffin, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator, but he also attempted to lure Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates, one of the top young offensive assistants in the game, out of Denver.

Bates was said to have seriously considered Kiffin’s offer, but eventually opted to stay in Denver, where the Broncos gave him a raise and an extension.

Denver views the 32-year-old Bates, a former assistant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, as an invaluable resource for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler. Bates is a strong thinker with superb strategic knowledge of the game.

He’ll need plenty of it if Denver has a chance of upsetting San Diego on Sunday night for the AFC West title and a playoff spot.